• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 9: [Now Defunct]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Auron

A overall fun set to read. I never did play Final Fantasy X (shoot me if you want), but I get the feeling that Auron fits his character very nicely. It's simple, not to flashy, and everything fits in place. The .gif's help a lot for people who haven't played FFX or too lazy to watch a Youtube video.

Yay short comments are short, most likely put out a MYMini stage soon.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Auron

MasterWarlord set me up to expect this set to be awful, and I was pleasantly surprised considering what I expected. The moveset *is* good to look at, though I found the damage percentages at the end dizzying. We outgrew that in Make Your Move 6, and I don't see any reason to bring it back now.

The grab I'm a bit mixed on. Such a short ranged grab on a sword user seems like it'd be hard to use, but the pummel isn't bad and although the throws are hopelessly generic, they have some relevancy at least. The Down Throw seems completely useless though, and should have just been the grab release.

The writing style, while not as hilarious as Muk's, still retains that horrid habit of yours to break up thoughts with clauses at the worst times. You tend to switch around your verb use a lot as well.

The tornado isn't nearly as interesting as you'd hoped it would be, unfortunately. It doesn't seem like you would have any trouble forcing the foe into it, given its size and duration, so when half the playstyle is setting up and hitting with it, the moveset feels a little shallow.

The generic moves aren't that bad, because they're certainly useful in the playstyle, which is always nice to see, although some of the tacked on interactions with the tornado are disappointing. You don't need interactions to make a move work well with that attack already.

I'm also a bit scared of some of his kill percentages. He can kill around sixty percent with a few moves, none of which look hard to land either.

Auron works. He isn't terribly interesting, but he works. He's certainly not my favorite moveset in the contest, but really, beyond a few balance quips, and my dislike of your writing, there's not much else I can say about the execution. I simply didn't find the ideas terribly interesting though.

In short, he's not bad, but he's not interesting either.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'm glad to see MYM 9 getting off to such a promising start. Here's to new beginnings.

But I resent that crack about Grimer, Warlord (or rather, "Wartlord," as Junahu just put it).

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Don't take this TOO seriously. Not my best attempt, just wanted to do this.

The Great Escape

Originally a McDonalds commercial that depicted a man escaping to McDonalds in order to escape a shopping spree. Of course, such reason has no place in the world of Smash, so instead everyone will be escaping from Ronald McDonald himself!

The stage first takes place in the town of the first image, only a few door shelter platforms to comfort you in the walk-off stage. Don't get comfortable though, as the stage is CONSTANTLY moving towards the left side of the screen at a speed that's 2X quicker than Mushroomy Kingdom, which is fair enough seeing as how there are no obstacles to get in your way. Ronald McDonald is constantly present at the right side of the stage in the form of...what you see in the image basically. Ronald extend his death hand to pull in those who get close to him or the stage's end, dragging them off for a OHKO - in other words, this 'blast zone' has more range than what it should.

Around every 15-20 seconds, Ronald will vanish, having seem to have given up the chase, which halts the screen's movement...only to show up on the OPPOSITE side of the screen to make it move in the opposite direction. This is especially deadly to those who think they can stay at the front of the screen to be safe.

The madness will keep on going and going until you find a building like this...

When you do, you have to enter it like you would for a SSE door, which will cause the screen to halt. The other characters have 4 seconds to enter the door as well before Ronald kills them.

Once inside, you enter a McDonalds restaurant. You end up in another Walk-Off, though this time it's stationary and the only way to score kills is through knockouts of the right side because the left side is the counter. Your character can order McDonalds here by going up to the counter, which takes 1 second. You can also kill people for theirs.

After 30 seconds the store will close down and force you back outside where Ronald tries to kill you again for some reason.

Smady

Smash Master
Auron:
I sincerely enjoyed this moveset, quite possibly more than any other this MYM (:glare: I'm aware that might not be saying much, since I've fallen so far behind on reading... but I still mean it). Everything works together so well, without being overly extravagant, or weird, on its own. The grab/throws are especially wonderful, so simple, yet so necessary.
I also love how you specifically highlight the mentions of damage in the set. It's very effective at setting Auron's character. It's also surprisingly better than reading the specific damage%.

As a complaint, I would have to say there's still a little difficulty in understanding the visual descriptions of certain moves, generally because you are so specific in detailing what they are. Still, the writing is a major step up for you, in that I didn't have to reread any of it

SuperRandomRankingThatWillNeverAppearAgainAndIsKindOfASpaceFillingJoke.... TIME!
"I enjoy it " :bee::bee::bee::bee:/:bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:
"It's practical" :glare::glare::glare::glare::glare:/:glare::glare::glare::glare::glare:
"Wartlord will like it":scared::scared:/:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:
"Now I want to play the game again":mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:/:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Very glad to hear you like it; I don't remember you enjoying a set of mine since, what, Raiden? I think a few people are missing a slight sense of throwback here, actually - I was being quite experimental with how I approached the playstyle and in trying to tone down what could have been a set drenched in overly-complex mechanics. The same can be said for my writing style, which was designed to be as layman's as possible.

Auron
Didn't this guy appear in Kingdom Hearts 2 as a support character?

Regardless, I really enjoyed this set. The grabs were simple but effective, his specials were interesting, and I liked the simplicity of his standards while retaining their usefulness to the set as a whole. The unique ability of Armor Break is also a neat idea.

Tornado is especially awesome, and I definitely see it as being a key part of his game. I loved the pics as well, they helped with imagining the moves.

This was a great set.
I'm happy you enjoyed it; the set was trying to carry off a more simplistic playstyle, and the throws were where I started. I'd actually say Armour Break is the one time I venture into that territory, and with another mindset, I would have made an entire set based around interactions like that.

The pictures were actually fairly easy to get, compared to past efforts. There have been some people saying I reused the GIFs in my playstyle... well, one out of the four is entirely different, while the others are shortened to specifically highlight that part of Auron's playstyle. Setting up the Tornado shows Auron doing just that, as does hitting with it, and the edited part of Banishing Blade is a big part of your gimping game.

Lots more to come, I hope. :)

Auron

A overall fun set to read. I never did play Final Fantasy X (shoot me if you want), but I get the feeling that Auron fits his character very nicely. It's simple, not to flashy, and everything fits in place. The .gif's help a lot for people who haven't played FFX or too lazy to watch a Youtube video.
I certainly didn't expect a comment from you, VX - always a great face to see in the thread.

Yeah, I did make an effort to give more of a feeling of Auron with those GIFs and the videos I linked, so I'm glad they made an impression. It sort of developed over production, as I do absolutely love the character.

Thanks for the comment.

Auron

MasterWarlord set me up to expect this set to be awful, and I was pleasantly surprised considering what I expected. The moveset *is* good to look at, though I found the damage percentages at the end dizzying. We outgrew that in Make Your Move 6, and I don't see any reason to bring it back now.

The grab I'm a bit mixed on. Such a short ranged grab on a sword user seems like it'd be hard to use, but the pummel isn't bad and although the throws are hopelessly generic, they have some relevancy at least. The Down Throw seems completely useless though, and should have just been the grab release.

The writing style, while not as hilarious as Muk's, still retains that horrid habit of yours to break up thoughts with clauses at the worst times. You tend to switch around your verb use a lot as well.

The tornado isn't nearly as interesting as you'd hoped it would be, unfortunately. It doesn't seem like you would have any trouble forcing the foe into it, given its size and duration, so when half the playstyle is setting up and hitting with it, the moveset feels a little shallow.

The generic moves aren't that bad, because they're certainly useful in the playstyle, which is always nice to see, although some of the tacked on interactions with the tornado are disappointing. You don't need interactions to make a move work well with that attack already.

I'm also a bit scared of some of his kill percentages. He can kill around sixty percent with a few moves, none of which look hard to land either.

Auron works. He isn't terribly interesting, but he works. He's certainly not my favorite moveset in the contest, but really, beyond a few balance quips, and my dislike of your writing, there's not much else I can say about the execution. I simply didn't find the ideas terribly interesting though.

In short, he's not bad, but he's not interesting either.
Likewise with you and Warlord, I figured I'd wake up to a far harsher spell of comments. Even yours isn't really negative, which I really thought it would be.

For starters, the organisation and writing style were approached with a particular goal in mind, and I achieved that. As with a lot of other things, it was a design choice, and it's more that you dislike the design than my execution of it, so that's fair enough.

If I had layered the up smash much further, it would have missed the point in being an offensive playstyle. It had to be powerful - in-smash powerful, giving Auron a realistic reason to have to throw his opponent into it. That is the bare bones explanation of what I wanted to do with Auron, and I really can't imagine changing it would satisfy me more.

We discussed the kill percentages in the chatroom: the two aerials in question are very situational or close-ranged, hitting above or below you. Auron is a pretty clanky character in the air - which makes sense, as he doesn't want to be Meta Knight in the air when he has a simple playstyle to fulfill. With that in mind, the percentages are boundary, but justified in my mind.

Still, I'm glad you didn't just hate the set, and the resounding emotions are that Auron is okay, to decent, to great. That isn't half bad.

The Great Escape is really odd, and this coming from the maker of Bad Santa Stage. It's an interesting idea to have the moving stage flip, but why would I want McDonalds? Why would I want another person's McDonalds? What's more confusing is why this is a Christmas stage - all the brawl characters are escaping a shopping spree, I guess. Walking into Santa's Grotto and appearing in a McDonalds is bizarre. :c

I can't complain - the one I made is as weird, but this one is mostly just creepy. The connection with Christmas is questionable. However, still a fun idea and anything "horror"-related from you after Jason Voorhees gets a thumbs up from me. Now, get working on my Freddy Kruger set!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
AURON

Once I read the final bit of the playstyle summary, everything pieced together even more-so than before. Versatility. My god how I hate that word in MYM. Getting rid of all semblance of flow is not enough to have any degree of versatility – Alucard is predictable as all hell, as is Auron. If you want an example of how to do versatility –correctly-, I would point you to Thanos on the first page (Though he could use more than just it).

You clearly admit that there is no flow by giving in to versatility, yet insist that everything centers around that tornado and all of his spacing moves help get foes into it. . .Except that they don’t really do anything specific to help with that. It only flows because you say it does, much less the one time when the moveset tries to be creative and fails with the shield weakening move, considering the tornado ignores shields anyway. I know the character doesn’t have a lot of potential, but the least you could do is have the moveset abuse the prone state of foes. I’m not asking for random creativity, I’m asking for any semblance of flow whatsoever and for you to not just cop-out and claim that your random mess of a moveset is versatile. It all really comes down to the character choice, but remember your first real moveset that was actually decent? Von Kaiser? He had less potential than this guy easily, yet you came up with something that was a very legitimate and cool playstyle despite the moveset being filled with generic moves left and right. Auron has far more potential, yet you state he centers around a move that he doesn’t and call him “versatile” at the same time. Revolving around one move isn’t versatile, Smady.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Everyone Hates Ned FlandersSo, the tire fire is cool. I love the simpsons, man, Its one of my favorite shows ever. You've captured the feel of the Tire fire, and one of my favorite episodes of the series ever. The interactions made me loling, and I couldn'tve asked for a better Simpsons representing stage.

Most Horrendus Human Holiday Ever
Again, Invader Zim is one of the best cartoons ever. This stage captures the feel of the show perfectly, the creepy cool part I love about it. The way it works is cool, And I like it. Good work.

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
The Most Horrible Xmas Ever
I like it. Santa Zim and the random gnome attacks are cool hazards. I like how it's just a flat, simple stage with a few hazards.

The Great Escape
So creepy, yet it seems like a fun stage to play on. I like how you can actually order some McDonalds inside the building. The surprise of Ronald appearing on the other side of the chase is cool too.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Auron
Playlist is epic.
Anyway, the set itself is good, however...my complaints are on par with the others. Auron is pretty to look at, but...it suffers from some mistakes I make alot. Most prominently the "filler" moves and the single move centered playstyle(while theres nothing wrong with the Idea of the single move playstyle, I just didn't find Tornado all that interesting)
Complaints aside, it's easy on the eyes, enjoyable to look at and imagine playing as in SSB. It's better than Muk, which I also liked.
Overall, Its good, but unfortunatly not memorable. I can't wait for your next set, Smady.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Griswold House

Our very first MYmini! Woohoo! Congrats here Kupa. Well this stage certainly has a lot of creative stuff going on for it. You managed to eliminate the walkoffs, at least to one side, with the pine tree which is pretty good for those who see walk-off edges and instantly decide to camp the edge of the screen. But yeah! Lots of fun hazards here, most of which made me laugh while added some unique stuff to the stage. Not sure how much I like having the central hazard of the stage only be viable to characters who use fire attacks (as I can only think of a few characters who could activate it without exploding themselves). That could be pretty nifty if say. . .you were able to attack the lights (like you are already) but after you break them, they fall swing down and ignite the. . .filth with sparks. Just a thought.

I'm also kind of curious as to how you fight inside the house. I didn't see any mention of it (although I may have just missed it). Is it random-ish like Mushroomy Kingdom? Or is there a certain phase of the stage where you go inside? Other than that, it's a great stage to kick off the MYminis with; excellent job here Kupa! Oh, and random thing I forgot to mention. Your image is a good example of an image that's not exactly a drawing of the stage layout but it's still easy to tell the layout from the image provided.

Festive Floats

Oh lawdy. AHNOLD's infamous Christmas movie gets a stage? I do distinctly remember being forced to watch this movie back when I was in elementary school (we had school movie nights sometimes lol). BUT...that's neither here nor there. The stage itself is a nifty one; Big Blue but slowed down, Christmas-afied and AHNOLD-afied. Your image for the set is neat and clear making it easy to picture what the stage looks like. It's a bit basic stagewise but it does manage to be a scrolling stage that doesn't mean near instant death if you touch the ground. My biggest complaint with the stage is the lack of AHNOLD. I mean it's AHNOLD's movie and this is his big scene where he saves the day and shows that he's not (entirely) the ****ty father he's made out to be the entire movie. Even so, it's an interesting take on a scrolling stage, one that actually seems like you'd still be fighting your opponents and not the layout/stage itself.

You could have included Sinbad at least =(...

Christmas Town (Present Factory)

Ah! A Nightmare Before Chri-Kingdom Hearts 2? (twitch)

Okay, that's just kind of a minor nitpick...and I do know that the stage is the boss fight area from Oogie Boogie's KH2 fight...but there's not one actual mention of Nightmare Before Christmas. Again though, that's beside the point. So...the stage itself is a pretty faithful recreation of the previously mentioned boss fight. You've got the presents, the conveyor belt, the spikes, all that good stuff.

I do however wonder how you get back after going through the "warp" on the conveyor belt. Do you simply have to jump over the glass box to get back to the center of the stage? Or is there a way to go through the "warp" again? Other than that, it's a good stage that replicates the source pretty well.
Even if that source isn't Nightmare Before Christmas =(

Whoops, first page nab. Hope nobody needed it.

Thrice

Smash Cadet
ROVING DANGER FIELD

So. You remember all those time-honoured, family-celebrated Christmas traditions? Rover Dangerfield ain't one of 'em. It's basically a raunchy tale about a ******** mutt who can only speak in lame one-liners. Sure, it's got a pretty good actor in it, but the movie itself is..well, while not HORRIBLE, certainly not a great family film. Which I hope to represent in this stage.

The stage itself is a "roving" stage much like Delfino Plaza; there's one central platform, but you travel around and visit many different locales during the stage.

The first of these areas is the casino in which the movie starts out. In here, there's not really much to do. It's a relatively flat and short stage, about the length of Final Destination, with a card table acting as a platform and obstacle in the center of the stage. There is a rather low roof here, so vertical KOs are impossible, but the sides are walk-off and vertical attacks can in fact cause enemies to bounce around and fly off the edge of the stage at high enough %s. Despite the low roof, there is a rather large "upper half" of the stage consisting of just a big, fancy chandelier that acts as a fall-through platform. There aren't any actual hazards or anything on this part of the stage, but there ARE some rather fuzzy "entertainment" poles in the background, complete with rather fuzzy girls.

After about twenty seconds, you're treated to a ride on the moving platform, which in this case is similar to Delfino Plaza's version, but with slanted platforms and moving platforms akin to the Dreamland stage in Melee, as well as the main platform itself tilting. The look of the stage is similar to a dressing room, but otherwise it acts much like Delfino Plaza. After taking you around the city for a around another fifteen seconds, it'll finally stop off at the second Brawling location...

The Bridge. But you don't actually fight on TOP of the bridge; you fight underneath it, on the supports. There's no actual bottom of this stage, just a bunch of solid platforms stationed around randomly, some of top of each other, some beside; just everywhere, and with water beneath them. Actual water, not the fake Hanenbow ****. On both sides of the stage are edges two stage builder blocks wide made up of rocks and other such material. These don't actually block the blast zones; there're more like spikes resting on the ground. Nonetheless, the terrain here is rather dangerous, as touching these rocks will deal vertical knockback that kills at around 110% and 8% damage.

Now, remember how I said you don't fight on top of the bridge? Well, you can still go up there, and it acts as a fall-through platform, but there are constantly cars passing by which deal 10% damage and set upward knockback of two Battlefield Platforms. Finally, every five seconds, a limo will pull up to either the far left, right, or exact middle of the stage and drop a very suspicious-looking bag which falls at the speed of Falcon's run. This bag deals 1% damage a hit, and drags players downwards, hitting them about six times a second. The bag will drag players straight down through the water and into the bottom blast zone if you let it. After twenty-five seconds, the platform will come back and whisk you away. It's much the same as before, but the platforms move and tilt a bit quicker and at with shorter intervals in between.

The third, and sadly last, location the players will visit before looping back around is the farm, which has a spot of pine trees whose branches can be stood on like fall-through platforms off to the far left side, where a few random animals roam about doing nothing. Once again, this is a walk-off stage, but only on the left side; a barn similar to the houses on Onett blocks off the right side. The rest of the stage is not just flat ground, though. For starters, most of the walkable platforms are covered in ice, making them very slippery. There are also 2 bales of hay on the stage, one in the middle right and one just to the right of the woods, that players can knock opponents into and pound on, with 2x grab difficulty to escape. While the animals on the left side don't do anything, every four seconds, a turkey will run out of the barn and begin to run around the stage with no actual effect, and within 3 more seconds, wolves will appear from the same barn, running after the turkey at Fox's running pace and biting any player who gets within a Battlefield Platform of them for 7% damage and moderate 45 degree knockback killing around 130%.

You may have been wondering...just where IS Rover on this entire stage? Well, I didn't forget him. Over by the pine trees, he'll occasionally appear, twirling around and apparently singing some sort of song...just what is he doing? Well, if you look closely, you'll see a little stream of yellow liquid coming out from him..he's pissing all over the Christmas Trees! He'll do this for two seconds, and any player caught during this will take 12% damage and be immobilized for a whole two seconds while they shake the disgusting fluid off. After he's done, all of the snow on the whole left side of the stage will be turned into slush, which halves player's movement speed and jumping abilities. Gross...

After twenty more seconds of this, the platform comes back around one final time, this time with it and all of the other platforms gone into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE, rotating back and forth and up and down violently. After fifteen seconds, you arrive back at the casino, and the next time the platform come it'll be reset.

Unfortunately, I couldn't really find any good screenshots to use in this stage, not even in the Nostalgia Critic review. Hell, I had to find the scene on Youtube to get the only one I DID use. I had to WATCH part of this movie.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Darth Meanie and Joe present -- the revenge of the joint Pokeset --

Toxicroak

Toxicroak has joined the Brawl! One of the meanest Pokemon to come out of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Toxicroak whittles the foe down with poison in his knuckle-claws, dodging attacks with his flexible body to strike at the foe.

Toxicroak is strong, isn't afraid to fight dirty, and is utterly ruthless to his foes. Let's see how exactly he does in Brawl.

Stats

Size - 4/10

He is kind of average in size, being a tad taller than Lucario, but he only weighs in at about Sonic's weight. This makes him a bit easier to knock around than his Steel/Fighting counterpart, but he has other advantages to overcome that.

Speed - 6/10

Such as his speed. He can dash around at a run speed rivaling Donkey Kong or Toon Link, which accompanied by his many moves that move himself automatically, make for quite a mobile threat. He also sports a variety of quick strikes, making him a potent close-range fighter.

Air - 5/10

Being a frog, Toxicroak sports two good jumps, each being about as good as Zero Suit Samus'. He also has a decent air speed to back them up, similar to Game and Watch, but with average fall speed.

Specials

Neutral Special - Poison Jab

Toxicroak leans forward slightly and punches forward with his knuckle-claws with each tap of the special button. He punches rapidly, firing off a jab three times a second, each hit dealing 3.5% damage and light knockback. It's pretty easy to DI out of, but Toxicroak can usually get a couple of hits in, especially since he moves forward with each jab.

When this is performed in the air, Toxicroak punches at a downwards angle, partially canceling his momentum and knocking him upwards slightly with each hit.

Each hit also poisons the foe, causing them to take 1% damage a second for the next five seconds. Each successive hit with Poison Jab while the opponent is poisoned extends the length of the poison for another three seconds.

Poisoning the foe is the first key to Toxicroak's playstyle; by adding a lot of time the opponent is poisoned, he forces them to engage him instead of running off and camping like sissies.

Down Special - Swagger

Toxicroak raises up one of his knuckle claws, chuckling obnoxiously as he waves his middle knuckle-claw back and forth. This takes about a quarter of a second to start up, but for the next three quarters of a second if Toxicroak is attacked, he merely sidesteps the attack coolly, tripping the foe with his leg.

This not only gives Toxicroak a nice frame advantage, it also leaves him free to techchase enemies coming out of their prone state. Especially when you consider his Side Special...

Side Special - Pursuit

Toxicroak leans forward and dashes, covering over a battlefield platform and a half in a blink of any eye as he strikes for 8% damage. It's very quick, and would be a decent approaching move were it not for the low priority and significant end lag on the attack.

However, as the last move foreshadowed, the real meat of this attack is what happens when an opponent tries to roll or spotdodge this attack. Instead of going right past them, Toxicroak pursues them to the background of the stage, striking for 16% damage instead and much more histun, enough to make up for the end lag that would otherwise make this move unsafe to land.

Oh, by the way. This move can also be used as horizontal recovery in the air, but leaves Toxicroak helpless at the end. It can hit enemies during air dodges though, and can even hit enemies who are invincible hanging onto the ledge, spiking them down for a guaranteed kill. Beware though, this also kills Toxicroak.

Up Special - Bounce

As you might imagine, being a frog, Toxicroak leaps into the air with a powerful hop. He kicks down as he leaps, and any foes beneath him are spiked downwards for 12% damage with the same strength as Falco's down aerial. Touching his body at any other point during the beginning animation for 8% damage. During the jump, Toxicroak has knockback resistance similar to Yoshi's second jump to boot, and afterwards he does not enter helpless.

Normally, Toxicroak hops up not quite as high as Marth's Up Special. Unlike most recoveries though, which you only want to use when you've already used all your jumps, Toxicroak jumps even further, using the energy from his midair jump to double the vertical range and greatly increase the horizontal range. Toxicroak can clear three quarters of Final Destination in a single bound!

This means that he can get the distance of both his midair jump and his recovery, along with knockback resistance, when used in the air, and quickly traverse most of the stage when used on the ground. Be careful though; jump too far, and you'll end up falling off the stage without a recovery. That would be very bad.

Standards

Jab - Sucker Punch

Toxicroak throws out a quick two hit punch, one from each side for 6% damage each. It's not particularly fast, about the speed of Mario's jab, and nothing too impressive.

However, Toxicroak has the unique ability to do this move while spotdodging. During his spot dodge, he can throw out the first hit of Sucker Punch, and come out of the attack to land the second hit, which has average knockback.

It gives Toxicroak the unique incentive to spotdodge instead of shielding, as he has a very unique and effective answer to those moves with extended hitboxes. Just make sure you have the timing right; it'd be a shame for the opponent to stay out of range only to hit you as you come out of the dodge.

Down Tilt - Poison Fang

Toxicroak crouches down like a frog about to jump, and reaches forward, chomping down on the foe. This deals 8% damage and has a grab hitbox.

While Toxicroak's preferred method of poisoning foes is through his knuckle-claws, his strongest poison is in fact carried in his mouth. If the foe is already poisoned, Poison Fang makes them badly poisoned, causing them to take 2% damage a second instead of 1% as long as they remained poisoned. If the foe isn't already poisoned, the attack badly poisons the foe for three seconds.

As you might imagine, the opponent doesn't really want to get hit by this attack if you've already racked up some poison damage. And, while it's not particularly fast, the fact that it has a grab hitbox also makes the enemy wary of shielding, as Poison Fang will hit through that.

Forward Tilt - Astonish

Toxicroack very quickly leans forward on one leg, and does a full spin, backhanding opponents on both sides of him with his right hand for 3% damage.

The attack doesn't deal much damage and no hitstun, but it completely turns them around, just like Mario's cape, and the enemy continues their animation as usual.

Done right, this can wreck most attacks that only hit on one side, but can easily be avoided by opponents with attacks that hit in front and behind them. Every Make Your Move moveset ever is screwed though.

Up Tilt - Venom Shock

Toxicroak builds up his venom in diaphragm for a fifth of a second, then shoots it out in a spray that fills an area about the size of a bumper. The poison deals splash damage, with three hits of 3% each.

Opponents who are poisoned take extra damage from this attack, which deals 5% for every hit instead. If the opponent is badly poisoned, the last hit does extra knockback, killing at around 140%.

This is also Toxicroak's best attack to damage shields, with multiple hits, extra damage on shields, and a high angle that allows it to hit after the shield has been damaged some.

Dash Attack - Fake Out

Without warning, Toxicroak dives forward, performing his regular forward roll as he slips into the background. During what would normally be the ending lag of the roll though, Toxicroak turns around claps his hands forward, slapping anyone in range for 6% damage and flinching hitstun.

If Toxicroak whiffs this attack or hits a shield though, he loses his balance, taking about a quarter second of lag. If the enemy shields when it's a real roll though, they're suddenly grab fodder. Mix this attack up, and opponents will be afraid whenever Toxicroak rolls.

Smashes

Forward Smash - Vacuum Wave

Toxicroak holds his arms back, similar to Lucario's Aura Sphere. While charging, he builds up a ball of pure vacuum between his hands, which has a strong pull effect that sucks enemies within a bit more than one and a half battlefield platforms from him towards the blast.

When released, Toxicroak fires the wave forward like a certain ball of energy from a classic fighting game, where it travels just a battlefield platform forward before dissipating. Contact with the projectile deals 10-18% damage, depending on charge, with moderate knockback and hefty hitstun.

Down Smash - Revenge

Toxicroak shudders with anticipation, charging up as he crouches on all fours. When released, he slashes forward with one arm, then slashes behind him with the other. Both hits deal between 12-24% damage.

Similarly to Wario's Forward Smash, when the attack is released, Toxicroak has flinch resistance against attacks under 14% damage. If he is struck while performing Revenge, he adds the damage he took to his attack. The knockback also increases, killing around 120% normally, but from 110-80% if he absorbs an attack during the release.

If Toxicroak baits the foe into attacking, this can be a fantastic way to try to get a kill. Even outside of its utility as a killing move, it's a nice counter attack if you're willing to take some damage, and he shouldn't have too much trouble frustrating the foe into hitting him.

Up Smash - Cross Chop

Toxicroak leans far back to charge this move up, enough to avoid most attacks that would only barely glance him. He holds both of his arms back, and when released, slams forward, bringing both arms down in front of him in a wide radius.

This deals 10-20% damage normally, but has a sweetspot where his arms cross, right in front of his eyes, where it deals 14-26% damage. This move kills at 130% regularly, and 110% sweetspotted.

What makes this attack extremely dangerous is that Toxicroak can use it as a dash attack canceled up smash. Used this way, Toxicroak will roll forward, turn around, lean back, and slam his arms down for a Cross Chop, all in a very short period of time.

Grab-Game

Grab - Toxigrab

Toxicroak leans in forward and grabs the foe. It's slightly slower than most grabs, but it's also fairly long ranged.

Toxicroak also has a nice grab release with a frame advantage, giving him a lot of opportunities to poke at foes with his grabs.

Pummel - Poison Pummel

Toxicroak repeatedly stabs the opponent with his knuckle-claws, dealing .5% damage and adding on a second of poison damage to them. It's a fairly fast pummel; he can hit almost four times a second. At higher percentages, this can add on a whole bunch of poison time, but at high damage you probably don't need that much more poison.

If you need to build up poison though, especially if the opponent is already badly poisoned, you can get several pummels off and still have an advantage after your grab release, which chains directly into Poison Jab.

Every Throw - Faint Attack

Cloned throws? You're both better than that. True, true, but these throws aren't exactly clones.

Whenever you press a direction, Toxicroak drops the opponent to the ground, and just slowly fades away... and the real fun begins.

Essentially, this puts Toxicroak in the perfect position to techchase. If you time it right, Toxicroak follows up any opponent's reaction.

If you throw forward or backward, Toxicroak will slide two battlefield platforms in the direction you pointed. He is completely invincible, and performs a flying kick at anyone in his path for 9% damage.

It knocks enemies diagonally forwards with mediocre knockback, and has a small bit of ending lag. Timed right though, it will guaranteed follow up an enemy's throw. Toxicroak can chase with his aerials though, especially with his horizontal momentum boosted by a Bounce.

Tap the control stick up, and Toxicroak will dive downwards from midair with a vicious drop kick for 12% damage, with invulnerability that ensures he hits foes using their get-up attacks. It only has mediocre set knockback upwards though.

Throw down, and Toxicroak will slide forward, just like with his forward throw, but with no attack. Instead, Toxicroak just slides while completely invulnerable, which offers a slew of different follow-up options, as he's free to perform any move out of the slide.

Aerials

Neutral Aerial - Flying Frog Slam

Toxicroak holds his arms and legs outstretched, each limb dealing 9% with excellent range. This attack is an extended sex kick, which can easily be performed out of a shorthop and is great for midair pokes and cross-ups, pressuring enemies on the ground from the air.

Forward Aerial - Sludge Bomb

Generic projectile filler aerial forced creativity? No sir. In what is clearly Toxicroak's laggiest aerial, he fills up his diaphragm with disgusting poison, which he then wretches in front of him at a slightly downwards angle, dealing 11% damage and knockback that can kill at comfortable percentages offstage.

The bomb bursts right in front of Toxicroak, stalling his momentum in the air and hitting a radius about the size of a bumper. As an approach, it's a mixed bag, but the disjointed range and momentum of the attack can make it a decent surprise for enemies.

Back Aerial - Frog Legs

Toxicroak rapidly kicks out behind him, slapping foes with his legs three times for 4% damage each. It's fast and has a good amount of range, but not too much knockback.

It's a good general aerial attack, and great as an approach out of a shorthop, or a Bounce if you're daring. The multiple hits also makes it good for poking at shields on the ground.

Like Yoshi's back air, it auto-cancels when it hits the ground, perfect for follow-ups.

Up Aerial - X-Scissor

Using his knuckle-claws, Toxicroak makes a cross-slash above him, dealing 9% damage rather quickly, with a surprisingly large hitbox. It's a nice general purpose attack, and can juggle at low pecentages or follow up after knocking a foe away.

Down Aerial - Brick Break

Toxicroak flips upside down, and slams his arm straight down, similarly to Ike's Down Aerial.

His arm deals 11% damage and relatively strong downward knockback, if not quite as strong as Bounce. The hitbox lingers for a while, with a duration of nearly half a second. This move eats shields alive out of a shorthop, as it deals double damage to shields.

The long duration makes it dangerous if he whiffs it in a shorthop though, as the move has horrible landing lag. It pops him upwards slightly if it hits though, which give him enough time to right himself before landing.

Final Smash

Toxicroak has the Smash Ball! To start this all up, Toxicroak performs a big gay dance, and mud rises Kirby's height up from the ground!

Whenever someone other than Toxicroak lands in the Great Marsh, they are instantly pitfalled, and must button mash like fiends in order to escape. Every. Single. Time.

Since Toxicroak obviously isn't tech-chasing while in the Great Marsh, his Side Special and Down Special have been replaced with two new moves.

His Down Special is now Mud Slap. Toxicroak slaps downwards, and a wave of mud splashes out from all sides, dealing 8% damage and strong downwards knockback. Right back into the Great Marsh.

His Side Special becomes Mud Bomb. Toxicroak swipes forward, and a bubble of Mud bursts forward, following the same angle as Yoshi's Egg Toss. Contact with this Mud Bomb deals 13% damage and knockback that kills around 100%.

The Great Marsh lasts for twenty seconds. Have fun!

Playstyle

Toxicroak is a dirty fighter at his core. Poison the foe, build up the pressure, get into their head, and never let them get away.

Poisoning the foe is certainly a core aspect of his game. Poison Jab is fast and can wrack up poison damage very quickly, and as their poison climbs higher, it becomes harder for them to play defensively, and encourages them to play more aggressively... and make more mistakes. With Poison Fang and Venom Shock to add to the poison damage, they can become a very important aspect of Toxicroak's damage racking game. While few attacks of his deal great damage, he has no trouble building damage up.

Toxicroak has a number of approaching options. His Forward Aerial, Neutral Aerial, and Back Aerial are all servicable choices, especially boosted in momentum by Bounce. His Dash Attack is a very good way to quickly get in close, and forces the foe to guess whether you're doing a roll, a dash attack... or your Up Smash...

Once Toxicroak gets in close, he's very, very hard to get rid of. Pursuit makes sure of that, making rolling away easily punished. Vacuum Wave also makes any attempt to escape moot as he sucks them back in range for a projectile that leaves them vulnerable to another attack. Shorthopped aerials can also follow enemies trying to space you, and even if they manage to get away, he's still got enough approaching options to get near again.

To build up the pressure on the foe, Toxicroak has a number of moves all designed to trip enemies up. Dodge and Sucker Punch, counter with Revenge, turn the opponent around with Astonish. Shorthop and chip away at their shield with your Bair... or whack it down with your Dair. Don't forget moves like his Up Smash which can get him just out of range of attacks only to hit right back.

Swagger is also one of Toxicroak's most important moves, as it trips foes and puts them right into Toxicroak's deadly techchase game. Do they roll and risk Pursuit, or do a get up attack and risk Revenge?

Toxicroak's grab game is an excellent extension of all aspects of his character. Guess how they react correctly, and you can get a guaranteed hit in and be in prime position to follow up. His grab release and pummel are also fantastic ways to build up poison length too.

As you may have noticed, Toxicroak has a number of moves that slip opponents up and leave them wide open to attack. None of his attacks are big enough hitters to really get big damage in, but these are prime opportunities to use Poison Jab.

When Toxicroak gets into kill territory, he's got plenty of options. On the stage, Revenge kills at the lowest percentage, but requires being hit in order to use effectively. Venom Shock is a servicable killer against poisoned enemies, and a sweetspotted Cross Chop is effective too.

Off the stage, Toxicroak can spike enemies with Bounce or his Down Aerial, and get kills with his Forward Air too when properly placed. Pursuit can also finish off foes who grab the ledge, but doing so is a suicide attack, so use with caution.

Toxicroak is a very effective character in the right hands. With high pressure, mindgames, a strong techchase game, he's not an easy character to use, but played right, he has an answer to every situation and can take down enemies with ease.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Don't take too seriously, hope you don't poke your eye(s) out.

THE HIDDEN BASEMENT

"It's like Christmas!"
The Hidden Basement is....you guessed it, a hidden basement featured in the RPG Shooter "Borderlands". A room only accessible during one mission, it was found by accident when a Borderlands player decided to **** around in a random town rather than going after the mission.

The Stage

"Oh yeah, that was all me."

The stage is typical flat stage, 12 stage builder blocks long, with a couple of distinct traits. The biggest is that there are only 2 specific places to K.O an opponent. Either directly under the elevator, or hitting them through the door labeled "Snifty Landing". There are 2 item giving objects in the stage, giving unique items only available to the hidden basement (for now). It also features a radio, obviously for music. I'll go into each of these traits, so hold your horses.

So one of the unique things about this stage is the grenade tree. Kinda like Jun's item tree, only it spawns random special grenades. 4 types of grenades spawn from this tree, with varying spawn rates each match.

Explosive Contact: Your classic grenade with a twist. Instead of a timed fuse, these grenades will explode when touched by another opponent dealing 15% in damage. Resourceful players can use these grenades as mines. Has a similar blast radius to Snake's Grenades.

Shock Longbow: When you throw these grenades, they will disappear and then reappear after 30 frames, 3 stage builder blocks away. When they explode, a large shock explosion will occur, electrifying any one with in 1/2 of a smart bomb radius and dealing 25% in continuous damage. If a player is between the person who threw it, and it's destination, the player will not be harmed.

Corrosive MIRV: Despite the grenade spawn rates being random, Corrosive MIRV's will always have the lowest spawn rate. It's very evident when you see it's destructive power. When you throw one, the initial grenade will explode, dealing a measly 10% damage with a 40% chance of poison damage. But, with this explosion comes with more grenades, having the same stats, but with 100% guaranteed poison effects that will last 60 seconds.

Tranfusion: When a Transfusion grenade explodes, 5 trails of white and pink crosses will home into opponent. These transfusion trails can penetrate shields, so the only way to avoid these trails are spot dodging. When a trail hits a opponent, it will deal 10% damage, turn red and home back to the person who threw the grenade. When the red trail hits the player who threw the grenade, the player heals 5% of damage (totaling 25% of health if all the trails come back). Be careful though, other opponents can intercept the trails and get healed as well.

The Item Box
The Item box is exactly what it says on the tin, or in this case, the box. When some one hits the box, a random item will come out, plus a chance for another item exclusive to this stage, the Rider sniper rifle.

"I love this damn thing!"

When you fire the Rider, it will automatically aim for the nearest threat, shooting them in the head, dealing 10% in damage. You have 20 shots in total, making this weapon deadly.

The Elevator
The Elevator most of the time is a hole, one of the only ways a person can be forcibly be removed from this room(apart from Snifty Landing). If some one was crazy enough to actually ride the elevator(IT WOULD EXPOSE THEM TO THE DANGEROUSLY BORING RESIDENTS OF NEW HAVEN), on the ride down, they would bring some equally dangerous uninvited guests to the Christmas party.

"Atlas regrets that you are on its 'must die' list and hopes that you will continue to use our products should you survive this encounter."

These generic grey armored soldiers are named the Crimson Lance, a private military under the Atlas Corporation. If some one brought these guys down, what would ensure would be almost chaotic. For some reason, 3 troopers will gladly help the person who brought them down into this hellhole to die, and will start attacking everyone else. Each Crimson Lance soldier has 50HP of health, and only 3 can be present on the stage at any given time. If some one throws a transfusion grenade, the trails will also attempt to steal health from Lance troopers. Crimson Lance Soldiers also have the highest hit priority when shooting the Red Rider, making them effective scapegoat shields.

Snifty's Landing
Snifty's Landing is similar to the elevator. The only difference is that you can't go into directly, other wise it would count as a regular suicide in addition to a rather nasty scream with some saw buzz noise and chopping.But, throwing a grenade, or shooting into the hole will cause 3 pissed off bandits to come out.

I don't have any small pics of the bandits, so have one of their lesser leaders, Sledge! P.S You guy's aren't friends.

A random combination consisting of a Bandit Raider, Psycho ******, or a Burning Psycho will come out of this hole. Bandit Raiders will shoot any one in sight, Psycho ******* will deal small but fast attacks, and Burning Psychos will ignite anyone it comes into contact with. All their damages vary from 5%-10%, and all 3 bandits have 30HP. In rare cases a super muscular guy aptly named The Bruiser will come out. Each shot from his Machine gun deals 10% damage, and has a whooping 100HP. Like the Crimson Lance, transfusion grenades and the Red Rider will target these guys first.

A very humorous scene can occur when Crimson Lance and Bandit's are out at the same time. They'll both sit down and have a spot of Rocky Road Ice Cream, then the Crimson Lance proceeding to impale said bandits to the wall. Jeez, talk about taking your name to whole new level.

The Radio

If some one hits the Radio during a fight, it switches tunes! Pretty cool huh?
This stage has access to some Christmasy tunes plus special tunes like Snifty Landing and the rather fitting "I don't know what the hell this tune is, just listen to it dammit". Pushing copyright boundaries even more, 3 unrelated Christmas songs can play. Cage the Elephant "No rest for the Wicked", D.J Champion "No Heaven" and Lonely Island "I'm on a boat"

So yea, I actually finished a MYMini (hippo)

EDIT: Also, Toxicroak managed to sneak by me. Oh well, sorry if I steal any thunder (doubt it though).

n88

Smash Lord
Some commontree

Hey, commenting! I still do that sometimes! The first moveset in my massive backlog (visible from space!) is Nattorei! I could make some comparisons to Forretress, but I'm sure you've heard those already, so let's just move on, shall we? The inabillity to walk/dash seems a bit odd, especially when you pull out several different creative ways to move around later on; it would have been interesting to see a more unique movement mechanic, rather than just a disability. The passive hitboxes of the Iron Barbs make for a far more interesting ability, which interacts nicely with large portions of the set. Although at points, the parts of Nattorei's game revolving around spikes feel somewhat disjointed from those concerning the Iron Barbs, and a few moves don't seem to tie into the playstyle all that well (something you really excelled at with Magmortar and Hariyama; nigh every move they had felt like it was important), but you manage to tie it all together fairly well at the end.

Overall, Nattorei was a pretty cool set, but not your best work.

Next up, we've got John Marston, one of MYM9's many, many newcomer sets. John has a pretty sweet western/cowboy feel to him, which is very well-done. You also seem to have done a pretty good job with your Match-Up section, which is great, and also gives the impression that you've been waiting in the wings for quite some time (Fat Bast. is hardly a new set) before finally joining in, which is impresssive. (although I wish you had started movesetting a bit sooner) One gripe I have with your set is the organization; having the Grabs mixed in with the Specials is a little strange, and separate sections for Tilts, Smashes, and Aerials usually make for a smoother read. Still, I can definitely see this being the start of a great MYMing career, so keep at it. :cool:

[Insert witty lead-in here] Godzilla! Like what most other people have been saying, Godzilla is a step up from your MYM8 works, but it's not without its flaws. The balancing is a bit off; your damage percentages are very low, especially for a monster like Godzilla, who I would expect to be quite the powerhouse, and likewise, your rate of regeneration is incredibly wimpy. 1% damage every two seconds is already kinda low, and when combined with the fact that he's got to sit still for three whole seconds just to initiate it, it's nigh useless. Godzilla just doesn't seem to have that powerful feel to him that one would expect. You do touch on some interesting concepts throughout the set, though; Down Throw is a great way to force foes inot the air and (presumably) play into Godzilla's Neutral Special fairly well. The set could use a few number tweaks, but aside from that, it isn't bad, and I'm definitely ready to see whatever you're planing next.

. . . I meant to write a couple more comments to continue digging myself out of my massive pile o' movesets, but it seems I must be off! Before I go, I did want to add that Aianto now has a legitimate set of aerials.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
GAMAGEROGE

You weren’t kidding when you were saying this was channeling Arbok, and while it has all of the good from said set it’s certainly plenty different from it. Once Toxicroak has approached, it’s just near impossible to shake him off, as he has a response to nearly everything that you can do. Of course, the fact he has to predict it means it’s not a reactionary playstyle, and the poison damage means that the foe won’t even really want to get away, as they’ll be getting a net loss in damage due to the poison. Toxicroak just has such a unique new take on pressure, and I –do- love it when pressure is successfully achieved without combos. I’m a particularly big fan of the dash attack. While at first in might just seem to be mindgames with the roll, another possibility is introduced for the animation without just making a clone of the move with the DACUS. Pure brilliance there.

While Toxicroak –is- great, a problem for me is a decent chunk of filler. . .Though a good chunk of those moves are the aerials, which are made more relevant when abusing horizontal momentum from Bounce, and Toxicroak needs those moves to keep the foe constantly guessing and remain as unpredictable as possible anyway. Well. . .That was a failed complaint, eh? It’s quite hard to critize this fantastic set, but I’ll try none the less. . .There is –one- section of legitimate filler I feel in the throws, as they just feel pointless when Toxicroak has Pursuit and Revenge to respond to the foe’s wake-up games anyway. The same effect would be there if Toxicroak just had a single throw that put the foe in their prone state.

RODNEY DANGERFIELD’S YELLOW SNOW

Pretty good scrolling stage you’ve got here. I particularly like the section with the bridge, though the sheer abundance of walk-offs has me feeling a bit queasy. It’s a decent representation of the movie as a whole (Whether that’s a good thing or not, you decide), the bridge section being my favorite (Have fun against my Ganon’s dair), though I think the time spent there. The last location has the reason this stage was made, which I obviously massively approve of, although I think there was a missed opportunity with not having the farmer come out and shoot whoever killed the turkey.

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
Coming to terms with having two people in my mind
I have finished reading a moveset! HUZZAH!

DIGLETT

I've finally started to read MYM9 sets from beginning to end, and I gotta say: I picked a great one to start out with. The image format was clean, well-presented, and
(most importantly)
, easy and quick to read. But looks don't make a good moveset, the content does. And thankfully, Diglett delivers fully in that regard.

Diglett takes the idea of stage control to a new level; Digging freely through the stage sounds like it'd be a really fun thing to do in the actual game, and the giant molehills interact very nicely with the rest of the set. Junahu also managed to keep Diglett really in-character, keeping with the theme of Diglett never revealing his lower body.

I may edit some more content in later, but for now, I'll just leave with this: Even though I've only read one moveset so far, Diglett seems like he'll probably earn a SV from me. Great job, Junahu! :awesome:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Toxicroak:
An interesting set here. It reminds me a lot of Arbok, what with the poison attacks and background attacks. The constant attacking is pretty nifty, as I like offensive sets. A couple of complaints I have is that the average MYMer (AKA me) doesn't understand what "techchasing" and such are, but I guess that's mainly JOE's input, because he's one of those tourney*** professor guys. The other complaint is that you can't have .5% of a damage, as there isn't half measurements of damage in Smash, at least to my knowledge not. Overall, I like it, so good job JOE and DM!

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
Now you may be thinking, why is a Halloween themed stage part of MYMini #1, a MYMini about Christmas stages? Well actually this stage is based off of the movie The Nightmare before Christmas. As you all probably know TNBC is a movie where Jack Skellington, a resident of Halloween town, visits Christmas town and causes destruction the world over by trying to combine the two holidays. Also it’s my family’s Christmas tradition. Anyway this is the stage layout.

The Orange areas are the stage. The Gray tower is Jack’s House. The Blue box is the fountain from the middle of town. The Pink box is the Doctor’s workshop. Finally the purple pyramid is Oogie Boogie’s house. Only the Orange platforms are actually part of the foreground while the other things are in the background. Also the red line is the path the Jack will take during the match.
The Stage is basically the center of Halloween town’s square and is as long as 1.5 Final Destinations. Also the boundaries off the sides are pretty close to the stage. Any way the 4 things I mentioned are important to the stage.
First up is Jack’s house.
First up is Jack’s house.

In TNBC Jack was obsessed with Christmas and all it’s lore. So every 30 seconds Jack, who is chilling in his house working experiments, will throw one out of his experiments out of the window as he is running out of space for them.
1. Snow?

Jack pokes his head out of the window and dumps a sack of Paper snowflakes out of his window for 2 seconds. This has water knockback properties knocking people out of the air and into the ground. The snow is flammable so any fire attacks will cause the paper waterfall to erupt into flames that deal 10% damage and knockback to whoever touches it. When the paper hits the ground it will disappear into nothing.
2. Electric Light-up Chair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXsikMF_ofg&feature=related Use this for the rest of the images in the set.
Jack pokes his head out of the window once more and drops a chair that that is attached to a string of lights. This reaches from the window to just above the ground. For 10 seconds it will swing from the window and around the stage back and forth. After the ten seconds it will disappear. If a character hits the chair they will immediately be “grabbed” by it. When grabbed by the chair they will be sat down on the chair and are electrocuted for a second taking 20% damage. They then drop and will continue their fight.
3. Ornaments
Jack pokes his head out of the window and throws 5 ornaments on random areas of the stage. These ornaments are the ball variety and are orange, black, red, or green. If a character walks over these ornaments it will act like a banana peel and cause the character to trip. These ornaments will stay on the stage for 5 seconds after hitting the ground.
4. Nothing
Jack pokes his head out the window and looks around. He scratches his head and goes back inside. Nothing happens. He must be thinking about something.

Next is the fountain in the center of town.

Every 13 seconds a blast of acid will bubble out and squirt in a random direction from the fountain very similarly to a cracker launcher cracker. If this burst of acid hits someone it deals 8% damage. Also constantly during the brawl acid spills out of the fountain making the immediate area in front of the fountain an oil slick that trips up brawlers and deals 1% damage per second to anyone standing over it.
Third is the doctor’s workshop (I couldn’t find a photo :( )
Every 30 seconds a lightning bolt will come from the sky and strikes the workshop. It has similar properties to Pikachu’s own thunder attack. However the doctor is working on something inside. If the doctor’s work shop is hit 5 times in a match a moan can be heard from inside with maniacal laughter from the doctor screaming, “It’s alive, It’s alive!!”

After this the doors open and a zombie version of a random brawler will walk out of the workshop. This zombie will walk towards the closest fighter and attempt to grab them. If the zombie succeeds it will begin biting them at a slow rate. If it gets 3 bites off of one grab the fighter will turn into a zombie and will lose his stock. However the zombie has a halved grab range.
Players can KO the zombie by knocking it off the stage. A zombie will make no attempts of recovery besides a single jump. However zombies take half the damage of a normal brawler so it’s in a players best interest to KO a zombie as fast as possible.

The final Structure in Halloween town is Oogie Boogies house. (Again I couldn’t find a photo but its basically a giant tree house.)​
Oogie Boogie’s house behaves similarly to Jack’s house but Oogie dances in the background the entire match. Every minute a hazard will spawn from oogie boogie.
Use this video as a reference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw0aoVpFCDw

1.Exploding dice-​
Oogie boogie throws 2 dice into the foreground. They are red and have skulls instead of dots. They are roughly the size of a smash ball. After they hit the ground they will show a number between 1-6 They then explode in a very small radius dealing damage equal to the number shown multiplied by 4.

2. Blast Slots-
Oogie laughs and screams, “Slots anyone?” Two slot machine shooters from the video slowly walk onto the stage. They stand on opposite sides of the fountain in the center of town. They then point to a brawler on the stage and fire a single bullet at them that travels at a similar speed to Falco’s laser. If it hits them it will deal 20% damage and flinching knock back. They will then disappear.
3. Bugs-
Oogie will laugh as a swarm of bugs exit the fountain and swarm the main platform of the stage. For the next 25 seconds the main platform will be dangerous to anyone who touches it dealing 2% damage a second when you stand over it.

4. Nothing happens-
Oogie shrugs and nothing happens.
Finally The Jack Santa line is the line where Santa Jack will fly.

You see, every 5 minutes of the match a sleigh will appear from the back ground with Jack driving it. He laughs heartily and throws 3 presents on the stage. These presents are about the size of a crate and will open when hit by an attack. When it is hit the present opens and toys fall out. They disappear after 30 seconds. The toys are living jack in the boxes and are evil! This makes them move towards a brawler and will grab them. They walk at the speed of charizard’s walk and when they grab they explode and deal damage and knockback similar to rest. You can stop the toys by hitting them with an attack that deals at least 15% damage. You can also hit jack mid flight to interrupt the flight.

SPECIAL HOLIDAY EVENTS
When you play on certain holidays the stage has some special easter eggs
If you play the game on Halloween: All the citizens of Halloween town leave their homes and dance in the background of the stage while you fight. Also the song for the stage is set to “This is Halloween” for the entire day. Also the Santa Jack event will not happen. Furthermore when Jack pokes his head out the window for Jack’s house events he appears as the pumpkin king with a flaming head as a purely aesthetic touch.
If you play on Christmas: The Santa Jack event is replaced by actual Santa Claus. Instead of demonic toys, Santa throws around presents that explode into piles of food for all the brawlers. This tri minutely event will cover the entire stage with food items similarly to Peach’s final smash.
If you play on the first night of Hanukkah: Everyone is confused and no events occur.
If you play on Thanksgiving: Tim Burton will appear on the stage instead of oogie boogie and will give a timeout sign with his hands when the match starts. You can’t play on this stage on Thanksgiving.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
MYmini Update

We have decided that the first MYmini contest will end tonight at Midnight (which is about eight hours away at the moment) Pacific time. The voting period will consist of Sunday, so please PM your votes for this first MYmini to myself before Sunday is over. The results will be announced in thread on Monday after everything has been added up.

You have -THREE- votes for this MYmini.

So things to note. . .

-Have entries in BEFORE tonight. If they come in tomorrow, they will not be counted.

-Have votes in before midnight on Sunday. If they are not in by then, they will not count.

-Look out for the new MYmini which will be explained in tomorrow's Recap!

Excellent work with this one though everyone! Great turnout and we even got a few surprise vets returning!

As promised, I have kept a link to every MYmini submitted for this mini in my first post. You can find the links on -THIS- post! Please review all of the minis before voting! Thank you~<3

-The Leadership

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
Toxicroak
I like Toxicroak a lot. The poison damage and the great techchase game is a good combo, and the counters (Swagger and Revenge) make him even deadlier if he can predict correctly. His grab game is also really cool, and they're only really cloned in name. I thought this set was good.

The Hidden Basement
The grenade tree and the items box's randomness are awesome, and I thought the interactions between the bandits and Crimson Lances were funny. I like this stage a lot.

Gigiath
I like the idea of revolving around a certain big move as your primary KO method, but that move, IMO, shouldn't take a whole minute to fully charge. That charge time means it's gonna take probably 2-4 minutes to actually charge it, rack up the damage, and hit them with it, and that's assuming you don't miss with it. Also, outside of Solarbeam, it seems like Gigiath has no noteworthy KO options, which really hinders him.

I did like some of the set, so don't think the charge time thing completely ruined it. The Mud tilts are nice ways of slowing down opponents, and they fit the whole playstyle. I also like how some moves alter the stage and make it more difficult to dodge Solarbeam. It's a nice set, but the charge time and lack of alternate kill moves really hurt it.

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
I think its about time that I start commenting on some stuff, so here goes nothing:

Toxicroak:
This actually reminded me of Riolu in my Pokemon Breeder set, they both get in the opponent's face and stay there, using dodges, counters, and fake outs to keep the opponent off balance. The main difference between them being Toxicroak's poison and techchase game, both of which Riolu lacks. Everything seems to flow quite well, and I liked your implementation of the throws. The final smash seems a bit out of place, but that's not a major issue.

Gigiath:
Well, the Solarbeam is certainly an interesting concept, but I think that you took it a litle bit too far and made it really weak. Looking through the whole moveset, there aren't any move that have a decent chance of KOing the opponent besides Solarbeam, which itself doesn't even KO until 100%. Even then, it looks like getting to that 100% will be rather tough with almost all of his moves doing next to no damage and simply disrupting the foe. In addition, Solarbeam takes one whole minute to charge! Smash is a game where a charge time of 3 seconds is considered rather long, so expecting a player to wait more than a minute (more than because you won't be charging every second) for their only possible kill option to become available, and then make them wait again if they miss or the enemy survives, makes for a rather boring, frustrating match. On a positive note, the side-B crystal had some nice interactions, my favorite being the additional grab box. You also had some nice ideas for disruption type attacks, with the way enemies are effected by mud being rather cool. Overall there were some interesting concepts, but they were overdone and underpowered to the point that the character doesn't look like it would be very fun to play by myself, but it makes a pretty good doubles partner.

JOE!

Smash Hero
@Khold:

half-percents are recorded in Smash, you just dont see them:

Take two moves that do 7% damage on the opponent's "gauge", but they hit, and it does 15%...

how can this be?

Well, each move actually did 7.5%, a better example would be Lucario's Pummel

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
HEATRAN

I understand that this guy’s signature move is Solarbeam due to the Pokedex, but is there any reason in particular the grab is essentially Psychic. . .? Moving on, you very clearly establish that whiffing Solarbeam is unacceptable, and thus all of the move dedicated to making sure you don’t are some of the main flow for the moveset – getting mud in the foe’s eyes to prevent dodges is particularly cool, as well as reflecting the Solarbeam off of a gem. Many of these moves such as the pitfalling ones double as ways to stall for time to charge the Solarbeam, though with that ridiculous 60 second charge time I think Heatran should’ve been given more moves to buy himself the time he needs to charge. I also feel Heatran has far too many –hard- move interactions, moves that are completely useless when they’re not interacting with something. The most blatant examples of this are the Side B (Totally useless), the Down B (Which only counters a very few specific characters, and has limited use even with the interaction), and Sandstorm, which rips off Sandslash blatantly while only having one actual unimportant trap to hide in Stealth Rock. It’s been a long time since you made that glorious Sandslash set, and while this set is nowhere near its level it’s certainly not a wasted effort, as there are some very solid ideas in there as solid as the solid rock that makes up Heatran.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Four minutes late but. . .

SUBMISSION PERIOD FOR OUR FIRST MYMINI IS NOW OVER.

At this time, you may now send in your votes for your -THREE- favorite submissions. Remember that you can find links to all of these submissions on the very first page (2nd post)! So yeah, just PM me your votes.

Aianto

Might as wel toss in a comment or two while I'm here. So I didn't comment your stone golem as I got caught up doing other stuff (and I'm lazy) but I did read Aianto. I'm sorry to parrot what other people said but. . .Aianto is just plain broken really. I mean yeah, he's lightish but that Up Special essentially gives him infinite stock...and a whole army of level 7 CPU's to back you up. While level 7's certainly aren't that hard to deal with, with -FIVE- of them on stage and yourself as well all freely attacking, that sounds crazy overpowered to me. Not only that, but there's no real downside to summoning more Aiantos. There's some lag to it but it restarts you fresh AND with backup distracting the foe long enough for you to make more. Furthermore, the only Aianto that counts as a KO is -YOUR- Aianto. There's no penalty at all for having multiple Aianto and, from the way it's worded, you can even summon a new Aianto in midair.

Crazy balance problems aside, the core of the set basically stable. Aianto is a nifty little summons-esque character who can weave his way through and around the stage using his dig tunnels. Your playstyle title sums it up really better than I can; overwhelm. Aianto would be a really overwhelming foe to fight just because of how damn near impossible he'd be to take out. Sorry to seem pretty negative with this comment but it's one of those times when the balance quirks make it hard to see the actual playstyle that's being aimmed for here; why bother when you can simply outnumber/outlast your foe with incredible ease?

EDIT: Oh hay! Episode 2 of the Recap is up! Watch it nao! And by watch it I mean read it! Yes, -READING-! http://chiefmendez.wordpress.com/2010/12/19/mts-sunday-recap-battle-network-2/

Also I'l update the MYmini post on the front page of the thread once voting period for this one is done!

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Gigiath:
Well, the Solarbeam is certainly an interesting concept, but I think that you took it a litle bit too far and made it really weak. Looking through the whole moveset, there aren't any move that have a decent chance of KOing the opponent besides Solarbeam, which itself doesn't even KO until 100%. Even then, it looks like getting to that 100% will be rather tough with almost all of his moves doing next to no damage and simply disrupting the foe. In addition, Solarbeam takes one whole minute to charge! Smash is a game where a charge time of 3 seconds is considered rather long, so expecting a player to wait more than a minute (more than because you won't be charging every second) for their only possible kill option to become available, and then make them wait again if they miss or the enemy survives, makes for a rather boring, frustrating match. On a positive note, the side-B crystal had some nice interactions, my favorite being the additional grab box. You also had some nice ideas for disruption type attacks, with the way enemies are effected by mud being rather cool. Overall there were some interesting concepts, but they were overdone and underpowered to the point that the character doesn't look like it would be very fun to play by myself, but it makes a pretty good doubles partner.

>there aren't any move that have a decent chance of KOing the opponent besides Solarbeam, which itself doesn't even KO until 100%.

Well I originally meant it to be that way, but I guess in trying to make him not OP I made him UP :(

>Smash is a game where a charge time of 3 seconds is considered rather long, so expecting a player to wait more than a minute (more than because you won't be charging every second) for their only possible kill option to become available, and then make them wait again if they miss or the enemy survives, makes for a rather boring, frustrating match.

You're right. Maybe I should reduce the charge period?

>On a positive note, the side-B crystal had some nice interactions, my favorite being the additional grab box. You also had some nice ideas for disruption type attacks, with the way enemies are effected by mud being rather cool.

:awesome:

>Overall there were some interesting concepts, but they were overdone and underpowered to the point that the character doesn't look like it would be very fun to play by myself, but it makes a pretty good doubles partner.

Oh well, I guess I can't win them all, eh? Thanks for the comment, LegendofLink, and I'll heed your complaints.

@Khold:

half-percents are recorded in Smash, you just dont see them:

Take two moves that do 7% damage on the opponent's "gauge", but they hit, and it does 15%...

how can this be?

Well, each move actually did 7.5%, a better example would be Lucario's Pummel
Oh, okay, I guess so. I still don't know what the **** "techchasing" is.

HEATRAN

I understand that this guy’s signature move is Solarbeam due to the Pokedex, but is there any reason in particular the grab is essentially Psychic. . .? Moving on, you very clearly establish that whiffing Solarbeam is unacceptable, and thus all of the move dedicated to making sure you don’t are some of the main flow for the moveset – getting mud in the foe’s eyes to prevent dodges is particularly cool, as well as reflecting the Solarbeam off of a gem. Many of these moves such as the pitfalling ones double as ways to stall for time to charge the Solarbeam, though with that ridiculous 60 second charge time I think Heatran should’ve been given more moves to buy himself the time he needs to charge. I also feel Heatran has far too many –hard- move interactions, moves that are completely useless when they’re not interacting with something. The most blatant examples of this are the Side B (Totally useless), the Down B (Which only counters a very few specific characters, and has limited use even with the interaction), and Sandstorm, which rips off Sandslash blatantly while only having one actual unimportant trap to hide in Stealth Rock. It’s been a long time since you made that glorious Sandslash set, and while this set is nowhere near its level it’s certainly not a wasted effort, as there are some very solid ideas in there as solid as the solid rock that makes up Heatran.
>is there any reason in particular the grab is essentially Psychic. . .?

I wanted him to display some sort of use for the solar energy besides Solarbeam and Explosion, so I just ran with that concept. I liked it cause it worked with the crystal grab game I came up with.

>I think Heatran should’ve been given more moves to buy himself the time he needs to charge

By this do you mean different types of moves or more moves taken up with that goal in mind? I think I kinda put too much to be honest.

> Side B (Totally useless)

It's a projectile (HIPPO)

>Down B (Which only counters a very few specific characters, and has limited use even with the interaction)

Okay, you have a point there.

>Sandstorm, which rips off Sandslash blatantly while only having one actual unimportant trap to hide in Stealth Rock.

FSpec, DTilt, DSmash, NAir, DThrow. It also increases FTilt's power. But yeah, you're right, it is move interaction-ish.

>It’s been a long time since you made that glorious Sandslash set, and while this set is nowhere near its level it’s certainly not a wasted effort, as there are some very solid ideas in there as solid as the solid rock that makes up Heatran.

Well, I'm glad you at least don't hate it :D Thanks for the comment.

Good news everyone: I edited Gigaiath! Well, only his Neutral Special, but I did add something that could help him. Look above the specials....

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
The Great Escape

Well. . .this is quite the weird stage you've got here. It's got some humor for sure but I do question how exactly it's Christmas themed. It seems like the main point of the commercial was a man escaping the Christmas rush. . .so why does Ronald McDeath chase you and attempt to murder you? It certainly is an intense, high action stage from the sounds of it...but it doesn't really fit the theme, ya know?

Also, does the McDonalds you order heal you like normal food? Or does it have a unique effect? Would be pretty clever if say. . .you ate too much McDonalds and it healed you considerably. . .but made you slower for the Ronald chase ahead. Either way, the stage gave me a laugh.

Halloween Town

I loooooooooooooooove The Nightmare Before Christmas. As for the stage itself, you've captured the feel of the movie pretty well. You've got Jack flying around as Sandy Claws, Oogie up to no good with his various hazards and Dr. Finkelstein with his crazy experiments and such. I even like that you included various holiday based events that occur when you play the game on a certain day, reminds me of my previous obsession with Animal Crossing...

Overall, it's a pretty basic stage layout wise...there's not a whole lot of thrills going on there...but the hazards really give the stage its own personality. -THIS- would've been the MYmini to benefit the most from a list of songs as the music in TNBC is so excellent. I'm also slightly surprised that Lock, Shock and Barrel don't show up (with or without their walking tub) to cause some mischief; seems like something you'd expect from them. Either way, good job here =P

Crewx

Smash Rookie

Kiryu MG III

The beast that wasn't ment to be, humans brought Kiryu to life using the remains of a slain Godzilla monster, but adding many ranged weapons to his arsenal. On his first human mission, upon laying eyes on the current Godzillla, something triggered in his systems. Built using DNA Computers integrated into the Godzilla used to make him, something snapped. He went unresponsive, and Kiryu became the one thing that he was always ment to be. A monster.

Size: Slightly shorter than Ganondorf, with about the same size.
Weight: Hes big, but hes no heavyweight. Hes a middle weight.
Walk: He walks steadily, treading at a speed about the same as Shiek.
Dash: He's no slowpoke. Using his boosters to hover above the ground, he aligns his body sideways, dashing a bit faster than Charizard.
First Jump: Kiryu is all about his legs. His mechanical legs are one of his best weapons, and they allow him to jump pretty high, not as much as Falco(Who has the highest jump I believe) but still pretty high, one Shiek height less than Falco.
Second Jump: One, Kiryu has two double jumps, using his boosters to propel upward with a height similar to ROB's double jump on both of his jump.
Priority: About average.
Traction: Also average, its not easy to slip when hovering, but his form can get the best of him and make him slip.
Aerial Movement: Good, he was built to be powerful in the air, and deadly on the ground.

Special Attributes

Spirit of a Kaiju-

Kiryu has been through much in his life. He was killed once as Godzilla, only to be reborn as a weapon. He has a will like no other, and nothing can stop him from what he wants to do. The more damage he takes, the less he will falter. The higher his damage meter, the less knock back he takes from attacks, going from a middle weight at the start of a fight to a heavyweight., and the slower his shield deteriorate. He'll never be immune to knock back, just grow a resistance to it.

Special Attacks

Neutral Special: Twin Maser Cannon

First of Kiryu's wide arsenal of weaponry, it is a cannon built into his mouth that fires an electrical stream of energy. This attack has infinite range, and he can move while using it. However, people hit by it take no knock back, no flinch. It deals 2% damage per second. This is a great move to use from afar, and if they try to jump to avoid it, just jump with them. Kiryu has full walking movement while using this move, and it persists when he hits the ground from a jump. Whilst airborne, however, it will have a downward angle similar to Ness's PK Fire move, making it useful if your above your enemy. This can stack up good amounts of damage before you kill your target.

Side Special: Diamond Tipped Drill

Kiryu sports two weapons in his arm-mounted laser units. In the left hand, a dagger extends that he can use to slash and stab, and he can charge it with electricity to shock his enemies. His left hand, however, sports a drill, tipped with diamond, that can tear his targets to shreds. In this move, in about the same amount of time it takes Charizard to use Rock Smash, Kiryu stabs his drill forward, and it spins. This deals damage to everyone caught in it, striking multiple times as the drill spins. If the whole thing hits, it means 20% damage splint between 10 actual hits. The attack then makes his target fly away from him at an angle of 70%. Not good for KOs, but it can devastate groups, as it can strike multiple enemies.

Upward Special: Evasive Maneuvers

Kiryu does a back flip in the air, about the height of Meta Knight's Shuttle Loop, and the falls half the distance. Through this whole animation, he has invincibility frames until he's reached the end of the fall. Then, his boosters erupt, and he flies forward while glowing a bright silver color. This attack can easily be mistaken for invincibility frames, but it isn't. He flys forward until he hits something, likely the ground, and glides forward at the speed similar to Pit's gliding ability. Although, from a normal jump, he cannot glide. Only from this move does he achieve it. Only for the first second does he deal damage with the attack, and the silver glow lasts for that time. After that, he is vulnerable, not even with a glide attack, until he hits the ground. You can direct his movement to quicken this decent.

Downward Special: Missile Launchers

Kiryu's shoulders sport two purple (color of death) Missile Launchers. These not only fire missiles, but they are used for his maneuverability, as the sport their own boosters to carry more weight. When you use this move, Kiryu begins to charge up. It takes the same about of time as Squirtle's or Mario's water shooting abilities, and during which you hear four beeps. After the fourth beep, its fully charged, and his missile launchers will slightly flash as long as its charged. Dodging or shielding will also store the charge. Now, for every beep, one missile is armed. When you press down special again, he will take a second to rear back. Next, depending on when you tilt the control stick, he will either fire fast moving missiles that fly straight ahead of him, or tilt it upward, and he'll fire homing missiles from the top of them. The upward missiles home in on targets, and pack more of a punch. The forward missiles are the default, and fly faster and are better at piercing shields.

Smash Attacks

Side Smash: Laser Burst

Kiryu's wrist lasers are a powerful weapon, as this attack shows. Kiryu spins his arms clockwise, and after one revolution, fires bursts of energy from his lasers, a total of five bursts. The actual strike begins with his arms facing the ground, but he angles them in front of him by the second burst. This attack can deal up to 20% uncharged if all of the bursts hit their mark, and it has excellent range - up to two character lengths away from Kiryu's position! However, the charge up time when he spins his arms takes a little less than a second to complete, so hes vulnerable for that time. The five bursts are shot over a 2 second period. Fully charged, this attack, if every burst hits, deals up to 40% damage!

Upward Smash: Detachment

Kiryu's missile launcher has another special capability - it can remove itself from Kiryu's body. In this attack, Kiryu instantly detaches it, and it flie upward with enough range to clear one of the lower platforms in Battlefield and doing 13% damage uncharged. However, the low damage is made up by its great range. Fully charged, this attack can clear even the higher platform on Battlefield and do 17% damage! There's a hidden attack here too. If anyone is between Kiryu and hit missile launcher during this attack, when the missile launcher comes back down to reattach to Kiryu, they'll take the same damage and fly outward!

Down Smash: Burning Sweep

Kiryu's wrist lasers come in handy once more in this fire-damage attack. Kiryu floats a little bit above where hes standing, crosses his arms, and fires his wrist lasers on each side of him, each arm shooting toward the opposite side. During the attack, Kiryu's arms will reposition to their original positions while firing on their own sides. They fire throughout the whole animation. During the first part, the lasers hit a little bit away from Kiryu, and as it completes, the lasers are closer to Kiryu than when they started . These lasers deal fire damage to targets, about 16% uncharged. Fire damage means a very brief stun time! Fully charged, this attack will do 22% damage. Also, when Kiryu touches down at the very end, people that could be below him take knock back and damage equal to 10% and 15% uncharged and charged.

Basic Attacks

Jab: Slash

Kiryu's right wrist laser houses more than a gun. It also houses a concealed, retractable dagger that he can extend at will. In this attack, he uses it to let out a quick slash, dealing 6% damage with little knock back. With the animation, Kiryu slashes it across his body to prepare for the next attack.

Second Jab: Electric Slash

Kiryu brings the dagger across his body once more in a strong slash. Has a little bit of lag after the first slash, but the second slash deals 10% damage with minimal knock back, but the electric damage gives a brief stun.

Side Tilt: Pumping the Hydraulics

Kiryu swings his right leg forward in a powerful kick. Has a longer range then one would expect, reaching up to a Bowser length away. Deals 10% damage and knocks the target away from Kiryu. Works best as a "get away from me!" attack to get them out far enough for you to lay down the smack at range.

Upward Tilt: Spinning Mecha

Kiryu's boosters lift him upward, to where his head would stick through a lower Battlefield platform, and he spins in the air with his legs extended outward. Its Hell for taller targets who can't duck under the kicks. Knocks an enemy away for 10% damage. Anyone who can duck under the kicks gets blown away by the exhaust let out by the boosters, making them slide along the ground 4 character lengths away, but they won't fly off the edge if there is one.

Downward Tilt: Kaiju Slide

Kiryu pumps his boosters again, and slides forward along the ground with his right foot forward, sweeping under anyone in his way. This attack stretches across 3 Bowser lengths, but only deals 6% damage. It knocks enemies above Kiryu, making it a good way to get them in place for one of Kiryu's long range upward attacks or for his excellent air game.

Prone Attack: Exhaust Sweep

Kiryu fires up the engines and spins. This deals no damage at all, but it pushes enemies 3 character lengths away.

Recovery Attack: Once a Kaiju...

Kiryu turns on his boosters and rams forward onto the ledge while glowing silver. Deals 7% damage and knocks enemies far away, able to cover half the lengths of Final Destination.

Recovery Attack(100%+): ...always a Kaiju!

Kiryu climbs up onto the stage, and while one foot is hanging off, he flips, and sends the foot crashing down on enemies there, dealing 10% damage and knocking targets away.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial: Mecha Kick

Kiryu lets out a single kick that hits targets in front of him. Deals 10% damage and knocks enemies away from Kiryu at a 50 degree angle. Has a little bit of lag upon hitting the ground.

Forward Aerial: Ramming Speed

Kiryu lets out a quick tackle that travels one character length, glowing silver while doing so. Deals 12% damage, and has great knock back. KOs at around 70% when used correctly.

Downward Aerial: Stand Your Ground!

Kiryu extends his dagger, and goes flying downward at great speed, slashing through anyone below him for 14% electric damage and knocking them away. Has more then average lag upon landing as he pulls his dagger out of the stage.

Upward Aerial: Double Drill

Kiryu thrusts his drill upward and spins it, and he spins along with it, doubling it's speed! This is a multiple hit attack, and if all strikes connect, it racks up to 17% damage and knocks enemies upwards. great from breaking the ceiling!

Backward Aerial: Flaming Exhaust

Kiryu starts up the afterburners, sending himself a character lengths in front, and dealing 12% fire damage to anyone behind him, knocking them back. Has a range of two character lengths.

Grabs

Grab: Plasma Dagger

Kiryu stabs his dagger into his target. While they're on it, they take 2% damage each second Kiryu's holding them as the electricity pumps into their body!

Pummel: Overcharge

Kiryu pumps extra juice into the dagger, shocking the enemy for an extra 2%.

Forward Throw: Drag and Spike

Kiryu slides along the ground while dragging his victim, dealing 2% damage for every character length he travels, up to 4 character lengths. If he reaches a ledge, he'll toss them downward off of the edge! They won't fly far if their at a low percentage, but at 80% and above, ifs an almost OHKO each time.

Backward Throw: Rending Toss

Kiryu takes a step back, and throws his enemy off the dagger, dealing 9% as they fly off. They fly away at a 50 degree angle away from Kiryu.

Upward Throw: Booster Kick

Kiryu flies upward with his enemy, and lets them go in midair before delivering a spinning kick to the gut. Deals 12% damage to enemies and knocks them horizontally away.

Downward Throw: Rage of Godzilla

Kiryu roars and pins his enemy to the ground, then stabs them with his drill and spins. He jumps as his enemy spins with the drill below him, and they take 15% damage over this three second long attack. After the three seconds, he throws his enemy off the drill upward as he lands, dealing an extra 3% and throwing them away at a 70 degree angle.

Final Smash

Absolute Zero Cannon

Absolute Zero is the lowest temperature in the universe, able to even freeze time in it's tracks. Kiryu harnesses this power withing a cannon in his chest. After obtaining the smash ball, Kiryu's already yellow eyes glow a bright red rather than yellow like normal characters. This punishing attack is directed in front of him, and hits all in front of him. Kiryu takes one second to open his chest, then the bright blue beam flies off at mach speeds. Enemies caught take 30% damage on the spot, and they freeze in place, time frozen around them by the cold. Kiryu then, if on the ground, smashes the ground with his tail (anyone close for that takes 10% damage and flies in front of Kiryu). If in the air, he'll roar at the ice blocks. After either, the enemies shatter from their icy tombs, and go flying away for 20% damage! Also, anyone near the targets when they shatter also fly off for 20% damage by the ice shards.

Taunts

Side Taunt

Kiryu stomps on the ground, and roars a creepy mechanical roar, eerily similar to Godzilla's roar.

Upward Taunt

Kiryu growls and holds his wrist laser upward, and clicks it like a gun.

Downward Taunt

Kiryu extends both his dagger and his drill, and spins his drill against the dagger, making sparks fly.

Victory Poses

1: Kiryu looks at the camera before looking up and flying off into the sky.

2: Kiryu looks at his left hand, then his right, then a streak of red goes across his snout from his right eye, and he roars in defiance of what hes become.

3: Kiryu is staring at the camera, then looks away, off into the sun.

Snake Codec

Snake: Ottacon! Its Godzilla!
Ottacon: Not exactly Snake. That's Mechagodzilla, one of three, this one is called Kiryu.
Snake: Kiryu? Hmm.. That artillery he carries on his shoulders is just like any artillery anywhere.
Ottacon: Thats because he was built by humankind, but they used the remains of the Godzilla that died in 1954 as the base for it.
Snake: So its made from a dead Godzilla?
Ottacon: Yes, and it and Godzilla fought long ago. They were an even match for each other. Kiryu's long range weapons could hurt Godzilla, but not kill him.
Snake: Long range, eh? Thanks for the tip.

Playstyle:

Kiryu is about keeping the enemy at range and demolishing them with his arsenal of ranged attacks. Or, if you knock em into the air, kill em with the aerial attacks Kiryu possesses. Using Spirit of a Kaiju to your advantage can make the most difference, but don't rely on it, enemies can still kill you if your not careful. Kiryu's attacks have great range for a reason. Using them along with Spirit of a Kaiju and a few other high damage moves are what will earn you the win. If enemies get close, don't try to run from them to use attacks. Knock em away from a strong attack or a throw, then unleash Hell from a distance. Stand your ground, for the Spirit of Godzilla lingers within your wires and bones.

Skins:

Normal/Blue:

Red: SOS Kiryu

Black: BlacKiryu

Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xIwlCUmjS0

Kiryu's Roar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlEhKGqwMUs

Other Pictures:

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Poison Frog
So, a joint between Joe and DM(jesus, ill never catch up, now)?
Its quite good. I can see that a lot of effort was put into this set. While its not really in my taste(not a huge comboer fan,here) I've got to say its just...well, its one of the best Pokesets so far. Great Job, guys!

Giga...however its spelled
This is another good one. I'm a bit behind on the comments though, so I'll just give a rehash of everyone elses:
Interesting concept
Unforgivable charge time
Cool final smash
Good workl, FrostyGaze!

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
Halloween Town

I loooooooooooooooove The Nightmare Before Christmas. As for the stage itself, you've captured the feel of the movie pretty well. You've got Jack flying around as Sandy Claws, Oogie up to no good with his various hazards and Dr. Finkelstein with his crazy experiments and such. I even like that you included various holiday based events that occur when you play the game on a certain day, reminds me of my previous obsession with Animal Crossing...

Overall, it's a pretty basic stage layout wise...there's not a whole lot of thrills going on there...but the hazards really give the stage its own personality. -THIS- would've been the MYmini to benefit the most from a list of songs as the music in TNBC is so excellent. I'm also slightly surprised that Lock, Shock and Barrel don't show up (with or without their walking tub) to cause some mischief; seems like something you'd expect from them. Either way, good job here =P
Thanks so much MT. I tried getting as much of the movie going on in the stage as possible so that it would capture the movie as best as possible. I was going to put in Lock, shock, and barrel but i didn't have enough time to put them in. Also I coulda sworn i put in the music. Oh well. MYMini is a great concept and I can't wait til the next one.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Oh, okay, I guess so. I still don't know what the **** "techchasing" is.
Techchasing is essentially a "combo" without actually linking the hits, as in it's both a gamble and gaurenteed.

The best example of what a tech-chase is this:

Snake uses Dthrow.

From here, Snake can either Jab, Dash Attack, Follow and Regrab, etc., however, none of these (well except jab vs some characters) are actually gaurenteed because the opponent also has options:

If they roll, Snake probably cant Jab or regrab well, if they stand, dash attack cant be used, if the get-up attack is used, his jab may be beat out or his sheidl could be pushed a bit out of grab reach.

Based on these options, Snake has to read the opposing player's actions, and predict waht they would do, thus creating a "technical chase". No options are gaurenteed due to having to predict what'll happen, but with good reads it essentially becomes the same as a combo, but with more "action" between the hits.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Kaptain K. Rool

Kaptain K. Rool is King K. Rool's pirate brother, who appears in Donkey Kong Country 2.

*laughs*

. . . . .

*shoots Sakurai*

Let's try this again, shall we? After being humiliated by a mildly-******** gorilla and his little buddy, K. Rool fled back to his homeland and developed dual personality disorder. Some time later, he returned in a pirate captain costume and kidnapped that useless landlubber Donkey Kong, demanding the Kongs to give him their bananas in exchange for DK's return. If one is afraid they've got something to lose, they'll do what you tell them to do, yes?

Unfortunately, this principle of fear didn't apply to the Kongs, who ventured to Crocodile Isle and eventually rescued their impressively overrated ruler. However, Kaptain K. Rool didn't go out without a bang...he put up quite a fight not once, but twice in the game, utilizing his personal blunderbuss to pulverize the Kongs over and over before finally succumbing. As with pretty much everything in DKC2, including music, Kaptain is often regarded as the fan favorite K. Rool costume in the trilogy.

~ ~ ~ Statistics ~ ~ ~

Size: 10
Weight: 10
Fall Speed: 9
Aerial Movement: 4
Traction: 3
Jumps: 2
Movement: 2

I want anyone who's surprised about these statistics to raise their hand. No one? Precisely what I envisioned. K. Rool sacrificed his royal agility when he adopted his Kaptain persona; he's much slower in both attack and movement speed than he was as a King. What, did you expect him to have "comboing prowess" and "an amazing follow-up game"? Come on...I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born last night. On the contrary, K. Rool has absolutely no means of approaching opponents due to his sluggishness, but this doesn't faze him in the slightest. All he has to do is get his opponents to come to him...whether they want to or not.

~ ~ ~ Specials ~ ~ ~

Neutral Special - Blunderbuss Shot
If you didn't see this coming a mile away, you live under a rock, deep in a cave in Africa. K. Rool launches a Soccer Ball-sized sphere of awesomeness off the blast zone at Captain Falcon's dash speed. K. Rool has .4 second startup and end lag when firing; during the startup, K. Rool can angle his big black balls in any direction. By holding the input, K. Rool can fire consecutive shots, spaced fairly close together. Opponents will have to time spot dodges to avoid a barrage of kannonballs, as they put quite a dent in shields. Individual kannonballs deal a decent 9% and moderate set vertical knockback upon contact.

Side Special - Icy Cloud
Oh, but you knew K. Rool isn't limited to kannonballs, of course. Here, K. Rool launches a blue cloud, with size identical to that of a kannonball, but a slightly faster movement speed. If K. Rool shoots a cloud after a cannonball in a barrage of projectiles, opponents will have trouble dodging them both. Firing off a cloud takes as long as launching a kannonball; K. Rool can angle these blue beauties as well.

Characters hit by the cloud take 5% and turn a blue tint, as they're frozen in place for a second (or longer, if they fail to button-mash their way to mobility). They take full damage from attacks, but no knockback, as they're stuck in place. You probably didn't need me to tell you all that...However, it may interest you to know that if a cloud hits a character's shield, they are frozen in the shielding position...with their shield still out and slowly deteriorating. Add a couple of shield-breaking kannonballs into the equation, and K. Rool's got a mighty prone target to suck right up to him. Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself...

Down Special - Suction
K. Rool fires up his blunderbuss, creating a suction effect in a thin straight line, extending off the nearest blast zone. He can hold the suction however long he wishes. The suction pulls opponents toward the gun at a speed slightly slower than Dedede's Inhale. Foes running against the suction are barely slowed down at all (although they are pulled in while spot dodging or shielding). K. Rool can angle his suction in any direction while holding it out; if a character is on a platform above him, K. Rool has the ability to suck them off.

Although this is one of K. Rool's fastest moves, with minimal lag on either end, it isn't an attack at all. The suction doesn't pull foes into the gun or anything really tacky like that. Foes are just pulled right up to K. Rool himself. Since K. Rool can't approach for the life of him, he can right back on his arse and pull foes into his range before attacking...too bad his attacks aren't actually competent at melee combat. It -might- be a good idea to break their shield so you can actually get something done when you pull them to you. Merely pulling in opponents who are spot-dodging cannonballs or shielding will only land K. Rool in deep swamp water.

Up Special - Rocket Gun
K. Rool points his blunderbuss down after .45 second and fires a thick stream of flame, propelling him upward at Mario's dash speed. He has up to three seconds of controllable flight time before he starts to fall. K. Rool can either let it out all at once, or hold it in and release it in short spurts. While in flight, K. Rool can cancel the move into his aerials, before starting the rocket again and using its remaining fuel; considering many of his aerials are traps, he may well need this move to get up there and set up, as his jumps are laughable at best. He may also use the rocket to flee to a new part of the stage if necessary. Touching the gun's flame deals 8-9% and spikes foes lightly.

~ ~ ~ Grab-Game ~ ~ ~

Grab - Bullet
K. Rool fires out a Deku Nut-sized metal pellet with .35 second startup lag. His bullet travels across the stage at the speed of Fox's lasers, dealing 3% and variable stun to characters it hits. At 0%, characters take .25 second of stun, while at 100%, they lag for a full second. The lag, no matter how long or short, leaves them open to a projectile barrage to some degree. The bullet damages shields rather nicely, but not as well as the heftier kannonballs. That said, opponents do not want to shield these pellets; rolling or spot-dodging is preferable, although if K. Rool sends out some black balls or clouds while they do so, you may be in trouble.

~ ~ ~ Standards ~ ~ ~

Jab - Particle Blast
K. Rool fires a Wario-sized cloud of particles two Bowsers forward at Captain Falcon's dash speed, after .4 second (angle during this time). It deals 17 stunning hits of 1% to characters it hits, the last of which puts characters in their dizzy state. Due to the cloud's pathetic movement speed, characters cannot spot dodge it; if they try, they'll just get caught up in the later hits of the move. You know what that means, right? For the mechanically-challenged among you, opponents must shield, before spot-dodging to clear the cloud.

They could try shielding the entirety of the cloud, but the multiple hits of the move eat away at shields nicely, making K. Rool's job in shattering the shield even easier. He can still pull this off on a character who shields and dodges, but it'll take longer to do so. If you have this move launched at you, you'll want to make it a priority to dodge; it's damaging, and the last hit allows K. Rool to pull in victims easily.

Dash Attack - Emergency Jet
K. Rool points his gun backward and propels himself forward at Mario's dash speed with his flame jet, after .55 second startup. Characters who collide with K. Rool take 10% and knockback that KOs around 150%. He'll be using this move most often to jet to a safe new position from which to continue camping, seeing as how his regular dash will never be sufficient at doing so. K. Rool can jet as long as he wishes, stopping at edges automatically; cancel the move early by dodging or trying to turn around.

Forward Tilt - Sluggish Cloud
K. Rool fires a red cloud with statistics identical to his icy cloud. Opponents who hit this cloud take 3%, and move in slow motion for three seconds, as if they were screwed by a Timer. Along with temporarily removing the option to combo K. Rool with fast moves, the cloud forces characters to hold their shield out longer, by increasing the ending lag of dropping their shield. If they try dodging, say, your jab, they'll avoid the hits alright, but it'll take around a second for their shield to dematerialize. This gives K. Rool plenty of time to spam Neutral Special, or use an icy cloud to lock their shield in place even further.

Down Tilt - Dust Wave
K. Rool uses his gun as a rocket to propel himself up a minute distance for .45 second (gaining brief super armor), before slamming down and sending a flat Squirtle-sized shockwave of dust along the ground. The dust travels half of Battlefield at Diddy's dash speed, slowing down as it reaches maximum range before vanishing. K. Rool can tap A after the initial input to slam down again, with slightly less lag, to send out consecutive waves. Characters who hit the dust take 10% and are knocked back a fair set distance.

This move won't KO until extreme damage levels, but it still serves K. Rool well by spacing characters away from him nicely. As you know, he can't build any damage whatsoever at close range, and must rely on projectiles to get the job done. If an enemy is in your face and lacks the damage to be KOed, K. Rool can pull this on them to knock them back into kannonball range. At a distance, characters can easily spot dodge the waves; however, after a shield has been whittled down so as to not cover a character's lower half, K. Rool can blast them regardless of their defense, due to the low hitbox of the dust.

Up Tilt - Mystery Mist
K. Rool expels a white cloud the size of two Bowsers above him after .35 second. He controls both the cloud's vertical and horizontal movement. After being fired, the cloud travels up at Ganondorf's walk speed. K. Rool can tap left or right on the control stick to stop the cloud's ascent and move it horizontally in that direction at the same speed. K. Rool can move his cloud virtually anywhere on the stage without moving anywhere himself, although he is vulnerable until he stops the cloud.

K. Rool can press A to stop the cloud at any time while it is out; this causes it to become an obscuring obstacle for thirty seconds. K. Rool has various traps he can place in the air to move foes to where he wants them; obscuring them is generally helpful so they are clueless as to how to react. He has no limit to the number of clouds he can place onstage; placing multiple mist clouds next to each other causes them to merge into a single cloud.

~ ~ ~ Smashes ~ ~ ~

Forward Smash - Gun Butt
K. Rool brings the muzzle of his gun back for .75 second, before slamming it forward with stunning force. His ending lag is comparable to Dedede's U-Smash; this is the last move you'll want to throw out on a whim. You'll only really want to use it to KO opponents at close range. Yeah, K. Rool's melee range is nothing to sneeze about. However, his KO potential sure is; this Smash deals 26-29% and knockback that KOs foes around 95-80%. Be sure to shatter a shield before sucking your victim to you and F-Smashing them out of the park. K. Rool can usually shatter a shield in one clean hit with F-Smash, but foes are much more likely to break free before he actually attacks than if he uses a kannonball.

Down Smash - TNT Barrel
K. Rool fires a TNT barrel to the ground a character width in front of him, with .5 second startup lag. This creates an explosion hitbox double Bowser's size; this deals 23-27% and knockback that can KO from 105-90%. Although not as powerful as F-Smash, this is a faster choice that retains a great deal of KO power. Along with blasting opponents forward, the force of the explosion pushes K. Rool back half of Battlefield (not damaging him) over .3 second. Characters who hit his sliding body take 10% and knockback that KOs at 150%. K. Rool can blast back an opponent whose shield he's broken, then slide back and place mist clouds in a new location...or space from attackers in an FFA.

Up Smash - Mist Eruption
K. Rool points his gun to the skies, blasting three white clouds upward at the same time, in an arc the length of two Bowsers. These clouds travel upward three Ganondorfs before vanishing, expanding in their arc as they go. K. Rool has minimal startup lag here, but must wait until the clouds vanish before becoming mobile...unless he presses A to stop the clouds in place for thirty seconds. The clouds' size depends on charge time; they vary in size from that of Bowser to that of 2.5 Bowsers. K. Rool can use these clouds in tandem with those from his U-Tilt to create a misty menace in the sky. Characters have no way of telling what he's left up there for them to discover.

~ ~ ~ Aerials ~ ~ ~

Neutral Air - Reverse Gas
K. Rool expels a Bowser-sized cloud of purple gas around him with .45 second startup lag. The cloud hovers around K. Rool for a split second before vanishing. Characters who come into contact with K. Rool are pushed in the reverse direction of their momentum at the instance of contact with a slight footstool effect. Should a character shorthops into the cloud, they'll leap up about 1.5 times their regular jump height, while if they jump regularly, they'll fall back toward the ground. If they are moving in from the left or right, they'll be pushed back in the opposite direction.

K. Rool can force opponents away from him in any direction while fleeing with Up Special. More importantly, if he unleashes his reverse gas into a cloud of mist, the mist absorbs the gas, causing the whole cloud to take on its effect. Characters will now have to stay on the ground, lest they leave themselves vulnerable to K. Rool's projectiles. And this is just the tip of the iceberg in what K. Rool can do to his mist clouds.

Forward Air - Wind Storm
K. Rool fires a stream of wind the size of a crouching Dedede in front of him with .45 second startup lag. The stream stays onstage for fifteen seconds before fizzling out; characters who enter the gust are blown forward at the speed of Dedede's Inhale. K. Rool can situate himself in front of a stream of wind to take advantage of any characters who jump into it. That said, make sure you place the wind inside a mist cloud so characters -actually- jump into it. Two streams of wind can be onstage at a time.

Back Air - Arctic Gas
K. Rool turns around and fires a bit of arctic gas, with .45 startup lag. The mist deals 5% and freezes characters mid-animation, identically to Side Special, but at a very close range. K. Rool won't actually want to use this as a melee attack, though; if he fires the cold stuff into a mist cloud, it mixes into the hazy blur. Characters who jump into an arctic cloud of mist take 3% per half second, and have a 25% chance of freezing each time they enter it. If K. Rool has a large quantity of mist concealing both reverse and arctic gas, any character who shorthops into the gas and is propelled up high takes some nice damage and has a chance of falling back down, vulnerable to projectiles.

Up Air - Flickering Gas
K. Rool shoots a flickering Wario-sized cloud of gas upward with .45 second startup lag, dealing 5% and pushing opponents up a set distance. He can space from opponents in the air whenever he's rocketing around up there. K. Rool can also shoot the flickering gas into a cloud; if the cloud contains reverse or arctic gas at the time of impact, the effect will begin flickering in and out every second. For every additional U-Air K. Rool fires into the mist, this interval will be halved. There is no visual cue to the effect going in and out, which can prove to be a major thorn in opponents' sides. Not even taking D-Air into consideration, that is. . .

Down Air - Gas Blast
K. Rool expels a Wario-sized cloud of gas that hovers beneath him for half a second. Characters who come into contact with this cloud take no damage, but are pushed back with 1.5 times FLUDD's force. The move itself isn't that noteworthy, but that's not to say the move is unimportant as a whole.

Although this cloud doesn't stay onstage, this move has identical lag and the same sound effect as all of K. Rool's other gas-based aerials...if he unleashes this in a misty area, opponents may be fooled into thinking he actually placed a cloud in the mist, and stay on the ground as a precaution. If K. Rool uses an aerial in his mist, they have no way of knowing unless they jump up to find out. Oh, and at close range, when K. Rool is trying to escape with Up Special, he can stop rocketing for a second, push away interfering enemies with D-Air, then continue fleeing. Just be sure not to fall victim to that -awful- landing lag.

~ ~ ~ Final Smash ~ ~ ~

Final Smash - Kerozene

K. Rool fires a signal into the air, before rocketing off the screen top, Up Special style. A split second later, up from the bottom blast line rises Kerozene, a monstrous dragon Kremling 1.5 times Giga Bowser's height, with an armspan the distance of Final Destination. He resides in the background, and wreaks quite a bit of havoc on the fight.

By tapping B, Kerozene breathes a controllable infinite stream of fire down to the ground, dealing many, many hits of 2-3% to characters. The fire racks plenty of damage on victims, and also drags characters down to the stage to keep them out of the air. Tap A for Kleever for pull out a Kleever sword from below the blast line and slice it across the stage instantaneously, dealing 25% and knockback that KOs around 75% to anyone sliced down. Finally, by tapping Down B, Kerozene pounds his massive fists on the stage, dealing 10% and a second of stun to any grounded character, as well as 30% and knockback that KOs around 65% to anyone who comes into contact with his actual fists. After fifteen seconds of madness, a shot is fired offstage by K. Rool, calling the beast away, as his master rockets back down to continue fighting.

~ ~ ~ Playstyle ~ ~ ~

Now, you may be thinking that K. Rool can just function as a normal heavyweight. K. Rool can still bash foes around just fine, but for damage-building, he must use his comboing prowess...

Oh, sorry, just got caught up in nostalgia there a little. Now, onto the real playstyle. K. Rool absolutely cannot fight at melee range. His only non-projectile melee moves that aren't invalidated by lag are his D-Tilt and his aerials, which -can- become too laggy if K. Rool lands mid-move. Regardless, it is essential that K. Rool fight from a range. Fortunately for him, he has all the necessary tools to build damage and KO without even getting off his arse. Typical heavyweight male antagonist...

That said, K. Rool's KO moves are all laggy in the extreme. It is of utmost importance that his opponent is immobile before K. Rool lands the finishing blow. That said, K. Rool is equipped with plenty of stunning, shield-breaking material. By combining these with his damage-building projectiles, K. Rool can easily overwhelm opponents in the blink of an eye...er, maybe a bit longer than that, considering the lag he has on his projectiles. Although K. Rool is potent with his projectiles, they are not unbeatable by opponents. There may come times in which opponents break through your barrage, and you'll be required to rocket to a safe location, as you're fairly limited in spacing options.

This may not always be a bad thing, however; while making an aerial-escape, K. Rool can make the skies a living hell for his enemies. While sitting in place, K. Rool can place a cornucopia of mist clouds into the sky fairly quickly with U-Tilt and U-Smash, preferably all next to each other so they meld into one cloud. As he flees, K. Rool can use his aerials to place a variety of effects on the cloud(s) he's made. While mist is already troublesome enough on its own, all the effects he adds can easily convince opponents to stay grounded and in the range of his projectiles. If K. Rool sets up his N-Air, F-Air and B-Air traps properly, opponents will either fall back toward the ground or K. Rool in a stunned state, or push themselves back up into the air, taking damage from the arctic mist. After setting up traps, he can even use D-Air alone a few times, keeping opponents grounded out of their own fear.

Anyways, let's touch on that projectile game a bit. K. Rool's go-to projectile is obviously his kannonballs. Neutral Special builds damage reliably and fairly quickly, and is a great shield-breaker to boot. The fact they can be aimed aids in landing them immensely, and if K. Rool needs to, he can stun opponents with a 'grab' bullet before firing away. If you scare opponents onto the ground with your aerial traps, they will nearly always spot-dodge to clear kannonballs; in a barrage, the projectiles break shields quickly, and opponents cannot roll to dodge a kannonball without being hit by another. K. Rool can throw an icy cloud into the mix with Side Special; due to the cloud moving at a faster pace than kannonballs, opponents will often be unable to spot-dodge a kannonball and a cloud back-to-back.

Freezing an opponent is your best option with which to build damage. Once an opponent is immobile from Side Special (or B-Air mist they've stupidly jumped into), spam kannonballs to rack up that damage without even knocking your opponent away. Once they break free, you can repeat the process as you see fit. When you're ready for the KO, start aiming for that shield-break. Send out a cloud of particles with your jab; opponents cannot spot-dodge the long-lasting, damaging cloud, and must shield before spot-dodging to clear the whole cloud. This is your cue to send out Side Special and F-Tilt clouds, to both slow the rate they drop their shield and freeze it in place. Once they're stuck shielding, blast away with kannonballs to shatter their defense mechanism.

Now is the time to whip out that Down Special. Suck opponents dizzy from the shield-break up to you, then put to use F-Smash or D-Smash, which finally become viable on stunned characters. Breaking opponents' shields is by far K. Rool's best option to put to use prior to KOing; shield-broken opponents stay stunned quite a bit longer than frozen opponents, and are also actually knocked back by attacks. K. Rool will want to build enough damage prior to executing this tactic, to ensure his opponents don't become mobile while they're in death's jaws. Remember, K. Rool cannot fight at close range. As long as he keeps opponents grounded with fear-mongering tactics, before forcing them to bow to him with projectile ruthlessness, K. Rool can overcome his shortcomings without too much exertion. Once again, typical heavyweight male antagonist...

~ ~ ~ Match-Ups ~ ~ ~

Against Victreebel - 65/35
The difference between character preferences is clear right off the bat in this match-up; K. Rool can only play from a range, while Victreebel wants opponents right up next to him so they can get in his belleh...er, wrong set...belly, as soon as possible. What's problematic for Victreebel is that K. Rool doesn't mind lazing around on a small, secluded portion of the stage for long periods of time. The voracious plant's various stunning traps are less effective against the Kremling Kaptain as a result. Victreebel's best bet is to enlarge himself early on, then devour K. Rool as he comes down from his aerial set-up. However, Victreebel's growth just makes him a bigger target for K. Rool's various projectiles.

Against Toxicroak - 35/65
Toxicroak is best off at forcing opponents to play at melee range, something K. Rool absolutely loathes. Using his great jumping abilities and aerial approaching methods, Toxicroak can get in K. Rool's face before he can lay out his aerial traps, and pepper him with fast attacks, getting a lead with poison damage before K. Rool can do so much as blink. K. Rool can try aiming a projectile upward to knock Toxicroak toward the ground before starting a barrage, or stun him early on with Side Special or grab. However, he has trouble keeping space between himself and Toxicroak, and the poison damage he may take doesn't help matters. K. Rool has trouble placing aerial traps against Toxicroak, and therefore cannot keep him on the ground, where his projectiles work best. To stand a chance at winning, K. Rool must immobilize Toxicroak as soon as possible and not slip up during his damage-building or KOing phases, which is easier said than done.

~ ~ ~ Extras ~ ~ ~

Up Taunt - Polish
K. Rool pulls a rag out of his coat and polishes the muzzle of his blunderbuss.

Side Taunt - Golden Belly
K. Rool opens his coat a little more, exposing his golden belly, before pulling it shut again.

Down Taunt - Dress Up
K. Rool pulls his golden crown from DKC1 out of his pocket, removes his pirate hat, and places the crown on his head. After eying it for a split second, he tosses the crown away carelessly, and returns the pirate hat to its rightful place.

Entrance - Invasion
A pirate anchor drops from the sky, presumably lowered from one of K. Rool's airships. The Kaptain slides down the anchor, holding his blunderbuss in one hand. He shakes the stage upon landing, as the anchor is pulled off the top blast zone.

Victory Pose #1 - Soot Shot
K. Rool tries firing off his blunderbuss in celebration, but it ends up back-firing, just like in his boss fight, covering him in black soot with only his eyes blinking out.

Victory Pose #2 - Weapon Whirl
K. Rool spins his blunderbuss around twice, laughing evilly, before slamming its muzzle into the ground and gazing at the screen.

Victory Pose #3 - Costume Change
K. Rool laughs about his victory for a while, before becoming bored of his pirate attire. He runs offscreen, and his pirate clothes are seen being tossed onscreen as he sheds them for his next disguise. What might it be?

Victory Theme - Duel Death
The unused hero death music is played whenever K. Rool overcomes a lightweight female protagonist, or a less awesome villain.

Loss Pose - Unimpressed
K. Rool leans against his blunderbuss, clapping sarcastically and rolling his good eye from time to time.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
TIKI TONG

Without a doubt a tremendous improvement over your previous K. Rool moveset. While K. Rool is a camper/trapper mix, the traps are in the air rather than on the ground like the vast majority of traps, and K. Rool uses the aerials traps to prevent foes from escaping his camping on the ground. While camping is his main damage building mechanism, I quite like what you did with the Kaptain’s shield breaking methods to finish them off with his heavyweight power, as well as how he directly brings the foe to him with the suction on his gun rather than forcing approaches when he –wants- them up close. I also don’t think you gave the great dsmash nearly enough credit, seeing it’s an awesome move that enables the Kaptain to flee and is so hard to punish. While the aerials may feel a tad redundant, he needs a good variety of effects to put into clouds if he’s to actually take advantage of the mist. While the mist does remind me of Stanley a good deal, K. Rool doesn’t revolve around it, it’s well in-character for him, and it fits nicely into his game. The one thing that really sticks out at me as a blatant, flaw, though, is that grab, which isn’t particularly relevant and just feels like a cop-out, much less when the character not only isn't incapable of grabbing, he’s the stereotype that’s the best at it.

Smady

Smash Master
User Rankings Week #2

Welcome to the User Rankings! Every Monday, I'll be compiling the entire of the last week's activity in the thread and showing off, just who is the most active member? The point of this exercise is to recognise the most dedicated among us – those make your movers who are currently pushing the boundaries, as well as highlighting all movesets made by them.

To get on this list, you need to have made a moveset in this or a previous Make Your Move, as well as having posted in the Make Your Move 9 thread. The cut-off point for tallying is 12AM on Monday; other removals or changes are at my own discretion. The breakdown of points is as follows:

25 points for a Moveset
15 points for a Joint Moveset
5 points for a MYMini
4 points for a Comment
2 points for a MYMini Comment
1 point for a Regular Post
+Regular Posts do not stack
+Joint Movesets are a new point value

Overall User Rankings

This second week of Make Your Move 9 saw no changes in the members of the top three most active, but a switch between places of first and third. Gcubedude had an impressively consistent time of it, losing only a few points - be sure to check out his latest moveset, Sanaki. Getocoolaid remained at a prominent position with number two - check out Harvey Moisewitsch Volodarskii to show some appreciation. Dropping slightly from first to third, darth meanie remains in the top three by a large margin, posting two sets - Nrvnqsr Chaos and Toxicroak as a joint set with JOE!. Remember to check out the stadium to find all of the sets mentioned.

Points: 78, Movesets: Tetris, Harvey Moisewitsch Volodarskii

Points: 61, Movesets: Nattorei, Electivire, Nrvnsqsr Chaos, Toxicroak

TheKingOfAllCosmos

Smash Rookie
Greetings once more common human folk of Smashing Boards Community of People! Once again, We have returned to grace you with Our amazingly well-toned body and deep yet soothing voice. We know you love Us.

But We come for a reason! You see, We have realized that it is quickly approaching Christmas. We're in a holidays daze it seems. For whatever reason, We have decided to provide you with some goodies to make your holiday almost as W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L as Us. Thus, We have selected a batch of new Cousins to join the Brawl alongside Our Prince! These Cousins are even (loosely) holiday themed! What joy! We wanted to express Our joy with a pleasant heart image but it would seem your Smashing Boards does not provide one. We must say that you are ill-prepared for Us. Unacceptable.

Hmm...We assume that if We were to pick holiday themed Cousins, We would have to select you first Sherman. We are surprised that you are actually useful for something. Sherman claims he can melt his entire body if he wanted to...but We are unsure why he would do such a stupid thing. We question if Sherman can eat ice cream...something about it makes it seem wrong...

Nai-Nai

Oh, Nai-Nai. We almost mistook you for a present. Needless to say We are rather disappointed; We expected a new set hat or something equally unimpressive from Our Prince. Our Prince never was very good at giving presents. We however give the B-E-S-T presents. It would appear We have gotten sidetracked. We're sure Nai-Nai doesn't mind however; she's too shy to say anything against Us. And for good reason. We're amazing.

Miki

Hello Miki, trying to be the star on the top of Our tree? We suppose you'll have to do for now; We used Twinkle in the actual moveset. For once We didn't plan ahead; sue Us. We're surprised Miki is trying out for your Smashing game. While she tries to do her best...she usually ends up around sixth place. We're embarassed to be around her when she loses. She likes to make a scene about it...it makes Our head hurt.

Pokkle

Pokkle? Hmm...We are not sure if We should really count you as a Cousin considering you look so strange but...We suppose Christmas does need an elf. We assume you have no problems wrapping Our presents? We have a lot of them. For Us. Pokkle is a prince from another kingdom who seems to have stuck around Our kingdom after making friends with Our Prince and his Cousins. We would say something about friendship now but that would be L-A-M-E.

Kenta

Hello Prince, why have you put yourself here again? You're not very Chri-Oh. Kenta. Have you come to be our reindeer? Oh Kenta with your legs so...four, will you guide Our Katamari more? Hmm...that was a fairly lame rhyme. We apologize for that. Kenta, as you can tell, looks just like Our Prince. We find it unfortunate that he has four legs as he'll probably be asking Us for two pairs of shoes. We wonder if he makes his own pants...

And that's all We're giving you! You should be happy We were that Christmas-y and gave you what We did. You want more? Too bad. You have to wait for another holiday. Perhaps We'll give you some more Cousins on Arbor Day. As far as We know, that's another important holiday to you people on Earth. And We assume this is the first of your "Christmas Extra" miniature contest winners.

You're welcome.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Mecha Godzilla
Oh, yes...this is a vast improvement over Godzilla, and it's not an overpowered God of a character either.
First off, the organization is MUCH better, and easier to read. He's got relevent moves, and most of them cool as well. The Mechanic is pretty cool, if a bit generic, but overall handled pretty good. Your writing style-the no frills yet detailed enough-has grown on me a bit. MUCH better than Godzilla, and easily your best, Crewx.

Honkey Kong
So, BKupa666, a heavy-weight male antagonist? Tsk, tsk. If I wanted to read an overused concept Id-
Whats this? Fresh Ideas?! A non combo-based Heavyweight Male Antagonist?! HOORAH!!!
Ehem...So, this...is awesome. I love it loads better than BJ, which I also loved. He's got a good playstyle, he's got cool moves...Though I sm going to have to side with MW here(God help my soul) in saying that the Grab seems a cop-out and a bit OOC, but I can definitly see why you chose to do it.
Awesome stuff, Kupa. Cant wait until your next
Remake
set!

King of All Cosmos' wonderfully joyous Christmas-time Miniature Items of Assistance
Welcome back to the "Your Move Making" contest on the Smashing Boards, Oh wonderous King! And what a wounderous Christmas time Moveset you've bestowed upon us, oh Your Magistrate! More Cousins of that Pathetic-but-hard-working Price of yours of whom your Moveset described so wonderously for us!
The Miniature Items of Assistance are quite humorous as how undeserving of your grace they are, but they are quite good enough as a Smashing Brothers Item of Assistance. Although I don't fully understand what they do exactly, I am probably much to inferior in intelligence and looks to you to be deserving in full understanding. I apologize for my stupidity and Uglyness, oh Great King! A fine MYM Miniature it is!

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
Kiryu
It's a good moveset, but there are a few problems with it. A few moves are missing damage percentages, and some just seem overpowered. His Fair being quick and kills at 70% is pretty crazy, and his basic jab combo doing a total of 16% also seems to be too much.

Those are mostly minor problems that are easily fixed, so don't think this moveset sucks because of that. I like how in-character this feels, and I really like the Twin Maser Cannon special. I still enjoy your simple writing style. Overall, it was a pretty good set.

K. Rool
This is a really good set. Everything flows together really well, as each move fits a purpose that helps Rool's overall strategy, which is pretty cool itself. Every move either shoots a projectile, sets up a trap, or is a powerful finisher when their shield finally breaks from the barrage of cannonballs and mist. I also like how his suction helps prevent him from having to move, yet even if he does have to move, he can use his Dash attack to force his way through to wherever he's headed.

Even though the grab isn't technically a grab, it's still a nice move, as it fits Rool's playstyle very well. Plus, without an actual grab, it makes him even weaker at close range, which keeps him balanced, but not underpowered. Awesome set.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Gigarath

Oy, Gigarath. Definitely not your best set, as others have mentioned. I somewhat understand where you got the Solarbeam from, but even so, he's such a clearly physical bruiser of a Pokemon that it seems very awkward that Special attacks are his entire focus in this set. I imagined that he was still a physical pokemon, but got his energy from his rocky cores.

You've heard enough complaints over the Solarbeam charge time, so I won't add to them. I am disappointed that he doesn't have any way to reduce that time, and that his entire set is just setting up his kill move, without too terribly other abilities.

It hurts that so much of this is founded in awkward, hard move interactions, such as getting mud in the opponent's eyes to keep them from dodging, or Power Gem, which exists only to be altered through other moves.

It's certainly not your best set, but everyone has their off movesets. The idea of a rock pokemon using solarbeam as a foundational move certainly has merit, and it's too bad that in-game he's just generic physical rock #89.

Kiryu

This is a milestone moveset by any measure. Kiryu definitely has one of the best examples of playstyle for one of your sets yet, and has a lot more character and depth than your previous works.

I like how the moveset has a very nostalgic, old-time monster movie feel. He works decently, with good close ranged moves to fight up close and knock foes away, and excellent ranged combat to hit foes from afar as well.

Spirit of a Kaiju seems a little awkward though. I like the idea of a character who takes less of an effect from knockback, but the effect doesn't seem to really fit, and it's so light on details, I can't tell if he takes more or less knockback at higher weight classes. That's kind of important.

All in all though, it was the most enjoyable read of yours yet, and I expect good stuff from your next moveset.

Kaptain K. Rool

Oh, the nostalgia on this remicks is sweet. I love how you're willing to poke fun at yourself in the moveset, and the writing style is definitely one of your better ones.

The basic concept is certainly unique enough; a projectile shieldbreaker who sucks foes in to finish them off. I quite like the idea, and the Specials set the moveset up for greatness. Unfortunately, I feel it falls a little short after that.

The grab is horrid. Absolutely inexcusable. It's blockable, it has no throws, and it doesn't even make any real sense as to why it's in grab category. The only thing I can imagine is that you wanted it to be used to get hitstun and make regular attacks the 'throws', but that's a lame excuse. It's not like it's hard to imagine K. Rool grabbing someone, so giving him a random projectile in the slot makes absolutely no sense.

It feels like you were overcompensating in your effort to get rid of the combo heavyweight character of your previous Rool set; now you've got no melee or grab game to speak of really, and the moveset feels awkwardly weak to any decent rushdown character or anything that can really get into melee on him.

It also seems silly to make him slow moving, and then give him a dash attack and down smash that provides him excellent movement across the stage that's an attack to boot.

There's legitimately cool stuff down at the core of the moveset though, and outside of the grab, a lot of the other issues could be fixed with tweaks to damage and lag. As Warlord said, the Dash Attack and Down Smash do give him a hack out of some of his weaknesses, and his air game certainly has a lot of mindgame potential. Nice Job Kupa.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
And now for the results of our very first MYmini contest. . .

1. Griswold House by BKupa666 (6 votes)
1. Springfield Tire Fire by n88_2004 (6 votes)
3. Somber Town by MasterWarlord (5 votes)
3. Festive Floats by Junahu(5 votes)

Escape Rapist Santa by SmashDaddy (4 votes)
The Hidden Basement by Darkslash (4 votes)
Mall Santa's Workshop by MarthTrinity (3 votes)
Halloween Town by Kris121 (3 votes)
Christmas Town: Present Factory by TWILTHERO (3 votes)
The Most Horrible Xmas Ever by Marioman19 (2 votes)
Straight No Chaser by Kitsuneko345 (2 votes)
Roving Danger Field by Thrice (1 vote)

Thank you to everyone who participated and to everyone who voted as well! Congrats to the winners! Yay! Also sorry if the results are kind of confusing. I posted them like this since Kupa's and n88's stages would take either 1st or 2nd regardless of who won that tie and either Warlord's or Junahu's would place third (while the other would be off rank). So yeah, sorry if that's confusing X_x

Darkslash

Smash Master
And now for the results of our very first MYmini contest. . .

1. Griswold House by BKupa666 (6 votes)
1. Springfield Tire Fire by n88_2004 (6 votes)
3. Somber Town by MasterWarlord (5 votes)
3. Festive Floats by Junahu(5 votes)

Escape Rapist Santa by SmashDaddy (4 votes)
The Hidden Basement by Darkslash (4 votes)
Mall Santa's Workshop by MarthTrinity (3 votes)
Halloween Town by Kris121 (3 votes)
Christmas Town: Present Factory by TWILTHERO (3 votes)
The Most Horrible Xmas Ever by Marioman19 (2 votes)
Straight No Chaser by Kitsuneko345 (2 votes)
Roving Danger Field by Thrice (1 vote)

Thank you to everyone who participated and to everyone who voted as well! Congrats to the winners! Yay!

Stupid poster is stupid.

Also, I'm actually pleased with the results. I guess this might motivate me more in the future. :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom