• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I want to go to Pound 5 but I have a huge prior commitment currently slated for "February 2011" so I hope it doesn't coincide with Pound. Why couldn't it have been on MLK Weekend again? =(

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Before I read any of these posts...who L-cancels by slightly pressing in the R/L button rather than fully pressing it in?

EDIT: Pretty sure I'm close to 80% confirmed for Pound 5. Seeing as I can never get vids up of my Falcon, I'll be expecting some of you kids to analyze me and tell me what I'm doing wrong(minus tech chasing >_<)!

Shroomed

Smash Master
i use Z because it takes so much less time to press

i actually thought most people used Z but they really don't lol

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i dont think it takes any more time since you don't have to push the button down til it clicks. even a simple light shield (barely holding down a trigger) would cause the L cancel :p

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Nonono, the reasoning I ask this is because not pressing it past the point of clicking means you won't 40 frame yourself and can still tech even if you go for an L-cancel when getting hit. I was just wondering if anyone gave a crap about it or just figures "Aw ****" when that situation happens xP

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
gooey, yeah thats a good idea and i miss tons of techs for that reason, but l canceling is so subconscious to me i dont know if i could change

kk-whats the deal dude i felt like i was pretty much able to keep up with you at the first rom when i played you, now youre getting third at nationals? how did you do that

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i tech alot of **** cause i was trying to l-cancel.

true story.
this. it works both ways. pressing it fully causes you to miss techs and hit unintentionally.

on another note, Im forced to use L because my right index finger is broken and cant bend sufficiently to utilize the R button.

good thing i was always an L-canceller.

Shroomed

Smash Master
I don't use my L button

Ever.

Kahe I hope we get matched in pools again lol
I don't agree with our last match at all

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
you can shield.. jump let go of shield and tap it against asap, OR hold it down slightly, then jump and then press the R button til it clicks, and it'll still do the wavedash.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I have a weird system. If I just shield straight up (like from a run or whatever) I use R, and I wavedash out of shield with R. But if I l-cancel into a shield, I use L to shield.

Top Bottom