• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Random Pokemon idea that I've had for a while but just sketched up really quick:

Another bat! Or a flying fox. Just wanted to get the creativity flowing again. Any ideas for a good typing, good ability, etc.? I was thinking Dark/Flying, specially-oriented, fast, and with an ability that has something to do with the sun.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
While somewhat generic, Dark / Flying seems like it would be the most fitting typing for the little guy. :3

I'm thinking a small movepool with 65 / 60 / 75 / 100 / 85 / 115 for a base stat spread?
A fitting ability could be Solar Power, where his strength is raised in sunlight but he suffers residual damage from it - because he is a bat after all.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
While somewhat generic, Dark / Flying seems like it would be the most fitting typing for the little guy. :3

I'm thinking a small movepool with 65 / 60 / 75 / 100 / 85 / 115 for a base stat spread?
A fitting ability could be Solar Power, where his strength is raised in sunlight but he suffers residual damage from it - because he is a bat after all.
Solar Power is the right idea (harmful side effect for being in the sun), but maybe we could come up with a more customized ability. How cutting his base Special Attack, and giving him an ability that doubles his Special Attack as long as the sunlight isn't harsh? :reverse:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So like.

Type: Dark / Flying
Base Stats: 65 / 60 / 75 / 50 / 85 / 115
Ability: Mindmap - Doubles Special attack stat.

Please feel free to come up with a better name than "Mindmap."

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
So like.

Type: Dark / Flying
Base Stats: 65 / 60 / 75 / 50 / 85 / 115
Ability: Mindmap - Doubles Special attack stat.

Please feel free to come up with a better name than "Mindmap."
Either that, or keep his Special Attack at 100+ and have his ability cut it in half when the sun shines. Which one of those would be better?

Also, the ability name could be Sun Aversion, or Dark Power (the opposite of Solar Power?).
Perhaps we could add built-in Leftovers recovery too?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well Mindmap is more of a Huge Power / Pure Power clone so something like Dark Power or Eclipse or something along those lines? Doubles his Sp. Atk. stat until the Sun comes out is a good idea though, Moozle.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well Mindmap is more of a Huge Power / Pure Power clone so something like Dark Power or Eclipse or something along those lines? Doubles his Sp. Atk. stat until the Sun comes out is a good idea though, Moozle.
Ooh, I like the sound of Eclipse. It even calls to mind vampires. :reverse:

Now for a name for the Pokemon itself....

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I have the drawing ready for this Pokemon, but the interesting theory behind it is that the base stats were determined by a random number generator. That said, the fitting ability I decided to give it was - Inconsistency.

Rangera
Type: Normal / Ghost
Ability: Inconsistency
Dream World: Unaware
Base Stats: 97 / 99 / 124 / 76 / 75 / 81

So through the generator, Rangera seems like a physically bulky attack with mediocre base Sp. Atk. and Sp. Def. stats, and carries okay Speed.

Offensive Movepool: Return, Double-Edge, Crush Claw, Fire Punch, Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Night Shade, Level Field

Support Movepool: Calm Mind, Will-o-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Skill Swap, Snatch, Claw Sharpen, Curse, Glare

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Rangera seems interesting, and it has artwork by Tery? :cool:

(I'd take Glare out of its movepool; unless it's a snake, it wouldn't really fit, and it already has Thunder Wave anyway)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
By "artwork' I mean my pathetic doodles which don't come close to being called a drawing, but if I can get a scanner I should be able to put it up.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
but... but... but... but... what does inconsistency do!?!!!!11!?!11!!?11!eleven?
God this post made me want the rep system back so I could appropriately use it here.

At the end of every turn, you get +2 in one random stat and -1 in a different random stat

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
God this post made me want the rep system back so I could appropriately use it here.

At the end of every turn, you get +2 in one random stat and -1 in a different random stat
lol rep system.

kk ty. is that a new 5th gen ability I'm unaware (lol unaware) of? or is it one that SWFdex came up with (that refuses to be found by the search function)?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Spire. Locow is. Beyond words.

I think a stat spread of:
108 / 102 / 122 / 75 / 75 / 75

Fantastic physical bulk with manageable physical attack, while the remaining special and speed stats are below average. Not sure if this is what you intended, but I tried. ^^

I really like the art, though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I intended nothing statistically. I'm just an artist :p You guys can figure that stuff out.

And thanks!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Lowcow
Type: Normal / Poison
Ability: Poison Heal / Thick Fat
Dream World: Reckless
Base Stats: 108 / 102 / 125 / 75 / 75 / 75

Offensive Movepool: Stomp, Rollout, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Fire Punch, Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Rockslide, Double Kick, Mega Kick, Mega Punch, Iron Tail, Body Slam
Support Movepool: Gastro Acid, Milk Drink, Curse, Focus Energy, Roar

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
did anyone actually click the link to his DA page?

locow is a werewolf-cow... thing. I assume his poision type is in reference to either the were-cow affliction or to his Mad-Cow-Disease... not to any actual poisonous attributes.

It seems like he'd probably have moves more along the line of crunch and poison fang, rather than gastro acid, sludge bomb and poison jab... Maybe that's just me tho.

Just another thought then... maybe he'd have some sort of ability (werecow?) where biting attacks change his targets ability to match his own. (kinda like the way mummy works in genV)

Spire

III
BRoomer
@flyinfilipino - no relation to Miltank. And lol at Low Cal Cow. Hadn't thought of that one!
@Tery - read below vvv
@Neherazade - thanks for clarifying that. YEAH. Not poison like Muk poison, poison like disease. Crunch and poison fang would be perfect. Don't shy from giving him a number of dark type moves, because he was originally Normal/Dark before the concept influenced the change to Normal/Poison.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Lowcow
Type: Normal / Poison
Ability: Poison Heal / Thick Fat
Dream World: Reckless
Base Stats: 108 / 102 / 125 / 75 / 75 / 75

Offensive Movepool: Stomp, Rollout, Poison Jab, Crunch, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Bite, Hyper Fang, Super Fang, Rockslide, Double Kick, Thrash, Iron Tail, Body Slam, Outrage
Support Movepool: Gastro Acid, Milk Drink, Curse, Focus Energy, Roar, Toxic, Tail Whip, Screech
I added some more moves which match said editions of Locow. Tell me what you think. :)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Some of those ideas are really interesting, UberMario. That's a lot of dogs. o_o A lot of ideas in general, kudos.

Now that I'm done with exams for the most part, I might take a shot at sketching a couple of those. :bee:

EDIT: By the way, I really like the concept behind Roastoad, I like the potential ability of Pezzt, and I love the names Roachid, Fleap, and Accelerot/Speedah. Come to think of it, Velocelot is a cool-sounding name too. Yay physics

UberMario

Smash Master
q: what is the "Data" type?
It's a new type which I created that the Porygon line would be moved over to. It has a resistance to Normal, Ground, and Steel, and a weakness to Water and Electricity. It'd have several new attacks, but at least one old attack would have a behavioral change when used with a Data type: Minimize. When Minimize is used by a Data-type, they will exit the battlefield and be replaced by another Pokemon from the player's lineup, which will choose an attack at random (Minimizes CAN be stacked for mindgames, until there's only one pokemon left of course, in which case it will fail), however, after three turns of using the "substitute", each following turn will result in a 50% chance of the last Data-type to use Minimize swapping in after the previous pokemon is done attacking. If the "substitute" pokemon is KO'd, the Minimize-using Data-type will automatically return to the battlefield, regardless whether or not there are other Pokemon in your party.

Some of those ideas are really interesting, UberMario. That's a lot of dogs. o_o A lot of ideas in general, kudos.
Thanks! Yeah, I did have a lot of dogs, I just thought it was time for a new Pokemon line similar to Eevee's, because there's only so much you can do with cats. lol

Now that I'm done with exams for the most part, I might take a shot at sketching a couple of those. :bee:
Sweet! If any in particular come to mind, I can send you a "rough draft" of their designs and a slightly more detailed description of what I pictured them to be.

EDIT: By the way, I really like the concept behind Roastoad, I like the potential ability of Pezzt, and I love the names Roachid, Fleap, and Accelerot/Speedah. Come to think of it, Velocelot is a cool-sounding name too. Yay physics
Velocelot is a really good idea, may I use it? And I'm thinking about renaming Serun to "Swerval", just because, looking back at what I wrote, Serun doesn't seem like it fits.

EDIT: Wow, I have a lot of url tags and descriptions to fix, I guess I rushed through some a lot of them without proof-reading. lol

Spire

III
BRoomer
But Eevee is like a catfox. I'm pretty sure it was designed to be the perfect hybrid between the two, thus being this nice little bundle of "cute evolution concept incarnate" as a mammal because cats and dogs are the most widespread pets. But its evolutions are a tad bit more feline than canine. I guess that's because feline traits are more dominant. You can't merge a sleek, majestic cat with a big, bulky dog. In order to find a medium between the two, you basically recognize that there are also sleek, majestic dogs as well, so when you hybridize that with a cat, you get something that innately looks more feline.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Sweet! If any in particular come to mind, I can send you a "rough draft" of their designs and a slightly more detailed description of what I pictured them to be.

Velocelot is a really good idea, may I use it? And I'm thinking about renaming Serun to "Swerval", just because, looking back at what I wrote, Serun doesn't seem like it fits.
Yeah, I'll let you know when I'm in a more creative mood. :bee:

I was feeling a little inspired earlier and

1) colored in the flying fox I drew up earlier (with my poor coloring skills)

and 2) drew up an idea for a Corsola pre-evo: Corsalin!

Pokedex:
- Its brittle horn breaks off easiily but regenerates quickly. It was once used as a form of currency.
- Its exoskeleton is prized for its exquisite beauty. It is said to have inspired an art form centuries ago.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That Corsola pre-evolution is so cute~~~
The color scheme doesn't quite match Corsola's, however. Then again, it's not like every Pokemon evolutionary line needs to synch in color.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I really like your style flyinfilipino. Your Pokémon feel like they fit in well with the new gens.

I hope that one day, we (as in all of us) can muster up a very well designed 150-creature Pokédex, namely the sprites.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I really like your style flyinfilipino. Your Pokémon feel like they fit in well with the new gens.

I hope that one day, we (as in all of us) can muster up a very well designed 150-creature Pokédex, namely the sprites.
Thanks Spire! I hope we can iron out a good Dex too. I'm not a spriter, but I guess there are no shortages of those around here.

I namesearched and now I'm posting here.
Welcome! Looking forward to your contributions!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure it was a joke post, I ended up bringing up "his" name in the description for my data legendary: RamZ. :p
Oh. :c

Well anyway, I went back and redrew and colored some of my older entries (some of my ideas ended up appearing in the 5th gen, like my Fire/Ghost lantern). Their stats and moves and stuff could use some updating too, I guess, with the additions of new 5th gen moves and abilities.

Tamboo
Grass type

Original post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9336889&postcount=157

Samboo
Grass/Fighting type

Original post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9336889&postcount=157

Weedzy
Grass/Water type

Original post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9378730&postcount=407

Sargala
Grass/Water type

(Sargala is a new addition and would evolve into Kelpent, but I haven't gotten to redrawing it yet)

Top Bottom