• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official 64BR Recommended Ruleset

NixxxoN

Smash Master
My god, such a pointless discussion.
The rule should be: You reset = you lose the match, so everyone is happy

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I hope this isn't giving away SECRET back room information, but we had a back room welcome thread where basically we just talked about how long we've been playing the game, what our strengths and weaknesses are, etc.

So for strengths s2j puts "trolling" and nothing else lol

asianaussie

Smash Hero
because he actually contributes when he feels like it

ballin neglected to mention that he has posted helpfully in the backroom quite a few times

The Star King

Smash Hero
ballin be trollin' the backroom hard.

That's ok though, I probably have more plans on mocking the backroom than anybody.

The Star King

Smash Hero
-The public voted yes on it.
-If the Backroom voted on it, "no" would probably win.
-The Backroom was made to make decisions for the community.

That's irony at its FINEST if you really think about it. Seriously, LOL.

Olikus

Smash Champion
-The public voted yes on it.
-If the Backroom voted on it, "no" would probably win.
-The Backroom was made to make decisions for the community.

That's irony at its FINEST if you really think about it. Seriously, LOL.
Well, a slightly higher number of the public wanted the BR is more correct. Many was against it. Funny that over half of the BR Members maybe are against it.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I think the BR problem is that it doesnt have enough reasons to exist
Not enough decisions to make, not enough stuff to discuss

DMoogle

A$
It's not most of the BR, just a very few....

good to see them trying to ruin it for everyone though
I don't see how anyone's trying to ruin anything.
Wait and see... And yeah, like Surri said, not particularily happy of seeing people from the BR being so pessimistic.
I don't think I'm being pessimistic, and I don't see how anyone else is either. I just pointed it out because it's funny, that's all. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything at all.

More on topic, I'm curious what this community's (non-BR members, as I already know most of their thoughts) opinions are on DK's infinite cargo hold. If you've been or are planning on being a tournament organizer, will you ban it? If you're a player, how will you feel about it being banned?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
its a technique that, if you practice enough, you can get out of.

all advanced level players should be able to get out of it.

I say anyone should be able to use it

sharksquail

Smash Ace
More on topic, I'm curious what this community's (non-BR members, as I already know most of their thoughts) opinions are on DK's infinite cargo hold. If you've been or are planning on being a tournament organizer, will you ban it? If you're a player, how will you feel about it being banned?
I've always viewed it pretty much as being the same thing as staling. I'm not really sure if you can ban it. that would pretty much just be saying don't play like a cheap *******.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
If it takes a TAS'er to escape this then it should be banned. xD

Of course I'm joking. A TAS'er could study the frames behind it, etc.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
The Backroom has two simple purposes
1. Adding extra posts to your post counter.
2. Making your name purple.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I liked how you just jumped into the conversation about DK's cargo trap with that oh-so intelligent post. That's really gonna make the anti-backroom cause look good. Good job, buddy.

ANYWAYS, IDK why you guys are saying we need a TAS'er when this sounds like something that can easily be tested with two people. Somebody get on it.

Pink_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I would but I don't have a console and even if I did no one would believe a random newb on the internets ;)

Human testing (repeated by many people in order to provide a good sample size) can provide useful info only on the practical feasibility of techniques, but TAS provides more conclusive theoretical info that isn't affected by human error. I'm actually not sure which ballin4life was referring to but since the limits of human skill are constantly shifting, I think theoretical results as provided by TAS would be more useful.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
About DK's cargo trap, I don't think that should be banned,
Just so you know, I don't use DK
actually I don't think any move should be banned at all, if you think it's cheating, don't get trapped on it.
"DON'T GET HIT"

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
I hate it when ppl rage quit, Its just dumb. I can understand if the guy quits on his stock and wasn't able to recover or something. My brother rages all the time when I play him in any smash game. He'll always find something to say to piss me off. It can be just one edge hog or me over combo-ing him. Then at the end of the match he gets mad and I just say.....u mad. Makes me feel much better.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Eh. Hard to enforce, hard to quantify (a single regrab? two? three?) easy to escape. I say allow it.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I'm against excessive Dk grab chains, (excessive being say the entire strategy is based off the infinite grab, not just two or three re-grabs. See: Isai vs. Kefit)

I justify this because a single re-grab is a good strategy at certain times. For example you want to Bthrow your opponent off the stage, but in your current position the Bthrow would throw them towards the stage. So you but them in cargo hold, pivot in place, get a re-grab and then B-throw.

However as Battlecow said it is hard to judge/enforce.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yeah and if you practice getting out of it, you get pretty good.

Snake, for one, is someone who is particularly good at getting out of it when I grab him. Props for that.

Yeah and its difficult to enforce rules against it. I say, just leave it.

Top Bottom