• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
i still really enjoy bw, but 90% of the people i find still playing it are either s00pa-pr0s, or want to play bounds or other weird-*** games

reneblade, ive set the date to get it around feb 12, after my college auditions. gotta set SOME priorities first.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
in falcon dittoes, when they're at high percent, i sometimes like to get hit by their up-b when im recovering. then i tech and run out and kneeeeeee them before the get back. no1 ever tries to sweetspot after they hit u with the upb.

I SEE U LURKIN THE THREAD BOBBY.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
im gonna just rant about the details of what happened so i can get it out and go to bed.

it started with getting canon rushed. which would've induced a moderate amount of rage, but the guy was a total brain dead ****. i scouted it out and killed the probe. but i ****ed up and didnt build a stalker to kill the pylon/reinforcing probes. so the canon rush is successful, but i escape. but to make a long story short: the game lasted exactly 30 minutes and involved him canon rushing 2 bases before i was safe from the ****ing n00b. So once im safe i tech'd to void rays and got 2 out before he ran sacked my last base, i killed 2 of his nexi and was working on his last one when he finally killed my last building.

what reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly set me off (remember i was talking **** to the ****** canon rusher the whole game, building my rage meter slowly) though was the next game. i was so mad, that on jungle basin i accidentaly walled of my natural ramp instead of the entrance ramp(vs a zerg player) so i scramble to wall of the entrance with pylons, but it literally took me 3 cancels to get the 3rd pylon to complete the wall, so soon after 8 lings had killed one of the pylons by the time 1 canon was about to finish, so i just left.

then the next game, was vs a zerg on metalopolis. i scouted early to check for some ****** *** shenanigans, but the guy was playing legit. but he had overlords all in my base, so i decided to 4 gate, but build 2 of the gates in the gold expansion near his base. he scouts it out as my warpgate finishes so i only warp in like 2 waves of units. then pull back and start to play normal. gonna gloss over the rest of the game mostly. i take my natural an macro up a solid 90ish army with a few immortals. along the way i built a warp prism when i meant to build a immortal, so i have my main army sitting in front of the natural and i load up the prism with an immortal and a few zealots. i move the prism behind his base and move my main army forward towards his base. but then i see twelve mutas heading for my mineral line so i just left.

thats when i almost chucked the table.

tl:dr
i should've been practicing tech skill.

(its worth the read if ur in the mood for a laugh at some1 else's expense)
QUOTING myself to see my sig and how much room i have.

D

Deleted member

Joe youve bee playing super scrubs if they dont have a canon in their base. Ive been canon rushed like 6 times, and only once did they not have atleast one canon in their base. And also i did put a pylon down in his base, but he spotted it and killed it before it finished.

look johnny, just cause ur asian doesnt mean ur good @ starcraft.

it means theres an 80% chance ur good.
For the record, the stereotype is that Koreans = good at SC. Other asians haven't really gotten close to Korea's success

Not that I'm proud that S. Korea is the nerdiest country in the world

and yea i suck at SC :(

D

Deleted member

I miss bw. The gameflow made so much more sense to me and the micro was much more intense. But SC2 is still a lot of fun and everyone plays it so it's a good way to keep in touch with faraway friends.
this guy played ghey

never wanted to play standard LOL

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Joe youve bee playing super scrubs if they dont have a canon in their base. Ive been canon rushed like 6 times, and only once did they not have atleast one canon in their base. And also i did put a pylon down in his base, but he spotted it and killed it before it finished.
if he spent 250 minerals to build a canon in his base that means his push on your base will be that much slower... he can't be both offensive and defensive with his cheese. Also, he would have to kill ur pylon with probes which destroys his economy.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
he put a canon at the ramp with his forge. and i put the pylon down after the canons were in my base

i definetly ****ed up, i mean it was 3 am.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
General tips against Puff?
What grab to do, what do do out of grab, etc.

How does one pop a balloon that is already broken?
dthrow > uair forever

if they don't di properly they might as well just hand you their stock on a platter, Jiggs is easy as long as you space well, avoid bairs (broken airs), and take advantage of every mistake and punish accordingly.

D

Deleted member

standard ZvT was never my strong suit, haha. I was less cheesy vs. P and Z, but I just never felt like I could multitask well enough to beat generic T **** on 3 bases vs. 2 bases :p.
i always played for the future assuming I actually became good at BW and played std every single time

quit quickly once i hit c- tho game took up too much time for too little progress

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i dont play this game, but cannon has 3 n's, canon means like official story

youre welcome

edit: whoa there was another page, meant to respond to reneblade and sveet talking about starcraft

edit2: no worries, you losers are still talking about starcraft

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Hey there's a combo video of me in the works, I haven't entered a tournament in forever buttttt I'm considering going to the next Genesis and adventure Cali after I graduate in May so I definitely want to ditto you all.

D

Deleted member

Tickets bought to Pound 5

looks like i'll have to pay you 10 dollars some other time juggleguy heheh

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Tickets bought to Pound 5

looks like i'll have to pay you 10 dollars some other time juggleguy heheh
Haha yeah. Is it your first out-of-Cali tourney? Good luck!!

I might go to Genesis 2 depending on what my work schedule is like this summer.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I was supposed to do that a few weeks ago but I ended up playing Halo all of winter break instead. It'll be up before Pound 5 happens.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I was supposed to do that a few weeks ago but I ended up playing Halo all of winter break instead. It'll be up before Pound 5 happens.
Reach? Add me. I play on my brother's account [bayesian2dope]
I basically never play though. It's easy to talk me into it though :p
I'm still pretty good, just because of my other halo games skill level

Tomacawk

Smash Master
reach is so bad. all the maps are terrible.
the maps anger me.
Asylum (I think that's the sanctuary remake) is really cool.
All the others range from decent to awful
I WOULD like ivory tower but the ****ing rockets/fixed spawn combination is STUPID
people just grab rocks, jetpack to snipe, and dominate the power weapons
it isn't like in h2 where you had to work to get rockets...they're just free now

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
the maps anger me.
Asylum (I think that's the sanctuary remake) is really cool.
All the others range from decent to awful
I WOULD like ivory tower but the ****ing rockets/fixed spawn combination is STUPID
people just grab rocks, jetpack to snipe, and dominate the power weapons
it isn't like in h2 where you had to work to get rockets...they're just free now
asylum's trash lol, the MLG sanctuary remake tho, that ones legit.

pretty much every other maps gay, zealot is pretty good though...

Top Bottom