• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
What the...

K Prime, what did you do!? D:

...Wait, this is a good thing. It's your fault for grab-breaking too early, so it's a free win for me! =D

:069:

Coney

Smash Master
what hath hell* wrought

*yoshi

seriously though, who is at fault here if this happens in a competitive setting?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
imo it's yoshi's fault.
what is the grabee supposed to do? not try to break out?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
It took K_Prime 3 tries at 0% before he could break out too quickly of Yoshi's grab, and he was expecting the grab.

I doubt this will happen in a tournament anytime soon.

:053:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If I ever get cypher-chaingrabbed by a Yoshi, I am totally doing this.

I want my free win, Yoshi should know better than to not grab if it will cause the game to freeze.

:troll:

:093:

Tmacc

Smash Lord
K Prime, I don't know if you have/plan to, but you should make a thread to compile/update your data and other discoveries for this method. As we learn more and continue to improve it, it'd b nice to have a centralized place to reference.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wait, if this happens in a tourney match, and somebody had to get DQd, would the yoshi get DQd for initiating the grab that caused the game to freeze, or would the opponent get DQd for actually initiating the actual action that froze the game.

my bet is on the latter.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Is it possible to break out of all tethers before you get pulled in??? (cause this will be such a great thing if toon link can't tether grab me :D and the occasional ZSS.. and Link and Samus for low tiers)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
wait, if this happens in a tourney match, and somebody had to get DQd, would the yoshi get DQd for initiating the grab that caused the game to freeze, or would the opponent get DQd for actually initiating the actual action that froze the game.

my bet is on the latter.
It's related to the character Yoshi though. You don't have to be forced to take damage, the fault should be on the Yoshi's side.

Word of advise Yoshi mains: find a new game beyond your grab game.

But honestly, this is highly unlikely to happen.

Yikarur

Smash Master
L M F A O

Greatest find in Brawl ever.

lol I know this for a long time.
It only freezes if Yoshi grabs with the tip of his tongue. You can easilty reproduce it in 1/4 Training Mode. It only happends with Standing Grab and really, only with the tip.
and it's of course the opponents fault :)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
No, it's your fault. You just said it only happens with the tip of Yoshi's tongue. Learn to fix your spacing so that doesn't happen.

Yikarur

Smash Master
why should it be Yoshis fault? it's your fault for mashing that unhumanly. Not Yoshi itself causes the freeze, the player who got grab caused the freeze with HIS INPUTS.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
why should it be Yoshis fault? it's your fault for mashing that unhumanly. Not Yoshi itself causes the freeze, the player who got grab caused the freeze with HIS INPUTS.
It's Yoshi's spacing that makes the inputs freeze the game. I can't tell exactly what part of the tongue my character was grabbed with: it's not my main. It is your main. I can mash as many buttons as I want freely if I get grabbed by (I'm guessing) 95% of Yoshi's tongue. The last 5% though suddenly changes that. I don't control that variable: the Yoshi does.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I feel like one would have to be intentionally attempting to freeze the game to do it this way. The timing/spacing is so specific.

Incidentally, Ness probably just got better. Can he force an air release with this method?

As for the Ice Climbers, buffering the CGs is just challenging enough that doing it consistently probably won't happen consistently. On smashboards, the ICs are still fine, but in the real world they probably just got a little worse.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I feel like one would have to be intentionally attempting to freeze the game to do it this way. The timing/spacing is so specific.

Incidentally, Ness probably just got better.
It doesn't have to be intentional, like Sheik's Chain Jacket glitch thingy.

If the common theme in the game freezing is your character, it's your fault.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
As for the Ice Climbers, buffering the CGs is just challenging enough that doing it consistently probably won't happen consistently. On smashboards, the ICs are still fine, but in the real world they probably just got a little worse.
Do you mind elaborating on what you mean by this?

How's this affect the other random grabreleases? Marth on Wario, MK, Ness?

Edit: I accidentally skipped a page. so I found my answer :D

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If you buffer there is no time to mashout duh... And the only time you mash in chaingrabs is with Dedede's infinites on Samus and so on.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
If yoshi's only freezes on a standing grab mashing to freeze the game obviously wouldn't happen off a chain grab. This might be an issue if you're trying to infinite Wario/squirtle though.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i just wanna say...if you're gonna move ike up, u should move ganon up too.

ganon and ike are like the same ****in character

Nestec

Smash Ace
If I ever get cypher-chaingrabbed by a Yoshi, I am totally doing this.

I want my free win, Yoshi should know better than to grab if it will cause the game to freeze.

:troll:

:093:
Fix'd.

- The Local Grammar Nazi

@ Yoshi fiasco

Yeah, cool find, but like Yaaay! said, probably not gonna happen too often.

And if it does, simple solution: 1-stock rematch, Ganon ditto, Rumble Falls.

:green:

D

Deleted member

It doesn't have to be intentional, like Sheik's Chain Jacket glitch thingy.

If the common theme in the game freezing is your character, it's your fault.
NO
If you initiate a glitch its your fault. Generally, the person initiating the glitch is the character, but in this case, it has nothing to do with yoshi. It just so happens that the opponent can only initiate the glitch on yoshi.
O sorry i forgot spacing well is banworthy
If ike froze the game if an opponent powershielded his nair at the tip, would it be ikes fault?

>.>

Its not yoshis spacing, its your button mashing. The reason its kinda his spacing is because its impossible to mash fast enough if you arent at the tip, because you go into his mouth too fast.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Don't mash at 0 so fast since you still mash without taking damage after you go inside his mouth.

Tesh

Smash Hero
The rule states that you are responsible for knowing YOUR character. Not everyone's. This is Yoshi specific. The burden falls on the Yoshi to prevent this from happening.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
If Ganon had that good of a jab and disjointed hitboxes...

but he doesn't. He keeps his **** in his pants.
this is making me laugh slightly.

Also, if the yoshi glitch occurs, I believe the game should just be reset to same percents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom