• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
Hey guys, just as a follow up to the last post about tournament stuff - we've only got 4-5 setups right now, would be great to get the number up to 6. Also, we'll be in desperate need of extension cables and powerboards, so please bring what you can (even if you have to unplug your phone charger for a day I'm sure it won't stop loving you :p).

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
I won't be able to make it tomorrow for singles, BUT Tails I'll come for doubles, I'll be lining up for Muse way before 3 so I just can't make it =/

MTGod

Smash Champion
Sick, love a decent turnout :D Running Dorfball is going to be hilariously frazzled XD

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Thanks for the tournament fellas

I'll do some shoutouts since I was happy with things.

Mic - was good sitting down with the all stars crap. We had an intense set for our Second chance finals. I definitely can say you've improved since I last played you.

Marty - unna. good seeing you dawg.

Andre - good **** in doubs. And was good to get an update on **** to do with the situation on moving in

Alister - Good seeing you, and whatnot. My bad on dragging you down in doubles. :C

Jesse - thanks for hosting the tournament. Thanks for the Toblerone and the little poster thing. Good job on beating Alister and I in doubles and in our singles set. However close it was.

Good day everyone.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I knew I shouldn't of gone marth in that last match of doubles. Well least we almost pushed sam and andre to the last set. Shame I couldn't play singles either. Was really interested to see if I was playing better or being carried as usual :p. Will do shout outs (maybe) later...like in 5 days

Vlade

Social Outcast
Shoutoutz time:

Jesse: Thanks for the tournament, GGs in every event. You've certainly stepped your game up. See you at the 4/48.

Marteh: Nice doubles play, you've taken your game up a notch from what I experienced too. See you at the 4/48.

Techno: Dude you broke my rule for teaming with me and that is "don't ever feel bad" :p Good work though man, we did quite well for a team that's never played together before. I dunno if I like Wario or Metaknight more in teams now lol.

Hypojosh: My jaw is sore

Samuel: GGs again... not much else to say really :p

Andre: Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. <object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5C5twY6f-rU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5C5twY6f-rU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Tails: Awesome seeing you again man, so glad to have you back :D Keep reppin Link hey

Mic: Nice captaining for bringing North to success in Brawl- crews ;) MvC style Brawl was fun too.

Quetzalcoatl: GGs in singles. Just a tip, I've heard that floating less in the Peach vs Falco matchups works out better so maybe try a different playstyle next time we play. MvC style Brawl rocked :)

I'm sorry if I missed anyone out, that's all I can remember right now >_< It was great chatting and catching up with everyone again!

EDIT: Hmm video embeds don't seem to be working

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Jesse: thanks for the tourney/lift man, awesome as awesome can be. also your lucas was insane today dude, rep that ****.

Josh: shut up plox, lol s'all good bro. otherwise good games, my link had awesome match ups against you, shame i sucided a few times ><

Vlade: yeah man good seeing you too, awesome to see your falco again. def have 1v1's sometime, forgot to at the tourney. otherwise you and rick ***** in doubles. ><

Mic: dude, always have fun playing your PK trainer, some awesomely insanely close matches vs Link. otherwise good crowd shouting haha.

Quetz: didnt get to play you much, otherwise your peach is wicked.

Marteh: eff you. <3

Andre: sup my jazzing friend?

Braddles: dude we did awesome in doubles shame you werent there for singles. otherwise our team up we had was tight. spamus and fox.

anyone i missed, sorry. ceebs

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Techno: Dude you broke my rule for teaming with me and that is "don't ever feel bad" :p Good work though man, we did quite well for a team that's never played together before. I dunno if I like Wario or Metaknight more in teams now lol.
I just feel bad for the fact I did bad quite a bit on the first stock in some matches.

I am overall impressed on how I did in doubles with Marth. A lot better than I had expected.

I only really used Snake whenever my Marth failed. But I want Marth to become the main attraction for my representation

MTGod

Smash Champion
Cheers for coming guys - I've decided I'm not going to care much about the lower-than-expected turnout because in reality they missed out on a lot of good fun today. So cheers to everyone who came along to revel in my experimentation. Also, audio got the **** stick, so all that commentary we did was lost. Which is sad, because from what I heard it was actually decent commentary this time too. Ah well.

Compressing (half of) the vids now, Alister's got the other half. So I'll be putting what I got tomorrow on Youtube. Stay tuned!

RESULTS SUCKAS!

DOUBLES:

1: To Eat Extra Meat (Sam + Dr. E)
2: Eat a **** Sam (Marty + Jesse)
3: Viva la Techno (Alister + Rick)
4: MVQ3 (Mic + Josh)
5: A, down, up MAKE IT RAIN (Brad + Niall)
5: Iron Chefs (Andy + Pete)
7: Lovable Indecency (Nic + Josh)

SINGLES

1: Corpsecreate :metaknight:
2: Vlade :falco: :metaknight:
3: MTGod :lucas: :diddy:
4: Quetz :peach:
5: Nasch :diddy: :sonic:
5: Fuzz :metaknight:
7: Hypo Josh
7: Techno
9: Tails
9: Nic
9: Mic128

SC SINGLES:

1: Techno :snake: :marth:
2: Mic128 :pt:
3: Hypo Josh :gw:
3: Tails :link: :fox:
5: Nic (Forfeited)

DORFBALL:

1: MVQ3 (Mic + Josh)
2: Eat a **** Sam (Marty + Jesse)
3: Lovable Indecency (Nic + Josh)
3: A, down, up MAKE IT RAIN (Brad + Niall)
5: To Eat Extra Meat (Sam + Dr. E)
5: Viva la Techno (Alister + Rick)

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
Cheers for the fun yesterday guys =) Brawl Doubles in the morning + Muse at night has cemented that day into my 'best ofs' list. It's a shame I couldn't stay for singles but I had to get my position at the show! No doubt we'll be doing something again over the holidays, lets make a weekend of it at some stage, brawl, anime, magic, prostitution, ilicit drug use, and just plain ole' tomfoolery! Cheers tails for doubles, we should get together and get maybe practice some time haha.. Cheers Jesse for organising, and everyone else for making it wickid rad

MTGod

Smash Champion
I'm not too sure illicit drug use is classed as plain ole' tomfoolery there, but OKAY! Vids are uploading now, so check back on PerthSmash channel for them soonish.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There wasn't any Wiimotes left at the end of the day Techno. :(

In an unrelated topic, I have a new wiimote. :)

Had a blast, those damn matches against Tails and Techno were as close as hell! Clearly I need more water gun spam. ;)

Boo @ commentary being lost. :urg:

Sam: Use Tlink!:toonlink:

Trav: How dare you pop in for 20 seconds and not say hi :mad:

Pete: Shame about you leaving early, Andre was talking about doing a single elim clayfighter tourn :p

Jesse: Great hosting and great prizes! Those Malteasers went down great at the movies last night, and even gone some left over for our next DnD session. Woo!

Marteh: Man, we didn't really do much this tourn. Weird. Good luck with Zelda! :link:

To the people I forgot: This is why I hate shoutouts. Also, mad smiley usage. :cyclops:

MTGod

Smash Champion
Hypo Josh def used Game and Watch and Kirby, but he tends to use random characters on a whim. Treat him as a GW/Kirby main I guess.

MTGod

Smash Champion
It's sad - should've had a larger one, but I guess it's just that time of year :S

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Cheers for the fun yesterday guys =) Brawl Doubles in the morning + Muse at night has cemented that day into my 'best ofs' list. It's a shame I couldn't stay for singles but I had to get my position at the show! No doubt we'll be doing something again over the holidays, lets make a weekend of it at some stage, brawl, anime, magic, prostitution, ilicit drug use, and just plain ole' tomfoolery! Cheers tails for doubles, we should get together and get maybe practice some time haha.. Cheers Jesse for organising, and everyone else for making it wickid rad
definetly man.
hell should ey.

definetly man.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
waah we're perth, we think we're hardcore but we enforced stupid dugeon rules for our HARDCORE zelda run.

well all hostility aside, I'm here to politely inform you that there are some more new rules, no MUSIC OF ANY KIND during the zelda runs or you are instantly DQ'd.

you have been warned

Top Bottom