• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 8: -TOP 50 POSTED-

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Thanks for the comment, DM! :bee:

Alright, so I guess I'll do some advertising while I have some time. Actually...I think this is the first time I've ever done this! :urg:

AXEL GEAR

Hyper Ridley's last solo moveset first set of the contest was an early favorite, and for good reason! He's a cool-looking mouse-warrior dude from a game that looks pretty fun. Axel would be pretty fun to play with in Smash Bros. too! His Lightning Barriers transform the fight into a cage match, and with aggressive swordplay and jetpack action, he'll trap foes in a corner and turn the tide in his favor. All of Axel's moves are well-polished and thought out in true H_R style, and it all comes together into a nice little package. So if you missed out, give this one a read! :bee:

THE APPRENTICE

And now for some Star Wars action! Darth Meanie returned to movesetting with this one-day wonder. He's got spectacular Force attacks galore, and he wields a lightsaber. What more could you ask for? A fun read and a cool moveset; if you're looking for a different sort of swordsman for your MYM8, look no further than the Secret Apprentice! He drops a Star Destroyer on the stage for his Final Smash. That's just bad@ss! :bee:

HANNIBAL ROY BEAN

Xiaolin Showdown FTW! Series bias aside, Hannibal is a formidable entry in MYM8 from our resident MasterWarlord. He didn't have much to work with, but MW pulled out all the stops to make Hannibal a formidable and unique fighter. He can be big, he can be small, and he flies around the stage like an evil, grinning pinball. He can even make you puke himself up! Hannibal's got all sorts of dastardly methods of tormenting his foes. Give this one a read if you're a big fan of villains (or Xiaolin Showdown, like me)! :bee:

Yay, all done! Hopefully I'll get to comenting the last couple of movesets soon.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Advertisement Numero Dos

Kamek

n88 has been pumping out movesets like crazy this entire contest, and has been an engine of growth. His best moveset yet though was the cackling classic Mario enemy Kamek.

Kamek throws dozens of concepts together at once; stage manipulation, minions, teleportation, projectiles, size changing, and other tricks and manages to throw them all together in a way that works smoothly and flows surprisingly well. From tricking foes into trying to absorb a size increase targeted on a minion, only for it to be a size decrease, to creating an arena that has a built in way to teleport foes into it, Kamek has all sorts of tricks to bring to the table.

Don't forget that Kamek mixes it all in with a universal spell charging mechanic, allowing him to power up all of his spells and keep the foes guessing what we're going to throw at them.

Kamek is self-consistent, brilliant at multiple levels, and, in my opinion, succeeds even Rool's own Kamek moveset, which placed 7th in MYM7.

Which should say something about how good this set is.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Final AD: GO!

COLONEL SANDERS

Colonel Sanders was a one-hit-wonder made by john!. He uses his cane and classic KFC recipe chicken as weapons in the fight.
But what makes this set so s-o-g-double-o-d good is the way he uses his eggs. The old man can either use them as weapons, or hatch them, grow them, then mercelessly slaughter and eat them like the demon from hell he is.
So anyway, its an interesting set and worth a read.

Also, did you know one of the seceret ingredients in KFC chicken is SALT? (HORROR)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Weezing

It is unfortunate that the utterly brilliant and amazing Wiz and Kupa set seems to be more remembered in the community than Weezing, a brilliant and amazing set in its own right (also clearly not as much so as Wiz/Kupa...). Weezing's whole game revolves around exhaling as much gas as possible, before blowing it all up around his opponents, sending them flying to their doom. Not only is Weezing's playstyle an ingenius one (that I am somewhat replicating in MYM9), he has plenty of juicy interactions (hello grab-game) while remaining intuitive and a smooth read. Do yourself a favor and reread this underrated Pokeset before casting your votes...most likely, you'll follow my lead in giving it a vote.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Tatari Wallachia Dracula Zepia ???:

And here's darth meanie's final set of the contest: a vampire guy with too many names. This guy looks really cool, and overall, he plays like a malicious manipulator. His move set is perfectly suited to him, and plays exactly how I'd expect someone of his sort to play. Not to mention his cape reminds me of Spawn.

His Down Special and Neutral Special are pretty cool moves that he uses to mess with his foes and use their own moves against them. The button inputs are a little unclear in the Neutral Special, though. The rest of his specials suit him. His standard attacks are more basic, but are still fun to visualize. Forward Smash is particularly cool-looking; the pictures are appreciated. Lots of cape moves, but they work. Back Aerial reminds me of Jynx's Back Aerial. :) His throws are also pretty nifty, and the Final Smash seems to be a nice homage for followers of the series.

Overall, Tatari Wallachia Dracula Zepia ??? is a very well-rounded move set, and is well-written with just the right amount of detail and little quips to keep it interesting all the way through, as is customary from you, DM. Good job! :bee:

Up next: The Infected and Sir Arthur

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
SILVER THE HEDGEHOG BY MARTHTRINITY

Silver the Hedgehog is the best MT set ever, and one of the greatest movesets of all time. Taking a character with a simple telekenisis power, MT gave Silver the ability to manipulate drop-through platforms, using them as weapons, shields, and even gimping enemies with the thing that is supposed to save them. Even on Final Destination Silver is still viable since he can create his own platforms of mental energy to interact with. This literal stage-control character would be extremely fun to play and unlike similar characters Silver doesn't require his own install disk to work with the graphics engine. Check out his free-for-all-based grab game for extra fu-

What's that? You say Silver was a MYM7 set and I can't ad for him? Nonsense! This epic masterpiece should have placed top 5 in MYM7, the fact that it didn't even make top 10 is a crime against humanity. Help correct this mistake by voting for Silver in MYM8!

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Eligible Voters List

Leaders

MarthTrinity
Junahu
BKupa666
MasterWarlord

Members

Hyper_Ridley
Kholdstare
n88_2004
half_silver28
TWILTHERO
darth_meanie
flyinfilipino
getocoolaid

If I forgot anyone, just remind me and I'll look over your ads again. DM and HR were included for commenting the end-of-contest movesets. MANY of you guys are hovering at two ads; get your last one in and you'll be able to vote!

Also, I'd lol if I were the first MYMer ever to get votesplit due to a moveset from a previous contest xD

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Spartan Warrior

Prepare for battle! Prepare for Glory! This is Sparta!

Spartan Warrior is a moveset that utterly intends to do nothing more than express its character as clearly as it possibly can. With an incredible adherence to historical accuracy and the mechanics of ancient weapons, JOE! brings forth a moveset that truly represents the mobile fortress that is the Spartan Warrior.

In a style that is both fitting and interesting, the Spartan Warrior inexorably approaches with shield ready and spear swinging, switching through two different, specialized weapons to attack in different ways. His spear holds foes off and is a powerful throwing weapon, but he can quickly switch to his short sword to attack powerfully up close. Both have strengths and weaknesses, and it's very effective at doing what it sets out to do

Spartan Warrior takes a different approach to movesetting, but still produces a creative, unique, and interesting moveset without sacrificing the true character of the infamous Greek warrior. Well done.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
MAGMORTAR

As I stated earlier this summer, I have a lot of respect for the approach DM took in remixing Magmortar; inadvertently or not, he took some of the elements that made quite a few of my sets great, and added his own flare (literally) to spice things up. Seriously, Magmortar has Bleak's camping, Chucky's down special, and Stanley's smokescreens. One aspect of the set I enjoyed that stands out more upon a reread was the utilization of aerials. I have been attempting to implement aerials into my playstyles more as of late, and Magmortar does so without issue, despite being a large character. You've heard MW's praises for Magmortar fairly frequently, so I'll turn off the broken record and make my plea; don't let this wonderful set fall as far as Bleak did back in MYM6. Magmortar deserves far better than the barren wasteland of the 40's. It is a terrific modern approach to camping that will hopefully perform well, following in the shoes of Dingo and the GMP.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
SLINKY

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7977535&postcount=21005

Mr. Potato Head came away from Andy's Toys as the crowned champion - he certainly needs no advertisement. Potato Head certainly does stick out massively from Hamm and Rex who can be a distraction from Potato Head, but poor Slinky can oftentimes get carelessly shoved aside into that labeling alongside Hamm and Rex, when in actuality he deserves to be Potato Head's wingman.

Slinky's main concept is using his sling to surround foes. It's fairly easy to catch somebody in your grasp, so don't think about any boring set-up - the meat of Slinky's game is once he's already surrounded the foe and he does his best to prevent foes from escaping the sling and damage them as much as possible. His moveset varies when he's in his circle stance, yet Slinky still manages to have an impressive variety of options here to keep foes guessing, bouncing his slinky around with surprisingly realistic and intuitive physics which make the moveset feel much more practical. Things become all the more intriguing when Slinky can turn his entire sling into a grab-hitbox, much less the simple brilliance of making only Slinky's front and back hurtboxes. These sections of Slinky can still do attacks, though, so expanding your sling back and forth provides for all the more creative intuitive strategies. There's hardly an interaction to be found in the set, it's just the same (Better!) intuitive-ness found in Sloth's beloved chains from MYM 6. This is what Agi tried and failed to do with Napalm Man.

Kat made Jason while high.

The infamous set that made everybody who read it react in this way:

- Jason Voorhees

Jason is an interesting offering from you. To start with the good, I love the concept behind using the machete to change the enemy's moveset into something that you're built to counter. It not only reeks of the horror genre, but you actually put it together in a not half bad way.

Now, on to the bad part. Which is pretty much everything else, I'm afraid. The Neutral Special should be a Special Mechanic, the fact that pressing the input just activates it later makes it pretty much a useless input. The Up Special is also hideously broken. It's not only easily abusable, but with his great number of suicide aerials (which don't seem to be particularly in character for a slasher villain) he can just completely obliterate enemies. It's also a pretty bad case of magic syndrome, and it feels like you're just putting a reincarnation system because they're the 'hip' thing nowadays.

You've also got a good few number of moves that feel rather tacked on. He's got an aspect to him around bending and dropping down platforms, but you never explain the rationale behind this. You say something about reducing the number of places to hide, but Jason is way too slow to approach. Worse, his Down Smash is better when it's on a platform so he can stab an opponent from above through it! Not to mention that he claps for his Up Tilt just seems ridiculous.

The Dash Attack had a tacked on side effect, as did the jab and DThrow, and the suicide aerials were all basically identical and made his air game pretty boring. The FSmash, USmash, Fair, Dair, and BThrow are all as generic as you can possibly get.

Besides that, there are a good number of grammar errors scattered throughout, and the text is fuzzy and hard to read. It looked to me like you might have had the quality set too low, or you compressed it too much.

In the end, Jason is a very flawed moveset that, while it has some interesting ideas, doesn't end up going anywhere with them. The concept behind the machete use was a good one, don't get me wrong, but the set in its entirity utterly failed in the execution of it.

Also, those match-ups are frighteningly bad. I mean sickening. Don't do match-ups if you can do good match-ups.

The beauty of the internet; I have audio commentary in seven parts on Jason: uno, dos, tress, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete. Or visit my YouTube profile here to see all the parts.

I'll also be editing in written comments into this post soon, if there are no new posts. If there are, I'll probably just post up the comments for Scar and Jason anew.

Jason:
wow, JPG image set? I know your browser has serious problems with alpha transparant PNG's, but surely you can see non-transparant ones just fine. JPGs are a generally bad choice for preserving clarity.
But, to be as bizarrely honest as I can be, the organisation here is an absolutely perfect fit for this retro slasher villain. I don't know if this was a purposeful gambit on your part, but the gratuitous mismash of pictures, black background with red text, and fuzzy fonts, makes me think of the early 90s, back when this was the best the internet was capable of. It really brings me back on a nostalgia trip and, as I've just said, it's the perfect fit for a Jason moveset.

The concept, while clever, does have flaws. If I was in a position where I had Jason's Machete, I would drop it on the ground and use it to bait Jason into approaching. If he perfectly counters it, there's no reason I should use it, and no reason for me to give it back.
Of course, that sort of logical thinking is not something Jason's victims were especially capable of, so again it suits Jason, in a wierd way.

Crippling the foe is something that would have been better off as a sub-mechanic, attached to all of his attacks rather than a scant one or two. As it is, it comes off as, "tacked on", as there is little logical sense in some of his attacks crippling, but not others.
Also, as DM said in his own comment, the Neutral Special is hard to justify. While it is an ingenius idea to use this enough to have Jason's mask come off just as the foe thinks he landed a killing blow, surely there was another way to implement this, without having it take up a Special (one that has no apparant effect when used).

The final Smash made me laugh. It's like Jason's in a contest to have a worse Final Smash than Doppelori does (¬_¬ And Jason wins in that department)

edit: There doesn't seem to be a move where Jason swings the foe around in a sleeping bag. (sadface)
extra edit: if the codec is talking about movies, Mei Ling would be the better choice
third edit: the likelyhood of Jason getting KO'd without letting go of the smashball, is almost 0. Jason would literally have to kill himself, in order to activate the Final Smash

Smady Comment edit:
Smady trying to divide 80 by 5... XD
MULTI WAVE SWORD PLANT!! (I assume Jason actually stabs the ground in front of him, which would allow him to use this at the edge of the stage to spike recovering foes)
Jason + Nurse Joy? What a creepy/useless combination
"whaaaaaaat!? wh--whaaaaaat?! You can see them having sex in the background of the stage?"
(INSERT FOE'S NAME)
Smady trying to do Snake's voice and then just reading out Otacon's lines in his normal voice... XD
"they're all pretty much 100/1"
¬_¬ other than Arche, Joy, Team Rocket, HIoPB!WdIdtDT? and tSFPMtREaOhOT, (5/21 movesets, two of which are jokingingly massive exaggerations on the theme) I don't see any of my sets requiring excessive setup.

JASON

Oh, God.... Jason.... I agree with Snake. I hate most horror movies, so I had a huge character bias for this moveset. But, I sucked it up and read it. And you know what? I think this may deserve a vote.

For a mindless killing machine, Jason actually has some mindgame potential. He WANTS his foes to use his machete. He WANTS his foe to KO him. He WANTS to make his foe come after him. And Jason is perfectly in character here. But other than that, he is BROKEN AS HELL. He's basically unkillable, for Christ's sake! Even Luffy would have a hard time against this guy!
Or maybe not.
But, this is still one of your best sets, Katapultar. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: I really like the standard attack. It reminds me a lot of most of the manga I read. :p

JASON VORHEES

Single video audio comment. No reading along, just a review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLNl4M4UaJU

"A good way to PEE him off? Yeah, Pennywise is peeing on... urgh."
So you started making a joke, than thought up the mental image and regretted it?

"I - I know this is meant to be not realistic, but... geeez."​

Can I just mention how much I'm loving these audio reviews? They're just full of these little gems, and make everybody seem so much more human. And coincidentally, Warlord, I love how, with your last line, you managed to mention me, make a bad pun, and jab at my lack of activity/movesetting. Good stuff. (y)

See, I'm gonna be the odd one out and say that I really like Jason. Or, well, maybe that's not entirely true - my feelings are mixed. On the one hand, that's probably one of the best organizations I've ever seen. Junahu hit the nail on the head: it's that very retro, claustrophobic, B-movie mishmash that works so well for the character. A fusion of character and concept, clearly.

But that's putting aside the moveset itself, which is obviously the most important aspect. I don't think you captured the way in which absolutely nothing can stop Jason. You have that DSpec in which he's mysteriously struck by a mysterious thunderbolt, and you have all the machete attacks that are going to be skewering him, but in general, he seems far too easy to KO.

I love that Jason brings the fight up close by literally giving the opponent the key to killing him, and bullying them into using it. Once he starts marching toward you, you're going to have a tough time avoiding him, since he can drag you down if you try to go over him and charging straight into him is a fool's move - that works as it should, I'll concede.

See, that's a playstyle. Every attack does not fit into it, but it's a playstyle, and it's interesting, and even if it isn't fully developed, it warrants respect. Playing Jason is that sense of power and invincibility, if you know what I mean.

As a final note, I kinda like that ridiculous stage. Friday the 13th - the series - is all about exploitation and excess. Blood and guts and sex and so forth. There's a kind of camp to both the stage and the way you present it, a very Brechtian aspect smart presentation and no I am not pretentious at all. (wary)

I feel bad for commenting in such a haphahazard way, but I will catch up with all the rest shortly.

Now, Jason. I already made a [probably too long] video review on YouTube about this moveset that’s over an hour long, so I’ll keep it short.

JASON! JAAASOOON! [/referencenoonewillget]

Jason is a flat out horrible moveset – it’s on-par with many other newcomer movesets in being terribly underpowered. There’s the awful straight-line arc for the machete that makes it utterly predictable, the horrendous final smash that kills him, the utterly useless grabbing game – due to the slow movement of Jason, which is dire and there’re just zero redeeming qualities. All-in-all, this set demonstrates exactly how to underpower a character in the absence of clear-cut logic, as anyone who plays against Jason could potentially be running circles around him within moments.

In terms of what’s tangible, manipulating the stage like in the u-tilt is ridiculous for this character and totally out-of-place. The reincarnation rip-off is also nastily bad, due to being shoehorned in, like the neutral special. All of Jason’s aerials are suicides, while the down aerial is Ganon’s; oh dear. Due to the increbile uselessness of the machete when thrown, Jason could easily lose the barely-working side of this moveset – don’t get me wrong and think that’s good, as the other side is downright broken, so much of the playstyle is worthless.

On that note, the organisation, writing and extras are hilariously bad as well. He has a taunt that somehow breaks the game, a non-PC stage, a codec that breaks the fourth wall and beyond those rather unimportant things, the match-ups are all rubbish.

It’s almost to the point of I wanting to label this as an art project, in making a bad moveset – it’s a lot like Pennywise in that way, but I’m not sure if you have a high enough grade of humour to contemplate it. The bad organisation, playstyle and writing is reminiscent of a ‘90s moveset indeed, but that’s not good. KRool and Junahu are genuinely polishing a turd with this set’s commentary and that’s partly why I’m being a bit aggressive with this comment, as lets not even joke about the quality of Jason, it’s well under-par, even for you, Kat.

However, it isn’t your worst and I’m glad you made it. I had a lot of fun commentating on it in the video I made and reading it the first time, particularly that hilari-awkward up tilt, so don’t lose hope just yet. You’re a fan of Pennywise and this is, in many ways, a spiritual successor to that set – so it’s certainly worth a mention in the future MYMing crematorium of sets.

JASON VORHEES

Text comment for the hearing impaired. . .Jason has some sweet concepts. Giving your foe a weapon that transfers some of your moves to them that you're built to counter is ingenious. The problem is that there's just not enough motive for the foe to use the weapon, as the attacks are in general all terrible laggy moves and Jason's only thing he has to encourage them to use his weapon is his jab. In addition, Jason doesn't seem built that specifically to counter his weapon based attacks with his only attack that seems it contributes to that theme that much being ftilt while you waste the rest of the inputs on things like random irrelevant OOC stage manipulation in utilt and uair.

Granted, I failed to mention how Jason can still be killed when using Up Special and not Reincarnate, and combined with Neutral Special (Good move but should've been a mechanic) it makes a very cool theme of taking damage and flows into making the foe attack with the weapon based attacks he's (suppossed to be) built to counter. . .But Jason won't be sticking around long at all, seeing he can be killed at 0% due to having no form of recovery beyond a tether in uair. The aerials in general feel like a waste with how bad they are, much less when he has Ganon's dair to obsolete the other four aerials. In general Jason feels too insanely slow all around. Great Concept, Terrible Execution.

. . .Were you trying to make the Final Smash bad? If the source material of the Final Smash is -so- insanely bad that you can rant about it for most of the description, why did you use it? And it bloody kills him? Because he wasn't underpowered enough (Even you seem to know he's underpowered when you give him 3 MUs where he gets obliterated). . .I recall you saying you hated this character in general, so why'd you make the moveset for him?

Jason

I really don't have much to add that hasn't been already mentioned (quite often in fact). I'm admittedly not a fan of the set so I'll just point out some of the parts that particularly stood out as weird.

The up tilt as previously mentioned is awkward. I know (or at least believe) it's from Freddy vs. Jason where Jason crushes someone who's on a bed by folding it in half...but it comes across as an awkward move that gives me the hilarious mental image of Jason dancing whilst clapping. The shockwave bit seems a bit tacked on as well as if you thought, "Oh crap, people on higher platforms would absolutely destroy Jason." I had the same thought process with Negative Man admittedly, hence his side tilt. As Warlord said, you want Jason to force the foe to use his machete against him...but you never really say how it counters (or at least I missed it) and it seems to imply that the move just beats out the other move if Jason uses it.

As the others said, the Neutral Special could've been a mechanic as well as the opponent's getting "crippled." I would've loved to see Jason have to do some damage to them, the more he did the slower they'd get (maybe they'd limp) and the laggier their attacks would get or something. Instead it seems a tad tacked on in a few moves (ftilt for instance).

Still, you're working with a horror villain who doesn't do much more than slash and kill so I won't really go on about basic moves; you did what you could. I will admit that I got the joke in the Final Smash immediately and had a good laugh at it and you certainly went all out with the extras. I do have to echo Warlord's question though (and only because I really do enjoy Friday the 13th)...why would you make the set if you don't like the movies?

Jason

Unfortunately, I don't have much to add here, and I can't like Jason any more than the previous commenters. The silver lining is that the concept behind it is very interesting - countering your own moveset - but it's not pulled off very well at all. As MW pointed out, it's difficult not to counter Jason's moves what with how laggy they are, and it seems very fillerish to have moves like forward smash and forward aerial that only serve as options for Jason to counter with his own moves.

You seem to have a running problem with your sets, which is amplified in Jason - great ideas and poor execution. Jason's ideas aren't as good as Hunter J's and is executed even worse, making it a big step down from her, and I didn't like J much in the first place. I'm sorry, Kat, I can't add much; just know that this was a nearly impossible concept to work with.​

MYM Survivor 3 Day 1 said:
Hades grabs Jason and levitates over to the edge of the area, next to the gigantic chasm of souls from the Hercules movie. Without a second thought, Hades tosses Jason in casually and turns around, not even bothering to watch. Potato Head, Bear Hugger, and even Cranky are a bit disgusted at this, with Scarmiglione having a look of regret in his eyes as he looks at Jason specifically. Jason’s flesh starts dematerializing as he sinks deeper and deeper into the chasm of souls, but before they can even finish watching Hades claps his hands and rubs them together. “Well then. . .Now that the first obligatory death is behind us and the guy nobody gave a damn about it is dead, the real game begins. . .”. Hades chuckles as he opens up a portal to suck up the remaining seven members of the group. . .

Junahu

Smash Ace
remember comments? Well they're back, in pog form!

Urgot:
Urgot is absolutely, wonderously concise in its description of moves, a nice byproduct of its rushed schedule. There was only one move (D-smash) which I couldn't visualise from a glance.
And to their credit, his Specials are really sleek, easy to pick up, yet game-defining. Trying to avoid Snake's Final Smash was one of the cooler game mechanics Brawl introduced, so I'd jump at the opportunity to play as a character who can fire grenades in the same awesome manner.

I'd criticise the regular moves, but really, it's a 3-hour moveset. I've gotten in trouble before for criticising a three hour set. It was rather embarrassing :awesome:

VAN Pookin:
VAN Pookin was rather fun. The whole thing is solid and well built, with plenty of natural attacks that play off not only his theming, but from his shape and internal anatomy too. It's a strange, strange world when a robot randomly spewing CANDY CORN from its mouth sounds IN-CHARACTER. I'm crazy impressed.
For a while, I felt Up and Down Special were just spreading out the function of one Special over two. But of course, the tactility of opening the shells with Up-Special and closing them with Down-Special is perfect. This is a rare example of inputs being designed for the player's sake, rather than simply for the moveset's sake.
The Neutral Special however, is much like Zant's Down Special, it's mostly just there to introduce a concept for the rest of the set to use. When the regular attacks come along, boasting their versatile use of slime, the Neutral Special shrinks into obscurity.

Firebar:
Immediately, as awesomely silly as Firebar sounds, the very concept of immobility renders it muchly a joke, especially if a Firebar only Free For All takes place. Of course, you admit as much anyway, so whatever, I'm just rambling.
However, as a "what-if", Firebar is hilariously well thought out. You have a real talent and imagination for inanimate (or mostly inanimate) characters, the comedic timing on some of the attacks honestly made me chuckle.
A lot of the attacks felt like extended specials however, and some attacks didn't feel at all connected with their input. Though, again, that's not really the point, so I shouldn't complain.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Eligible Voters List

Leaders

MarthTrinity
Junahu
BKupa666
MasterWarlord

Members

Hyper_Ridley
Kholdstare
n88_2004
half_silver28
TWILTHERO
darth_meanie
flyinfilipino
getocoolaid

Now...onto the voting itself. Once you've posted your three advertisements and are on the eligible voters list, you can send your vote lists to either me (the Vote Guru of this contest) or to any of the other current leaders. Your votes will then be added up and you will be crossed out on the eligible voters list.

Each voter gets the following number of votes, same as last time.

-6 Supervotes. These are for sets that you personally feel are the best of the best this contest, the ones that stand above all the rest.

-15 Normal votes. These are for sets that you really enjoy but don't find them quite supervote worthy.

-15 weak votes. These are for sets that have their problems but you still enjoy them anyway. They may have just missed out on Normal vote territory but are movesets you still want to vote for.

*Please note that you do not need to use all these votes. If you only find say...four sets supervote worthy, you certainly don't need to force yourself to cast them all. Also keep in mind that these are your votes, not anyone else's. While you should certainly take advertisements in for consideration in case of any hidden gems you may have passed up, do not vote for a set just because it's popular; vote for sets that you like.

[Important Note] Voting is a privledge, a responsibility of sorts. If you know that you have personally not read many or ANY of the sets of this contest, seriously consider if you should vote or not. Also, please try and cast your votes without bias. If you like a certain MYMer or a certain character a moveset is for, that's great...but don't vote it just because you like who it was by or who it was for.

*As a disclaimer, the leaders of this contest hold the rights not to count vote lists that seem blatantly bias (AKA: Only voting for movesets made by one person) via majority rule. While this has never happened before, this disclaimer is still here as an attempt to prevent voter bias.

SO...

Advertising week will continue on through this week so take your time; you have plenty! Keep getting your ads/vote lists in. Make sure you vote for Silver's MYM Awards as well! Have a good day and here's to the winding down of another excellent contest!~<3

-MT

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
WALLACHIA

No, this isn't an advertisement, this is a comment. Go home. If you must consider it an advertisement, consider it a negative one.

Wallachia introduces some intruiging concepts right off the bat with turning into the foe and stealing their moves for later use, as well as creating set combos for duplicate versions of the victim character to use against the genunine article. All well and good, all well and good. . .Now then, you have the rest of the entire set leftover and you've only used about 2 Specials. It's not the matter that Wallachia's moves are boring on their own, no, the problem is the set's concept was flawed from the start, as it's near impossible to create any form of flow around some moves stolen from the foe unless it revolves around it - like Videoman.EXE. It's near impossible to make it not feel like random creativity and link it in with the rest of the set unless it's the centerpiece. I feel a better approach with this character would've been ignoring his ability to use foe's nightmares against them (At least, make the nightmares set instead of having so many possibilities to have to mould a playstyle around) and making an interesting set without them - this character isn't a simple one, he's got plenty of potential, unlike something like Saber, and simple mundane inputs simply can't really tie in with the countless possibilities of move copying.

Moving on to our next topic. . .

Agi's article, which I'm sure you're all famaliar with. Seeing Smady will keep editing my comments away like the spoiled British child he is, I'm going to post what happened with the comments section here so people actually notice it. . .

"Comments go fine until Smady’s last comment, all unedited. Smady bawwwwwwwwwws about people hating the proposal in MYM 7, which is common knoweledge at this point, calling it untruthful and what-not. A simple 1 paragraph post. I edit it into BAWWWWWW, Smady edits the rests of the 15 paragraphs worth of posts into BAWWWWWW because he threw a temper tantrum. I had my comment saved to my computer and edited it back in, he deleted it, I reposted it."

Yeah. He's busy trying to frame me for the whole thing to dissuade attention from the fact he's still in denial over what happened in MYM 7 when Agi made a couple very, very brief passing mentions of the event which are commonly considered as fact. You mention MYM 7, Smady goes berserk.

Smady

Smash Master
To be honest, I have been editing Warlord's comments on the stadium to enhance his public image as a man who takes responsibility for his own actions... Master Warlord 2012!

But really, this only re-affirms that I should post my video concerning the proposals and my thoughts on them, which will be up sometime tomorrow. And yes, I still own one advertisement... also expect that up tomorrow.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
WALLACHIA

No, this isn't an advertisement, this is a comment. Go home. If you must consider it an advertisement, consider it a negative one.

Wallachia introduces some intruiging concepts right off the bat with turning into the foe and stealing their moves for later use, as well as creating set combos for duplicate versions of the victim character to use against the genunine article. All well and good, all well and good. . .Now then, you have the rest of the entire set leftover and you've only used about 2 Specials. It's not the matter that Wallachia's moves are boring on their own, no, the problem is the set's concept was flawed from the start, as it's near impossible to create any form of flow around some moves stolen from the foe unless it revolves around it - like Videoman.EXE. It's near impossible to make it not feel like random creativity and link it in with the rest of the set unless it's the centerpiece. I feel a better approach with this character would've been ignoring his ability to use foe's nightmares against them (At least, make the nightmares set instead of having so many possibilities to have to mould a playstyle around) and making an interesting set without them - this character isn't a simple one, he's got plenty of potential, unlike something like Saber, and simple mundane inputs simply can't really tie in with the countless possibilities of move copying.
I do acknowledge the difficulty of building a set around moves that you don't actually have, but I would like to say that I think that Wallachia actually succeeds at using it properly.

Take into account moves like his Neutral Special and Back Throw, which can force opponents into their own moves, or his ability to teleport or otherwise force foes around with moves like his Up Smash as well. Don't forget that even outside of this he still has an interesting air game with his nair, fair, and various launching moves, not to mention that he has all sorts of approaching options to make two-pronged attacks with his nightmares.

I did actually consider giving him set abilities for creating nightmares, but I decided that I wanted a more freeform aspect to it, and also that giving him the nightmares from his source material would diminish the effect for people not familiar with the series (which, with the exception of Thrice, is everybody).

Still though, I do recognize some of the complaints, but I think that I gave him as good of a base moveset as I could while keeping in line with the underlying concepts.

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
Coming to terms with having two people in my mind
Second advertisement is GO!

DIO BRANDO

Since MT's Dio Brando advertisement really wasn't valid in my opinion, (no matter how epicly awesome it was), I think that I'm justified in advertising one of the most meme-tastic characters in the contest.

Like I said in my comment, Dio is my favorite of Katapultar's sets. Turning opponents into vampires is a original idea that's balanced really well, since it can both help or hinder either Dio and the vampirified foe. The zombies Dio bring up have interactions with nearly every other move in the set; Some of them unique and interesting, and some of them forced and unnecessary. Another complaint is that I think Dio may be seriously underusing ZA WARUDO, as that's his most iconic ability. I think you could've allowed him to summon ZA WARUDO, and use it to extend the reach of Dio's melee attacks. But it's just a thought.

And even with those downsides, Dio Brando is still a really good set. You can tell Kat had a lot of fun making this guy, and that's probably the whole point of MYM. And one more thing: EXPLODING. VAMPIRE. ZOMBIES. That is all.

Smady

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTe4DYpIvA4 <--- CLICK THIS SON

DIONYSUS

Bask in the glory of the God of wine! Take a break from watching that wonderful video advertisement of mine – the first of its kind, dedicated to the finely-fermented taste of Dionysus – and open your wallets of love to prepare for insemination on my part of your votes. What is done in no moveset that is really deliriously unique is that there is a concentration on a single prop – you summon a vineyard, having to, much of the time, concentrate on it as a base for moves: due to angling dependant on it, or because you or it are made vulnerable as a result of what you're trying to do. The reliance on the vineyard of many secrets and that one thing that makes life tolerable, alcohol, is so in-character for Dionysus and the character so obscure, one can only look to Kupa's history and not be surprised by this. This is the person who brought you Greek God Hades, Zinger and Stanley; this is their spiritual successor.

Sure, the Andy's Toys moveset are among the best of Kupa's MYM8... but this, the overlooked first set of this great MYMer, is well worth your vote. LETS GET DRUNK MYM WOMEN! (H)

Agi

Smash Lord
Advertising period? Already? Oh wait, I set back my clock three months... about time it got here. :glare: Anyhow, same idea no matter how long it took to come... let's see here.

MAGMORTAR

Oh hey, looks like there's another ad for this guy on the last page. Ah well, it's just that good. This was perhaps the single moveset this contest that wowed me again and again with every move. The concept is simple enough... Neutral Special is a long-range, arcing projectile, Side Special forces people to jump into the air into the projectile's path if they want to approach, putting them right into Maggie's (yes, that's what I'm calling him) turf. A smokescreen obscures anything without a strong light signature, an Up Special which disguises Maggie as one of his own projectiles, a control-reversing attack that actually (GASP!) has relevance since the foe has no idea... this moveset puts together tons of ideas that, while they have been used before, fit here like no other. The single issue I had by the time I finished the set was one of balance... technically, he could just sit in his own lava and shield when attacked, making him invincible, but I suppose that's just part of his charm. Regardless of any faults it may have, this was solidified as a Super Vote for me as soon as I finished reading it.

STRIKE MAN

Mega Man 10 has walls. Brawl does not. Rebound Striker needs walls to be effective. Strike Man would appear to be screwed, and royally so. However, by a simple change in the weapon's scope, Strike Man's weapon gained the potential of a tennis match far more intense than any fight with Ganon. At his simplest, Strike Man is a pitching machine which does little other than throw things. The sheer number of pitches he has at his disposal, coupled with the speed and damage increase caused by rallying the ball back and forth with the opponent, creates an incredibly threatening character to play as, one which is equally rewarding. Furthermore, this is one of the few sets in which attacks with similar appearance actually pose a threat, as the same Rebound Striker can be thrown at the foe with any number of tricky pitches, including one that hits through dodges. Add an intuitive grab game which treats foes like the balls he throws normally, and you have a clever set which deserves to be on any votelist. At the very least, it deserves to place 25th. ;)

DARK BOWSER

......... Do I really need to say anything by now? Here is what the winner of MYM8 will probably be.

...naaaaah, just kidding. Although, really, if you don't know why this set is good then you probably haven't been paying much attention. Dark Bowser was hailed as the frontrunner as soon as it was posted, a glorious mixture of flow, creativity, and unsmashness with a love for the character that just shines through. Dark Bowser traps foes in his cage, tortures them, expels poisonous gas, rocks the cage back and forth, can entre it and begin a hellish version of Squirtle's Side Special, cause a Thwomp to spawn on top, crash down, and shake the cage back and forth... basically anything that seems like it should make sense, he can do. Oh, and did I mention that it has multiple boss movesets which only add to the chaos? This set truly has something for everyone, and if it doesn't place at LEAST in the Top 5, I'll be more than somewhat confused.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
DARK DEDEDE

Dark Dedede is a secret character within Smash Brothers Brawl, who can only be unlocked by proving you are worthy of playing as him on a regular basis. In order to play him, you must have at least 200 hours of play time clocked in Brawl, and Dedede must be the leading character in at least 75% of your character boards. After this is done, you must go into a wi-fi with friends match and beat three other players in a 3v1 as King Dedede. It’s said that it also helps if you use the tag “MW”, though it’s rumored “SLOTH” and “GLUTY” work too.

As far as characterization, Dark Dedede is simply Dedede after having absorbed the power of the Star Rod through inhaling it. Fairly simple, yes? Dedede doesn’t need to put on a mask to hide his fear of Kirby, he’s ready to face him head on. That OTHER mediocre antagonist, Meta Knight? He doesn’t stand a goddamn chance. Once you’ve unlocked Dark Dedede, he doesn’t show up on the character select screen. To play him, pit all 3 other players on a team against Dedede and Dedede will automatically transform into Dark Dedede.

STATS

Size: ★★★★★★★★★★
Weight: ★★★★★★★★★★
Range: ★★★★★★★★★★
Priority: ★★★★★★★★★★
Recovery: ★★★★★★★★★★
Falling Speed: ★★★★★★★★★★
Power: ★★★★★★★★★★
Aerial Movement: ★★★★★★★★★★
Traction: ★★★★★★★★★★
Attack Speed: ★★★★★★★★★★
Movement: ★★★★★★★★★★
Jumps: ★★★★★★★★★★

Aside from these stellar stats, Dark Dedede is immune to grabs (He’s the KING of grabs, of course he has immunity) and if he is hit while in hitstun he becomes immune to hitstun entirely for 3 seconds. In addition to Dark Dedede’s already superb durability, he takes 5% less from all attacks, which is nice on its’ own but also makes him immune to multi hit attacks.

SPECIALS

NEUTRAL SPECIAL – INHALE

This has the same hitbox as Dedede’s regular nair, but once Dedede’s absorbed somebody he can move and attack normally, with the foe in his belly having to escape with 5x the regular grab difficulty and taking 4% per second they’re inside Dedede’s belly. While foes are inside Dedede’s belly this increases his hurtbox slightly, but also doubles his already godlike weight. If a foe hits Dedede’s belly with an attack that does 20% or more, the foe will get knocked out early, but with Dedede’s insane damage reduction what are the odds of that? Dark Dedede can now also inhale ANY form of projectile as well as any traps/minions.

SIDE SPECIAL – WADDLE DOO TOSS

Waddle Dees? Psssh. Those things are SO yesterday. For his Side Special, Dedede throws Waddle Doos only, with Gordos appearing as often as Waddle Doos used to in the past. The beams of Waddle Doos can do up to 20%, and are very reliable set-ups for your fsmash. Gordos need little introduction. . .In addition, the previous chance for Gordos appearing in the past is now replaced with summoning Mr. Frosty, who lasts until killed, has 80 stamina, and has the Ice Climber’s Neutral Special, Down Special, and Dedede’s dashing attack. Mr. Frosty is immune to hitstun/knockback and turns around at edges. There is no limit to how many minions Dark Dedede can have on the stage, so feel free to flood it with Waddle Doos and a Mr. Frosty or two.

UP SPECIAL – ULTRA DEDEDE JUMP

Dark Dedede performs his regular Up Special, except he can’t cancel the move. Instead, Dark Dedede can control his aerial momentum and grab ledges while the hitbox on the move is still out, and if he hits a foe while grounded (Even with the stars) he’ll pitfall the foe.

DOWN SPECIAL – JET HAMMER

Dark Dedede’s hammer opens up to reveal a cannon inside it, and three rockets are sent out, one at each of the three players – if only one or two players remain, multiple rockets will go after one player. This move has .3 seconds of lag and the 3 rockets chase after foes at Ganon’s dashing speed and are the size of Snake, dealing 30% and knockback that kills at 70% on contact. These rockets –CAN- hurt you, but if you ever get threatened by them you can just inhale them.

STANDARDS

NEUTRAL ATTACK – INFINITE HAMMER SPIN

Dark Dedede moves on to the final phase of his jab instantly, spinning the hammer around in place. However, Dark Dedede can angle the move to defend himself from any position and the hammer can’t be out-prioritized, meaning if Dark Dedede is competent he can render himself impervious to attack with this move. In order to knock him out of it, you’ll have to flank him from multiple sides with an ally.

DASHING ATTACK – SLIDE

Dark Dedede does his usual pratfall, but slides forwards a full Battlefield Platform, a hitbox the whole while. If you hold A before you start the attack, you can charge it as Dark Dedede runs along for up to .3 seconds, after which Dark Dedede will slide forward two thirds of the length of Final Destination upon release. Dark Dedede slides forwards at Captain Falcon’s dashing speed.

FORWARD TILT – POKE

Dark Dedede extends out his hammer for as long as you hold A with the hammer doing constant hits of 1% and flinching every second. It extends outwards at Captain Falcon’s dashing speed, and upon release it retracts back towards Dedede at double the speed. The hammer drags anybody it hits and is hard to DI out of, meaning you can use this as GTFO to space foes far away or use the retraction part of the move to reel foes in. Foes can DI out of this before you can push them off a blast zone, but if they’re already off-stage this can be a horrific gimp.

UP TILT – HEADBUTT

This move hardly needs any changes what with how retardedly broken it is already, being on par with Snake’s broken utilt. None the less, Dark Dedede jumps up a Ganondorf height for this move and still manages to come back down to earth in the same time frame as the regular utilt, and when he comes down his body is a hitbox that deals 15% and pitfalls foes. Hot damn.

DOWN TILT – WADDLE DEE TOSS

Without having to lift so much as a finger from his crouching position, three Waddle Dees appear under Dedede and left him up, then carry him to wherever you see fit. They can carry their overweight king as fast as Sonic’s dashing speed and can jump up as high as Falco. When you’re done using your servants for mobility, input A and forward/backward/up to have the Waddle Dees fling you in the selected direction 3 Battlefield Platforms, making your body a hitbox that deals 18% and knockback that kills at 85%. Input down and A while being carried to cancel the stance and cause the Waddle Dees to no longer be able to support Dedede’s weight, causing him to smush them as cries of pain are heard from Dedede’s minions.

SMASHES

FORWARD SMASH – HAMMER TIME

Surprisingly, this move isn’t sped up at all, but with all the Waddle Doos stunning foes for you it shouldn’t be hard to find a time to hit with the main hammer, which has been buffed to be literally an insta KO as foes get smushed into pancakes. That old hitbox where you just barely glaze foes with the hammer and do 4% or so? That now does the damage and knockback of the original fsmash. In addition, Dark Dedede’s fsmash generates a gigantic shockwave the width of Bowser and the height of Ganon that travels at Mario’s dashing speed, dealing 20% and knockback that kills at 90% on contact.

UP SMASH – HAMMER FLAMETHROWER

Dark Dedede’s hammer opens up again to reveal the cannon as he aims it upwards, then a massive amount of flame bursts out of it in a gigantic cone twice as wide as Bowser that reaches the top blast zone. Dark Dedede can hold this for forever until instructed to leave the pose, which he can do very quickly. If you’re caught in the flame, you’ll take rapid hits until you’re inevitably propelled off the top blast zone. Only an ally to the foe caught can get them out, but Dark Dedede will just cancel the move before he gets punished – Dark Dedede shall do all the punishing, thank you.

DOWN SMASH – TORNADO HAMMER

Dark Dedede performs his regular dsmash, but you can input another dsmash during the endlag of the first dsmash. If you spam this 3 times in succession, Dark Dedede will spin around rapidly and create a tornado effect around himself twice the size of Mach Tornado. The tornado does the same rapid hits as Mach Tornado, but sucks foes inwards to be hit by the regular dsmash. In order to counter this, foes must approach from the top of the tornado and hit Dark Dedede from above, but Dark Dedede can move about at Ganon’s dashing speed during this attack. The best counter is to just interrupt Dark Dedede before he gets the tornado up.

AERIALS

NEUTRAL AERIAL – HAMMER SPIN

Who’ll miss Dedede’s regular nair? For this move, Dark Dedede does a move from his boss fight in Kirby’s Epic Yarn and curls into a ball as he spins around rapidly, hammer extended out as a constant hitbox that does 12% and knockback that kills at 110%. There’s little lag to enter the stance, though the hammer spins around a bit slowly at the start, easy to avoid. The longer he stays in the stance, the faster it spins, though. Don’t worry about landing on the ground, as this will cause Dark Dedede to bounce up triple Ganondorf’s height back into the air.

FORWARD AERIAL – HAMMER SWEEP

Dark Dedede swings his hammer in the normal arc of his normal fair. What’s sad is on regular Dedede this would be considered a good move if not so insanely overshadowed by his stupidly broken bair. Here, this move can reflect projectiles at triple speed and power – think of Dedede’s hammer as a bat and the foe’s projectile as a ball. Try batting Waddle Doo beams at foes, or, hell, even Waddle Doos themselves, they deal 20% and knockback that kills at 90% when hit like this. The old bad landing lag of this attack? Pssh, if you trigger that, Dark Dedede will just sweep his hammer through the ground and fling forward dirt from the earth that deals 20 hits of 1% and flinching.

BACK AERIAL – TOE OF DEATH

Dark Dedede ever so casually extends out his foot behind him like his regular bair. The lag on the move is decreased to the point of being on par with Wario Man’s aerials, meaning you can use the move to recover. In addition, if you trigger the landing lag of this attack, Dark Dedede will land on his toe of death and somehow balance on it, entering a mystic ninja stance as he extends his arms out to either side. This will cause time to slow down as if under a timer effect, then the sound effects and “!”s from Samurai Kirby will appear. Eventually after a brief pause the “!” will appear again, and any foes who don’t press a button before Dark Dedede will be hit as Dark Dedede swoops to their location instantly and delivers a massive kick to their face with his toe of death, dealing 30% and knockback that kills at 50%. If all of Dark Dedede’s foes hit A before him, Dark Dedede stumbles over backwards and trips, but it’s doubtful you suck enough to lose to –all three- of your foes. Besides, you’re probably Warlord playing Dedede in lag, so it’ll be literally IMPOSSIBLE for them to beat you to the button press.

UP AERIAL – HAMMER ROTATION

Dark Dedede performs his regular uair, but he can now rotate in any direction whatsoever in the air while doing so (So he doesn’t need that stupid mirrored input in dair), the duration is three times as long (Dark Dedede can exit the stance at will though), the hammer has a gigantic suction effect to it, Dark Dedede’s falling speed is non-existent during the move, and if you hold out the move long enough to get the final hit, it’s 4x as powerful as the regular version. Capture a foe above you, carry them with the suction effect as you bring the hammer below you and use your aerial DI to get off-stage, then spike them with the final hit.

DOWN AERIAL – EXHALE

Dark Dedede turns to face the screen and exhales downwards, causing a suction effect twice as powerful as inhale to push foes downwards as Dark Dedede is pushed upwards as fast as Ganon’s dashing attack. Dark Dedede can use this as many times as he wants without touching the stage and can exit the stance laglessly. Furthermore, anything he’s inhaled, projectiles, traps, or even his own Waddle Doos, will be sent downwards in this hellish stream of godlike gimping potential.

GRAB-GAME

GRAB – HANDS OF EVIL

Dark Dedede turns to face the screen, drops his hammer, and extends out both of his hands to form two grab hitboxes, enabling him to grab two foes at once – the third foe can stay content inside his belly. Dedede has as much range as his regular grab on both sides, so have fun with this one.

PUMMEL – CLUNK

If Dark Dedede only has one foes grabbed and there are more in the match still, inputting pummel has Dark Dedede perform his regular Brawl grab to try to get at the remaining foe without letting go of the one he has. With two foes, he simply smacks the foes together, dealing 5% to them both at the same time.

FORWARD THROW – STOMP

Dark Dedede throws both foes forwards 2 Battlefield Platforms before they hit the ground and fall into their prone stats, having taken 10%. The heavier of the two foes will always be thrown second, causing him to land on the first foe and deal extra damage based off how much heavier he is – Bowser will deal 40% to Jigglypuff. As soon as Dark Dedede throws the foes, he leaps over to go stomp down on them. Dark Dedede’s stomp goes through the invicibility frames of rolling and has superarmor to ignore get-up attacks. If he lands on a foe, he’ll pin them down in a grab-hitbox, constantly dealing 3% per second to them in an unescapable grab so long as he doesn’t move from the spot, which he’s perfectly content with. It’s very easy to land down on one foe, if there are two foes they’ll want to split up so they don’t both get stomped, but it all happens so quickly it can be difficult.

BACK THROW – HAMMER SLAM

Dark Dedede performs his regular bthrow, dealing 26% to the thrown victim, because 16% just wasn’t enough. The foe becomes a projectile as they fly through the air that does the same damage and knockback to other foes they hit. This only throws one victim, but is very fast so you can perform it on both foes pretty easily.

UP THROW – SMACK-DOWN

Dark Dedede throws the two foes upward for 10% each and knockback that kills at 120%. The second foe thrown will hit the first foe and deal an extra 10% to them and cause the kill percentage to be lowered to 60%. In addition, the second foe thrown will be knocked downwards back to Dark Dedede for a guaranteed re-grab.

DOWN THROW – PENGUIN PLOP

Dark Dedede casually sits down on the two foes he has grabbed with the same animation as his regular dthrow, dealing 8% to both foes. One foe will go to the right, the other to the left, and they both take small enough knockback that they can both be regrabbed without Dedede moving at all, enabling him to chaingrab any two characters at once. The third foe can be troublesome, but they should either be inside your belly or dead.

FINAL SMASH

Dark Dedede performs the big gay dance, except Waddle Dees are replaced with Mr. Frosties and the speed of the minions is NOT increased. However, the minions Dark Dedede summons during the final smash are permanent, including the Gordos who will continue bouncing about and turn around at edges. This Final Smash also immobilizes all characters of questionable sexual orientation in awe for the entire duration, such as Spadefox and Disco Kid.

PLAYSTYLE

MATCH-UPS

VS. SMADY, PC, AND KHOLD – 100/0

Last edited:

cutter

Smash Champion
Helios

I said I enjoy technical and complex characters, and I particularly enjoyed Helios and the ability to "micro" with the swarmbots and control the character's function. While a big turnoff to complicated characters is the learning curve that comes with them, Helios is rather friendly to newer players because the foundation of his fundamentals don't rely on extensive knowledge about them, but players that put time and effort into Helios will still reap the rewards.

Cacturne

Cacturne seemed like such an unintuitive character when I first read him. That being said, Cacturne seemed to jump out at me as one of those characters that has the "it" factor. It's almost as hard to explain as Cacturne's somewhat paradoxical playstyle. One of the things that probably might let this moveset down is the fact that it doesn't sound very clean on paper. He would be a character would you have to actually play in-game to "get" him. Is that a bad thing always? I don't believe so, because making characters and movesets shouldn't just be based always on theorycraft or on paper. Even though we'll never get to see these characters at all in a Smash game, we should still be able to design movesets as if they could naturally fit into the game. So what if Cacturne looked a bit ugly on paper. He is much better more than what words can describe about him. I'm hoping I'm not the only one that doesn't see this weird train of thought. Maybe it's because it's 2:12 in the morning after DST ended, but there is something about Cacturne that makes him tick. He's not up there with the frontrunners of the contest, but he's probably better than expected or assumed of him.

....aaaaand with that I crash.

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
Coming to terms with having two people in my mind
MR. POTATO HEAD

Since I'm a huge Toy Story fan, you may think that there will be some character bias involved when I say this is one of my favorite MYM8 sets. If you do, read the set now. Go ahead, I'll wait...... You done? Good. Now you'll agree with what I say. Probably.

Potato Head's basic ideas are actually pretty similar to the Buggy the Clown (One Piece) joint that me and Kat worked on; Both spread their body parts over the stage, and both focus on spacing and positioning in order to win. But Potato Head outclassed Buggy, and truly mastered the art of spacing. Having him be able to throw an extra arm somewhere on the stage, and then have that arm mimic PH whenever he uses an attack which involves his arm leads to a incredibly unique playstyle (one of the most creative in the contest).

But you can't just throw body parts all over the stage and hope for the best. You have to be smart about just where you put them. One of the shining examples of this is in PH's F-tilt, where he throws his hat foward in the vein of Oddjob (you should know what he's from). If the hat comes across a detached arm, the arm will throw the hat back at twice the speed. If Potato Head positions himself between two arms and throws, an opponent can be caught in a near-endless chain of hat-throwing.

Overall, Potato Head is by far the best of Andy's toys, and well worth the read. Plus, it's also FUN AND EDUCATIONAL (apologies to Kat).

half_silver28

Smash Ace
After a week of nominations and plenty of pain and suffering, the nominations for the awards are in! You guys have until 11:59 PM U.S. Eastern Time on Sunday Nov. 14.

Best Moveset Designer (choose 4)
MasterWarlord
Junahu
Darth_meanie
Agidius
MarthTrinity
Bkupa666
Hyper_Ridley
Smash Daddy
JOE!
n88_2004
TWILTHERO
Usershadow7989

Best New Designer
(choose 1)
Crewx
DMNDThrice
wrkngclsshr
Getocoolaid
john!

Best One-Hit Wonder (choose 1)
Skeleton by Axx o Ninn
Urgot by Chris Lionheart
Hitagi Senjougahara by half_silver28
Colonel Saunders by john!
The Sniper by 32º Centigrade
Childre by DMNDThrice

Best Pokemon Moveset (choose 4)
Haunter by n88_2004
Hugo by MasterWarlord
Weezing by Smash Daddy
Gamageroge by MasterWarlord
Magmortar by Darth_meanie
Hariyama by Darth_meanie
Torkoal by n88_2004
Octillery by JOE!
Forretress by JOE!
Empoleon by TheSundanceKid and Agidius
Mr. Mime by Flyinfilipino
Cacturne by Usershadow7989

Best Capcom Series Set (choose 2)
Miles Edgeworth by TWILTHERO
Napalm Man by Agidius
Q by MarthTrinity
Burst Man by Koppakirby
Arthur by Marthtrinity
Concrete Man by Kholdstare
Megaman 10 Protoman by Junahu
Van Pookin by Plorf

Best Moveset Mechanic (choose 3)
Mr. Luggs by Bkupa666
Haunter by n88_2004
Skeleton by Axx o Ninn
Weezing by Smash Daddy
Scarmiglione by Usershadow7989
Rocket Executive Hugo by MasterWarlord
Octillery by JOE!
Omi by flyinfilipino
Hitagi Senjougahara by half_silver28
Helios by Hyper_Ridley

Best Playstyle (choose 5)
Nurse Joy by Junahu
Mr. Potato Head by Bkupa666
Octillery by JOE!
Dark Bowser by MasterWarlord
Jace Beleren by cutter
Weezing by Smash Daddy
Rocket Executive Hugo by MasterWarlord
Magmortar by Darth_meanie
Scarmiglione by Usershadow7989
Slinky by Bkupa666
Hariyama by Darth_meanie
Kamek by n88_2004
Napalm Man by Agidius
Etna by Junahu
Antonidas by MasterWarlord
Burst Man by Koppakirby

Best Joke Moveset (choose 1)
Dr. Tiki by Bkupa666
Master Skarmlord by Hyper_Ridley
Sadako by MarthTrinity
Jecht by Katapultar
would’ve liked to not to include this, but it got nominated several times <.<
Ghost by MasterWarlord
Dark Dedede by MasterWarlord

Most Improved Designer (choose 2)
Koppakirby
n88_2004
Flyinfilipino
TWILTHERO
Cutter
JOE!
Usershadow7989

Most Helpful MYMer (choose 2)
Darth_meanie
Half_silver28
Marthtrinity
Junahu
Hyper_Ridley
Smash Daddy
MasterWarlord

Funniest MYMer (choose 4)
Monkey D. AWESOME
TheSundanceKid
Tirkaro
Marthtrinity
TWILTHERO
Bkupa666
Plorf
Katapultar
Kholdstare
Junahu
MasterWarlord
Smash Daddy

Best Commenter (choose 2)
Darth_meanie
Junahu
Smash Daddy
MasterWarlord
Marthtrinity
Bkupa666
Hyper_Ridley

Best Leader (choose 2; please note that if you sent in nominations for this award, I will simply count them as your votes unless you PM me with a request to change them)
MasterWarlord
MarthTrinity
Bkupa666
Junahu
Smash Daddy
Darth_meanie
Wizzerd

MYM8 WINRAR
(choose 2)
Marthtrinity
MasterWarlord
TWILTHERO
n88_2004
Bkupa666
Flyinfilipino
Junahu
Hyper_Ridley

Special Award: Most Missed MYMer
(choose 5; the same deal as for the best leader category applies here)
SirKibble
Chief Mendez
Spadefox
Cheap_Josh
KoJ
Iron Thorn
Tanookie
Pelikinesis
Darkserenade
~Cruxis~
Commander Blitzkrieg
GreatClayMonkey
IvoryFlame
Wizzerd
GreatClayMonkey
Sonic the Baron

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Eligible Voters List

Leaders

MarthTrinity
Junahu
BKupa666
MasterWarlord
SmashDaddy

Members

Hyper_Ridley
Kholdstare
n88_2004
half_silver28
TWILTHERO
darth_meanie
flyinfilipino
getocoolaid
agidius
Monkey D. AWESOME
cutter

Anyway, today marks the conclusion of the advertising period! If you didn't get ads in on time, sorry but...you kinda missed the boat on that one. Everyone listed above (and maybe one or two I accidentally missed) is qualified to vote...and many, many of you already have! The voting period officially starts now so start sending them in!

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
YES, OH GREAT ONE, RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE…AGAIN!

Game of origin: Furafinity

After Ridley’s frozen corpse was destroyed in Metroid Fusion, a few space pirates found his remains. Understandably pissed off at their leader dying for the umpteenth time, they decided on a way to make Ridley truly immortal. Just like Adam, Ridley’s mind was uploaded to a computer. However, instead of being a simple navigation computer, he was installed into a powerful mechanical version of his body. Ridley’s mind was also stored onto a super-computer for backup purposes, with a direct link to his physical body, so if something should happen to his body, all the Space Pirates have to do is make a new one, upload him to it, and bingo, instant Ridley! Just add water.

Hyper_Ridley’s arsenal includes:
- 1 flame thrower in the back of the mouth, to allow for Hyper_Ridley to use his “natural” attack methods, and can also be switched to a “freeze thrower” for ice attacks
- 1 pair of titanium stainless steel fangs, each with their own special generator for making a potent poison
- 1 lightning dynamo where his heart would be that is his main power supply and surges electrical currents throughout his entire body, which are able to be used offensively
- 2 machine guns, one concealed in each hand
- 2 laser emitters in his eyes
-While this isn’t a weapon, he also has a voice module to allow him to speak comprehensible words. His voice is somewhat hissy and sounds like he’s whispering, though he can be heard just fine.

Oh, and he’s left-handed. Why? Because he just is!

After seeing the enormous success of this special project, the Space Pirates aimed their sights higher. After discovering a strange cat-like creature, they used it as the basis for a top-secret project. After some searching, Hyper_Ridley made an enormous discovery, that would easily supply him with the perfect specimens to test this new weapon on. The Space Pirates quickly and discretely set-up a base deep within the surface of the planet HR’s discovery was located on, and none of the pitiful inhabitants ever knew of their existence… until now.

[Shameless Advertising]What is this secret project? What has Hyper_Ridley discovered? All will be explained, in the exciting tale of Make Your Move randomness known as “Playing God”! [/Shameless Advertising]

OVERVIEW
Note: From this point onwards Hyper_Ridley will be referred to as HR.

Never before has a character had so many downfalls, and yet so many strengths! HR has got range, KO potential, and priority all on his side. And yet his ridiculous fall-speed and bad first jump mean he can barley effectively use his aerial game, and his most potent moves, including his main recovery move, require the use of his limited supply of energy. This in turn forces him to be aggressive with his punishable moves, all of which are laggy in some way, and several have strange hit boxes. Hyper_Ridley is a character that especially wants to focus on his strengths while trying to downplay his weaknesses.

STATS

Movement Speed: 6/10 (walk speed is pitifully slow, but dash speed is actually pretty good)
Traction: 3/10 (Rivaling Luigi in sliding)
Attack Speed: 2/10 (Really slow, practically every single move is laggy in some way, whether it be on the startup, end, or both)
Attack Strength: 8/10 (Lot’s of moves with either KO potential or simply highly damaging, though he rarely reaches the God-like damages of Ganondorf)
Range: 7/10 (While he has several moves that have insane range, several of his moves have specific hit boxes preventing his range from being absolute)
Priority: 9/10 (very few non-disjointed moves. Thank you high-tech weaponry!)
Weight: Basically Bowser’s weight.
Jump strength: 3/10 (the first jump is just to get him off the ground)
Second and Third Jump Strength: 6/10
Fall Speed: 9/10 (takes fast falling to a new level. This makes his aerial game and recovery trickier to use than it should be.)
Size: A little larger than Bowser. The space pirates decided that having a screen filling goliath, while it may be intimidating, is simply TOO BIG of a target to be effective in battle, so his new robotic body is toned down somewhat. His size is also affected by his standing pose, in which he is hunched over, standing only on his back legs, while his neck is bent in an S shape so he can see ahead properly. As a final note on size (only fitting that Ridley would have a huge size description), his tail does not have a hurt box and simply drags along with rag-doll physics when not in use.

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Glide: HR’s glide is slightly faster than Charizard’s due to being more streamlined.

Lightning Dynamo: Since HR’s body is only a prototype, the kinks haven’t been all worked out. One of these kinks is that his energy supply in not unlimited. Using electrical attacks in HR’s arsenal, which receive their power directly from his internal dynamo, will consume HR’s equivalent of blood.

At the start of each round HR’s glowing nodes that you see along his body and tail will be colored yellow (they appear blue in the pic). This is important. The color of the nodes represents how much bars of energy you have, following the color of the rainbow for easy remembrance:

Red = 0
Orange = 1
Yellow = 2
Green = 3
Blue = 4
Purple = 5

Each lightning attack uses up one or more bars of energy, as indicated by the attack. To regain energy, you have to damage opponents with non-lightning attacks, which fill up a small bar on the top of HR’s HUD. So that’s what I mean by bars! It takes 30% to fill up a bar, in which case HR’s nodes go up a level and any leftover damage from the attack that filled it goes towards the new bar. It’s even color coded to the level that it will bring you to (so if you’re currently at green level, the bar is blue, showing you’re working towards blue level). Convenient, yes? When HR reaches purple level, the bar disappears, at least until you need it again. To make things even simpler, all attacks take up exactly full amounts of bars, no half-bars or anything like that. Finally, HR’s level is reset to yellow each time he is KOd.

Attack names that are underlined instead of having a special color designate attacks that use energy in some way.

Tl;dr version: Lightning attacks make you go down one or more color levels of energy, every 30% you deal with non-lightning attacks make you go up one color level. GOT IT?!

Pros:
Several extremely strong moves
Lots of disjointed moves
Lots of moves that have good range, distance-wise
Best grab range in the game
Primary recovery move has excellent range
Heavy

Cons:
SLOW!
Big target
Sluggish walking speed
Terrible traction
Fall speed so high that aerial game suffers
Grab is laggy and the throws aren’t that good
Many of the strongest and most ranged moves require dynamo power to use…
…For that matter, the dynamo forces HR to be aggressive with slower moves to build up his power, making him take high risks sometimes in order to access his arsenal
Some moves have very specific hit boxes
Absurdly high fall speed + not amazing midair jumps + primary recovery move is a tether + primary recovery move requires dynamo power = good luck recovering!

MOVE SET

Standard Attacks

A: “Uppercut Backhand”: HR quickly lifts his arm. It’s so fast that it is able to damage his opponents, hence the term “backhand. It has great range due to the length of his arms, hitting a good distance in front of HR, and covering a good vertical distance as well. 6% with low knockback, and it has low priority. A nice simple but effective attack.

AA: “Lightning Fingers”: HR then points his left arm forwards and fires a stream of lighting out of its finger tips. The lighting coils around each other, forming a tightly wound beam that goes 1/3 of battlefield and is disjointed. Normally, he just fires this straight ahead for .4 seconds, and looses 1 energy bar. However, you may hold A and move the control stick to whip the lightning around like Sheik’s chain, in which case you lose1 bar of energy for every additional 1.5 seconds using this move. It doesn’t do much knockback, but simply deals 3% each time you are hit by the whipping lightning.

>A: “Toxic Bite”: HR lunges his neck forwards as he chomps hard with his jaws. Considering how long his neck is, this move has good range. If you are hit in front of his fangs, you take 9% with average knockback and this has average priority. If you hit at the fang’s position in HR’s mouth or behind (since at that point you’ll still hit his fangs), He shakes you around in his mouth for a moment as he injects venom into your body, and then tosses you away. You take the same damage and knockback, but you are poisoned for 3 seconds, and take 2% per second. This part counts as a grab. Very little startup lag, but above average end lag. Overall, a pretty interesting sweet-spot move, as you may actually want to not hit with the fangs occasionally for spacing purposes.

VA: “Scorpion Sting”: From his crouching position HR whips his tail over his head like a scorpion stinging with its tail, hence the move name. It is long enough that it goes completely to the ground a slight distance in front of HR, bending in an arc in the air over his back. Only the initial whip can damage foes, for 12% and average knockback, but for the brief time the tail holds that position (about .2 seconds), it can negate projectiles. While this is a useful move, it does have drawbacks. First, it has a very specific hitbox due to the arc and distance it whips, and because only the spear-like tip on the end has the hit box (though the entire tail can negate projectiles). Second, the move has average startup and end lag. So while this can be a good move, it is situational, as you can’t be close at all to use it effectively.

^A: “Thunder Clap: HR claps his hands above his head. While his arm-length helped him in the A attack, in this case it’s somewhat of a hindrance, as his hands clap together high in the air. It does 11% with above average knockback and has decent priority, but it can really only be used as an anti-air attack. Average startup and end lag.

Now, if you wish, you may press the A button just as the hands clap together for HR to slowly separate his hands as an electric current runs between them. This is disjointed and does 12% with above average knockback. However, it still can only hit airborne foes, and it takes a bar of energy to do this. On the bright side, when HR finishes this, there is very little end lag, so it gives you more damage time with less lag time. Good deal I might say.

Dash Attack: “Hell Froze Over”: HR sinks his claws into the ground to stop his movement. He then immediately opens his mouth and starts to spew forth a massive stream of ice from his mouth cannon that looks similar to the Ice Climber’s down special, only this one goes farther, about 1/3 of battlefield. It is disjointed and deals 4% for every second you are caught in it, and it lasts for 4 seconds (!), but it is extremely easy to DI out of, as easy as it was to DI staryu’s attack in melee. There is a 6% chance of freezing the opponent. While there is almost no startup lag, there is above average end lag as HR holds his position for a few moments as the ice stream fizzles out.

Smash Attacks

FSmash: “Thunder-storm Wing Blades”: HR leans back as his wings start to spread and electricity courses through them, creating electrical surges that stick out of the wings like a bunch of spikes. He then leans forwards as he claps his wings together in front of himself, causing the electricity to crackle as they contact each other. The spikes reach slightly farther than Ike’s sword, which is good as the wings themselves don’t do damage, so HR cannot be directly next to his foe to hit with this move (unless it’s someone huge like Bowser). This move also has great vertical range, hitting in a good area vertically, and it hits the entire area it affects at once.

Now, let’s talk speed and damage. First off, this move is STRONG! Getting hit by these disjointed lightning blades deals 20% (28% charged) and high knockback. However, on the flipside, this move is SLOW AS BALLS! It has .1 seconds less startup lag than a warlock punch as HR creates the lightning blades. Additionally, it has a fair amount of end lag. And with all lightning attacks, this takes energy away to use it, in this case, 2 bars instead of one.

However, HR does have one extra trick he can perform. At any point during the end lag, you may press A for HR to quickly turn his back to the camera and spread his wings apart, striking with the blades on each side of himself simultaneously. While this happens pretty quickly, this is much weaker than the initial strike, doing only 12% and above average knockback. And it takes a seconds bar of energy to keep the lightning blades out for this extended period of time. Regardless, this gives HR a good fake-out opportunity, as he has a big window of time to perform this attack in, and it does good damage for its speed. The ending lag after this is the same as if you had not done this extra hit.

DSmash: “Rain of Fire”: HR once again opens his jaws, and fires a massive swarm of fire balls straight ahead that travel forwards ½ of battlefield. While each one only does 2% with no knockback or hit stun, and have low priority, when I say “swarm”, I mean that HR fires anywhere from 20-30 fireballs in a tightly packed stream, depending on how long you charge! However, there is a tremendous amount of startup lag as HR prepares this massive assault, 2 full seconds, half a second longer than a warlock punch. And there is also a lot of end lag as HR has to recharge for a full second afterwards. The best damage racker in the game if you can pull this off, but nothing more.

USmash: “Darkened Skies”: HR gets down on all fours and shoots several balls of electricity out of his body into the air. They fly up about twice HR’s height upwards and then quickly form a horizontal line in the air in which they are spaced out Dedede’s width away from each other. After a few moments, they all simultaneously turn into a bolt of lightning and strike downwards to the ground/pit, and anything in their way takes 14% (20% charged) and good knockback. The bolts are disjointed. While this move has fantastic “range”, enemies can simply stand in between the orbs to avoid damage, and HR cannot move until the bolts all disappear, though he can move almost instantly when that happens. There is also technically a fair amount of startup lag as the orbs have to set themselves up. This takes one bar of energy to perform, naturally.

Aerial Attacks

Nair: “Fire-arm Vanquish”: HR points his open palms forwards as a small hole opens in each of them. He then fires 6 bullets from his hands forwards that travel infinitely and do 4% each but no knockback or hit stun but have great priority.

However, while doing this, HR also fires a thin green energy beam from his eyes. This beam travels a decent distance in front of his eyes, maybe as far as Ike is tall. It is disjointed and deals 8% with average knockback. This could be considered a sweet spot, but it’s a pretty strange one at that. While the move has average startup lag, it has above average end lag, making this a very punishable move if you don’t space it properly. The final thing to note is that the laser beam is actually able to be reflected.

Fair: “It Burns!”: HR starts beating his wings as he opens his mouth and begins to spew fire from his mouth-canon while looking downwards. The wing flapping halves the speed at which he is falling, and the fire is as long as a full power Bowser fire-breath, and it is disjointed. It deals 4% per second you are caught in it and lasts for 2 seconds, and the final hit does average knockback. There is below average startup lag, but above average end lag as HR waits for the fire to stop… firing.

Bair: “Slap of Zeus”: HR holds out his left hand while electrical energy from his dynamo builds up on it, creating a crackling aura around his hand. After some time, he immediately twists his body around and swats at the space behind himself with that hand, and then he returns to his normal position. Pulling back his hand creates an orb of electrical energy the size of Kirby where the hand hit the air.

Okay, that’s all well and good, but what does the move actually do? First, if you are hit by the initial swipe, you take 12% and good knockback, but the move has more startup lag than an Ike FSmash as HR charges his hand, so it evens out. While HR’s arm can of course reach very far, the hit-box is only in his hand, so proper spacing is also required. The swat has average priority and if HR is out prioritized, he does not get to create the lingering orb afterwards. Fortunately, HR does the wing-beating thing from his Fair during this move to halve his fall speed, so the attack can actually come out.

If the orb is created, it stays in place for 2 seconds before dissipating. If an enemy touches it during this time, the orb explodes, dealing 12% and average knockback to anyone hit by the explosion. The moment HR returns to his normal position, he may immediately move again, so he has about 1.7 seconds to move around while his trap is out. If you couldn’t tell by now, this takes a bar of energy to do.

Uair: “It’s Snowing!”: HR points his mouth upwards and once again fires some ice out of his mouth-cannon. It only goes about one Bowser height upward, is disjointed (but you knew that), and anyone hit by it takes 10% a second as it lasts for 1 second (lol) and the last hit does average vertical knockback. A cool side-effect of this move is that the ice breath also creates slow moving, falling snowflakes that have decent priority but do 2% with no knockback or hit stun. If none of the ice-breath hits anything, 10 snowflakes are created, one for each hit on the initial ice-breath While the move doesn’t have much startup lag, as with HR’s other breath attacks, it has above average end lag as the mouth-canon ceases fire.

Dair: “Tail Jab”: What’s a Ridley move set without a move like this? Nothing, that’s what! HR surges some energy into his tail as he spear-like tip radiates electricity. He then jabs his tail straight downwards as far as it can go before it hits something, whether it be the ground or an enemy. If he hits an enemy with the SPEAR-TP ONLY, they take 15% and are spiked. If the tail hits the ground, HR will pull himself to the ground. In addition to requiring one bar of energy to activate, it has a fair amount of startup and end lag, to offset its excellent range and great power. Use it wisely.

Gair: “Clear For Landing”: HR leans back so his talons are facing forwards and he comes falling down at a 45 degree angle with claws extended. If he hits the ground, he skids a very short distance while his claws keep his grip. If he falls for twice his height before hitting the ground, he ends his glide. Anyone he hits while falling takes10% with average knockback but HR’s body has low priority due to the big hit box. Anyone who is hit by the landing skid takes 6% with low knockback but this time HR’s body has good priority.

Special Moves

B: “Ultimate Thunder Cannon”: HR gets down on all fours and opens his mouth so wide that it looks like a fully opened bear-trap. Energy then starts to flow from his dynamo to his mouth in such great numbers that you could have sworn he has an unlimited amount of the stuff. You can see a blue glow starting to emit from his mouth.

After he’s done charging, which takes as a little longer than a Falcon Punch, HR blasts a massive blue beam of electricity from his gaping jaw that is as tall as his opened mouth and travels infinitely across the stage until it hits something, and it’s disjointed. If that something happens to be an enemy, they take 18% and high knockback.

So, the move has infinite range, great power, and is disjointed. Broken! No, not really. Not only does this move have more startup lag than a Falcon Punch (not a lot more, but still, it’s really slow), but it takes ALL FIVE bars of energy to perform, so you’ll rarely ever get the chance to attempt it unless you like hoarding your energy supply. It also has a lot of end lag as HR waits until the beam fizzles out before closing his mouth, signifying that he can move again.

If done in the air, HR will hover in place using his wings while performing the move.

>B: “Through the Fire and Flames”: HR gets on all fours and starts growling. After a moment, he leaps forwards, turns so that he is belly-up, and starts to spew fire from his mouth upwards that goes as far as Ike is tall. Getting hit by the fire, which lasts for 1 second, will actually only deal a single hit, 14% and above average knockback. HR will be left lying on his back if he lands on the ground while doing this move and will continue firing. If he ends the move in the air, he will enter free-fall.

This move works differently if initiated in the air. In this case, HR just flies forwards with his body outstretched while looking down, firing some more flames as he roars. He moves the same speed and distance as an 80% charged Green Missile. This move has the same startup and end lag as Green Missile as well. While this is a good horizontal recovery move, it is a bad attack move in most cases, as the only hit box is the fire, leaving HR vulnerable from the front, top and back.

^B: “Headache”: HR straightens his neck vertically while looking up. His head then flies off his neck upwards, about the height of Ike, while remaining connected to his body via a pair of electric currents running between his head and neck. Once this is done, which takes a brief moment, you can move HR’s head around in any direction using the control stick, and his head will looks in that direction as it moves around, jaws open. You may move his head up to half of battlefield away from his neck before the move automatically cancels, and his head moves as fast as Pit’s ^B. It takes one bar of energy to start-up this attack, and one additional bar of energy for every 1.5 seconds the head is out after it can start to be controlled. If the energy runs out, you press B, or you go out of range before you actually grab anything with the head, his head will simply fly back towards his neck and quickly lock in place, giving this move average end lag.

If you hit someone with the open jaws, HR snaps shut, grabbing them and reeling them back to his body as he reattaches his head to his neck, and takes them from his mouth to his left hand. At this point, the move functions like Bowser’s old side-special (hey, that awesome move needs a revival somehow!), where you can tap the A button to bite them for 4% apiece while the enemy struggles to get free, or you can press forwards to toss the enemy away for 12% and average knockback.

If this move is performed in the air, it works similarly, but with a few notable differences. First, HR will do his wing-beating to help keep himself aloft while performing this move. Second, if he hits a grab able ledge with his jaws, he will hold onto it using his teeth, and the move now functions like a tether recovery. HR will still loose energy while hanging, so pull yourself up quick! Note that the invisible timer for energy usage stops the moment the move either cancels or you grab an enemy, as HR’s head pulls back too quickly for the dynamo to bother expending more power doing it.

VB: “Energy Relocation”: HR closes his eyes and growls a little as red energy starts flowing from his dynamo. After about 1 second, he is able to be moved again. What this move does is give HR 30% while giving him a bar of energy. This can be useful if you’re at a low percent, or desperately need one more bar for your current attack plan, but remember that 30% is a lot even on a heavyweight.

Final Smash

“The Demon of Thunder”: HR leaps off the top of the screen and reappears in the center, in the background. He curls up and then spread his limbs and wings while roaring, in a motion similar to Tabbuu’s animation for the off-waves. The actual final smash’s strength is determined by how many bars of energy you have when activating it. You need at least one to even use the final smash in the first place. Beyond that, HR’s appearance, as well as the move itself, grow more extreme with each bar of energy you have.

At one bar, HR is surrounded by an electrical aura, and many bolts of lightning rain down one after the other, going from left to right in succession. These are spaced apart like the ones in HR’s USmash and deal 14% with above average knockback.

Two bars, HR’s fingers emit electrical “claws” in addition to the aura, and another set of lightning bolts come in, this time starting from the right. At the center where the two sets of bolts meet come a much larger bolt that deals 20% and high knockback.

Three bars, HR’s aura crackles more fiercely, and now some lightning bolts strike from the sides of the screen going horizontally! In addition to standing in between the other bolts, you now must time jumps to dodge these. They have the same damage and knockback as the regular vertical bolts but will most likely knock you into other bolts as well.

Four bars, HR’s talons and fangs now have electrical extensions, and now bolts come in from the diagonals! You’re starting to feel cramped aren’t you? Kaizo Mario players should be able to jump through the criss-crossing thunder storm, but everyone else should just spam spot-dodges and pray.

Finally, at five bars, HR’s wings give off massive electrical spikes, with that and the other visual effects making HR looks like some electrical version of Satan himself. At this level, in addition to the other stuff going on, the entire screen is covered with electrical energy, dealing no knockback or hit stun but is impossible to avoid, dealing up to 30% if you take the full effect of it.

After the final smash is finished, HR returns to the stage, and his dynamo energy is reset to yellow level.

Grabs

Grab Animation: HR whips his tail forwards, covering a good distance with it. If he hits an enemy, he reels them in, close to his body. As you’d expect with long range grabs, this has some startup lag to it, but its extreme range makes up for it, the longest grab range in the game.

Grab Attack: “Boa Constrictor”: HR squeezes the enemy with his tail for 3%, but it can’t be performed that quickly.

Fthrow: “Ridley Smash!”: HR grabs the victim with both hand and then lifts him or her above his head before throwing them forwards. Average knockback, but only does 6%

Bthrow: “Anti-sneak Strike”: HR turns around while releasing his foe with a lash of his tail, which sends them in the direction HR was originally facing for 5% and average knockback. After turning around he slashes forwards, and anyone hit by his far reaching arm takes 8% with above average knockback, but the slash has low priority. Probably HR’s best throw, since you can damage the grab victim while hitting anyone who tries to hit you from behind.

Uthrow: “Whiplash”: HR tosses his opponents upwards using his tail for 5%. If HR has a bar of energy, he will detach his head like in his ^B, grabs the opponent in midair, and whips his head down, slamming them back into the ground for an additional 8% and above average knockback. HR then reattaches his head to his neck. This move is only worth using if you can do the second hit, but even then, you may be better off saving that energy for something else.

Dthrow: “Fire Storm”: HR fires some hot breath in his victim’s face, dealing up to 10% and ending with average knockback. Not a terrible throw, but like HR’s other throws, it’s not exactly a must-use move to succeed.

Other Attacks

Get-up Attack (front) : “Corkscrew Hop”: HR quickly hops off the ground, straightens his body and starts to rapidly spin like a drill. He keeps his tail wrapped around his body during this move so the hit-box isn’t ridiculously large. He spins for 1 second, and anyone who hits him during this time takes 10% and average knockback, but HR’s body has low priority. After he’s done spinning he lands back on his feet and returns to his standing position.

Get-up Attack (back): “OOOO, it Glows!”: HR spreads his wings and roars as a wave of electrical energy radiates out from his body, extending 3 kirbys outwards in all directions. Hitting this disjointed (surprise!) circle of death deals 12% and average knockback. After the energy wave fizzles out, HR props himself back up and gets ready for some more serious fighting. This move costs one bar of energy to perform.

Ledge Attack <100%: “My Ledge!”: HR turns his head around and begins to sweep his head up and down while letting loose with some more of his disjointed fire breath. It goes as far as Bowser’s B moves at 60% charge and lasts for 2 seconds. Anyone caught by it takes up to 12% and the final hit deals average knockback. Because HR is actually shooting away from the stage for this move, this is a great edge guarding attack, especially since HR is also holding on to the edge of the stage. However, he can’t use this move to attack enemies on the stage, as the fire doesn’t reach there. After his flamethrower fizzles out, he quickly climbs back up to the stage.

Ledge Attack 100%: “Losing Your Head”: HR stretches his neck back, and then he quickly thrusts it forwards while detaching his head from his body, sending it shooting straight forwards very quickly and it travels half of battlefield. The moment his head is detached, HR jumps up and over the edge, following his head. Anyone who is hit by his head takes 10% with average knockback, and the move has decent priority.

But here’s where the problem sets in. In order to conserve energy, HR didn’t bother activating the energy tethers to keep his head “connected” to his neck. This means that his head is left lying there on the ground, able to be picked up and thrown like an item by his enemies. Until HR retrieves his head, any moves using his head either don’t function at all or the parts involving his head don’t work (So for example in his Nair he cannot use the eye beams, whereas in his >A the move just can’t be used because it’s all based with his head and fangs). If his head is thrown into the abyss by an enemy, it’s gone until HR is KOd or uses his final smash. If HR makes contact with his head, even if it’s in the opponent’s hands, a small energy tether quickly grabs it and pulls it back to his neck, this taking no energy bars to do since it’s an emergency reserve.

STRATEGY GUIDE

Hyper_Ridley at first appears to be really easy to play. You have plenty of disjointed moves, great range, some moves with excellent KO potential, and… oh my God what happened why can’t I use FSmash anymore?! Ah, the moment you learn just how easy it is to run out of dynamo energy.

Okay, so as you’ve probably figured out, managing HR’s energy supply is a big part of wining with him. At the start of every stock, you being with two, and get one more for every 30% you deal with non-lightning attacks, up to five. Now, with these, you have access to some powerful moves. You’ve got an FSmash that makes Ike cower in fear, an USmash that has extreme range, an ^A enhancer that gives you more damage for less lag, among other things. However, you cannot simply spam these moves, because in addition to their inherent weaknesses (i.e. FSmash is really slow), each use takes up one or more energy bars. If you want to use one of your precious bars, then you’d better make sure that you’ll either connect or not be terribly vulnerable if you miss.

Other than that, your non-energy attacks have their own uses. One of HR’s most commonly used moves is his >A. It has good startup lag and can poison foes if you hit with the sweet spot, though it has bad end lag if you miss. This also has a very interesting sweet spot to take into account, due to requiring HR to be closer than the non-sweet spot, and it’s a grab instead of an attack. This means that you have some interesting decisions to make. Do you want to go for distance with an attack? Would you rather take some more risk to poison your foe?

Unfortunately, HR’s other ground options begin to show HR’s biggest flaw; he has to be aggressive with punishable attacks to regain his energy. The first hit of his A combo has low priority. His VA has a hit box that requires specific range. His ^A only works against aerial enemies. The worst offender is his dash attack. Sure, it has great disjointed range and can do lots of damage if you connect with all the hits, but HR stops moving the instant you start it, meaning that you can’t take advantage of the range if you want to use it to approach, and the end lag makes it punishable if you do get close. Extreme care and quick thinking is required for HR’s offensive game to be effective. If you desperately need energy, you can use Energy Relocation to give yourself a quick fix, but it deals yourself 30%. Yeah, don’t spam it.

HR’s aerial game doesn’t help matters. His terrible first jump combined with his insane fall speed means that SHFFing with HR actually requires a full jump to pull off. His Nair will get out with this strategy, but it’s only worth using if you can connect with the sweet spot, which only works against other enemies in the air. Fair is actually a nice choice, since it has good startup lag, aims downwards, and HR’s wing effect during this move temporarily slows his fall speed. Bair is so **** slow that even with its own wing effect you can only really use this move when you use a second jump, and even then it’s only really worth it for the great aerial bobby trap, but wait, that requires energy! Uair doesn’t slow HR’s descent but it can be useful for juggling. However, never ever use HR’s Dair with only one energy bar remaining. This move has bad starting lag and doesn’t even have the wing-effect, and since it only works as a stage spike, you’d better have some energy to use Headache afterwards. It’s usually better to attack aerial combatants with ^A for Headache, especially Headache. It’s got great range, good damage, and you can usually catch foes before you use more than the activation cost. Now that’s using your head (wah, wah, waaaaaaaah)

Now, KOing is HR’s strongest point. After you’ve sufficiently damaged your foes and brought up your energy level, it’s time to go for the kill. HR has a large amount of options for KOing. His most common is FSmash, as even if the first hit misses, he still has an excellent fake-out with the optional second hit, and if he doesn’t use it the enemy may be too afraid to take the chance, making it safe to use. Bair’s use finally comes to light, as the initial swing can KO, and he can always use the trap part to edge guard. Of course, FSmash is also good for edge guarding due to its range. But by far the best move to try out in this situation is DSmash. While it’s extreme lagginess requires precision timing, if you can release it into your opponent’s recovery, you can deal up to 60% with a full charge! Granted, you’ll very rarely ever reach that amount, and if you did, your opponent is so bad that you may as well have finished them off anyhow. USmash can be used sometimes to KO since it has great potential range, but this is another move that can has specific points at which it can damage foes. If HR feels confident in his ability to use non-electrical attacks, then he can try to use Ultimate Thunder Canon for a mighty KO.

Recovering with HR can be either heaven or hell, depending on how you need to recovery. If you’re high in the air away from the stage, you can use HR’s side special to give yourself good horizontal distance, and if you still need a little push, an aerial Headache has the fall-speed modifier, which combined with its range makes it an excellent tether recovery. Just remember that it needs energy to be used, needs to be manually directed to the stage, and is still somewhat vulnerable to gimping, though HR can suicide with potential edge hoggers with this move. HR even has a glide to further sweeten the deal. However, if you find yourself launched at a low trajectory, you’re basically screwed. HR’s ridiculous fall speed is simply too high for his mid air jumps to handle, and by that point you may have fallen too far for even Headache to save you.

So, to recap: HR is best played by focusing on his ground game, especially his >A, to carefully build damage in order to build up energy to use his electrical attacks, which in turn give him excellent KO options and some more options in general. However, his ground game is punishable which makes it difficult to hastily regain dynamo power. His air game has its uses but is much harder to use than it should be due to his jump and fall speed. He’s a monster when it’s KO time, and even more vicious when it comes to edge guarding. He can recover fine from up high, but he is already dead from down low. HR may be the most powerful being the Galactic Federation has ever known, but remember, Ridley’s always had brains to go with his brawn, and that’s no different now that he’s a machine.

OTHER

Idle: As explained in the size description, he is hunched over, standing only on his back legs, while his neck is bent in an S shape so he can see ahead properly.
Crouch: HR gets down on all fours, looking much more comfortable in this state.
Walk: HR slowly hobbles forwards
Dash: HR lifts of the ground and glides along, similar to Meta Knight.
Jump: HR simply does a quick hop to himself into the air
Midair Jump: HR flaps with his steel wings, propelling himself a decent distance higher. Now if we could just do something without that fall speed.
Roll: HR does a turning skid in the direction he rolls.
Side Step: HR quickly takes a short step to one side
Shield: HR forms an electrical looking shield around himself while covering his body with his hands. The shield functions like a standard shield, and despite the appearance, does not take away energy, just being a cool graphical effect.
Air Dodge: HR leans to the side
Dizzy: HR falls over, holding up himself with one hand and clutching at his “heart” with the other
Sleep: HR’s neck and head fall to the ground as he enters “sleep mode”. Hey, he’s a robot, after all
Wiimote Noise: HR growls a little
Star KO: Hyper_Ridley finally opens his trap in this move set. Let’s see what he has to say: “No… you all suck!” Probably what he’s saying after every encounter with Samus >_>
Kirby Hat: Looks like HR’s top jaw. Since Kirby doesn’t have to rely on an energy supply to use Ultimate Thunder Canon, some changes are necessary. Kirby’s version of the move has halved damage, knockback, and travels as far as 1/3 of battlefield, but it retains its disjointedness. Lag times remain the same, but Kirby’s infinite use of the thing means he can actually spam it a little.
Logo: Metroid Logo
Win Music: Samus’
Credits Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzMGi...eature=related

Special Animations

Entrance: HR appears on the stage in a display of lightning, and he stretches as he roars.
Taunt1: HR strikes at the ground with one of his hands and says “Imagine yourself where my hand just went”
Taunt2: HR pulls his tail in front of himself and draws a circle in the ground with it. He then says, “This is where you’ll die!”
Taunt3: HR clenches a fist and forms a little bit of electricity in it. He says, “Shocking, I know.” No one ever said that Ridley was immune to puns.
Win1: HR flies onto the screen while roaring. He lands and shoots some fire at the camera.
Win2: HR begins charging up an Ultimate Thunder Canon to fire at the losers, but a bug flies by and he turns to shoot that instead. He then says, “I…hate…bees…”
Win3: HR does the “evil finger-contemplation” and says “So this is what victory feels like… feels good…”
Lose: HR lies on his back and slowly claps, not bothered to show any more respect than that.

Alt Colors

1) Default
2) Purple metal becomes blue (blue team)
3) Purple metal becomes green (green team)
4) Purple metal becomes red (red team)
5) Purple metal becomes white
6) Purple metal becomes black

Snake Codec

Snake: Oh no, Ridley’s here!
Otacon: That’s not actually Ridley. That’s Hyper_Ridley. He’s a robotic version of Ridley made to give his mind a more permanent home.
Snake: So it’s still Ridley then, just in different skin. Does his status as a robot change his fighting style at all?
Otacon: For the most part, he acts the same. However, he is now capable of shooting ice-breath in addition to his fire assaults, and his heart allows him to channel electric currents into potent weaponry.
Snake: So it’s like Ridley on steroids, huh? Time to get out the ol’ bazooka
Otacon: Oh, that won’t be enough to shut him down for good. His brain is linked to a super computer, the moment you destroy one body his minions will just crank out another.
Snake: How’s that any different than before he became a robot?
Otacon: Before he had skin?
Snake: *sarcastically* Hahaha, very funny Otacon. I’ll just worry about this one for now.

Unlock Info

How to Unlock: Complete Classic with Ridley, Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, Ridley-X and the other Ridleys that will inevitably be made in MYM.
Unlock message: “Hyper_Ridley has joined the Brawl! Watch out Samus!”

STAGE - PIRATE FORTRESS

Black Lines are floors/walls, blue lines are drop-throughs, colored circles are warp pads. Stand on one and press up to warp between the two circles of the same color. Orange box is lava.

So, the first thing you may notice is that this stage is HUGE! This is easily the biggest stage in the game. So how do you expect to find yourself with four characters running amok? Three words baby, SPLIT SCREEN BRAWL!

Yes, the screen is split up into multiple pieces, depending on how many players/cpus there are. CPUs get their own screen so you can spy on their position like the other players. The camera on each screen is zoomed out a good amount so you can see around yourself.

While this is a huge stage, there are a lot of open areas on the sides to KO foes, preventing a cave-of-life scenario. The warp pads also stop stallers, since you can simply pursue them with a different one, and the warp pads take 10 seconds to recharge, preventing a constant back-and-forth retreat. Granted, it would still probably be banned, but hey, it would be fun for non-tourney matches.

Music

Metroid Prime 2: Dark Samus
Metroid Prime 2: Mutated Emperor Ing
Metroid Prime 3: Gandrayda
Metroid Prime 3: Rundas
G Darius: Final Boss
Halo 3: Main Theme

FUN FACTS ABOUT HYPER_RIDLEY

Hyper_Ridley is left-handed.

Hyper_Ridley is a scaly that has pirate bondage fetishes and wants to be a cyborg.

Hyper_Ridley is best friends with the author of this repost.

Goldwyvern had to copy this normally, so it doesnt have BBCode.

Everyone else can go suck a phallic lemon.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
KUPA ANNOUNCEMENT
Kupa will be out of town at a journalism convention starting tonight, November 10th, where he will be busy and most likely not have Internet access. He will be returning to MYM late at night on Sunday the 14th. This is directed primarily at the other leaders; I will be back to make my picks and vote on your choices then (this is just a one-time, four-day leave). Now you know...See y'all soon!

Crewx

Smash Rookie
Just so you guys know, I'm not dead.. lol... I actually come and look every day. I just want to watch for the rest of the contest and see how its done before I actually try in MYM 9. Also I'm busy with real life things so, it works well together. But do expect more from me next contest.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Sooo...considering that the top 50 won't be arriving for a while, why don't we talk about what sets we have planned later on?

I know what my plans are...
Note: When I say more to come...I really mean I have no idea if I'm actually going to make those sets. So yeah, no promises. First 3 should be confirmed though. (wary)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Good idea, TWILT!

My active MYM periods are usually during school breaks (winter and summer), and one of those is coming up, so! These are some characters you might expect to see from me in the future:

Token Xiaolin Showdown characters, of course.

Maybe this guy too:

And maybe some unknown.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Plans? Ah, I remember those days back when we could announce sets for random characters we just liked and had no actual plans for. . .Remember Beast Boy? Good times.

As far as -actual- plans I have, the first one can be somewhat considered a "canceled" plan, considering I was going to do it as 3-4 day Halloween set or so, but then I decided to do another Survivor instead. I still have some ideas for it though and there's a good chance it'll be in MYM 9 - I've been meaning to do a boss sized character that's still for 1v1 for quite a while.

Aside from Bouldergeist, my other character's another Warcraft 3 one, and another mage at that - yes, yes, magic syndrome characters have the most potential, although I think the spacing elements of his playstyle in Warcraft (Firing off attacks that you don't actually expect to hit to herd foes around) could translate quite well to Smash. Smady wants to do a set for him himself somewhere down the line but has no immediate plans and Chris wanted to do him at one point, but he's long moved past Warcraft. Besides, Smady, your beloved Garithos' racism is all directed at this character anyway. It'd be insulting him if you did a set for Kael.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Sure, I'll be willing to throw a couple of previews down for sets in progress -

The Vampire who transformed his body by adding hundreds of beasts into his form to strengthen himself; he's a powerful assassin and member of Dead Apostle Ancestors. With one of the most villainous names ever devised by man, he is

Nrvnqsr 'Nero' Chaos

Fusing gunslinging and magic, this magical girl defeats her enemies with a combination of energy enhanced bullets and advanced illusion magic. With the callsign of Stars-04, she's one of the main forwards in the special military division Riot Force Six. She is...

Teana Lanster

And finally, the Ace of Aces, the White Devil. One of the most feared aerial mages in the entire Time Space Administration Bureau, with a whopping S- Mage rank. 10 years since her last moveset, she's picked up new tricks and even more power. She's Stars-01,

StrikerS Nanoha

And finally, the young artificial mage of Riot Force Six. An extremely talented Belkan knight armed with furious speed and powerful lightning magic, he is Lightning-03,

Erio Mondial

Top Bottom