• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, a guy who never comes here is heart. I'll agree with the heart of FALCON, but def not the Falcon boards. Jona kept this thread alive.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
fox can jump out earlier than 130 by a longshot, but you can land fsmashes and/or knees still. if you do nothing, he can jump before he hits the ground at like 80 i would guess if he doesnt DI away, but he cant jump out before the fsmash or knee hits him so generally him jumping out isnt gonna screw you over

if you count both of my accounts ive racked up a good amount of posts in this thread on that list, adds up to 601

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I knew i was wrong but you guys wouldnt of said anything if i didnt post. LOL

And yeah, you post a lot in this thread BigD. You were DrewBoob right?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Regrab blows donkey testes if they don't tech.

Just fo the Cadillac.

Gots ta throw them knees o stomps to ftilts err now and then or them s2j late uairs fo the sheetz of it.

Just fo the Cadillac.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yes i was the drewb008

i made a new account because they were like "hey guys, new deal, you can change your name for only $4" so i said **** that im doing it for free

i can only get the regrab if they tech to either side, so when i use an aerial to tech chase im really only turning a 50% chance of landing a grab into a 33% chance of landing a knee/stomp and the added demoralization that goes with it

some people can do the tech chasing really well though; getting the regrab on every tech and then waiting after the missed tech to get whatever they do to get up pretty consistently as well. those guys should regrab, but in my experience its only m2k, jiano, and juke that could do it, and 2 of those guys never played falcon in tourneys anyway

i got a stomp knee at 39% on falco in training mode 5 minutes ago, showed up as a 2 hit combo, it was really hard to do

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
dude i swear, i just kept doing 1% lower and 39 took like 20 tries but i got it, 2 hit combo and he didnt land

sometimes it really looked like they landed but it said 2 hit combo anyway

i had done this before http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dukqyhKMBI8#t=01m25s so i knew i could get it pretty low

make sure its a fresh stomp though, i think that makes a difference

chivalruse, i try to jc my grabs, its just hard

i'm gonna see how low i can get stomp fsmash, its lower than 39 for sure though

Scar

#HarveyDent
daaaamn he was at like 40!

yeah i would bet that fresh makes a difference

good **** bigD you **** go to pound 5, the place where we last teamed

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
dude i dunno if i can, i gotta go to chile like the day afterwards so it would be a rough itinerary

i got stomp fsmash at 29 though

hey chivalruse i got a story you'd like, i was playing tom r aka marth 1 in a falcon ditto in tourney and he correctly predicted a missed tech but just missed the knee, and he goes "man, i'm playing like bigd over here"

im only good at **** that most people cant do, im like 50% when it comes to throwing the right direction in tourney though

voorhese

Smash Master
dude i dunno if i can, i gotta go to chile like the day afterwards so it would be a rough itinerary

i got stomp fsmash at 29 though

hey chivalruse i got a story you'd like, i was playing tom r aka marth 1 in a falcon ditto in tourney and he correctly predicted a missed tech but just missed the knee, and he goes "man, i'm playing like bigd over here"

im only good at **** that most people cant do, im like 50% when it comes to throwing the right direction in tourney though
if u go to chile u need to get some matches with dark while ur down there

D

Deleted member

i remember playing roche on kaillera in my 64 days

pwned me i think

---

anybody know how to edgeguard pika? in my set vs axe i literally let him back on every single time

JPOBS

Smash Hero
generally, you wanna edgeguard pika kinda like you do sheik....

that is, grab the ledge, and punish his landing lag on stage. Its a little harder though because 1. pika's landing lag is less than sheiks (obvi) so you have to be faster and 2. pika can go really far into the stage or onto platforms when close enough so this is just a general rule of thumb.

Alternatively, you can try sticking a hitbox of some kind over the edge. Most people dont know this but pika can't sweetspot from below so they have to use the first part of the upB to rise above, then angle down to the edge. If you stick a nice meaty attack over top of the ledge they will run into it a lot lol.

but falcon in particlar is wack cuz his ledgehop aerials aren't really all that swell for stopping pika and i can't really think of anything applicable that works for the second case, maybe uptilt? lolooloo
idk ask gg7/jetfour

lol falcon sucks.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i dunno, falcon's upair properties are weird cuz it starts in front and then cycles to his back so a pika upB would likely just slip right behind/under it and reach the ledge before the ledgehop upair hits them.

unless you go for broke and hop waaay out and try to ganon-spike them with it or something crazy

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
LIVE THREAD LIVE!

sounds good papi

jpobs, i have as many posts as you and you've been registered two years longer than me.

GET ON MY LEVEL.

mers

Smash Ace
It's kinda risky, and so probably not a good idea except in friendlies or something, but I've had success with run-off upairs against Pika's sweetspotting. I've always wanted to try bairs and knees too, but I don't play against Pika very often.

Problem is, if you miss you're almost certainly dead.

voorhese

Smash Master
why not grab the edge and do a ledgehop uair (autocanceled to block the sweetspot, if they go onto the stage then just try to chase em down cuz ur uair autocanceled so u can run again right away)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
LIVE THREAD LIVE!

sounds good papi

jpobs, i have as many posts as you and you've been registered two years longer than me.

GET ON MY LEVEL.
filthy spamming *****

why not grab the edge and do a ledgehop uair (autocanceled to block the sweetspot, if they go onto the stage then just try to chase em down cuz ur uair autocanceled so u can run again right away)
i dont see this working because falcon's upair hitbox loops from front to back so pika would easily sneak under it when i picture it in my head.

voorhese

Smash Master
i think u can ledgehop it from under the edge and if ur pro it still autocancels...but i dont play falcon much so im not sure

maybebair?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
im not talking ledgehop. from the stage, drop down, then do a raising stomp; it covers the sweetspot and you have time to cover non sweet-spots.

you can also subsitute stomp with bair/uair but I like stomp better, esp. vs characters than cant sweet spot from underneath the stage.

Top Bottom