• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wikileaks ****s the USA over big time?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
you know, some of this just almost makes me sick for my country.

i understand america is not perfect grounds, but by god, it really does open eyes.

it even opens eyes further with all of the drastic defenses the US is doing.

good thing i'm only 40 minutes from the canadian border.

@above post
i wouldn't even understand why he would get in such a cause to be honest..

it almost seems as if there will be a documented 'internet war.' in the near future.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hahah, even calling it a war would be sensationalism. 4chan is just going nuts and trolling stuff as usual.

#HBC | ѕoup

offtopic: only boards i care about in 4chan is /co/,/v/,/tv/,/c/, and sometimes /sp/.

i know /b/tards will be scouraging over this, but i dare not even step foot in to the twilight zone.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Lol, calling people who DDoS sites "hackers".

Also, on what grounds can police arrest a kid for something like that? I'm actually curious, because all he did was help send traffic to overload a server.

Visa and Mastercard could use some down time and inconveniences on their end.

D

Deleted member

Lol, calling people who DDoS sites "hackers".

Also, on what grounds can police arrest a kid for something like that? I'm actually curious, because all he did was help send traffic to overload a server.

Visa and Mastercard could use some down time and inconveniences on their end.
in the UK (and I presume here as well since the kid got arrested) things like a DDoS are illegal. I gotta check on what grounds but that's what I read in the papers

D

Deleted member

Ok this is getting ridicilous and someone needs to talk some sense into /b/ / anonymous
After the arrest of the kid they decided it would be a good idea to attack the site of the Dutch DA as well as www.politie.nl (engligh: police.nl)

RATED

Smash Lord
this "stuff" is meh, nowadays the word "terrorist" is almost as common as the word ****. You do something they don't like... Terrorist! people these days.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
What are his fans motives? What are the attacks for and what are they trying to prove?

Is it that you can't censor Wikileaks? Well it's not being censored, so what are all the attacks against Paypal and Amazon for? Or the Dutch police?

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm honestly suprised i didn't see this on the today show, or anything about wikileaks, seriously.

[quote="Pluvia]What are his fans motives? What are the attacks for and what are they trying to prove?[/quote]

either some are anarchists or /b/.

or both.

i think it's either two things:

1. Anarchists are defending him because it is showing the political corruption of the US
2. /b/ /anonymous are reliving the whole "snape kills dumbeldore" incident. they are revolting on society and praising julian assange for showing them that their revolts can now be justified, in a way.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
1. Anarchists are defending him because it is showing the political corruption of the US
2. /b/ /anonymous are reliving the whole "snape kills dumbeldore" incident. they are revolting on society and praising julian assange for showing them that their revolts can now be justified, in a way.
Because nothing represents anarchy more than a group of people all following one guy. And /b/ just seem to be trying to make minor inconveniences to for some reason. Revolting against society isn't a way to get people on your side.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I know it's slightly delayed but...

He has been avoiding the police because I guess being accused of **** is a pretty normal thing, and we should all fight for his right to ignore the justice system entirely because lol why not.
i lol'd

If it turns out he did **** them then yeah Wikileaks will lose a lot of credibility, but that's what happens if you **** people.
i ****ing love you loool

#HBC | ѕoup

Because nothing represents anarchy more than a group of people all following one guy.
*picture of vladimir I. Lenin here.*

Pluvia said:
And /b/ just seem to be trying to make minor inconveniences to for some reason. Revolting against society isn't a way to get people on your side.
/b/ always is talking **** about society, especially
black people

they just are so far degraded they consider this a huge 'troll.'

so i rephrase myself, it's not anarchy, it's anarchy with a side of trolling.
which would be communism.

i sound so russian right now, zieg heil.
that's german btw.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I would be skeptical of a guy claiming to be a speaker of the truth, yet who fails to get one well known fact about Julian Assange wrong within the first 30 seconds of his video. It really puts into doubt how much information in the rest of the video he got right.

He's currently in prison in Sweden? And here I was thinking that London was in Britain.

Grandeza

Smash Master
You know I love freedom of speech and i love stuff leaked like war crimes and sanction of torture and **** like that. But what about the other stuff. What about the revealing of diplomats and private conversations that could put them in danger? I'm torn about this. What if some of these leaks put other lives in danger?

Ballistics

Smash Champion
O wait I thought you were talking about another video, whoops! Check this out though Namaste

http://www.thenation.com/blog/155425/could-wikileaks-have-prevented-911-former-fbi-agent-says-yes

The two ought to know: Coleen Rowley, the Minneapolis FBI agent who tried to sound the alarm a month before 9/11, and Bogdan Dzakovic, a special agent for the FAA’s security division, who was a leader of the agency’s “Red Team” that was warning officials about vulnerabilities in airport security just before 9/11.

“Things might have been different if there had been a quick, confidential way to get information out,” the two write—and WikiLeaks could have provided exactly that, according to their op-ed in the LA Times on Friday.

The information they wanted to get out was about Zacarias Moussaoui, the French Moroccan attending flight school in Minnesota who was interested in learning how to fly a commercial jet, but was not interested in learning how to land one. Rowley was one of those trying to sound the alarm about him. And a foreign intelligence service had reported that Moussaoui had connections with a foreign terrorist group.

Less than a month before 9/11, an FBI supervisor sent a warning to officials in Washington. He pleaded that he was “trying to keep someone from taking a plane and crashing into the World Trade Center.”

It doesn’t get much more specific than that. But FBI officials in Washington refused to act, or make any public statement about Moussaoui.

“WikiLeaks might have provided a pressure valve for those agents who were terribly worried about what might happen and frustrated by their superiors’ seeming indifference,” Rowley and Dzakovic argue. “Their bosses issued continual warnings against ‘talking to the media’ and frowned on whistle-blowing, yet the agents felt a strong need to protect the public.”

The 9/11 Commission concluded that the 9/11 hijackers probably would have postponed their action if information about Moussaoui’s secret arrest had become public. And if WikiLeaks had existed, it could have made the information public.

“Official channels for whistle-blower protections have long proved illusory,” Rowley and Dzakovic write. Worried and frustrated FBI agents could go to the media, “but that can’t be done fully anonymously, and it also puts reporters at risk of being sent to jail for refusing to reveal their sources.”

Therefore, they conclude, “WikiLeaks provides a crucial safety valve”—one that could have prevented 9/11.

Life

Smash Hero
I'm with Grandeza. Sure, it's a very good thing to out our corrupt "public servants", but how many people are put in danger in the process?

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
If he is to be extradited to the US then the chances are he will be executed. This cannot be allowed to happen.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah, seeing we all know his rights as an Australian citizen have been stripped away.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Executed? A guy from my country hacked into Nasa and the FBI (or CIA, one of those) to get proof of evidence for aliens. He's being extradited (though there have been protests against it) but he's just getting jail time.

Whoever thinks he'll be executed is just sensationalising this.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Executed? A guy from my country hacked into Nasa and the FBI (or CIA, one of those) to get proof of evidence for aliens. He's being extradited (though there have been protests against it) but he's just getting jail time.

Whoever thinks he'll be executed is just sensationalising this.
Taking embarrassing information about a country's foreign policy, their mistrust of the UN and war civilian casualties and publishing them is not really the same thing as trying to find proof of aliens.

Think about what Assenge will be trialled with... Treason? Terrorism?

Also, interesting you should think that it's sensationalising:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/01/us-embassy-cables-executed-mike-huckabee

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Taking embarrassing information about a country's foreign policy, their mistrust of the UN and war civilian casualties and publishing them is not really the same thing as trying to find proof of aliens.

Way to entirely miss the "hacking into FBI and Nasa" part. Anyway it turns out he hacked into the computer systems of The Pentagon, US army, navy and NASA.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not actually sure that Assange is being charged with anything in the US at the moment. If McKinnon is only getting 70 years for doing that, then there is absolutely no way Assange would be executed for publishing leaked files. Anyone that says so is just sensationalising this.

Namaste

Smash Apprentice

Also, interesting you should think that it's sensationalising:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/01/us-embassy-cables-executed-mike-huckabee
How can he be tried with treason when he's not an American citizen? And how is Mike Huckabee's opinion suppose to represent a likely outcome? Outside of the fact that he's talking about the individual who leaked to Wikileaks and not Assange himself, Huckabee is preparing to make a bid at the white house and needs to say things that will get him in the news. I'm sure quite a lot of people in America would agree with what he said, but that doesn't translate into actual policy.

RATED

Smash Lord
^Ninja'd

==============

I am interested on what might happen on this.

---------------

I tried to look info about Puerto Rico's stuff but I didnt find anything, probably there's nothing or I failed.
It would be interesting since PR is "kinda part" of USA.(not a state)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Bumping this because Assange was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. Interesting turn of events.

:059:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah, for the life of me I can't think of anything that Obama had done by 2009 that was deserving of a NPP. And for Assange, I wouldn't say leaking all these documents caused incredible amounts of peace. And he's accused of ****.

I dunno about you but I'm pretty sure I could find someone more deserving of a NPP than both of them.

\/aarsivius

Smash Cadet
See the Debate Hall Proving Ground Wikileaks thread for reasons why Wikileaks is nof ****ing up security

NNID
Budget_Player
Bumping this because Assange was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. Interesting turn of events.

:059:
WOOT

Yeah, for the life of me I can't think of anything that Obama had done by 2009 that was deserving of a NPP. And for Assange, I wouldn't say leaking all these documents caused incredible amounts of peace. And he's accused of ****.

I dunno about you but I'm pretty sure I could find someone more deserving of a NPP than both of them.
See the Debate Hall Proving Ground Wikileaks thread for reasons why Wikileaks is nof ****ing up security
Pretty much what Vaarsivius says. He deserves it for sure for making our governments know that lying is not cool.

Top Bottom