• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Tink

Smash Hero
yo get hyyyyped ppl, this is tommorow! singles will be extra special with the all RR tournament, and im sure ppl will enjoy it!

big D, i wont be getting there till like, 1130ish.
if ppl get there and noones there, just set up and im sure shortly afterwards, there will be.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah we'll go ahead and say start organizing at noon

i may or may not bring my computer, to keep things easy, we'll see

somebody bring like 20 sheets of paper though, i dont have any

LSDX

Wah!
Looking forward to friendlies before Singles begins :]

Sveet, MM Mewtwo dittos for imaginary venue again?

Mars-

Smash Champion
Wow I almost didn't know this was happening... Hahaha I'll be here gotta go to CoD to return my books so should be awesome.

Tink

Smash Hero
i should be bringing paper and pens for the RRs....SHOULD BE....but ya, see everyone tom....canttttt wait!

kels, better be ready 1015....i dont have a phone to call you -_-.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'll most likely be here, but I can't make it until early afternoonish because some stuff came up. Hoping to make it in time for friendlies before singles starts though. :)

ORLY

Smash Master
To all the people on the fence about entering: remember it's round robin. So you get to play everyone! It's mad worth it!

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
teams results
1. tink kels
2. bigd rat
3. orly dart
4. scythe arty
5. good doctor alcheato

LSDX

Wah!
T'was a good time. I enjoyed the friendlies I had with everyone and hope to attend the next event. Till next time!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
gj wayne, I thought you were bad now
nice George!
Josh, what the **** are you doing? You're like a guaranteed 3-5th placer. Hurry up and be the guaranteed first.
nice stuff rat. you play falcon or samus?
bigD at 5th--I expect better my man
chris @ 8th, thought you were done sand baggin??

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
there were 26 people

i dont know the full results for sure, we didnt use a computer and i didnt keep the sheets of paper

if you got 5th in your second round pool, you got 9th

Rat

Smash Lord
@toma
yeah I played samus. I did play cf a bit though.

@the tournament
that was fun.

good **** wayne's car.
1st 2nd 3rd. Singles
1st and 2nd Doubles.
I like it.

wish the brothers, deku and andale would have come. Alas.
Lots of new faces! Good **** guys!

Kels88

Smash Lord
nice George!
Josh, what the **** are you doing? You're like a guaranteed 3-5th placer. Hurry up and be the guaranteed first.
lmao as if i'll let that happen:p

And no shoutout to me? I see how it is.

Good **** everyone. this rr tourney was a ton of fun. see you all next time.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
tomacawk- i had a bunch of real close sets and matches, but me beating anybody above me would have been an upset at this point

special shoutout for all the new faces i met at this tournament, i can remember muffins, gem, nude, mcsnapple, afro bandit, leo, hindawg, feags, JPal, and a few others, you guys were all impressive for a first tourney and i hope you guys keep an eye on further events around chicago and otherwise

anybody who wasnt there missed out on the craziest teams set ive ever seen i think

closest the guardians have been to losing a tournament since theyve been a team i think

ORLY

Smash Master
nice George!
Once I lost legitly to Tink, Kels, and Dart I started sandbagging again. Made top 8 very solidly though.

Rat

Smash Lord
also good **** to scythe. 6th is pretty ****ing good for all RR. All of our sets were super close too. DIAGOOOOOO (or is it DIEGOOOOOO! I can never tell with u mexican types.)

@team finals
lol that was so awesome. If only we would have won the last game with double samus. I would never let that one go. Thanks for pointing out the shy guys too. Go shy guy DI.

edit: I really like that I played 20!! tournament matches today. Normally you get somewhere between 5-10. RR is ****.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
dude i seriously was super down when you got grabbed, then like happier than ive ever felt at a tournament when i saw those shy guys

speaking of letting it go, my shield

edit: definitely agree that 20 tournament matches was a sweet deal, and we got that **** done on 6 setups in a normal time span

way to go everybody

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Can someone clarify how this round robin business worked? 26 entrants, two rounds, was there a traditional grand finals set, etc? Seems intriguing.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lmao as if i'll let that happen:p

And no shoutout to me? I see how it is.

Good **** everyone. this rr tourney was a ton of fun. see you all next time.
well, you always win kelly
I'd give you a shoutout if you did anything special
for instance, lose
or beat somebody not from the midwest

Mars-

Smash Champion
I'm really surprised I won any of my matches I mean a few were against lower level players but still I haven't played since last SG. Either way GGs.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Once I lost legitly to Tink, Kels, and Dart I started sandbagging again. Made top 8 very solidly though.
Bull****. You said you started sandbagging after Kels, Tink, Dart, BigD, AND Scythe beat you...
also good **** to scythe. 6th is pretty ****ing good for all RR. All of our sets were super close too. DIAGOOOOOO (or is it DIEGOOOOOO! I can never tell with u mexican types.)

@team finals
lol that was so awesome. If only we would have won the last game with double samus. I would never let that one go. Thanks for pointing out the shy guys too. Go shy guy DI.

edit: I really like that I played 20!! tournament matches today. Normally you get somewhere between 5-10. RR is ****.
It's Diego. He's my life training partner for life now. :colorful:

YOU WERE SO CLOSE TO DOUBLES!!!
Can someone clarify how this round robin business worked? 26 entrants, two rounds, was there a traditional grand finals set, etc? Seems intriguing.
1st round, we had 4 pools, 2 of 6, 2 of 7. Top 4 advance.

Use seeding of 1st round to make 2 snd round pools of 8. Top 4 advance.

Elite 8 in a round robin pool. Seed determines placing. Not sure if any sets went more than 2 out of 3 when they were for $$$ placings.

Big_R

Smash Champion
so this rr business looked cool.

also i saw the first post with stages like peach's castle and stuff on.

i kno it was a while ago but what came of that?

Scythe

Smash Master
soooo...many...matches....

had lots of fun at this.

Rat! YOU WERE SOOO CLOSE

Top Bottom