• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

History of a Smasher

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Wow, not sure if this was mentioned in the 19 pages, but Chillin... you have the memory of a god. Also, REALLY good read! :) I enjoyed reading it all, and I'm probably going to finish part 10 tomorrow. Sooooo good. I wish my Smash life was as epic as that D8

Reptar

Smash Apprentice
ROM is donnnne, we are waitingggg, haha, were vampires without blood at this point

D

Deleted member

Chu is substantially worse at melee now and doesn't really like the game anymore. Last weekend we were watching some of his matches (including some vs chillin) and he was like "wow I was really good". But as for the present Chu is focused on brawl and probably won't go back to melee at all.

Chillin your writing is pretty good. Thanks for the read.

Reptar

Smash Apprentice
Chu is substantially worse at melee now and doesn't really like the game anymore. Last weekend we were watching some of his matches (including some vs chillin) and he was like "wow I was really good". But as for the present Chu is focused on brawl and probably won't go back to melee at all.

Chillin your writing is pretty good. Thanks for the read.

I remember watching Chu's ice climbers, they were so fresh, you rarely see IC's as clean as those

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Played this dude Chillin in tourney and friendlies yesterday, it was pretty cool.

Remember dude you said you'd write a whole chapter for our set. =p

Bones0

Smash Legend
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (6 members and 0 guests)
Bones0, Redact, MikeHaggarKJ, john!, Luma, GrimFandango

We're waiting! XD

Reptar

Smash Apprentice
Played this dude Chillin in tourney and friendlies yesterday, it was pretty cool.

Remember dude you said you'd write a whole chapter for our set. =p

KevinM told me you were playing legit and sexy at ROM3, and got Mango to admit you were the best Falco, congrats, you deserve it

Reptar

Smash Apprentice
shhh we cant tell KevinM that or his head may get bigger and he will start placing top 5 haha

chillindude829

Smash Master
chillin, who were you shouting at during ROM and why?
rofl it was darrell, the other samus dude from WC

right before me/tope vs pp/yay, he was like "oh ur chillin? i saw ken beasting chillin on youtube that sh*t was hilarious" or somethin like that

then during the entire set he was heckling me, and he constantly singled me out even saying things like "**** tope you're so good, too bad your teammate sucks"

he even talked sh*t directly to me in the match we won where i was ******, and afterward i was like "why are u still talking when im ******? shut the F*CK up" but regardless he continued heckling me for the rest of the set, lol

so i played him first round of singles bracket and before the match i was like "dude so do u hate me or what" and hes like "oh no i just talk sh*t like that to everyone" or something along those lines, rofl. he beat my fox first game, then i beat him twice with marth and last match he was up 4 stock to 2 before i made a comeback so i was pumped as hell. i stood up and said something along the lines of "oh u like talking **** huh? why are u so quiet now darrell? why arent u talkin sh*t now?"

KageMurphy

Smash Master
LMAOOOOO got 'em.

Let them talk that **** at Pound 5, we going in deep on any OOSers. Ya digg.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I was getting pretty hyped at this Samus vs Marth battle going on
Good **** Chillin

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
rofl it was darrell, the other samus dude from WC

right before me/tope vs pp/yay, he was like "oh ur chillin? i saw ken beasting chillin on youtube that sh*t was hilarious" or somethin like that

then during the entire set he was heckling me, and he constantly singled me out even saying things like "**** tope you're so good, too bad your teammate sucks"

he even talked sh*t directly to me in the match we won where i was ******, and afterward i was like "why are u still talking when im ******? shut the F*CK up" but regardless he continued heckling me for the rest of the set, lol

so i played him first round of singles bracket and before the match i was like "dude so do u hate me or what" and hes like "oh no i just talk sh*t like that to everyone" or something along those lines, rofl. he beat my fox first game, then i beat him twice with marth and last match he was up 4 stock to 2 before i made a comeback so i was pumped as hell. i stood up and said something along the lines of "oh u like talking **** huh? why are u so quiet now darrell? why arent u talkin sh*t now?"
+million rep

Wasn't this Darrell guy the same Samus player that was hating on Wes? LOL

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
looks like Yay has some competition then. LOL

edit:

@ DruggedFawx:Old School Trash Talkers won the tournament for that already lol gg

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I played some friendlies with Darrell and he seems like an awesome guy. But yea he talks **** like a boss. I wish more players added that kind of drama to the game; that set vs. Chillin was hype. I'm glad I watched it cause it wasn't recorded.

Of course the end was the best. Chillin got off on him sooo hard lol.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Chillin was doing work at ROM forreal. Him and tope in teams, chillin was getting off.

i didnt watch the set of him vs darrel but i saw him jump up and shout sh*t which was pretty hilarious.

i dont think anyone can beat Yay at trash talk though.

unknown522

Some guy
yo, chillin yelling **** had me scared for a sec. So I called him over and told him to chill out and see if he was ok.

He was fine though, lol.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Friggen Epic. Wheres the next chapter? It seems like the game/competetive community would have been so much fun back then, I wish I had started earlier.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
i think its cool how azen tries to use every character, it makes the game seem alot more interesting.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Part XI - H2YL Dwindles

Following Game Over, tournaments were scarce for a while. Locally, only Muffin King and M3D held regular tournaments, and for Mild and I at least our parents were still unwilling to let us travel further than Maryland for a tournament, making our options very limited. Nevertheless BOMB2 was announced and we were eager to compete in a tourney setting once again, even if it was nowhere near as big as Game Over.

Azen decided to use Mario for BOMB2, while the rest of us used our usual characters. Chu used Ganondorf, which at the time was one of his best and since he hadn’t really gotten his IC strategies developed, his IC’s weren’t yet his main. H2YL was still the dominant force in the region and none of us expected to lose early.

Anden dropped his first round match to Wife, one of the only locals who posed somewhat of a threat to H2YL early on. NEO was also present, and although he didn’t beat anyone from H2YL, we were all impressed by his skills. I played Azen 3rd round and lost the first match, unsurprisingly. However, in a shock to both me and Azen, I won the next two rounds and put Azen in loser’s, something that hadn’t happened in a local tourney since 2002.

Azen decided to add Peach and Sheik to his character roster to make sure he didn’t get knocked out of losers. I barely beat Chu’s Ganondorf (and Falcon I believe) in winner’s finals, and for a moment I thought I might finally get my first tournament win. Azen was tearing through losers however and I expected a rematch with him would result in a loss.

Anden ended in 7th, with Azen beating Mild in loser’s semis to put Mild in 4th. Jtanic was absent for the tourney, which meant another tourney with 4 of the 5 members of H2YL present taking top 4. I sat down for loser’s finals excited: maybe somehow Chu could take out Azen and set up an easy win for me.

Chu actually dominated the first match, 2 stocking Azen with low %. I saw Azen get serious and pick Sheik, but Chu was unrelenting and was leading the 2nd match till the very end. Loser’s finals were 2 out of 3 at this tourney, meaning if Chu could take one more stock, I’d face Chu in finals and have a strong chance to win my first tourney.

Azen never gave up though and ended up making a comeback on his last stock at over 100%; he then won the third match relatively easily. I was disappointed but I still believed I had a chance since I had taken out Azen in winners. Azen wasn’t just using Mario this time though; his backup character which was much scarier was his Sheik.

He did start with Mario though, and I beat him once again. My Fox was looking more and more like H2YL’s best behind Azen. He then switched to Sheik and never looked back. Azen’s Sheik was one of the best in the country despite not using her all that often, and within a match or two he went from beating me to ****** me. I specifically remember him doing techchases that were unheard of at the time and that I had never seen him do in friendlies, yet he was doing them consistently and effectively. Azen was stepping his game up to another level simply for this finals set, and I stood no chance. Azen ended up winning grand finals 3-1, then 3-0 to secure yet another tourney win and I was stuck in 2nd place.

H2YL still played regularly, but we all felt that our fests which provided a great source of consistent training wouldn’t last forever. Anden first told us that his family was moving to Arkansas in the summer of 04. We knew this would be a drastic change for Anden, and his Smash career would effectively be ended by it as long as he was in Arkansas. Jtanic was also moving, and although it was only to another city in Virginia he was also getting a new job and, being older than us, we could tell he had to move on from Smash.

Thus at the beginning of the Summer of 04, H2YL was down to 4 members who still played – Mild, Azen, Chu and I. Times were changing, and I could tell that the fests we had been doing regularly for almost 2 years that had turned us all into beasts were over. Nevertheless, with TG6 announced for the end of the summer as well as other majors earlier in the summer, Smash was nowhere near dead and we had to keep up. That’s when Mild and I decided to enter our first out-of-state tournament – whether our parents approved or not.

Top Bottom