• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
W00t, to generic to be mentioned on Kirby's list.:oneeye:

Soldiviner, I must ask where does your username come from?
My username? Well, originally, I wanted "lunadiviner", after the title of Kingdom Hearts 2's Saïx, The Luna Diviner, to use on AIM. Lo and behold, some yahoo already took it. So, after 5-10 minutes or so of thinking, I decided to go with a contrasting name: where "luna" was Latin/Spanish for "moon", "sol" was Latin/Spanish for "sun", and so that's how I got my tag of "Sol Diviner". Fitting, as I like the sun. :3

For some reason, I have the strangest feeling of déja vu. XD

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I'm invisible! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Don't worry about it, soldiviner, to be actively noticed you have to be witty and/or have a noticeable writing style. I, unfortunately, have neither.

Mewter

Smash Master
And you have to have a high post count.

'Cause, you know, post count totally matters here.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm invisible! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Don't worry about it, soldiviner, to be actively noticed you have to be witty and/or have a noticeable writing style. I, unfortunately, have neither.
Wll, I sppose yu nd I culd strt typng lik ths - a lttr or two mssing frm most of our wrds. Yu thnk tht wuld get us noticd? XD

Or it may bckfire nd make us look cmpletely foolsh. Who knws? >__>

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
dn't knw wht yr tlkng bt.
Or, we could type our wordsh ash if we were talking like Sean Connery. After all, he talksh like thish, which ish kind of cool in my honesht opinion. XD

@Reaper: Doesh that mean you forgive me? It really wash a mishundershtanding. I hate it when (though rare) I mishread poshtsh. :(

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I feel like i should infract you because of your poor spelling.
But... Sean Connery... :(

Surely everyone likesh Sean Connery. I like sheeing hish moviesh, and I like shandwiches, and I'm jusht adding wordsh with the letter "s(h)" in them ash a reashon to shay wordsh Sean Connery-shtyle.

Oh yesh Moneypenny, I do fan(c)shy a date at the reshtaurant with you... and a martini: shaken, not shtirred. XD

BSP

Smash Legend
So I'm getting Battle Revolution tomorrow, so I'll have incentive to raise good PKMNs for online play and stuff. I'll probably be checking in the Poke center more frequently (unless school drastically picks up)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
The more you talk, the more you get noticed :)

and in the snorlax room, conversation doesn't happen so much as people start posting about whatever they like. It kinda gets summed up like this:

tery: pokecenter events, tries to respond to posts before him but types in a tl;dr manner
shimazu: **** about his girlfriend, tcg, or breeding, regardless of whatever was posted before him
charmander: whining like a little kid
fuelbi: whining like a little kid
ulti: generally pokemon stuff, sometimes whines about various things
wave+: generally one-liners. sometimes relevant, sometimes not.
leafy: cool stuff, actually responds to people!
circa: talks about relevant stuff, also about pokemon
you: talks about various relevant pokemon things
mods: whine about moderator ****, EXCEPT PR, SPIRE, AND CHILL CUZ THEY'RE BROS. Firus is cool. Meta-kirby can eat a ****.
other pc semi-regulars: post about pokemon stuff...usually.
I actually quit TCG. Would cost a lot as me and her wanted to play. And it's cool how you stereotype us, I can't tell by my description if you like/hate/indifferent of me xD. At least I'm not in the whining category.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Here's something interesting for Gen V:

Synchronize now passes Bad Poison to the opponent instead of normal Poison if poisoned with Toxic/Poison Fang.

Mean Look, Spider Web, and all other moves that trap the opponent can no longer be Baton Passed, which may hurt Umbreon's effectiveness.

Also - more interesting still - the counter for Sleep turns now reset when the sleeping Pokémon switches. This means they're forced to either stay in to wake up, or rely on a cleric, like Blissey, Celebi, Miltank, Roserade, etc. to heal them.

Interesting stuff, people... interesting stuff. :3

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Don't worry, dude, I'm not on the list either, unless I fall into the other people that post in here category.

This has been burning my mind for some time. I know that the 3DS is supposed to come out in March 2011, and I also know that Pokemon B/W is supposed to come out around the same time. Launch title, maybe, or just coincidence??

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Zook, you still are the ****, and I dunno why Articanus, Spire, or Umbreon aren't on there either.
i kinda cheated and just looked at the top 10 or so posters in this thread. lol.

the vast majority of the time i skip what you say anyway :awesome:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I wonder what would happen if you had the 3D effect on while a playing a regular DS game...
To my knowledge, the effects would be minimal, as the games weren't made with 3-D in mind. Still, it's worth testing.

On that note, it's been confirmed the 3DS will have a Virtual Console-type service, where you can download GameBoy, GameBoy Color, and "classic games", and will be tweaked to be compatible with the 3-D mechanics.

That said, I don't know if they really will be tweaked or not. It could be possible that - by themselves - they can be viewed in 3-D. If that's the case, then it'd be a good bet that normal DS games will have a similar effect. We'll just have to wait and see.

P.S. You can imagine I'd be all over Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal when they're released on the Virtual Console DS (let's call it "VCDS" for now), among others. X3

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Because Articantus hasn't posted here much...
So he listed Leafy and Circa? They're roughly as inactive (or inversely as lurkish) as Articanus is. :p

But anyway. Does anyone play chess here? I've in out of it for a month+ and need to get back into things. I play either through correspondence or online at chess.com.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
no, nobody plays chess.

and i mentioned spire. he's a bro.

i play pokemon the same way i have sex. it goes badly, it's short, and it's unsatisfying for the other 'player'. and it doesn't ever happen.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
no, nobody plays chess.

and i mentioned spire. he's a bro.

i play pokemon the same way i have sex. it goes badly, it's short, and it's unsatisfying for the other 'player'. and it doesn't ever happen.
All the imaginary people I know play chess. And the online imaginary people I play againstp lose to, too.

Oh, my bad. You should've mentioned Zook, too.

Well. That's awkward. I actually don't think I've ever "played" you.

Edit - ^lol.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The more you talk, the more you get noticed :)

and in the snorlax room, conversation doesn't happen so much as people start posting about whatever they like. It kinda gets summed up like this:

leafy: cool stuff, actually responds to people!
Thanks kirby! :)

But yeah, you don't just become a regular here overnight, soldiviner. The more active you become in the PC, the more people will acknowledge you. Don't spam though, people will hate you. This is a really bad analogy, but it's kind of like being a new kid at a high school. You can't just sit beside a bunch of people and act like you've known them forever, when it's like your first couple of days there. You've kinda gotta get to know them a little bit.

EDIT: God****, that really is a horrible analogy. But I can't think of anything better...

EDITv2:
i kinda cheated and just looked at the top 10 or so posters in this thread. lol.

the vast majority of the time i skip what you say anyway :awesome:
Am I really a top 10 poster in this thread? You must be kidding.

EDITv3(So many edits...):
So he listed Leafy and Circa? They're roughly as inactive (or inversely as lurkish) as Articanus is. :p

But anyway. Does anyone play chess here? I've in out of it for a month+ and need to get back into things. I play either through correspondence or online at chess.com.
I try not to post unless I feel that I can actually add something relevant (or Helpful) to the discussion. But I do stop by here pretty frequently.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm gonna become a top 10 poster someday! Just wait!!~

Anyways, yeah. Erufuun is my favorite pokemon besides Jigglypuff, Pichu, and Plusle... and Erufuun actually has a use!!! :D

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
it's from a japanese rhythm game.

i forget what it's called, but i played it once in some arcade. it was pretty fun (but i might be confusing it with some other taiko drum arcade game lol)

Moozle

Smash Champion
My favorite two posters in the PC are either banned or barely come here. After I finish college apps i'm going to become the master of the SWF Dex and make it active again.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
it's from a japanese rhythm game.

i forget what it's called, but i played it once in some arcade. it was pretty fun (but i might be confusing it with some other taiko drum arcade game lol)
It could be Beatmania or Beatmania IIDX. If neither, then I'm sure its from one of the myriad of Bemani games released by Konami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom