• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Palanquill.
Poison/Rock. If you know what a palanquin is then you can kinda imagine what it looks like, it's a floating creature whose main body is mostly cover in poisonous spikes, and the carrying poles are jointed and can bend/move like regular arms.

Abilities: Levitate/Poison Point

HP: 90
Atk: 105
Def: 150
SpAtk: 45
SpDef: 50
Spe: 60

BST: 500

Moves TBD.

Wanted to post something.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Palanquill.
Poison/Rock. If you know what a palanquin is then you can kinda imagine what it looks like, it's a floating creature whose main body is mostly cover in poisonous spikes, and the carrying poles are jointed and can bend/move like regular arms.
You mean like this?

Interesting!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
yup =D

i tried to visualize what type it would be, but rock honestly seemed to fit best, considering stuff like sudowoodo and how the wood/rock look could be similar. Plus rock/poison is a nice physically defensive typing that would let it be a unique Pokémon, unique concept, etc. with a new type combo to play around with.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Trying to think of an evolution to Absol? Obscure base stat spread is obscure. The name is in the works, so I'm trying to combine "Abs-" and something negative like disaster or something.

Absaster
Type: Dark / Fighting
Ability: Pressure / Super Luck
Dream World: Quick Feet
Stats: 79 / 145 / 70 / 80 / 70 / 96

Movepool shenanigans later.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
flying christ, 145 STAB Sucker Punch....
Absol already has the strongest priority move in the game. Why not take it further? :awesome:

Absaster @ Life Orb
Quick Feet / Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk. / 252 Spd.
~ Swords Dance
~ Sucker Punch
~ Superpower
~ Substitute / Will-o-Wisp / Psycho Cut

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Too bad that STILL loses to weezing AND bulky ghosts since you didn't give it psycho cut.
There. I edited it in. Weezing would indeed be an issue without Psycho Cut, but Absaster could theoretically Substitute on their switch-in, blocking stupid Will-o-Wisp / Hypnomiss and just beast with Sucker Punch.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Couldn't it just take the will-o-wisp since it has Quick Feet? Or does burn still effect attack even with Quick Feet?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
How about an armadillo?

Armarior
Type: Rock / Steel
Ability: Battle Armour / Rock Head
Dream: Sand Strength
Stats: 130 / 100 / 150 / 50 / 50 / 50

Offensive Movepool: Earthquake, Rock Tomb, Rollout, Rockslide, Level Ground, Knock Down, Metal Claw, Iron Head, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Scratch

Support Movepool: Stealth Rock, Defense Curl, Iron Defense, Sand Attack, Mud Sport, Scary Face

Something something something. Mach Punch > Armarior.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Mach Punch indeed. And Earthquake too. I like the idea though; there isn't really an armadillo Pokemon yet. I had an idea for an armadillo Pokemon once; it was called Armordillo (but that was the name of a Transformer's toy I used to have too).

JOE!

Smash Hero
Biggedy bump....

so, who'd want to help me revive the thread after a few month hiatus?

also, at this point i think we have a lot more material with 5th gen to work from (moves, abilities, etc) to get some new stuff out, and at this point we also have reached I think over 100 pokes.

I think it may be time for the first community "Dex Vote"?

As in, from the entries thus far we can decide what would go into our "official" dex, and what stays behind in the thread, as well as move onto specific projects like the story, making pics for chosen pokemon, etc, etc...

(speaking of 5th gen, holy crap look back some pages:

Fire/bug moth, levitating electric eel, elec net, regeneration, ghost/fire lamp....O.O)

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Mach Punch indeed. And Earthquake too. I like the idea though; there isn't really an armadillo Pokemon yet. I had an idea for an armadillo Pokemon once; it was called Armordillo (but that was the name of a Transformer's toy I used to have too).

Im pretty sure you are forgetting the Bug/Rock pokemon Armaldo

IMO its clearly a Armadillo pokemon.

Also i have no idea if you have an ice/bug pokemon on your list. But i demand one. lol. My suggestion if you dont have one.

1st Stage: Imitation Icicle Pokemon (Based on insects that disguise themselves as leaves/sticks.)
Dex Entry: "This pokemon clings to the ceiling of caves and disguises it self as an icicle and drops down on its unsuspecting prey and sucks their blood." or something
Look: Something similar to that of the kamikaze enemies in the metriod series. They hang on the ceiling and fall and explode on Samus.
Stats: Mid to high speed with minimal to average bulk. Physical attacker.
Ability: Sturdy/Snow Cloak

2nd Stage: Frost Beatle Pokemon
Dex Entry: "Can climb any rocky surface. It's shrieks are known to cause avalanches."
Looks: Some combination of Ice and a Beatle.
Stats: Low to Mid speed with high bulk and average Atk and SpAtk
Ability: Sturdy/Sheer Force

Move Set: Something like this
Leech Life
Bide/Barrage/Icicle Spears
Ice Shard
Super Sonic
Screech
Steam Roller
Icicle Crash
Protect
Self Destruct
Hyper Voice

JOE!

Smash Hero
1) sandshrew is an armadillo (kinda)

2) how the heck is Armaldo close to an armadillo outside of the name? :p

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Forgot about sandshrew. But it might just be the name. But when i hear armadillo and the attempt at an armadillo pokemon i instantly thought of Armaldo. Either way to me the way its shaped, and the placement of the armor plates. It looks like it could easily roll up into a ball like well... sandshrew. lol.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Saying armaldo is clearly an armadillo is like saying shuckle is clearly a turtle (he appears to be loosely based off of scale insects, mold and other decomposers, and earthworms)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Just posting for some broken pokémon fun.

Name: You think of one

Type: Steel/Ghost
Ability: Levitate

HP: 109
Atk: 60
Def: 81
SpAtk: 137
SpDef: 100
Spe: 113

Yay for making broken pseudo legendaries

Note how physical fire isn't THAT common and he's immune to ground, so he only has one weakness. Also he takes the common priority moves well. Yay.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
Alright, oh boy, um...
I've got some starter ideas, my trio is a GFW trio inside a GFW trio.
Grass starter becomes Grass/Water, Water starter becomes Water/Fire, and Fire starter becomes Fire/Grass.
Grass Starters:

Water Starters:

Fire Starters:

JOE!

Smash Hero
(Swordfish)

Steel/Water

1) Speed Boost
2) ~
DW) Adaptability

78 / 116 / 81 / 80 / 75 / 90

*shrug*

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Smogon would ban it.

LOL

I don't like those guys.

Starlite13

Smash Rookie
Hi peeps. I'm new here. This is my pokemon

Apologies if this is just a load of words (as i said, frst time)

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
damn was this in black and white or did u make this up?

EDIT: idk any of the pokemon in black/white because i heard it was terrible.
Not true, Black and White is perhaps the best pokemon game in a while. Also, that pokemon is Bouffalant, and it is not a bull, it is a buffalo (Which is why it doesn't evolve from Tauros)

JOE!

Smash Hero
@Swift Swim vs Speed Boost:

Swift Swim is so overused, I wanted to try and emphasize this guy would be all about speed no matter the environment

UberMario

Smash Master
(+200 of ubermario's but they're not as fleshed out sadly)
I might go ahead and draw "rough" drawings for them in GIMP. The swf-dex was practically dead when I posted that, so I kind of just stopped working on it . . . . .

Kommander Kol

Smash Rookie
So,this is all about original ideas for anything Pokemon related? If it's still going,I'd like to get some input on the Pokemon I've come up with...I can't draw,but I'll try to give as good a description as I can of them. Any form of criticism is fine to me,so long as it's still constructive. I haven't come up with stats or move-sets yet,but I'd love some criticism on the idea of the Pokemon.

Name: Sapleef
Type: Grass
Classification: The Sapling Pokemon
HT: 1' 0''
WT: 5lbs
Ability: Overgrow
Evolves: Level 15

Sapleef is bulb-like in shape;most of it's body is rounded,but it gets thinner and more pointed at its top. Two leaves protrude from each side of this young shoot at its head. Sapleef is a light brown color,with a few dappling spots of green on its feet.

Sapleef are very shy,and tend to run and hide at a sudden movement or loud noise. They are highly dependent on their Trainers and will follow after them very closely.

Name: Logerleef
Type: Grass
Classification: The Logger Pokemon
HT: 3' 2''
WT: 23lbs
Ability: Overgrow
Evolves: Trade with a Fire Starter to get Bonleef,trade with a Water Starter to get Marshlogg

Logerleef resembles a fallen log with two arms. It is a dull, almost grey brown color. Its face looks a lot like a jack-o-lantern,and its body is completely hollow.

Logerleef remember every Pokemon that took advantage of it when it was still a Sapleef. They carry grudges for a long time. They enjoy scaring Pokemon that are smaller than itself,but will flee from anything larger. Logerleef mark their territory by tearing down old,rotted out trees and stacking them into a large pile. These piles,which are scattered about its territory,also serve as hiding places.

Name: Bonleef
Type: Grass/Fire
Classification: The Campfire Pokemon
HT: 3' 3''
WT: 35lbs
Ability: Bonfire - Lowers foe's evasion at the start of a battle.

Bonleef looks like a campfire;its arms and legs are short and resemble bundles of twigs,while its body is made up of thicker,chopped up tree branches.

Bonleef are quite cheery in nature,and show their happiness by crackling with bright flames that spout from its head. When it isn't feeling well,black smoke will rise from its low-burning fire and it will move sluggishly. It enjoys the company of people and Pokemon,and will help those that are lost in its territory by warming them with its fire.

Name: Marshlogg
Type: Grass/Water
Classification: The Swamp Tree Pokemon
HT: 10' 0''
WT: 299lbs
Ability: Root System - Cannot be switched out. Gets some HP back at the beginning of each turn.

Marshlogg is a grey-brown color,its leaves are a deep green. Its arms are held up above its head and are hidden by its thick leaves,only its sharp fingers are visible above the foliage. Its bark is worn-looking at knotted,moss covering its lower half.

Marshlogg live in the very heart of swamps,its roots traveling under the murky water to capture unsuspecting trespassers. They prefer their solitude,and will do almost anything to keep people and Pokemon from entering their territory. It's very rare to see a group of Marshlogg outside of breeding season. The only other time they gather is to mourn one of their own with low,wailing songs.

So,this is my Grass Starter family. I wanted to do something different with my Starter Pokemon,so I made it that they can't reach their final evolution unless they are traded with one of the other Starter Pokemon. Depending on which one you trade with,you get a different final evolution. Please give me some feedback on this!

Top Bottom