• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Personally Critiqued by Pierce. OP Updated 11/18

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'll take the Friday 9 AM slot, Pierce.

Now I need to find a good video with a lot of stuff that we can talk about...

:069:
Certainly, but I will not put it in the Calendar until you have actually added a method of contact. This is required to schedule an appointment.

Can I have this time?
Certainly, but I will not put it in the Calendar until you have actually added a method of contact. This is required to schedule an appointment.

i have a match against nerd that i'd really like to be reviewed, but in oregon their timer is 10 minutes (doesn't go to time or anything)

can i still have this video critiqued?
Probably. How long is the match? I already considered the issue of 10 minute timer, and I decided that I would make exceptions because I support the rule, but not if the match actually goes over 8 minutes, because there simply isn't enough time.

i dont have aim or skype...how about facebook chat? LOL
The only reason I didn't initially include FB chat is because the servers are terrible, but if you are limited from other options, I will accept FB chat as a method.

However, be warned that if for some reason, FB Chat has some form of communication failure, you will not be refunded your time.

Arc
Time Slot: Wednesday- 2:30-3:00
AIM: arcrevived
Matches: Win- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrL-xJSsAhw
Lose: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGvCvOfbZls&feature=related

Matches are somewhat old and I've progress since then, but I'd like some general feedback on my playstyle. Pierce da bess!
Please specify which match I will be critiquing. If you are unsure, you can always change your mind later, but if possible, I'd like to go into the critique having already watched the video, but I'm not going to watch every video everyone might possibly want me to critique.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK, I edited the post with my contact information.

Now I just need to find a good video... hm...

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Please specify which match I will be critiquing. If you are unsure, you can always change your mind later, but if possible, I'd like to go into the critique having already watched the video, but I'm not going to watch every video everyone might possibly want me to critique.
Critiquing the one where I lose will be more beneficial for me, so I'll update my post for you. Thanks for clarifying, Pierce :D

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Calendar fully updated.
rPsi, I'm waiting until your contact info is included in the post to add you.
AIM is Rocketsci227; Skype is RocketPSIence.
I have vids recorded from my previous tournament, I'll prioritize to get those uploaded to youtube ASAP.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
AIM is Rocketsci227; Skype is RocketPSIence.
I have vids recorded from my previous tournament, I'll prioritize to get those uploaded to youtube ASAP.
Select your preference, and edit into the original post you made, so I can quickly access all this information from my schedule which will link to your appointment post.

Reserving Thursday from 9PM-9:30PM
Also requesting Skype.

Hi Pierce.
Hi. What's your Skype?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I don't even think that would be necessary to give good advice. I've seen great Brawl players do really good at Melee. It's not about being good at one of the games, it's about being good with the concept of Smash.

I'm just saying, if you're great at giving advice on Brawl videos, you could give very decent advice on Melee videos as well, if you can just watch it as many times as you want. You'd see stuff that a regular peasant (AKA me) wouldn't see.

Ah well.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Thank you, and I'm aware. I actually watch a lot of high level Melee videos, and know a lot of Melee at high levels, just due to being friends with a lot of the top Melee players, and enjoying Melee. I understand the game reasonably well. A lot of Melee pros respect my opinions on the game, and every once in a while, I'll be asked for advice.

I just don't see myself as a top Melee mind. Even if I did, I wouldn't have time to do both.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Gotcha. I'll be on AIM and Vent. There's a possibility my internet connection might cut out for a few seconds so if I don't answer right away I should be right back.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
That isn't your Mario.

Don't leave northern IN all alone. :(
Although, I also have videos of my Mario up (and actually, the video I posted first was of me was with Mario) vs a Pit, I felt like my Sheik would need more work than the Mario. If he were able to do two, I would have put both up. I put some of my recent Mario stuff up in our Board's critique thread, though. Feel free to have a look and give me some help.

I'm dumb and put up the time I wanted but for today, fixed it for Wednesday the 17th at 12-12:30.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Thanks a lot for everything Pierce, especially for putting up with my unbelievably choppy internet. It was stable all day right up until we started the session :X.

I got cut off from another disconnect at the end but I was just saying I appreciate the session, I'll fill out the critique review asap, and I'll be sure to leech someone else's WiFi or something if we speak again lol.

/thumbs up

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Thanks a lot for everything Pierce, especially for putting up with my unbelievably choppy internet. It was stable all day right up until we started the session :X.

I got cut off from another disconnect at the end but I was just saying I appreciate the session, I'll fill out the critique review asap, and I'll be sure to leech someone else's WiFi or something if we speak again lol.

/thumbs up
Haha, don't worry about it too much.

rPsi, looking back at that post, it doesn't say the date.

Make a new post that FOLLOWS the reservation format please, so I can include you already :coolmonke

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
So, as you all have probably noticed, times will expire as they're approaching, because I'm not going to sit around and stalk this page to see if anyone is going to schedule an appointment for a time slot coming up in 2 minutes. After Block 1 is finished, you will need to register 24 hours in advance (that time may be later increased, we'll see).

I will note which times frequently expire, and transform those into

Oh and @ rPsi, I'm not asking you to follow the format to be a prick. It's legitimately helpful to me. For instance, I'm aware that there's only one day where you could possibly schedule the time you selected, but there's a possibility that I'm going to add more times to this block. For instance, if this block were to cap, then I'd probably include Mon, Tues, Wed of next week into this block, or a time might free up where I have that exact half hour available in a day soon to come up.

Overall, I aim to make things as clear and seamless as possible, which is why I require the format I have provided to be used.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
Just finished with mine and it really helped me with some mindset things. Absolutely try this out if you get the chance. He's really good. Heading to study again now.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Did you enjoy the critique session?

A: I didn't. You never showed up! :(

Do you feel that the session will help you improve your game?

A: It won't. You never critiqued me! :(:(

Did your questions get answered? If not, what questions do you still have?

A: Why didn't you get on? Lol

Please include any more ways that you feel Pierce could improve this service, either within the actual session, or overall.

A: Come to sessions? I was really looking forward to it. I guess I'll just have to wait another 24 hours...

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439

A: I didn't. You never showed up! :(

A: It won't. You never critiqued me! :(:(

A: Why didn't you get on? Lol

Please include any more ways that you feel Pierce could improve this service, either within the actual session, or overall.

A: Come to sessions? I was really looking forward to it. I guess I'll just have to wait another 24 hours...
This is completely and entirely my fault. No one signed up for the rest of my critique sessions for this morning, and a quick glance at my schedule put me under the impression that I had no more critiques for today until after the BBR Chat was over.

I will be more than happy to schedule another time with you that lasts an hour, as opposed to only half an hour, to help compensate for my blunder.

Select your preference, and edit into the original post you made, so I can quickly access all this information from my schedule which will link to your appointment post.

Hi. What's your Skype?
It's in my postbit, but I'll just put it here.

d.vissepo

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Thursday, 11/18/10
9pm - 9:30pm ~ AVAILABLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWHfeyHH4us (It's a set, you don't have to watch all 3 games)

AIM: lordhelmat1
Pick which game. You can change your mind at the start of the meeting, but in case I want to get a headstart on watching.

I just noticed, you have selected a time that is already taken. It's just that the schedule was not updated. Please select a different time, sorry.

Player-1

Smash Legend

yes

Yes

No, I guess the only question is "what should I work on to get better?", but that's pretty broad. The things you told me about what I should work on I already knew, BUT you did give me some helpful alternatives and solutions to help with that so that helped. I'm sure you'll find other things that I didn't notice too in the later full review of the match =).

Maybe start with how the other person felt with what happened in the match and what they thought about it and ask them what they think they should improve on from the very beginning and then proceed with your review.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Please PM me the Critique Review as I requested. I will not be able to find it later posted here.

I am also available to record videos for people

9:45pm - 10:15pm ~ AVAILABLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta5N9UbFzn8 (this is the 10 minute timer match, it's 3:52)
AIM: Asa4279
Please include the date and/or day of the week of the review in this post.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'll just post it again so you won't have to remember to check my post again.

Critique with Twinkie

Thursday at 9:00pm - 9:30pm.

Videos to critique:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swmCTIOuFRo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbst4Jigxqc

Thanks in advance.

Nearly perfect. Can you specify which video you'd like me to critique though? There's pretty much no way I'll be able to critique two in one half hour session.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also The OP has been updated. It doesn't really contain MUCH new information, but it's been cleaned up a little, and now has better guidelines.

Asa

Smash Hero
post has been fixed

do you want to put up the names of the people who are willing to record videos in the OP?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Pierce, you're going to hate me for this, but I need to cancel my appointment for tomorrow. I just found out that I have another appointment to go to at 10 AM CT (which is 9 AM ET).

Sorry. I guess I'm going to have to wait for 2 blocks, now. =/

Top Bottom