• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Pi

Smash Hero
LOL superwavedash. they finally changed it XD
lmao hell yea

pretty cool matches. i noticed he was punishing you for throwing out moves a lot. also, you tend to go in the air a bit much. samus doesn't need to initiate in the air.
one last thing, focus on always watching your opponent and only your own with peripheral vision.

other than that, your tech skill is good. keep at it
yea, trust me that realization was hittin me every time he wD OoS and dsmashed my smash attack, or WD back and punished my dash attack lol

and watching the opponents char definitely is something i need to work on in samus ditto's
it's just a unique matchup, with her missiles and all, i find my focus falling elsehwere when it needs to be on his char

appreciate the tips mayne :)

[edit]
they were friendlies, but i was definitely trying to beat you, and I think i only won like 1 match lol
you used dash attack a lot smarter than me, which i've noticed in some of your other matches, so ima try to work with that more, and need to start punishing w/ wd out dsmash/dtilt

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
oh cmon now they were just friendlies you guys.
ya ya i know. I just thought I'd give some insight. I totally understand that neither of you had your try pants on lol

lmao hell yea

yea, trust me that realization was hittin me every time he wD OoS and dsmashed my smash attack, or WD back and punished my dash attack lol

and watching the opponents char definitely is something i need to work on in samus ditto's
it's just a unique matchup, with her missiles and all, i find my focus falling elsehwere when it needs to be on his char

appreciate the tips mayne :)
yeah no problem. yup keep working at always watching your opponent in this match up, even if it's just friendlies. it'll only help in the long run :]

ps: MORE VIDEOS FROM BOTH OF YOU

Pi

Smash Hero
match 10 for some laughs lmao

[edit]
pretty sure i got drunk & watched cowboy bebop episode about that smiling assassin who hated cats...
periot something or other...
last night

yup
i did

Geist

Smash Master
Hey guys... I know nothing about the Ganon matchup....

Help?
Dont challenge him. Think of it like the marth matchup, only you get third party facepalmed with fair and other moves that take off over 20%. Theres more than enough time between his moves for you to attack, so get used to baiting him by quickly moving in and out of his range. If he starts assaulting your shield with fair to jabs, just get out of there with a wd oos, or light shield the fairs to push you back if you have the room. Oh also dont get stuck above him. And dont get hit.

Pi

Smash Hero
don't chase him in the air, you go aerial first, and either space attacks out of his grab range, or land behind him
if you land behind him a lot of ganons will jump out of shield, so what you can do is like...SH over, delay bair, then jump bair and he'll jump into it...some times
works on other chars, but ganon's jump is like perfect for your bair

but basically if he's on the ground i'll jump at him, with the intention of probably going over him where he's at
and depending on what he does;
if he jumps i'll nair/fair
he he wavedashes i'll dj and retreating missile
if he jumps and uair i'll probably get hit unless i can throw out a nair before that

and yea, don't be above him, cause his uair will **** you up

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Dont **** up spacing =] and dont stop moving =)

Dont jump when he hits you, just get to the ground haha. Short hop fair is pretty good i think if you know hes coming in with an aerial. Edge guard him at OR DIE TRYING!!!!! I think everyone has got this match up covered. Just play it for a while and you'll get the hang of it.

My big problem - I suck at CCing =( can someone help this poor scrub and explain to me how its properly done?

Violence

Smash Lord
Thanks guys.

Btw Blowtoes on a related note we have two new Ganons in the area, I haven't played them yet, but they apparently ****ed up someone who people think will be ranked soon.

But I mean... it IS a Falco, who probably doesn't know the matchup, so Ganon probably just sneezed on him and he died.

I have yet to see them for myself.

Pluplue

Smash Ace
Dont **** up spacing =] and dont stop moving =)

Dont jump when he hits you, just get to the ground haha. Short hop fair is pretty good i think if you know hes coming in with an aerial. Edge guard him at OR DIE TRYING!!!!! I think everyone has got this match up covered. Just play it for a while and you'll get the hang of it.

My big problem - I suck at CCing =( can someone help this poor scrub and explain to me how its properly done?
bait em into not sweet spotting an attack and hold down :O

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Why would i take a hit knowing i baited it haha. Wouldn't it make more sense to dash dance and punish or just wavedash back?

Geist

Smash Master
Thanks guys.

Btw Blowtoes on a related note we have two new Ganons in the area, I haven't played them yet, but they apparently ****ed up someone who people think will be ranked soon.

But I mean... it IS a Falco, who probably doesn't know the matchup, so Ganon probably just sneezed on him and he died.

I have yet to see them for myself.
Ha thats interesting.
Im anticipating how im going to stack up against everyone, I honestly have no idea.

Pi

Smash Hero
Why would i take a hit knowing i baited it haha. Wouldn't it make more sense to dash dance and punish or just wavedash back?
usually it's an aerial that you bait
like a marth fair
which is very hard to outspace & punish
but CC & punish is more reliable

DarrellD

Smash Ace
usually it's an aerial that you bait
like a marth fair
which is very hard to outspace & punish
but CC & punish is more reliable
Marths fair is one of the only aerials thats worth CCing because of how hard to punish.

But what about a character thats more grounded and uses tilts more. Whats the best
way to CC grounded moves while your still moving and spacing yourself?

Violence

Smash Lord
CC is really situational with Samus, and I feel like it's really overused. Personally, I don't think there are many ground moves that you should crouch cancel.

I think shield dancing is a lot better, it leaves you more mobile, and if you take a hit on your shield on the ground, you can wavedash OoS for a punish, if it's punishable. If not, you need a better way to get in. My two cents anyways.

I'm horrible at crouch canceling too. I feel like 9 times out of 10 anyways, you would prefer to shield into your shield options, or wavedash back to punish.

What percentage can you crouch cancel Falco's dair up to? He keeps ****** me... :c

Geist

Smash Master
Iirc you can cc falcos dair for years. From there if he shines you can dtilt and if hes a jumpy fellow you can upb.

ccing is one of the more important techniques out there simply because of all the things you can do with it. Its like an emergency counter-**** button. If anything its severely underused - most people just dont use it properly.
To clarify, its always better to not get hit, but in a situation where you either cant avoid it or you can make a much better tradeoff (like trading 5% from foxs dair to take off a stock with dsmash), ccing is pretty much your safety net.

Geist

Smash Master
Got tickets for the 6th, ill be there for that tournament early november (was it the 9th?) if my class orientation permits it.

Pluplue

Smash Ace
One reason is that if you CC a move into down tilt/down smash, you do more damage in that combo or edge guard than they did with the attack you CC'd.
Also your attack is more guaranteed to hit them if you CC theirs.
If you dash dance out of the way of their, say, shffled Fair. You might have the timing a millionth of a second off and your Fsmash or Dsmash or dash attack hits their shield it'll obviously be punished.

My strategy vs marth is COMPLETELY reliant on crouch canceling, and pushing them to the edge with tilts.
Bait them into doing Fair and either trade with dash attack or space with Fsmash and Ftilt.
Or if they try spacing without committing you can dash dance and wave dash around, keep loose :D
Marth's options are REALLY limited in this matchup, it's only imbalanced because samus will somehow get in the air and take 10000 dmg before getting back to the ground. So if you space well and trade hits smartly you can get a kill before you get to the percent of infinite juggling.

Geist

Smash Master
I dont like the concept of purposely trading hits, I think its a bad mentality to have. If you have another option it's probably better in the long run.

Geist

Smash Master
Lol dont worry I have kirbykaze to yell the proper usage of ccing to me.
Im just throwing in my two cents how I think not getting hit is more important.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Nowadays I just yell at people for being stupid and backing down when they don't need to.

Or for making really dumb decisions in combat.

CCing is easy.

Alukard

Smash Hero
trading hits sumtimes wins the game because the opponent doesn't realize ur goal in the long run LOL

Pi

Smash Hero
it also forces them to approach differently
Since many of the moves you CC are generally safe to throw out light hits, when you CC them it forces them to not throw them out any more

Geist

Smash Master
If you guys havent seen yet, mango (actually under scorpion master) has videos of his samus up. Id link it but I cant copy links on my phone.

Top Bottom