• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Zgetto's Birthday Tournament:

1: zgetto
2: adam
3: remen
4: Jeapie
5: Faab
5: utto
7: Fernandez
7: JP
9: Rukker
9: Ser
9: Enig
9: Freek
13: Mizar
13: Witchblade
13: TrickerL
13: Ace
17: Four sword
17: Dennis
17: Thimo
17: Cortex
17: Shino
17: Guus

1: Derek&Hansel (Zgetto/Adam)
2: Man&meisje (Faab/Remen)
3: Grongingen (Jeapie/Fernandez)
4: Utto/Enig (Utto/Enig)
5: TrickerAce (Ace/TrickerL)
5: Mongolen (Jp/Freek)
7: Feyenoord (Shino/Guus)
7: Rukkers (Rukker/Thimo)

I know this is off topic , i just felt like posting it ^^

Im uploading teams first atm on Northernsmash.

Not that you guys are interested in europe vids or anything -_-

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
i love ur vids jeapie

are there any european docs? cuz i can't find any lol
lol thx. Im just trying to let you guys see that we can play too i guess.

We had the best doc mario of at least europe in Holland. His name was Dave/MrSilver/KirbySquad ( yeah he has 3 nicknames )

he is pretty old school though and was at his peak before i got into competitive smash.

I believe the ranking then was like

1 Dave
2 Amsah
3 Remen

Anyway this is far to way back in time for me so i dont know much about it.

So nope, nobody has a good doc in Holland =(

Maybe Germany or Sweden got one. I dont know any good docs there either though..

:urg:

Kanelol

Smash Lord
EU docs *****s ain't never heard of Gulpdat

i'm not sure if he's actually good it's just the only decent doc combo vid i've ever seen and he plays PAL :<

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
EU docs *****s ain't never heard of Gulpdat

i'm not sure if he's actually good it's just the only decent doc combo vid i've ever seen and he plays PAL :<
yea i saw that one too some time ago.
Gulpdat is German I think :)

Dont know how good he is either, the combo vid is **** though :awesome:

almost done uploading teams.. Not encoding smash vids sucks.
This takes like 40 min each match lol

'Zgetto's Bday tournament tourney matches that is '

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
I'm the only one in Sweden playing Doc in tournaments nowadays, and I suck a copious amount :/ There's good players who bust out Doc every now and then in friendlies, but as said, nobody plays him in tourneys.

This is now Doc Social

Shroomed

Smash Master
lol

i saw the gulpdat combo video but i don't judge from combo videos

UNLESS, all the clips are from tourney matches (which i think is the best way to make a combo video)

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
I know a sheik Who isnt gay. A beautifull sheik. Prettiest sheik in the world.
No im not talking about ams ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7HrRBzfQwU

you guys better watch the whole set cause it was hyperDUPEDURRhype!

edit: Actually I think this sheik has the most beautifull playing style in the whole world.
Followed by the strange **** faab does.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
What do you guys try to do when you do a ledgehop nair/uair and the opponent CC's it? What follows afterward always makes me cry, and I'm wondering if maybe like...buffer roll MIGHT work?

Things I'm starting to notice that **** me: People CC'ing my damn nairs, getting grabbed off techs AFTER I start running away(I'd understand if I rolled, but wtf...I'll tech, run away or through the opponent and they always regrab me lmao), and I always jab like after I hit their shield with an aerial. Pretty self-explanatory ways of solving all of these, but I figured I'd just post the problems I'm having for uh...no apparent reason I guess. If you'd like to drop some tidbits of info that you think I may not know about any of these scenarios, it'd be coolio =D

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
falcons aerial attacks are stupid good.
all his ground attacks are stupid.
if his aerials weren't good there would be no reason to play him.

silly rob. :)

go back to sheik boards dave. we dont like ur kind around here

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Things I'm starting to notice that **** me: People CC'ing my damn nairs,
You can space them so that you don't get auto-***** by CC. Don't try to grab them after your nair if you notice that they CCed it and you should be fine.

If you keep getting your ledgehop nair ***** that's a different story... stop ledgehop aerialing as much then. lol

getting grabbed off techs AFTER I start running away(I'd understand if I rolled, but wtf...I'll tech, run away or through the opponent and they always regrab me lmao)
Buffer roll for the most part, but once in a while throw in a raptor boost or fsmash if they keep going for this (but not doing it perfectly, so you have time to act). Both pull you back so you should be able to dodge and hit them.

and I always jab like after I hit their shield with an aerial.
Gentleman is safe on block =P

D

Deleted member

What do you guys try to do when you do a ledgehop nair/uair and the opponent CC's it? What follows afterward always makes me cry, and I'm wondering if maybe like...buffer roll MIGHT work?

Things I'm starting to notice that **** me: People CC'ing my damn nairs, getting grabbed off techs AFTER I start running away(I'd understand if I rolled, but wtf...I'll tech, run away or through the opponent and they always regrab me lmao), and I always jab like after I hit their shield with an aerial. Pretty self-explanatory ways of solving all of these, but I figured I'd just post the problems I'm having for uh...no apparent reason I guess. If you'd like to drop some tidbits of info that you think I may not know about any of these scenarios, it'd be coolio =D
if your opponent loves to crouch cancel your attacks from the edge you shouldn't n-air for sure, they can crouch first hit and then **** u before 2nd hit even comes out. I usually n-air from the edge until I get ***** at least twice for doing so

up-air i think is fine but depends on spacing

a bad habit a lot of people have is they always insist on attacking from the edge, sometimes its better just to double jump and waveland in place on the very tip. most people cover the perfect waveland and will miss till they adapt if they don't suck

n-airs being crouch cancelled --> you getting ***** can be avoided since falcon has very long legs. Space them further. Spacing your n-airs further also helps your gentlemens because really close blocked gentlemens get you owned at low percents.

Although 50-50 you can n-air dangerously and still gentlemen before they punish

Gentlemen is as good as shine IMO but shine you gotta be close while gentlemen you gotta be a tiny bit further away

If you have time to run and still get grabbed you can buffer stuff to get away.

doing a single jab after an aerial is alright, I like mixing n-air to gentlemens spaced well and throwing in 2 jabs to grab sometimes

Never be predictable. Doing nooby things will build history that make people cover that nooby option which in my opinion is GOOD if you change it up
Unless your opponent seriously cannot catch onto you, then never change

Shroomed

Smash Master
gentleman isn't always safe on block

i usmash OOS it a lot

unless ur hella gay and run away after (u can only run away if you spaced it far away)

superherox

Smash Rookie
Against Marths how should I approach his stupid long sword, since I can't just run up to him and knee without getting F smashed?
Also how should I recover against a marth?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Why do scrubs have such a hard time with Marth? W/e, first off youre playing falcon, he has ONE good approach and thats his nair. And you cant run up and knee anyone without getting ***** (unless youre in the situation to do so) but against marth youre suppose to dd in and out of his range and when he wiffs a move grab him or nair him or something just make sure you combo. Uthrow is better to combo marth btw (only if your opponent can di because marth can di downback and get out of dthrow combos).

$mike

Smash Ace
Why do scrubs have such a hard time with Marth? W/e, first off youre playing falcon, he has ONE good approach and thats his nair. And you cant run up and knee anyone without getting ***** (unless youre in the situation to do so) but against marth youre suppose to dd in and out of his range and when he wiffs a move grab him or nair him or something just make sure you combo. Uthrow is better to combo marth btw (only if your opponent can di because marth can di downback and get out of dthrow combos).
this is generally what you do when the marth is garbage

good marths will DD camp you harder than you DD camp them, and it becomes 10x more annoying to get a good hit

you gotta beat them with patience

D

Deleted member

what hax does is up-throw them onto a platform at low percents, double jump really fast knee them then knee again

its more efficient than fancy and i have obviously stole it

Top Bottom