• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Laugh You Lose: Gentlemen's Club Edition

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I like Xaltis better without seeing every ****ing post signatured with a low quality/low framerate gif from anime only a quarter of the people on SWF give a **** about.

:3c

Just saiyan
pretty much this, it is really annoying.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
you might as well close this thread now, because nothing will ever beat what was just posted.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's a this point I wish I saved those images of folks screaming SAKURAIIIIIIIIII!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
wow... I mean, we all knew that Melee was a better game than Brawl.. at least after the first few months (yes I played Brawl for a while more than that, but just for something new). But seriously... for him to say that. wow.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
"I doubt we'll ever see one that's as geared toward hardcore gamers as Melee was."

:glare:

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wow... I mean, we all knew that Melee was a better game than Brawl.. at least after the first few months (yes I played Brawl for a while more than that, but just for something new). But seriously... for him to say that. wow.
he never once said that melee was better than brawl.

he is implying it demands more focus and skill. We already knew that.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
apparently, it wasn't quite as much of an accident as it seems.

it was geared toward hardcore gamers (i.e...us?)

he's not planning on doing it again.

i still almost refuse to believe that nobody in all of HAL laboratory tried to airdodge into the ground during all of testing...

Player-3

Smash Hero
smash players are hardcore gamers now?

whoa.

get shown up, halo community

edit:

ok i just saw this and it made me smirk

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Only real gamers play Halo. Those people that go to tournaments for other games are just casual scrubs that were douchebags in high school and regularly stole spicy Cheetos from the cafeteria.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
[collapse=http://www.1up.com/news/dragon-quest-smash-bros-creators]
"Kirby's Dream Land was the first game I ever made," he said, "but I had no intention of making it a mainstream game. I really narrowed down the audience to beginners only. That's because, at the time, no matter how much fun the Super Mario Bros. games were, they were still too tough for normal people and kids. I could feel people drifting away from games, and it bothered me. In the midst of making Kirby, a lot of the team started wondering if we were maybe making it too simple. But I think it was necessary for us to consider people who hadn't played a game before, and I think doing that earned us fans that wouldn't have been around otherwise. That's the same creative approach I take with Smash Bros. It hasn't changed at all today."
[/collapse]
Sakurai said:
"That's why Kid Icarus is really easy to control. It gives people who gave up on the genre a chance to take a step back into that world. Even though I'm a pretty hardcore gamer, I think that's very important."
I lost.

tw1n

Smash Champion
http://www.1up.com/news/masahiro-sakurai-reflects-super-smash

"Melee fans who played deep into the game without any problems might have trouble understanding this, but Melee was just too difficult." - Sakurai
... I don't think I will ever look at Brawl the same way. This may have made not only my night, but even made Christmas more special. Thanks for the early Christmas present :D

this makes me giggle because i know something that ya'll dont know. haha
Please do tell lol

Top Bottom