• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
no dude go to adultswim.com. go to shows -> comedy -> home movies. find them there. they're not in pieces that way.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
super jail is weird. it's kinda interesting but too gross for me to really get into

Mahone

Smash Champion
2nd match

:14- That rest could of hit with a lil different spacing, but if you aren't sure, just do nair to uptilt to rest

:17- Try not to roll in with situations like that, you gave him a free chance to punish you

:34- It's the same as the sheik matchup, make sure to weave out to bait those kind of hits, don't worry about getting back on stage right away

:40- Try to hit when you are horizontal, i find that the easiest time to hit peach

:42- You do too many aerials like that, like in the sheik matchup, don't commit so much to an aerial, you never wanna just land in front of them like that, unless you are baiting something

:46- Bad di, he could have comboed into nair, i think you're suppose to di the downthrow all the way behind her, but im not 100 percent sure

:56- You could have upaired there, although its more tempting to go for the kill, a lot of peach combos will end with upair if they di, like so .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4J1jf4rfdo#t=2m13s

1:06- You had no reason to roll

1:11- again not a terrible time to rest, but to be safer, you could have done upair to whatever, but it is good to go for rests in spots like that, so you can get a feel for when it will work.

1:37- You can rest that out of shield, its really easy, just jump and instanly rest

1:46- Again you land right in front of him in shield

1:56- I'm guessing you were just messing around cuz its friendlies, but never rollout, cuz if they are smart they will just get hit on purpose and ull die

2:02- This is a recurring theme, where you miss your aerials because you are spacing right were peach is, rather than predicting where she is going. You should always be trying to just hit with the tips of your hitboxes

2:26- falling upair is really hard to land on peaches, its a lot easier to land away from her and then just space bairs, at low percent falling upair will lead to rest so its sometimes worth the risk, but at high percent its not worth it

2:29- i think you were trying to nair oos, that happens to me a lot too, practice doing it in training mode really quickly

2:41- Once you were stuck in shield you couldn't really do anything so it's ok that you got hit with the downsmash, but you try to be horizontal to peach in those kind of situation so you could just space bairs all day

2:46- again you land in front of her in shield

2:57- LOL he got *****!

3:08- You need to weave in and out more rather than just go through her

Overall, you just got outspaced. Try really hard to hit with the tips of all of your hitboxes rather than hit her when you are like overlapping. Also, try to hit where shes going and predict more, you were always aiming right at her so she dodged a lot of moves.

Also, its really important that you stay spaced so that you can weave in and out with bairs and fairs so that even if you are wrong you don't get punished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57pj6nlC5zQ&feature=related

Watch that match, honestly watch all of the mango vs armada and hungrybox vs armada, you will notice that they are always weaving in and out with their aerials, so they don't get punished. Also, there is a ton of other stuff you can learn from those matches....

Just watching the first minute, i notice that mango weaves in and out with fair a lot (look at how many he does/where he does them/ where he lands them), then misspaces a fair in front of armadas sheild, but instantly tries to grab rather that shielding like you do, which would have worked againt your opponent, since the peach you were playing stayed in shield before downsmashing, but armada rolls... which mango will take advantage of later in the games lol... later mango rolls to avoid the downsmash after armada's fair, which is really similiar to what was happening to you, but you instead stayed in shield and got hit by the last of the downsmash, he then does a bair to bair to upair combo, which is like the other video i linked to you, cuz he knew other moves wouldn't combo... i could go on, but I think you should look at them first

idea

Smash Master
yeah. she lets your brain pick up on patterns without having to worry about tech skill or combo DI or other such things.

then later on you think "now that i know how to see mistakes and punish them, i can play other characters!"...but you're already playing the character with the best punish in the game.

on the other hand, falco in friendlies all dai

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Later on you play a fast character and all of the things you see that you COULDN'T punish, you can...though often not as hard...but since there's more, it can be funner...

And then I play Luigi cause he makes funny sounds, and Mawio for WOOWOO, and Pika for Uair, and Falcon for WWWWWWWHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and Falco for pew and everything is SUCKY cause there is no...

REST

idea

Smash Master
yeah that's fun too =D

the main reason i don't play spacies or something (besides just liking jigglypuff more) is that i don't enjoy getting combo'd. it feels like i have to stop playing until they're done. on the other hand, i really like comboing people. i can dish it out but i can't take it <_<

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I don't know why I played puff.
I play young link because I enjoyed playing as him.
I play peach because she works.

DoubleBass

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I was wondering how do you do the fast bair spam? Like what hungry box does. And is it effective?

dudutsai

Smash Lord
What do you guys do vs fox when he just dash dance and platform camps? It's bad to trade with cc usmash/grab, and as soon as I land he comes in and pressures/combos me.

I'm also too scared to play on the ground. My control is pretty mediocre

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Hey guys I was wondering how do you do the fast bair spam? Like what hungry box does. And is it effective?
bair has an IASA frame before it's over.

IASA stands for 'interruptable as soon as.' basically some moves last a very long time before you're back to your character's default state, but you can interrupt them with another action. what hbox is doing is timing his IASAs very, very well so he is always jumping or throwing out another move as fast as possible after his bairs.

What do you guys do vs fox when he just dash dance and platform camps? It's bad to trade with cc usmash/grab, and as soon as I land he comes in and pressures/combos me.

land with wavedash backwards instead of with an aerial/nothing. or like. just lose, cause that's why fox beats puff :\

idea

Smash Master
you can just cancel bair faster than it looks like...just have to get a feel for the timing. and...yes =P

cry.

um...i dunno...be patient. catch him at the back of his dash dance. i guess basically you have to push into his comfort zone enough that he starts approaching you sometimes.

and spaced bairs, also at the back of his dash dance range, work pretty well. there's definitely more but this is just off the top of my head.

also, if he is catching you where he's expecting you to land, don't land there. and when you do, jab, or something. but y'know, don't always do that, he'll just CC the jabs after a while.

land with wavedash backwards instead of with an aerial/nothing. or like. just lose, cause that's why fox beats puff :\
yeah, this adds onto my last point.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Thanks, I'll give these a try. Too bad more people are learning fox v puff now that shes top tier or whatever.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Thanks, I'll give these a try. Too bad more people are learning fox v puff now that shes top tier or whatever.
word.

One thing to add, is try to predict when hes gonna come down from his platform camping and upair.... sometimes it will trades which is fine, but if it hits clean, oh boy, you're about to rock that fox's world

GreatRit

Smash Cadet
bair has an IASA frame before it's over.

IASA stands for 'interruptable as soon as.' basically some moves last a very long time before you're back to your character's default state, but you can interrupt them with another action. what hbox is doing is timing his IASAs very, very well so he is always jumping or throwing out another move as fast as possible after his bairs.

so basically he uses a bair, and then he jumps?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
bs. fox can shield and usmash oos a fh fair.

empty sh toward fox is cute the first time but if you do it a bunch he will destroy you for it. if it becomes a habit, fox will make a habit of upsmashing you.

playing aggressive vs fox still gets ***** by DD camping.

also even if you corner fox, unless you read him super will he can escape to a platform and crossover with minimal risk.

...tl;dr fox ***** puff and all your ideas are gimmicks

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I think rollout is a good move. You can catch people off guard sometimes, and if they are falling from high sometimes they don't even notice you charging it.

I also got a noncanceled sing -> rest off in friendlies the other day.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Is it just me or is the Peach matchup really screwy?
SHE WON"T DIEEEE!
Ya that can get quite annoying.

One tip is too try to upsmash her when you predict she will do whatever out of shield, it will kill her a lot earlier that the usual upair at 200 that you end up having to use lol.

I dunno i kinda suck at that matchup so I can't help you that much, hopefully some other puff gets in here and helps both of us.

I think rollout is a good move. You can catch people off guard sometimes, and if they are falling from high sometimes they don't even notice you charging it.

I also got a noncanceled sing -> rest off in friendlies the other day.
I really don't like encouraging rollout because it is REALLY gimmicky, but ya if you use it like once a set it MIGHT work...

Also, if you had time for noncanceled sing to rest you should have kept singing and timed him out... i dunno thats what i woulda done

idea

Smash Master
uhh with peach...yeah upsmash is pretty good...upair is usually only worth it on yoshi's story or if you can catch her while she's still pretty high up.

it's not very risky to rest her cause she can't punish you very well. and if they don't know the matchup then they'll just stare at you for a second trying to think of something, lol. just don't CC cause she'll kill you with dsmash.

for that reason, don't CC at all in the matchup =P it's not especially easy to CC rest her grab, and peaches tend to not spam grab on jiggs anyway, and you can rest her dash attack OOS so you don't need to CC to rest that (although it works).

oh, but how to kill her...uhh...you can follow her pretty far offstage too. if she goes really high, don't bother, just wait on stage till she chooses to go for the stage/edge or the top. if she goes high, try for an upair...if she goes lower, try for bairs and fairs.

you kind of just have to predict her movement and hit her with standard moves. fortunately she's floaty but slower than you so you can do this pretty well.

it's good to go for rests when you're at low percents since she can't do anything to stop you. uptilt rest works, but you should mostly use uptilt when you land behind her shield, or when she misspaces something and floats too close to your head. iirc the top part of it can still combo to rest. just be careful when you use uptilt on peach cause she likes to CC downsmash a lot. falling upair works too, but the risk is the same. you kind of have to feel out whether the peach has caught on or not and whether you should keep trying stuff like that. sometimes it's better not to force it and patiently use bairs and fairs.

strong and weak fair and bair are just good against her. watch out for fair, it beats like everything if it comes out.

also dthrow and rest her on a platform. or even just for control.

i'm already hosting right now so this is probably convoluted but i'm not going to read it back over, lol

-------------------

i can see rollout working sometimes, but it's really unnecessary =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom