• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Only time I've played Falcon recently I landed U-throw U-smash U-tilt Uair on Yoshi's Story.

Only after I recovered did I realize I was a mere Up+B away from hitting the Ultimate Up combo.

I then cried myself to sleep.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Is anyone else sick of watching captain falcon combo videos and seeing nothing but "u-air x2 knee OMGWTFROFLBBQSAUCESORAPEMANLYFALCONFALCONLOLOL"

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Mind Reader. That's an awesome Falcon vid.

>_>

It's also awesome because I have the honor of getting ***** by Darkrain in a combo video.

Smooth Criminal

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I don't think it's any harder to make a Falcon combo video

You just need to do more awesome ****

Sure, maybe it'll take longer

But making a video where every scene is jaw-droppingly badass is better than making one where there's only a few really awesome combos and the rest are mediocre

If you can't get enough clips together you: A. Suck and shouldn't be making a combo video or B. Aren't playing enough

That's just how I see it idk

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's any harder to make a Falcon combo video

You just need to do more awesome ****

Sure, maybe it'll take longer

But making a video where every scene is jaw-droppingly badass is better than making one where there's only a few really awesome combos and the rest are mediocre

If you can't get enough clips together you: A. Suck and shouldn't be making a combo video or B. Aren't playing enough

That's just how I see it idk
maybe, i used to think this way where every clip has to be 5 star clips

but watching old DBR videos even though not all clips were 100% **** they still had an amazing flow to them, both the clips and the music

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
What are the best ways to approach when playing as falcon?

(This is probably character specific, so could you please list some ways to approach the harder matchups for falcon)

Thnx in advance
Pleaze anyone^
your best bet to answer your question would probably just be to watch videos of the top falcons playing. they all have different styles when it comes to approaching but it really does vary based on matchup as well.

some falcons, like myself, dash dance camp the **** out of people and approach very rarely (3 times per 5 hours according to Scar LOL)

other falcons, like scar, are fairly aggressive and keep pressure on their opponents by flying in with knees/nairs to jab/gentleman to avoid getting shield grabbed. scar also runs around his opponents a lot with cross up grabs, etc.

then you have fools like S2J who just space nairs and uairs until one hits, then they get off and miss edgeguards.

or, if you're really good, you can approach shy-guys with dropzone knees. bonus points for killing yourself in the process. lol :)

but seriously, just watch videos of different falcons playing different matches and focus on how they get their hits in and you'll learn.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yeah, I didn't answer it because it is difficult to answer...there is no right way, just many different ways...the right way may be "don't approach" but I mean...I have seen people knee a shield then gentleman, or run away and punish something the opponent does OoS, whether it be a grab, aerial or a roll...there is just so many ways...the best is watch a lot of good falcons, then experiment...find what works for you.

Bacon Isai

Smash Cadet
If you ask a vague question you'll get a vague answer. What exactly your issue? A laser camping Falco, ftilt Sheik, nairfair Marth, etc.

$mike

Smash Ace
What are the best ways to approach when playing as falcon?

(This is probably character specific, so could you please list some ways to approach the harder matchups for falcon)

Thnx in advance
most of falcon's hard matchups don't really involve approaching

the basic would be (spaced) nair (if not spaced, to gentleman). but for the most part you should DD and wait for an opportunity to punish a missed aerial, badly spaced aerial on shield, etc.

i suggest watching mango's falcon as he has an amazing mixup of dding/approaching/punishment all around

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
It's hard if the Fox is better than you are.

If not, focus on grabbing. Learn to dash dance and consistently grab Fox to punish for poorly spaced nairs.

legion598

Smash Ace
approaching is situational. Every time you approach your opponent it should be countering their defensive option whatever that may be. For example if Shiek is abusing Ftilts you will want to use your DD to time a grab in between the tilts. People will use mixups to keep you from approaching but there are ways around every mix up you just have to find solutions on your own

Top Bottom