• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
thats up to sveetheart tom

it was a miracle we got this done with our amount of setups though, we definitely need more next time whether its rr or not

bigr, peach's castle business might be around for the one in january, but tink and i opted out of it when we hijacked for this month

Rat

Smash Lord
yeah george was workin me for a minute there.

I'm pretty sure every set I did was 2-1 or 1-2.Soooo many matches.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
was fun, i didn't stick around long but i had alot of close matches... i think i could have made it out of pools if i had a little more warm ups.. i though singles started at 5 so it was good i got there earlier so i'm glad i made it in time to at least enter.

Tink

Smash Hero
loll....in comparison, it totally wasnt:
results
1. kels-1
2. tink-2
3. rat-2
4. dart-2
5. bigd-1
6. scythe-1
7. microwave-2
8. orly-1

those were the separate pools and who made it through...clearly the results speak for themselves on who had the harder pool.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i disagree. A pool with a smaller number of guaranteed high placers compared to a pool with a larger number of middle placers, the second one is harder to advance from if you are an average player.

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, but its not like we didnt have middle placers too -_-. lets look at the pools if you really wanna heh. they had some not so great ppl as well -_-.

pool 1
kels
orly
scythe
mars
oro
arty
big d
???

pool 2
tink
dart
rat
microwave(which ppl were impressed with his improvement alot, like scythe)
the good doctor
sago
alcheato
afro thunder

compare.....id much rather be in the top pool, as compared with our pool, which is really just a race for 4th seed, with noone really coming close to rat/me/dart -_-....how is that nottt harder.

LSDX

Wah!
thats up to sveetheart tom

it was a miracle we got this done with our amount of setups though, we definitely need more next time whether its rr or not

bigr, peach's castle business might be around for the one in january, but tink and i opted out of it when we hijacked for this month
There's going to be another tourney in January? If so, I may actually bring a set up to it this time (as long as it's on a Saturday again).

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I would've made it out of the other pool. Just saying. I can beat everyone in the other pool fairly easily sans you Tink, Rat, Dart. My pool I had 2 people I would lose to guaranteed, but 2 people that could go either way.

MMed George and tapped that.

It's whatever though, this format is hella better since everyone gets to play more, so I'm not really even mad that I didn't make round 3. Just would've been nice to play top 8.

john!

Smash Hero
yeah i see what tink is saying. i'd rather be in a pool where there's more people that i have a chance of beating, even if the average skill level is a bit higher.

sorry i couldn't come, i still have finals going on -_-

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll.....thats big talk for a man that got 3rd in our first pool of 6 :p.....im not saying you couldnt/could beat the other lesser players in my pool, but things happen in touranments son....u choke, the other players just playing amazing, things just happen.....i could easily see you dropping a set to one of the shieks, and that would auto make u lose.

in myyy pool, u couldnt drop a singleee set to the "might win" guys, cause top 3 was so hard to get to.

i see what your saying about easier to "advance" and not saying that the skill level of your pool was higher, cause it was indeed alot lower, but even to advance, out pool woudlve been hard for you, as a falcon. i HIGHLY doubt chris woudlve made it outta our pool either.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
It all comes down to who is in what pool. From kyle's perspective, i agree that to him the other pool was easier and more possible for him to get out of. For me, i would have preferred his pool.

guaranteed fourth or fight for 3-6?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
lolll.....thats big talk for a man that got 3rd in our first pool of 6 :p.....im not saying you couldnt/could beat the other lesser players in my pool, but things happen in touranments son....u choke, the other players just playing amazing, things just happen.....i could easily see you dropping a set to one of the shieks, and that would auto make u lose.

in myyy pool, u couldnt drop a singleee set to the "might win" guys, cause top 3 was so hard to get to.

i see what your saying about easier to "advance" and not saying that the skill level of your pool was higher, cause it was indeed alot lower, but even to advance, out pool woudlve been hard for you, as a falcon. i HIGHLY doubt chris woudlve made it outta our pool either.
Seeding never really mattered for second round pool. If you get top 4, you end up playing everyone anyways.

Yea I got 3rd seed in 1st round pools, cuz I knew I was gonna get out. I went Link against Arty rofl. When I played him seriously he almost got 4 stocked twice 2nd round pools.

What "Sheiks"? I know there was Jeff... and who else???

I don't just play Falcon like Chris lol. Sheik matchup is terrible, and I have plenty of secondaries if my Falcon can't handle Sheik that day.

I never said my pool's skill level was higher, just that it was personally harder for me to advance.
oro your avatar makes me think you're pissed off lol.
Yea, I should probably change it even though I don't mind giving off that impression.
imo the first round wasn't so great with kelly and dart in the same pool. =/
That was a really dumb pool lol.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
we used teams results and did the pools total random from there, plus the kels/dart pool was originally the one that only had 5 people so it was supposed to be harder than the rest

then more people showed up so it ended up the same size as the rest

sanchaz

Smash Lord
not sure if it was this thread but dart wants to mm me, all i have to say in fox taunt position: "COME ON."

Let him know

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

kels - you just demolished everyone, you have so much potential at this game. i hope you train hard for pound 5 and own

tink - thanks for the compliments, i didnt watch your set with kels :(. step it up. your random tippered upsmash on dart to win the set was one of the coolest things ever, LOL. thanks for TOing. pound 5 *****, i know you got it.

rat - close set ggs. you are a helluva of guy. good **** being the only person to take a game off kels.

dart - stop losing to samus

scythe - close set ggs. marth cp on fd surprised me, good move

orly - close set ggs. wish i had some more of dat falcon tho

drew - your sheik demolished me, shoulda got some friendlies. next time bro. goods hit running this.

good doctor - close sets ggs.

oro - ill get you next time

stacko - good to see you man, lets play over break

thanks to every single person who showed up and entered, its awesome to see chicago thriving even though im never around anymore.

quote of the tournament:

"when i start losing i just turn on my luck/jankiness and win"(or something to that extent) - tink

Rat

Smash Lord
So i'm totally going to start doing smashfests.

here's the link *****es.

Smash @ Rats

if no one comes to the first one is for thursday. If no one wants to come, I don't care and will keep scheduling them until people actually show up.

Top Bottom