• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 9: [Now Defunct]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Howdy hoes! Sorry I didn't announce it a few hours ago when it actually ended but...submission period for MYmini #4 has been over since midnight (which was about a little less than four hours ago now). Which means...voting period is go! So send in your votes for the best MYmini this week!

Oh, an don't forget to check out the Sunday Recap #4 as well!
http://chiefmendez.wordpress.com/2011/01/09/mts-sunday-recap-starforce-4/

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Wild Donald Appeared!

Psychic/Dark

His only weakness is 2X Bug. Why? Because Ronald McDonald hates cockroaches in his Happy Meals!

HP: 150
Taking the Clown down is like trying to eat a Big Mac.
ATK: 60
I think it's safe to say that Donald ISN'T Superman.
DEF: 80
If this guy can handle falling off his seat he can sure as hell handle Earthquake.
Sp.ATK: 130
His main way of attacking is mind ****. If you don't have high Sp.Def then I'm afraid it's over.
Sp.DEF: 140
He's like the Cloyster of Mind.
SPD: 40
Donald likes to take his time.

TOTAL: 600
Like Garchomp.

Ability: Ran Ran Ru!
In Team Battles your teammate will perform the attack you use.

Attack 1: Dark Ran Ran Ru!
Special move that has 80 AC 5PP 150 Power. Donald hits the foe with dark energy balls for 2-3 turns before confusing the foe, but only if he hits all those times.

Attack 2: Big Mac
Status move that has 20PP. Donald makes clones of himself to confuse the enemy, raising his evasion by 2 levels in the process for one turn. If his enemy's attack misses on that turn, Donald can attack 1 more time next turn.

Attack 3: McWryyy
Physical move that has 100 AC 20PP 80 Power. Donald slams you with a Big Mac, pinning his enemy down for one turn. Next turn the enemy can eat the hamburger to heal.

Attack 3: Children
Status move that has 5PP. Donald uses his human trainer as a shield against his enemy's attack for 3 turns; for each time a enemy hits Donald he is not hurt but one of your Pokemon on standby take the damage instead.

While Donald is playing pretend Pokemon, he gets his mind slave to Nico Nico things up a little:

Jiisan, Candy Grandpa, or whatever you want to call him, advertises Whether's Originals in Japan. He basically distracts AIs and minions away from Donald and throws him Candy ever 2 seconds that heals him 1%. He has 50HP and can be killed by the enemy.

And while he distracts the enemy, Donald blasts you to bits with a Rocket Launcher. It may not be the best fatality for him, but it's random and awesome, just like him.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Dude, whats with you and ronald!! Seriously!

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
Brawl 4 Dead
Pretty interesting. I haven't actually played L4D, but I watched my friend play it, and it was pretty cool. This would be very fun to play.

Crate Enemies
I always thought that crate enemies in Melee didn't show up enough. The ones that you introduced here are pretty nice, especially Muffy, as unlike most enemies, you don't want to attack her. Nice to see someone else wants these things back in Brawl.

Search and Destroy
Now THIS would be a very fun new game mode. I'd love to see characters like Snake in this mode; he'd easily be top tier with his powerful traps. You could also think up some awesome team combos with this. Great mini.

Achievements
A fun and funny idea, I enjoyed some of the names to these Achievements. I like what you thought up, and I could see the Tabuu Achievement being one of the toughest to get.

Fatalities
So yeah, cool pics and all, but not something I could enjoy. I just can't see Mario and a few others actually killing anyone. Plus, I would think that Kirby would simply eat the foe, but they don't come out, falling into the black hole that is Kirby's stomach. Anyway, it's a nice, albeit violent mini.

Rush
Interesting. Another nice alternate game mode that would be a lot of fun to play. I like the CPU allies, that makes it a lot more interesting. Pretty cool mini.

Smady

Smash Master
User Rankings Week #5

Welcome to the User Rankings! Every Monday, I'll be compiling the entire of the last week's activity in the thread and showing off, just who is the most active member? The point of this exercise is to recognise the most dedicated among us – those make your movers who are currently pushing the boundaries, as well as highlighting all movesets made by them.

To get on this list, you need to have made a moveset in this or a previous Make Your Move, as well as having posted in the Make Your Move 9 thread. The cut-off point for tallying is 12AM on Monday; other removals or changes are at my own discretion. The breakdown of points is as follows:

25 points for a Moveset
15 points for a Joint Moveset
5 points for a Secondary Submission
4 points for a Comment
2 points for a Secondary Submission Comment
1 point for a Regular Post
+Regular Posts do not stack

I realise this is a little earlier than usual for the rankings - tomorrow I have my first real Monday morning of school, so I thought it wise to move this up. The overall rankings have also been updated. This week saw an impressive amount of minis, but very few movesets, which is how I was able to remain on top. You don't want to let me stay up there, right? Once again, persistently commenting on everything I could landed me the top spot. Thankfully, spots two and three are tied by people who actually had the gumption to post a moveset. Koric posted Yamato - be sure to check that out for some Samurai magic. n88 posted Blooper, which is also worth a look in for some more gooey sludge nonsense that we all love in Make Your Move 9.

Remember to check out the stadium to find all of the sets mentioned.

Overall User Rankings

Points: 29, Movesets: Muk, Auron, Wiz & Kupa 2, Pyro Jack, Jack The Ripper

Points: 22, Movesets: Tetris, Harvey Moisewitsch Volodarskii

Points: 18, Movesets: Nattorei, Electivire, Nrvnqsr Chaos, Toxicroak

Points: 11, Movesets: Diglett, Penny Gadget / Inspector Gadget, Blaze the Cat

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Just so everyone knows, feel free to make a stage or matchup for Brawl 4 Dead. I'm making a Zelda faction for Edge of Heroes.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Same here, feel free to make a map for SND. I'll be making something B4D and a Sonic Faction for Edge Of Heroes. Oh, and don't forget to get your characters in for the community SM thread located in the MYM social group.

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
So since we're now into next week...

My Pokemon Minis

Sanaki

TYPE
Fire (starting type; this may change, see Ability)

STATS

HP: 50
Attack: 40
Defense: 50
Special Attack: 140
Special Defense: 125
Speed: 75

Ability: Mastery
When this Pokemon uses the same type move in a row, the attack gets a boost:
2nd time in a row: +10% Base Power
3rd time in a row: +25% Base Power
Anything after the 3rd time in a row: +50% Base Power
Additionally, this Pokemon's type will change to match that of the last move used.

Moves:
Move 1: Bolganone
Description: The user summons flames from beneath the opponent. This has a slight burn chance (20%)
Type: Fire
Category: Special
Power: 90
Accuracy: 95
PP: 15
Priority: 0
Target: All enemies

Move 2: Valuara
Description: The user summons a ball of light above the opponent, then brings it down on their head. This has a high chance of poisoning if it hits (50%)
Type: Psychic
Power: 70
Accuracy: 100
Target: One enemy

Move 3: Tornado
Description: The user summons a tornado around him/herself, blowing away all foes. This has a chance of going first, and if it does, it'll cause a flinch for sure. (20% chance of going first, 100% chance of flinch if it goes first)
Type: Flying
Power: 75
Accuracy: 90
Priority: 0 (+1 if it goes first)
Target: All enemies

Move 4: Thoron
Description: A wicked lightning bolt is dropped on the foe. This move gains more hits if used in succession
-For every turn this move is used in a row, it gains that many hits (Two hits for second time, 3 hits for third time, etc.). The number of hits will reset if this move fails, however (Ex. is resisted by a Ground type, stopped by Protect, etc.)
Type: Electric
Power: 40
Accuracy: 100
PP: 30

Sothe

TYPE
Dark

STATS

HP: 100
Attack: 95
Defense: 75
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 65
Speed: 135

Ability: Stealth
While invisible, this Pokemon's Evasion increase by 30%, and any attack it uses will go through protection moves such as Protect

Moves:
Move 1: Knife Throw
Description: The user throws a knife at the opponent, dealing minor damage. This is very fast, and cannot be countered.
-This move cannot be countered by moves such as Counter, and is unaffected by things that require physical contact, such as Rough Skin
Type: Dark
Category: Physical
Power: 60
PP: 25
Priority: +2

Move 2: Quick Step
Description: The user steps to the side so quickly, it looks like they teleported. This avoids one attack, and raises the user's Speed, but may fail if used in succession.
-Like Protect and Detect, this will dodge one move (even perfect accuracy moves like Aura Sphere), and it will only raise Speed if it successfully dodges something. It has a 50% chance of failing if used twice or more in a row, at which point all Speed boosts are lost.
Type: Normal
Category: Status
Power: --
Accuracy: --
PP: 20
Priority: +7
Target: User

Move 3: Wired Knife
Description: The user throws a knife attached to a strong wire at the opponent. If it hits, the opponent has a chance of flinching (30%)
-If used while invisible, the chance of flinch increases to 100%
Category: Physical
Power: 70
PP: 20

Move 4: Into the Shadows
Description: A move that turns the user invisible for 3 turns. If the user takes damage while invisible, the invisibility will be lost.
-This Pokemon's status becomes Invisible (Abbreviated INV, overwrites any other status.). Invisible status lasts for 3 turns, and can be overwritten by any other status. If Sothe is holding a Lum Berry, it will NOT remove this status condition
Category: Status
Power: --
Accuracy: --
PP: 25
Target: User

and speaking of the Pokemon Mini...

Pokemon Mode
Like I said on the chat, I love the idea. I like what you did with each character's given specials and stats. I still think Jr. should've been Dark/Fire, but it's not a big deal. Cool mini.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
FATALITY: Devouring Darkness

As you can clearly see, Raven is PISSED. Also possessed by demonic forces, but that's besides the point. When Raven activates her Fatality, her eyes glow red like in the above picture. Then she starts to transform...

Raven's poor victim finds themselves face-to-face with Rachel's demonic form, much like the unfortunate Dr. Light above. A number of tentacles from inside her cloak then suddenly reach out and painfully grab Raven's foe. Over the course of 4-5 seconds, the tentacles drag them across the ground towards Raven while they scream for help. Help will not come though, and they get dragged under the folds of Raven's cloak.

After one final scream, the victim is silenced by gruesome sounds of ripping flesh. Yep, they just get ripped up violently in there. A few seconds later, their mangled limbs are forcibly ejected from under her cloak, followed by the victim's head and torso (still connected). They are unfortunately, still alive. Their skin and clothing color have changed to a ghostly gray though, traumatized by whatever they experienced under there.

That's not the end of course: they're still alive anyhow. Without warning, a bunch of creepy cartoonish birds fly out of nowhere and begin to devour them as they cry out in pain. They eventually finish and fly away, leaving only a ribcage and skull behind. While this goes on, Raven floats up into the air slightly and observes their death in a pose similar to this. If you listen closely you can hear her say "Nevermore..." softly.

RAVEN WINS

FATALITY

Katapultar

Smash Lord
If we're doing Fatalities for our best sets I can follow suit:

Banette's Fatality - Cycle of Hate

Banette isn't angry, only happy; happy that it gets to kill. It opens it's mouth to release it's cursed energy at the victim. Next, it possesses their clothing to turn it Tsukumogami, inanimate objects that gain souls after years of existing. These gain teeth in their transformation before attempting to slowly devour their former master. If the enemy does not have clothing then Banette will instead send Tsukumogami pins at them which devour them.

The enemy isn't dead yet, only immobilized with their head and torso left. For the Grand Finale Banette approaches the enemy with a pin, which it thrusts into the enemy's heart to kill them once and for all. Banette falls to the floor 'unconscious' as it faces the screen meanancingly.

If that wasn't enough I won't know what is. How you'll be able to pull this off in Stamina is beyond me.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
SLOTH FATALITY​

The mighty Sloth is ready to perform his fatality. . .It seems he’s finally ready to put some effort in so he can finally finish the foe and rest in place. Sloth instantly rushes up to the foe with his titan charge, but doesn’t enter the ending lag from it, immediately grabbing the foe, covering most of their body in his bulky hands. He then lifts the foe up over his head, and proceeds to let out a massive roar as he literally snaps the foe in half! Lots of ketchup splatters everywhere for all to see. While the normal fatality would end here, Sloth’s not done. Once you’ve pissed Sloth off and finally got him going, it’s hard to get the big lug to stop.

After ripping the foe in half, Sloth throws their upper half down to the ground, which still seems to be alive. . .For the moment. Sloth proceeds to rapidly flail the foe’s lower half against their upper half on the ground, doing so roughly 50 times over 2 seconds, then ties the foe’s upper torso to his foot with one of his chains and stomps down rapidly, grimacing as he looks down at the foe who’s barely even recognizable at this point. He stomps down so hard he breaks the chains attaching the foe to his foot, causing the upper torso to splatter and the horribly deformed head of the foe to get knocked forward very slightly. Sloth, exhausted from this endeavor, collapses forward onto the foe’s head, crushing it as more delicious McDonalds ketchup splatters everywhere.

Sloth enters his Neutral B sleeping state after the fatality is complete, and the foe’s lower half is still on the stage to be used against any remaining foes. Other foes will be too grossed out to use them, but Sloth can use them as a battering weapon as powerful as the fan – whenever Sloth stops mashing A, though, he’ll be exhausted and enter his Neutral B.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Howdy hoes! Here are the results of MYmini #4! Who could've won?!?

1. Minions by gcubedude (7 votes)
2. Fatalities by MarthTrinity (5 votes)
3. Edge of Heroes by MasterWarlord (4 votes)​

Crate Enemies by Junahu (3 votes)
Brawl 4 Dead by Kholdstare (3 votes)
Search and Destroy by getocoolaid (2 votes)
Pokemon Mode by Kitsuneko (2 votes)
Achievements by Kris121 (1 vote)

And that's all for this week! As always, thanks to everyone for participating! <3

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed these 'playlists' in some movesets. What are they? And do you have to put them in your moveset?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I've noticed these 'playlists' in some movesets. What are they? And do you have to put them in your moveset?
Playlists can be made if you have a YouTube account. You just go to a video and there should be an option that's like. . ."Add To...". From there you can add the video to your playlist which you can directly link to from YouTube. A playlist is essentially just a list of (usually) music tracks that the reader can listen to while reading your set to give the set a certain mood or make it more involving to the reader.

But of course...playlists are entirely optional. If you'd rather link YouTube videos individually or not include them at all, that's totally fine. Playlists are just handy because they automatically play video instead of having to click a new link everytime.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
KOALA KONG MINION​

Koala Kong is a koala mutated by N. Brio’s evolvo ray, becoming incredibly muscular but still remaining relatively mindless in terms of intelligence. The transformation is also disproportionate in regard to Koala Kong’s upper body getting far more ripped, with his legs being left scrawny – much like Tiny Tiger. Koala Kong is a boss in the original Crash Bandicoot, where he attempts to kill Crash by throwing boulders at him. Koala Kong later becomes replaced by Tiny Tiger in the sequel and thereafter, not reappearing until a clone of Tiny was needed in Crash Bash – this is also where N. Brio comes back into the series after a long hiatus, so it’s only fitting that Koala Kong is N. Brio’s minion in Smash Bros.

Koala Kong patrols the stage at Ganon’s walking speed back and forth, and while he has 80 stamina he won’t actively chase players. He will occasionally strike a pose and flex his muscles, during which time if he’s attacked he’ll constantly pursue the offending player until death, moving at Mario’s dashing speed.

Koala Kong has a melee attack of punching forward as fast as a jab, then alternating to punching with his other arm. This does flinching just like a jab, but each hit does 15%, making it quite lethal. Koala Kong will perform the attack on anybody who wanders in front of him.

Koala Kong has a secondary attack he performs every 10 seconds that involves him ripping up a chunk of the stage, after which he performs his “jab” to punch it forwards the distance of 2 BF Platforms, dealing 30% and knockback that kills at 80% on contact.

If Koala Kong picks up a chunk of the stage covered in Brio’s slime, though, then the boulder will be stuck to Koala Kong’s hand, snapping back to his hand after traveling the full distance, still a hitbox as it comes back. Koala Kong’s hand even still has his regular hitbox as he punches. This will occur whenever Koala Kong uses his regular jab as well, with the boulder being shot forward and retracting incredibly quickly when Koala Kong punches with that arm. If Koala Kong gets boulders attached to both of his hands, the fact he alternate his punches means one boulder will constantly be being shot out and one will constantly be snapping back to his hand, providing a hellish multitude of hitboxes in front of Koala Kong. If Koala Kong has a boulder stuck to his hand, his range where he’ll attack people from increases to a platform.

While Koala Kong sounds like a horrifically overpowered minion, if you actually bring out slime for him to abuse, then Koala Kong himself will more likely than not get stuck. Koala Kong will make an about-face when he reaches the maximum distance he’s allowed to move away from where he’s rooted in his slime, constantly increasing his “grab escape difficulty”. Considering he doesn’t button mash, he’ll never get out of the slime, meaning he’ll essentially become a stationary turret for you after he gets boulders stuck to his hands, and be useless until then.

Thrice

Smash Cadet
Hazama's Minion -//MU=12\\-​

Yep, I'm back! Aren't you just overjoyed? Good. Now, on to my little slave up there. Yep, she's all mine; do anything I say after I trolled her so hard her mind broke. It's nice. Now, when I grab that little Minion thing, Mu will teleport right in and just kinda float beside me. Isn't it cute how she can't do anything without me? Now, I'll mumble some techno-jargon (it's WAAAY too advanced for you guys to understand) to her, and then she'll fly up to the center of the stage, about where Yiff-boy goes for his gay little Aura Final Smash thingy. Bout half a second after she gets up there, she'll summon a little self-suspending laser turret, with a new one spawning every second, up to three at a time. The cannons each have 25% stamina, but obviously they don't take any knockback.

Now there's something a little bit..special about these. You see, they like to spawn near the closest enemy, the first one above them, second to the right, third to the left...in other words, triangulation. Nearly impossible to escape. She's a good girl. I'll have to give her a cookie when we get back. Oh, what was that? Right, right. Every half a second, these cannons will fire a laser, which travels at the speed of Sonic's run and deals 8% and a lot of stun, tying right on into my own set, what with the combos and such. The lasers will go all the way across the stage, and won't damage other cannons. Course, the more cannons, the harder it is to escape the shots, meaning that you should try as hard as your pathetic little self can to destroy the cannons as they come out.

And that's all, but really, that's all you need. Also, her ass adds quite a good bit of depth to this too; after all, that's what EVERYONE did when they first bought this damn game, right? Pause it and try to look up the girls' dresses.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[SIZE=+7]
Grimace
[/SIZE] [SIZE=+7]
Birdie
[/SIZE] [SIZE=+7]
Hamburgular
[/SIZE]

Ronald McDonald's faithful companions arrive as minions for him! I'm sure you've heard of them somewhere in your lifetime. All 3 of them appear on the stage at once to aid Donald, though they don't do much.

The bumbling fool Grimace attempts to waddle towards the foe. He's a solid but can be knocked back like a Waddle Dee, doing little more than slowly pushing at you if he touches you. Occasionally he will trip over, giving you a shot at him.

Birdie, obviously being more helpful and reliable, goes around the stage to scout for items for Donald to use, bringing them back to him, but she will not take items that are already in a player's possession. Birdie will be sent flying in one hit from a enemy's attack.

Hambugular is the mischievous one of the group, but the only thing on his mind is hamburgers. He will do nothing unless there is a hamburger on the stage, to which he will try and eat it. He'll trip anyone who gets in his way, but he can be sent flying like the others.

Donald's friends last for 15 seconds of they are not all gone by that time.

If it happens to be a player's birthday, Donald's friends all attempt to stride towards that character in the same way as Marth's Final Smash. If they catch a foe, Donald teleports to his friends and the lucky star with presents and food. They party for 5 seconds, and after that Donald and the character who's birthday it was are all healed.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
M.Trinity
Minions

Generic Anime School Boys

M.Trinity's Minion is just a small group of four generic anime school boys, if these guys are actually from something other than just being generic...just picture them as all looking painfully bland like 99% of anime protagonists. Anyway! When these guys are summoned from the Minion Box, they instantly begin to flock around M.Trinity...after all, boys will be boys, you know? These boys will act as a constantly shifting hitbox surrounding M.Trinity (but giving her enough room to breath) as they shove past each other and climb over each other to get closer to her. Getting too close to the boys will deal 5% damage and horizontal knockback away from them. But of course...this isn't their only use.

M.Trinity can grab one of the boys by their ties and perform her down throw on them in order to heal herself for 10% per use. Because of the constant hitbox around her, opponents cannot interrupt this unless they have a disjointed hitbox such as a sword or flames. However. . .say your opponent is out of the way for a while and you're at no risk of being attacked. Pressing a taunt while you have a boy grabbed will cause M.Trinity to whistle as the other three boys dogpile onto her, greatly increasing the censoring range of this move as M.Trinity moans and grunts a lot louder than before. With the same duration of the normal dthrow, M.Trinity will stagger away from the guys, her hair frazzled and her skirt torn slightly as she holds an empty cake plate in her left hand. So what does this do aside from remove your defense as you use this? Well, it reduces M.Trinity's damage by 50% and gives her temporary super armor for the next five seconds. It does however leave your boys distracted for a few moments; you're on your own until then!

As another benefit of these Minions, M.Trinity will automatically target them when she uses her recovery. This reduces its use as an attacking move to nearly zero...but as a recovery, it makes it much, much more solid as the boys won't leave the stage if you get knocked off.

Speaking of getting hit when your boys are around...if M.Trinity suffers damage, at all, from an enemy attack...the boys will become enraged and violently attack the foe who struck her for the next five seconds, attacking with the moveset of a Red Alloy. If you want to call off this assualt for whatever reason however...you can simply taunt to get their attention again.

One last thing opponents need to watch out for. If a foe picks up a pair of M.Trinity's panties, the boys will violently tackle him or her to the ground, pummeling them for a massive 20% before they suffer the knockback of the panties.

There is however one -MAJOR- downside to this Minion and it'll become apparent with how M.Trinity plays. These boys are horny. Like...really, really horny. If M.Trinity trips for whatever reason, the boys will pounce on her, dealing a painful 15% to yourself after the five second duration and slight upward knockback. M.Trinity's face will also be bright red after this happens and the effects of the "super dthrow" (frazzled hair/torn skirt) will also apply. Seems even she wasn't expecting that. If anything good comes out of it, you're invincible to outside attack for the five second duration...

After 55 seconds, M.Trinity will frown and say, "That's enough worshipping, boys. Shoo!", causing them to disappear a moment after.

M.Trinity
FATALITIES

Yes, you read that correctly. Fatalities, as in plural. While most characters in Mortal Kombat have multiple Fatalities, Smash characters only have one due to the fact that they all activate their Fatalities in the same way. M.Trinity however is unique; she has three Fatalities depending on her opponent, one for males, the other for females and the final one for animals/others.

Fatality (Male)

Against male opponents, M.Trinity decides to have a little fun with her foe before slaughtering them horribly. To start, M.Trinity slowly walks forward, a psychotic smirk on her face as she draws closer to her victim. Upon getting close, she places one hand on their shoulder...one hand coursing with Psycho Power however. The opponent takes on a faint purple tinge as M.Trinity draws closer, literally pressing herself up against their body.

However...she stops herself. Taking a step back, M.Trinity places her hands on her chest and slowly begins unbuttoning her top. Button by button she goes, displaying a pretty darn good amount of cleavage as she does so...shame you can't pause during Fatalities for some good pictures, no? If you manage to avert your eyes from M.Trinity's strip tease however...you may notice that the crotch area of the male opponent is glowing quite brightly with purple energy...the brightness doesn't seem to be the only thing growing either.

With her top entirely off now, M.Trinity slides up behind the foe, putting her arms around them and on their chest (crouching down to do so if they're Mario's height). She'll then lean forward and blow softly in their ear...this reaaaaaally sets them off.

Suddenly and with little to no warning, the foe's crotch area bursts in a violent spray of blood and gore; seems like a fatal Psycho Powered erection, yikes! M.Trinity then quietly mutters, "Climaxed already? Hardly the man I'm interested in..." as she thrusts a Psycho Powered hand through her foe's chest, ripping out their heart and letting in burn within the purple energy. M.Trinity then withdraws her hand, wipes the blood off her hands (using the foes body) and puts her top back on. "Another fool, another broken heart..."

Fatality (Female)

Against female opponents...M.Trinity isn't quite kind enough to give them such a "nice show" before finishing them off. This move is downright brutal! None of that kind-hearted strip tease nonsense here, just straight up violence! Approaching the foe, an even more psychotic smirk appears across M.Trinity's face as she gets closer; she looks downright scary at this point, murderous even!

Once she gets within range of her foe, M.Trinity shoves the poor victim to the ground and straddles them. She spends a few moments running her hands over the other female's chest before stopping (there's your fanservice boyos). At this point, the insane girl grabs the foe's breasts, her hands glowing with psycho power, and... forcibly tears them off the foe's body, cackling madly as she does so. Tossing them aside, M.Trinity then grabs the foe around their throat and starts banging their head against the ground, bloodying them up terribly but leaving them alive...

The crazed girl then stops, realizing her opponent is dead...or close enough. Her laughter slowly stops as she stands up and begins to walk away. Unfortunately, as she starts walking away...the dying opponent lets out a cough. While I may just be overhyping this in my mind, the following part of the Fatality will be in spoiler tags due to what some may find disturbing. If you're afraid of what may be under the spoiler tags, don't read it. This is more just a safety precaution on my part so people don't yell at me for creepy stuff.

The opponent lets our a brief cough which freezes M.Trinity in her tracks. She slowly turns her head to see her foe still breathing...still alive somehow. Facing forward again, M.Trinity turns around and slowly approaches her downed foe once more. The foe cowers, knowing they're already in bad enough shape as it is. Gently, M.Trinity kneels down behind them as she takes one of her foe's hands in hers. Is...is she showing pity? The opponent sighs in relief as M.Trinity smiles at them. Only a few moments later, M.Trinity holds up her right hand, coursing with Psycho Power. Unfortunately, the opponent doesn't see this...In one swift movement, M.Trinity thrusts her hand into the female's pelvis. She then balls her fist as if grasping something and forcibly tears out the foe's reproductive organs in a violent display of blood, gore and tearing flesh. She releases the foe's hand, stands up and then throws the organs down upon the foe's dead body before repeatedly stamping on the foe's face over and over again. After about ten rapid stomps, M.Trinity manages to calm herself down, violently muttering, "None of you filthy wh-..." her muttering becomes inaudible after that but it's easy to assume she's not too happy with there being other female smashers...

Fatality (Other)

Providing the opponent doesn't have a set gender, is an animal or is particularly young (AKA anyone catagorized under "Pose 4" in the actual set itself), M.Trinity will have a unique form of death for these guys, how kind...er...kind of. This Fatality however is slightly less unique than the other two sadly; what can I say? It's a broad audience to kill with this move.

Approaching the foe, M.Trinity willl look down at them (or up if they're Valozarg or something) and mock, "Aww...how cute; it's like you actually thought you could win!" At this, M.Trinity unzips her school bag and stretches it out before slamming it over the opponent, it stretching to impossibly large sizes for bigger opponents. Once the opponent is snatched up inside the bag, it appears to shrink down to normal size once again.

After a few moments however, M.Trinity speaks, "That should be long enough..." before unzipping the bag once more and holding it upside down. As she does so, insane amounts of blood pour from inside the bag along with chunks of flesh and bone. M.Trinity looks down and sighs, "I'll never get those stains out..."

Junahu

Smash Ace
Victreebel:
I have no idea why I've taken so damn long to comment this set. It's clever, intuitive, and it captures the more savage nature of Victreebel so well. This is probably the shining example of a Pokeset done right that I'll troll out in the future whenever I criticise something for being out-of-character (my god that phrase is becoming just as misunderstood as "un-smash"). It's a singular concept, expanded so that no matter how you play as him, eating foes takes center stage. The sheer depth of the idea, along with how well it subsequently synergises with Brawl, really impressed me.

Ironically, this is probably the one set I would have accepted, or even expected, a KO pummel for. It's absence reeks of a bittersweet victory against KO pummels, and now I'm almost sorry for trying to kill them off so hard.

:glare: Up-tilt toggles on and off? I hate that kind of Up-Tilt. It's the hardest input in the game, and the last thing you'd want there, is a move you'd have to toggle 'off' if you ever accidentally use it.

blooper:
Blooper is a good chunk of basic fun. And I somehow appreciate his simple gunk better than then more intrusive types I've seen on other moveset this MYM. Blooper doesn't specifically take advantage of what he makes, other than via being (presumeably) invulnerable to it, but the set works, in a "brawl classic" sort of way.
I absolutely love the font and colour choices you made for presenting this, as they fit Blooper really well.

I have no idea why hitting the foe with your Neutral Special does not ink the foe, nor why the mechanic of inking both sides of the foe individually is even neccessary. At first I assumed that if the foe tripped while their back was inked, they slide all the way across the surface of whatever ink puddle they were in. I'm not exactly sure where I came to that assumption, but it's something I somehow expected to see.

MT Minion:
Well done MT, you've officially made MT into a moveset for Panty. I hope you're proud

Crewx

Smash Rookie
I know MYMini is over and done with, but I had this idea for a boss fight that I wanted to bring out to light.

Godzilla VS Gigan

At a point in the story, after you've entered the reaches of Subspace, Mewtwo, Ganondorf's right hand who was working for Taboo the whole time, reveals a monstrosity that Mewtwo created. Mewtwo is smart - A psychic Pokemon with very high intelligence. As such, he engineered the Subspace Bombs, he made adjustments to R.O.B.'s robotics to make many multiples, he crafts the many ships that the Subspace Army commands. As such, after Taboo reveals himself, he commands Mewtwo to destroy the intruders. Mewtwo puts forth a giant monster, larger than Duon and Rayquaza, larger than anything the heroes ever faced. Gigan is it's name.

The heroes (In a seperate part of the story) came across a Trophy Rifle, the laser gun that turns things into trophies. Kiryu, with his own high level of intelligence, disassembled it, and revealed that a magical Subspace Crystal gave it the ability to do so. By reverse engineering this Rifle, he found a way to return himself and Godzilla to normal size! Kiryu does this, returning Godzilla to gargantuan proportions to combat Gigan.

BOSS FIGHT: Godzilla VS Gigan

No, you don't play as Godzilla. You have the option to play as Charizard(Only Pokemon Trainer Pokemon), Kiryu, Samus, and Pit. You fly around, jumping from Arwing, to Arwing, flying around the two giant monsters.

Godzilla and Gigan's health are shown at the top of the screen. Both dwindle away as the two monsters battle, but Gigan loses it faster, seeing as Godzilla is the stronger Kaiju. It takes 5 minutes for Godzilla to defeat Gigan. However, it takes 6 minutes and 30 seconds for Gigan to beat Godzilla. This matters because, flying Primids will fly from the Subspace and shoot at Godzilla. Its your job, jumping from Arwing to Arwing, to fight off these Primids.

Lets say Godzilla's health gets so low that theres no chance for you to defeat enough Primids. Well, if you defeat a special Primid, the camera will zoom to the cockpit of the Arwing, and you will have a chance to fire a barrage or Lasers at Gigan to quicken his defeat. The special Primid shoots electric beams at other Primids on the screen. He has low hp, but hes invulnerable while other Primids are alive around him, and he gives them a damage bonus. When all are killed, he vanishes after a mere 1.5 seconds, giving you little time to fire off that laser to kill him and unleash fury on Gigan.

The different Primids you fight are numerous. Primids attacking Godzilla fire lasers, and appear to fly using rockets. The second type attacking Godzilla are missile launchers with wings (They don't hafta be normal now do they?). The Laser carve off 3 seconds of Gigan's defeat time with each shot, and the Rocket Launchers carve off 5 seconds per shot. Also bothering you are the flying rainbow Subspace birds(Can't remember the name) as well as the magic carpet things(Can't remember them either). R.O.B.s will also appear to dwindle your efforts.

The stage you fight on is small. All you have are Fox's and Falco's Arwings flying beside each other to jump on, and wind from the flight constantly pushes you backward, or left from the player's perspective.

If you lose, well, you lose. Normal losing procedure. If you win, the cutscene plays, having both monsters defeated each other, falling to the ground as trophies. Yes, Gigan becomes a playable character! I plan to do his moveset, as well as the story behind him and his creation.

When Mewtwo fails, Taboo does his whole, Negative Beams? Red Rings of Death? I know not what they are, but you know what I mean. Everyone is a trophy. Mewtwo too, who later sees this as a betrayal and wishes to defeat Taboo. Same old same old.

This is my first boss fight idea. Might not be very descriptive or difficult, or even very good. But it's a good excuse to include Gigan as a character, is it not? :p

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
OCTILLERY
Blooper introduces several concepts that have already been explored quite extensively in other movesets, most obviously in Octillery and the goop, but also in momentum, most blatantly comparable to Hannibal’s liquid he forces the foe to puke up. The one unique idea you have is inking the foe’s front and back separately, which I think isn’t nearly intuitive enough and which moves do and don’t ink one side of the foe feel completely random, and you don’t even capitalize on this all that much – not even a move to turn the foe around? Really? Either way, the concepts you –do- steal and barely expand upon are criminal, what with the disgusting amounts of filler this moveset has, which reaches absoutely shameless levels when you put in that directional throw and mirrored aerial.

IKE’S LOVER
Sothe has the assassin thing down decently well, and there’s really not that much else you could’ve done with this character. While I do dislike that moves eventually degrade to generic buffs if done on a foe’s back (No, not saying every move needs a special effect there, some would be better off without any), you do come up with some more creative uses, most notably having a different grab-game from behind. The one thing that I feel is pitifully underused and horifically random for Sothe is generic invisibility with no explanation whatsoever (He just slowly turns transparent in his idle animation), with no real moves to compliment it outside Sothe’s basic backstabbing. The least you could do is give Sothe some sort of move to home in on the foe so that Sothe could locate himself easier. Of course, I’m too busy being bitter that this is being praised over a superior backstabbing/assassin based moveset, which isn’t even getting so much as a mention, which also had more to him than just being a one trick-pony.

UNREADABLE RED WALL OF TEXT YAMATO
Yamato is extremely redundant in terms of writing style, stating awkward details of moves before we are told what the move actually does. You tend to make things as long and drawn out as possible despite your moves being incredibly simple in nature to describe – I cringe at the thought of how you’d describe a complicated moveset. Obviously, the constant presence of non-stop red text doesn’t particularly help either, and the fact everything is the same color also makes the headers stand out a lot less.

The actual moveset is surprisingly decent in comparison to the writing style, as you’ve got some decent stuff going with Yamato having a lot of attacks that dodge enemy attacks while Yamato pokes at the foe, as well as lots of projectile reflecting moves. These projectiles reflecting moves become relevant with Yamato’s projectile which any foe can also reflect, giving Yamato a similar (If less fitting) playstyle as Strike Man. While this is good, I wish you’d covered these more interesting parts of Yamato’s gameplay more extensively in the playstyle summary, rather than just going on and on about the most boring and generic parts.

SHOTZO (SMIRK2)

Shotzo’s writing style is a significant improvement over your other movesets, Plorf, in particular the playstyle summary, which you always tend to worry about, is one of the strongest portions of the moveset. There still are qualms, though, most obviously the random reference to Transformice, but you still insist on being vague about details even when it takes you more time to be vague about the details rather than just directly stating them. I know you want to avoid giving direct details because you don’t like doing balance, but we have become a lot more leniet about balance as of late anyway.

As for the actual moveset, I can’t say I’m a fan. Random updrafts on awkward inputs, minions, random star block materializing out of nothing, random suction, random rocket coming out of Shotzo. . .How did you manage to botch up the character of Shotzo of all people? I should think you would find this complaint legitimate if any. I think Shotzo has plenty of potential by just shooting himself around to propell himself, particularly in the air, and you’ve built up a half decent tanky camper playstyle – I commend the decision to make him so heavy and immune to hitstun. A great step up from you, Plorf, and great to finally see this moveset be released from that dark laboratory of movesetting of yours. Now, if only Duke Nukem Forever could get released. . .

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I too have a moveset ready. It's a remix of a previous set of mine. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Katapultar

Smash Lord
I know MYMini is over and done with, but I had this idea for a boss fight that I wanted to bring out to light.

Godzilla VS Gigan

At a point in the story, after you've entered the reaches of Subspace, Mewtwo, Ganondorf's right hand who was working for Taboo the whole time, reveals a monstrosity that Mewtwo created. Mewtwo is smart - A psychic Pokemon with very high intelligence. As such, he engineered the Subspace Bombs, he made adjustments to R.O.B.'s robotics to make many multiples, he crafts the many ships that the Subspace Army commands. As such, after Taboo reveals himself, he commands Mewtwo to destroy the intruders. Mewtwo puts forth a giant monster, larger than Duon and Rayquaza, larger than anything the heroes ever faced. Gigan is it's name.

The heroes (In a seperate part of the story) came across a Trophy Rifle, the laser gun that turns things into trophies. Kiryu, with his own high level of intelligence, disassembled it, and revealed that a magical Subspace Crystal gave it the ability to do so. By reverse engineering this Rifle, he found a way to return himself and Godzilla to normal size! Kiryu does this, returning Godzilla to gargantuan proportions to combat Gigan.

BOSS FIGHT: Godzilla VS Gigan

No, you don't play as Godzilla. You have the option to play as Charizard(Only Pokemon Trainer Pokemon), Kiryu, Samus, and Pit. You fly around, jumping from Arwing, to Arwing, flying around the two giant monsters.

Godzilla and Gigan's health are shown at the top of the screen. Both dwindle away as the two monsters battle, but Gigan loses it faster, seeing as Godzilla is the stronger Kaiju. It takes 5 minutes for Godzilla to defeat Gigan. However, it takes 6 minutes and 30 seconds for Gigan to beat Godzilla. This matters because, flying Primids will fly from the Subspace and shoot at Godzilla. Its your job, jumping from Arwing to Arwing, to fight off these Primids.

Lets say Godzilla's health gets so low that theres no chance for you to defeat enough Primids. Well, if you defeat a special Primid, the camera will zoom to the cockpit of the Arwing, and you will have a chance to fire a barrage or Lasers at Gigan to quicken his defeat. The special Primid shoots electric beams at other Primids on the screen. He has low hp, but hes invulnerable while other Primids are alive around him, and he gives them a damage bonus. When all are killed, he vanishes after a mere 1.5 seconds, giving you little time to fire off that laser to kill him and unleash fury on Gigan.

The different Primids you fight are numerous. Primids attacking Godzilla fire lasers, and appear to fly using rockets. The second type attacking Godzilla are missile launchers with wings (They don't hafta be normal now do they?). The Laser carve off 3 seconds of Gigan's defeat time with each shot, and the Rocket Launchers carve off 5 seconds per shot. Also bothering you are the flying rainbow Subspace birds(Can't remember the name) as well as the magic carpet things(Can't remember them either). R.O.B.s will also appear to dwindle your efforts.

The stage you fight on is small. All you have are Fox's and Falco's Arwings flying beside each other to jump on, and wind from the flight constantly pushes you backward, or left from the player's perspective.

If you lose, well, you lose. Normal losing procedure. If you win, the cutscene plays, having both monsters defeated each other, falling to the ground as trophies. Yes, Gigan becomes a playable character! I plan to do his moveset, as well as the story behind him and his creation.

When Mewtwo fails, Taboo does his whole, Negative Beams? Red Rings of Death? I know not what they are, but you know what I mean. Everyone is a trophy. Mewtwo too, who later sees this as a betrayal and wishes to defeat Taboo. Same old same old.

This is my first boss fight idea. Might not be very descriptive or difficult, or even very good. But it's a good excuse to include Gigan as a character, is it not? :p
This looks like a cool idea for a different perspective on a boss battle. Granted, the timer does seem quite long for a level associated with killing hordes of enemies though in a way it seems legit enough. Funny enough, a Gigan moveset has already been done in MYM3; I actually thought you were referencing it until the last part. Instead of being Subspace-orientated the idea could be used for the community story mode unless this is your own personal project.

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
XP-Tan
Wowwie wow, did I pick a good MYM to join in. First M. Trinity and now this lovely lady. I am very happy.

Besides the nice images (which I enjoyed very much), I thought that the moveset was pretty cool, especially considering what little you had to work with. The way everything created a playstyle revolving around gaining "mammary" and setting up "Windows" (silly puns are silly), yet fit the character of a hawt girl based off of an operating system is awesome.

I especially love the little details in the set, like the computer toolbars (File Help MOGE!), the Minesweeper background, and the blue screen on the Final Smash. Those are nice little additions that make the set more fun to read than a plain ol' text set.

XP-tan's Minis
OMG Wikipe-tan is so adorable! I wanna hug her so badly!

Aside from that, I liked the minis as well. They're totally fitting, and they look nice too (except the fatality, but don't expect me to enjoy any of those. I like the pic, don't like the description). Good job.

Koala Kong
Yay! My mini is popular! Maybe I should make some minions for my sets as well...

Anyway, I enjoy Koala's interactions with Brio's slime. It can make him an overpowered minion, or a horrible one. Nice mini.

Hazama's Minion
Nice. Powerful, and fits the character, but can be stopped if you know how. These are the best types of things in a fighting game IMO, and in this contest as well.

Ronald's Minions
I love the personality in each minion. Grimace doesn't do much, Birdie flies around and grabs things, and Hamburglar does exactly what you'd expect from his name: Nothing until a hamburger is involved. They seems pretty underpowered, but that again is fitting of the characters.

M. Trinity's Minions and Fatalities
Like Hazama's minion, it's powerful and fitting, but not unstoppable. It's even funny to boot, especially with the pumped Dthrow and the chance of M. Trinity getting attacked by her own minions.

As I said before, I'm not one to enjoy fatalities, so I can't say much about them (mostly cuz I didn't read them. Sorry).

CrewX's Story Mode and Boss Battle
Very nice. Even though they don't really fit this week's mini, they're very well-written. Like Katapultar said, you should consider looking into the Story Mode we're trying to get off the ground.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
As a random side note, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who dislikes fatalities. (One of the draws of Brawl IMO is that it's something the whole family can play.)

To make this post more relevant (and to shamelessly hype my next set), I should hopefully be finished with my Fawful set sometime soon. (By the way, huge thanks to King K. Rool for proofreading it for me. :))

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Dante's Minion: Lady
Alrighty, Dante has managed to get a minion box! What? You were expecting Trish? Dante never met Trish in DMC3. (wary)

Anyway, with Lady out in the field, she'll do a certain attack with her huge gun weapon, depending on what style Dante is using. Everytime you use Trickster; she'll fire out 10 small rockets at the opponent, which hardly takes any lag at all, besides the above average ending lag. The rockets, while moving at the same speed as Samus' homing rockets, will home into the nearest opponent, each dealing off 1-2% damage, with flinching knockback. The rockets will automatically explode though, after 2 seconds, so it's better if Lady is close to the opponent when using this. Very useful if Dante's in a jam, and he wants an immediate counter attack.

Using Swordsmaster, Lady will be firing out a grappling hook from her rocket launcher (with the blade of course), flying 2 stage builder blocks forward. If this hits an opponent, she'll quickly pull back her grappling hook, bringing the opponent to her. This will deal 5% damage, and will stun the opponent for 1 second. This has little beginning lag, though above average ending lag. Very useful if you want the opponent in a good position to combo.

Using Gunslinger, Lady will let out a, "Let's rock, baby!" firing out a rocket forward, which will deal off a great 15-20% damage with knockback KOing at 100-90% damage. The rocket travels really fast, and across the screen. Watch out though, as the firing rate is 1 every 3 seconds, so don't expect to be spamming this. A very good KO move and yeah. If Dante is in the rocket's direction, he can quickly press dodge to RIDE on the rocket, allowing Dante to change the direction at it, maybe into the opponent's face?

Lady will follow wherever Dante goes, although Dante can perform a taunt to have her stay still on the spot. Lady has about 40% health, and if she gets below 20%, she'll start getting angry, and chase after the opponent now, though, she'll always be staying away at least 1 stage builder block to attack, though she'll automatically attack now, instead of waiting for Dante to use a style.

After about 30-40 seconds, Lady lets out, "You're on your own now demon!" Lady is smiling though, seeming confident Dante will win the match now. As a nice bonus, if you win a match while Lady is still around, you'll get a special victory win. Dante is seen in his office, in a chair relaxing while Lady is narrating this: "Well, he won the match. He decided to open a shop in Brawl to help out smashers in need of his services. Want to know the name?" Dante and Lady both then say: "Devil May Cry."

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum

Gelatinous Cubes are a species of monster from the Dungeons and Dragons universe. These abominations lurk in deep caverns and dungeons, sliding through their lairs in search of organic material to digest. These monsters are 10 feet tall by 10 feet long by 10 feet wide, and are nearly invisible (for they are transparent, of course). In addition to absorbing things, they can deliver a paralyzing electric shock.

Size: 10x10x10
Weight: 10/10
Movement: 1/10
Jump: 0/10
Aerial Movement: 0/10

The Gelatinous Cube in Brawl is much like a Gelatinous Cube from D&D: A big, stupid, slow, hungry wall. It's a patient predator, slinking along like cooling lava, consuming everything in it's path. It's noticeably larger than Bowser, and it's dash speed is as fast as Jigglypuff's walk.

Like all oozes, the Gelatinous Cube has no brain, and is effectively mindless. It fights using only a few basic techniques as instinct dictates.

The Gelatinous Cube has several special qualities that separate it from (most) other characters. It is several thousand pounds heavy, and is essentially impossible to lift off of the ground. Characters deal knockback to the Cube purely horizontally, and it is forced back a little bit each time he would take knockback. How far he is sent back depends on the amount of knockback a character would normally receive and how high the Cube's damage gauge is; for example, at 0%, a Falcon Punch will send him back 1 SBB, while at 100% it increases to 2 SBBs, and so on and so forth proportionally. If the Cube ever leaves the stage, it plummets down to its doom.

The Gelatinous Cube's body easily absorbs blows. It has a constant field of super armor around it at all times. Only strong attacks can break through it and push the Cube back.

The Gelatinous Cube quivers as it loosens its outer coating, ready to eat. Any opponent who comes in contact with the Gelatinous Cube during this move is sucked into its body. Multiple opponents can be enveloped at once.

Whilst enveloped, a character floats in the center of the Cube, as if in midair. Characters in the Cube cannot move, and take 5% per second as powerful acids digest them.

Engulfed characters must fight their way out. By attacking, they can deal 30% to the Cube and burst out of it, landing tripped next to it and stunning the Gelatinous Cube for a full second. The attacks used to the Cube do not deal any knockback.

If the Gelatinous Cube takes damage while it has a character engulfed, the character receives half as much damage as it does.

With a twitch, the Gelatinous Cube releases some powerful digestive enzymes, which cause great pain but not much damage. These enzymes deal 1% and cause enemies inside of the Cube to flinch. The Gelatinous Cube needs to make more enzymes in between uses; this attack can only be used once every 3 seconds.

This is the only way to interrupt enemy attacks whilst they are inside of the Cube, so use it wisely.

Slowing your foe's escape isn't the only - or main - use of this move, though; if used on a foe who's at 150% or move, the enzymes completely digest the foe, KOing them and leaving a skeleton in the Gelatinous Cube for the rest of the battle. ...Ew.

The Gelatinous Cube releases an electric shock throughout the surface of its body for a second. Any opponent who comes deals direct damage (non-ranged) to the Cube during this attack is stunned as if hit with ZSSamus's laser gun, perfectly setting them up for your Smash attack.

Flipping over like
one of those weird box monsters from Super Mario Galaxy, the Gelatinous Cube attempts to crush his foes. This move takes a quarter of a second to complete; at the end of it, any character who is caught underneath the Cube takes a staggering 25% and is enveloped. Unfortunately, this attack has considerable lag, taking the Cube a full second to re-orientate itself.

The Gelatinous Cube quakes for a second, then becomes gigantic. It is now as large as Petey Piranha, and its Smash attack now does 100% on a successful hit. Daaaamn.

The Gelatinous Cube is a very straightforward character, and its playstyle can be explained in 3 steps.

1. Envelop enemy.
2. ???
3. Profit!

VS DIGLETT

100/0 IN CUBE'S FAVOR

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Gelatinous Cube is definitely a unique experience; congratulations for having the guts to make a character with only 4 moves in his set. Even despite that, the set looks very attractive as if to add a layer of coating to the wonder. It's difficult to think of he would be able to fight against a character with projectiles, or whether he would be able to fight at all despite being so heavy. Granted, he has no jump. Not that that's a problem.

That said, it was quite awesome to read, especially the last part of the set and the simplicity of the playstyle.

One thing's for sure; this guy would make great material for a game mode or Story Mode level.

As a random side note, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who dislikes fatalities. (One of the draws of Brawl IMO is that it's something the whole family can play.)
This makes total sense. I never really liked the idea because killing the enemy after the fight is unacceptable in some way; just that Ronald with a rocket launcher is not only totally awesome but also not violent.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
It's Been Too Long Since I've Commented Some Sets

Blooper

The main problem that blooper has is that he ends up repeating a lot of ideas that other movesets have done, without introducing anything new or improving on what was already there. Covering the stage with goop has been a concept already rather thoroughly explored this contest alone.

What gets awkward though is that the one major innovation, the ability to ink the opponent's front and back, is completely unintuitive and doesn't actually bring anything new to the table, since inking the enemy's front or back literally does nothing until both sides are inked.

I did like some ways that you explored the character, namely the Up Special in how it recreates that oh so freakish movement style the creature had as it danced through the sky, but you're capable of better than this n88.

XP-Tan

As entertaining a moveset based on memory growth is Junahu, I'm utterly disappointed by just how generic XP-tan's mechanic is. It is astraight ammo mechanic through and through, with a move that specifically does nothing but build up a stockpile of ammo (and heal you) for your other attacks. It even has a usage cap per stock, which is the last thing I'd expect from you. Surely there was a better way to increase megabytes than the way you ended up going.

Maybe it's just me, but her character interpretation feels kind of odd; the fact that she's so gluttonous she'll eat part of the stage just doesn't jive with me, although that might be because I'm an XP fan at heart and can't bear to see you 'besmirch' my precious operating system with your 'foul lies'.

That having been said, the stage-control aspects of the moveset were very cool, and honestly the OS-tans, being the system that control the operations of the computers, are probably some of the characters best suited for stage control. The Windows were certainly the best move of the set in how the can be used and abused.

XP-Tan also enjoys the undoubtedly best organization for a moveset this contest and arguably the best we've ever seen.

Gelatinous Cube

Ah yes, the 10x10x10 Invisible Gelatinous Cube. Nothing makes players more nervous than a nice narrow hallway for on to hide in. "You're walking along when suddenly the air seems very gooey..."

Anyways, the Gelatinous Cube moveset you made does end up feeling very much like what the Gelatinous Cube actually does; I liked how you did manage to pull most of its character into a few short moves, although it would have been nice if you had actually tried to implement a little more; we're talking about a creature that can split in two mid-battle and turn invisible on the drop of a hat.

What's in works though, or at least works alright; the tankiness on stage but easily pushed off concept was in Fat Zombie too and it works here, although I'm not sure a Falcon Punch 'barely' pushing you at 100% isn't being too tanky.

The other thing that feels weird is that the smash, already a bit awkward in the moveset, is far better at racking damage than actually absorbing the enemy and eating away at them with acid, which is what common sense would dictate would be his primary method of building up for kills.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Finally done! By the way, HUGE thanks to King K. Rool for reviewing it and giving me some ideas.

I have fury!
At last, my entrance with drama! Finally! Now is the time where my true might shines, like many angry sunbeams of rage! St-standing in the spotlight at such a gala of spectacularity... My nerves are nervous! I need no long speech before this battle, which will now be mighty! Snack on my wrath, fink-rats!

I have stats!
Size: 5/10
Awesomeness: 10/10
Speed: 6/10
Jumps: 4/10
Fury:27/10
Range: 8/10
Recovery: 5/10
Darkness: ?/10
Power: 3/10 to 8/10
Crouch: 2/10 (no crawl)
Quotability: 11/10

Have you readiness for this? Fawful has all the best stats maxed. I have not everything, but I have such strategy! Your strongest characters will fold like napkins who are crying! If you are giving Fawful the chase just to get your silly victory, then you are idiots of foolishness! Super smash bros will soon be the bread that makes the sandwich of Fawful's desires! And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!

I have specials!

Down B: Summon Fawulcopter
I have video game logic! A fawfulcopter comes out from behind Fawful, and floats a stage-buidler block above my head. The fawfulcopter is weak, as a damage sandwich of just 7% will destroy it. However, should it survive for 3 seconds, I have reinforcements! It will sound an alarm, and a Mechawful (which has 40% stamina) will drop down (squishing the fawfulcopter in the process :awesome: ).

Unfortunately, it seems I had sloppiness, as the Mechawful has no AI, and if left alone will stand as still as a mountain of laziness! Therefore I must have strategy, and control it manually (moves to do so given later in this moveset. As a side note, only one fawfulcopter/mechafawful is allowed on-stage at any time. Using this move while one of these is already out will merely cause Fawful to have the brain pain at your stupidity of sillyness!)

Neutral B: Victory Feast!
Fawful will point in front of him, causing a boo to appear off the side blastzone from behind him. The boo appears at Fawful's height, and moves across the stage in a straight line at Bowser's run speed. More importantly, it carries one of Fawful's special high-calorie high-fat desserts, and will feed it to whoever it comes across over half a second! Once eaten, they will heal 20%, but become fat like a hungry sponge in an angry rainstorm! The more they eat, the more they will be slowed, and eventually all their moves will have lag like a 3D Ganondorf on wifi! And the only way for them to return to normal will be by exercising! Yes, they will have to run the length of final destination in order to burn the calories!

(To be more precise: Each desert eaten increases the enemy a "fat level"

Fat level 1: 1.25x lag on all attacks, weight, and fall speed, 3/4 x their run and midair speeds. Any additional midair jumps past the normal second one are lost.

Fat level 2: 1.5x lag, weight, and fall speed, 1/2 x run and midair speed. Second jump is lost.

Fat level 3: 2x lag, weight and fall speed, 1/3x run and midair speed. The only jump they can still use is their recovery special.

Eating yet another desert beyond level 3 will pitfall the foe, as they will become too heavy for the ground.

Additionally, their model expands comically to indicate their predicament. To lose a fat level, they have to move the length of final destination, or take 20% in damage.)

However, they can attack the boo at any time during the feeding, leaving Fawful's high-calorie desert on the ground. (Which can then be eaten like a normal food item, except it retains its previous high-calorie properties.) Therefore, Fawful will have to occupy the opponent in other ways to succeed with this.

Side B: Vacuum helmet activate!
Fawful's headgear starts sucking in air, pulling in anything within 3 stage builder blocks in front of Fawful at the rate of ganon's run. I have strategy! For in addition to manipulating my opponent, Fawful can move around my mechawful! (If an opponent is sucked in, they get grabbed. Mechawfuls can be moved around, but not vacuumed up.)

Up B: Activate headgear rockets
Fawful activates his headgear's jets, allowing you to recover with ease! Fawful will move in the direction you press the control stick at the speed of Bowser's run! (To prevent stalling, the headgear has limited fuel. This move has a maximum use of 5 seconds before Fawful touches solid ground, which should be more than enough to get back to the stage. Lag is minimal.)

I have smashes!

F-smash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsokgK6qcOo&feature=related (Attack is at 1:52)

Fawful brings a gun out from under his coat, and shoots 8 star-shaped bullets (purple, a bit smaller than kirby, the lead shot is pink and the same size as kirby), which proceed to rotate in a circle (radius 1 stage builder block) directly in front of Fawful. (The bottom would be just barely above the ground) Each bullet does 5% damage with okay horizontal knockback, however Fawful is unlikely to hit with more than a couple. However, I have defense! The bullets will continue rotating until the opponent hits the lead star with an attack of 5% or more, at which point they will vanish! I have chortles! For in the destroying or evading of this obstacle, the opponent will be as predictable as a 2-headed coin!

D-smash:

Fawfully-doo! Where are you?! Dark Star, needing you! Dark power, yoo-hoo! WHERE TO FIND YOU...

During the battle, Fawful can use this move to track the dark star! With 3 full seconds of uninterrupted tracking, the dark star will float onto the screen, moving around like a smash ball! Once found, Fawful will use his headgear to inhale it (via side special) like a hungry syrup pig at the free pancake buffet! And then and then and then AND THEN....

I will have... DARKNESS!

I will be powered up as Dark Fawful! And then fink-rat, try as you might, the resulting end will be the same! (Dark fawful moveset will be given after the main one.)

However, the tracking takes a long time, and is just begging the opponent to serve Fawful a mighty danger sandwich! Therefore, if I am to succeed, I must have distractions!

U-smash:
Fawful brings out a wrench (Out of where? I have video-game logic!) and repairs his Mechawful (restoring 15% of it's stamina uncharged, 25% charged) if it's nearby. Lag is average. Of course, if the Mechawful is far away or hasn't been summoned yet, then Fawful is just laughing at you!

I have tilts!

F-tilt:
Fawful brings out his remote and presses a button, causing the mechawful (if one is onstage) to swing its arms together, doing 8% with decent knockback and range directly in front of the robot. If no mechawful is onstage, Fawful merely shakes his head at you for being such idiots of foolishness! Lag is small.

D-tilt:
Fawful brings out the remote again (I have repetitiveness!) and after chuckling a little, presses the BIG RED BUTTON in the center, causing any mechawful (or fawfulcopter!) to blow up, doing a nice 15% and will be stunned for a moment. I have chortles! For if the opponent is attacking my minion, they will be sent flying away like an angry bird after pigs of green (and I'll be surprised if anyone gets that reference.). However, I must have prediction, as the lag of this move is not small.

U-tilt:
Fawful brings out the remote one last time (I am having the brain pain at the unimaginitiveness of this writer!), activating the mechawful's rockets. As long as you hold down the A button, the mechawful will fly around at the speed of Mario's run, doing 10% with good knockback. However, as the mechawful has speed, it does not have good turning, requiring a 2 stage builder block radius to fly in a circle. (However, this does make a really nice anti-air attack. Additionally, during the start-up lag, you can change the direction of flight easily with the control stick) Lag isn't good, so I must have carefulness!

Jab:
Fawful's headgear releases a blast of compressed air, pushing the opponent backwards a stage builder block. This has good range (for a jab) and speed, but the downside is that it doesn't actually do any damage. However, I am having a plan! With this move, Fawful can push the enemy into his Fsmash, or Mechawful! (Also, this move can push the Mechawful around.)

I have throws!

Grab:
The top of Fawful's headgear extends and swipes in front of him, grabbing anyone within a stage builder block of him. It's as quick as a normal grab, despite its good range.

Ultra-generic pummel:
Fawful punches the opponent for 1%. A slow pummel. I HAVE BOREDOM!

B-throw:
Fawful forces the opponent to eat a blorb mushroom, and then pushes them behind him. This throw does 3%, but seemingly has no other effects. However, I have laughter! For when the results screen is reached, the opponent will have grown to tremendous size, and be unable to engage in their normal victory/defeat animation! (Basically, a fun way to add insult to injury when you're blowing the opponent out of the water. However, this throw is otherwise useless, and the opponent has the frame advantage on Fawful, so don't use it in a close match!)

F-throw:
Fawful stuffs a Vaccuum shroom down the opponents throat, and then holds them still, while the opponent inhales objects like the hungry syrup pig at the free pancake buffet! Everything within 3 stage builder blocks in front of fawful will be inhaled by the opponent, including minions and high-calorie desserts! (If they inhale a robot, it explodes as if Fawful had used his D-tilt, while if they inhale a dessert, it's the same as if they had eaten it normally.) Once the opponent is finished with their gluttony, Fawful tosses them away as casually as a Hyrule temple, high items match!

HOWEVER! If the opponent inhales the dark star...

They take 30% damage as their system rejects the dark star, and causing them to throw up (and eject the dark star.)

Then, the Dark star transforms into a dark version of that character (as it absorbed their DNA during it's time inside the opponent). This new character will have stock/points/coins equivalent to the leader, 0% damage, level 9 AI, and a 1.5x damage/knockback buff to all its moves. So unless you take care of this new threat (and quickly)...

THE WINNER IS: The Dark Star! (So, obviously this is bad for all involved. That is, unless you're far behind and just want to spite your opponent... By the way, all of this also happens if the opponent eats the dark star of their own free will, via a move similar to Kirby's inhale)

U-throw:
Fawful attempts to lift the opponent, but fails, taking 5% damage as he collapses with the opponent on top of him. So what use is this? I have such strategy! It's an EXTREMELY laggy throw, taking a full 2 seconds to complete... and if Fawful had summoned a boo before grabbing the opponent, they will have to eat the desert during the enormous lag, helpless to do anything about it!

D-throw:
Fawful slams the opponent into the ground before tossing them forward (with the headgear this time, not just a simple push.) It does 8% with good horizontal knockback. Perfect for tossing the opponent away (preferably into the F-smash circle of stars...) and resetting the situation.

I have aerials!

N-air:
Fawful cries out "Fink-rat!", and the headgear shoots out a fireball straight ahead (travelling at mario's run speed), doing 8% and okay knockback. However, I am having a plan! By holding down the A button, the headgear will delay the shooting, and the control stick can modify the angle of the shot! And as lag is minimal, it is the perfect opportunity to surprise the opponent.

F-air:
I have aerial jab! Fawful's headgear releases a blast of compressed air, pushing the opponent backwards a stage builder block. (I have copy and paste!)

B-air:
Fawful's headgear shoots a small spray of fire behind him, doing 5% and bad lag on both ends. However, the flames linger throughout the end lag of the attack, making a decent defense for Fawful.

U-air:
The top of Fawful's headgear extends directly upwards (about a stage builder block in length), doing 7% damage and good horizontal knockback. (Another nice anti-air attack.) Begin lag is small, end lag isn't good.

D-air:
I have gravity! Fawful drops like a stone of heaviness, with super armor, doing 7% damage and nice horizontal knockback to whoever Fawful hits! (Basically an anti-juggling/return to earth move. Fawful really shouldn't spend a ton of time in midair.)

I have Darkness!

So Fawful has the dark star! I have such fury! Your lives that I spit on are but a caricature drawn by a kid that is stupid! With this, Fawful receives several buffs, as well as important changes to several of his moves!

Firstly, the Mechawful becomes AI controlled, allowing Fawful to focus on KO'ing the opponent! (However, you can still manually control it with your tilts if you so choose. As an added bonus, the D-tilt now does great knockback instead of stunning the opponent when it connects.)

Secondly, Fawful's existing attacks (those that aren't otherwise noted here) receive a 1.5x multiplier to damage and knockback. Additionally, the circle of stars left by the F-smash rotates twice as quickly.

Thirdly, Fawful's D-smash and Neutral special change to the following:

Down smash:
Fawful remains still for a second, as four small circles of dark energy rotate around him. Once that second is up, the balls of dark energy home in on the opponent at the speed of Mario's run, each a separate projectile that does 7% and good knockback.

Neutral B: Dark energy
Fawful charges for 1/3 of a second, gathering a large ball of dark energy (the size of bowser), and then throws it in the direction you press the control stick (It travels at the speed of Ganon's run). This large projectile does 10% damage and great knockback. (Also, Fawful's falling speed is slowed by half while using this move.)

I have playstyle!
(I'm dropping the Fawful accent here, as I have exhaustion.)

Fawful's entire playstyle centers around one goal, and that is to track and capture the Dark Star. However, this isn't an easy thing to do, as it takes several seconds of uninterrupted tracking to get the attack off. So, your first objective is to buy time. Start by summoning a fawfulcopter, as the Mechawful is a big part of your game.

Fawful is excellent at walling against the opponent. His F-smash is a ridiculously easy way to force an aerial approach, because if they destroy the obstacle, Fawful has a free shot at a grab, which means an easy victory feast!

So, when the opponent is jumping over your F-smash, then what? Well, you can push them back into the F-smash with an F-air, nail them with a fireball using N-air (excellent mindgame potential, as you can hold the attack while they airdodge, and THEN hit them.), grab them with Side Special, or create a mini-wall with B-air.

If you'd rather stay close to the ground, you can shorthop a U-air/N-air, or even stand back and jab them into the F-smash (although that would likely require some mindgames).

Anyway, once you've got the Mechawful ready, the next objective is to land Victory feast. Here you have several setup options.

1): Just let the boo drop some high-calorie deserts on the stage, and F-throw the opponent to make him vacuum them all up.

2): Stun him with a Mechawful explosion (D-tilt)

3): Summon the boo first, then U-throw the enemy. They'll be forced to eat the dessert while in lag.

Anyway, the thing about all of these is that they're high-risk, high-reward options. Fawful's best shot at grabbing the opponent is by using Side special as they're jumping over the obstacle, but if they predict it you'll likely eat an aerial, and be vulnerable to followup. Similarly, D-tilt has enough start up lag that it's only going to hit an opponent who's expecting a different attack. If you whiff with it, you've lost your mechawful for no gain.

Thankfully, once you've landed Victory feast the first time, it'll be much easier to hit with again, as the opponent will be laggier, slower, and less agile. And once you've fattened up the opponent considerably, just retreat behind your F-smash, then track and capture the dark star.

Once you've managed to grab the dark star Fawful's playstyle shifts from defense to pressure and KO'ing. Now the opponent has to deal with both you and the mechawful at the same time, and in addition, they're probably still fattened up from victory feast. While they're desperately trying to fend off the mechawful, simply bombard them with projectiles via D-smash or your neutral special for the KO.

So, now that you know what Fawful's goal is, how do you defend against him? Well, Fawful is trying to completely stall the opponent so he can

1) Get a Mechawful
2) Land Victory feast
3) Track Dark Star
4) Profit.

So, the best way to defeat Fawful is to be constantly on the offensive, and to pressure him at all times. Once you're past the F-smash and Mechawful, he really has very little in the way of options.

I have extras!

Final Smash:
If Fawful hasn't captured the Dark Star, he simply turns into Dark Fawful. However, if he has already captured the Dark Star...

The enemies are transported onto a scrolling flat stage (Think mushroomy kingdom without the blocks and holes in the floor) and Fawful appears in the center of the background, with a dark glow surrounding him. A wormhole appears on either side of him, and the corresponding dark portals appear on stage. One at ground level by the left blastzone, the other at the center of the top blastzone. Use the control stick to move the portals (left/right to control the top one, up/down to control the bottom.) The A button will cause Fawful to toss a dark blast to his left (it comes out the horizontal portal), the B button will cause Fawful to toss a dark blast to his right (causing it to come down the vertical portal.) The blasts are the size of bowser, travel at the speed of Cpt. Falcon's run, and do 20% damage with great knockback. After 20 seconds (or all other characters are KO'd), the stage returns to normal.

Taunt 1:
Fawful turns to the screen and cries out "I have fury!"

Taunt 2:
Fawful gives a maniacal laugh, before returning to normal.

Taunt 3:
Fawful folds his arms and says "Character X, meet Fury of Fawful!" (Where Character X is one of the opponents he's facing.)

Victory pose 1:
Fawful is sipping tea on the cozy couch, laughing at you!

Victory pose 2:
Fawful turns around and laughs at his enemies.

Victory pose 3:
Fawful says "One fell swoop is how I deal with you fink rats", and fires a cross pattern of fireballs at the defeated characters.

Loss pose:
Fawful appears in shadow bug form, saying "I have fury?"

half_silver28

Smash Ace
So we've got a set for Fawful here: we haven't seen a set for him since Ivoryflame's version in MYM2 I believe? Regardless, this is a quite a good effort from you, Nick. He has a nice game of setting traps and psuedo projectiles like the Victory Feast, and pushing foes into them. He can use the same forward smash to hide behind and bide his time to get a mechawful out or look for the Dark Star. One part you seem to have overlooked is his aerial prowess: with the long period of time he can fly with his Up B, he can summon fawfulcopters or look for the dark star while stalling in the air. I also like how the forward throw forces the Dark Star or food into the foe.

But there's still a lot of room for improvement. First of all, it's not good at all that he has 4 moves that are completely useless without a mechawful, all ground attacks. He's left with almost nothing in the way of physical attacks, something that he will definitely need if a foe gets in his face. I'd give those moves alternate functions if not used on a mechawful. I also feel like he should have a true projectile that he can use on the ground to keep with his campy nature (Victory Feast doesn't really count). There's also that back throw, which is essentially an easter egg that sucks as a move. Finally there's that first person Fawful writing style, which starts out pretty cool, but just turns sour when the actual move descriptions begin. You constantly slip in and out of first person, making it inconsistent. It's not a huge problem though. But you do leave out a few details that seem to be essential: such as how long he stays as Dark Fawful. There's also that instance of the Dark Star transforming into a clone of the foe in the forward throw: which is absolutely and completely broken, unless the clone will attack Fawful himself as well.

Overall, this was an entertaining set, there are a lot of well-executed concepts in here, but quite a few flaws as well. Looking forward to your next set, Nick!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Thanks for the comment. Anyway, a quick response to some of your concerns:

The way he's nigh-useless at close range without a mechawful was completely intentional, as I felt that remained really true to the source material. I mean, if you look at his fights in the games...

Superstar Saga, fight 1: He's the intro boss, and awful at combat.

Superstar Saga, fight 2: He's hiding inside a giant mech, and is vulnerable when outside it.

Bowser's inside story: He delays you with various stuff until he absorbs the dark star, THEN he's good in a 1 on 1 fight.

Also, Fawful isn't supposed to be able to use his Up special to just buy time in midair. It's true he can remain up there for a long time, but he can't actually do anything with that time.

(By the way, in the games Fawful will slip in and out of first person when talking as well. My favorite instance of this: "Beef? I am lacking in beef. Fawful is beefless." I admit I had some (okay, a lot of) trouble maintaining the accent as the set went on.)

One last thing, the dark clone that can be created from F-throw will attack Fawful as well. It was meant to be an outcome bad for all involved (similar to when Bowser ate the dark star in the game)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
*participates in MYM9*

@Fawful:

I don't really know anything about this character since I've never played the games he's in, but I'll give this a shot anyway. Fawful has some interesting things to do during battle, such as summoning his Mechawfuls and attempting to feed his opponent. I thought Victory Feast was a pretty interesting and entertaining. Fawful's interactions with his robots reminds me of my own Jack Spicer, but unlike the latter, who can attack (albeit weakly) when not managing robots, Fawful's a sitting duck. And I guess it can be argued either way whether or not that's a good or bad thing; seems like personal preference to me. It'd be nice if Fawful could summon more than one, though. The rest of his essential moves are pretty interesting, including that Forward Smash, and of course, the tracking of the Dark Star. It seems to be a good interpretation of Fawful into Smash (though I can't really judge that), and it all comes together pretty nicely in the end. You've got a good grip on this movesetting thing, Nicholas, keep up the good work! :bee:

Pikmin3000

Smash Rookie

A FATAL ERROR HAS OCCURRED
MissingNo has Joined the Brawl

Ah yes, MissingNo. The most infamous "Pokemon" to ever exist. A glitch that occurred along the coast of Cinnabar Island in the 1st Gen. games. An encounter with said glitch allowed players to duplicate items, which most players would abuse to get massive amounts of "Rare Candy". Catching MissingNo would have devastating effects on your game. It could cause huge graphics glitches and cause Pokemon to instantaneously dissapear. If a player tryed to level up this Pokemon, it would evolve into a Kangaskhan. So little is known about it's physical aspects since most of what is listed is just about a glitch. It's listed as a 10"0' Flying/Normal. Although, in this game, he plays the role of a comedic character in the SSE and even during battles. MissingNo may not have body parts but he doesn't let it get him down, he can mold his body when need be. If anyone has ever seen the Balance Board character from WiiFit, MissingNo moves around and expresses motion like that. MissingNo isn't that good at dealing damage, instead you'll have to "glitch" your opponents into S.D.ing, which makes him another character with a learning curve.

Stats:
  • Height - 10/10 - MissingNo is a mass of discombobulating pixels. "Canonically" he's ten feet tall so that's around what we'll go with here. He's a head taller than Ganondorf and about as wide.
  • Weight - 10/10 - Being as massive as he is, MissingNo is as heavy as Bowser. He's already a HUGE target so there's no point in making him an easy K.O. Unfortunately his massive size does him in when it comes to...
  • Speed - 1/10 - Oh geez, MissingNo doesn't even have feet. He just sort of slides around on that base of his. He's slower than any other "Canon" brawler. Bowser and Ganondorf can easily outrun MissingNo. But prices must be paid for the devistating attacks he has.
  • Aerial Speed - 1/10 - MissingNo is not a very aerial character, he has very little purpose to be in the air other than to unleash Aerial moves. MissingNo is not much of a jumper, and it's generally recommended that you don't play his airgame. The only character with slower Air Speed is Bowser.
  • Fall Speed - 6/10 - MissingNo has some leniency on fall speed due to his horrid jumping. Even so he's big and bulky so he doesn't float like a feather.
  • Traction - 10/10- A plus for not having feet and being slow. MissingNo can turn very quickly and stop almost instantly during running. This is very useful for some of his attacks.
  • Jump 1 & 2 - 1/10 - MissingNo sort of bounces into the air, he moves about 1/2 of a SBB upwards and can move forward about 1 SBB during this time. Both jumps are identical and only differ in animation. MissingNo sort of jiggles around while jumping, which makes him a slightly larger hitbox than usual. Hilariously, when MissingNo grabs a ledge a blob of pixels streches out of him to form an arm-like shape.

Special Traits:
  • Crouch = Yes (MissingNo scrunches up so that he's about 2/3s as tall.)
  • Crawl = No
  • Wall Jump = No

Poses:
  • Idle - MissingNo wobbles back and forth as if he were bouncing on his feet.
  • Bored - MissingNo points his "Face" downward and kicks the dirt with his flexible base.
  • Fight - MissingNo is shaking rapidly while spare pixels fly off of him.
  • Walk - MissingNo slugs forward on his base at a slow pace.
  • Run - MissingNo is hopping forward in a rapid motion while sweatdrops fly off.
  • Sprint - MissingNo begins to shoot fire from his back as his body shakes in a surpised motion.
  • Hurt/Burn - MissingNo's "stomach" bends inwards as his body flies back.
  • Stun - MissingNo's pixels scatter all over as they begin to reform into him.
  • Sleep - MissingNo falls face first on the floor as a snooze bubble appears over him.
  • Swim - MissingNo will belly flop in the water as if he were as fish on dry land.
  • Drowning - MissingNo's flop is now more frantic as water splashes everywhere.
  • Item Grab - A blob of pixels streches out and grabs the item, and then reforms at MissingNo's side.
  • Item Carry - The item magically sticks to MissingNo's right side.
  • Weapon Swing - MissingNo twists his torso in order to swing the attached weapon forward
  • Spicy Curry - MissingNo changes color through a ROYGBV spectrum at a rapid pace while flailing around.
  • Hammer - The hammer sprouts from MissingNo's forehead as he bends forward to hit the opponent.

----------​

Show Them Ya' Moves!​
$p3(ial /\/\0v3$!!!

• Standard B: Freeze Glitch Since glitches are mostly known for freezing your game, MissingNo brings that element with him here. Tap B and a cloud of pixels will form directly in front of MissingNo while he shakes wildly. Anyone caught in the 1 Sq. SBB large cloud will be frozen in the current frame their character is in, they are stuck and cannot move or be moved by anyone else. Any projectiles that they've launched are still in motion though, but they can no longer control the trajectory (Sucks to be Pit or Snake). The enemy is frozen for about 1.5 seconds and takes no damage from the freezing. They can still take damage, but knockback will not apply. This attack has little start-up lag, but MissingNo cannot perform it very rapidly. MissingNo has a swarm of mix-matched pixels floating around his body and these pixels form the cloud. The cloud stays in place for about 1 second, and then travels back to MissingNo at a rate of 2 SBBs per Second. MissingNo has a variety of glitches to screw up his opponents, so the strategy here is to freeze them and pummel them with more glitches.

• Side B: Control Glitch (2-6%) Aside from Freezing, this is your next big glitch. MissingNo will lunge his belly forward and a giant arrow will jump out about 1.5 SBBs. This attack has some frames of start-up lag, where MissingNo's attack can be stopped, so it's best to time it before the opponent get's to you. You can hold down "B" in order to hold the attack, but MissingNo will stay in a state of preparedness, so it's easy for your foe to just walk away upon seeing this. End lag is minor, as MissingNo just bounces back into shape like rubber. This actually does deal some damage and moderate knockback. Any opponent afflicted by this will have their controls messed up on their joystick. The Up, Down, Left, and Right directions will randomly switch with one another. This makes it very hard for your opponent to come back and hit you. This effect will last for about 4-6 seconds and the opponent will have comedic birds circling their head whilst afflicted. This glitch is one of your many keys to getting your opponent to S.D.

• Down B: Duplication Glitch It's very fun to screw up your opponents with this big whammy. Hold down the combination and MissingNo will flash red for two seconds. If he is hit during this time-period he'll have to start over. After the time is complete a giant 3 Sq. SBB Bubble will form around MissingNo. The terrain behind & under him will be copied as three replicate bubbles form across the stage. Opponents, Items, Assists, and such caught in the flash will all be seperated randomly into one of the 3 bubbles. As well, you'll be placed into one of the three bubbles as well. Yes, like Silver, MissingNo can bend the stage itself. All platforms in the original bubble will transfer to the copies, so you don't have to worry if it forms over the edge of the stage. The best thing to do with this is duplicate stage hazards and seperate your opponents. If you replicate an area within a bubble, it will just copy as what was under the bubble. MissingNo can only have one set of bubbles at a time. If he uses this move again, all the prior bubbles are erased when he starts the attack. You can use this to your advantage though to force your opponents out of the bubbles. On a moving stage, the bubbles will not move and stay in place on the screen. You can use this effect in the DK and Ice Climbers stages to duplicate hazards such as Spikes and Water. You are no longer safe from the evil FISH!

• Up B: Fly (2-5%) Quite possibly the simplest move MissingNo has. Canonically, since he is a Flying type he can use the move Fly. MissingNo will simply align himself horizontally and point upwards like MK does at the end of his Shuttle Loop. MissingNo's jump attack makes up for his crappy jumps. This attack actually deals damage to anyone who touches the front of MissingNo. The person(s) hit will be dragged with MissingNo for the remainder of his jump. Like a lot of gliding jumps, you can aim this one. In total it can travel 3 SBB horizontally and 1 SBB vertically, or 1 SBB horizontally and 3 SBB vertically, or somewhere between those two.

----------​

The B@5ic5​

• Standard A/Tap A: Spark Glitch (1-3%) Now we get into the glitches that you stack on your opponents. Spark Glitch is a rather weak moves but is easy to perform. Simply press A, and MissingNo will shake off a jolt of tiny sparks forward. MissingNo can shoot off one jolt of sparks every 1.75 seconds, counting lag time. They have 1 SBB range and very little lag. The sparks will always hit an enemy in range even if the are shielding or dodging. If any opponent is hit by them, it'll seem to do nothing more than a small amount of damage and no knockback, but this move has relevance for another attack. The opponent will have small sparks flying off of them for about 10 seconds, and you can stack this attack onto one opponent three times max. Every time you zap them, their time goes back to 10 seconds. An opponent will have more rapid sparks flying off of them for every time they are charged.

[*]Down Smash: Game Breaker Now this is a deadly move. This is how you use and abuse those sparks from earlier. MissingNo will have to charge this move for about two seconds, and while he is a target it's well worth the wait. If you aren't hit after the wait, MissingNo will stretch upwards as a lightning bolt hits him. Every player on the stage who was charged by MissingNo's sparks will suddenly freeze for a quarter of a second, and then go back to normal. So what was the point? Well, for every level of charge accumulated on an opponent, they lose the ability to do one move. That's right, MissingNo can literally take away a character's attacks. The moves taken away will be chosen at random, and will not be taunts. Whenever an opponent performs one of these moves, they will instead play through a "Hurt" animation and take 3-5%. The point of this one is to scare the others into not attacking you. (So in total a character can lose up to three moves that may be very valuable to them). After using "Game Breaker", MissingNo cannot use "Spark Glitch" or "Game Breaker" until 15 seconds later when the effects wear off. This move is deadly in the right hands, but MissingNo's lack of speed makes it hard to pull of a devastating one.

[*]Side Smash: Shield Destroyer Yep, all of MissingNo's smashes manage to abuse the Sparks. Like "Game Breaker" this move has varying effectiveness based on how well your opponent was sparked, you cannot use "Spark Glitch" again until 15 seconds later, and is hard to pull off on multiple opponents with the desired effect. MissingNo twists his body in a tornado while a bunch on bubbles pop in the background. Sometimes when sparked players hit "L" or "R" they will be jolted with a small zap which deals "3-5%". Player who were sparked once have a 33% percent chance of this happening, while twice is 66%, and thrice is 100%. If your opponents are going to play blocky, dodgy then this is the perfect move to screw them over for 15 seconds. It's even more fun since the "Spark Glitch" can't be dodged.

[*]Up Smash: Screen Loop This smash will catch any zapped opponent and force them to re-do the last 2.5 seconds of their movement. For every level of charge, that opponent will loop their last actions once more. This is a fun move to use, since while your opponent is stuck in their loop they can still be damaged (but without knockback, stun, or any effect). This move's not the best for solo MissingNo since his attacks deal little damage, but in teams this move is murder (especially on stages that have moving hazards).However, this move cannot be used to K.O. them on a moving stage, they simply follow the screen in this case (and have all their jumps back at the end). Please note though, if the enemy's loop involves an attack, they can still hurt you or your opponent with it. All items and projectiles created by the loop will disappear with every playback. This move has a shorter play time than the other two, so yes you only have a min. of 2.5, max. of 7.5 seconds of delay for "Spark Glitch". Now have fun pissing people off.​

• Dashing + A: Void Slide If MissingNo is dashing and taps "A", he'll begin to slide forward as a Void forms under him. The void is basically and area that can be fallen through, even on platforms. MissingNo only has 4 SBBs worth, but doesn't have to use it all at once. He can tap "A" again to end his slide early and create more void on different areas of the stage. If you exceed the 4 SBB limit, old void will start erasing itself. This move is used for assurance, that your glitches will do your opponent in, by creating more gaps for them to dodge. If MissingNo hits a person or wall while sliding he will abruptly stop and shake himself off for a little second. Items are dragged in front of him. The best part is MissingNo can walk over the voids! But enemy MissingNos can as well, so beware.

• Downward Tilt: Sinking Glitch (4-7%) Quite a fun move, MissingNo grows a hand-like appendage out of it's side and slaps in a 2 Sq. SBB area. Any opponent hit by this attack will suffer small damage and knockback, but also suffers a glitch effect. For the next 10 seconds, the opponent will sink 1 SBB per second going through any terrain on the way. They don't freefall, every second they just sort of get incased in a flash and teleport. Your opponent is now forced to jump continuously to prevent their own death. If the opponent is caught in terrain during a teleportation, they will teleport inside it and have the opportunity to jump out.

• Sideways Tilt: Slug Glitch (3-5%) MissingNo shoots a clock-like arm out of his side about 2.5 SBB. If an opponent is hit by this glitch they suddenly slow down about 10%. This glitch lasts about 10 seconds and causes your opponent to move slower (10%) every second. Using this attack on an opponent already affected will not do anything, although it does deal a moderate amount of knockback.

• Upward Tilt: Framerate Glitch (4-7%) Lethal when used correctly. MissingNo flails his "head" forward a bout 1.5 SBB and deals high knockback. tThis move causes your opponent to stop every 2 seconds in mid-motion (for about .5 seconds). This means they can fall, while travelling over a specific void. . It's very fun to screw over your opponents jumping.

• Aerial A: Air Cancel MissingNo spins a 360 once. If he is touching an opponent, they are immediately put into the free fall state. If you an time it after they attempt their triple jump to really ruin them. It doesn't deal any damage or knockback, but it's a good finisher when your opponent is too glitched to recover.
  • Aerial + Movement: Teleport Ah yes, a quick escape. If you are about to be attacked, or have glitched your opponent off of an edge that's not a void, this is your recovery, somewhat. MissingNo doesn't have aerial movement attacks. Instead he can warp 3 SBBs in any direction you point your joystick. You cannot teleport more than once during 1 period of airbourneness.

----------​

Gr@b5​
  • Grab & Pummel (1-3%) MissingNo reaches out an arm-like structure and grabs forwards about 1 SBB. Press the "A" button and MissingNo will send a small jolt of electricity into the opponent that does a small amount of damage. MissingNo's throws are some of his strongest moves, so don't spend to much time pummeling your opponent.
  • Throw + Up: Invisible (10-12%) MissingNo tosses the opponent upward 4 SBB with some damage and a giant flash appears over them, which only damages, and doesn't deal knock-back. After the flash disappears, your opponent will look as though they had just grabbed a Cloaking Device from Melee. As we know, these devices cause more wrong than right. Let's hope your opponent has the eyes of a hawk, otherwise it'll be easy for them to plummet to their demise with a simple wrong move activated by layers of glitches. Your friends will grow to hate you for using this move.
  • Throw + Side: Frozen (10-12%) MissingNo tosses the opponent to the indicated side 3 SBB and a giant snowflake flashes over them. This throw also doesn't deal knockback. The opponent is now encased in ice as if they had been struck by a freezie. The best thing to do with this move is to toss your immobilized opponent into a void that you have created. Again another move to piss off your friends.
  • Throw + Down: Pitfall (10-12%) MissingNo tosses the opponent downward 3 SBB (or until they hit land). The opponent is then affected as though a Pitfall had hit them. Causing them to fall into the land, or through the platform. Use this move to put your opponents into a state where they are helpless to your glitches.

-------
Final Smash
Kangaskhan Rampage

"What the... MissingNo is evolving!" So says an old-school RBY Pokemon text box at the bottom of the screen. Yes, if you ever evolved MissingNo it turned into a Pokemon we thought didn't have a chain of evolution. Kangaskhan doesn't have a full moveset since the transformation is only as long as Wario-man, but now MissingNo can score huge K.O.s without having to glitch his opponents. A bright flash engulfs the screen, and suddenly, all of your opponents are brought onto a platform that looks like the opponent end of a Pokemon Battle. It is about 7 SBBs long and is a fall-through platform. You are put in control of the menu screen on Kangaskhan. So yeah, you're invincible during this part. Move your cursor along the four attack moves and fire away with the A button. After using one move, you must wait a total of three seconds before you may select it again, as indicated by the bar of charge below the name. So be sure to use your moves quickly, because they can overlap one another.

• Hammer Arm - The top left command. This causes a giant Kangaskhan arm to descend upon the middle 3 SBBs of the platform. This attack happens super-fast and deals 9% with each hit + massive knockback. Combine with other moves to make undodgable attacks. After it falls, your foes can stand on it, until it disappears 1.5 seconds later
  • Flamethrower - The top right command. A giant ball of fire (2 Sq. SBBs) shoots from the left of the platform and travels slowly to the right. It takes about 4 seconds for it to make the full journey. It floats about 1 SBB above the platform, so it's easy to dodge if you're Kirby or Jigglypuff. If it touches you it drags you forward and deals 2-3% for every SBB traveled. So jump out, fast.
  • Rock Smash - The bottom left command. Small boulders appear, about 6 SBBs high, above 4 random spaces and fall after about .5 seconds, and impact about 1 second later. Getting hit by a boulder deals 5-7% and moderate knockback w/flinching. The boulder will keep moving after it hits, though. When it reaches the ground, anyone stand 1 SBB away from the boulder will take 1-2% and small flinching from the shrapnel. The shrapnel cannot hit someone in the air, however, so take advantage of this. The shrapnel disappears immediately upon hitting the ground.
  • Dig - Dirt will fly up from three adjacent spaces on the platform. The dirt acts the same as the boulder shrapnel. As the dirt flies out, a giant Kangaskhan fist that is 3 SBB wide and 2 SBB tall will pop out for a second and deal 9-11% damage with massive knockback. The fist also has the same dissapearing time as the arm, so it can also be used as a platform by opponents.

After his time is up, the stage will suddenly revert back to normal in another flash with everyone at their indicated match start positions, unless they were K.O.'d in which case they'll appear in the center on their floating platform. For some inexplicable reason Kangaskhan also turns back into MissingNo.

Playstyles

MissingNo’s Offensive: The offensive game with this “Pokemon” is quite a hard one to pull off. The best options are to Spark the hell out of your opponents and then hit them with one of your hard-hitting smashes that cause them nothing but grief. Freeze Glitch and Framerate Glitch are ideal if you are looking to do damage. Be sure to abuse the Void and Duplication Glitches in order to mess with the terrain and make it easy to K.O. your opponent. Basically stack glitch after glitch to create a desired effect. Your throws are great start, since they can incapacitate your enemy and then follow up with some Spark action, add as many other glitches as you can and attempt to get them into a void. You could glitch them into doing it, or maybe throw them in.

MissingNo’s Defensive: TELEPORT! Quickly, jump and teleport. Do this to get away from opponents. They may be faster than you, but they can’t predict where you’ll warp to. If you’re tagteaming or just trying to save your skin the best defense is to act like a coward. Teleport far from your opponents, but not too far, you still want to get the occasional glitch off on them. You won’t have to run away often though, MissingNo is strong and durable, so hopefully weaker attacks won’t be much of hinderance. This strategy is more often used for team gameplay, since MissingNo can glitch an opponent and let his partners do the dirty work for him.

Match-Ups

VS.

(90:10 MissingNo’s Favor)

Pros:
• Dedede is a big target
• Dedede is slow
• Dedede attacks relatively slow
• MissingNo has relatively fast attacks
• Dedede’s Jump is very prone to motion glitches
• Dedede has less range than MissingNo
• Glitch piling is easier on big characters
• Dedede realies heavily on airgame which MissingNo can stop.
• MissingNo can easily teleport out of range.

Cons:
• MissingNo is a big target
• MissingNo is slow​

VS.

(70:30 MissingNo’s Favor)

Pros:
• ATHF is a trap based character.
• They regroup time
• They have lag on switching leaders
• ATHF is moderately slow
• ATHF requires lot’s of understanding to play properly
• Attacks for ATHF are relatively weak in DMG
• Group characters are bigger targets for glitches
• MissingNo is bulky and strong

Cons:
• MissingNo is a big target
• MissingNo is Slow
• MissingNo is a huge character making him victim to traps very easily
• ATHF can pull off a wide variety of moves
• Group characters deal more damage​

VS.

(20:80 John Marston’s Favor)

Pros:
• John Marston has relatively weak attacks.
• Glitches can ruin projectile weapons.
• Marston is not a very defensive character.
• MissingNo is a bulky character

Cons:
• MissingNo is a huge target
• MissingNo is a slow target
• MissingNo has no ranged moves.
• John has a ranged move easy for spamming.
• John can outrun MissingNo.
• He can shoot you after you teleport.
• Slow characters are easier to dynamite K.O.​

VS.

(0:100 Ultimate Chimera’s Favor)

Really, this requires no explanation. MissingNo is incredibly slow, and Ultimate Chimera can OHKO him quite easily. Why did this character get so much praise, again?​

Battle Related Extras

Costumes:
1. Normal MissingNo
2. Charizard Colors MissingNo (Red Team)
3. Mudkip Colors MissingNo (Blue Team)
4. Rayquaza Colors MissingNo (Green Team)
5. Zoroark Colors MissingNo
6. Arceus Colors MissingNo

Enterance: MissingNo opens a rift in space and walk through it onto the stage.

Taunt 1: MissingNo pulls a piece of Rare Candy out of thin air and chomps it with his non-existant face.
Taunt 2: MissingNo wiggles around like a piece of Jell-O.
Taunt 3: MissingNo morphs into the shape of a random 1st Gen Legendary. He still looks like scrambed pixels though.

Win 1: A wild Kangaskhan is rocking MissingNo to sleep in her arms.
Win 2: A spotlight shines on MissingNo as he attempts to moonwalk.
Win 3: MissingNo picks up a Pokeball, only for it to multiply into two Pokeballs. He keeps attempting this until a pile of 10 Pokeballs sits next to him. Afterwards, he slouches over in disappointment.

Loss: MissingNo looks from side to side, to realize he has no hands to clap with. After 5 seconds a “?” appears over his head.

Victory Music: :00 - :03 of This

Solid Snake’s Codecs…
Incoming Transmission!!!

Snake: Hey Colonel, what’s with the blob?

Campbell: That’s MissingNo, Snake! Be careful, he’s the deadliest Pokemon out there!

Snake: Pokemon? Looks more like a pile of MSPaint junk.

Campbell: MissingNo isn’t a “real” Pokemon, Snake. He’s a phenomena that occurred while Pokemon trainers attempt to surf the coasts of Cinnabar Island. He’s been known to duplicate items, cause strange glitches, evolve into a Kangaskhan and even destroy the game itself!

Snake: This is sounding kinda creepy… Give me Psycho Mantis any day.

Campbell: Be careful Snake, if he glitches you he’ll cause serious problems for you.

Snake: I’ll try my best, but how are we sure it’s a he? It evolves into Kangaskhan right?

Campbell: Try not to think about it…

Snake: Eugh…

Kirby Hat - 8-Bit Kirby​

SubSpace Emmisary

Role in SSE

Scene 1: After Ganondorf directs Bowser on the video monitor, you’ll see MissingNo bouncing around excitedly behind Ganondorf. Once the villain turns around, MissingNo’s body goes stiff into a salute-like pose. Ganondorf then hands a manilla folder to MissingNo, inside are pictures of Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf. Ganondorf points to the door, and MissingNo sadly leaves.

Scene 2: We see Jigglypuff performing on a stump in the forest while MissingNo waits to ambush her. You must then fight as Jigglypuff and beat MissingNo in a generic forest level. After the fight, Jiggs revives MissingNo and he begins to break down crying. Jiggs comforts MissingNo and pats him on the back. Suddenly the SSA attacks! You then pick a character and proceed to fight your way towards the edge of the forest.

Scene 3: MissingNo and Jigglypuff have been travelling for a while now, they are now at a beach. They find a beached pirate ship with Toon Link aboard. MissingNo and Jiggs looks at him, and approach him together. Toon Link shakes Jigglypuff’s hand and MissingNo’s “arm” as the three begin to talk amongst each other. They start repair TL’s ship together and he begin’s to sail off. However, he is attacked by none other than Wolfen. MissingNo and Jiggs jump aboard the ship as a fight between the three characters and Wolfen begins.

Scene 4: Wolfen explodes and Wolf pops out of the wreckage. The team ties him up and puts him in a barrel. Wolf rather annoyed, begins to struggle. However, as the ship continues to sail it wanders into the air battle that occurs near the end. Your ship is bombarded by generic enemies. The crew decides to untie Wolf and a fight ensues (30 SSE Enemies) ending with a Greap and an Armank.

Scene 5: The four have made their way into Subspace and everyone has already entered the new world. MissingNo points toward the portal and everyone marches in.

Scene 6: Dedede’s team comes across MissingNo’s team in the Cavern area of Subspace. Thinking that they are enemies, MissingNo’s team attacks you. A battle ensues, and Dedede conquers. Dedede finds MissingNo’s paper and figures that MissingNo was probably taking prisoners. Kirby revives Jigglypuff, Ness revives Toon Link and John Marston revives Wolf. Dedede makes a hand motion urging the new fighters to come along. However, Jiggs and Toon Link point at MissingNo’s trophy, reluctantly Dedede revives MissingNo who shares a group hug with Toon Link and Jigglypuff. Wolf who is irked by the whole situation, groans in annoyance as everyone else gets acquainted.

---
MissingNo Complete! Thank GOD!

Smady

Smash Master
With XP Tan, it strikes me as odd just how many interactions and fillers you have when you start out with such a strong character – it's basically the one complaint I can level at the set. Simply, many of the inputs are wasted fulfilling very little in terms of actual functionality, which seems just lazy in comparison to how you're usually so efficient about this kind of thing. It's even stranger when you consider that this set is superbly written, organised and has a collection of fine minis and other extras that personify this elaborate meme beyond what was originally intended.

The windows are clearly the best part about the whole set – even surpassing the wonderful visuals, being that you have so many interactions with them that work not only in a lateral trap sense, but also in actually develop XP Tan's character a lot too. Far from just piling together a bunch of generic mechanics that manipulate the windows, you go out of your way to make it all interconnect so that there's a tangible playstyle; this being far improved on your original “bites” mechanic, which isn't that strong. It's not so much that it's out-of-character – which is impossible to do with what is basically an original character here – it simply does not mesh well with the portal-like functions of windows.

Saying that, this comment has been rather negative. I suppose because I'm nitpicking, due to how absolutely stunning this moveset is organised: the different persuasions of XP's programs, the excursions into YouTube with those hilarious “comments” reminiscent of Hector's playstyle and the writing style are some of the best of said attributes I've ever had the pleasure to read. You really outdid yourself in every respect in terms of presentation and you even go the lengths in trying to build a reputable amount of extras in the topical minis, which further highlights the dense amount of work put into this set. You can easily criticise the main set, but it really goes further as a piece of work in determining its own objectives, to which it succeeds with flying colours.

On the Gelatinous Cube, it simply has to be said that you could have filled up an entire moveset of inputs. Previously, sets like Nosepass and Fat Zombie [despite being a joke set] were able to achieve this – here, I do see more potential, even with such a narrow, barely-moving character like this one. Despite that, what is here is rather interesting; you are very good at describing moves in a way that sounds threatening, while still kind of jesting. What Cube does isn't particularly original, as a matter of fact, but it does achieve to the point of portraying a slothful brick that barely works in Smash, held back by its awkward size and shape. I would love to see you try and do a real moveset after this now – so get cracking, Zooky boy.

I had the misfortune of Fawful being your first set I could give a good read to, Nicholas, so I can't grade your improvements since your first set – though it has to be said, you have become a touch competent with making movesets in a short amount of time. The set is surprisingly well written for your level of experience, with plenty of quips that generated a couple of chuckles on my end – you do take the Fawful character to the bank with all of his sayings, fitting diatribes and generally are a bastion for more in-character moveset making, it seems, which has its ups and downs.

With the actual moveset, I do love a few mechanics in concept alone. With the Mechawful, you're able to elaborate on the “evil genius” aspect of Fawful better through making it more of a dead-eyed summon that you can control [though inputs are spent on controlling it far too liberally]. Literally tracking down the Dark Star is great for several reasons: mostly, in just how much of a dead-on reference it is to much of Bowser's Inside Story's plot and Fawful's deviations in that game. And as well, the particularly quirky dopplegangers you can create with your throw. What is showing of your time with us in Make Your Move, is you don't go far enough in expressing these concepts – you have a lot of them, and they're very good on an idea level, but with none of them do you develop them to satisfy our tastes for playstyle.

The playstyle itself is again lacking in depth, but works on the fundamental levels and actually references the character, while at the same time etching out its own characteristics to differentiate it from others; you have the basics down for it. Certainly, what you need to get better on for future sets is very simple – define each individual input to have its own purpose, link in as much of the rest of the moveset as you can, even if it means linking up different mechanics and try to connect this all to a functioning playstyle – which you have here, but on a small scale. Though I have to say, this is not bad for your third set at all.

Onto Airman, who is such a delightfully simple moveset, it's to no surprise that the author was the person who gave us Diglett. This moveset goes a way in being less than contemptible, while using so many of those same projectiles in so many different inputs – it's almost painfully simple, but fitting to the core and facilitates a fairly interesting playstyle later on. What the set strikes me as mostly is one that was able to capitalise on a great mechanic, but I'm not sure if it really comes together nearly as well as Diglett – which is another non-shocker, considering the hubris to which the set was made, and in such a short time. You practically tell the reader in pain with so many uses of the “waddle doo” line.

The writing in this is another very simple adjustment to your usual style, being that it expresses the function of most inputs with as simple a measure as it can. It comes across as both efficient, but also somewhat unhelpful – more often than not, you do seem to ink in a bit of a dolt line to hit the reader on the head about how the playstyle is all about tornados. It isn't exactly insulting – though it creates a strangely passive-aggressive writing style when combined with the repetitive nature of said line. When you finally come to tell us exactly what these darn tornados do, it is somewhat of a relief.

Aside from that, the organisation is, as expected, superb while remaining appropriately laden with references to retro gaming what with MegaMan being the source material. It's not your best, obviously, but again given the time restraints, it's commendable what you did with it. Certainly, it's my favourite three-hour set of yours yet, and in a contest full of your efforts, it's a great little love letter to simpler design mythos that we've all come to expect of your talent. Great movesetting as always, commander in chief.

I would comment on Missingno at this point regularly, but without a playstyle section, it is kind of hard for me to fully process my thoughts. I'll come back to this one when completed with proper feedback - though I was a fan of all of the randomness; I've read it, it's excellent for the writing style and pulling off Missingno better than its Make Your Move 5 incarnation, but it'd be unfair to judge it as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom