• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 The Doritoes incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm apparently out of the loop. People keep mentioning the incident and I have no idea what they are talking about. What is this Doritos incident?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
ally said:
About the dorito incident

me and xzax were curious if we could take those, we tried and we were told that they were probably expired or for display, so okay we put them back then someone tried to get some and was told the same, THEN SOME OFFICIAL WEARING SHIRT GUY FROM MLG Knocked one of those containers and filled his blue bag with 10+++ bags and THANKS to him it caused EVERYONE (Halo, Tekken SMasher etc) TO PICK EM. Accussing smashers is ****ing stupid I hate the guy who told us that we were IDIOTS and lil stupid kids.
(MLG) Clap said:
As to the Doritos incident. It was NOT a staff member that did it. I watched the entire thing unfold from the tower. I watched a Production Assistant and a security guard tell 3-4 smashers 3 TIMES to not get into bins (1 time by the roaming guard and 2 times by the PA breaking down the Doritos triangle stage).

After the PA and the guard were gone, the same individuals tipped over the bins and started unloading the bags. How do I know? I watched from the tower and by the time I ran down the steps and ran to the back, there was a frenzy of people grabbing bags, even carrying one of the displays over to the Smash area. I recognized many of the top players there, yes you Ally were one of them.

The bins were on the circuit all year and shipped around by Doritos. Now they're cracked, chipped, and need to be restuffed. The bins were set up so that the they had layers of different Doritos flavors, organized with the logos facing out. It was quite tedious for one of our sponsors to do, considering the bins are so tall, and the work was precise.

Bottom line, it was disrespectful, and MLG staff did NOT lead the charge.
so apparently ally has witnesses that say it was a staff member that knocked it over and started taking things but MLG clap says he witnessed the whole thing from a tower and blamed the incident on smash players and Ally

ADHD

Smash Hero
POTATOS WERE UNJUSTFULLY ABUSED!

Dear lord Jesus died for our sins and this is what you do in return? How dare you steal potato chips.

V

Smash Ace

Dear lord Jesus died for our sins and this is what you do in return? How dare you steal potato chips.
I lol'd sooo hard. They better let you back in just for that XD

UberMario

Smash Master
I assume that game of Smash Bros. won't return to MLG, Brawl, however, will. :awesome:

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I'm surprised people are still joking about this. The community should be outraged that some of our own did something like this, something that could get us DROPPED from the circuit if we're not careful.

It's really disconcerting to me.

Trillion

Smash Ace
Let's look at the evidence.

1.) We got Ally and a bunch of smashers who were right there where it happened testifying that an MLG official and players from other games were involved.

2.) We got a guy from up in a tower testifying that he saw some people who he is identifying as smashers going and asking for them multiple times.

Question 1: Who had the better vantage point? The guys who were standing RIGHT there or the guy in the tower?
Answer: The guys who were standing closer.

Question 2: How would said guy in the tower be able to distinguish who IS and IS NOT a smash bros. player?
Answer: He likely couldn't.

Question 3: Who has reason to lie?
Answer: Ally and the smashers obviously have reason to lie about it IF it were them. However, IF an MLG official was seen being the first to break into the displays, then obviously it would be very bad for MLG to admit to Doritos that it was one of their own officials who did it. So, blaming the players is the obvious answer and Smash Bros. is probably a better scape goat than Halo.

Question 4: How many people side with each story?
Answer: MLG Clap sides with his own story alone. Ally has multiple people siding with his story.

Summary: MLG clap did not have as good a vantage point as Ally, there are more people who confirm Ally's story than MLG Clap's, MLG Clap likely could not say for sure who is and is not a smash bros. player, and finally, MLG Clap has just as much, if not more reason, to lie than Ally or any other member of the smash bros community.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't know the layout, but Claps probably had the better view. If you're down below, you can only see so many people through, well, the sea of people. Above, you can how large the group is around the display, ect.

Halo MLG players tend to, as far as I know, identify themselves as such more. There is also the fact they have probably gone to more tournaments, so Claps would recognize them. And if Claps recognized Ally, he could have probably made an educated guess as to who the people he doesn't recognize as Halo players were.

I highly doubt Claps did it.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Clap has some part of the story right, smasher did take the container, then knocked it over , but after that, an OFFICIAL WEARING guy did it and filled his BLUE bag with em, and that's when everybody told eachother 'Are we permitted to take em now?' so everyone took em. dude was going downstairs lmao you missed 10-20 secs of what happened

I never really accused clap, lots of people told me it was Clap, but I know the person was wearing a shirt I AM NOT A LIAR, IM HONEST

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Let's look at the evidence.

1.) We got Ally and a bunch of smashers who were right there where it happened testifying that an MLG official and players from other games were involved.

2.) We got a guy from up in a tower testifying that he saw some people who he is identifying as smashers going and asking for them multiple times.

Question 1: Who had the better vantage point? The guys who were standing RIGHT there or the guy in the tower?
Answer: The guys who were standing closer.

Question 2: How would said guy in the tower be able to distinguish who IS and IS NOT a smash bros. player?
Answer: He likely couldn't.

Question 3: Who has reason to lie?
Answer: Ally and the smashers obviously have reason to lie about it IF it were them. However, IF an MLG official was seen being the first to break into the displays, then obviously it would be very bad for MLG to admit to Doritos that it was one of their own officials who did it. So, blaming the players is the obvious answer and Smash Bros. is probably a better scape goat than Halo.

Question 4: How many people side with each story?
Answer: MLG Clap sides with his own story alone. Ally has multiple people siding with his story.

Summary: MLG clap did not have as good a vantage point as Ally, there are more people who confirm Ally's story than MLG Clap's, MLG Clap likely could not say for sure who is and is not a smash bros. player, and finally, MLG Clap has just as much, if not more reason, to lie than Ally or any other member of the smash bros community.

It's really immature and stupid of you guys to be joking about this when it's another strike being chalked up for Smash. Two "upheavals" in one year... we're screwing ourselves over and instead you choose to laugh about it. GGs.

Doritos are corn chips.
I just have to commend this wittiness though.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Potato chips... they were free anyway... this injustice must be solved.. it's so devastating.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
guy's if you read ally's second post, he basically admits it was the smashers that knocked it over and THEN an MLG official came over.

we're boned

Tesh

Smash Hero
Why is it so hard to keep your stories straight people? Just look through your post history and see what lie you told first. Its not that hard.

Maaaaaaan

Smash Rookie
HEY YOU WITH THE FREE **** WE'RE GIVING YOU!

YEAH YOU.

YOU'RE DEAD!

HEAR ME?

DEAD.

cornships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom