• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: The Gay Tier List

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Man, you guys john too much about lolimar. Ike's jab says hi, so move lolimar down a bit.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Mr. Doom, here is why Olimar is the gayest char in the game.

-Grabs you from anywhere
-Racks damage better than Peach
-Kills as well as Snake
-Sometimes, when your move is supposed to go through his, his pikmin desynchs and it kills you cause it was an Usmash because ITS ALWAYS AN USMASH
-Nair has infinite priority
-refreshes his moves with pikmin latches, as though he needs his moves to be refreshed
-Grabs kill
-sometimes, Olimar is even too gay for himself to handle, and his pikmin, knowing this, refuse to grab the ledge with upB even though there's no reason why they shouldn't, and he dies at 10%
-FKIN WHISTLE
-olimar is a light char but can tank damage and live forever with whistle and good DI (cause THAT's hard)
-yes I said whistle twice DEAL WITH IT BECAUSE WHISTLE IS ****ING GAY AND BROKEN (3 times)
-fast aerials with not that much lag for sneaky kills (cause he needs more kill options)
-yellow pikmin break every rule of pikmin: ie. Olimar players will often tell you "boo hoo, my character has no priority" AND THEN THEY HIT YOU THROUGH YOUR HIGH PRIORITY AERIAL WITH A YELLOW BECAUSE OLIMAR HAS NO PRIORITY (except for yellows, whoops!)
-purples hit you out of the air when thrown
- fastfall nair to Usmash = INSTANT KILL SETUP (cause olimar needs an instant kill setup)
- he has a spike, which is ******** strong and hits you up instead of down half the time and you're like 'yeah! i didnt get spiked' but then you realize you're playing against Olimar and the spike kills you vertically anyways because all his moves kill at 90%
- he gets rewarded for running away and throwing pikmin (read: playing like a ******) because he's impossible to approach

**** OLIMAR

(yeah my char beats him and i usually beat olimars but **** HIM ANYWAYS he is by far the most ******** and gay char in the game)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Nicole got some anger for a little spaceman who abuses pikmin and even makes Mew2king shaking in his boots. I applaud this rage.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Don't you use peach? This is why I am still confused at your statement :rotfl:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

(yeah my char beats him and i usually beat olimars but **** HIM ANYWAYS he is by far the most ******** and gay char in the game)
Also keep in mind to place characters based on how stupid and ******** they are to play against for everyone, not just you.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yeah, I suppose you're about to dislike KS for its guerrilla warfare tactics in a little bit.

Nicole

Smash Champion
^ uh, MO has...

TWO ice climbers
one olimar
one falco
one peach
one link zamus
one king f4ggot (d3)

all those chars except for zamus (who's in A tier) are in S tier (or olimar tier). I don't know how you think you're gonna be beating us at gayness.

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
Yoshi is so gay. I hate him.

He's like "LOLL JAAAAB, OMG you are trying to LAND, PIVOT GRAB, YOU SUCK...oh, I seee youve decided to land away from me omggggg DUMMMMMY I THROW AN EGG AND YOU GET HIT lolololol. Wait, you airdodged, or maybe perfect shielded? LAWL EGG EXPOSION STILL HITS. Damn, you got in and knocked me off the staggge. afk. Oh wait, I CAN CAMP THE LEDGE WITH EGGS LOL @ YOUR SHIELD."

That's what he says. Real talk.
first post on SWF that literally made me lol

Dnyce

Smash Master
Mr. Doom, here is why Olimar is the gayest char in the game.

-Grabs you from anywhere
-Racks damage better than Peach
-Kills as well as Snake
-Sometimes, when your move is supposed to go through his, his pikmin desynchs and it kills you cause it was an Usmash because ITS ALWAYS A PUPLE USMASH *fixed*
-Nair has infinite priority
-refreshes his moves with pikmin latches, as though he needs his moves to be refreshed
-Grabs kill
-sometimes, Olimar is even too gay for himself to handle, and his pikmin, knowing this, refuse to grab the ledge with upB even though there's no reason why they shouldn't, and he dies at 10%
-FKIN WHISTLE
-olimar is a light char but can tank damage and live forever with whistle and good DI (cause THAT's hard)
-yes I said whistle twice DEAL WITH IT BECAUSE WHISTLE IS ****ING GAY AND BROKEN (3 times)
-fast aerials with not that much lag for sneaky kills (cause he needs more kill options)
-yellow pikmin break every rule of pikmin: ie. Olimar players will often tell you "boo hoo, my character has no priority" AND THEN THEY HIT YOU THROUGH YOUR HIGH PRIORITY AERIAL WITH A YELLOW BECAUSE OLIMAR HAS NO PRIORITY (except for yellows, whoops!)
-purples hit you out of the air when thrown
- fastfall nair to Usmash = INSTANT KILL SETUP (cause olimar needs an instant kill setup)
- he has a spike, which is ******** strong and hits you up instead of down half the time and you're like 'yeah! i didnt get spiked' but then you realize you're playing against Olimar and the spike kills you vertically anyways because all his moves kill at 90%
- he gets rewarded for running away and throwing pikmin (read: playing like a ******) because he's impossible to approach

**** OLIMAR

-Olimar's grab only affects the ground, stay in the air moar (don't land near him)
-use a move that safely removes pikmin, you have 30 frames before latch damage, it's like avoiding bowser's forward smash (cept you get 4 more frames)... and how many times do you get hit with that? not too hard imo
-Kills as well as snake... minus having the ability to safely land said kill moves
-Space better, olimar can only desync if the hitbox comes out before you hit him, or if you hit his shield (just jump away, it's not like olimar has great oos options if you just don't hit his shield)
-nair has decent priority, but like every multi hit move you can SDI out... also Lol at jumping at opponent and risk losing a stock
-kill the pikmin before they do damage, olimar only gets 1 refresh on pikmin latch... if latch hits multiple times it only counts as 1 refresh
-hold up and bthrow/fthrow KB get cut in half... uthrow can be DI'd on reaction cause it's hella slow... just always hold up until you see olimar doing something different
-sounds like a reason olimar isn't gay
- whistle is pretty cool, he's got to have at least ONE good thing about him
- he dies under 40... once he's over 40-60 it's like he actually gets a stock.... just rush his *** down he's in KO % from 0-40;120+
- whistle is pretty cool ;o
- frame 7 is the faster aerial he has... it's pretty standard, and the have plenty of lag, none of them auto cancel either
- yellows have the same priority as all the other pikmin, they're just more disjointed
- a character with a short range projectile? that ******* sakurai... what was he thinking?
- nair to usmash isn't a reliable kill set-up at all. hold down and press shield... most chars can pshield it (FF nair doubles the landing lag). play a character that can't? it's okay, just SDI it like all the other multihit moves in the game. Also, you play peach... just mash nair, nair beats usmash. or you can just shield it, and tilt your shield(like nado or something) and **** him with an OoS option, now rack damage off stage or gimp him. If your lucky he already used his second jump.
- olimar off stage... spike? LOL... captain falcon has a spike that has the exact same properties. avoid it, punish him cause the move has ridiculous cool down, and then grab the ledge... -1 stock
- only works if he has the lead... and even if he does, he dies in the percents that matter to have a lead

Olimar is worthless/unviable
Learn the MU

Nicole

Smash Champion
@fino, i have learned the MU, that's why i beat your olimar every time we play (if its not on one of your cps) now and you go ICs to try to beat me :psycho:

OLIMAR IS STILL HELLA GAY!!!

(dont you have some char that you hate? well mine is olimar. sorry that you play him.)

Teh Future

Smash Master

blah blah blah im a dum ****** whos posts in vibrant gay colors for no reason
Learn the MU
fino stfu olimars grab is 30 frames bull**** i know his grab is broken because i played olimar once and could grab people from across the entire stage

also lol at kill johns yeah upsmash is SOoOOOOooooOOo hard to land and when you miss you definitely get punished(and by punished i mean 99.99999999% of upsmashes go unpunished because olimar is stupid and broken and when you try to punish things he does you die at 80% because hes the best character in the game

Cook

Smash Master
fino stfu olimars grab is 30 frames bull**** i know his grab is broken because i played olimar once and could grab people from across the entire stage

also lol at kill johns yeah upsmash is SOoOOOOooooOOo hard to land and when you miss you definitely get punished(and by punished i mean 99.99999999% of upsmashes go unpunished because olimar is stupid and broken and when you try to punish things he does you die at 80% because hes the best character in the game
Whereas when you try to punish ICs when they do something ******** (like random squall hammer) you get grabbed and die at 0%.

Dnyce

Smash Master
@fino, i have learned the MU, that's why i beat your olimar every time we play (if its not on one of your cps) now and you go ICs to try to beat me :psycho:
$1 money matches determine EVERYTHING nowadays and CPing a character once for fun means I gave up on the MU, I forgot. Thanks for enlightening me.
Also... I've placed/played like **** since cbus (until just recently @ BA), so idk what you're trying to accomplish with your post.

Olimar's latch it 30 frames, not his grab. latch... you know... the one where I throw pikmin and they rack damage over time? You prolly can't tell the difference in Olimar's moves since blizzard out prioritizes everything olimar has AND combos into grabs that kill... I mean... just whor that shiz out.

The only stage where you can grab people from across the entire stage is the ice phase on PS2. It requires some luck but they instantly break out regardless if you buffer the throw.

Also, like I said, learn the match-up. If olimar's usmash is stupid risky to go for if your opponent actually knows what they're doing. Otherwise you can lol2008/9 and just spam it for free kills I guess, but since when does playing bad people ever count? People are ******** and try to shield grab olimar's upsmash, even though it rarely works, and they get hit by dsmash for being ********.... I mean yeah, usmash goes unpunished if you have no clue what to do. Stay free future ;o

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
This thread got dumb real quick. Maybe I should send you all to my clinic where I'll treat you with some modded Doom levels. Then you'll see the light.

Teh Future

Smash Master
this thread was made to unreasonably complain about every character you find annoying to play against. fino ruined it by trying to defend his broken character

Dnyce

Smash Master
I just thought it was dumb that 90% of the reasons people were complaining why Olimar is gay could be solved simply by learning the match-up.

Cook

Smash Master
^Whoever the gayest character is, you would play him, because you like to play the gayest. You do not Olimar, therefore he can't be the gayest character. Guess that makes it TL?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Can I vote Nana for gayest character, or does that not count?

Nicole

Smash Champion

$1 money matches determine EVERYTHING nowadays and CPing a character once for fun means I gave up on the MU, I forgot. Thanks for enlightening me.
Also... I've placed/played like **** since cbus (until just recently @ BA), so idk what you're trying to accomplish with your post.
You know what fino?

THEY WERE $2 MONEY MATCHES.

^I make a good point.

But seriously, this thread is meant to john and complain unreasonably about characters. Lighten up and complain about some character that you hate. Of course I know the Olimar matchup and my wall of text is an exaggeration, that's the point...also just cause some character is "unviable" doesn't mean they aren't gay, look at Samus.

Top Bottom