• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Gamma, that's easy to fix. i see that you've already ported him to Ganondorf, so pm me the files and i'll get Umbreon working correctly. well, except the smallness issue. but you could always just scale him up during all his animations.

and is that one of my AC songs i hear in the video :bee:?

and Gamma, did i not Tabuu Mew yet? if you want, i can do that too. i'd just need the files.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
@Snoopy Oh yeah huh? I keep forgetting about the bone scale thing...

Mmk, I'll PM you the files. You didn't Tabuu Mew, I tried for myself and got the shield to work... that's about it. I'll send you those too. And while you're at it, can you please reposition the shield? I tried moving the XRotN bone like you said, and when that didn't work I just moved the whole shebang using the TransN bone, and that still didn't work. :c

And yes that is your AC song. It's fitting for the stage no?

@Eternal Yoshi Yeah, Mew has a TransN bone, but what you mean by reflecting Mew's bones I have no idea. :laugh: Sorry.

@GCF I put a few screenshots on the KC-MM thread, but I'll post one here for everyone else to see. I'm kinda fond of this one....

More pics here.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
that's actually the stage i got the idea to make it. but (i think) you're supposed to move the ThrowN bone during the guard animation to make the shield move.

but i'll get started on both.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
that's actually the stage i got the idea to make it. but (i think) you're supposed to move the ThrowN bone during the guard animation to make the shield move.

but i'll get started on both.
Snap, I meant the ThrowN bone.

Or maybe I moved the ThrownN bone? I don't remember.

But thanks anyway. :embarrass:

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
The Haven problem where if a new characters got less original bones then a character whose Haven is higher then they can't pick up items. You figured out how to change it?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Dusknoir is 99% glitchfree now, only left is fix the hurtboxes perfectly
omg!!! You busted the item glitch!!!
you won the prize :D
*gives 10 cookies and 3 internet*
The Haven problem where if a new characters got less original bones then a character whose Haven is higher then they can't pick up items. You figured out how to change it?
yesh, I have figure it out :3

it still are very useful if the item are in wrong place (ex on one foot instead in it's hand) :3
and a most if it freeze then they trying to pick the item up

I am evil right now!

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Dusknoir is 99% glitchfree now, only left is fix the hurtboxes perfectly

you won the prize :D
*gives 10 cookies and 3 internet*

yesh, I have figure it out :3

it still are very useful if the item are in wrong place (ex on one foot instead in it's hand) :3
and a most if it freeze then they trying to pick the item up

I am evil right now!
So help me.. if you dont reveal how to fix the item glitch I will throw a giant toad bomb at you >.>

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
yes, tell us the secret to overcoming the item hold glitch. this is basically the last big glitch that i haven't been able to figure out how to get rid of. i know it's not simply changing the bone index of the HaveN to match the replaced character, and i know that we haven't figured out how to make it work with Tabuu (unless i missed something). so, please tell us the secret.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
yes, tell us the secret to overcoming the item hold glitch. this is basically the last big glitch that i haven't been able to figure out how to get rid of. i know it's not simply changing the bone index of the HaveN to match the replaced character, and i know that we haven't figured out how to make it work with Tabuu (unless i missed something). so, please tell us the secret.
Ill finally be able to start on toad's B-Moves and Final Smash then onto.. TEH VOICE BACK AND TEXTURE REVAMP!!

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
OH. MAN. :O

Can't wait for that, that will fix just about everything... except Mew's stupid shield. >:|

It doesn't help with Umbreon, unfortunately, as it doesn't even have a HaveN bone.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
How to fix the Itemglitch
AKA HaveN glitch

Yeah! I busted the glitch :D it is kind easy cause it have been lying before our eyes whole the time.
one thing before we starting, you can't (for now) only do this with Tabuu, you need do to this in a hex editor.

Things you need:
* Your PAC file
* Your Custom model to see which bone you want
* Tabuu
* hex editor

Things what might be handy:
* a Back-up of your PAC file
* a Original model to the character you are replacing to see which bone it are
* a Hex-to-Dec calculator (like windows calculator)

Step 1:
Open up your (Back-up) PAC in Tabuu and scroll down to "UnknownO" right above "Misc"

As you can see, this is the Item bones are.
The first one (0x000) is which bone the item will be attached to
the second one (0x001) is unknown but theory confirms if the character are left or right handed.

Step 2:
Open up your PAC file in a Hex Editor and go to the offest it are write there. For me and olimar, I need to go to 26440

Step 3:
Okay, this is a tricky part. You need to find out the value by yourself in this area. dont worry, they are pretty close ;3
it does look something like this

The red one is the first offset even known as the HaveN bone.
The blue one is the second offset even known as right/left hand bone.
Change all the value so it fits to the new bone you want to use, All the same value need to be replaced

Note: the first offset has often 3 value and the second offset has often 5 value.
Use your Hex-to-Dec calculator to get the right "hex".

Before

After

Step 4:
after you have change those. SAVE the PAC in the hex editor. you dont need to save in Tabuu. if you used same pac in both tabuu and hex editor, close the file in tabuu first and THEN SAVE the pac in the hex editor.

Step 5:
Test in game and PROFIT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zrppOQHAkk
dusknoir was the first custom character that did this thing and succeed :3

(now, piranha plant can use items too!)

(optional) Step 6:
didn't it look good or did it still freeze?
Change it to a other bone or look after what went wrong :3

Why not only tabuu?
okay, I guess some of you will ask why tabuu can't to this thing.
I tried it but there is no result in wii.
the problem is Tabuu only replace ONE value of 3/5 in each offset. all 3 and 5 needs to be replaced.

one last thing:

dusknoir is so happy because this is busted! :3

Happy Itemfixing :3

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I KNEW unknown O had clues to this....

Thanks.
saw quick unknownO was the HaveN but didn't know how to fix it after I looked in a hex editor.
Like I said before, tabuu only replace one value, not the other 3 / 5 so the same results always came then I tried it on wii xD

the last thing to look after is the "minimun" bone change so we can have one player with only one bone over ROB or tabuu xD

I know how to fix legde glitch, "polygons-snap-after-thrown" glitch and some other glitches :3

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I never experienced the ledge glitch.....

We would have to change ALL bone refs in the ENTIRE .pac to remove the limits.

With this one busted, we are one step closer........

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I never experienced the ledge glitch.....

We would have to change ALL bone refs in the ENTIRE .pac to remove the limits.

With this one busted, we are one step closer........
I had with dusknoir and hoppip D:
after playing with animations and SectorZ, he wanted to work :3

not to burst the bubble but I have tried it to change all bone refs (and UnknownO and SectorZ) with a zakoboy model over olimar with NO dummy bones to see whats happenend. still freeze :/
there is something in olimar that has something in value 39. then someone has 93 bones or more, it can be playable over olimar so my suggest is to try to find out the "39" or "38"

the attribut 184 (and 180) looks kinda suspicious :/

yeay! i did some useful! :D

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
that's why i couldn't find it. i'd better look closer at the Unknowns in Tabuu next time. but thank you Pikazz for figuring this out, i'll put it in my guide later today.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I haven't been here in a while/checked on progress with customized content, but I have one question. Will it be possible to create more characters available on the selection screen? (have new characters not replace existing ones)

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
We are getting to that....

We are waiting for the clone engine to be in an usable state.

Wait a while, be patient, and we will be rewarded.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Can we talk Sword Glows??

It seems that depending on the file, The color option only accepts certain colors.
If it rejects it, you will get a white trail.

For Gray Fox's files, I only got 2 colors, F = His sword Swipe Color(Light Blue)
and E = Orange like his Eye Glow

Marth's Sword color IDs do not work on GF and will only produce a white trail.

I looked at the AT version's GFX and copy-pasta'd it.

I wish there were other colors.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Does this count as a new character? To me it does.
He's so epic. It's Solid Snake, but he's in Brawl already, isn't he? Yes, he is, but he dosn't look like Solid Snake.

It's Snake's look from Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes! Best used with Eternal Yoshi's Gray Fox.

Afgan sent his Snake to somone, then that somone posted the Snake in a thread. I downoaded that Snake, fixed the face and eye textures (Since they were poorly done) and a few other things.

Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11618&Moderated=All

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hey, you ever notice that we may have missed something???

Well I feel foolish to not see it.

In Pikazz's pic, the value after the first 2 haveN references points to Oli and MK's ThrowN.

I'm sure this reference controls which bone holds heavy items.

Might also fix the angling of the Cracker Launcher too.

Winner. It does control the bone that carries heavy stuff, like Bonsly.

Top Bottom