• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 9: [Now Defunct]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
We now inturrupt these comments to bring you something different

TETRIS

In Soviet Russia, Tetris plays you!
Tetris is one of the worlds most popular and addicting puzzle games. It's now invading Smash Bros.

HOW IT'S PLAYED:
You, the Smasher, are essentially playing Tetris in a Smash Bros. Match. YOU control what block comes out next, and where each block falls. The Blocks come from the center of the top of the screen, or the closest opening to the center. They fall at the speed of Charizards slowest walk, but that can be changed with certain moves. No arms, or teeth, or anything for that matter, the Blocks are inanimate objects, so no grabs. Since you control each Block while its in the air, each move is technically an Aerial, so no specific section for those either.

HOW TO K.O TETRIS
Once Blocks are out, it is possible for opponents to pick them up and throw them like a crate. If they are in the air, you can hit them with aerials to knock them away. There are two ways to actually score a K.O against Tetris: Throw 12 Blocks out of a Blast Zone, or get a wall of blocks to reach the center of the top Blast Zone. Both will make Tetris lose a stock, as well as make all of the blocks on the screen disappear.

HOW TO KO OPPONENTS
Tetris scores Damage and KOs by completing lines of 10 blocks(1 of the 4 individual blocks that make up the Tetris Blocks)or more. Any break in a row will result in the row not being completed(ie: Having a row of 9 blocks, making it impossible to finish the row, then putting a block a gap away), therefore not worth anything. If a single row is completed, a flash of light will go off, causing the row to disappear, and all the other rows to fall. This does damage based off of how many blocks were in that row: 12 blocks=12% damage, 13=13% ect. This will also do knockback that kills at 200%. Getting a Double will, of course double the damage based on how many blocks where in the highest row, and deal knockback that kills at 150%. A Triple deals Triple damage based on how many where in the top row, and knockback that kills at 100%. A Tetris quadruples your damage dealt based on the top row, and kills at 50%.
Sound Easy? Remember, your opponents can move your blocks around.

SPECIALS

Neutral Special: L Block
An L Block appears at the top center of the screen. It moves at a snails pace going down. It is about Olimars height. You play around with the control stick, but it doesnt seem to move. Maybe you should try some other moves...

Up Special: T Block
A T Block apears at the top center of the screen. It moves at a snails pace going down. It is a bit shorter, yet wider than Olimar at the top. You play around with the control stick, but it doesn't seem to move. Maybe you should try some other moves...

Side Special: Z Block
A Z Block appears at the top center of the screen. It moves at a snails pace coming down. Its the same height as T Block, and is slightly wider. You play with the control stick, but nothing seems to happen. Maybe you should try some other moves...

Down Special: Square Block
A Square Block appears at the top center of the screen. It moves at snails pace going down. Its as tall as T and Z block, but is half the width of Z Block. You play around with the control stick, but it doesn't seem to move. Maybe you should try some other moves...

Note:You only control the movement of one block at a time. Once a block hits the ground, or the Special Button is pressed again, you are now in control of a new block.

SMASHES

SIDE SMASH: MOVE LEFT/RIGHT
When using this move, the block you are using will move half of Olimar's width to the left or right, whichever way you imputted it. While this CAN work for other controllers, GCube's C-stick works out best for this.

Up Smash: Slow Down
As if a Block doesn't move slow enough! While this can be used at any time, slowing the block down to a near halt, it's mostly used to bring the block back to normal speed after use of Down Smash.

Down Smash: Speed Up
Using this move causes the Block to fall at Falco's Dash speed. It becomes harder to move around because of the speed. Anyone hit while its falling is dealt 5% damage and small knockback. This move CAN break the smash ball.

STANDARDS

Neutral Standard: Woah, they're in 3D!
Whichever block you are controlling atm will flip to its side, meaning its side will now be in front, and its front at its side. You can now move around like this. No other flip may be used while in this position.

Forward/Back Tilt: Standard Flip
Using this move will cause the block to flip in standard Tetris fashion, depending on which side you held down. Simple, yet effective!

Up/Down Tilt: Upside-down flip
Depending on which direction the control stick was held, the Block will flip upside-down accordingly. Simple, yet once again effective!

FINAL SMASH: STRAIGHT BLOCK
The Straight block is the thinnest and tallest block, and is necessary for getting a Tetris. It is impossible to do so without it. For 10 seconds, every time you imput the special button, you get a straight block, which you can control just be using the control stick. It falls normally at Falco's dash speed, meaning you should be able to get at least 1 Tetris in during this time.

Playstyle
Tetris's playstyle changes for each stage its on. To play as Tetris, you'll need to be able to strategize well enough to create obstacles good enough for keeping your opponents occupied while you do your rows. Down Smash is your ONLY offensive move, and it will be used quite often. Tetris works well as a team character, too, as your partener holds off your opposing team while you get ready to deliver a final blow with a Triple.

Authors Notes: This moveset was made today while I was bored out of my mind in study hall. I don't expect it to be taken all that seriously, but I do count it as my first contrabution to MYM 9.

Fun fact: this moveset was made in exactly 1 hour, 17 minutes, and 33 seconds. It took almost 3 times as long to type :p

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
I'll start this off by saying, I'm excited to see you commenting now Thrice, and you really do take care to make comments of significance.

Now then, to address your concerns.

First of all, I think our conceptions of how Spikes works is a little different. Spikes are much easier to knock away than you give them credit for. I do have to say that they do disappear when you've been KO'd, just like Leech Seed. I just didn't think it was necessary to clarify that. An opponent with an attack with a nice large hitbox could knock them all away while they're being launched, and even if you are hit by them, they're little more than annoyances.

Sure, you could slowly inch through the field spamming Dtilts to knock them away, but yeah, you'll be punished for doing it, and honestly should be for trying that. You can just more or less ignore them to try to actually hit Nattorei, and it'll boost the opponent's damage, but that's honestly in the better interest of the player.

Gyro Ball, with Snare and the Zair, certainly can be a powerful potential KO move. But as I mentioned, it takes a while to get going into actually powerful damage. I didn't specify exactly how much, but suffice to say, you'd need a lot of space from your enemy in order to actually spin long enough to whack the foe with your sped up spinning barbs.

Rollout also was only supposed to be a very short roll, but that was a mistake on my part that I didn't clear the distance he rolled up. To put it succinctly, it might be slightly more than a battlefield platform. Due to the way spikes are arranged when they're thrown, it'd be hard to get more than three in that range.

I also didn't describe exactly the motion of the Forward Aerial when used as a mobility buff, but it'd be more like skimming slightly along the ground, and it'd be punishable during and immediately after the animation.

One thing you do have to remember Thrice is that, while Nattorei is certainly capable of absolutely furious control and punishment in short bursts, if he does, he's completely punishable until he manages to get his spines back in place, where his only defense is his Iron Barbs.

I do appreciate the fact that we do have someone in Make Your Move who cares more than an iota about balance; we've been more or less 'winging' balance for too long.

Now then, on to more comments.

Muk

Muk is a pretty cool Pokemon, and you've got a decent enough concept behind him. Spreading sludge all over the place to smack the foe with? Certainly a good enough idea.

His special mechanic lets him cover the entirety of Final Destination in 15 seconds though. While that's not broken in itself; he really needs it to be effective, the problem is when he's got a bunch of other moves like Sludge Bomb that are focused on spreading his sludge further, it seems to be redundant. The Down Tilt for example seems to be pretty unnecessary when he's got no real reason to connect them that way when he's already got Sludge Bomb to toxify platforms anyways.

A couple of moves feel like odd interpretations too. Harden doesn't sit quite right with me as Harden at all, and Payback seems awkward too. The fact that he can raise the entire stage up into the air with it is completely ridiculous too. Even if he 'becomes' part of the stage, he's got no point of reference to lift the stage from. It's a rather awkward move to have.

The platform based gameplay also just doesn't sit right with me, as it doesn't feel like what I'd expect Muk to be doing. It does have some tactical merit with creating ways to stick the foe and build more damage, but it doesn't really fit into what I would conceive of Muk.

I do take great issue with the raw number of missing moves. No Dash Attack, Mirrored Throws, and a directional aerial in place of the Dair, Uair, Fair, and Bair is just plain sloppy. I don't care if a character doesn't have much need of the air, it still needs those moves to be a full set.

Mukk isn't awful, but he's certainly not my kind of set. The stuffy writing style, awkward moves, and slightly out of character tactics made it rather underwhelming for me, and not up to par with Weezing. Still, best of luck with the next set.

Arle Nadja

Hey, another newcomer set! It's great to have you!

Arle Nadja has a lot of cool stuff to it. The moves are all generally well thought-out and detailed, and you've got a more interesting grab-game than average with the creative throws and carbuncle's interactions with them. I'm especially impressed with how the Daicutes fit into both her Spell Bombs and her Smashes as a resource, weapon, and healing tool all in one.

I do want to ask why you measure everything in /10. While that makes some sense for relative power or weight, it's not as exact as a kill percentage is when you want to express knockback, and it's especially confusing when you're talking about range. You mention how the Side Special moves her 30/10. Well, I'm afraid I don't know exactly what that means.

The moveset is also a little jumbled to read and has several spelling and grammatical errors, but those can all be touched up with practice. You've got a nice little playstyle, and an extremely unique moveset here, one that stands out from the rest of the sets posted here, and it's clear you built up all of your ideas from the ground up.

I wish you best of luck with further sets, and urge you to keep reading more sets and making new, even better sets of your own!

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Mawile

Sew. Mawile. I always forget this guy exists, mostly because I only really played Sapphire and he's in like...what? One location? Also, what on -EARTH- is it supposed to be?

That's beside the point though; I always need my silly comment intros you see? So! What you have here is pretty cool in some spots. Trickery is really nifty and plays off of Mawile's false head pretty well; it's very appropriate to say the very least. I certainly like that it creates a good deal of mindgames simply because of how difficult it is to see Mawile switching it up. I also like how the move is more than simply swapping which side is which by giving him unique front and even back tilts depending on which direction is active.

I will agree with cutter that there is a bit of Pokemon Syndrome. As he mentioned, Shadow Ball kind of sticks out among the moves as a move most people wouldn't normally associate with Mawile (probably associating it with say Gengar or Mewtwo). It's not gonna break the set or anything though, plenty of solid ideas here to support slight Pokemon Syndrome. Also, while I know the gray-ish colors are fairly suiting for Mawile, it makes the set look rather dull from a glance. While of course appearance isn't everything, it does make it much more enjoyable to read a set if it looks good.

There are certainly some signs of playstyle here as well. I could see how one could conceal Mawile with the face-side's dtilt, switch "fronts" and then use the jaws-side's dtilt to burrow under the ground and perform a sneak attack. So yeah, you do a pretty good job of representing Mawile's deceptive nature via this set. Good stuff here.

Tetris

Bah. Storytime MYM. Back in MYM2 near the veeeeeeeeeeeery beginning of the contest, I posted my very first moveset ever. L Block. Ever since that day, I determined that my last moveset in MYM would be for Tetris, as a tribute to my first set. But now YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING! (CRYING#)

Just kidding of course. Interesting to see what you did with this, especially since the thought process for it was so short. Sew...what you pretty much did was port Tetris into Brawl. The KO method for Tetris was expected but I find it interesting that you allowed the opponents to pick up and hurl pieces of him. Pretty nifty.

One thing I'd change however is the flipping method for Tetris. You have it set to the tilts. . .but if you're in say a hectic rush to place blocks, you could easily end up smashing the input. Perhaps the shield buttons could be effective? Replace rolls with it?

Either way, nifty job here. Also, you've just kept me in MYM forever now (CRS) ;)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Alright, here goes with my first moveset!

Dark Samus
After Samus defeated Metroid Prime on Tallon IV by absorbing Phazon and using it as a weapon against Metroid Prime, the creature began to destabilize, and in a desperate move, it absorbed her Phazon Suit and subsequently exploded. As Samus left the planet, a new creature was born from Samus' DNA and the remains of Metroid Prime, using Samus' Phazon Suit as a mold to contain its new body...
the creature known as Dark Samus.

Phazon Mechanic:

As Dark Samus is a being of pure Phazon, many of her attacks corrupt the victim when they connect. When Dark Samus is in a brawl, there is a second light blue percentage underneath each character's damage. This represents their corruption. For every percentage point of Phazon corruption a character takes, the damage and knockback done by their moves increases by a factor of 0.01. (For example, if a character is at 50% corruption, all damage and knockback is multiplied by 1.5) In addition, they will begin to glow blue as they collect more corruption.

However, once someone reaches 100% corruption, they instantly lose a stock and become a computer-controlled ally of Dark Samus.

Note:
Dark Samus herself or other phazon-based characters cannot be corrupted by Phazon. Every point of Phazon corruption done to them is therefore translated to normal damage.

Additional note:
In the event of multiple Dark samus players, any corrupted opponent will become the ally of the dark samus that inflicted more of the corruption.

Stats:​

Size: 6/10
Weight: 7/10
Range: 10/10
Priority: 4/10
Recovery: 7/10
Falling speed: 6/10
Power: 3/10
Aerial movement: 6/10
Traction: 5/10
Attack speed: 7/10
Movement: 6/10
Jumps: 6/10
Crouch: 8/10
Crawl: 10/10

Dark Samus has average stats with a few exceptions. She can hit you across the stage, and she can't kill. But who needs to kill when you can corrupt your enemies instead?

Note:
Dark Samus's crouch is to turn into morphball, and therefore the crawl (rolling in morphball form) is in fact better than her walking speed.

Specials:

Neutral B: Charge beam
Upon first pressing the button, Dark Samus begins charging her weapon. However, unlike her heroic counterpart, Dark samus can move around while charging, and use both jumps. However, being dealt 7% or more damage in one hit will cancel the charge. Dark samus can attack, dodge, or use other specials while charging, but this will also cancel the charge.

Upon pressing the B button again, Dark Samus will shoot a stream of Phazon blasts (they look similar to wolf's blaster shots) directly in front of her at the rate of Fox's blaster. These travel at the speed of Pikachu's run, and each individual blast does 2% damage with 1% corruption and minimal knockback. At minimum charge, Dark Samus will shoot a measly 3 blasts, but at maximum charge (which takes a full second), Dark Samus will shoot a deadly 20 blasts! The beginning lag is short, being only 10 frames, but the afterlag is pretty bad, so don't miss.

This move is an excellent damage and corruption racker, and is great for edgeguarding as well thanks to it's long duration.

Side B: Phazon Missile
This works exactly the same as the super missile version of Samus's side B, doing 10% damage with 5% corruption.

Down B: Phazon Spray
Dark Samus aims her arm cannon towards the ground, and shoots a blast of pure phazon downwards (which looks like a light-blue wave). The blast covers the width of a stage builder block centered directly below Dark Samus, and travels at the speed of Ganondorf's walk until hitting something. It does only 2% damage, 5% corruption and has horrible lag (similar to Ganon's warlock punch), so why bother? Because, if these blasts hit the floor, it creates a pool of phazon that lasts 10 seconds, and heals Dark Samus (as well as any other phazon-based/corrupted characters) at a rate of 2% per second. In addition, any non phazon-based characters get corrupted at a rate of 1% per second they stand in the phazon. This attack can also be used to edgeguard people below you if you jump and use it offstage.

Up B: Dark echoes
Dark samus does a somersault into the air, traveling up the length of Samus's screw attack, and leaving behind a dark echo. This dark echo is a computer controlled version of dark samus (with a darker color scheme), but only has 20% stamina, and spawns in helpless if used in midair. In addition, Dark samus takes 10% damage due to the energy needed to create this dark echo. Only 2 dark echoes can be on the screen at one time, using it again while 2 are already out will disintegrate the first one placed. On the bright side, this attack does not send Dark samus into helpless and she can use it again immediately, meaning she can recover from almost anything (but take a lot of damage doing so.)

Note: In order to prevent stalling, this attack can be used a maximum of 5 times before reaching solid ground.

Arials:​

N-air:
The end of Dark Samus's cannon unfolds, revealing a small clawlike mechanism. Using this, Dark Samus lunges out and grabs the opponent. The range and lag is similar to that of a normal grab, and the attack does no damage or corruption, but leaves the enemy in a grabbed state. The throws will be described later in this moveset.

F-air:
Dark samus does the iconic screw attack. This move is similar to Samus's up B, but travels forwards (in a slight downwards arc) instead of vertically, covering a distance similar to Samus's screw attack horizontally, and 1/3rd of a stage builder block downwards vertically. Additionally, this move can be chained: By pressing A again before it ends, you will repeat the move (with no startup lag), thus enabling you to travel long horizontal distances with ease. However, to balance it out, the move itself is rather poor, doing a paltry 5% damage with slight downwards knockback, bad priority, and a hitbox limited to Dark Samus. Lag is pretty bad on both ends.

B-air:
Dark Samus turns around in midair, firing a shot (in the new direction she's facing) while she does so. The shot is comparable to one of wolf's blaster bolts in size and speed, and does a small 4% damage and 2% corruption with minimal knockback. The main use of this technique is simply to turn around in midiar, thus letting you use your other air attacks in the correct direction. Lag is low on both ends.

D-air:
Dark Samus charges up before firing a shot downwards at a 45 degree angle, doing 7% damage with 4% corruption, and nice downwards knockback. Ordinary startup lag, but almost no ending lag. The shot itself travels at the speed of mario's run, and will continue until it hits something.

U-air: The one, the only, RANDOM FLIPKICK!
You knew this was coming. Similar to Mario's up air, doing 7% damage, average lag on both ends.

Grab game:
Dark Samus's normal grab is very similar to the N-air, with the main difference being (you know...) that it's on the ground.

Pummel:
Dark samus injects Phazon into her victim using the arm cannon, with average speed, and 1% phazon corruption. Notable in that it's one of the few ways Dark samus can corrupt an opponent without damaging them.

F-throw:
Dark samus simply tosses her opponent at a 45 degree downwards angle, with low knockback and 5% damage. Good setup for a tech chase, by a D-air if in the air, or a F-tilt/grab/F-smash when on the ground.

B-throw:
Dark samus fires a blast behind her, launching the opponent with it. Does a nice 10% damage and 5% corruption with good knockback. Nice way to get the opponent out of the imminent vicinity, and can potentially KO offstage.

U-throw:
Dark samus tosses her opponent up. Does 5% damage, and can potentially be followed up with an U-smash/U-tilt.

D-throw:
Dark samus foostools the opponent while simultaneously firing a blast downwards, thus leaving them with 8% damage, 4% corruption, and in a footstooled state. Excellent, EXCELLENT move for gimping, and it helps your recovery to boot.

Jab and Tilts:​

Jab:
Dark samus punches out with one hand. Does 3% damage, and comes out at the speed of Ganondorf's jab with ridiculously small knockback.

Note: The scientific name for this move would be Jabius Patheticus. Yeah, the jab isn't exactly great.

F-tilt:
This move has two parts. First Dark Samus lunges out with her cannon, dealing 5% damage, and then fires a blast, dealing another 5% with 3% corruption. (The blast travels the length of a battlefield platform, and moves at the speed of mario's walk) The speed on the two moves is comparable to Snake's F-tilt, and the knockback is average. Not the best move in the world, but it's Dark Samus's best option for a quick strike at point blank range.

U-tilt:
Dark Samus fires her cannon straight up, doing 3% damage and 2% corruption with minimal knockback. Sounds lame, am I right? Wrong. This is an extremely quick move, and the blast travels at the rate of one of Fox's blaster shots. In addition, it combos very well out of U-throw, and it's pretty easy to combo 3-4 of these together unless the opponent airdodges immediately.

D-tilt:
Dark Samus lays a morphball bomb, which takes half a second before exploding, doing 5% damage and 3% corruption. Up to 3 can be on the screen at one time, and knockback is minimal. An excellent trap for aerial attackers. Just lay a couple of these, roll away, and then strike back while they explode.

Smashes:

F-smash:
Dark Samus charges up, and fires a blast the size of kirby that does 1% damage and 1% corruption, traveling at the speed of Ganon's run. The distance the blast travels ranges from 1/2 of final destination uncharged, to across final destination charged. More importantly, the blast has slight forward knockback, and does not disappear upon hitting an opponent, which means that it will push the opponent across the stage. It is very tough to DI out of this, unless it pushes the opponent off a platform/the edge, in which case it is possible to DI down... setting up the enemy for Dark Samus's edgeguarding game. The startup-lag is good, but the end lag is horrible, so be careful when you use this.

U-smash:
Dark Samus charges up before firing a spread of 5 blasts upwards. The range of the spread is from a 60 degree upwards angle (on both sides) to the perpindicular, and the blasts will travel the distance to the top battlefield platform before disappearing. The blasts will do 5% with 2% corruption uncharged, to 15% with 7% corruption charged. Lag is average, while knockback is decent, killing at around 160%. This makes a good followup to U-throw if you expect the enemy to airdodge.

D-smash:
Dark samus fires directly into the ground, creating a shockwave the size of Olimar in front of her that does 7% damage and 2% corruption. Charging the move increases the range, from half a battlefield platform uncharged, to half of final destination charged. Lag is bad on both ends. So why would you use this move? Why, because it makes pools of phazon similar to the Down-special over the distance the shockwave travels.

Misc:

Dash attack:
Similar to Samus's dash attack, except it continues for the length of a battlefield platform, and you have super armor throughout. Okay lag on each end, does 5% damage and average backwards knockback.

Get-up attack:
Dark samus does a kick to each side before getting up, 3% damage, somewhat bad lag. Avoid this.

Ledge attack:
Dark samus rolls up with morphball, and drops a bomb, similar to D-tilt except it explodes immediately. With 5% damage and 2% corruption, as well as low lag, this is an option.

Final Smash​
Dark Samus jumps into the air, releasing 5 circular shockwaves similar to Tabuu's off waves. Each one does 20% corruption should they connect. They break shields as well, so the only hope is to dodge them. Additionally, the entire stage is covered with pools of phazon, giving Dark samus a HUGE advantage when the smash ends.

Playstyle:​
Dark samus is a deadly camper when onstage. Use a down-B or down smash to create a pool of phazon for yourself, and then feel free to rack up damage. Toss missiles at them with side-B or charge up a longer stream of blasts with your neutral-B.

In close, Dark Samus isn't as effective, but you still have some tricks. Your main priority is to land a grab. Once you have that, you can combo off of U-throw/F-throw, or send them away/offstage with B-throw. In addition, there's the free corruption offered from pummeling. (This is even better if you've coated your part of the stage with phazon for even more corruption.) If you can't get the grab, your best courses of action would be to D-tilt and roll away, or F-tilt. Other options would be to dash attack through your opponent or F-smash them to the other end of the stage, but these are easily punished when predicted, so be careful.

Once someone is sent offstage, you have almost limitless options. If you'd rather remain on the stage, you can use the down B and down smash to create pools of phazon for corruption purposes, or your Up-B to create some dark echoes for teammates. If you'd rather attack them more directly, you can edgeguard them with your formidable array of projectiles: side-B, D-air, neutral-B, or down-B if they're coming from directly below you. Even better, you can go out and grab them with your N-air, and do a D-throw for the kill. And once you're finished with your nefarious gimping tactics, you have an easy (if somewhat damaging) path back to the stage between your F-air and your up-B.

Killing by corruption is really just a matter of racking damage, but be careful! As your opponent accumulates corruption, they become increasingly deadly, and you will probably have gotten a ton of damage as well. There are no real changes in tactics for when your opponent is at higher corruption, but the price for mistakes is higher.

However, once you've corrupted someone into becoming your minion, then is when Dark samus really shines. You are a deadly camper, and you have a temporary 2 on 1 vs your enemy. In addition, your ally is highly buffed, due to the phazon corruption! The downside is that by the time you actually get them to 100% corruption, they're sure to be around 200% damage. Just treat it like a typical 2 on 1, and put the priority on protecting your ally. Remember, pools of phazon from your down-B or down smash will heal your ally as well as you, so keep that in mind.

Side note:
Unfortuantely, Dark Samus mirror matches are incredibly ********. As you can't kill via corruption, you will have to either gimp someone with an excellent (although damaging) recovery, or damage them to idiotic percents to actually kill them. And they camp as well as you do. Oh dear. :urg:

Another side note:
Dark samus is excellent on 2 vs 2 matches when paired with someone who can kill. However, the best partner for a dark samus might be Nurse Joy. Just kill them via corruption, and let your ally heal your new minion to 0% again! Then you have a normal 3 on 2, along with an ally with double damage and knockback potential. :)

Finally done!

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Tetris

Bah. Storytime MYM. Back in MYM2 near the veeeeeeeeeeeery beginning of the contest, I posted my very first moveset ever. L Block. Ever since that day, I determined that my last moveset in MYM would be for Tetris, as a tribute to my first set. But now YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING! (CRYING#)

Just kidding of course. Interesting to see what you did with this, especially since the thought process for it was so short. Sew...what you pretty much did was port Tetris into Brawl. The KO method for Tetris was expected but I find it interesting that you allowed the opponents to pick up and hurl pieces of him. Pretty nifty.

One thing I'd change however is the flipping method for Tetris. You have it set to the tilts. . .but if you're in say a hectic rush to place blocks, you could easily end up smashing the input. Perhaps the shield buttons could be effective? Replace rolls with it?

Either way, nifty job here. Also, you've just kept me in MYM forever now (CRS) ;)

So, im glad you liked the set. L block is one of the first movesets I ever read, so I guess I have it to thank for getting me interested, partially :)

Well, I suppose the flipping method you suggested would work...but I didnt want there to just be Specials and smashes, you know...the set is short enough. Thanks for the comment MT!
Oh, yeah, and it looks like you've discovered my EVIL EARTH SHATTERING PLAN to keep one of my favorite MYMers going. (Y)

Oh, and John Marston, Muk, Arle, and Dark Spammus comments to come. I feel bad for not getting to them quickly enough, but Ive been busy today. Watch for them sometime tomorrow.

crash826

Smash Rookie
Something homestuck-y.

-- apocalypseArisen[AA] began trolling smashBoards[SB] at 2:30 –
AA: this thread is all right
AA: but
AA: there aren’t any r0b0ts wh0 are als0 gh0sts
AA: i’m n0t 0k with this

The Maid of Time and a ghostly troll, Aradia Megido joins the brawl!

BIO:
Aradia was, in life, a moderately happy resident of the Alternian race (aka Trolls), a brutal and complex culture based around Social Darwinism. However, due to an argument over a game of FLARP, which had injured a friend of hers, Aradia entered a vicious circle of revenge that culminated in her own death. Afterwards, as a ghost, Aradia had become cold and emotionless. She allowed herself to be manipulated by the vengeful dead and had a hand in the creation of Sgrub, a building simulation that would destroy her race, excluding her and 11 people she knew. As they entered the universe that would save them, Aradia’s soul was transformed by the use of a Kernelsprite and a frog statue, giving her froglike attributes, and she received a robot body soon afterwards. Her power over time, combined with ghostly telekinesis, a strong robot shell and a destructive personality, makes Aradia someone not to be trifled with.

stats

Size: 6/10
She’s about the size of Mario. Aradia is a pretty tall teenager, as a robot, anyway.

Weight: 7/10
She’s made of METAL. It’s fairly light by metal standards, though.

Speed: 4/10
Aradia does not much care for how long it takes to get there as long as she gets there.

Power: 5/10
Aradia’s attacks are fairly strong, for a teenage robot ghost frog girl.

Range: 9/10
THIS is where Aradia truly shines. With her combined telekinetic powers, ghostly energy, and timey-wimey shenanigans, Aradia can hit from almost anywhere on the stage.

Jump: 5/10
Powerful leg springs just barely make up for her metallic shell…

Fall Speed: 7/10
But once she’s in the air, no amount of leg power will make her fall slower.

Attack Speed: 4/10
She's... not the fastest.

Fraym0tifs

Music Box Time Machine ♈ Neutral Special
With a blank expression on her face, Aradia pulls what looks like a pair of music boxes out of nowhere (the same ones in the image at the top) and stretches her hands towards them, in the same pose at the top. Another Aradia then warps in from the future with a tinkling of her music boxes somewhere on the stage. This new Aradia has the same powers and damage (although not the same status effects) as the original except for further Music Box Time Machine, and will be the player character from her summoning as the past Aradia fights on with 35% stamina replacing her damage levels. 20 seconds into the future, the Aradia who you were playing as will pull out her own Music Box Time Machine and head into the past to become the Aradia you currently control. However, if Aradia-01 dies before she rewinds into the past, a time paradox will destroy both Aradias and, subsequently, lose you a life. This attack is high-risk, high-reward- you have double the offensive ability, but also double the risk.

Trollekinesis ♈ Side Special
Aradia raises her hand to the side, exuding a pale white light. In the next second, the nearest foe in the input direction will be lifted into the air, glowing the same color, and be entirely at Aradia’s mercy. They cannot be dragged out of half a Negative Zone of Aradia without the psychic connection cutting out, and can struggle out at 2x grab difficulty. While using telekinesis, Aradia can move the foe entirely at her leisure, through the air, with a drift to a halt proportional to the speed of levitation, and release using special again. You can build up speed by moving a foe in one direction fast and release them, tossing them off into the air, slam them into walls and floors (damage depends on speed and goes up to 13% damage), or just dangle them over a ledge to set up for an edgehog jamboree.

Psych0 Pch00000 ♈ Up Special
Aradia doesn’t exactly have an interesting method of flight, as she has no jet boots or anything. Instead, she just psychically grabs herself and floats upward, immersed in white light, for 4 SBBs. However, since this alone would keep my set in vague obscurity for being uncreative, the technique has a different effect on the ground- Aradia kicks the ground, cracking it, and levitates a chunk about 2 SBBs wide and 1 SBB across out, allowing her to use it as a levitating platform and wall. This platform can be levitated freely and behaves in the same way as a foe or object lifted by the side special, if a tad heavier and slower. Pressing jab makes Aradia twirl her chunk of whatever, dealing 10% damage with fair knockback to foes nearby. This will eventually collapse- if you don’t touch anything with it, you should last about 10 seconds, while every fast contact with a platform shaves 2 seconds off its lifespan. Aradia can also hold Jab to hop into the air, and if you maneuver the chunk under her- hey, suddenly that defensive rock you were using as a wall is a method of flight. Special causes the chunk to de-psychic and fall to the ground, dealing 12% and good knockback.

De-Possession ♈ Down Special
Aradia slumps a little, and the light in her eyes dim to black. Shortly after, a ghostly being- Aradia’s true form, Aradiasprite- emerges from the robot body and hovers in the air. This form of Aradia is gifted with unlimited free flight, has access to all of her psychic power-based moves, is immune to energy projectiles, and can repossess her body at any time with the down special.

However, with great power comes great weakness. Aradia’s non-robotic form will be thrown around like a cheap rag doll by any attack, she takes 4% extra damage from attacks, and she has very few quick attacks as a sprite. Additionally, the free flight is rather slow, dealing 50% damage to Aradiasprite will knock her to the ground and edit her (as a gaming abstraction) out of existence, and dealing 15% to her robot body will force Aradiasprite back in like a genie to a lamp. This is a technique that turns Aradia into a glass cannon- she can unleash psychic hell on anyone who tries to cross her, but anyone who gets through her shell of power can beat her to death with their fists alone.

standards

Robot Trifecta ♈ Natural Combo
Aradia swings an open fist and attempts to hit a foe, knocking them a short distance for 3%. The second hit has Aradia jump a bit and bring an arm down on a foe’s head, driving them into the ground a la DK Headbutt, for 4%. The final hit has her drive a foot into the ground-caught foe’s face, knocking them out of the ground for 6%.

Whip It ♈ Dash Attack
In the days before her death, the Maid had a passion for two things: archaeology and live action roleplay. Combined, this equals Indiana Jones. This is reflected in her dash attack, as Aradia pulls a whip from nowhere and begins an elegant, dancelike attack, whipping the whip in all directions around her in a blur as she spins forward. Although each whip snap deals only 1%, there are so many that a foe caught in the full brunt of the attack will suffer about 10% and be sent a small distance away, as Aradia gives a final businesslike snap and hurls the foe in front off with 5%.

tilts

Robosplosion ♈ Side Tilt
This attack has multiple functions, based on how long you hold the attack button. If you just tap it, Aradia releases a small psychic shockwave that stuns foes and deals 1%, and also scorches the enemy a bit. Aradia holds her head still and shudders when you hold it down. When released, Aradia looks quizzical for a moment- and then EXPLODES, sending her head flying like a red-hot meteorite in the direction you input. The flying head knocks foes into the air with 11% damage and high knockback will bounce off walls and floors until inertia brings it to a rest, at which point Aradiasprite will emerge, looking visibly shaken. Aradia’s robot body will respawn as if it were regular her, and can be repossessed by use of Down Special- however, using the attack will give the robot body 10% extra damage.

Rising Frog ♈ Up Tilt
When you input the attack, Aradia begins performing a spin kick, which seems to stretch on and on forever. This spin kick is good for racking damage, and deals 2% per hit as long as you hold the input. That’s not all about it, though; as the kick goes on, Aradia begins to ascend, using her telekinesis to float into the air after 2 seconds of kick. This ascent goes on as long as you like, and happens at a rate of 1 SBB a second. This is more for ascending out of gaps or keeping yourself in the air than actual combat use, and isn’t very good. Even so, rising spin kicks are cool!

Vengeful Spirits ♈ Down Tilt
Aradia’s contact with the dead mostly amounted to her doing their dirty work in exchange for a little quiet in her own head- and what ghosts usually want is REVENGE. In this vein, Aradia raises a hand and speaks a word in some ancient language, and a pale steam flows from around her feet. The effects rely on the KOs in the match- if no one has gotten any KOs, a wisp floats into the air and pops uselessly. If a KO has been had, a whirl of steam flies off the blast zone where a foe has flown off and lands where they where when the blow that killed them landed. This steam resolves itself into the shape of the KOed foe, which then rushes after the one who killed them and attacks until they are hit with 20% and evaporated. Aradia’s KOs don’t count, so this is pretty useless in 1v1 matches.

smashes

Sprite Wave ♈ Side Smash
Aradia takes a deep, deep breath as the smash charges, inhaling small, dark red particles. Upon release, Aradia begins breathing out hard, releasing a wave of light over 3 SBBs that deals rapid hits of 2-4% and can deal from 14-18% damage. The attack actually has a lot more range as a sprite, hitting 4 SBBs instead. And… that’s it. There’s nothing else special about it. So sue me.

Destruction Kick ♈ Down Smash
In this attack, Aradia pulls a Luigi, pulling a foot back as she charges, her arms limp by her sides. Upon release, she… well, kicks. It’s exactly the same as Luigi’s… in all ways but one. The kick itself deals 1% and poor knockback, but as it’s swung, a shockwave cracks the earth in front of Aradia and deals 12-15% and hurls them away from the crack. This can chop destructible objects, such as crates, barrels and traps, in two, destroying them utterly. It can even split platforms in two, creating a gap half an SBB wide that extends from the top of the platform to the bottom! These gaps last 10 seconds.

Ablution Trap ♈ Up Smash
Aradia raises an arm and releases psychic energy, which forms a pillar into the sky. When the charge is released, Aradia swings the arm down, and a goddamn purple bathtub full of slime flies out of the background and shoots to the , stopping just short of her head before she swings her arm up again and it hurtles off into the sky. This bathtub deals 12-14% and meteor smashes the foe on the way down, and deals high knockback and 13-17% on the way back up. The bathtub will go through platforms and foes, but deals no damage when it pauses above Aradia’s head. It’s obviously very laggy.

aerials

Ghost Rider ♈ Neutral Aerial
Aradia releases a spray of ghostly mist around her and floats in a bubble of spirit, which deals 5% on contact with foes. This decreases her fall speed by a TON, dropping it from a 7 to a 1 and causing her to fall like Jigglypuff with a parasol. This also reflects projectiles, but- on the downside- deals 5% damage to Aradia. If she lands while surrounded by this ghostly energy, Aradia thrusts a palm at the ground and releases a wave of ghost force that sends surrounding foes into prone in the air and stuns them on the ground.

Megalovania ♈ Forward Aerial
Aradia may be almost emotionless usually, but when she’s seen injustice (which she takes as something personally inconvenient or revenge-based) she goes nuts in a handbasket. In this move, Aradia’s normally vaguely uncaring face locks itself in a sharp-toothed snarl and she begins throwing wild, rapid punches, beating any foe with the bad luck to be in her way to a pulp with 15% more damage. After this, Aradia remains snarling for 10 more seconds, still angry, and this increases her speed and jump height. When it wears off, she slumps, momentarily stunned.

Megido Buster ♈ Back Aerial
Aradia spins around and forms a Dragon Ball Z pose with her hands, then focuses. This releases a sphere of psychic energy, which floats through the air slowly and shudders vaguely in the air. If it hits a foe, object, or other such physical object, the buster explodes in a wave of energy that forces all surrounding objects away from itself. If it makes contact with an energy projectile or other energy attack, the power will be absorbed and the shockwave will deal however much damage the projectile did.

Frog in your Throat ♈ Up Aerial
Aradia looks up, opens her mouth, and her eyes dim fast. Immediately, Aradiasprite comes out of Aradia’s mouth and extends above her, then swings her webbed hands out to the sides, releases a “ribbit,” and blasts red particles out of them, knocking foes away quickly with 9% damage more. After this, Aradiasprite can either recede into the robot or use jab to exit entirely, entering Aradiasprite mode.

Time Jump ♈ Down Aerial
Aradia, as she falls, pulls out her Music Box Time Machine and plays it, vanishing into the future. This causes her to appear on the ground immediately, skipping through the air and avoiding anything below her. This is incredibly generic.

throws

Grab ♈ Grab
It’s a generic grab. For a pummel, Aradia rapidly slaps her foe across the face, over and over, dealing damage fast.

Sprite Ferry ♈ Forward Throw
Aradia pushes her foe a short distance away, breathes out her Sprite, and goes limp as Aradiasprite lifts the foe. From here, Aradiasprite drags her foe along the ground for 5 SBBs, breathing a beam of red energy into them as she does, and hurls them into the air then blasts them with a larger beam, dealing 9-13% and fair knockback.

Major Psychic Psycho ♈ Up/Down Throw
Aradia snaps, and her foe is raised into the air, flailing desperately. She raises her arm, swings it, and the foe is slammed hard into any nearby foe, breakable structure, or the ground (in that order of priority.) Aradia raises her arm and swings again, and the foe is slammed again! This repeats once more before the Maid gets bored and strides away, her foe beaten unconscious and on the ground with 15% more damage. This is the same for up and down, except that in the down, the foe is hurled into objects near the ground, while the up has them hurled at airborne things. (yes I know it's uncreative. so sue me.)

Scratch ♈ Back Throw
Aradia pulls her Music Box Time Machine out and grabs her foe as a tinkling emerges from the boxes. A moment later, the foe reappears… with an entirely different tint to their bodies, and much more polygonal. The foe has been regressed to the state they were in the original Smash Bros, with a special removed and slower! This effect wears off after 10 seconds, but it’s still a terrible state to be in.

final smash
♈ predestination ♈

Aradia has the Smash Ball! You should probably watch out for tha- oh wait, she already activated it…

Upon activation, Aradia says, in a level tone, “it c0uld never have been any 0ther way.” After this, she rises into the air, pulls out her Time Machine, and…

Wow.

That is a lot of robots.

Exactly 100 COPIES OF ARADIA are dropped onstage, and proceed to attack, beating the living crap out of anyone onstage for 10 seconds. There really isn’t much else to say.

et cetera

Get Up Attack- Psych
Aradia hops up on to her feet, creates a psychic burst that repels foes around her for 1/3 of Negative Zone... and falls over, onto the ground. Yeah, not that great.

Ledge Attack <100%- Lotus Land Hand
Aradia hops onto the ledge, thrusts a fist out in a straight punch that floors enemies and deasl 10% damage, and hops over them, back into the fray.

Ledge Attack >100%- Leapfrog
Aradia leaps onto the stage above where any ledge camper would be, and slams her feet down, meteor smashing and dealing 9%.

UP Taunt – Aradia looks at the camera, says “ribbit” in a clear voice, and then blinks, a little surprised at herself.

SIDE Taunt- Aradia says “im 0kay with this” and flicks a few white sparks out of her fingers.

DOWN Taunt- Aradia pulls a purple book, labeled “FLARP,” out of the air, and regards it for a bit before putting it away. It contains a lot of bad memories.

Victory 1- Aradia ribbits three times, then says “i can’t really c0ntr0l the ribbits.”

Victory 2- Aradia stands, flanked by ghosts, and raises a hand toward the screen.

Victory 3- Aradia floats in sprite form and stares at the screen, then waves.

Loss- Aradia just stands there. …Staring.

So sleepy right now. Will add playlist later. Good night, everybody.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Muk
Muk despite all the views on him, I thought he was well created and executed. The idea of spreading the acid armour-esque via sludge bomb was pretty damn nifty. And If I interpreted Harden correctly, he builds via hardening. Thus you could technically keep on building and such, making a huge giant structure of burning acid.

Onto the actual content... The idea is amazingly developed in my opinion, when creating structures via harden, this limits your foes into an isolated position, thus a helpless victim of eating burning **** as they are enveloped. And/or in a sense "trapped", while being onslaught of the spreading domination of sludge. Keeping foes close and into a more dangerous position near Muk is more fatal than just burning up somewhere else, however even that "safer" place will be a fodder for bringing you closer.

But you can attack off your own structures, such as Slime Wave. Lets say you have a giant ring like structure around your foe, and you initiate with Slime Wave, they'll be taking damage as the attack will continuously loop around, keeping them damaged and convert them back into a the comfort zone of Muk. Fear of your structures being destroyed? Use something like Memento, after executing a couple acid or sludge moves, keep foes in the poison while keeping your creations durable. Structures, although if you can't protect them, it's not like it is very difficult to create new ones. Sometimes it would be better to create a better looking piece, just for utility. Building's itself could be a mindgame to keep foes distracted to have them have a sense of accomplishment, yet... it's all just a step back to square one after Muk has in the perfect position to **** your face off.

Did I mention how you can pick up a piece of burning parts of the stage and swack someone in the face with it? That's awesome. Did I also mention that I can mention that you could grab your foe with an Up Tilt, and then smack them in the face with a burning part of the stage?

I thought the set overall was pretty nice. Nice read indeed.

This all be copy pasted from the Xat, when conversing with Smady. I'm slowly getting...comments....done....

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
He's a Commenting Machine...

John Marston

Okay, so John Marston is finished now, and honestly, was pretty fun. The bullet reloading mechanic adds a nice rhythm to a lot of his moves, but he has so many moves that use bullets that some of them feel a bit unnecessary, and he could have used more close combat moves, but that's a minor nitpick.

You did do a good job of giving him a lot of options, with bullets, dynamite, hogtying foes, his blunderbuss and even hogtying foes gives him a good variety of ways to attack opponents. The Final Smash was also extremely cool.

I was also impressed by the fact that you added in some match-ups as well as a playstyle section for your very first moveset. They were both rather detail-light though, and ended up not really saying much more than to use your strongest attacks and hogtying to win.

You've got a good start with this moveset, but there's still room to improve. I'd suggest that with your next moveset you focus on exactly how you want their playstyle to work and envision it when you make it. A more clearly defined direction would definitely give your future sets better direction.

Tetris

Tetris is pretty cool of an idea, and you did a good job of giving him a way to be damaged and deal damage out as well, which is very nice especially for a set made on such short notice.

I think it would be really awesome if there was an actual Tetris stage you could play on too. With walls on both sides, it'd be great for Tetris matches, and the higher you build up, the easier it is to get killed, but the easier it is for your TETRIS to kill the foe too.

Dark Samus

Dark Samus has a pretty sweet concept for a newcomer set. It's an interesting take on the KO sub-mechanic. On the one hand, if you get the opponent's corruption up high enough, you get your own AI computer ally to assist you. On the other hand, the higher their corruption, the easier you are to kill yourself. It's a very nice touch to add to her moves.

Dark Samus also has nice moves overall too. The addition of the Neutral Special and Side Special mirroring the moves that Samus actually has is a nice touch, as well as having an aerial grab. The aerial grab is doubly nice as it makes it easier for her to focus on her gimping game if she doesn't want to risk going for a corruption kill, but can still use her moves with impunity if she wants to go for the corruption kill. Since she has her self-damaging, excellent recovery too, that's an even better bonus.

That said, Dark Samus is difficult to read with the single spacing, no space between move names and move descriptions, one size for almost everything, and monotone font. Also, they're spelled 'Aerials', not "Arials'. Arial is a type of font.

Still though, this isn't a bad newcomer set at all (we've been getting good newcomer sets out of the woodwork this contest), and I hope your next moveset is even better.

Aradia

DUDE! I READ HOMESTUCK TOO! HIGH FIVE!

Now, with that out of the way, let's get onto the moveset itself.

Here's one thing I want to make sure you understand. You beat yourself up for every move that isn't complex and unique as uncreative. You've pretty much got creativity down though, bro. The Aridaspirte, summoning yourself from back in time, Robosplosion, Vengeful Spirits, etc. You've got a lot of different ideas all coming together at once.

If you want to improve, it's not going to be more creativity, you've got plenty of that. What you need to do is learn to focus that creativity into a solid playstyle. Writing a playstyle section is important as it helps give a moveset depth and perspective, and clears up exactly where you want the moveset to go and how you envision it playing.

It's not a matter of how creative or unique your ideas are alone, but how well they fit together. And that is probably where Aradia is the weakest; she's got a bunch of different stuff she's doing, but it doesn't all fit together into a cohesive singular playstyle.

Focusing on creating more options out of single moves, like the Specials, can help keep you from feeling reined in to finding more creative options and give the moveset more depth.

That all having been said, this is the second good newcomer set you've made, and I'm excited to have you on board Make Your Move. Make sure to drop by the
Chat at some time droogy!

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
Whew, let's see who I can comment on today...

@Godzilla
I don't know why, but I really like your short, almost no-nonsense style of writing.

That being said, Godzilla isn't much more than a typical heavy brawler with a ranged attack to try and force approaches. His healing mechanic is also a little broken, although it's a very interesting idea. Also, you seem to make some moves do really low damage, even thought Godzilla is supposed to be a heavy hitter. It's not a bad moveset, it's just too similar to a beefed-up Bowser

Now that that's outta the way, I can say that I really enjoyed reading this set, even though it was a little bland. The Final Smash did less damage than I thought it would've done, but since it's pretty much an OHKO move, it doesn't really matter too much. I like the grab that sends enemies sliding on the ground, but then changes if the opponent's near a ledge when you throw them. That was a cool idea.

This wasn't the best set, but it was still very good.

@John Marston
At first I was like :) cuz he seemed interesting
but then I was like :( at the TBC.
but then I was like :awesome: when I saw you had finished it.
And by the end, I was like :bee:

I love the lock-on mechanic. It fits well, since John seems to rely on his pistol a lot. That said, his standards and smashes are interesting, and it makes since that the shotgun and dynamite can't lock-on, since that might be a tad overpowered. One thing about the FSmash and USmash is that even though they deal very low damage for a smash, they have insane knockback. I guess that makes up for the fact that only one move does more than 15%.

That Final Smash is very cool, but seems a tad underpowered in terms of damage output. It has a very interesting way of working, both fitting the character and the game without disrupting the natural gameplay for the other characters.

The Lasso and hogtie skills were awesome, and you balanced it by making it take a while, so it's not a very viable strategy in FFAs. Turning opponents into items is something I would really enjoy doing if this guy was in Brawl.

My only real complaint about this set is the organization. I understand that the Dtilt works only with the Lasso, so it made since to include that right after the Lasso special. But a lot of the moveset relies on the Lock-on special, so that should've been the first special listed. The smashes and aerials are also usually put under a different section than the standards. It's not a big problem, but it's something you might wanna consider on future movesets.

I love the section about John's role in the SSE. It was very well thought out, and a blast to read. Also, the Kirby picture was a very nice touch.

All things considered, this was a great first moveset.

@Goruugu
Now this is a Pokemon I would love to play as in Brawl.

I love the interactions between Fly and the rest of his moveset. They give him good approach options without seeming overpowered. Astonish is nice, and Protect seems to work well with the trap-setting part of Goruugu.

Night Shade is IMO the most creative part of this moveset, and my favorite move. Faking out opponents is always fun, and this is a move that could fool even the most attentive opponent.

The standards are nice, and I'm glad you could have 3 of his moves be a punch, yet each one be slightly different than the rest. One can be pumped to deal massive damage, one causes confusion, and one can be feinted into a grab. I do feel that the fact that his punches reach 3 SBBs is rather broken, but they all have a lot of startup lag to kinda make up for it

His Dtilt and Dsmash trap-setting abilities are awesome, and totally work with his overall playstyle. They both work so well with Night Shade as well.

His power struggle grabgame is a very cool idea that fits Goru perfectly. His body slam seems a little too strong, and almost feels like it should always be used instead of his regular grab.

The Final Smash is an interesting pump in that it changes Goru's so-so aerials with his great ground game, and then gives him infinite flight. It's an awesome idea.

This was a great moveset to read.

@Gray Knight
The Knight's bush mechanic is really awesome. It has a lot of interactions with the rest of his moveset, and they're all good for messing with opponents. That combined with Dusty Camouflage makes Gray Knight a good mindgames character.

Treasure Hunter is cool, and I like how there's a good chance that you may dig up something rotten. That ensures that you won't always wanna eat whatever you dig up immediately. It's also a nice trap that work very well with Green Thumb.

I like the standards and their interactions with the bush and dust. I love how the boomerang and arrows will teleport through bushes, which is a good long-range surprise tactic.

The Knight's aerial game is interesting, and I enjoy how simple it is, even though it makes his air and ground game very similar.

The Final Smash doesn't really change much for the Gray Knight, but it's nice to see a relatively simple Final Smash. The playstyle section was also well-written.

A very nice first set, keep up the good work!

@Muk
Another goofy gooper, although Muk is very different from Bowser Jr. His method of spreading sludge is different than Jr's method of spreading goop, but it still works out for him.

Acid Armor is interesting in that it guards you, then attacks opponents who are too close to you. Sludge Bomb is an interesting special, and fits his sludge-spreading theme quite nicely. Harden is interesting, and I like the interactions between it and the other moves in the set, especially Payback.

The standards are a nice way to spread the sludge, and the Dtilt was done very well. I can see the Utilt being a key move in Muk's strategy, since it stops opponents and gives you time to spread your sludge.

Slime Wave is a very potent FSmash without being too good, as smart opponents will know how to dodge it without falling into one of your other attacks. The Dsmash is interesting, especially the suicide mechanic of it. With it, you'll guarantee that your opponent will never kill you, because you'll suicide before they can finish you. The USmash is neat, and compliments the moveset nicely.

Muk's aerial game is unique in that it's basically a Nair, and then the same move, but in four different directions. Normally, I'd consider that laziness on the designer's part, but it works well with Muk, so it's not too bad.

The grabs are a nice touch, and make since with Muk. I'll bet the UThrow and DThrow make a disgusting noise when they're used.

The Final Smash, like a lot of the set, fits Muk's theme of stage control, and was well thought-out.

It was nice of you to put match-ups of Muk vs. two other stage-control characters, as a comparison of how each one plays differently.

A great moveset, very fun to read and imagine.

@Everyone who's commented on Micaiah:
Thank you all for the comments! I glad everyone enjoyed reading it, even though it did have some bland moves in it, and was probably a pain with the whole Light/Staff style. My next moveset is already organized better, and has a lot more color in it, so you dont' have to worry about another all-white-letters set.

I'm a little sad that nobody's guessed at my next moveset, since the hint was rather obvious (I gave away the answer in the moveset if you paid attention...) Of course, those who've played Radiant Dawn should already know the answer.

Smady

Smash Master
A Homestuck set, eh? Somebody beat me to it. I was actually planning on making a set for Vriska. :bee:

Expect to see some comments edited into this post later.

Pizzamasta

Smash Rookie
@darth meanie : Yeah, I guess there aren't much powerful moves in there, but I sticked to the ''weak'' image I have of the Gray Knight, although he technically is as strong as all other characters ( excluding magic ) in Castle Crashers. Thanks for everything else, I did my best. I'll try to make my next character less dependant of traps and more of pure strength. Thank you for the comment.

@gcubedude : Yeah, he mostly relies on traps and mindgames, well for the most part. I first did Treasure Hunter without adding rotten food but quickly realised that would be broken. I tried to have an interaction with bushes, even if it was little, for every move and I think I succeeded doing that pretty well. I'm glad you liked the moveset, at least that's what it seems like. Thanks for the comment!

I said I would comment soon, but I think I'll just wait a little bit, to give me time to see what is actually good or bad in a moveset, I dont want to give unrelated comments to people, but expect seeing me commenting in not so long.

Pikmin3000

Smash Rookie
To everyone who sat through my first moveset, I give thanks upon thanks and your criticisms will be implemented in my next moveset. Seriously, I hope I can only improve from here on. My next moveset will probably be Frank West or Chuck Greene since Dead Rising is also a favorite game of mine. I do have a full moveset planned for Frank, and since he's covered wars he's probably gonna be first.

Once again, thank you all - P3K :)

TheKingOfAllCosmos

Smash Rookie

Salud citizens of this Smash World Forums community of people! We; the King of All Cosmos, have decided to grace your with Our presence. Why you ask? “Why would the King of All Cosmos grace us with his incredibly masculine and well-chiseled presence?” Simple. Our Prince has decided he wishes to join the ranks of these “Smashing Brothers.” We find the idea simply ridiculous but We cannot say no to the little one. Thus, the Prince of All Cosmos has joined the brawling! We, with Our powerful and booming voice, shall now walk your mortal minds through the various abilities Our Prince will be able to do in your Smashing Brothers. Why? Your question Us? You don’t?

Didn’t think so.

Here is a song for your ear-based pleasure. We suggest you enjoy it.

Here is some gameplay for your eye-based pleasure. Notice Our Prince is wearing a mask in honor of Us.

The Prince

Katamari On The Story

So you wish to know who the young Prince is do you? Why must you bore Us by asking such trivial questions? Fine. We shall introduce you to the Prince. The Prince made his first public appearance to you humans during the events of Katamari Damacy in which We sent the prince to your planet in order to rebuild the stars in the galaxy. Why were they broken? It certainly had nothing to do with Us, that’s for sure.

After that, We discovered that We were incredibly popular with you humans and that We had many fans down on your planet Earth. Thus, We sent the Prince down to Earth once more to satisfy your wishes in We <3 Katamari. This event also taught you all the origins of how We became the King of All Cosmos, how We met Our queen and how Our Prince came to be.

After all of Our hard work (and We suppose the Prince helped slightly…), We decided to take Our Royal Family on a vacation on Earth. Shortly after We arrived (and of no fault of Our own) a giant tidal wave, most certainly not caused by Us, wiped out all the islands nearby. Because of this, We sent the Prince out once more to roll his katamari and recreate the islands with Our help. This event was chronicled to you humans in the “Playing Station Portable,” game Me & My Katamari.

After Our vacation, the Royal Family was enjoying a nice game of tennis when We hit the ball with such force that We tore a hole in the universe, sucking up all the stars and planets Our Prince worked so hard to make (although had Our Prince simply returned the serve everything would have been just dandy…). Ordering the lazy Prince into action once more, Our Prince recreated the planets and plugged up that nasty black hole. These were the events in your Beautiful Katamari video gaming disc and or cartridge.

Finally, while We were teaching Our Prince how to perfect his “Prince Hop,” a nasty asteroid hit Us in the head, putting Us into a deep sleep where We forgot of everything that had previously happened including who We were. Foolishly, the Prince and his cousins constructed RoboKing; a cheap imitation of Us (that is in no way as handsome and rugged as Us…). Upon recreating the stars (which RoboKing destroyed because of Our Prince’s poor workmanship), the Prince returned Our memories, waking Us from our most refreshing sleep. Our imposter was then rolled up and We shared Our dreams with everyone on your Earth planet. These events will soon be chronicled in a motion picture staring Us…or Katamari Forever.

Katamari On The Stats

Ground Speed: 8/10
Attack Speed: 8/10
Fall Speed: 6/10
Jump: 5/10
Power: 3/10
Weight: 2/10
Traction: 2/10

What are all these random numbers? They hurt Our head with their trivialness. Mere numbers do nothing to describe the Prince so We shall do just that. Simply put, Our Prince is a but a feather in the wind, very light but also very speedy; We suppose he has to have that one strong point if nothing else. As even your less evolved minds can tell, Our Prince was not meant to be a fighter…fortunately, he has the all powerful Katamari on his side; quick in movement, nasty in stopping. The Prince’s main failure (believe us, he has many) is that he has terrible, terrible traction. Our Prince is very prone to slipping and sliding about…if he (foolishly) trips, not only will We laugh at him but his Katamari will slowly roll away from him! Clever opponents may use this time to smack the Katamari away from him with an attack…he will have to be as fast as Us to make up for this terrible blunder. The grand fault of the Katamari; it has all of Our charisma in it, why would We want to stop once we’ve started rolling? Stop asking Us questions.

Game of Grabs

Grab: Katamari
Providing you have played one of Our fantastic games on video, you will understand the basics of the Katamari. Got it? Good.

With a heavy heave We sigh. For We heard one of you out there say that you have never played with a Katamari before. To that We say simply; you’re missing out. Regardless, We shall explain how the Katamari works. Unlike your other Smashing Siblings, The Prince…he lacks upper body strength. Yes, We once again state that he is a wimp. This makes it however so that Our Prince cannot grab like most others, quite the handicap, no? No indeed! Why grab with arms when We have given Our Prince the Katamari! The wondrous Katamari acts as a permanent grab hitting box as long as The Prince is on the ground! Quite the advantage, no? Of course, We had to limit it so your tournament national leaders would not scream their cries of “Shattered!” and “Over-energized!” for being able to grab in the air…thus, the Prince can only grab with the Katamari while on the ground running or walking (or during certain attackings). That doesn’t mean however that Our Prince can’t…say…craftily roll up a foe with the Katamari as they jump towards him. We know you are not usually fond of thinking while playing these games so We apologize for making it a bit complex.

Anyway, as you roll up opponents with your Katamari, your small beady eyes may notice a % counter in the middle of Our Katamari. This is also crucial for how to use Our Prince properly! Every time you roll up a foe, their current % will be added to the % counter in the Katamari (but obviously not subtracted from them, that would be simply foolish!). As the Katamari gains %, it also grows larger! Starting off, the Katamari is almost as small and pathetic as Our Prince himself; only the size of your “Kirby”. At maximum size (which is 500% for those of you who are impatient), the young Prince’s Katamari will almost as big as your “Giga Bowser.” Do note that this does not make the Katamari stronger (as it’s already strong enough. Trust Us) but it does make it much easier for the Prince to roll foes up with. Each 100% added to the Katamari’s total will increase its size by roughly 2/3rds. Why this measurement? Why N-O-T?

If you wish for Us to explain this further…say your Marty-O has 25% on him and Our Prince rolls him up. 25% is then added to the Katamari. If Our Prince then damages this Marty-O further to say…50%…and our Prince grabs him again…the entire 50% will be added Wonderful, yes?

Also, it has come to Our attention that some of The Prince’s opponents may attempt to set up some underhanded traps. This disgusts Us greatly and We think you should do something about this Prince. Do what you do best; roll them up! Rolling up solid traps will add 10% to your Katamari whereas liquid traps like water, sludge or even bodily fluids (eww) will add 1% percent for as long as you’re rolling in it. Unlike characters however, traps must be around the same size as Our Prince’s Katamari before they can be rolled up. We assume this is for the sake of balance but We are unsure why Our Prince would want to be balanced in the first place…

And perhaps We should actually speak of something I’m sure Our Prince hasn’t thought of; getting hit. If an opponent attacks the Katamari directly (despite it being a grab hitting box), the attack, providing it’s Smashing enough or Special enough, sometimes even aerial enough, will push the Katamari (and the Prince) slightly back. This deals no damage to The Prince however. Only attacks that directly hit him will deal damage. This means you will have to attack from above, below or behind (remember, he can’t turn very well). Why are We are telling Our Prince’s opponents how to defeat him though? Perhaps it will be funny to watch. H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S even.

Katamari On The Specials

Neutral Special – Beautiful Katamari
Our Prince knows for a fact that he can never match Our sheer brute strength, so he attempts to mimic us by using the Katamari. How cute. Perhaps We will supply him with one providing he hasn’t eaten all of Our ice cream again. Upon pressing this Special which has no opinion either way, The Prince will glance about as We (mercifully) grant him a Katamari from the heavens. Or the top of the stage. If your feeble human minds can grasp but one thing from this complex set of moves, it should be that the Katamari is vital to Our Prince’s survival.

Seriously. He’s a wimp without it.

If for some reason Our Prince is careless enough to lose his Katamari (which is possible We suppose considering how fast it is), simply press this input and We will supply him with another Katamari three Earth seconds later. If one were to be hit by a falling Katamari, We can only assume it would hurt a fair bit. Thus, We shall give it the trivial number of 10. Yes 10%.

Side Special – Prince Dash
While Our Prince is weak in the head, he’s strong in the feet. Pressing this Special will cause Our Prince to start running in place, the powerful ball of fate that is the Katamari spinning rapidly before him! Once Our Prince has gotten bored of this…or rather, once you have gotten bored of watching him run, you may release the button, sending The Prince rocketing forward at a tremendous speed! Some would say that that speed is Sonic-like but We are unsure who this Sonic is and, frankly, We do not care.

Now, if Our Prince manages to hit some foolish foolhardy fool, they will stick to the Katamari as he rolls past and take 12%! Yes, this is the wonder of Our Katamari! Sticky like glue, fast like some kind of fast thing! This is one of Our Prince’s most brilliant maneuvers (We taught it to him of course) that he may use to capture his rivals with! Much, much faster than dashing…maybe too fast though! Make sure not to fly off the edge young Prince for We shall not care. Perhaps you could use this to take a foe with you as you fly off young one? Or perhaps…We have an idea.

Up Special – Royal Rainbow
It has become apparent to Us that, simply put, you are incapable of the knocking out of opponents young Prince without killing yourself in the process (or carelessly throwing one of Our Katamaris to take the foe out!). Thus, We have decided to help you help Us. You know the name of the game young Prince, We are always in need of new stars in Our world, thus, you will help us make some! We want you to make a Katamari that is…400%! Yes, that sounds about right! What? You say you don’t understand Our request? But it is simple as pastry young Prince! How could you be so foolish?

No matter, We shall explain it slowly so that you understand. You will use your own skills and those of Our Katamari to damage your opponents up, roll them up and add 400% to the Katamari! Once you have done so, We highly advise rolling up an opponent or two and pressing the Up Special…

Our beautiful face will appear in the backing ground of the stage where We will then exclaim, “Royal Rainbow!” No matter where you are young Prince, We will pull you and the Katamari to the center of the stage. If your Katamari is at 400% or greater, We shall throw it skyward, creating wonderful new stars for Us to enjoy (and KO’ing any rolled up foes)! If…however…your Katamari does not please Us…the results will be…unpleasant. We will become very angry young Prince, We may even strike you down with an unavoidable 25% damage. Yes, you wouldn’t like that now would you? Also, don’t use this move too much. We will ignore you for six seconds after you use this move. We feel you should try and be more independent during this time.

We recommend you be careful with this move young Prince. You see, this will also KO any of helpers you may have carelessly rolled up. And of course, we will not be pleased if you fail Us young Prince. While We suppose you -CAN- use this to recover…do not abuse it or We may not only punish you but simply ignore you. Not that We care.

Down Special – Prince Leap
Are We almost done listing these Specials? We did not know it would be so much work explaining how Our Prince wins this Smash contest. We should have packed a lunch. Regardless, you may recall (or hopefully you recall, We did make a huge point of it before) that the Prince has incredibly poor traction due to him dashing about so quickly. Well, this makes stopping and turning incredibly difficult for Our Prince. Leave it to him to have problems turning around. We worry about him sometimes. Sometimes.

Once one has pressed the Down Special button, the Prince will do a short, slightly laggy and otherwise pathetic hop to the other side of the Katamari. Not only does this act as an break of sorts to slow down the Katamari, but it also allows Our Prince to start dashing in the other direction! As another thing, you may be able to use this to lure foes into attacking The Prince, leaping to the other side and then rolling directly into them. Of course, that would imply that Our Prince is smart enough to come up with a plan as cunning as Our’s.

Smashing Smashes of Smashness

Side Smash – Katamari Kick
Ah! Finally fresh air for Us! We have completed the Specials for Our young Prince without too much boredom. Now for the attacks which named the series; the attack smashes! With as much force as Our pint-sized Prince can muster, he kicks directly before him! Quite pathetic really, this will only deal around 4-6 percentage points depending on how long Our Prince charged it. Is he even trying?

Oh ho! What’s this? It seems a few brain cells exist within the young Prince’s head! They must be cold. Regardless, if the Prince does this attacking when the Katamari is before him, he will kick it with such force that even We will be impressed. Maybe a little. The Katamari will fly forward the distance of half of Last Location. If it strikes one of Our Prince’s equally weak opponents, it will deal a solid 15-21% depending on the charge and then bounce off the foe and back to the Prince! Unfortunately it will do no knocking back. If the Prince is careless enough to miss with the Katamari however (which is likely, We’ve seen how bad he is at kicking) then the Katamari will not return to him.

Up Smash – Princely Trick
So Our Prince begins charging yet another Smashing move! What could he have in store with this one? Hmm…it seems he’s just standing beside the Katamari. This is most unimpressive Prince, please do try to amuse Us; We require flashy animations and explosions! Well…once The Prince releases this Smash he…what? Well this is most confusing! The Prince will leap onto the Katamari, sticking himself to it! This will add the Prince’s current damage % to the Katamari’s %, effectively building it up much like a rolled up opponent would do! Very sneaky, We cannot say We approve of such underhanded tactics but, We are vaguely impressed none the less.

Now…if you’re so smart young Prince, what does charging this move do? Hmm? Well you see, when the Prince sticks himself to the Katamari, he literally gets stuck as if he grabbed himself! If an opponent strikes the Katamari at this time, it will roll in the direction it was hit, potentially off stage even! So what charging does is require the Prince to stay stuck for less time! Yes, if fully charged, The Prince will slide off almost immediately. If one were to use that small yellow analog stick to use this move, The Prince would stay stuck for slightly longer than normal grab duration. We always tell you that cheating has consequences. Do not disappoint Us Prince. If The Prince foolishly forgets he has no Katamari, he will still go through with the animation but will end up falling flat on his face. We will be ashamed.

Down Smash – Balance Katamari
Only one more Smash attack? For a series named for these attacks We find it quite silly that there are only three of them. But We will not argue with this logic for this means We have to write less. Charging up this move causes The Prince to gracefully leap onto his Katamari like some kind of bird leaping onto something. Once the charge is released, The Prince will roll forward a short ways before rolling backwards past where he started and going behind him. This whole process is laughably slow, so much that We feel bad for The Prince wasting your and Our time with it. Well, We suppose it’s about as fast as the “Wario’s” down Smash animation.

If this connects, the foe will take 10-16% and will be stuck to the Katamari like sticky, sticky gum on the bottom of Our shoe. This is the only Smash of Our Prince’s that will stick foes to the Katamari so use it for surprise attacks. At minimum charge, The Prince will only travel the pathetic distance of one Bowser in either direction. At maximum charge, The Prince will attempt to mimic Our greatness and go double that plus one half. He of course will never be close to Our greatness.

If the Prince has no Katamari, he will jump as if it were there. Seriously. This is getting quite embarrassing for Us to watch…

Boring Moves

Neutral Combo – Wussy Slaps
The Prince had a much more dignified name for this move but We decided to rename it to be more suiting. We are positive he won’t mind. Pressing the attacking button will cause The Prince to slap before him with both hands. Quite pathetic, yes? Getting slapped by The Prince will deal 2% per hit, flinching and 999% to your dignity. Seriously. Of course…this is without his Katamari. With the Katamari, The Prince will slap at it, spinning it in the process. Anyone who makes contact with the Katamari while it spins in place will be tossed upward and backward with 5% damage. Not very powerful (much like Our Prince) but it will allow him to get either some room to breath or get the foe on dashing level. Upon further thought, We have realized We dislike the term “room to breath.” Everyone has room to breath regardless of how close another person is. Unless they have foul breath of course…

Dash Attack – Katamari Trip
Hmm, it would seem We got off on a tangent there, forgive Us for that. You do? Wonderful. Did We mention before that The Prince is an incredible klutz? We believe We did. When one presses the attack button during a dash, they usually have a cool dashing attack that looks mildly impressive. The Prince however is simply being careless here. Running forward, The Prince will suddenly trip when you tap the button, flying forward and landing flat on his face. Of course We find this funny to no end, as do you, yes? Good. This will deal about 6% damage and low/medium knockback. If you plan on playing as The Prince without a Katamari (which would amuse Us greatly), this will be your prime KO move.

If The Prince is holding his Katamari, he will trip as usual, sending the Katamari rolling forward a fair way, potentially off the edge of the universe even! Unlike accidental trips (We’re not sure why one would trip on purpose but, do play along), this will deal 8% on contact with the Katamari as well as stick foes to it! That was a happy mistake young Prince! Do not get used to them.

Down Tilt – Prince Pop
Ah, now for the most boring of all moves. The "tiltings." We find these most tedious to write but We shall so anyway. Without a Katamari, The Prince will dive forward a Bowser width along the ground. If The Prince strikes the foe with his hard head, he will deal 8% damage and light knockback.

But this move does change quite a bit if Our Prince uses it with a Katamari. Using this move will have The Prince dive under the Katamari, popping it into the air. If the opponent is hit by the Katamari as it flies up, they'll take 8% damage and get stuck to the Katamari. The Prince will also now be on the other side of the Katamari making it a good alternative to the Down Special if you're stationary. It is slightly more laggy though, so take your pick.

Forward Tilt – Wussy Shove
Once again, Our Prince gave this a much more dignified name that We removed in favor of a more suiting one. With incredible weakness, Our Prince shoves forward. Yes. That's all he does. Sad isn't it? If this connects (somehow) it will deal 4% and cause the opponent to fall over as if they tripped.

If used with the Katamari, Our Prince will shove the Katamari forward a short distance. This will not stick the foe, instead just nudging them harshly and dealing 6% plus tripping. Yes. That's the best Our Prince can come up with. Nudging the opponent to their doom.

Up Tilt – Prince Spiral
The Prince leaps upward, his arms outstretched as he attempts to do something not pathetic. He fails of course. We are unimpressed. Making contact with Our Prince during this time will deal about 5% damage and slight upward knockback. We are V-E-R-Y unimpressed now.

If Our Prince uses the wonderous Katamari with this move, he will thrust the Katamari over his head as he spins. This will pop the opponent into the air with slightly better knockback. We have decided that this attack will deal 9% plus 1% for any hits after the initial thrusting. We are sure you're wondering how Our Prince can lift such a heavy Katamari. We will allow you to continue wondering that.

Cosmic Aerials

Neutral Aerial – Katamari On The Swing
This move that can be performed only while in the air is a vital one. Why you ask? Because We said so. If Our Prince has no Katamari, this is his only aerial that will still manage to deal damage. Thus, it is his only form of aerial defense without a Katamari; any other aerials will just have him attempt their animations. See? We told you it was important. The Prince will extends his arms to his sides and spin, spin, spin; he’s obviously trying to imitate a Katamari with this. Obviously. This will deal 6% and light/medium knockback. We suppose it is the best Our Prince can muster under such short circumstance.

If Our Prince holds a Katamari within his clutches, he will instead spin that in a circle, holding it extended before him with both hands. This will obviously add some much needed range to this attack and will also deal 8% damage and stick the foe to the Katamari. Yes, Our Prince cannot normally grab foes while he’s in the air with the Katamari…but We decided to change up the rules for some of his attacks. Unlike his attack without the Katamari, The Prince will only spin once…so he’ll be facing the opposite direction he was when he started this attack.

Forward Aerial – Katamari Hurl
No, not the same kind of hurl as Us after the Cosmic Tilt-a-Whirl. The Prince will, relatively quickly, shove away from the Katamari sending it flying diagonally downward. This move will not stick opponents to the Katamari but instead will deal 11% and slight upward knockback. IF…and this is a fairly large IF (as you can see it is in caps even) the opponent is stuck to the Katamari from say…the neutral aerial, this attack will deal 16% to the stuck opponent when the Katamari hits the ground.

Of course, one could also use this attack after the neutral aerial to hurl an opponent off stage while they’re stuck…but that would be a disgusting disregard for Our Katamari. Simply S-I-C-K of you, young Prince.

Up Aerial – Katamari Juggle
Holding Our Katamari above his head, The Prince will begin spinning it like a magical ball-shaped top. Or something. This is your basic overly-used multiple hitting aerial attack that every character ever has. The Prince is no different. This will deal 3% per hit with upward knockback, repeatedly juggling Our Prince's foe as he juggles the Katamari. It almost looks impressive. This will hit up to four times by the way.

If an opponent is stuck to the Katamari, they will spin around the Katamari like a tumbleweed in a washing machine, increasing the with of this attack with by the opponent's width. It will deal the same damage to opponents but only 6% to the opponent stuck on the Katamari.

Back Aerial – Katamari Shake
The Prince, with all of his princely might, thrusts the Katamari behind him and flails it about. This will deal a few pathetic hits of 2% for a maximum of 12% total. Once he is done, Our Prince will pull the Katamari before him once again. If however the opponent is stuck to the Katamari through your Neutral Air, the Prince will shake the foe like a tree in a storm of wind before shaking them off the Katamari. This will ensure that the Prince lands all of the hits, dealing 12% to the stuck opponent and normal damage to any other foes hit. A fairly basic attack but what can you expect? We are almost done writing this and it's starting to grow tiresome for Us.

Down Aerial – Katamari Ditch
So similar to your Down Smash young Prince? We could’ve come up with a much more creative move I’m sure but…if you wish it to be so, then yes. Leaping onto the top of the Katamari, The Prince will stand there as if he were some kind of statue, balancing on it as it falls. This puts the Katamari directly below The Prince, shielding him from below. But of course, We know the true usage of this attack. We will even share it with you since We are feeling overly generous today, be thankful. Once The Prince is standing on top of his Katamari, he may leap off of it as if it were a platform. This will instantly do something called a “foot stool jump” to the Katamari, sending it flying downward. If used off stage, The Prince will have wasted one of Our precious Katamaris to the abyss. If used on stage however, he can get the drop on his foes quite literally with this move. An opponent hit by the Katamari after it has been “foot stool jump’d” will take 12% and stick to the Katamari! Any opponent who is under the Katamari while The Prince is still on it will simply stick and take 6%.

Of course....if you cleverly used it after your neutral aerial, this could be used to hurl them off stage as well. If you’re going to get rid of your Katamari anyway, you may as well take someone with it, no? After you leap off the Katamari, any opponents stuck to it will take 14% damage if it lands on stage; squishing them between the Katamari and the ground below.

We suggest you use this move to recover, young Prince. Your Up Special is far too risky if you happen to bother Us during Our shows…or before your Katamari is big enough. Understood?

Final Smash

Katamari On The Rocks

What’s this?! Our young Prince has smashed open the Smash Ball? There must be some kind of irony there…but We do not care much for irony. With a royal rainbow glow to him the Prince will tap the special button and, We, The King of All Cosmos, will make Our grand reappearance; We all know you missed Us. Our beautiful face will appear above the stage where We will then make a quick comment on the match, possibly about how poorly you’re doing Prince. Or perhaps we’ll be kind and mock one of your equally not-as-amazing-as-Us opponents. Once We have finished talking (We won’t talk long, We know you’re very busy making Our stars), a slew of typical household objects will fall from the heavens! These household objects include but are not limited to pandas, sumo wrestlers, giant mushrooms, waterfowl, large watermelons, school children and occasionally presents!

Each of these objects will deal slight damage to foes, about 5% each…but there will be a massive amount of them falling from the sky! While this certainly is great to annoy your rivals with falling objects, the main catch here, one that We recommend you use if you are clever enough young Prince, is to roll up these objects! Rolling up any object will add 10% to the Katamari’s % total. A great way to rack up damage on foes and to add % to your Katamari. After 12 seconds, this rain of things will cease. Do not screw up this golden opportunity as there is no silver one.

Style of Play
Playing style section? What is this nonsense? Do you really need Us to explain how Our Prince plays in this Smashing Siblings? It is as plain as day! Lying right before you! Experiment some before begging for the easy way out! But...if you insist, We shall tell you a few ins and outs of Our Prince's gameplay.

First and firstly-of-all, one will want to get a Katamari as soon as possible. Without a Katamari, Our Prince is limited to simply his boring moves, a single weak smash and one aerial, much like the one known as "Olimar" without his carrot-men. Once you have a Katamari, you will want to build up your foes damage as if you were building a tower. Roll them up with your Katamari as soon as possible and as much as possible in order to build up its % so you can activate the Royal Rainbow without punishment and finish them off. If your opponent is playing defensively, you can simply hide behind your Katamari and use your Up Smash to build up the Katamari's % yourself. This will force them to approach and try and stop you; after all...if they don't, you'll simply build up to a high percent and steamroller over them.

Your tilts and smashes are a great way to build up damage but your aerials can also be very useful for doing so as well. Your aerials also serve as your only other real form of KO'ing. If you can stick your foe to the Katamari and then hurl them to their doom, you'll be able to KO without having to build up your Katamari's % to the top. Either way though, regardless of which method you use; you'll end up losing the Katamari you currently are using.

Also keep in mind your defenses. While the Katamari provides an excellent shield against foes, it makes turning incredibly diffcult. Our Prince is also very light; a solid smash attack will send him flying even at lower percentages. Constantly staying on the move will make you a dangerous and hard to hit target, but on smaller stages, you'll have very little room to get about making turning and stopping all the more difficult. Also keep in mind Our Prince's terrible traction; you can easily end up tripping and lose your Katamari if you're just dashing about blindly. The first few minutes of the fight will probably be the hardest for you young Prince. Your Katamari is small and it's fairly predictable. You'll want to focus on your aerial attacks during these early stages not only to fill up your Katamari's % but to put some serious pain on your foes. Once your Katamari is larger, you'll be able to simply steamroller them with your Side Special and other such moves.

Essentially, you will start small young Prince. Small as the smallest of small things. But with constant effort and hard work, you and your Katamari will grow to incredible sizes. Such is the way of the Katamari.

Presents

Presents?! Who left those there? It certainly wasn’t Us and We would not admit it even if it was. Anyway, We shall explain them. Presents are Items that will randomly appear during battle. They will look like…presents. We told you this wasn’t rocket science. Yes, they will appear as small wrapped boxes with colorful ribbon and paper that are about half the size of the Crates that already exist in Smash Siblings. Upon picking one of these up, the screen will flash a light green (not Our favorite color but We had no choice). Nothing will happen…until you leave the match. You can then go to the Vault option and select Presents.

So what -ARE- presents you impatiently ask with a very annoying tone in your voice? We don’t appreciate being talked to that way really but We know you don’t mean it. Presents are random little knick-knacks that serve no practical purpose at all. Just like the real thing. These Presents can range from anything to guitars, to halos, to hula-hoops, to comical hairstyles! These Presents can then be equipped to characters in order to customize them to your liking. To add your own personal (yet probably tacky) touch to each and every character. These presents do not change the size of the characters’ hurtboxes and such and, as previously mentioned, serve no real purpose.

But We know you’ll be happy just to give that evil guy an afro. You’re welcome.

Cousins

Ah! So Our young Prince's Cousins care to join in the festivities, yes? Riding Our Prince's non-existant coattails as usual, hmm? Fine then. We shall allow it. Instead of alternate colors (We much like the Prince green as he is), The Prince will have alternate "Cousins". These Cousins act exactly as The Prince, even if they may appear different physically. Lazy you say? Convenient We say. Unfortunately, We had to limit it down to a select ten Cousins. While there are at least forty others who We are sure would like a piece of this action, We are sure they will end up as downloadable with a price on them. So is business.

Ichigo
Oh Ichigo, why are We not surprised to see you here? Yes Ichigo has been wandering about aimlessly since Katamari Damacy first started. She looks strangely like a strawberry and has a weird habit of eating only the strawberries from her strawberry shortcake. We find this strange. We're also starting to get weirded out by you always showing up...

Foomin
Foomin! We assume you're here by mistake yes? Foomin has two heads and therefore has twice the brainpower. Unfortunately neither brain is particularly smart...she also has a weird obsession with fashion. This confuses Us as she insists on wearing bright orange pants..

Dipp
Hello Dipp, trying to be center of attention as always? Dipp loves to be noticed and also enjoys clubbing. He originally had circular strobe lights as pictured above but later changed them to the far more tacky star shaped. It figures that he would want to join The Prince here; We wish he knew the difference between standing out and being annoying.

Twinkle
A shooting star? Oh, it's just you Twinkle. You got Our hopes up. Twinkle is a second cousin and is, obviously, shaped like a star. He somehow manages to be more of a klutz than Our Prince. He manages to damage things around him just by walking. Himself included. He's still a nice guy though.

Peso
Peso! We almost didn't see you there; unremarkable as always, yes? Peso has a rounded head...but as of late it's started to look more tear-shaped; We wonder how he's done that. He used to be quite the dancer but as of late has given it up to play golf instead. We agree that that is equally as boring as Peso.

Slip
Prince aga-oh. Hello Slip. We almost couldn't tell it was you. Almost. As one can see, Slip is essentially a flat version of Our Prince. He sometimes gets swept away in strong winds or falls through cracks in the floor. He does make a good bookmark however.

Miso
That smell is familar. Oh, it's Miso. Miso is one of The Prince's cousins who resembles a bowl of miso soup. She also smells like it. We are, however, surprised to see here here as we are well aware of her dislike of exercise. Oh well, good to see you again Miso.

Signolo
Signolo! You look as...weird as always. Signolo has three faces that flash on and off in intervals. We suppose some could think this is cool but We personally find it kind of creepy. We never know which face we should be speaking to.

The Princess
Ah, The Princess. Whether she is The Prince's sister or a young version of Our Queen, even We are uncertain. What with timetravel and that sort of stuff. She does however look very much like Our Queen to further add to the confusion. We will have to investigate this.

Mag
Mag, greetings. A very digitial cousin, Mag simply puts the "E" in digital. We are almost ashamed to admit this but...We are uncertain if Mag is a he or a she. We blame the machines. Not our fault. Also, if one picks Mag as their character, RoboKing will appear to stand in for Us. Please try and understand that that imitation won't be nearly as amazing as Us. It is hard to beat the B-E-S-T however.

The King's Thoughts

And so, that is all We have written for Our young Prince. Hopefully We have given him enough to succeed in this Smashing Siblings. Despite how hard We may be on him, We still care for him and wish for him to do well. Tough love you know. So, with this fresh in your mind, We will leave you with a few choice words that We feel are appropriate for the situation.

Marble. Asparagus. Rainbow. Tangerine. Hog. Table. Rabbit. Igloo. Nature. Ink. Treasure. Yak.

We feel those words are very important. We're also sure that you, the reading reader, will understand them quite clearly. Goodbye for now, Smashing folk.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I have never laughed so hard in my life.

I'm not dead, but apparently my router rejects xat for some reason so I can't connect to the chat :c

Oh well. Here's to a good MYM everyone :bee:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
THE KING OF ALL COSMOS

You don’t need me to tell you that this was incredibly enjoyable to read, MarbleTable. This blows Negative Man out of the water in terms of enjoyable writing style, though in Negative Man it was a lot more warranted than here. Either way, gotta love the king constantly going on about random tangents, and regularly insulting the prince/humans/the reader/logic/everything else under the sun. Can definitely tell that you had loads of fun writing this.

As far as the actual moveset contained within, the main concept is definitely quite interesting in moving around a gigantic ball that’s separated from the main character to roll over foes, as well as the unique but intuitive method of getting it bigger. While he has a good chunk of filler inputs, you’ve gotten out of your habit of having lots of similar inputs that you’ve been struggling with for a while in this moveset, and the writing style helps to make the filler inputs at least somewhat amusing. While I’m sure somebody will complain about him being worthless without his balls (as any man is), one thing I think is much more unituitive than that and awkward is just how inconsistent the ball is a grab hitbox. If certain moves turn it from a grab hitbox to a regular one, why am I even using those attacks? That, and there’s just so little logic for when it is and isn’t a grab hitbox, particularly with him jumping onto the ball several times and sometimes sticking to it and sometimes being able to stand on it. Don’t blow that criticism out of proportion though. This is easily better than anything you did in MYM 8, MarbleTable.

WEEZING

With the addition of throws, I don’t feel Muk truly lacks in inputs now that he has throws, considering what you –could’ve- done. Anyone remember Grimer from Rool’s Rocket Grunt who could never be knocked into the air and thus had no aerials? Yeah. At least Smady had the balls to give Muk any form of air game and technically filled out all the inputs with the directional aerials. . .That said, it’s still eating away at me and a recurring nuisance none the less.

The basic concept of Muk is decent enough, what you’d expect. While I agree to an extent with DM about redundancy in spreading the toxic waste around, I disagree in that I actually like what you do with platforms in connecting them to the main stage which automatically becomes filled with sludge. The tendrils connecting platforms are one of the more logical things in the set that actually make sense, and I’m surprised nobody else has tried to emulate those tendrils from Brinstar until now. Combined with Muk’s throw that treats the foe like a Sludge Bomb, it becomes all the better.

That said, Muk definitely does have his awkward moments none the less. Most obvious are the dsmash having Muk kill himself with a Pokemon syndrome like move, moving the stage up vertically with Up Special under no logical grounds, and the writing style being a complete and utter mess that forces me to just piece together myself how half of his game works exactly. I’ve been trying to make my sets have more logical interactions recently, and everything that happens in this set just doesn’t seem to happen for any real reason, such as the utilt randomly making the grime near it stick around longer, the effects of the afore mentioned Up Special/Down Smash, or the random health of sludge bombs when attached to platforms. Muk would be almost as awkward to play as he would be to read. –Almost-.

STEEL/GHOST GOLEM

Yes, Goruugu should be Steel/Ghost, and I’m going to hurt whoever at Gamefreak decided to make him Ground/Ghost, as well as make Desukan pure Ghost instead of Ground/Ghost. Moving on. . .

I’m pleasantly surprised by your decision to make Goruugu a realistic size, as he just wouldn’t really feel like himself if he were downgraded. While I find it random as hell that he can fly, much less at super speeds, it’s canon and actually in the Pokedex, so whatever. It gives him some options to make his laggy attacks actually connect and is an obvious recovery when any other recovery would be torture.

The set instantly clicked the moment I got to Mud Slap. In particular, the interactions with Neutral Special and Night Shade are just fantastic. While you didn’t give him many tech chasing options, if Goruugu creates pitfall traps which the foe doesn’t know the location of through Night Shade, then rolling after having been knocked to the ground by one of Goruugu’s many, many moves could very well get them pitfalled. You can go attack where the pitfall isn’t in case they go that way instead. It all works quite well, though at times, particularly the playstyle summary, the set doesn’t seem to recognize its’ own potential. Night Shade is just such a brilliant move that opens up so many opportunities for a super heavyweight while actually keeping his attacks slow as they should be.

There’s an iffy move here or there, such as the uair and the mirrored fair/bair, as well as having to keep the foe in the grab for a stupidly long amount of time to make it work or else it backfires. . .But you can just body slam them whenever you wish for 20%. Might wanna clarify that. Either way, despite its flaws, the main meat of the set is sheer brilliance. While only a handful of people have commented it, I’ll still say this none the less – this guy is underrated as hell.

FORRETRESS

Nattorei is a decent enough pokeset, and while it’s comparable to a certain other Pokeset, it doesn’t have blatantly mirrored inputs and doesn’t focus on just spreading and spamming spikes en mass. The coolest additions from said Pokeset are Leech Seed which is an awesome move that contributes plenty in and of itself to a field of Spikes, as well as giving our quad weak to fire Mon something to do besides revolve around spikes with his iron barbs. I quite like how you handled them with using the three iron barbs as “ammo” for many of his moves, enough to give it a feel of consistency. The best part of this is when Forre-Nattorei uses his generic spin aerial to make the iron barbs all spin regardless of their location, great fun especially with Down Special. . .Although speaking of Down Special you still reference the old Down Special that you removed, Ingrain, in the last paragraph of the playstyle summary. . .

Is it as good as your MYM 8 Pokesets? Not really, if only for some of the moves which while cool like the fair don’t really seem to contribute much to Nattorei’s game, and the comparability with a certain other Pokemon who replaces the grass with bug. None the less, it’s definitely close – you can just consider that a compliment to Magmortar and Hariyama.

LARRY KOOPA

The youngest Koopaling may appear to be an elementary character who just wants to cover the entire stage in his chosen liquid like another similar stereotypical character, but the fact that Jr. doesn’t do so much of the spreading of paint himself as he forces goop covered foes to move to different positions to spread the paint for him is what sets him apart. This gives him a very unique “set-up” phase that doesn’t feel like set-up at all, which is definitely good considering that with the time limit on the goop his whole game is technically “set-up”. Jr. can constantly pressure the foe around by knocking them airborne (Or forcing them to go there via his grab) and using his aerials to choose where they land, his Homing Fireballs to make them flee, and all sorts of other fun stuff. DM gave a good quick summary of how to tell if a character was defensive in the chat yesterday with if they were reactive or proactive, and Jr. is without a doubt the later. Jr. is a spacer, but he relies on the foe’s location rather than his own. Nevermind other cool stuff like the dair and dsmash to keep foes trapped in place for his grab. . .And I know this is irrelevant, but that Final Smash is actually GOOD, such a rarity nowadays. It's like Hugo with splitting up inputs among characters, but on a much smaller and feasible scale. A superb start to MYM 9, and you’re definitely doing a great job of picking up where you left off at the end of MYM 8.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Sorry For not commenting these sooner, I feel like a douchbag

John Marston
Okay, so John Marston. First things first, I really like your organization. The way you arranged the moves around the weapons was very fresh and easy to read. I liked your extras, especially the SSE role, which is something we dont see very often. The moves were cool, and the final smash was epic. Really, I dont have many complaints, except for the bare bones playstyle section and matchups, but really thats just a nitpick. Good work, I hope you keep movesetting.

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk
In short, muck was a cool Idea that you pulled off really well. The move interactions work really well. This being my most anticipated moveset from you(aside from a certain paper mario character), it didnt disappoint. Is it as good as Weezing...of that Im not sure yet. Its a good read, and I was definitly excited when it was posted. Like I said, you didn't disappoint, Smady, Im looking forward to your others!

Arle
Okay, on to Arle. Arle is, put in short, extremely well made. The moves are detailed, the playstyle is well thought out and constructed nicely. Im very impressed with this one. I liked the Power orbs effect, and you handled it quite nicely as well. One thing: while it is certainly a well made set, it seems like you are a bit afraid to make her overpowered. While this can sometimes be a good thing, it makes her a bit underpowered. Besides that minor complaint, I have really nothing else to complain about. Nice job!

Dark Samus
So, another newcomer set, huh? MYM9 sure seems to be drawing you guys in, not that its a bad thing ;). Dark Samus is a good moveset, it has a good mechanic and a good playstyle. Some moves are a bit bare-bones, but theres nothing wrong with that. The only real complaint I have is the side special, which really is just a clone move. Other than that, I'd say just put a bit more color in the moveset, as it does get a bit tiresome seeing the same color over and over and over. Good first moveset, I hope you continue to improve in the future!

n88

Smash Lord
Gettin' the comment train a-rollin'. . .

The first of our (excellent) selection of newcomer sets this contest is Micaiah! BKupa, DM, and MT have all given you some great advice on BBCoding. Adding a splash of color to your movesets is certainly a good idea, as it makes it a bit easier to read. You've also evidently put a lot of effort into the set, which is great. The alternate styles were also pretty cool, although I generally liked the ranged, Light-style moves better than the Staff attacks. As a small nitpick, I think the set would have read better if the moves were presented in order of style, rather than type of attack, as in putting all the Light moves before all the Staff moves, or vice versa, rather than having it broken up. Doing it like so allows you to focus more on what each is all about and keep up a good flow between moves. Anyway, the set was quite enjoyable as a whole, and although I don't get your hint due to being completely unfamiliar with FE, I'm certainly ready for your next moveset.

And next up, we've got Thanos. Nice to see a Marvel set, since there are 218903571098570127856 Marvel characters that need movesets, and I don't recall seing any since GW's Venom, way back in the olden days of MYM7. You start off with a rather interesting mechanic in the form of the Infinity Gauntlet gems, which provide little buffs that affect how you play Thanos rather than being a more traditional (and extreme) transformation move. Right off the bat, though, Time Gem sticks out to me as being quite a bit weaker than all the others, as his movement is still no great shakes even when he is using it. It just doesn't seem to measure up to free healing, a counter, or a recovery move. You did a good job making Thanos seem fun to play, and I'll be darned if I don't wanna take him for a test-drive right after reading this. My only real gripe with the set is that you may have drawn a little too much from MvC2, with nearly every move being drawn from it, which seems a little odd when MvC2 isn't really Thanos's source material. But you've done a good jobe here nonetheless. (Y)

Slooooooooowly catching up.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Who Likes Pokesets? You like Pokesets!

Electivire

Electivire. The Thunderbolt Pokemon. The evolved form of Electabuzz, what he lacks in speed he makes up for in power.

Electivire is a Pokemon with the entirely unique ability Motor Drive. While Electivire is normally a somewhat slow Pokemon, its metabolism literally runs on electricity. Instead of taking damage from Electric-type attacks, Electivire absorbs them, increasing his speed and turning him from a slow, frail bruiser into lightning fast powerhouse.

Electivire has a huge movepool and hits hard with both Physical and Special attacks, able to use a dozen Fighting-type moves alongside other powerful attacks. Electivire also has specially evolved twin tails that can grab enemies and fry them with electricity, making him a dangerous opponent in physical combat.

Stats

Electivire is a big and heavy Pokemon, nearly six feet tall and weighing in at over 300 pounds. In Brawl, he is about the same size and weight as Donkey Kong. His fallspeed, traction, and jump height are all terribly average too. His range and power are somewhat exceptional though.

Electivire's biggest weakness is his horribly slow movement speed. He's just around Ganondorf speed on the ground, and just as bad in the air. His recovery is pretty unremarkable as well, and if he's knocked far enough horizontally from the stage, he's as good as dead.

Electivire does have a way to work around this weakness though. Every time Electivire is struck by an Electric-type attack, he still takes full damage, but it increases his speed through his Motor Drive. He starts the match without any charge from his Motor Drive, but with each time he's struck by an electric hitbox, his speed increases.

When Electivire has been struck by lightning five times, it maxes out, and he's about as fast as Captain Falcon on the ground and Yoshi in the air. Of course, there is one major problem there. How on earth is he supposed to be able to get consistently charged up by electricity?

Specials

Neutral Special > Charge Beam

Electivire holds out his hand and generates a ball of static electricity in it. After about a fifth of a second of charge-up, he releases it in a stream of thunder, about the range of Bowser's flamethrower. Like with flamethrower, this attack deals damage in multiple hits, but pushes enemies back as they're hit by it, dealing about 12% damage on average.

It's a decent spacing tactic and has a fair bit of range, but what Electivire is really looking for from this move is the feedback. Using this attack charges up Electivire's Motor Drive, getting him moving faster and helping build up his Electric charge.

The attack only works if Electivire actually deals damage with it. If Electivire just strikes the air, he can't absorb static electricity in order to power up his Motor Drive.

Up Special > Elecball

Elecball? Isn't that that new 5th Gen move that does more damage the faster your character is? I can't imagine how that's relevant to this set. Electivire clenches his fists as a yellow-blue ball of lightning emerges from the horns on his head. If you think this sounds like the start of PK Thunder, you'd be right.

The ball travels at about the same speed with the same turning radius as Lucas's PK Thunder, keeping a constant trail between the projectile and Electivire that deals 1% and flinches foes who touch it.

You can control the movement of the ball of lightning with the control stick, but your goal isn't to hit Electivire with it to knock him back to the stage. You want to drive the ball of lightning, until it hits something, anything. When you do, it flashes. Now normally, this would just be the end of the move, but if you smash the B button when it flashes, Electivire will travel along the path of lightning and slam into where the projectile hit, dealing 11% damage and moderate knockback, certainly enough to kill at high percentages.

You can sweetspot the ledge with this, move to a different part of the stage, or even slam Electivire right into opponents. And it doesn't even leave him helpless.

Of course, the range is limited by just how charged up Electivire is. It barely travels as far as two battlefield platforms if Electivire is completely out of electricity, but each level of charge adds another battlefield platform worth of length to the projectile.

And, to top it off, the projectile has more power with more electric charge! Uncharged, it deals only two hits of 3% damage, but it deals another 3% damage for every level of charge Electivire has until it reaches a whopping 21%.

Be careful though, if you miss, or don't teleport with it, the attack has horrible ending lag. And while it does have decent opportunity for vertical recovery, because of how you have to turn it, if Electivire isn't charged at all, it has basically no horizontal recovery potential either. And since it doesn't actually move him without the teleport, it's gimpable too if you can only hit the ledge.

Down Special > Discharge

Somehow, I bet you knew that this move was coming up. With absolutely no lag, on par with Fox's Reflector or Luigi's Super Jump Punch, Electivire clenches, releasing all of his stored up electricity in a single blast around him, laughing as enemies near him are blown away by high set knockback, launching them about halfway across Battlefield. An extremely powerful move.

That is, if Electivire has electricity stored in his Motor Drive. While the attack deals anywhere from 15-35% damage if Electivire has energy stored up, without any electricity, this is little more than a weak 'get away' attack dealing 6% damage and pushing foes less than a battlefield platform away from him.

This is a great last-ditch kill move though, as at higher charges the knockback growth of the move increases dramatically. It can also be a deadly killer offstage, if you can land it.

Be advised though, using Discharge completely exhausts Electivire of all the electricity he has built up. And if you use it offstage, you can score a kill, but you probably won't be able to get back to the stage with his suddenly reduced air speed and recovery.

It's a deadly move if you use it right, but dangerous to yourself if you don't use it at the right time. Be smart about it.

Side Special > Thunder Wave

Now listen close, because this is one of Electivire's most important moves. Throwing his arms and his tails forward, Electivire blasts a ring of energy in front of him, affecting everything within two stagebuilder blocks of him.

This ring of electricity doesn't do any damage, much like it's namesake move, but deals a huge amount of hitstun and stops opponents in the middle of their attacks. It's not much more than a way to get both players into a frame neutral state though.

That is, unless Electivire has an electrical charge. By investing a level of his built up electricity into this attack, Electivire not only stuns the foe, he PARALYZES them.

When an opponent is paralyzed, both their movement speed and air speed are cut in half, and they are constantly surrounded by yellow sparks of static electricity. More importantly though, paralyzed foes take double the hitstun from attacks, making them much more open to follow-up moves and combos.

Paralysis only lasts for 10 seconds, but he can get a lot of damage in while the foe is paralyzed. Since the move doesn't deal damage either, enemies can't get their recover back from it, making it fantastic for gimping too.

Paralyzing the foe is the key to successful play as Electivire. Use it well, and you'll never go wrong.

Grab and Throws

Grab > Tail Wrap

Electivire has an extremely good grab game, thanks to those prehensile tails of his. While they're relatively short-ranged for a tether grab, they don't come with the usual limited angle of effectiveness or end lag of a tether grab either, making it one of the best grabs in the game.

Pummel > Thundershock

Electivire lifts the opponent over his head, slamming their back onto the horns jutting out on top. Hold down the A button, and he releases a torrent of electricity into the enemy, dealing 5% damage a second for as long as you hold it out.

While this has the best damage output of all pummels, it has more starting and ending lag than any other pummel at the same time. For that reason, it's much less effective at low damage percentages, and it's harder to throw an opponent after you hit them with the pummel, as they can escape after you release the Thundershock.

Down Throw > Shock Stomp

Electivire slams the opponent into the ground with his tails, and then stomps on them hard with his right foot, releasing electricity from his tails at the same time. The opponent takes 7% damage and is knocked away slightly, with a bit of hitstun.

Sound like a move prime for following up? You bet it is. Not only does this move have plenty of attack follow ups, it's also the prime attack for Electivire's chaingrab.

Yes, Electivire has a chaingrab. However, he can't pull it off except at very low percentages, as, like Falco's chaingrab, as the opponent's damage rises higher, they're knocked further away until he can no longer grab them.

In fact, Electivire can only actually pull off the chaingrab once... without a Motor Drive increase. It varies from character to character, but as a standard rule of thumb, every level of Motor Drive increase means that Electivire can pull off another level of his chaingrab, up to 40% at full charge.

Due to the angle of the throw though, paralyzing the opponent helps for some follow-ups, but you can't increase the number of chaingrabs without increasing Electivire's Motor Drive level.

Up Throw > Thunderbolt

Electivire holds the opponent over the head with his tails, and his horns tingle with lighting. Suddenly, a wicked thunderbolt bursts from his sky, striking him like a lightning rod, dealing 13% damage and sending the opponent sky high.

It's without a doubt Electivire's best throw when it comes to kills, killing most enemies at around 120% or so, and it's nasty in free-for-alls thanks to its ability to hit aerial enemies to.

It's also the only throw Electivire has that he can never follow up on, as the one thing he can't handle very well, even at high motor drive levels, is opponents who are up high. The only move he can possibly follow up with on it is his Up Smash, and most opponents will try to dodge before it hits.

Forward Throw > Fling

Generic name is generic, but useful throw is useful.

Electivire just tosses the opponent away at a slightly high angle, dealing 7% damage. It can be followed up with similarly to Down Throw, but generally only with aerials after a Motor Drive boost.

What the move is good for is spacing, as it keeps the foe right in that nice, middle range to hit foes with Charge Beam with. While it isn't a 'true' combo unless the foe is paralyzed, enemy instinct usually is going to be to either dodge or move towards you, so can land the attack whether they do either one.

Back Throw > Mega Punch

Electivire holds the opponent up behind him, chuckles deeply, and whirls around, delivering a spinning punch that knocks the enemy away with decent knockback and 11% damage.

This move can kill foes and has good knockback regardless of opponent's damage, making it good for trying to knock opponents offstage or gimping. It's not very good for follow-ups though, and the only follow ups Electivire has for the attack are his aerials. It's never the clear best move for Electivire to use, but it certainly has its uses.

Standards

Jab > Lightning Palm

Electivire thrusts his palm forward, slapping opponents and dealing 5% damage with a fair bit of hitstun. This move is one of the key openings for a lot of Electivire's moves, although exactly what he can do out of it depends on whether the enemy is paralyzed or not.

Electivire can always use his Grab or his Jab Combo out of a single jab hit, as well as his Up Tilt. Against paralyzed foes though, his Forward Tilt and Dash Attack become available combos to pull out of it as well.

If you continue his jab combo, he elbows the foe quickly, dealing 3% damage, buying time to get a big punch in with his right arm for 7% damage.

It's neither particularly fast nor particularly slow for a jab, but, like many characters' jabs, has a lot of options that you can play out of with it, especially with paralyzed enemies.

Forward Tilt > Thunderpunch

There's an argument to be made that this is Electivire's signature move. Electivire's right fist glows yellow, and he leans back and strikes forward with his Thunderpunch for 11% damage.

Like many Forward Tilts, this can be angled, and how you angle it affects what, if any, follow-ups you have for this attack. Angle it down to keep the foe closer to the ground, where it can be followed up by his Dash Attack or other ground moves, while angled up allows for aerial follow-ups.

Thunderpunch is hardly a combo move though; except for at extremely low percentages, he'll knock foes too far away to combo with them. At high levels of Motor Drive though, Electivire can chase foes with it pretty effectively, and if the opponent misguesses how you angle it, you can strike them where they don't expect.

While paralysis doesn't guarantee any combos with Thunderpunch though, it can make it easier to hit with some of Electivire's slower, more powerful moves.

Up Tilt > Brick Break

Electivire raises his arm over his head, sparks flying from it, but not to nearly the same intensity as for Thunderpunch though. After a moment, he slams his arm downwards. It's slightly slower and doesn't have the same range, and deals 9% with a little hitstun and knocks foes downwards.

Brick Break is much better for following up with Thunderpunch, especially at higher percentages, but it's slightly harder to hit with. It does, notably, combo directly into his Down Tilt, and can be much more deadly for comboing with paralyzed foes. At low percentages, it combos into itself, but has low enough range that it will quickly push the enemy out of range.

Against paralyzed foes, it always combos into Electivires grab, just like the first hit of the jab, and, interestingly, is also an excellent follow up to Electivire's grab release. If you can paralyze the opponent, you can get damage out of Electivire's grab release, but a well timed tech, or high damage percentages, will let foes slip out of the way.

Down Tilt > Low Kick

Electivire drops down in his crouch and sends out one leg to knock opponents down. It 'is' a level up move, so don't be calling Pokemon Syndrome on this. It's a decently fast tilt, but doesn't have any hitstun to it at all.

The kick deals 7% damage and pops enemies up with a little knockback. At low percentages, it follows up with Electivire's Forward Aerial, but little else.

It's also good for setting knocking nearby opponents back and spacing opponents, and is also good for spacing the enemy for a Charge Beam.

Dash Attack > Wild Bolt

Oh boy, now this is a key piece for Electivire's moveset. The new 5th Gen physical Electric-type move, it's nearly Electivire's bread and butter.

Electivire leans forward with his left shoulder, barging towards the opponent as thunderbolts streak along his body. The start up and end lag are somewhat long, but the move makes up for it with 14% damage and excellent hitstun and knockback up and away from him.

And, as a Dash Attack, you may imagine that increasing Electivire's dash speed makes this move even better. And you'd be right! The higher Electivire's Motor Drive boost is, the more ground he covers using this move. He barely trudges forward at low charge, while he dashes over two battlefield platforms' distance at full charge.

It's also a fantastic move to follow up from, especially at high Motor Drive levels, where he can chase opponents into the air even at high percentages.

Despite the momentum, approaching basis of Wild Bolt though, it can be useful even without any electrical charge. The starting knockback, while to high to follow up without higher speed, is fantastic for spacing foes for Charge Beam. Just make sure that you trigger the move just right to hit them though, as the range is nothing to be proud of.

Smashes

Forward Smash > Dynamic Punch

All of Electivire's smashes are powerful, but will use up a level of electrical charge of Motor Drive if he has any, so spam them at your own risk.

Electivire turns torso slightly, building up torque as he winds up his right arm, static electricity jolting off of his arm. When released, Electivire punches, spinning around a full revolution to get a little extra force behind his fist before knocking them away.

As far as kill smashes go, this is one of the best. It kills at 90% uncharged, and 80% uncharged if he has any electricity used in the attack. The attack deals 24-36% damage and a fair bit of hitstun too, but even with full Motor Drive, the idea of chasing an opponent launched by this attack is hilarious.

As you may imagine, it's a tad hard to hit with, with starting lag near, but not quite as bad as Falcon Punch.

At high percentages though, this move can be easy to set up with Electivire's Thunder Wave though. Thunder Wave can knock an already paralyzed foe into a great deal of hitstun, and a follow up with Dynamic Punch can score the kill. This strategy requires investing three levels of Motor Drive in though, one for paralyzing, one for Thunder Wave, and one for Dynamic Punch itself. Doing so against an enemy at a high percentage is a practically guaranteed kill.

Up Smash > Thunder

It's like thunderbolt but more so. Charging up energy, Electivire performs a move much like Pikachu's Thunder, but in reverse, firing from Electivire into the air. The bolt of lightning deals 18-28% damage and is a deadly kill move; even more so against opponents who are high up, where it can kill foes at surprisingly low percentages. And it has plenty of hitstun too.

So what happens if you've got a Motor Drive boost when you use this move? Nothing, at first. But two seconds later, the same lightning bolt strikes right back down. This can be a great way to zone out the opponent, but if Electivire stands in the bolt, it will recharge his Motor Drive. Do you stay where you can get punished, or sacrifice the chance to charge up in exchange for security and defense?

If the opponent is paralyzed, and not paying particularly good attention, you might even hit them with both ends of the lightning bolt.

Down Smash > Iron Tail

Crouching down, Electivire growls as he slaps his twin tails across both sides of him, first in front, then in back. This low angled attack has a lot of range and is pretty fast too, dealing 17-26% damage, 21-30% damage if Electivire has a Motor Drive boost. It knocks opponents upward with decent, but not too terribly impressive knockback, and its long horizontal range makes it ideal for switching from a ground-based offense to an air-based one.

With a Motor Drive boost, the attack becomes electrified, dealing extra hitstun, especially to paralyzed foes. Prepared right, this is a fantastic combo piece, and even without combos, is fast enough and ranged enough to force foes away when you're playing defensive. Careful though, if the enemy is even slightly off the ground, you're not hitting with this.

Aerials

Neutral Aerial > Static

Yes, just like the ability Electabuzz has before it evolves. Electivire covers his entire body in static electricity, quite similar to Mewtwo's Neutral Aerial from Super Smash Bros. Melee.

While it covers his entire body, the range beyond that is pretty pathetic, making it hardly a good move when Electivire is playing aggressively. The high hitstun and multiple hits can make it a great move for playing defensively though, as it can easily rack up up to 16% damage on a foe.

If the opponent happens to be paralyzed too, this is especially dangerous. It's hard to hit with, but if you manage to do it, you're totally free to follow up with another attack. For that reason, this attack, is also fun to use out of shorthops, to prepare for a strong ground attack like Dynamic Punch or ThunderPunch.

Forward Aerial > Cross Chop

Electivire leans forward, raising both of his electrified arms into the air, and slams them down, with downwards knockback and 14% damage.

It's a relatively slow aerial, but it makes up for it with the ability to spike, range, and raw damage output, and it is one of the best moves for Electivire to end combos with after chasing them from a Motor Drive boost, and it's still a strong aerial move on it's own.

Back Aerial > Mega Kick

Mega Kick? Are you really choosing a move that generic? Yes, yes, it's a back aerial, now shut up.

Mega Kick is in many ways the counterpart to Cross Chop, but they have very different uses. Mega Kick is slightly faster, dealing 11% damage and knocking foes horizontally, rather than downwards like Cross Chop does.

Electivire can approach with this move, but he's got better things to be doing to approach, and even then, he can only do that when he's got a Motor Drive boost to get close enough. It is good as an edgeguarding move though, especially if the opponent is paralyzed, as it becomes harder and harder to travel horizontally back to the stage.

Up Aerial > Tail Slam

Using his tails, Electivire reaches up above him, wrapping any opponent he grabs in his tails, shocks them for 6% damage, and tosses them below him with weak downwards knockback.

Since Electivire doesn't particularly like enemies above him except for using Thunder, this is a good way to move them where he likes them better. If the enemy is paralyzed as well, this combos directly into his Down Aerial.

Down Aerial > Body Slam

Reorienting himself, Electivire suddenly drops down faster, falling slightly forward as he angles himself towards the ground. Enemies struck by him as he falls take 11% damage and are knocked downwards with him.

Unlike most stall and falls, Electivire footstools the opponent if he hits them, exiting the attack. If he doesn't hit anything, he also stabilizes in midair after falling about two Ganondorf heights.

It's a good move for offstage killing or for simply trying to knock the foe back into the ground for more punishment. Bear in mind the footstool is as much a curse as it is a blessing; Electivire doesn't have much else to hit the foe with when he's above them, so you'll want to move to another spot, or drop down with a Charge Beam to help protect you as you descend.

Final Smash

Super Attack > Volt Change

Electivire turns into a ball of electricity! He can slam himself into the foe over and over again, bouncing off and doing more and more damage! The faster you hit the foe, the better the damage is! Super Cool!

And Electivire has full charge at the end of this attack! Viewtiful!

Playstyle

Electivire's playstyle shouldn't be too terribly hard to figure out. Hit guys with Charge Beam, build up speed with Motor Drive and paralyze them, hit them with increasingly elaborate combos, and finally use one of your multitude of KO moves to finish them off. Right?

Not quite exactly. Let's start by breaking down Charge Beam. This is without a doubt the most important move in your entire moveset, and you need to land it a few times if you want to be at all successful in battle.

You'll want to be playing somewhat defensive with it at first, using it to try to zone out approaches and keep spacing while you get faster and stronger. If the opponent won't approach, use Charge Beam out of a shorthop angled down to try to tap them with it while staying out of range.

Don't think that Charge Beam is the only thing you can do at the beginning of the match though; you've still got your chaingrab, a number of good, defensive moves in your Up and Down Smashes, and other short combos that can be very effective at low percentages. And the best part is, if you do end up knocking them out of range to approach with in the early game, they're probably still in range for Charge Beam.

There is a dynamic shift at this stage of his game where Electivire goes from defensive to offensive; once he can approach effectively with his dash, Wild Bolt, and his aerials, that's where the real fun begins.

When you're really ready to bring the heat, lay down your Thunder Wave. Thunder Wave is okay on its own, but you really want to have as full of a charge as you can to chase down enemies after you knock them away and really get the most out of it.

Wild Bolt is of course, your bread-and-butter move for approaching. With its high speed and power, you're rarely wrong going in for it, but don't get too used to just one move. Running up and going in for a grab, jab, or any of your tilts can mix up your opponent's expectations and still let you get those follow-ups you crave.

Your grab is absolutely one of the most key parts of your playstyle; the range makes it good for offense and defense, and you've got throws for every occasion, playing defensively and playing aggressively.

When it comes to actually getting the kill, you've got no shortage of options. A combination of Thunder Wave and Dynamic Punch is a deadly combination, as are Thunderbolt, Thunder, or any combination of the two. ThunderPunch can also kill if its fresh, and many of his aerials are great for gimping. And speaking of gimping, with Thunder Wave and Elecball, you've got plenty of support to do that. And of course, Discharge is as always a practically guaranteed kill if they don't shield it. Make sure to jab the opponent first to confirm the hit and make sure they can't do anything once you land it.

As touched on earlier, Electivire's offstage game can be extremely good... or extremely poor. Having a good amount of energy in Motor Drive gives him the ability to go further offstage without having to use his recovery, and gives him more room to use his recovery as well.

Most of Electivire's aerials all fit into a focus on gimping an opponent, and Elecball can be an extremely dangerou gimping move even from onstage if you aim it carefully. Elecball can even serve as a good anti-air attack or alternate approaching tool if you use it properly, and deals huge hitstun on paralyzed foes. You can even juggle foes with it, then teleport up and slam them down with your Up Aerial.

Electivire is very dangerous if the opponent lets him be, but without proper boosts from Motor Drive and paralysis, his attacks fall short of their potential and he can't properly approach his enemies.
Use him well though, and he'll destroy all enemies laid before him with the power of thunder.

Match-Ups

VS Magmortar > 40/60

Magmortar is a problem match-up for several reasons. He doesn't have to approach, nor will he ever want to approach, feeling free to hide behind Earth Power walls and Lava Plumes while making it treacherous to even attempt to get close enough to harm him.

Lava Plume also messes up some of Electivire's ground game, making Wild Bolt, one of his key approaching moves, much less viable.

Fortunately, Charge Beam does have enough range for him to jump over Earth Power walls and approach with it using short hops, and Electivire's aerials are not something that Magmortar wants to deal with. Another item to Electivire's advantage is that while he can't get all of his normal combo techniques in, once he does get some Motor Drive up, his options are numerous enough that he can come up with a combo on Magmortar regardless, and Magmortar is pretty easy to juggle.

In the end though, Magmortar takes this match because Electivire has to do exactly what Magmortar wants him to do if he wants to get anywhere. You can manipulate around him somewhat with a strong charged up Eleball or teleport where he doesn't want you to be, but it's not enough to take this match-up.

VS Thanos > 60/40

Thanos is a tough defensive cookie to crack, and he's got a whole bunch of tricks up his sleeve; his Side Special is nasty and lets him avoid having to approach and approaching with impunity when he wants to, while his grab outranges yours and is nearly as dangerous.

Despite that though, he is a bit predictable in how his moves come out, and spacing him for Charge Beam isn't difficult at all. Wild Bolt shines in this match-up, letting Electivire beat his way through almost all of his attacks to get up close and hit Thanos with his faster moves or grab.

Thanos is also pretty combo-weak, with his large target and heavy frame, and he also has to be constantly wary of where his Infinty Gems are placed. At a high charge, Electivire easily pressures him offstage, where he can be gimped without trouble if he doesn't have his space gem.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Aradia
Wow...Is this from a manga? I gotta check it out some time...
Onto the set itself, I'd say its definitly a step above your previous set. A Robotic Troll is definitly a cool character no matter how you put it. Seeing as I've never read/seen Homestuck(thats what its called, right?), there are probably a ton of refrences I don't get. Also, Darth Meanie pretty much summed it up: you've certainly got creativity, and you know what makes a move special. Now, you really have to make a big step if you want to improve even further:
Creating a playstyle section is an important part of MYMing. You certainly KNOW what playstyle is, its just that you seem a bit lost at tying it all together. There are some great articles in the Stadium if you want to read up on it, but I'll make a short summary: When you start a moveset for a character, think of what makes him/her/it special and how it would work in super smash bros. Once you have this, you can make moves to work with that Idea, and you have a playstyle.
Please don't take this comment as a negetive one, crash. Really, I did like the set, and I can see that you will be a great addition to our little corner of the interwebz. And please, do feel free to drop in the chat, it really is a great place just to chill and chat with our little community(although the do sometimes have a sick sense of humor coughchrisbenoitcough). Its a great addition to a great MYM, and I hope that you keep making movesets!

That Guy From that Game Where You Roll Balls of Garbage
Comically large title, no? Well, the young Prince is quite facinating. The one thing that really sticks out for me is the writing style. The King make my mouth laff. On a more seriouse note, I suppose that the set is quite good too. The playstyle is fun, the way you play him is fun, and the whole feel of the set is very laid back. I really enjoyed reading it, oh your Magistrate, King of all Cosmos. Say, do you happen to be that very special newcomer that MarthTrinity mentioned in the chat? You seem like the kinda guy he'd like...I cant quite put my finger on it. Oh, well. Good read, dude.

And with that, Im caught up. Three days in, and Im already burning out on comments. I'll try to keep up with you guys.

Also, any newcomer around reading this: feel free to kick back in the chat whenever. Its just fun to chill out and troll sometimes, right?

EDIT: REALLY!?
**** it, I'll get to it tomorrow.

EDIT2:Nah, I couldn't resist.

Electivire
All in all, Electivire is a really good Pokeset, DM. I like it alot more than Nattorie(not saying that Nattorie was bad, just not really my thing), especially the whole charging thing you've got. It's definitly fitting for a pokemon electric type, and one I wish I had thought of. Only complaint, generic moves may be useful, but generic moves are generic. Not that generic moves are bad, I certainly cant say I havent used them, but I would of liked moar 'splosions. Overall, I liked it, Its really good, considering my only real complaint is generic and shallow. Good work, DM, as always. I cant wait for your next, even if it does catch me off guard.

Junahu

Smash Ace
I can't believe I'm so late in commenting, in my own MYM. Well, here's ONE WHOLE COMMENT (wow!). Perhaps I'll make more later? Who knows?

Bowser Jr:

You've gotten extremely adept at characterisation, especially when it comes to movement and visual attack detail. Somewhat bizarrely, my favourite attacks were the aerials, mostly because it was where Bowser Jr himself could shine through. Don't misunderstand me, I was still duly impressed with how well you integrated the goopy paint.

I've already discussed this with you in the MYM chat, but it bears repeating here; I dislike how foes can become degooped even while standing in goop, especially since that is how they get gooped to begin with. I'd really like to see the foe degoop themselves through the act of spreading it to other parts of the stage, instead of by standing right in the middle of the goop like some chump.

I'm also not a fan of the way the Smash attacks work. Instead of targeting the biggest pool, it'd be a lot more tactile if he targeted the closest pool, or even whichever pool he's standing in.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
EGGMAN

The main problem with combo characters are how they do the exact same string of attacks, so any good combo character should seek to do away with that. Electivire doesn’t really do it as much as I’d want to with the meat of his moves, but the fact he has an ammo bank of energy to use for some of his finishing moves, his main combo starter in Thunder Wave. The fact Electivire has a limited amount of time to capitalize on foes when he hits them with Thunder Wave and that they can still actually resist during this time also helps the fight feel a lot more interactive between the two players rather than Electivire just mindlessly whaling on a sandbag of a foe. Aside from this, there’s also the earlier phase of his game where Electivire is playing more defensively that helps to make him stick out more from combo characters, but his way of building up his mechanic still has him play somewhat proactively as he has to actually hit foes with his mechanic builder to build it up. All amazing stuff, probably the best combo character we’ve had, though King Hippo is certainly valid competition. HA! HA! HA!

That said, most of the moveset is just combo fodder, and while it serves its purpose it doesn’t really spice things up that much over a traditional combo character when Electivire actually –is- free to combo foes. Then again, there is that amazing Up Special, and Black Knight was praised almost exclusively because of a similar move.

cutter

Smash Champion
Chippin' away

Micaiah

So I was reading through her and it's kinda nifty that her staff/light game is almost like Thanos's Infinity Gems in reverse (If you think about it). I read Micaiah a few times and it she seems like someone who is trying to plug all the holes in her weaknesses. She can do almost everything -- rush down, zone, and camp with some authority. It seems as if her only one fundamental flaw is her light weight (I really don't count the recovery since it's extremely easy to swap to it and use it). However, she doesn't have overwhelming advantages that put her over the top, so I give you kudos there.

As mentioned, it would be simply awesome to see future movesets of yours where you incorporate other things to make your moveset easier to read. Not everyone can tolerate huge seas of white text, but that fix comes with time.

Arle Nadja

I've said this before, but I'm just going to say it again -- the newcomer sets this time around have greatly raised the bar.

This is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, but are you actually using seconds in the numbers regarding the startup/recovery of your attacks? If so, you might want to actually convert those seconds into frames. I say this because if you are using seconds, you might want to look at Arle's down tilt for example. A startup time of .5 seconds translates into 30 frames, which is actually a long time for an attack to come out. As a reference point, most tilts come out in 7-9 frames on average, and smash attacks usually come out around frame 20ish. Just something to keep in mind for the future. Most of your other attacks do match up reasonably in the conversion from frames to seconds though, so I might just be rambling about something silly that no one else cares about except me.

Other things of note that I saw:
- Mentioning DACUS
- Knockback growth

Basically, I'm the one that will look at movesets and find silly little things like this all around and then enjoy it when they synergize together or are used appropriately. Welcome to MYM both of you, and I hope you enjoy moveset making!

Ok... now to get to some comments regarding Thanos!

Thanos
Well, cutter, youve certainly made a behemoth of this set. The gem mechanic youve created is quite interesting, and makes each move fresh. Granted, while you've created a good playstyle, it seems like some of the Gems seem like they are just tacked on and not featured prominetly enough. That said, I enjoyed the set, and hope to see more in the future.
I did mention that the Gems were passive powerups, meaning that they an important enough role in Thanos without it directly affecting moves of his (with the exception of Space). The Gems might seem a bit tacked on, but the powerups I used were some tributes to what some of the Gems did in Marvel Super Heroes (i.e., Time, and Reality) while others were abilities that I made more centric to Smash (Mind).

But of course, the appearance of the set doesn't make the set...but fortunately, you've got a pretty awesome set here to back it up. The switching of the Infinity Gems could've easily been used to limit certain moves or something like that, but instead, you made it so that each one of the gems gives him an appropriate buff. I really do love what you did with the gems, even Space without an obvious benefit you made creative with limiting his access to his Recovery with it.
I actually had the Infinity Gems originally limit Thanos's moveset instead of just his recovery. For example... he couldn't do his up smash if the Reality Gem wasn't active, his forward smash if Power wasn't active, and so on. I then decided late when making Thanos to just go "To hell with that" and push his power level. This gave the Space Gem a unique effect that would set it apart from the other five Gems and give Thanos a clear weakness after he got his huge disjointed hitboxes in return. The other reason is that no one likes playing with incomplete characters because it really isn't much fun when your moveset becomes limited (from a player standpoint). Overall, I'm very happy I made the decision to only have his recovery limited by the Gems.

Although I wouldn't advise you to sacrifice the incredibly fitting moves you have now, it might be nice in the future to have moves that flow more with each individual gem. Maybe each category of moves, as in Smashes/aerials/tilts, could be dedicated to assisting with the power-up provided by each gem? I don't think this would work with the approach you took on Thanos (which was sweet to begin with), but it would be refreshing to see in the future. This is so incredibly superior to B. B. Hood it's not even funny. Great to have you back with us; I'm eager to continue watching your evolution as a MYMer.
This never really crossed my mind because I wanted to keep the mechanic of the Infinity Gems relatively simple. Also consider that by giving certain attacks powerups when a certain Gem is active, you're basically telling the person how Thanos should be played, which I'm not the biggest fan of. That's one of the cool things I like about just keeping the Gems just passive powerups; it's then up to the player to figure out how to best use them instead of me creating cookie-cutter strategies on how the Gems have to be used. I give a player some ways to successfully utilize them in the playstyle section, but it's up to them mainly to think outside the box at times.

Making the Power gem one of the ones most useful to have, but also the one furthest from the only recovery move, was a very interesting playstyle decision. While I don't feel that it's the best thing to found a playstyle off of, since there's no in-universe reason for him to take so long to cycle to his Space gem, it is cool nonetheless.
Remember how I said I'm the person that loves seeing the small things work in a set? Yeah, this is where I'm jumping for joy after reading this. :D :D :D I'm so glad you picked up on this DM because this was not a coincidence. By having Thanos's recovery as far away as possible as the Power Gem, it's a great way to test the player by seeing how much they're willing to go pure aggro/rushdown at the risk of getting gimped easily, or if you want to use a more defensive Gem like Soul or Mind so you're closer to cycle to your recovery. This small aspect of Thanos's Gem cycle was a way to subtly amplify his recovery weakness. I remember saying on the chat sometime that I thought the Power Gem was the strongest of the six, so I based that in making it as far away from Space as possible.

And next up, we've got Thanos. Nice to see a Marvel set, since there are 218903571098570127856 Marvel characters that need movesets, and I don't recall seing any since GW's Venom, way back in the olden days of MYM7. You start off with a rather interesting mechanic in the form of the Infinity Gauntlet gems, which provide little buffs that affect how you play Thanos rather than being a more traditional (and extreme) transformation move. Right off the bat, though, Time Gem sticks out to me as being quite a bit weaker than all the others, as his movement is still no great shakes even when he is using it. It just doesn't seem to measure up to free healing, a counter, or a recovery move. You did a good job making Thanos seem fun to play, and I'll be darned if I don't wanna take him for a test-drive right after reading this. My only real gripe with the set is that you may have drawn a little too much from MvC2, with nearly every move being drawn from it, which seems a little odd when MvC2 isn't really Thanos's source material. But you've done a good jobe here nonetheless. (Y)
Another small thing that was picked on: the Time Gem and how it's not the best powerup in the world! Basically this was my decision to keep Thanos from being too all-around good because he's already pushing the envelope as it is (IMO). I didn't want to push the Time Gem to make Thanos too fast because then we'd have a fast heavyweight character that could potentially run circles around the pixies and agile characters of Smash. So I made the powerup more modest by basically making his absolutely dreadful ground and air speed roughly average.

Regarding the attacks themselves, yes I did draw the vast majority of them from Thanos's previous fighting games. The attacks however came from Thanos's first appearance in a fighting game, Marvel Super Heroes. The easiest way to figure this out is that Thanos's down B, up tilt, and down tilt are all attacks that were in MSH, but were then removed in MvC2 to balance Thanos (since he was a boss in MSH). The thing to keep in mind about MvC2 is that Capcom literally took all the old sprites from all their old fighting games, gave them some aesthetic changes/touched them up for a modern game, and made a 56-character monstrosity. I think your criticism is valid though, but I stuck with familiarity in having Thanos make the transition from the Vs. series into Smash, and it was a much smoother transition than I expected.

Okay... that's enough for now. I definitely appreciate all of you for reading and commenting on Thanos. I hyped this guy up for a reason :).

3 down, way too many more to go.

n88

Smash Lord
And the next moveset to pulll off the pile and comment is Dante. The set seems a bit too complicated, with a meter-mechanic that doesn't really do much besides encourage Dante to use different moves and a weapon-switching scheme that seems overly complex, using up Shield and Taunt inputs, although the massive array of weapons do at least mean that he need not fear relying on the same moves over and over, which supplements his meter somewhat. The whole thing does have an important playstyle goal with the Devil Trigger, but even if you fill the meter all the way up, you're still cut short awfully quickly, underwriting Devil Trigger's importance quite a bit. I feel as though the weapon-switching and Devil Trigger buff could have been accomplished in a far simpler way. Dante also seems to lack focus, which is hardly surprising, with five different weapons and three different styles going on. The set doesn't really seem to pull together to form a playstyle, which is probably its biggest issue. Dante does feel pretty b-a, though, and I particularly liked the Grab section, which kinda stood out to me as being a tad more creative than the rest of the set, and made for a positive note to end the set (or at least the main part of it) on.

And the next contender is. . . Mawile! Y'know, I've seen this thing's picture quite a few times, but never picked up on the whole two-headed/braid thing until now. D'oh. Anyway, it's certainly nice to see so many newcomers in the thread, especially when they're writing such good movesets. The ideas behind Mawile are great, as this is the perfect character to have Back attacks, and Trickery works well with Iron Head and most of the rest of the set. A few attacks seem a little out of place, as has been mentioned before, but you've done a pretty good job overall. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more from you.

I'm bound to catch up eventually. . .

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
THANOS AND THAT DAMN FOURTH INFINITY GEM

I’ll parrot what some people have said for praise on the moveset – definitely a good way to use the gems with unique buffs rather than limiting which attacks he can use based off which gem he has. You don’t need me to tell you either that you have a great use of pictures throughout the moveset and you’ve toned down the detail to much more acceptable levels since some of your older movesets, great job with that. . .But the fact that you took every move from Thanos’ fighting games comes off a bit odd to me. It seems you weren’t really thinking that much about how these moves could be used in tandem and were just taking his coolest moves from the fighters because. . .They were his coolest moves from the fighters. The infinity gems don’t really offer much to bring the set together as a whole, rather branching Thanos out to play multiple paths. While this pulls off versatility far better than most, I do wish the individual moves contributed more to some sort of big picture – the fact that the playstyle summary is just talking about the neutral special the whole time highlights it pretty blatantly.

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
A new day, a new couple of comments.

Arle Nadja
Your writing style is interesting, but a little confusing at points. Rating a move's stats on a /10 scale is fine, but I'm not sure what 10/10 is. For example, Burning Trail has a range of 30/10, but I'm not sure what that means. If there was a reference point, such as 10/10 equals 1 Battlefield platform length, I could picture this better.

I like how Spell Bomb is always random, so it keeps both you and your opponent guessing as to what element it'll be. The way the Daicutes pump it up is pretty interesting as well. Speaking of which, the Daicute special has so many uses, from acting as an interesting pump, to healing off some damage, to acting as a projectile move. It's pretty awesome how all three of these things can fit into one move.

Daicute Drain is awesome. It's nice that it has different options if it hits, and one of them fuels the Daicutes without causing Arle damage.

It's great how all of Arle's attacks and throws fit her "magic-user" theme. It's interesting how all of Arle's water spells do no damage, but have great knockback. The grab interactions with Carbuncle is neat as well, as you can either use the throw you wanted, or use Carbuncle's recommended throw to deal additional damage. My only recommendation on this is that since Carbuncle works with Arle's throws, you should've put his section in the grab section. It's a minor detail, nothing big.

I like how the Final Smash basically puts the opponent in the middle of a Puyo Pop game, with tons of garbage puyo to deal with. The playstyle section was well-written, and it's interesting that some of her attacks aren't considered true projectiles.

This was a great moveset to read. Good job!

Tetris
Imagine someone picking Tetris, and someone else picking Arle, and Arle uses her Final Smash. It'll become Tetris vs. Puyo Pop! Now if only Pong was in here...

Anyway, I enjoyed the moveset, but I'm afraid Tetris is rather underpowered. Without a hard-drop move, it really doesn't have the speed needed to do much of anything. Also, playing as Tetris on Shadow Moses would be insane for your opponents.

It was a very fun read, though.

Dark Samus
First thing's first: I LOVE that you allowed Dark Samus to roll around in her Morph Ball mode. combine that with the Dtilt being a Morph Ball Bomb, and I like it even more.

The rest of the moveset is also well though-out as well. Even though the Side-B is an almost perfect clone of Samus, it's still useful as an alternate projectile to Neutral B. Up B is interesting, both as an attack and as a recovery. Clones are always a good distraction, and the self-damage allows this move to be a perfect recovery, especially with the healing properties of her Down B and DSmash.

Mid-air grabs that aren't a special? What is this world coming to? It's a great idea, and somehow fits Dark Samus very well. The aerials, standards, and smashes are all cool, especially the FSmash, which works so well with the aerial game.

The Final Smash is simple, but effective, and works well with Dark Samus's playstyle. Speaking of which, the playstyle section was pretty well written.

My suggestion, and I'm pretty certain this has already been said, is to not use the same color throughout the set. Other than that, great moveset.

Gettin' the comment train a-rollin'. . .

The first of our (excellent) selection of newcomer sets this contest is Micaiah! BKupa, DM, and MT have all given you some great advice on BBCoding. Adding a splash of color to your movesets is certainly a good idea, as it makes it a bit easier to read. You've also evidently put a lot of effort into the set, which is great. The alternate styles were also pretty cool, although I generally liked the ranged, Light-style moves better than the Staff attacks. As a small nitpick, I think the set would have read better if the moves were presented in order of style, rather than type of attack, as in putting all the Light moves before all the Staff moves, or vice versa, rather than having it broken up. Doing it like so allows you to focus more on what each is all about and keep up a good flow between moves. Anyway, the set was quite enjoyable as a whole, and although I don't get your hint due to being completely unfamiliar with FE, I'm certainly ready for your next moveset.
Yeah, I wondered if I should have changed the organization on the set before I submitted it. In retrospect, that would've been better to go with your idea.

Also, if you wanna at least learn the name of the character in my next moveset, look back at Micaiah's victory poses. The answer's in there

Micaiah

So I was reading through her and it's kinda nifty that her staff/light game is almost like Thanos's Infinity Gems in reverse (If you think about it). I read Micaiah a few times and it she seems like someone who is trying to plug all the holes in her weaknesses. She can do almost everything -- rush down, zone, and camp with some authority. It seems as if her only one fundamental flaw is her light weight (I really don't count the recovery since it's extremely easy to swap to it and use it). However, she doesn't have overwhelming advantages that put her over the top, so I give you kudos there.

As mentioned, it would be simply awesome to see future movesets of yours where you incorporate other things to make your moveset easier to read. Not everyone can tolerate huge seas of white text, but that fix comes with time.
I like characters that are well-rounded. I guess that's why I unconsciously put a bit of everything in Micaiah.

And now that you mention it, I do kinda see some similarities between Micaiah and Thanos. The Power, Time, and Reality Gems are similar to Light style in that they're offensive, and the Soul, Mind, and Space Gems are like Staff style in that they're defensive. That's pretty interesting.

And my next moveset already has a lot of color in it, so you don't have to worry about that.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
John Marston

Pretty fancy set you've got here, friend. Quite the fan of Red Dead Redemption myself. What's really strange is I actually wrote up some concepts for a John Marston set not long before MYM9 started on another forum and some of the ideas were surprisingly similar. Great minds think alike I suppose ;)

Anyway, loving what you did with the reloading mechanic. Lock On is pretty cool as well but I could've seen it paired up with the Neutral Special. I mean, the Dynamite can't lock on, the aerials can't really be locked on to my knowledge (if I understood it correctly). I -ASSUME- throwing knives and fire botttles can be locked on since they're projectiles (maybe even the Blunderbuss?) but I'm not entirely sure. I love the Up Special in combination with the down tilt to hogtie them, especially the concept of picking up a hogtied foe like an item and hurling them off the edge.

I also like how with the Down Special dynamite you made it so John could detonate this early by shooting it making it a bit more flexible than say. . .Snake's grenades or something that you'd have to hang onto before throwing. Also, I assume you've been playing Undead Nightmare considering you included the torch and the blunderbuss? Excellent DLC that ;P

Overall, this was certainly a fun read and I was amazed that you had a lot of the same ideas that I did (of course you managed to make a full set out of it whereas I only made Specials). Very nice work here! Excited to see what else you come up with, friend.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
THE KING OF ALL COSMOS

Hey there! Welcome, oh great King Of All Cosmos! I'm certain everyone here will love to see what beautiful movesets you'll bring to Super Smash Brothers Brawl!

Yes, the Prince is a rather buffoonish weakling, but your graceful gift of the katamari makes his moveset much more interesting. How wonderful it must feel to slowly work your way across the stage until you get the coveted Royal Rainbow!

Of course, I'm afraid that, while the Prince is very good at the special abilities of the Katamari, he's rather unoriginal when it comes to performing any more smashing techniques with it. And it seems that many of those smashing abilities undermine the whole point of the Katamari; they stop picking things up and just start... smashing.

This moveset is S-M-A-S-H-I-N-G though.

TheKingOfAllCosmos

Smash Rookie
THE KING OF ALL COSMOS

You don’t need me to tell you that this was incredibly enjoyable to read, MarbleTable. This blows Negative Man out of the water in terms of enjoyable writing style, though in Negative Man it was a lot more warranted than here. Either way, gotta love the king constantly going on about random tangents, and regularly insulting the prince/humans/the reader/logic/everything else under the sun. Can definitely tell that you had loads of fun writing this.

As far as the actual moveset contained within, the main concept is definitely quite interesting in moving around a gigantic ball that’s separated from the main character to roll over foes, as well as the unique but intuitive method of getting it bigger. While he has a good chunk of filler inputs, you’ve gotten out of your habit of having lots of similar inputs that you’ve been struggling with for a while in this moveset, and the writing style helps to make the filler inputs at least somewhat amusing. While I’m sure somebody will complain about him being worthless without his balls (as any man is), one thing I think is much more unituitive than that and awkward is just how inconsistent the ball is a grab hitbox. If certain moves turn it from a grab hitbox to a regular one, why am I even using those attacks? That, and there’s just so little logic for when it is and isn’t a grab hitbox, particularly with him jumping onto the ball several times and sometimes sticking to it and sometimes being able to stand on it. Don’t blow that criticism out of proportion though. This is easily better than anything you did in MYM 8, MarbleTable.
We have returned to comment Our comments! We fear this may cause some kind of chain of infinite commenting of comments but, We are willing to accept this. We are confused by what you mean of this "writing style" lording master of wars; is there something humorous you find about Our way of speech? We are deeply hurt by this. We are being openly mocked and do not appreciate it. We do not know who this "Negative Man" is but you assume We would like him? We doubt this. Sounds like a real downer. Major B-U-M-M-E-R.

As for Our Prince's Katamari hitting boxes, We decided to outlaw the ability to stick foes in mid-air as We figured your presidents of Smashing Rules would find this very overpowered. We also made some attacks not stick as We figured there would be much complaining that things would be too similar. How boring would it be for Us to say that every attack "sticks the foe to the Katamari like a kindergartener's hands after eating cotton candy?" We think that would be rather dull to read personally. And We know best.

We appreciate your comment though master whale of lore.

THE KING OF ALL COSMOS

Hey there! Welcome, oh great King Of All Cosmos! I'm certain everyone here will love to see what beautiful movesets you'll bring to Super Smash Brothers Brawl!

Yes, the Prince is a rather buffoonish weakling, but your graceful gift of the katamari makes his moveset much more interesting. How wonderful it must feel to slowly work your way across the stage until you get the coveted Royal Rainbow!

Of course, I'm afraid that, while the Prince is very good at the special abilities of the Katamari, he's rather unoriginal when it comes to performing any more smashing techniques with it. And it seems that many of those smashing abilities undermine the whole point of the Katamari; they stop picking things up and just start... smashing.

This moveset is S-M-A-S-H-I-N-G though.
And another comment! We are surprised you bothered to read Our boring Prince. While We totally agree with Our Prince's blundering failures, We regret to inform your that Our Prince's failures are far, far greater than We have told you of. You see, Our Prince really does nothing but roll about with the Katamari. We try and get him into other hobbies but he isn't nearly as perfect as Us. He's also quite poor at tennis as We are sure We mentioned before. As such, really all he can do is use Our Katamari to its fullest potential. We apologize if this comes off as unoriginal but We did what We could with such worthlessness.

As a quicked rushed explaination for why We made the Smashing moves simply Smash and not stick like glue...in Our game (which we highly recommend you all purchase) Our Prince's Katamari may bounce off of certain objects that are too large for the Katamari to pick up. We also may redirect you towards Our previous statement that all sticking with the Katamari (while thrilling to Us) may be deemed boring by you humans.

We've been told that you all have short attention spans.

Regardless, We are glad you enjoyed Our Prince and hope that both your attitude and your hearing clear up, deaf_meanie.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Micaiah:
You have my most profound admiration for getting two movesets out of a single Fire Emblem character. You've certainly managed to capture the feel of the frail magic user, and you managed to implement a lot of her in this set, without forcing it.
For a character like this, it would be a disservice if the basic attacks weren't basic, so I'm glad you didn't cave in and start waving magic around for every attack.
You also have an excellent grasp of how to succinctly describe the visual aspects of an attack. It's an important skill to have in MYM.

I do have to agree with others though, that the set could use a little colour. At the very least, enough so the reader can tell at a glance whether they're reading a Book attack, or a Staff attack.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Diglett Dig! Diglett Dig! TRIO TRIO TRIO!

Diglett

A moveset for Diglett eh? I always thought about making a moveset for him, just for the challenge of it all. Your take on it certainly didn't disappoint Junahu, and you came up with an honestly in-character representation of a character physically incapable of leaving the ground.

The playstyle itself is pretty cool, and very intuitive, which is nice and has some potential depth to it. I loved the little mythology gags scattered throughout the moveset; how his fury swipes is so fast you can't even see his claws and so on, and the Whack a Mole replacement for vertical KOs was absolutely inspired. I immediately got the image of Ganondorf powerstomping little Diglett out of Final Destination.

If I had something to complain about... it'd be the fact that mole hills seem to be a very campy set-up portion of his game and he doesn't have any disincentive to be slamming on the jump button every second of the game. Also, you don't do a very good job of expressing exactly how fast he is, except that he's faster when he's tunneling through the ground. You also mention Arena Trap in the opening section, but never refer to it again in the moveset.

All in all a stellar moveset though, and more important than anything else, look at yourself Junahu! You're a One Day Pokeset writer!

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I always new Diglett would one day kill me...

Diglett
Okay, so Diglett Digs. A LOT. Thats not a complaint, though, as it is extremely cool how you were able to make an entire moveset out of pretty much just digging. I had a very similar idea, but you pulled it off better than I ever could, Junahu.
Onto the set itself, its cool to see exactly how Diglett can REALLY punish foes for being careless, and its all extremely in-character. I also like the references to myth(Fury Swipes, pretty much the whole bio). The only complaint is that the little guy is surprisingly broken. As long as he's put Sand Attack in the right place, he's virtually unbeatable, not that thats a bad thing. I can already imagine pro strategies for Diglett. Top notch work from you, Junahu, can't wait till you do another.

Koric

Smash Apprentice
I really like Dark Samus moveset. I totally love her capabilities in contrast to Samus and at the same time me scared on the inside from the potential of its overall movesets are. :)

I do have a few question though regarding corruption.

When the character is corrupted and controlled, how difficult is the corrupted character in regards of a CPU difficulty level and how would it be automatically set?

I also seem a bit confused when you mention the possible battles can be (2 vs 1) or (3 vs 2). Can she corrupt multiple characters and remain on the field as one army, does it mean that Dark Samus can only have one corrupted ally at a time?

----

Also thanks to everyone who commented and/or read through my long movesest.

@darth meanie
I wasn't sure how to clarify the range for the attacks so at the end I decided to describe out of one tenth of a small stage builder block...Like 10/10 can travel up to one stage builder block. Then again it does looks quite confusing, so I probably shouldn't try to be precise the next time.

@getcoolaid
Its true that her moveset was build to not make her so powerful. Personally I don't want her to be disliked and treated as a broken character, but to be as a balanced overall character...or at least tried to.

@cutter
Sorry...during that time, I don't have much of a clue on how frames measure and/or operate as it was so confusing to me. I starting to have a more clear view on how accurate to measure frames, so I will try to apply that on my next....hopefully.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Nvm, posted a Userblog about it lol.

Godzilla

I must say that I'm quite curious as to how you'd explain the King of the Monsters being downsized so much; if you do plan on writing that SSE role I'd certainly be interested in checking it out. That being said...you may have sized Godzilla down, but you kept it pretty accurate to Godzilla's canon powers; Godzilla pretty much seems like he'd be an absolute beast.

Heaviest character in the game, excellent recovery options, long ranged attacks, multiple KO moves, not half bad speed -AND- self recovery. Jinkies. So yeah, Godzilla's a bit overpowered (providing your opponent doesn't just chaingrab **** him to death) but like I said, I suppose that's only suiting for him.

The real problem I have with Godzilla though is one that was unfortunately pretty much unavoidable given the character. Most of the attacks boil down to fairly basic tail swipes and such. And, while of course basic moves aren't always bad...they don't really piece together into a solid playstyle. From what I gather of Godzilla, he's a defensive heavyweight who wants foes to come to him by using his Atomic Ray to pressure them into approach (or his healing to pressure them into coming close to stop him).

Overall though, you did what you obviously set out to do; make Godzilla into a playable Smasher. A good effort here but it's just missing a few pieces at the moment. . .

Junahu

Smash Ace
Thanos:
This is the third time I've said it in as many comments, but you've gotten the 'feel' of Thanos down well.I'm pleased as punch to see so many movesets determined to have their character shine through the little details. The pictures were all extremely helpful, and you did a stellar job of implementing them into his moveset. As gcubedude mentioned in his own comment, Thanos' versatility is another major plus point. The ability to have a ditto match with Thanos, where both players play him differently, yet equally successfully, is very nice indeed.

Something I must protest is the Up Special. I'm all for using the Space Gem to recover, but I dislike the fact that nothing at all happens if it isn't equipped. Up Special could have been a special which changes depending on what Gem you have equipped, with the Space Gem being the only one suited to actual recovery. What makes this a bit of an egregious fault, is the fact Thanos starts with the Power Gem by default, meaning a casual player will press Up-B to test the input, see that nothing happens, and assume Thanos cannot recover at all.
Compounding this, the Space Gem has no visual tell to indicate that it is useful for recovering. If for example, it passively boosted his jumps, the player might infer from that that the Purple Gem is the best one to have while recovering, and thus stumble into the correct way to use Up-B by that means.
As it is, it feels as though it is punishing players who aren't intimately familiar with Thanos' character.

In more selfish news, I've made one or two very small changes to Diglett. Mostly just to address various problems Diglett would have on certain stages, with certain items etc.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
PINGAS

I’d considered Dugtrio a long while back and just intended to give him stamina and constant superarmor, but this is obviously a much better way to go about it. I particularly like how you constantly assume there’s a lot more to Diglett down there, but always cleverly find ways to obscure his body. It never occurred to me how moves like Fury Swipes logically worked on Diglett – you seem to of put far more thought into the character than Gamefreak ever did. I particularly like that despite being unable to be in the air, Diglett has actual jumps, a very clever mechanic, when the vast majority of MYM would just leave him without any. While he has no aerials, he’s never “technically” in the air except when he’s truly off-stage, and with no recovery when he’s off-stage he’s automatically a dead man. I like how that despite this non-existent off-stage game, you came up with your own system for KOing Diglett, particularly spiking him through the stage. Another small aesthetic thing that I really found intriguing was Diglett being represented while underground via an icon and giving him 100% free control underground, something that’s non-existent outside Golem who just cheats by making the underground function like the surface.

While the set ultimately comes together as a basic camper for its damage racking phase, you still have all of these cool interactions with what Diglett can do. In particular, Sand-Attack can make playing against Diglett all the more like playing Whack-A-Mole, enabling him to flee to continue his camping. Even then, Diglett has to come up close to actually finish the foe off with that brilliant grab-game (An actual justified explanation for mirroed side throws? Good lord.).

So yeah. As if it wasn’t obvious enough, I love Diglett. I certainly wasn’t expecting to, but you’ve just done so much with this absolutely laughable character. If I had to make a complaint, I’d say that Special Smashes might’ve been a good addition considering he has no air game. Yes, yes, the lack of aerials is obviously justified, but the lack of inputs isn’t.

Edit: After seeing the appendix, I'm finding the solution to moving stages more awkward. That's about as awkward as when Rool said Kawasaki's pot would be carried by a moving platform throughout such stages, if not more so. As for what I'm proposing? I don't know, just something that lets him burrow into walls and automatically go into Dig. Yes, that makes him impossible to kill if you knock him out the side, but you could just make it very small range and give him horrible aerial movement just so he, say, fall down a pit in Mushroomy Kingdom, then dig into the side of the pit to continue through the stage. Yes, Rainbow Cruise is still impossible.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmL5HmPKjvI

Dagut
Well here we have a set for Dagut. It in fact shares a lot of ideas I have actually written into moves for the Dugtrio part of my upcoming Giovanni six-way Pokemon Trainer. You, however, do the "not being able to be knocked into the air" part MUCH better than what I had in mind for Dugtrio. The two mechanics are absolute genius. Even the moves you include in his moveset (such as Magnitude) will work differently in Dugtrio's, though, so I don't want to rip you off 8) Very well done, Junahu, I recommend this to anybody to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom