• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Man Expo

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

THE MAN EXPO

Date: 11/12 (Open 12:00pm - 8:00pm) & 11/13 (Open 10:00am - 8:00pm)
Location: South Towne Expo Center, 9575 S. State Street, Sandy, UT
Venue Fee: $10 / Entry Fee: TBA

Friday November 12 - Free Play ALL DAY!

Saturday November 13 - Tournament!
Limited Registration will be from 10am -12 am (Please register and pay online before you come)
Tournament from 12:30pm - 3:30pm
4:00-4:30 Top 8 check-in and warm-up
4:45pm to 5:45pm tournament finals.
After that, grudge match or money matches till close

Link: http://www.manexpos.com/
So, the Man Expo is coming to town the weekend after MLG, and they are running a brawl tournament! There are tons of other things going on as well (as you can see on the site) so you can enjoy yourself with all the options. Doors open at noon on Friday and 10 o'clock on Saturday. The starting time for the tournament is not yet known, but I will post it as soon as I'm notified.

We need people to bring setups (both wii's and TV's) as they wont supply any, and we also need a couple TO's. If you can help in any of these categories, please say so, it will be greatly appreciated!

Rules:
[COLLAPSE=Rules]Rules:
- 3 stock.
- 8 minutes.
- All Characters are allowed.
- Items are turned to off and none.
- All non-finals and semi-finals matches are best of three.
- Finals and semi-finals are best of five.
- If time runs out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percent.
- All persons are responsible for their own control scheme and must make sure it is set before the match begins.
- Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
- Meta Knight's IDC is banned.
- If a game ends with a Bowsercide or Ganoncide KO and the game goes to Sudden Death, then any Sudden Death is ignored and the player who Bowsercided/Ganoncided is declared the winner.
- Stalling is banned.
- Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect.

Tournament Format:
1. Both players choose their characters. (A double blind pick may be requested)
2. Stage stike for the first match. You can also random stage select if agreed by both players.
3. Fight.
4. After the battle, the winner may ban one availiable stage.
5. The loser can then pick the next stage to be played on.
6. The loser picks his/her character.
7. The winner picks his/her character.
8. Fight.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 until all matches are completed.

Stage List:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter-Picks:
Brinstar (Melee)
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Norfair
PictoChat
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
All other stages[/COLLAPSE]

BRING TV'S AND SETUPS!! THERE MAY BE A DISCOUNT (OR MONEY BACK) FOR BRINGING STUFF!!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Zz is there cash prizes?????? Or wat? How u doing the splits?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im trying to get cash prizes, I'll know soon. Everyone does get a free $5 play and trade gift card just for entering though! :D Yaaaaay!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'm pretty sure there will be. Also, if you bring canned food, you get a dollar off the venue fee for each can if food you bring. And there isn't a limit to how much you bring.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Haha wtf food drive brawl tournament bwahahahah k me and my bro will come. RJ gonna mm me you wanna mm too?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
sure, and I still need to learn that Zelda mu. I felt like I was doing something wrong the whole match against tsuteto. I lost to him but only barely.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Alrite cool. Yoshi ***** Zelda though. In fact Yoshi might even have an advantage on SHeik. But o yea we can bring 2 tv's and a wii.

-Final-

Aria♪
Well, this tournament doesn't seem to be getting much attention, so I'll break the mood by saying that I WILL be going tommorrow, and I can bring whatever you need (minus TV). I can bring recording equipment, but somebody will probably have to force me to upload the matches.

EDIT1: Oh, and I haven't played regular Brawl since the last tourney I went to, and I think somebody accidentally took my memory card then, too, so I haven't played melee either. So I will pretty much fail at this tourney

EDIT2: We should play Brawl minus matches at this.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Was gonna go but rid3 issues came up. ill get my license back end of this month though so ill be active again.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well, this tournament doesn't seem to be getting much attention, so I'll break the mood by saying that I WILL be going tommorrow, and I can bring whatever you need (minus TV). I can bring recording equipment, but somebody will probably have to force me to upload the matches.
Sweet, and coincidentally we have an extra TV :awesome:

EDIT1: Oh, and I haven't played regular Brawl since the last tourney I went to, and I think somebody accidentally took my memory card then, too, so I haven't played melee either. So I will pretty much fail at this tourney

EDIT2: We should play Brawl minus matches at this.
I'll have it with me just in case (and i still have your textures)

is there gonna be doubles?
Nope

Was gonna go but rid3 issues came up. ill get my license back end of this month though so ill be active again.
Aw man, I really wanna play your sheik, guess itll have to wait :/

Also, there wont be cash prizes cuz the people in charge apparently think its a dumb idea(remember, im not actually in charge, im just running it cuz I know how and they dont) and I was going to try and just get $5 or less from each person until i realised that its right next to a booth for the people in charge and that security is right there at all times due to all the gaming stuff just sitting there... If I get a chance, maybe, but it doesn't look to good for that at the moment. You do still get Play n trade credit, but im very pissed about them being so anal about it >.>

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
RESULTS:

[COLLAPSE=Pool]Pool

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Bracket]Bracket

[/COLLAPSE]

Top 8
1. deathbysuarez :toonlink: :sonic: :metaknight: :link2:
2. Final63 :peach: :toonlink: :popo: :yoshi2:
3. Z'zgashi :yoshi2:
4. Sephiroths Masamune :marth: :metaknight:
5. Absolute Zero :wolf: :metaknight: :falco:
5. ERK! :pit:
7. Adam :kirby2:
7. Jim :mario2:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
why isn't there a link by my name as well?
i only went mk against you once. i went link against absolute zero and final

and stop spelling my name wrong!!

-rage :mad:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Really? I never saw you play as link... >.> *adds*

And you also played as MK in at least 1 other match with someone else which you won, and you played me with MK 3 times ;o

As for the name, I actually never noticed the u went first... huh...

Top Bottom