• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 9: [Now Defunct]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ieyasu tokugawa

Smash Rookie
Hideaki Kobayakawa!

Intro​
Hideaki Kobayakawa, the Gourmet general of the Western Army from Sengoku Basara, then Eastern Army has joined the Brawl. He can't think of anything to do for himself unless someone gives him an idea.

Stats
Height: About 4 to 5 ft.
Weight: Light
Walk Speed: Slow, he walks while hiding under his saucepan.
run speed: He runs like he's a cared child very fast.
Jump: He jumps some feet off the ground.
Fall Speed: Very quick because he struggles upon landing.
Traction: Normal

Special Attacks
B: Saucepan Boomerang
Hideaki takes his hands quickly behind his saucepan and then throws it in a panic-state like a boomerang at his opponents. The pan's speed is much faster than Link's boomerang except it can't carry items. If the saucepan makes it to the opponent's foot, it will give 7% of damage and also cause the target to clutch his/her foot in pain for 2 seconds. After flying enough feet or hitting the opponent, the saucepan goes quickly back to Hideaki who catches it.

B Side: Running Slaps
Hideaki runs forward like a scared boy while he waves his hands around like a mad man. He can repeatedly slap at his opponent if he makes contact for 12 hits, then knock them away. If you press B while Hideaki is running about, he will fake out with a bow saying "I'm sorry!" After he does the attack, he trips and falls then gets up afterwards confused on what he just did. Each of the hits do 1% of damage to the opponent.

B Up: Rolling Cooker
Kobayakawa quickly curls himself into a ball-like shape then bounces himself into the air like he;s doing Samus's Screw Attack. If an opponent who is jumping is too close above Hideaki, he will be knocked directly into the air due to the saucepan's hardness. Unlike the Screw Attack, this up special gives only one hit that leaves 8% of damage upon contact. After going high enough, Hideaki will fall greatly back to the ground.

B Down: Food Time
Hideaki automatically fills his saucepan with vegetables and sits down then starts to chow down on his fill. As he eats, you can see Hideaki's damage percentage going down. You can keep tapping B to keep Hideaki eating. After he has his fill, Hideaki will burp then get back up to fight. This heals him by 2% per scoop. There is one danger, this leaves Hideaki vulnerable to attack.

Regulars
Jab:
Hideaki first gives a little slap with his left hand doing 2% of damage, then starts to spin around while panicking doing 3% a hit for 3 hits then he falls on his back with saucepan attached doing 5% of damage. This may seem weak at first, but it can knock the opponent away when done right.

Forward:
Hideaki bows down like an idiot doing 3% on the first head lowering, then 4% sending the opponent away upon when he raises his head.

Up:
Hideaki raises both of his hands up into the air, also sending the opponent into the air when close enough. This does 6% upon contact.

Down:
Hideaki slides forward on his body hands first. When he reaches an opponent's foot, he trips the opponent up doing 4% of damage.

Smashes
:

Forward: Pan Spin
As you charge up, Hideaki has his saucepan at his right side ready to swing it. When ready, Hideaki spins around 2 times while swinging his pan. Each of those saucepan swings do 7% of damage and would knock the opponent away if Hideaki succeeds.

Up: Pot Knee
Hideaki jumps lightly into the air while bringing his right knee up doing 3%, then he kicks his left knee up doing 3%, and ends the smash while raising his left shin very quickly doing 3% of damage. If Hideaki is close enough to his opponent as he does this, he leaves 9% total on his opponent.

Down: Go Away!
Hideaki spins around with his arms out trying to keep away his opponents as he yells "I'm scared!" He hits his opponent 4 times in this doing 25 for each one. Any opponent should not be close enough to Hideaki when he does this.

Air Attacks
:
Regular:
Hideaki swings his saucepan downwards to scoop up his opponent and do 3% upon direct contact.

Forward:
Hideaki swings his saucepan to the right very quickly, whacking away anyone in rage by 6% of damage.

Up:
Hideaki looks down to the floor while kicking both of his legs into the sky. Anyone above Hideaki would be kicked into the air with 8% of damage.

Down:
Hideaki conceals himself into his saucepan and brings himself down like Link does his Down smash attack. When an opponent's head is underneath, Hideaki's pan will do 9% and also cause the opponent to be stunned for 3 seconds.

Grab Attacks:
Pummel:While Hideaki is holding the opponent's right hand, or front leg (if an animal), Hideaki will twist the arm very hard doing 2%. With each arm twist, he says "Sorry!"

Back Throw:
Hideaki ducks quickly down and grabs the opponent's legs then throws him/her behind him very quickly with 11% of damage.

Forward Throw:
Hideaki moves his left hand to his left side then swings it to the right, giving the opponent a big slap and a blow away with 9% of damage.

Up:
Hideaki throws the opponent upward like in a circus act. After 10% of damage is dealt, Hideaki will proclaim "It was an accident!"

Down:
Hideaki will go behind the opponent, grab him/her by the waist, then jump lightly off the ground and do a suplex, slamming the opponent on his/her head with 8% of damage.

final Smash: Cooking Time
With his Final Smash aura ready, Hideaki takes out to cooking spoons as his saucepan becomes big. He then says "Don't make me wanna hurt you!" He then jumps up and starts to cook like a wild chef over his pan. This sends out gigantic vegetables such as tomatoes, potatos, peas, etc. After about 30 vegetables are out, Hideaki dives into his saucepan and bursts out with 6 vegetables circling him. Hideaki then dies down the final smash saying "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it!"

Playstyle:
Unlike most smashers, Hideaki fights more clumsily in combat. He can also his scared state to attack his enemies. His Side B can fake out to leave his opponents open. When unlocking him, hideaki can be a somewhat challenge, due to his clumsiness and fast speed.

More stuff:
Up Taunt:Hideaki makes a funny face then gets terrified.
Side Taunt:Pats his saucepan then says "I wish I could be more like Tenkai."
Down Taunt:Hideaki takes out a carrot then chows it down.
Victory Pose 1:Hideaki sits down with a thought cloud above himself then says as things appear in the cloud "I hate horses, I hate guns, I hate bows & arrows, I love hot pots, I hate swords..."
Victory Pose 2:Hideaki has his 2 hands on his knees as he breathes sighs of relief then says "At least I became a genius."
Victory Pose 3:Hideaki yanws then says "I'm tired, now I need to go home."
Defeat Pose:Hideaki looks to his sides then runs away saying "I'm so scared!"
Costumes:
Hideaki in Red (Default, Red Team)
Hideaki in Blue (Blue Team)
Hideaki in Green (Green Team)
Hideaki in Turquoise
Hideaki in Violet
Hideaki in Gray
Hideaki in Pink

Smady

Smash Master
With Hideaki, we see the return of Make Your Move isolationist Ieyasu – you can tell you've not participated much in our chatroom or thread, as you persist in making the same mistakes with this moveset that you did with earlier attempts such as Seth. In all, I'm surprised just how similar this is to your past work – the only real differences being the slight improvement with the writing of the specials especially. And yet, you persist with some low-quality markers such as missing out the dash attack and back aerial – mistakes you have not been a victim to before.

The set presents an alright theme in the portrayal of Hideaki as a “clumsy” man, performing slapstick actions that lead to tripping or 'accidentally' hitting his opponent while completely oblivious to what he's doing. This is good and all, but you don't expand on this enough to create a playstyle – to do so, you have to have most, or all inputs focused on creating a sense of play for the character, a mould only fit for him that makes him unique from all the other movesets. What really needs to change is your ability to ignore so many of the inputs altogether, even if they are generally all connected loosely by the theme.

The writing style succeeds on the basic level of telling the reader what the move is, but is sometimes quite confusing – you seem to err most when using prepositions, not knowing when to use “on” in place of “it,” or vice versa. At the same time, you have a knack for stating the obvious – at others, you also lack in the important details such as lag, knockback or momentum. These are all signs of an inexperienced Make Your Mover... it's just strange that this is your fifth moveset, but largely your style and quality of work is the same. Nevertheless, thanks for the submission.

Junahu

Smash Ace
MYmini Entry (because no one else has, and that means I win for sure)

Plusle & Minun Final Smash

Aren't these little clones of Pikachu just adorable? I bet their moveset would be like Pichu's, but with two cutesy rodents instead of one. Like Ice Climbers, only without a legitimate excuse for being grab focused.
What's that? You say you want their Final Smash to be a clone of Pikachu's too?

You didn't? Well too bad! Landmaster Volt Tackle time!

So, press B and PLLLLLUUSSSSLEE! MINNUUUUUN!
I never watched the cartoon series long enough to hear how these two shout their names, but I'll just assume they scream it out like the Pokemon they're so clearly ripping off; Onix Pichu
The two Pokemon envelop themselves in electric orbs of energy. You can fly Plusle around and zap stuff in much the same inertial way that Pikachu's Final Smash works, with Minun playing wingman via CPU control. Unlike Pikachu's Final Smash, neither Plusle nor Minun can gather the speed neccessary to KO the opponent, though the fact there's two of the electric rats means you can shut down the foe's escape and damage rack like crazy.

Ok, so I guess there's a secret way to KO with this Final Smash right? But of course! Ram Plusle into Minun, and the two Pokemon will fly away from the point of impact with terrifying speed. More importantly, for a short time, Plusle and Minun will be careening fast enough to KO from 50% onwards.
Oh, and if the foe was caught right in the middle of the Plusle/Minun collision, you can just assume the knockback KOs instantly.
Ramming Minun is also a reasonable method of moving Minun around, since the CPU seems to have little grasp of the concept of chasing down foes.

Pikmin3000

Smash Rookie
Just asking, does MissingNo qualify for a Pokemon Moveset?
---
Anyways Here's some bonus content I made, I'll have the Tenacious D set up some time in February.

Assist Trophies

Morshu-If you happen to summon Morshu, his assist has three phases in total. For the first 10 seconds he is on the field, he'll run around at Mario's speed splashing a bottle of Lamp Oil on anyone he comes into contact with. Every character splashed will maintain a slightly yellow tint. Like Gray Fox, he can't be killed or fall off ledges. Afterwards, Morshu will pull out a length of rope and form it into a lasso, he'll reach for the closest character 7 SBBs away, and drag them through terrain to him. If Morshu managed to catch you, he'll grab out his Bomb Bag and yell "YOU WANT IT?" Morshu will dissapear from the stage in a massive fireball that deals 18-25% to anyone caught in the 3 Sq. SBB blast. If the opponent had lamp oil on them, the blast will turn into an explosion with high knockback that deals 20-32%. After Morshu disappears the lamp oil will wear off, and cannot be used if Morshu is summoned again.

Chris Crocker-When Chris is summoned, he'll produce a Nintendog effect off coverring the foreground. For 20 seconds, he'll rant about how you should leave "the summoner" alone! He'll give a short little spiel about the hardships that "character x" has overcome, and that everyone else it jeaalous. About 15 seconds in Crocker will begin to wave his arms around, about 3 times a second. They take up a good 1/3 of the screen, and anyone who is hit will take 1-2% per hit and flinch temporarily.

BEN-When you summon this little tard he just stands there... menacingly! Ben just sits in place for 15 seconds before poofing away. You can even pick him up and throw him as if he were a big item. If you hit someone with him, he deals about as much damage as a Bonsly. Should BEN be hit by anyones attack during battle a 3 SSB wide a 2 SBB long textbox will appear that has a random quote from Majora's Mask written on it. So yeah, this happens every time you hit the little *******. The boxes clutter the foreground, and it's even possible to cover the screen with them on smaller stages. After 15 seconds is up BEN dissapears along with all his textboxes.

Horatio Caine-This guy shows his total badassery by putting on some sunglasses. Horatio will make a corny one liner over the losing character and put his sunglasses on. Once they touch his face, a resulting YEEEEEEEEEEAAAH! will occur. All characters on the stage (minus the summoner) will immediately freeze in awe for 5 seconds.

Landon Ricketts-Straight out of Red Dead Redemption, Landon will point his revolver forward as he targets anything in a staight line of fire in front of him. Much like John Marston a cursor will flicker over selected charcaters, but little X'es will form on anyone selected before he fires six shots. Landon can see 4 SBB high and long until he hits solid terrain. Every bullet does 8-12% and moderate knockback, if three bullets hit you, your pretty much doomed. After he spends 10 seconds targeting he will shoot a bullet per second until he has emptied all six, or has hit all his targets. Afterwards he disappears.

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
Just to mess with Junahu...

Roy's Final Smash

So as y'all know, Roy was in Super Smash Bros Melee, and then got replaced with Ike in Brawl. Some people complained, some raged, some didn't care too much (I'm one of those), but a question remains: What would Roy's Final Smash be had he been in Brawl?

Well to say the truth, I never really though of this until I read this MYMini on Sunday's recap. But now, after seeing Roy in action on his original game thanks to Youtube, I can say that this is what I think his Final Smash would've been:

Final Smash:
Roy does exactly what he does in the below picture, but with a giant fiery explosion when he swings his sword (Think of his fully charged Neutral Special from Melee). The startup time is much less than the picture, as it comes out about 1.5 seconds after pressing B. The explosion reaches from Roy forward about .75 Final Destinations and goes up about 4 Ganondorf heights. Anyone hit by it takes up to 5 hits of 20% each, with the final hit KOing anyone at 85% or more. If used in midair, it's vertical height is still 4 Ganons, but half of the explosion goes up and the other half goes down, so it hits slightly above and below Roy.

Marioman19

Smash Rookie
Dr. Mario's Final Smash:

SUCCESSFUL PROCEDURE

Dr. Mario smirks as the camera zooms in on him. He brushes off his hands and pulls out two megavitamins, mimicking one of his melee victory poses. The camera zooms back out as he, at an incredible speed, throws megavitamins forward! Dr. Mario is completely invulnerable during this, can move around at his normal movement rate, and can aim the stream of megavitamins like a Cracker Launcher. Being hit with a megavitamins deals out 3% damage, and unlike Mario's final smash, the megavitamins deal no knockback, have a much smaller area [Being reduced down to Ganondorf's height and moving 7 SBBs forward.] but deal flinching damage. This lasts 6 seconds.

So, how is this remotely useful? This has another purpose.

If Dr. Mario gets close to an opponent, the Final Smash will pause as he pulls out a defibrillator and rubs them together. A large electrical charge will appear on the Defibrillator as he yells out "CLEAR!" and presses it against the victim's chest. The victim is dealt knockback and damage similar to an Ultimate Chimera bite: Instant KO. Dr. Mario can do this multiple times in one FS, so it's best to use this on small stages and activate it as soon as he gets it.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
Darn, someone beat me to a Plusle Minun Final Smash...

MYM Mini Submission
Final Smash, Final Cut

Plusle and Minun
Discharge!

(This Final Smash is based on the assumption that this duo would have been a lightweight Ice Climbers clone with Pickachu's moveset if they were in Brawl)

Now that Plusle and Minun have the Smash Ball, it’s time for opponents to see the stars at 70%! Plusle and Minun clasp hands together and then two arcs of electricity are shared between the two! The Final Smash lasts for about twenty five seconds. It increases power of the two’s attacks and also creates a small barrier around them that is similar to the curry item (save that it covers both sides giving characters with no disjointed hit boxes no chance of attack).

Additionally for about twenty seconds, Minun and Plusle will not be able to be separated, eliminating the terrible weakness that the Ice Climbers cannot get rid of (at least temporarily). Why? Well one of them is positive and the other is… yeah, it’s a lame excuse. Cementing this idea is the increased launch resistance as well as the neat trick of having any separated partners pulled back to you very quickly.

That means if you just happen to separate them try not to be in the middle of them as you will literally be sandwiched by two electric rats with enough knockback to make the launch power of Marth’s Final Smash look tame. Aside from that, all their attacks get a massive power buff too (what use is the curry effect when you’re trying to KO?) and get increased range for their electric attacks (cheaper double thunder is cheaper).

Smady

Smash Master
Dr. Mario Final Smash
FEVER!

That's right - the doc is in the house, this time with the power of the Smash Ball! The way this final smash is initiated is a little different from others - when you press the special input, Dr. Mario will throw his pills as usual - but any opponent hit with them will seemingly pop out of existence, their death cry being heard. If all opponents are hit, or ten seconds pass with the other players not forcing the final smash out of Dr. Mario, a black screen with a yellow outline will drop onto the stage and Dr. Mario will float over to the right of the screen, becoming pixelated. The box itself is a hitbox as it comes down, that will knock out any straggling opponents within its frame as it appears on-stage, otherwise acting as an obstacle until the end of the final smash.

Every foe caught by your pills is now transported to an in-Smash version of Dr. Mario - each being given a colour; red, blue or yellow. They cannot move out of the screen you've created, but can move within it. Your ability as Dr. Mario on the right screen is to drop pills - every second, a randomly-chosen type of pill will spawn from the top of the screen. It will naturally fall to the bottom within about six seconds - it controls much like you'd imagine, you being able to speed up its fall or slow it down, as well as flipping it with the button inputs.

The foe of course represents the viruses from Dr. Mario. If a pill is dropped on their head, they will not be able to move for the duration of the final smash - being prey for any further pill dropping. Now, dropping pills willy nilly is no way to win here - what you must do is line up the correct coloured pills with your foes: a line of four sections of pills, including your "viruses," will cause the foe to implode like the virus in Dr. Mario. This counts as a lost stock. The opponent will then respawn precisely where they died; trap opponents in places where you have piles of pills above them as well, to score multiple stocks. After fifteen seconds, the final smash ends, returning Dr. Mario and all remaining viruses back to the stage, as their normal selves.

The pills act as solid platforms, meaning you can possibly climb on top of them - even when being carried by the player-controlled Dr. Mario. They react similarly to smash balls in their influence by knockback - slightly altering their trajectory if the attack is powerful enough. Use this to your advantage to try and keep pills away, or make them land on opponents!

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Mewtwo's Final Smash

To imagine Mewtwo's Final Smash would be to imagine the most painful way to die. Don't worry though, I've got all that under control:

Mewtwo outstretches both his hands as if he's trying to catch something; to make the Final Smash work he has to catch a enemy close-up to him or else it will fail. From here, Mewtwo teleports himself and the caught foe to a strange white dimension. You'd think that Mewtwo would use this opportunistic moment to attack the enemy, but instead he starts praying...didn't know somebody as powerful as Mewtwo could even have a God...

After 4 seconds of praying, it becomes apparent as the screen flashes white to reveal a new make-up:

You start in the middle of the disturbing platform underneath Donald's mouth; you're restricted to the white lines. If you try to go any further the two Mewtwos will teleport you back to the middle. During the Final Smash you can use a button to make Donald do something. Be careful though as if you don't choose an option Donald will make Mewtwo's Final Smash die on him.

A: Donald makes a bomb fly into the enemy, it approaching them at Sonic's Dash. If it hits something it will blow up like a bomb-omb, doing the same amount of damage. These come at the enemy every second, and will have 400 out before the Smash ends.

B: The 2 Mewtwos standing on Donald's hand will teleport onto the stage and fight against you. From here you have to fight 2 LV9 Mewtwos, both of these having the MYM6 Moveset. From here the white line becomes the stage boundary. Kill both of them to have the Smash end.

Z: Donald instantly fires a lazre beam from his mouth straight down. He can do this instantly and it will kill you if you hit by it. It lasts for 85 seconds and attempts to track you but if you dodge it it goes away. Worst case is that Donald uses this the moment you step into the ring.

The Final Smash ends once the enemy performs the necessary task required to end the Smash, or else it will keep on looping through their death.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Toon Sheik
- Final Smash -
Lyre of the Sheikah

What's that? You thought Toon Sheik would actually be Tetra? This is Sakurai we're talking about people; you would've gotten an adorable Chibi Sheik much like the one pictured above
(picture by CalebCaleb)
and you probably would've gotten a clone of Sheik's Final Smash to top it all off. Fortunately, Toon Sheik doesn't have Light Arrows as her Final Smash when I'm around! Instead, she has a major, major game changing Final Smash that would absolutely melt the Brawl engine and violate Brawl's online horribly. Prepare for massive stage chaos!

Toon Sheik throws a Deku Nut to the ground to the ground, sending a blinding flash across the stage, causing all characters to flinch! If this is used in midair, it has the chance to strike a foe below Toon Sheik with the Deku Nut which will cause normal Deku Nut knockback as well as the blinding flash. Of course...if this is used off stage, you'll have wasted your Final Smash; don't try and gimp with this, that'd just be silly...

Anyway! Once the flash has worn off (it only lasts for mere moments), Toon Sheik will be standing in the background in the middle of the stage. If for some reason you're one of those characters who can attack the background, you'll find that Toon Sheik has no hurtbox at all during this time. At this time, you may have noticed that Toon Sheik is now holding her lyre in her hands, preparing to play a song that will most certainly mean trouble for her foes! You now have three seconds to make a song selection before Toon Sheik shakes her head, puts away her lyre and steps back onto the battlefield. Obviously, this also means your Final Smash is wasted. If you do perform a song however...several changes happen to the fight. Regardless of what song you choose, its effects will wear off after thirteen seconds.

- Minuet of Forest -​
"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days... In order to come back here again, play the Minuet of Forest."

This song can be performed by tapping up on the D-Pad or Control Stick. Toon Sheik strums out the Minuet of Forest which echoes for a few moments before the screen takes on a strange green tinge to it as shrubbery begins to rapidly grow across the stage, spreading quickly and covering up all of it within only a few moments! This however is just for looks and won't actually affect the Brawling in a negative wary. This song however does however cause all opponents to sprout flowers on their heads, taking rapid damage for a much longer period than normal (about ten seconds).

This song also causes three to six Deku Scrubs to pop out on random patches of the stage (the exact number depends on how large the stage is. These Deku Scrubs will spit Deku Nuts at foes that will deal 9% on contact and medium knockback; fortunately much weaker than the normal Deku Nuts.

One last hazard of note for this song...you may at one point or another hear a loud grunt followed by a clearly metal-sounding sound. This is a good time to jump as a large Moblin the size of Porky's mech will come stampeding across the stage, its spear extended out before it as it runs. Contact with the Moblin itself will deal 12% and upward knockback...but the spear itself will act as a grab hitbox and, more than likely, will cause you to be dragged off stage.

- Bolero of Fire -​
"It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger over time... The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you know which way to go... This song is dedicated to the power of the heart... Listen to the Bolero of Fire...."

Tapping right on the D-Pad or Control Stick will cause Toon Sheik to perform the Bolero of Fire; things will really start to heat up with this tune! That is, not surprisingly, quite literal. Soon after the song is done, lava will flood the stage, reaching up to the edges on certain stages like Final Destination...or even submerging parts of the stage on stages like New Pork City! The lava will even rise on vertically moving stages like Rumble Falls. Horizontally moving stages however won't have this effect. Anyway, this lava will deal knockback and damage equal to that of Norfair's lava...so don't fall into it! The background will also take on a slight reddish tinge.

As another note, the stage becomes -INCREDIBLY- hot...so hot in fact that opponents will constantly take 2% damage per second for the entire duration of this Final Smash; Toon Sheik's magic will protect her from this heat however. To add to the fiery fun, Fire Keese will constantly flap about, divebombing opponents at the speed of Fox's Up Special. These Mite (you know, the SSE enemy?) sized bats will deal a mere 5% and slight knockback...but there are quite a few of them to deal with. With only 5% stamina each however, they're easy enough to swat away. Just don't get knocked into the lava by one!

Your final hazard with this song are large fireballs that will splash out of the lava and onto the stage. If you're struck by one of these Bowser-sized plumes of flame, you'll suffer 18% and high knockback. Fortunately, they also fly at the Koopa King's speed so they are quite avoidable...unless you're Smashed into one.

- Serenade of Water -​
"Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth... Now listen to the Serenade of Water to reflect upon yourself...."

Pressing Down on the D-Pad or Control Stick will have Toon Sheik perform the Serenade of Water; you know this song quite well thanks to the infamous Water Temple I'm sure. Once complete, the stage will take on a blue tinge as water floods the stage, forcing all the characters into a water-based battle! Obviously, a main concern here is going to be drowning. You have thirteen seconds to stay afloat...so if your damage is too high, you may be in trouble. Toon Sheik's magic keeps her from drowning in this water (obviously not all water in Smash)...so you have her to worry about as well! Do note that even absolutely massive stages like New Pork City will be entirely submerged.

As for hazards, Blue Tekites will appear throughout the stage, skating across the water in order to attack foes! If a Tekite jumps at a foe, it'll deal 13% damage and downward knockback, most likely pushing them underwater in the process. This becomes a major pain in the *** if attacked by multiple Tekites at once as you could easily be infinited for the entire thirteen seconds. Blue Tekites have 15% stamina so hit them with powerful aerials fast. These Tekites can also hurt Toon Sheik as well as they're (obviously) not under her control...but they won't actively attack her as they will with other foes. Up to six of these can be on screen at once.

Finally, patches of water may randomly rise out of the...well...water. Why? It's the Water Temple boss; Morpha! Morpha makes a very special apperance here, occassionally forming a large tendril of water in an attempt to grab foes (or even Toon Sheik if she's in the way!). Being grabbed by Morpha's tendril will have the character be dragged beneath the waves where they'll take 30% damage before being tossed out of the water with high knockback! If you see the water begin to rise; get out of there fast!

- Nocturne of Shadow -​
"The only thing I can do for you is teach you the melody that will lead you to the Shadow Temple... This is the melody that will draw you into the infinite darkness that absorbs even time... Listen to this, the Nocturne of Shadow!!"

Pressing left on the D-Pad or Control Stick will cause Toon Sheik to perform the Nocturne of Shadow, a haunting melody that brings with it the very sorrow of the undead! The screen will soon after black out nearly entirely. A small radius around each character roughly double their size will appear around them, providing them some light to see...although they may not wish to see the horrors that await them in the pitch black!

The first hazard here are Wallmasters. These guys are incredibly dangerous to anyone and everyone except Toon Sheik. You'll hear an eerie moan followed by an even more eerie noise as one of these creatures falls from the ceiling. Once you hear the moan, start running immediately. If a Wallmaster grabs a player...that's it. They're done for as they'll instantly be dragged off the top blast zone. If they miss a player however, they'll be vulnerable to attack for a second or two (with 30% stamina)...but it may be best to just stay on the move so another one doesn't grab you. Up to three of these will be active at once...so stay on your toes.

Bubbles are another common enemy during this shadowy Final Smash. Appearing as a large white skull engulfed in blue flame, Bubbles will float about haphazardly...doing nothing in particular until a character gets close. Once a character is within short range, the creature will rush the foe down in an attempt to touch them. Being touched by a bubble will deal 5% damage and very slight knockback...but it also carries an even worse effect. For the next eight seconds, you will be unable to use Special Moves at all! These guys -WILL- attack Toon Sheik as well...so watch your back.

- Requiem of Spirit -​
"Past, present, future... The Master Sword is a ship with which you can sail upstream and downstream through time's river... The port for that ship is the Temple of Time..."

The final song Toon Sheik can perform is done by pressing the Special Button, simple as that! The Requeim of Spirit is linked to the Spirit Temple which is strongly linked to the desert; this 'ought to be fun, no? Once Toon Sheik is done playing this song, the screen will gain a white-ish tinge and a powerful sandstorm will begin. This sandstorm fortunately deals no damage...but it will constantly push foes towards the left side of the stage with considerable force...players can run against this push but standing still or simply stopping won't help much; your jumps will also be cut very slightly in terms of height. Thanks to her magic however, Toon Sheik is immune to this. Nifty!

As an annoyance, Leevers (those little green spikey guys) will burst from the now sand-covered stage, spinning in place momentarily before dashing towards opponents. This will often send them dashing straight off the edge of the stage (as they won't stop at the edge...or at all unless they hit a foe), but if they -DO- hit, they'll deal a nasty 6% and (stationary) Bumper-esque knockback. Up to five of these Kirby-sized foes can be on stage at once...so make sure to leap them...you should be able to make out their bright green shape even through the sandstorm.

As one final, and very dangerous hazard to this song...an Iron Knuckle will appear in the very middle of the stage. This fiend has infinite weight, will take no knockback and takes no stun from attacks. It also has a whopping 150% stamina and will not vanish after the thirteen second long Final Smash is up. The Iron Knuckle has two attacks, a horizontal swipe that comes out surprisingly fast and deals 19% damage and medium knockback...and an overhead downward swing that deals 30% and high knockback. The Iron Knuckle will attack anyone, even Toon Sheik...so you may want to put your differences aside in order to defeat this foe. Or you -COULD- just use Toon Sheik's obvious fast speed to run away while the Iron Knuckle ruins your foes with its powerful attacks!

And there you have it; no matter which song you pick to play on Toon Sheik's lyre, you have several unique and powerful results at your fingertips. Use the one that you enjoy the most or the one your foe absolutely hates the most and keep in mind that, while Toon Sheik -IS- vunerable to enemy attacks during this...she is invincible to a majority of the particularly nasty effects of this Final Smash. Use the power of the Sheikah to defeat your foes!

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Why Internet. Why do you hate when I try to comment?

Mephiles the Dark

Let it be known that this is the THIRD time I have written a full comment for this moveset in a desperate attempt to actually post my comments. So excuse my lack of delicacy, I'm a tad frustrated.

Mephiles the Dark is a moveset that doesn't know what it's trying to do. You start with a time travel mechanic. Time Travel is sexy. The move is perhaps the most incomprehensible move I've ever read though, and you never expand on it like such a centralizing concept like this should. The Up Special is also not only the most boring recovery ever designed, simply instantly returning him to the stage, it also is the most infuriating stall tactic too!

There are other problems. Many of the moves smack of randomness, as in you didn't know what to put there and ended up putting something creative in rather than something that actually fit for the character. The Forward Tilt is a weak short ranged projectile, while the Up Tilt is an incredibly broken attack with a huge hitbox, so there doesn't feel like there's any consistency in what the moves even are. And don't get me started on the Down Air.

I do appreciate your desire to express your character through a moveset, but none of your movesets ever accomplish this. Mephiles is a random assortion of incomplete ideas and poor design choices. I don't feel like I know any more about Mephiles than I did before I read the moveset, other than the fact that he's a magic syndrome assortment of random abilities with no real character. Judging from the Sonic series though, that may be accurate.

Castform

What on earth brought you to the decision to make the weather moves all aerials? Castform is as aerially focused a character as you can get without actually having wings; he floats in midair and has weather control. By putting all the weather moves in his aerials though, the only actual attacks he can perform in the air are his projectile specials, which means that he has really no actual air attacks to use. Since you only end up making four unique aerials anyways, I can't see how it wouldn't have worked better if you had switched them around and given Castform some better air moves.

Onto the actual content though, I do actually really like the way that you can zone foes with the different types of weather and how he's creating multiple areas at once. If you get wet in the rain, you want to avoid the hail and head for the sun, which gives Castform interesting choices in how to react to the enemy's decisions.

What I don't like is how the standards all end up being generic attacks with a situational twist if they are in one specific type of weather. When you make a move that only has a boost in one condition out of several possible conditions, that means that you're effectively shoe-horning the player into only using _____ moves when they're in that area.

Overall, I see Castform as a step down after Sarkhan, but I freaking loved Sarkhan, which is one of my favorite movesets of the contest so far. You're certainly a capable movesetter LegendofLink, and one of the fastest evolving members of the community.

Scout

Once again, Kholdstare proves that he has utter mastery of writing style. You flow into the Scout's verbal mannerisms so smoothly that it's almost imperceptible what is a quote and what is your own prose.

Unfortunately, I didn't really feel like Scout held up all that well. He can fire his scattergun in any direction, nice. So why does he have two or three moves which just... are scattergun shots in a preset direction? I felt like I was searching for where the moveset tied itself together, but it ended up just giving me the feel of an overall generalist.

Hit and Run is of course what you say his goal is, and certainly, it's probably the most in character way to play as the scout, but I never really saw the connection point between the individual moves and how he actually played as hit and run. If you had made this connection better, I would have liked this moveset a lot more. As it is though, it's simply an un-noteworthy set with some noteworthy writing.

Japanese Samurai Chef Dude

I do like the fact that this moveset does feel to a certain point like it actually is a reluctant fighter who is better suited doing something else, like say, cooking. There is some slight creativity in here, but overall, this moveset doesn't try to be anything more than a simple fighter.

I highly recommend including a playstyle section in your next set so that you can better flesh out how your character plays, because that is where this set ultimately fails. He's certainly got some elements of characterization down, but he doesn't fight any different than any other moveset we've seen a thousand times from any fighting game.

Plusle and Minun Final Smash

Volt Tackle reference? Sure, it's the obvious route to go, and neither character can actually learn the dang move, but whatever! Let's go ahead and do this!

Slapping the characters together for massive damage? Good idea. Having to actually work together with an unhelpful AI to do it? Why would you do that Junahu? Why?

Also, couldn't we have had them both controlled at the same time? Use the move stick and motion control on the Wiimote, and the C-stick and control stick on the Gamecube controller.

Roy Final Smash

Roy's our Boy! This is simple, but effective, and fits with the theme of the other Fire Emblem Final Smashes. My one suggestion would be to up the knockback; killing at 85% for a Final Smash is just way too weak.

Dr Mario Final Smash

It's kinda like ROB's Final Smash and Meta Knight's Final Smash combined. I do like the idea of getting an extra effect to help him land the finishing blow. Overall, nicely done!

Plusle and Minun AGAIN!

I really do like how this moveset actually assumes certain aspects of what the moveset might look like in Brawl and builds off of them, instead of creating the Final Smash in a vacuum. Being able to tether them, and turn separating them from a good strategy into a big mistake is a nice touch (in fact, I could make a moveset for them based off of this concept..). The barrier of invulnerability and generic power buff to all the moves isn't as much.

Dr Mario AGAIN!

This is certainly a fairly obvious direction to go, but it's also a direction that works very well. The implementation was fairly good, and I'm glad that the opponents have some initiative on how to react to it.

MEWTWO FINAL SMASH

Well, I'll be flummoxed, you managed to make a Final Smash for Mewtwo even more ridiculous than the one JOE! and I came up with. Not only does it have absolutely nothing to do with Mewtwo, having Mewtwo pray is as out of character as you can possibly get for the ultimate Pokemon-incarnate, but you managed to get RONALD MCDONALD in here.

It's official, Katapultar is the greatest troll of all time.

Toon Sheik Final Smash

tl;dr, instant vote.

Honestly, having five unique final smashes that are direct references to the setting is pretty cool, but it does seem to be a little much. I don't really have much more to say than that though...

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Toon Sheik Final Smash

tl;dr, instant vote.

Honestly, having five unique final smashes that are direct references to the setting is pretty cool, but it does seem to be a little much. I don't really have much more to say than that though...
I'd hope people don't vote it because it's tl;dr and rather because they enjoy it ;P
That being said, yes, five Final Smashes in one is a little much, but I was going for a multitude of fun options while also going for references that fans would enjoy (much like Nightmare who was loaded with Link's Awakening references). As long as people enjoy it, I'm perfectly content with that, thanks for the comment DM.

Speaking of kittens, Recap is posted. You can find the link directly beneath this writing that I'm doing right now. This writing right here. Yep...this writing. Oh God do I need sleep, I'll shut up now...........beneath this writing.

http://chiefmendez.wordpress.com/2011/01/30/mts-sunday-recap-episode-x7/

Also, PM me your votes for this week's MYmini! You can find all the entries in the mini post on page one of this thread and you can find next week's MYmini at the bottom of the Recap! Toodles~<3

EDIT: I love my sig so much. It makes all of my posts into a party.

JOE!

Smash Hero
friggen Kat and his clown fetish

[ [ PSYCHIC ] ]

Yes, the most overpowered move from R/B/Y thanks to Mewtwo makes its way to Brawl! After grabbing the smash ball, press B at any time to teleport into the background to give yourself some room. From here, waves of Psionic energy will emit from Mewtwo, turning the stage into a massive Gravity field, levitating all players helplessly as...what are those fissures on the stage?

It can't be. Mewtwo's mind is so powerful that he's literally tearing the stage apart into three separate pieces! From here you can smash the control stick in any direction as each section levitates infront of you. Each piece does tremendous damage, up to 70%! Annihilate your helpless victims as they struggle under your will.

Once Mewtwo runs out of stage pieces, he will envelop all but himself and surviving players in a massive version of teleport as the stage is returned to normal under his might.

Stages that move or transform will be frozen where Mewtwo started the final smash. On stages like Onett or a Wario Ware transformation with no "blocks" (in Onett's case only 2 things...), mewtwo will lift a chunk of ground out instead.

(hippo)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I know Joe's MYMini is past deadline, but can we include it anyway? Because personally I think it's pretty cool.

Smady

Smash Master
User Rankings Week #8

Welcome to the User Rankings! Every Monday, I'll be compiling the entire of the last week's activity in the thread and showing off, just who is the most active member? The point of this exercise is to recognise the most dedicated among us – those make your movers who are currently pushing the boundaries, as well as highlighting all movesets made by them.

To get on this list, you need to have made a moveset in this or a previous Make Your Move, as well as having posted in the Make Your Move 9 thread. The cut-off point for tallying is 12AM on Monday; other removals or changes are at my own discretion. The breakdown of points is as follows:

25 points for a Moveset
15 points for a Joint Moveset
5 points for a Secondary Submission
4 points for a Comment
2 points for a Secondary Submission Comment
1 point for a Regular Post
+Regular Posts do not stack

This week is yet another example of my posting this a little earlier than I normally would. As ever, this is purely due to my school work - which has even the audacity to pick up as of late. Pesky scoundrel, that school work.

This week saw the triumphant return of previous multiple winner darth meanie, scraping up first place in a typically extravagant fashion, pumping out roundabout ten comments along with commentary on all of this week's many minis. He has plenty of sets not from this week, which I recommend checking out. In second place was Kholdstare, surprising us all with his fittingly marathon Team Fortress 2 project. Be sure to give The Scout a read for more of Khold's witty banter and smart writing. Rounding out the top three is LegendofLink, with his brilliant weather machine Castform - just beating out ieyasu tokugawa because of a single post.

Remember to check out the stadium to find all of the sets mentioned.

Overall User Rankings

Points: 48, Movesets: Nattorei, Electivire, Nrvnsqsr Chaos, Toxicroak

Points: 26, Movesets: Mr. Minecraft, Pokémon Breeder, Sarkhan Vol, Castform

Points: 18, Movesets: Muk, Auron, Wiz & Kupa 2, Pyro Jack, Jack The Ripper

Points: 6, Movesets: Diglett, Penny Gadget / Inspector Gadget, Blaze the Cat, Windows XP Tan, Airman

Points: 5, Movesets: Ulgamoth, Ronald McDonald, Mephiles the Dark

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Finally, a MYMini I like :D

Torterra

Torterra is a Pokemon from the 4th Generation, hailing from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum as the final evolution of the Grass-type starter Turtwig. He is a Grass/Ground type with a varied movepool of earth-style attacks. One of his unique traits is that many Pokemon make their homes on his shell, which has a tree and several mountain-type rocks on it. Due to this, it could be said Torterra is based off of the World Tortoises of ancient mythology, in which it was said the world was merely the shell on the back of a cosmic turtle.

When Torterra is summoned he will stand at the spot the Pokeball was thrown to. He is roughly three times Bowser's width and double his height. Torterra's body is solid ground, so nothing can pass through it. It also means he is invincible. Players can stand on Torterra's back and fight, and they can also hide in the tree canopy. It will obscure anything in it. Every three second the tree will spawn an apple. Torterra will get angry if you attack him in the face though... if you do that he will charge up a Solarbeam (indicated by his tree leaves glowing) for one second then unleash it from his mouth, which deals 20% damage and high knockback. Torterra will stick around for twenty one seconds or until he gets attacked three times.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
~~S p o i n k~~

Funny-looking little guy, isn't he? Spoink is the Bounce Pokemon, and he's always bouncing - even when he's asleep. The shock of his bouncing keeps his heart pumping, which is to say that if he stopped, so would his heart. So, from his release to his leave, he's constantly bouncing around the stage, hopping at a quick pace until he reaches the end and then turning around to start over. And he's a persistent fellow, so if you get in front of him or even hit him he'll just push on forward. Don't worry too much; he plays nice, so he won't harm you. Besides, he's pretty puny.

Usually he can be found with a pearl sitting on his head, but in his Smash appearance the poor thing can't find one and has to use a substitute. These include:

• Green Shell (common)
  • Smoke Ball (common)
  • Super Mushroom (common)
  • Screw Attack (common)
  • Maxim Tomato (uncommon)
  • Pitfall (uncommon)
  • Gooey Bomb (uncommon)
  • Hothead (uncommon)
  • Unira (uncommon)
  • Poison Mushroom (rare)
  • Smash Ball (rare)
  • CD (very rare)
  • Team Healer (exclusive to Team Matches; common)

If you're near him and press the A button you'll pick up his item, just like most other items. This can even be said for the mushrooms, though you will change size automatically upon picking them up. The Smash Ball still needs to be attacked, but has a 30% chance of being freed when "picked up" from Spoink's head.

Spoink leaves the stage after his item leaves his head, or if no one grabs it he just makes his exit after 20 seconds.

(I think it's safe to say I'll submit at least one more entry for this week. Nothing's set in stone, though.)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum

NINJASK

[collapse=Background Info]Ninjask is a Bug/Flying type Pokemon from the 3rd iteration of games - that is, Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. At the time it appeared, it stood out for it's semi-unique ability Speed Boost, which increased his speed at the end of each turn. Combine that with his speed stat (the second highest in the game), he is clearly the fastest Pokemon.

He is also quite fragile, possessing poor defensive stats and one of the worst type combinations in existence, and has a meh attack stat, making him a poor attacker; however, his ability to pass stat boosts to team mates is an invaluable trait.[/collapse]

After bursting out of his Pokeball, Ninjask flies at a blinding speed to a random part of the stage and begins to flail his arms out in front of him, jittering and spinning left and right, almost as if performing some kind of manic dance. If he takes any damage at all during this move, he quickly flees into the foreground. Just one more reason to buy 3D BRAAAAAAAAAWL!

Actually, he is dancing! The Swords Dance, of course. After dancing for about 3 seconds, Ninjask begins to glow faintly with swirls of orange and blue energy as his Attack and Speed raises. He then rockets over to two other random parts of the stage, and performs the dance twice more, with the swirls of orange and blue glowing brighter with each completion. At the end of his third dance, he transforms his pent-up energy into a white baton of pure energy, and drops it at the ground beneath him before flying away at a blinding speed.

This baton is an item, and can be picked up by any character. Once picked up, the character grips it in their hand/mouth/vine/appendage which they use to interact with items, and glow with swirling colors of blue and orange. They move as if under the effect of a Bunny Hood, and all of their attacks do twice as much damage and impact. The baton vanishes after 15 seconds, and can be knocked off of a character. The baton is a passive item like the Bunny Hood or Metal Box, and cannot be thrown or used to attack.

SUNKERN

[collapse=Background Info]Sunkern is an often forgotton Pokemon from the 2nd generation of games. It evolves into Sunflora via Sun Stone, and has the lowest base stat total of any Pokemon. Oh, and it's based on a sunflower seed.

There isn't much else to say about the lil' fella.
[/collapse]

When Sunkern emerges from her Pokeball, she plants herself into the ground, and just sits there, humming. Anyone who runs over Sunkern has a 25% chance of tripping.
After 25 seconds, she vanishes.

Faintly in the background, you hear something.. These noises are nearly impossible to pronounce, though the two sounds most frequently repeated are those rendered by the letters 'Cthulhu' and 'R'lyeh.' These sounds progressively become louder and louder until, after 4 minutes, the screen zooms out, and...

...Sunkern's final evolved form, Kernthulu, appears. Kernthulu's tentacle swing down and grab each character on the stage, flinging them into its gaping maw and chewing them up, instantly killing them. It then smashes the stage apart with a single blow from its arm, ensuring that any character who respawns will have nowhere to go but down to their deaths.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Kyurem

Background

Kyurem is a Legendary Pokemon from the 5th Gen. It is a Dragon/Ice that serves as the 3rd of the Energy-or-whatever-you-want-to-call-it-trio that will indefinitely be the Mascot of Pokemon Gray. While Reshiram and Zekrom seem to represent 2 sides of energy Kyurem seems to represent a absence of energy.

Kyurem originally came from outer space to Kagome Town where it would come and go, helping keep the population stable with the chills that came from it. Being Kyurem would suck because you get frozen from your own chills, even if they can create sub-zero conditions. As far as we know Kyurem seems to have almost no connection to Reshiram and Zekrom but granted before Platinum came out I thought "the other side" Giratina lived in was the afterlife, but no it was the Distortion World. Makes sense.

To make life even worse for Kyurem, it is actually WEAKER than it's brothers, only having 660 total stats which is 20 lower than it should be. Also it's signature attack Frozen World, while may sound awesome, is only Icy Wind with a bit more power. WTF!? Why couldn't Kyurem be BETTER!? To help heal the wounds made by this unacceptable crime, Kyurem enters the Brawl to kick some arse.

What Kyurem Does

The moment the Giga Bowser-sized Kyurem appears, it lets out a roar as the entire stage becomes frozen; all summons, traps, items, ATs, and so on are all frozen along with the floor which has now becomes slippery; if you have a fire attack these can be thawed out before being frozen again within 5 seconds but otherwise don't expect them to last. As long as Kyurem is around the air is chilly, making ALL players take 15% a second unless they are frozen or shielding; to be fair, shields won't weaken in the chills so players can keep them up for as long as they like. Sometimes Kyurem will use a random attack, each of these are all extremely dangerous:

Ice Beam: Energy will gather at Kyurem's mouth, which it fires forth in a straight line as large as Aura Storm. This nasty piece of work eats away at shields and does 95% with instant freezing. It will be difficult for anyone to get out of this with all the damage they take. Overall a fairly easy move to dodge but still very deadly.

Hyper Voice: Kyurem raises it's head, letting out a deafening roar over a 2 second period. Players not dodging or shielding take 137% with 3 second stun from the high-pitched wave. The omnipotent soundwave also shatters all ice on the stage; this means different things: 1stly, the icy floor goes away for 10 seconds before freezing over again. 2ndly, all that stuff that was frozen by Kyurem's chills shatters into pieces and is destroyed. Finally, if any character is frozen during the soundwave their body shatters into pieces for a KO. Because of this Kyurem will always follow-up with this attack if somebody got frozen by Ice Beam. The only saving grace is that Kyurem has 2 seconds of start-up lag for this move, giving victims time to get out of their icy tomb.

Dragon Claw: Those close to Kyurem get slashed by it's small claws, inflicting 80% KOing at 25%. Be sure to stay away from this.

After 14 seconds of playing, Kyurem suddenly becomes frozen by it's own chills. Unlike other Pokemon Kyurem does not go away normally; players have to push it off the stage as if attacking a Rolling Crate, but 5X harder. Kyurem breaks free after 5 seconds so be sure to make the most of this or else you will lose.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
GOLDEEN

Hahahaha! I was really scared when you threw that Poke Ball out, but you just got a freaking Goldeen! It's the worst Pokemon in Brawl, it doesn't even do ANYTHING! Now watch out, because I'm heading on over there to kick your butt! I can freely ignore this mere Goldeen, as it obviously couldn't possibly do anything to harm me whatsoever! Why is it starting to glow by the way?

GOLDEEN USED NIGHT BURST!

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

When Zoroark is sent out of his Poke Ball, he appears to be a meek, helpless Goldeen. This is only a ruse though, as it is the Illusion Pokemon and master of disguise. It continues to splash around uselessly until an enemy gets within the radius of a smart bomb of him. It then glows and uses Night Burst, Zoroark's signature move, which creates an explosion the size of a smart bomb that deals 28% damage and kills around 80%.

So let's ask ourselves. Are we really willing to risk that that Goldeen is all that it seems?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Howdy peeps! Results are in for our Final Cut, Final Smash mini and I'd first and foremost like to thank you all for voting! Lots of votes came in this week. Also, I'd like to express my approval towards the fact that we already have so many submissions for next week, excellent work guys!

1. Toon Sheik's Final Smash by MarthTrinity (8 votes)
2. Dr. Mario's Final Smash by SmashDaddy (7 votes)
3. Plusle and Minun's Final Smash by i8pie (5 votes)

Roy's Final Smash by gcubedude (4 votes)
Plusle and Minun's Final Smash by Junahu (4 votes)
Dr. Mario's Final Smash by Marioman19 (2 votes)
Mewtwo's Final Smash by Katapultar (1 vote)​

Once again, thank you all for participating, voting and enjoying all of our entries
(especially mine this week ;P)

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
Nice, third place for my first Mini. Didn't expect to go so high, because it was just one cool concept with some generic buffs.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
friggen Kat and his clown fetish
This is where I get my kicks from. When people express their mild annoyance it makes me happy and laugh.

Of all the Pokemon made so far, some are funny, but this is nothing short of clever. Props to you for thinking of something so ingenious. My favorite one so far.

Howdy peeps! Results are in for our Final Cut, Final Smash mini and I'd first and foremost like to thank you all for voting! Lots of votes came in this week. Also, I'd like to express my approval towards the fact that we already have so many submissions for next week, excellent work guys!

Once again, thank you all for participating, voting and enjoying all of our entries
WOW somebody actually voted mine for the first time. I should do Ronald McDonald more often. By the way now we know what Mewtwo's Final Smash is going to be next Brawl game.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
Ask her out and see if there is any sign form her side. make the first move then coz girls don;t usually do. gud luck!.

I don't think you should be offering romance advice in the Brawl section of the SWF, let alone in here...

EDIT: I noticed. In the other forums it posted about selling ties... uploaded this first though so... now I have a useless picture.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Made within 1 hour-ish, extremely quick......................so yeah.................

Steelix

Steelix is Onix's evolution, which is strangely catchable in Diamond and Pearl. Methinks Flint caught one at the last second and gave it Rare Candies because there weren't enough Fire-Types pre-national in the first game. I hated that, because Fire is my favorite type. Anyway, you may think that Steelix would be broken like how Plorf did him but I never thought Onix should have been broken in the first place, so Steelix is balanced.

In Brawl Steelix cannot move by itself; all you can do is aim it's head like a Cracker Launcher and turn around. Pretty lame. Except that Steelix has permanent Super Amour and Anti-Grab Amour from it's body which is HARDER THAN ANY METAL. How do enemies beat this monstrosity? They have to get it angry by hitting it 5 times, dubbed Pursuit Mode. When this happens Steelix will becomes furious and attempt to chase after the nearest character at Ganon's Dash Speed with it's body outstretched like a snake's; you cannot control how Steelix moves but can still attack. Steelix never stops, if it hits something during it's rampage it'll do 25% KOing upwards at 80% to the unlucky victim and then proceed to the next character. For enemies to kill Steelix, they must lure it offstage to it's death; to make things easier for the escapee if Steelix stays on the exact same path for at least one second it will not be able to turn around automatically for 1/2 a second per 1 second; this makes killing Steelix possible on stages like Flat Zone. Steelix's rampage lasts for 10 seconds but the time can be extended by 5 seconds if Steelix hits something, even if it's a trap. Beating Steelix requires something other than brute force, as this beast keeps it's title of Defense.

Specials

Down Special - Dig
Steelix momentarily dives into the ground before rising out from another newly-made hole underneath it's opponent's feet (or the closest edge if they were offstage), doing 12% with set upwards knockback 2 SBBS if they touch Steelix. If there was enough distance from the hole that Steelix made to the opponent's position, there will be 2 holes not overlapping each other, otherwise you'll only get 1 hole. Like many others before it Steelix can use down to burrow between positions, taking 1 second to do so, though enemies can sabotage a hole by hitting it 3 times. Steelix cannot use this move if there is only 1 hole.

If Steelix runs over a hole while in Pursuit Mode it will automatically use it to get to the other side. Beware though, as Steelix will automatically self-destruct if it goes over a hole that leads nowhere. Because of this enemies will take care to destroy one hole and leave one around so that you can't use this move and end up killing yourself with your own move...on the other hand this is Steelix's only approach move.

Neutral Special - Dragonbreath
Steelix lets loose a yellow-ish mist from it's mouth in front of it. First used it reaches out 1 SBBs in front of it but within 2 seconds it reaches out in a cone-shape that extends 2X as far as ROB's Diffusion Beam, lasting for 5 seconds afterwards.

Enemies who touch this mist-trap take 5% and are paralyzed by it's fowl stench like ZSS. It reaches out pretty far so they'll have to wait a moment for it to wear off. Steelix can't use this move for 14 seconds afterwards.

Side Special - Hyper Beam
Steelix charges energy in it's mouth before firing it with the same size and control properties as Aura Storm, but lasting only 1/4 as long. This beam does a whopping 35% to anyone hit and spikes them, into their downed state if there's floor below them, otherwise it's a OHKO. Downside to this move: Steelix cannot move for a whole 10 seconds afterwards, it entering it's Pursuit Mode once the timer's up if so. It's up to enemies to decide whether they want to provoke Steelix or set-up their game while it becomes a statue for a moment.

Up Special - Slam
Steelix brings it's tail back before slamming it forth. This is surprisingly fast with good reach and does 14% KOing at 225% to enemies; if they are on top of one of Steelix's holes when it uses this they'll be pitfalled, destroying the hole in the process.

Smashes

F-Smash - Outrage
Steelix shows a green-with-envy face before reach out in a Chain Chomp fashion; this does 21-32% that kills at 140-110% to enemies that are hit by this. Steelix has to retract it's body slowly after doing this, making it rather susceptible to attack. A very quick kill move but falters in end lag.

U-Smash - Strength
Steelix slams the ground with it's tail before it makes the ground rise upwards with it. The ground travels upwards at Sonic's Dash Speed until it reaches the 3/4 distance between it's original ground and the top of the screen, doing 25% killing at 99% to anyone hit to or from. The ground stays in the air for 5 seconds before falling back down; KOing anyone who is underneath it at the time. This is mostly for safety measures, but you may be able to use it to your advantage.

D-Smash - Bind
Steelix swings it's tail around like Rayquaza's attack, but this is done at lightning-quick pace. Anyone caught by Steelix suffers being grabbed while Steelix can extend or retract it's tail to move them around wherever it wants to. The enemy takes 5-8% a second until they can escape.

Standards/Pursuit Mode
Steelix has no aerials, but rather can use it's Standards in Pursuit Mode

Standard - Roar
Steelix quickly opens it's mouth to let out a roar that cuts the enemy's speed down to 1/8ths until they use another move. Good for catching the enemy on the end lag of their move.

F-tilt - Headbutt
Steelix halts it's movement for a second before moving forth at MK's Dash Speed momentarily if there's any momentum applied. This does 15% with high hitstun, making it smooth to use.

U-tilt - Knock Down
Steelix straightens itself so it stands tall like a tower. In this mode it acts like a wall to enemies, Steelix falling on it's enemy if you use the A button; this does 25% with set knockback 4 SBBs backwards; beware.

D-tilt - Stealth Rock
Steelix plants it's whole body into the ground until only it's head is showing. In this form the 3 pointy things from it's sides do 5% with flinching to anyone who touches them, but these are invisible. Steelix can still use projectiles in this form, and has longer time getting out and pursuing foes.

Grab - Crunch

Steelix opens it's mouth up before clamping it down. Enemies will have to be in range of it's mouth, to which will hold them in it's mouth. This can be used during Pursuit Mode or during the U-tilt.

Pummel - Chew
Steelix chews it's opponent, doing 3% per hit; additionally this cuts Steelix's current pursuit speed in 1/2 and even stops it if the only victim on the stage is in it's mouth. If you can hold the enemy for 2 seconds while constantly pummeling them, Steelix will get out of pursuit mode.

F-throw - Rage
Like DK's F-throw this allows Steelix to carry itself and the foe wherever it wants to go until they escape. Watch them struggle in the mean time.

B-throw - Reversal
Steelix turns around with it's victim, slamming them into the ground for 5% in the process as the throw continues.

U-throw - Fire Fang
Steelix crushes it's foe in it's jaws, doing 30% as they are deposited in front of the beast for it's next obvious attack. There's one second to escape from this or else they'll get it.

D-throw - Double Edge
Steelix flies forward with foe in mouth at Fox's Dashing Speed, doing 30% KOing at 70% to enemies in it's way as it travels straight. You can use this to commit suicide with your pal.

Final Smash - Gold Steelix

Steelix transforms into it's Golden form while this music plays. From here it enters a permanent Rage Mode, moving at Sonic's Dash Speed and doing 40% KOing at 65% to anyone who gets in it's way, destroying all traps in the process as it is invincible but can still be KOed. This lasts for 6 seconds before fading, though the music continues to play until Steelix is KOed.

Playstyle
Too lazy to write one. I can trust your intuition reader, no?

If there was a prize for the worst set in MYM9 it would probably go to this. Kinda got carried away and yeah... I made this because I wanted to do a Joke-ish set for Flint because he looks like Ronald McDonald, was going to use Steelix, Lopunny and Rapidash but Steelix had a nice idea in mind so I decided not to waste it for 1 set.

Smady

Smash Master

Gah, so close! Though I did lose to a very respectable entry - pretty much as soon as I saw how long that mini was, I knew it would win. Good job, MT. Also, expect some commentary on this end in a few hours. :bee:

Junahu

Smash Ace
Nothing beats a...

Jelly Donut
Jelly Donuts are triangular balls of rice, filled with fish and wrapped in seaweed.
It's a favourite snack of Pokemon Breeders across the globe.
Jelly filled just so happen to be my favourite btw.

Rarity: RARE (the more Pokemon currently in battle, the higher the odds of this "pokemon" appearing)

So, you threw a Pokeball and got a Jelly Donut? Well done a winner is you!
It doesn't "do" anything per se, you can eat it if you want, like any other foodstuff (heals 35%). Tasty! And it makes you think twice about throwing every Pokeball you see directly at your opponent.

Ok, but what else? Well, Jelly donuts are totally yummers, and even Pokemon love their exotic taste. So any Pokemon already out, will make a mad dash for the tasty treat. Yes, even the otherwise immobile Pokemon will somehow saunter their way over. If a Pokemon in motion meets with an opponent, they will deal knockback and damage relative to the Pokemon's speed and weight. Especially watch out for Pokemon like SNORLAX, who will literally come crashing down and stampede towards the food like a crazed animal.

Whichever Pokemon makes it to the Jelly Donut first is the winner of this little race and gets to eat it (unless SNORLAX is involved, as he will ravenously tear the food away from whoever has it). Once eaten, all the Pokemon resume their normal behaviour. Any Pokemon who reached the donut in time to take a bite will now be aligned to whoever summoned the donut in the first place, which is pretty handy.
KYOGRE about to rain hell on you? Jelly Donut. Now he's the foe's problem. neato

Ok, but surely the foe could just eat the donut first? Of course, if they don't mind having every Pokemon out at that time suddenly align against them. Yeah, Pokemon don't like having food taken from them. I thought you knew that. Geez, what kind of Pokemon master doesn't know that Pokemon hate snack stealers?

It's a DONUT!?

Smady

Smash Master
Yet another Katapultar moveset that seems quite rushed. Steelix presents a rather unspoiled idea in the “forced” archetype of playstyle that means you're naturally reacting to an opponent, but simply choosing how to react specifically. In this way, you can imagine something like a Chain Chomp moveset working well – the mechanic here is incredibly simplistic, very similar to how the mechanic in Tutankoopa works. There are obvious flaws; it's a joke set, it's also missing about six inputs, doesn't have a playstyle and yet again references some Ronald McDonald YouTube videos. There's not much to say aside from that.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum

Torterra
I really like this Mini. What you did here is simple, but it's unique, and works pretty well. I'm not sure what the apple does, though; do you eat it like a food item, or throw it like one of Wispy Wood's apples? Other than that, I like.

~~S p o i n k~~

Another simple but fun set. I don't think there are any other items in SSB that carry around another item with them in plain sight. He'd certainly be fun in item matches.

Kyurem

Godammit, use spoiler tags when talking about events in games that haven't come out yet. :mad:

Madness aside, this is one awesome Mini. I love how frozen world works, though I'm not a huge fan of all the attacks Kyurem can do; in fact, they seemed tacked on just for the sake of making the set seem longer.

Damn, this is creative! I never would have thought of turning Goldeen into such a threat. How deceptive. Stay away from Goldeen.

I think this is the most realistic Mini so far. I can easily picture how this would work. The Pokemon in SSB are generally very simple and perform a single attack, and that is just what Zoroark does.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
First contribution to MYM9

Poke Ball, go!

#417 ~ Pachirisu!

Pachirisu is a little Electric-type rodent native to the Sinnoh region. It's bursting full of energy, both literally and figuratively. Its highest stat is its Speed, but its offensive stats leave much to be desired. There is one thing it can do to deal plenty of damage, though....

Super Fang

When Pachirisu is released from a Poke Ball, he will take a second to bounce up and down happily. Isn't he cute? Then, he will charge for the nearest foe at the speed of Fox's dash with its front teeth glowing white and elongated to a very large size! Ahhhh! Pachirisu will jump if necessary to get closer to his quarry. He will only go as far as half of Final Destination, though. If he makes contact with a foe, he will bite down on them hard, doubling the foe's current damage percentage. Obviously, this is much more devastating when your foe has sustained a lot of damage already. Super Fang won't deal any knockback, just damage, so it's up to you to deal the finishing blow. After biting (or failing to bite) a foe, Pachirisu will pause for a second, then try again two more times, for a total of three attacks. Watch out for those squirrels!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
WADDLE DOO
Air Man is a thoroughly boring read – it’s quite OOC for you to do something so detrimental to readability by spamming the Waddle Doo Tornado thing, and even more OOC for you to make the specials last considering you think that any creativity outside the specials is verboten. Of course, you still make clear this is a Junahu set with how utterly generic all the non Special inputs are, and to top it all off you essentially have an entire 2 specials – a smash special that’s a buffed version of the tilt special doesn’t count. All the creativity we’ve been waiting for throughout the whole set is 2 whole moves. Well done.

We both know I’d like to end the comment there, but the playstyle summary manages to redeem the set to an extent that one would think only HR is capable of – though there’s a hell of a lot to redeem. That said, I think this is probably your most successful take on a versatile character, which probably means more to you than to me. In particular, this feels like a revival of what made Dingodile so famous about not falling down against pressure – except Air Man still has actual set-up involved, a far larger accomplishment. I feel Air Man also has a much more natural playstyle for chaotic FFAs than Etna, not having to tack on attacks that hit 2 people for it.

POKEMON THAT IS 10X LAMER BECAUSE OF NO SANDSTORM FORM
You don’t need me to tell you that the aerials shouldn’t of been the weather changing moves and it should’ve been the specials instead – if possible, stage control/attacks with no hitboxes should go on specials/smashes. Considering Castform is so floaty and almost all of his attacks are ranged, he begs to have his aerial game be more than setting up his ground-game, and even then you have plenty of leftover inputs with the meaningless generic standards and the mirrored throw/aerial. Aside from inputs, Castform also struggles a lot in the readbility department, mostly due to you being so inconsistent with your established mechanics and struggling to describe simple attacks. Combined with Castform’s moves being on the wrong inputs, he feels even more needlessly awkward when he has all of those moves which do nothing but manipulate weather zones to be different sizes and inputs – he needs more stuff to actually do with his weather zones after having manipulated them so much. Even these seemingly essential inputs come off as filler when Blizzard is just blatantly Hail.

I –do- like the theme of getting the foe wet from rain then freezing them with hail, and Castform’s various spacing moves to try to get the foe under whichever specific weather effect he needs. The interactions between rain and hail are there and there –is- definitely some playstyle with them, but the amount o firrelevant inputs is staggering, particularly when we factor in the Sunny Day inputs which directly conflict with the main theme of Rain/Hail while contributing little of their own. The low quantity of fire based inputs showed you had little idea what to do with them, but Castform definitely needs Sunny Day properly implemented with the other two kinds of weather less he be OOC. I know combining fire with cold based magicy stuff is awkward, but it’s far from impossible.

BONK’S ADVENTURE

The Scout’s writing style is a happy medium between something like Hazama and something like. . .Any of Junahu’s female sets. The character is very much present and alive, unlike Junahu’s style, while you don’t get carried away with it and don’t refer to the reader directly that much – the moveset isn’t using the writing style as a blatant crutch, and is still a very brief read. This is mostly in part due to the Scout’s simplistic moves, and while I’d normally be more annoyed about how incredibly simplistic the moveset is the Scout has little potential for more, and you –did- manage to get in a decent bit of legitimate hit and run playstyle, and that’s what really counts. That said, I do wish there were more playstyle links on a move by move basis, and the two drinks feel –very- iffy to say the least. I could sort of buy the playstyle relevance with the speed buffing drink, but the power buffing one seems to be a forced attempt at eating up a Special, much less when the speed one already exists.

COMPUTER WITH BOOBS
XP Tan has interactions out the wazoo, but as movesets such as Mawile have taught us, interactions don’t automatically mean playstyle and can be used as a way to make random creativity. A lot of the ways XP Tan has to manipulate her windows don’t really seem to give XP Tan any logical motive for manipulating them in such a way, and are kind of just there to make them less fillerish – which is strange considering how much absolutely adore filler in Air Man. That said, the degree of control you have over windows is quite impressive in this set, along with turning the foe “virtual” to make them only able to interact with certain things – especially fun when you make parts of the stage virtual as well. There aren’t really that many blatant filler inputs in the set, but the mechanic feels pointless and contributes little but a means of trying to balance the set. For all the manipulation of the windows there is, the playstyle feels too general for my liking, and this is too focused to pull off a more general playstyle like Air Man’s.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
King Boo

King Boo is the supreme ruler of the Boos, as you may have surmised by now. He commands a vast army of ghosts who all look up to his superior intellect. Although King Boo does not have ungodly power on his own and prefers to hide behind his subordinates as they do the dirty work, his abilities increase with the number of ghosts in the vicinity to the point where he can spawn an entire mansion out of thin air. Other than Bowser, King Boo is arguably the only competent mainstream Mario villain.

Statistics

Traction ~ * ~ * ~ 10
Aerial Movement ~ * ~ * ~ 8
Jumps ~ * ~ * ~ 6.5
Size ~ * ~ * ~ 6
Weight ~ * ~ * ~ 5
Fall Speed ~ * ~ * ~ 3
Movement ~ * ~ * ~ 3

Don't let those moronic sports titles fool you; King Boo is -not- a heavyweight...he's a bloody ghost, did you ever think for a second he actually had much mass? King Boo floats a short distance above the ground, glides to dash, and even has three aerial jumps with which to float around the skies. Although King Boo is hardly competent at close range, he won't be alone in any of his fights. King Boo, playing by the rules? How utterly preposterous...any -true- devious mastermind knows how to cut his opponents off at the knees before they do the same to him.

Attributes

King Boo refuses to stoop down to the level of the pathetic mortals he's facing and use a cutesy little bubble shield. Instead, he allows his minions to take the hits for him, surrounding himself in a misty white orb double the size of a regular shield. This shield acts just like a regular bubble shield, in that when it takes enough hits or is held out too long, it vanishes and leaves King Boo dizzy. However, the shield can absorb up to double the damage of a regular shield, and never shrinks from absorbing hits. In addition, if an opponent tries to grab King Boo as he shields, a Boo mouth will appear on the shield and bite the character, dealing 10% and stunning them for half a second. King Boo sure has a godly shield game, right? He sure needs it, considering his dodges and rolls are rendered quite laggy, due to his floatiness.

In other words, King Boo's shield is his defensive game. Plain and simple.

That said, King Boo cannot hide behind his shield for an entire match; in order to overcome opponents, King Boo must sacrifice some of his shield's effectiveness in order to boost his offensive abilities up to the point of viability. Although King Boo's defensive options are superb if he leaves them be, he cannot build anywhere near sufficient damage to win a match playing a purely defensive game alone. By giving up some of his defensive prowess, King Boo rises from an offensive failure to a fairly powerful character. He can also sacrifice his entire game to become an extreme glass cannon; he can utterly **** offensively, but will fall absurdly fast to even the slightest instance of defense. A purely offensive game is a losing game for King Boo just as much as a purely defensive game. Creating a balance between defense and offense is vital to winning a match as the King of the Boos.

Specials

Neutral Special - Boo Buddy
King Boo cackles, causing a Soccer Ball-sized Boo underling to appear spawn in front of him with .1 second startup lag. The ghost floats at your nearest opponent lazily at Ganondorf's walk...if your nearest opponent is facing the opposite direction, that is. Otherwise, Boos will simply freeze in place and blush, covering their eyes. Boos have 20 HP each and stay onstage until they are KOed; King Boo is able to have up to seven Boos onstage at one time. As in the games, it's generally not ideal for characters to have Boos surrounding them on both sides; opponents -may- want to keep King Boo on one side of them to prevent this from becoming an issue.

If a Boo comes into contact with an opponent, it vanishes inside them, and begins biting away at...their shield? Yeah, the Boos don't actually mean to harm your character, they just want to screw with them a little. For every second a Boo is inside a character, your character's shield is technically 'out'. It isn't visible, and won't defend them, but it slowly diminishes in size as if it were -actually- out. If a character shields after a Boo has messed with them, their shield will come out at the smaller size the Boo whittled it down to.

If the Boo completely destroys a shield, the opponent will automatically become dizzy if they try to shield. Due to the Boos' ghastly magic, the shield won't automatically regenerate either; opponents must either become dizzy to regain their shield, or just not shield at all (most opponents will likely choose the latter). Characters can shake Boos out with slightly easier than grab difficulty, although if multiple Boos enter a victim at the same time, it is much more difficult to do so, and the victim's shield will decay more rapidly from the inside. Boos leave a victim and vanish once they've completely whittled down their shield, becoming usable by King Boo again after fifteen seconds. A KOed Boo also returns to King Boo after fifteen seconds.

Although King Boo can deploy all seven Boos without much hesitation at all to overwhelm an opponent, think twice before you do so; for every ghost King Boo sends out, his shield shrinks slightly. With three Boos onstage, the four Boos he holds onto provide him with a shield slightly larger and more durable than the average bubble, while a mere one Boo shield is pathetically tiny and flimsy. Even if you send out many Boos and break your opponent's shield from the inside, they won't even need to shield to overcome the defenseless king; King Boo attacks as well as disables enemy defenses through his precious underlings. If you send them all out and they all vanish, you're left without means to do anything but pray for mercy. You don't want to all seven of your Boos to vanish after destroying a shield when only sacrificing three or less will suffice. Increased shield destruction speed is not worth putting your very stock at stake.

King Boo can dash through any Boos he has sent after opponents, turning them into mist and absorbing them for his own use again. If a Boo has been attacked prior to you absorbing it, the damaged Boo regains 1 HP per second inside its master. Don't let this fool you into thinking you can send out and call back Boos with utmost ease, though; King Boo's slow movement doesn't do him any favors when it comes to chasing down stray Boos. Use your loyal ghost underlings safely and effectively to give your opponents the scare of their life!

Down Special - Vanish
With .5 second startup lag, King Boo simply turns invisible; elaborate trickery is only necessary when you're facing opponents who are, you know, competent. King Boo can remain invisible for up to five seconds, and is able to use this move once every fifteen seconds. While invisible, he suffers no damage from enemy attacks, but is not invulnerable to knockback. In addition, King Boo is able to dash through solid characters without being slowed down in the slightest. He is also able to dash through any Boos he has onstage without them noticing and joining back with him. This allows him to dash through Boos and his opponent, then send out Boos on their opposite side, effectively surrounding them with the mischievous little buggers.

Side Special - Ethereal Flame
King Boo spits up a high-priority blue fireball slightly larger than Luigi's, with .4 second lag on both ends. Characters who hit the flame take 10% and knockback that KOs around 110%. King Boo can have up to seven of these babies out at once. Wait, what? Isn't only three fireballs 'broken' enough to cause an outcry? Well, it would be...if King Boo could -always- spit out seven fireballs. The King can spit out as many fireballs as there are Boos onstage; if no Boos are onstage, King Boo only coughs a Deku-Nut sized blue ember to the ground in front of him, dealing a paltry 3% and a bit of stun. The regular blue balls King Boo spits hone in on the nearest non-flaming Boo (read: not opponent) at Ganondorf's dash speed for a second and a half.

When a fireball hits a Boo, the Boo takes the damage of the fireball as it catches on fire. The poor flaming ghost moves around at double its regular speed for seven seconds before the flame goes out. The fireball's hitbox is transferred to the Boo as it continues pursuing opponents, temporarily replacing its regular hitbox that allows it to go inside characters. If a Boo is inside a character and gnawing at their shield while King Boo spits a fireball, the flame hones in on the actual character, due to the ghost being inside them (it won't hurt the ghost, in this case). All in all, these fireballs are quite the handy projectile; King Boo can either create a multitude of flaming obstacles, or wait until the ghosts are inside an opponent before blasting the opponent with multiple balls. Plus, while fireballs themselves aren't difficult to dodge, characters will usually give the Boo more time to whittle down their shield as they dodge the projectiles.

Clearly, the KO potential of the move increases with more flaming Boos onstage. King Boo will want to think and choose before torching his minions, however. You see, he'll be cutting their health in half by setting them aflame, possibly KOing ghosts that have already been attacked. If you torch the ghosts you have onstage early on, they'll build your opponent's damage, but will be KOed even more quickly by opponents as soon as their flame wears off, leaving King Boo with less (or even no) resources. In addition, King Boo cannot call back flaming Boos until the fire is extinguished; this isn't an option that the King can toss out thoughtlessly. Wait to set your souls on fire until you're actually ready to finish your opponent for good. At that time, if the Boos have devoured your rival's shield, they won't even be able to power-shield the flaming hitbox you send at them without becoming dizzy!

Up Special - Ring of Fighters
King Boo stops and screeches, causing any Boos he has onstage to come together and form a small circle in front of their master after .7 second, spinning around at a moderate pace, moving into the foreground and background. From there, King Boo has three options for his little circle of li...death; he cannot move until he makes his choice, so don't dilly-dally! Those opponents will be eying King Boo during his startup lag like a lion eyes a sleeping gazelle. Without any Boos onstage, King Boo's screech is an extremely close-range hitbox that stuns opponents for a half second.

King Boo can tap B to simply materialize inside the circle, instantly regaining all of the circling Boos at once. More interestingly, by pointing the control stick at himself, the circle of Boos materializes under their king. His loyal minions provide him with an ethereal 'platform' with which to use for controllable recovery for five seconds. King Boo's recovery is around Ganondorf's walk speed with just one ghost under him, but becomes quite a bit faster with upwards of four ghosts. Due to his ability to summon Boos quickly, combined with a slow fall speed, King Boo can call out ghosts in mid-air before using Up Special to increase the effectiveness of recovering. While recovering, King Boo can send his ghosts back to pursuing opponents with a casual press of B.

While the Boos are circling, King Boo can also point the control stick away from himself. This causes the Boos to materialize under his nearest opponent (this also happens if an opponent touches the circle of Boos before King Boo makes a selection). The Boos surround the victim for seven seconds, laughing annoyingly and spinning around them at a set distance. The opponent cannot escape from or attack the Boos' circle, as it follows them around and becomes transparent upon touching enemy attacks, but the victims won't take any damage...that is, unless they try spot-dodging or air-dodging.

If they do so and lean back into a Boo, they take 5% and a second of hitstun (if the Boo is on fire, they take an extra 10% too). Those darn Boos just love being mean, don't they? Of course, if there are less Boos in the circle, gaps do open up that opponents can safely dodge into. King Boo can remedy this by sending out a circle of more Boos, but this means sending out more Boos to begin with, which means sacrificing your dear defense. Decisions, decisions...

Standards

Jab - Twister
By simply tapping A, King Boo quickly spins to slap forward with one arm lightly to create a purple spark of magic two Battlefield platforms in front of him. By repeatedly tapping A, King Boo spins around in place, slapping forward repeatedly with both arms and causing the spark to flash repeatedly. King Boo's arms have a weak hitbox of 1% per slap. Although the slaps are fairly rapid, each knocks opponents back slightly, granting them easy punishment on King Boo.

However, the spark has an interesting hitbox of its own. Opponents who hit the spark take 1% and are flipped to face in the opposite direction. If King Boo chooses to hold out this jab, any opponent touching the spark are flipped around multiple times rapidly, taking light damage all the while. If a grounded opponent is preoccupied avoiding or attacking Boos, King Boo has a better chance of landing the spark hitbox...and hey, flipping them around uncontrollably is exactly what the Boos want, in order to creep up on and take advantage of their hapless victim.

Dash Attack - Ghostly Comet
King Boo begins performing multiple rapid barrel rolls as he jets forward at slightly faster than Mario's dash speed. Characters who hit King Boo take 10% and trip, as he jets right on through them and keeps on truckin'. However, the King can't keep up this dash attack -forever-; if he holds it out for more than a second and a half, or approximately Battlefield's length, he becomes dizzy for the same time upon release. Quite a shame, considering the near lagless startup (a rarity for King Boo). King Boo can quickly dash through any Boos he has onstage to pick them back up, as long as they aren't -too- far away. He can also simply flee from opponents for a short time at a higher speed than his regular dash would allow; this may come in handy if you're stuck without defense for whatever reason.

Forward Tilt - Huff and Puff
King Boo takes a deep breath when the input is first pressed, before exhaling a stream of wind with .4 second startup upon release. While inhaling, King Boo pulls in opponents at half the speed of Dedede's special, stunning them for a half second if they hit him. If the input is simply tapped, King Boo will simply blow a little line of wind as thick as a Pikmin forward one-third of Battlefield, pushing characters back like Whispy Woods on Green Greens for less than half a second. With a second and a half of inhaling, King Boo spews out a gust as thick as Dedede crouching across the length of Battlefield, pushing opponents away with 1.5 times FLUDD's force for a full second. King Boo can angle the direction he inhales and exhales as he primes the move.

King Boo can temporarily space opponents from him by blowing them away, although they'll get to him eventually due to King Boo needing to charge the move for it to have any use. However, with Boos onstage, this becomes a helpful spacing tool for the royal Boo. Floaty Boo minions are pulled in and blown with 1.5 times the force opponents are dragged around (Boos are absorbed if they reach King Boo). The King can pull or push Boos to one side of an opponent, forcing them in the opposite direction, or possibly surrounding them if he blows a ghost to one side, then sics another on his opponent. Lastly, if King Boo tries this on a flaming Boo, the Boo's flame will be extinguished automatically, returning it to its regular hitbox.

Down Tilt - Slobber
King Boo swings his blue tongue out over .45 second, as some ghostly drool appears on the end of it. Although his tongue reaches out a character width, it doesn't turn into a bloody massive blob like in Sunshine; the range isn't great, considering the sub-par speed of the move. If King Boo licks an opponent, they take 5% and are pushed back slightly. They also get covered in drool, which is far from convenient in the middle of an intense fight.

You see, every other time a drool-covered opponent attempts to roll or spot dodge, the slippery victim will trip clumsily. While in their slobbered state, the victim also trips one in every four times they try to dash. The only way to remove the drool is for the victim to turn left to right rapidly fifteen times in a row, shaking off the saliva. If the fifteen turns are not completed in one go, the saliva continues to plague the character. Of course, it is far from ideal to be turning back and forth while Boos are hot on your tail. However, it is generally even less ideal to be robbed of your primary defensive maneuvers in the same situation. King Boo can generally take advantage of a turning victim with less Boos than he otherwise would need to overwhelm an opponent, due to it constantly moving at them as they turn away. King Boo cannot stack the slobber effect. Also, he will want to refrain from using jab on a slippery opponent, due to the spinning magic helping them out in getting rid of the slime.

Up Tilt - Ambush
King Boo spreads his arms and sticks his tongue out at victims laglessly, taunting them. This is done with one press of A; upon another press, King Boo turns transparent, rises up Mario's height, and slams down to the stage. Both of animations take .5 second to complete. Characters who get slammed take 12% and become buried for a second. If Boos are onstage, the buried character will quickly be swarmed by the little pranksters.

On the flipside, King Boo will pretty much be required to sacrifice a good chunk of defense before he'll be able to land this on opponents; it's not like opponents will be coming after him when he's equipped with a seven-Boo shield. If King Boo whiffs this move, he's as good as dead...err, double dead? Either way, there's a lot of that fabled high-risk, high-reward involved here; if you can bait in opponents and bury them when the time is right, you'll find the match swayed in your favor in record time.

Smashes

Forward Smash - Boo Barrier
King Boo points forward, causing a varying number of his Boos to spawn in front of him, each new one on top of the last. Depending on the charge time, King Boo can spawn up to three Boos, which form a wall in front of him up to a Ganondorf high. Upon release, the Boos float forward off the blast zone at Mario's dash speed, pushing back opponents who they come into contact with (although dealing no damage). Because of this, a Boo wall can be used to gimp opponents effectively, as the lack of damage won't refresh their recovery on contact with the ghosts. On the other hand, King Boo will need to find a way to get his opponents offstage before going for the gimp, which can be troublesome at times. The Boos can also be attacked individually to lower their HP and KO them, removing them from the formation.

King Boo can perform an F-Smash while a Boo wall is traveling forward for the Boos to break formation and behave like they do regularly. Yes, you aren't always doomed to losing ghosts by just performing F-Smash. There are several instances where this tactic can come in very handy. King Boo can push an opponent away from him with a Boo wall, before disbanding the ghosts right next to their opponent, forcing them to scramble away, which may be difficult if they have, say, D-Tilt slobber on them to trip them up. King Boo can also send one wall of Boos in one direction and a second in the other, disbanding them both to position himself in between two groups of his minions. This tactic can work wonders on aerial characters, who will be surrounded by the ghosts when they land from their airborne antics.

Down Smash - Petrification
King Boo rises up slightly, before slamming to the ground over .9 second, sending a shockwave of mist in both directions. The waves are approximately half as tall as Squirtle, and travel between one and three Battlefield platforms at Wario to Mario's dash speed, depending on charge time. Characters who hit the waves take 12-18%, but no knockback whatsoever. That's not to say they aren't affected by the mist, of course. Characters who hit the mist become rigid with fear. Their attacks' priority are halved, while the attacks themselves deal half their regular damage and knockback.

This effect can plague them from anywhere between five and twelve seconds, again depending on charge time. While this can prevent King Boo from becoming knocked around too much, its real use comes with Boos onstage. Characters who hit the shockwave will have a much harder time KOing an army of ghosts with weaker attacks. If your opponent becomes riled up and begins dropping your minions like flies, a few waves of mist ought to throw a wrench into their plans for a while. The time opponents are petrified -can- be stacked with multiple D-Smashes, aiding King Boo in this regard. Just make sure those D-Smashes aren't punished; this move isn't exactly something you could...what's the expression...throw out in any situation.

Up Smash - Scream
King Boo aims his face upward and begins shaking slightly, before letting out a bloodcurdling haunted scream. The scream is depicted as three green shockwaves that come out vertically from his mouth, spaced a short distance apart. Each wave is half as long and wide as a crouching Dedede, and travel from two to four Ganondorfs up at Wario to Mario's dash speed, depending on charge time. King Boo can angle this Smash before and after release; if he angles before release, he can send his soundwaves diagonally left or right. If he waits until screaming to angle the move, he can send one soundwave left, one up, and one right. The Smash lasts about .85 second, despite having little lag on either end, so ensure you have enough room to aim your waves safely before attempting this.

Each wave deals 5-7% to characters, but no actual knockback. Instead, each wave footstools opponents downward, as they clutch their ears from the high frequency of the soundwave. King Boo can bring opponents back down to the stage, where his Boos will be able to pursue them more easily (their vertical movement is slow compared to that of characters). A more crafty option involves rendering a victim ground-bound close to an edge with a soundwave, before attempting a gimp with an F-Smash wall.

Aerials

Neutral Air - Flicker
King Boo vanishes in a poof of white smoke instantly, removing his hurtbox; this animation is identical to that of his air dodge. However, King Boo can hold this pose out for up to two and a half seconds before reappearing, falling as he does so to make the illusion more convincing; release A to fade back into existence. If King Boo fades back in on top of a character, they take 10% and knockback that KOs around 150%. If a character is attempting to pressure him at close range, he can alternate between N-Airs and actual air dodges to keep his opponent guessing. Before long, characters may be tricked into trying to punish his N-Air instead of his air ddge, allowing King Boo to reappear and punish their attack. King Boo reappears automatically if he lands, suffering truckloads of lag in the process.

Forward Air - Purple Flamer
King Boo spits out a Soccer Ball-sized purple fireball, which travels in a straight line for two Battlefield platforms at Mario's dash speed before sputtering out, with .4 second lag on both ends. This straight line flight pattern goes right out the window when a character is within two Battlefield platforms at the moment of the input (the fireball will travel straight if a character enters this range after the input is pressed). In this case, the fireball hones in on the victim for three seconds. Air dodging won't help in dodging it, either; the fireball hovers over top the character, hitting them as they return to the foreground. The fireball deals 14% and knockback that KOs around 120%, which isn't so bad for King Boo. This move can be great for keeping opponents out of King Boo's face in times of need (although the startup lag still won't do him any favors), as well as invalidating opponents' air dodges at close range or forcing them to air dodge into an Up Special ring of Boos.

Back Air - Flee
King Boo spirals backward a character width, cackling maniacally, with minimal lag on both ends. He may perform this maneuver several times in quick succession. Considering the bountiful boatloads of lag accompanying both ends of all of his other aerials, King Boo will often find himself jetting back once or twice in order to space himself for his other aerial antics. At the end of one backward dart, King Boo can quickly flick the control stick in the opposite direction, turning him to face in that direction. If he needs to quickly flee in the opposite direction, he can take advantage of this little trick, rather than laboriously landing and turning around.

Up Air - Hurricane of Mist
King Boo creates a Bowser-sized vortex of mist above him, with .45 second lag on both ends. The hurricane lasts for .75 second before fading away; any characters who enter the storm during this time are spun around in a circular shape, moving in and out of the background. They spin above King Boo for a set amount of time determined by him (up to three seconds, by holding the input). King Boo cannot suicide with this, as he'll always die first. He can, however, force the spinning character in one direction; by releasing the input, King Boo tosses the character in that direction, dealing 10% in the process. If the character is being surrounded by a ring of Up Special Boos, moving them into the background with U-Air can also force them into the little blighters.

Down Air - Catch and Release
King Boo opens his mouth, allowing a blue flame to extend down out of his mouth Ganondorf's height, with .45 second lag starting and .6 ending. He hangs the flame out for around a second, hoping to snare his prey, before reeling it back in. Characters who come into contact with the end of the flame take 12% and are dangled there like a fish on a hook, having to mash out with grab difficulty. Hitting the sides of the thin flame deals a minute 3% and some bonus hitstun.

King Boo will have to space this move carefully to land it, although his slow fall speed aids him when attempting to do so. Once he has a character in his grasp, King Boo can tap A to launch his victim toward the ground at breakneck speeds. He can also fall to the ground with his victim in tow; while without a victim he suffers an insufferable amount of landing lag, King Boo quickly holds any character he lands with in his regular grab. This is -if- he lands, of course; he can always just fall to a suicide KO, allowing the dangling opponent to take the fall first.

Grab-Game

Grab - Envelop
King Boo cackles and turns transparent over .4 second; he remains transparent for a second before becoming opaque again over .75 second. Should a character touch or attack the ghost king, he'll grow in size slightly, enveloping the character and trapping them inside him. Also, while transparent, King Boo does not absorb Boos that come into contact with him. He takes no damage from any attacks characters are performing as he absorbs them, allowing for him to grab and counter laggy attacks. However, if a character dodges King Boo's grab, the ghostly leader suffers becomes quite punishable. He cannot become transparent to snare opponents at a whim and expect to escape unscathed.

While carrying an opponent, King Boo is able to use his tilts on the victim in addition to his regular pummel and throws (which he performs by smashing the control stick). You want grab-game options, King Boo's got them! Due to his tilts being somewhat tough to land regularly, grabbing an opponent first provides King Boo with a window for including them in matches more often. He can space opponents from him using F-Tilt, slobber them with D-Tilt, or bury them with U-Tilt, benefiting him in several aspects of his game.

Pummel - Chill
King Boo shudders slightly with his opponent inside him, using his ghostly chilliness to immobilize his victim for .2 second. Each pummel deals 1% and can be performed at a moderate pace. Opponents can break free with increasing ease after each consecutive pummel, although King Boo will generally not have an issue pummeling a victim multiple times with one grab. He is able to prevent an opponent from doing anything during this time, meaning if he grabs and pummels an opponent a Boo has entered, the Boo will have more time to devour the victim's shield than it otherwise would. Outside Boos will also have more time to approach the victim, although Boos won't enter an opponent until they are released from King Boo's grab.

Forward Throw - Buried Alive
King Boo dives into the ground in front of him, carrying his opponent with him, before popping out, leaving his solid opponent buried in the ground, covered by a mound of dirt the size of a crouching Squirtle. Characters take 1% each second they are suffocating under the dirt, and must mash out with double grab difficulty. Characters can attack the mound of dirt to damage the buried character, although they will not be knocked back in the slightest. Boos will enter this grave to pursue an opponent, making this an even bigger headache for the victim. Hey, King Boo's grab is hard enough to land in the first place; he might as well have some half-decent throws that serve an actual purpose, yes?

Back Throw - Un-Velop
King Boo stops smothering his opponent and teleports directly behind them; however, the struggling opponent doesn't seem to get the memo. They continue flailing their arms as they attempt to struggle a short distance off the ground, trying to throw off King Boo. This might be worth their effort, except that...well, he's already off. The opponent struggles comically in mid-air for a second before falling to the ground, free to move. This is King Boo's weakest traditional throw, as it deals no actual damage. That's not to say it's worthless by any means, though; although King Boo cannot regrab the flailing opponent, he can send an F-Smash wall into them to push them around, as well as spin them helplessly with his jab, allowing any Boos in the vicinity to close in on their meal with ease.

Down Throw - Pirouette
King Boo twirls 'round and 'round at a sickeningly fast pace before releasing his victim. As he releases them, the opponent begins twirling around with careless abandon for their basic animation, dizzy as all hell. King Boo can hold his spin to increase the time his victim stays dizzy, but he must be cautious while doing so, lest he render himself dizzy for a time as well. After inputting the throw, King Boo can tap A to release his victim. For every half second King Boo spins, the victim remains dizzy for two seconds. However, after three seconds of spinning, King Boo enters his shield-break animation for a second and a half, unable to capitalize on his disoriented opponent.

If the dizzy victim tries walking or dashing in one direction, they teeter in that direction drunkenly, moving at a slightly slower speed than usual and having next to no traction. The character will enter a footstool effect after a second in the air, as well as trip stupidly instead of attacking every other attack they perform. Finally, if they try to move this way for more than a set time (two seconds walking and a second dashing), they get sick. The character leans into the background and pukes, taking 5% in the process. The puke lasts for fifteen seconds in the background, covering a Battlefield platform of space and tripping characters who try spot-dodging over it. Boos love to take advantage of dizzy opponents, as the opponent won't be able to flee for long without puking and hindering their defensive game. The opponent will also have a harder time attacking the meddlesome ghosts without stumbling pathetically. This is both an effective throw for opponent shield-breaking, as well as for comedic value.

Up Throw - Ruby Gaze
King Boo's eyes and crown flash red, before he spits up his victim a set distance, dealing 5-6%. The opponent glows red for seven seconds after this time, still under the gaze of the King. What does the gaze actually do? For the next seven seconds, any Boos King Boo releases with Neutral Special will appear directly behind the victim. These ghosts obviously have a much shorter distance to travel to get into your opponent's pan...shield, allowing King Boo to get the job done much faster. Of course, any old fool will try and prevent King Boo from taking advantage of this by consistently B-Airing to attack the Boos he creates. You may have to interfere with jab to get Boos into your victim this way, although it won't always be necessary to get the job done.

Final Smash

Final Smash - Giga Bowser...Costume
King Boo cackles and slowly spins all the way around. He forces the entire screen to spin with him, the stage and characters rotating around mid-battle. This doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect, but when the screen returns to normal, King Boo is gone...not. He falls back onstage wearing a Bowser costume; the costume is the size of Giga Bowser, and although the standards are all Bowser's, this incarnation has specials all its own. Down Special is an Inhaling move that extends all the way across the stage, pulling opponents in at double Dedede's Inhale rate. Opponents get pulled into Bowser's mouth, where he chews them like a piece of gum and spits them out. This deals a nice 36%, releasing the vore victim right in front of the costume.

Side Special causes Bowser to pull out a spiky ball as big as a regular Bowser and bowl it across the stage. The ball rolls at Sonic's dash speed until it hits a solid object, dealing 25% and great vertical knockback on contact. Finally, Up Special allows Bowser to spit out a homing Kirby-sized ball of ice. Characters who hit the blue ball take 10% and are immured in a block of ice, taking 2% per second until they mash out with double grab difficulty. Of note, if you try to turn around as Bowser, he merely turns his head all the way around and walks backward. He can still use all his regular moves; this is more a Luigi's Mansion shoutout, if anything. After fifteen seconds, the costume leaps off the screen top and King Boo rematerializes.

Playstyle

Alright, let's reiterate here for a second. King Boo begins his matches as a godly defensive character. His massive shield of Boos can stand up to almost anything any character can dish out, and King Boo will shrug it off as but a scratch. Characters can't even get around it by grabbing King Boo out of his shield, lest they be bitten in the arse...literally. To win a match, King Boo can roll around the stage, shrugging off enemy blows and blasting away the perpetrators left and right...right? I mean, with floaty, laggy rolls and dodges and literally no offensive options that don't involve sacrificing part of your shield, King Boo can obviously just rest in peace, knowing he'll come out on top, no matter what.

Okay, sarcasm aside, while King Boo's shield lends him incredible defense, the fact that it is comprised of the very minions King Boo needs to get any offensive work done means that it won't last for any period of time during a match. King Boo must send out Boos with Neutral Special to progress through the various phases of his match, which, of course, means he'll be whittling down his own shield. King Boo must sacrifice defense in order to become competent offensively. Depending on how much he does so, King Boo can tilt the scale totally in the opposite direction, becoming a godly glass cannon. That's not to say he wants to send out seven Boos all at once, all the time.

You see, offensive little Boos specialize in dismantling your opponent's defensive options, whether it be by eating away at their shield or disabling their spot and air dodges by forming a ring around them. However, if King Boo decides to completely kick his awesome shield to the curb, he won't have any material with which to overcome his opponents. Even if the opponents are rendered incapable of defending themselves, the opponent won't even need to dodge or shield to avoid King Boo's non-Boo attacks. I mean, what's he gonna do? Flip them around? Stun them? None of these will carry King Boo through a whole match after the Boos he sends out vanish (all Boos vanish after a Boo has destroyed a shield), and he'll likely have to simply flee from opponents until his Boos are available for use again. If he's attacked, he won't be able to defend, and he'll have a tough time recovering if he gets knocked offstage.

Fortunately, King Boo doesn't -need- to send out all seven Boos at once to get rid of an opponent's defensive options. He can slowly cut away all their options, one by one, while conserving his Boos to retain reasonable defense. It's generally the best option to start with an opponent's shield first. Three Boos can take down a shield fairly easily if sent out correctly, while even fewer ghosts can be deployed by superior players. King Boo will have to take into consideration on which side of his victim he unleashes his Boos on, as well as how much HP his minions have. King Boo can unleash minions on one side of an opponent, then jump over or dash through (with Side Special) the opponent and unleash more ghosts behind their back. The opponent will be forced to turn back and forth in order to keep both sides of ghosts at bay; if they become preoccupied with attacking one side, the other side will creep on it to get work done. If worse comes to worse and the opponent is putting your Boos in danger, King Boo can run through the ghosts to regain them. Easier said than done, but worth doing if they're on death's doorstop...again.

King Boo, of course, can screw with opponents trying to fend off ghosts both indirectly and directly. With some spacing, he can control the direction the opponent faces with jab, or force them to spin around recklessly with D-Tilt. He can push or pull Boos to one side of an opponent with F-Tilt. He can use D-Smash to weaken opponents trying to attack his minions. More directly and riskily, King Boo can intercept an enemy attack with his grab (or D-Air) and either use of his tilts on his enveloped victim, or use a stunning pummel or throw. Although Boos will not enter an opponent inside King Boo, they will wait right next to him to take over as soon as he releases his victim. Boos won't leave opponents King Boo grabs, however, meaning he can stall with a haunted victim to increase the ease with which the Boo gnaws away at their shield.

Unlike King Boo, shields aren't opponents' only defensive options, of course. However, King Boo can counter more than just shields using Boos, which is why he'll want to save a few for later. If King Boo loses three Boos taking down a shield, for example, he still has four to spare, and if he's feeling extra conservative, he can stall fairly effectively with a four-Boo shield until the other three Boos rejoin him. His opponent's shield won't return to them unless they choose to break it, so he's in no rush. Next, King Boo will want to take away opponents' spot and air dodges with a ring of Boos. As with before, three Boos is sufficient to disable these options, and more Boos will only get the job done more quickly. King Boo can put the final nail in his opponents' defensive coffin by eliminating their ability to roll or run away. He can use D-Tilt to turn his opponent into a wet mess and D-Throw to keep his opponent from dashing too much. Heck, even if they manage to escape, U-Throw allows King Boo to unleash his minions right next to his victim, wherever they are. Even though King Boo is far away from those atrocious baseball spin-offs, he's got his bases covered here.

Now, let's answer a question that may be weighing on your minds: why does King Boo need to abolish his opponents' defense? Why not just attack the opponent as they are? Well, if you want to find out, try using King Boo's primary damage-building and KOing strategies on an opponent who retains their defense. Trying to build some damage by shooting off some fireballs? They'll either have no problem air dodging through the flaming ghost or power-shielding the projectile (if a Boo is inside them and the fireball is coming at them). Trying to gimp a victim with an F-Smash wall of Boos? Weep as the victim simply rolls through the wall, unharmed, or air dodges through the U-Smash waves meant to sink their ship. Plus, a ring of ghosts surrounding an opponent provides King Boo with opportunities to force them to dodge...or at least enter the background with F-Air or U-Air, taking a good deal of hitstun and becoming vulnerable to more damage.

Mastering King Boo requires a combination of perception of balance from the player, as well as the ability to play the waiting game. Be aware of how many Boos are required to get the job done in certain situations, and send out no more or less minions. Be able to play it safe and wait until your Boos have returned from disabling one defensive option before sending them out to disable another, rather than going after both at once and being forced to preserve yourself without the luxury of a shield. Once your opponents are on their knees without the defense required to dodge your damaging and finishing options, show no mercy. Such is the life of a diabolical mastermind; pull the strings behind the scenes, and go for the jugular when presented with the opportunity. Who's afraid of ghosts now?!

Match-Ups

Vs. M. Trinity - 60/40
King Boo has less need to worry about MT's panties than most characters, because he floats. Unlike balloons, not all characters float, you know. They don't -all- float. Anyways, King Boo hovers over panties on the ground, removing the option from MT's arsenal. Both characters can rack damage on the other without much difficulty. MT can take advantage of King Boo as he sends out Boos and attempts to position them and her, with her array of sex moves. King Boo, on the other hand, can work with his spacing tools such as dash attack, B-Air, and Side Special to stay away from this fate, and position his Boos around MT, using F-Tilt and jab to keep MT in their range. He'll need these tools in this match-up, as MT can teleport away from Boos with annoying ease.

All in all, King Boo will need to play a rather offensive game right off the bat, when MT is busy laying out her panties which won't affect him. If he can take down MT's shield during this time, he'll have no problem hanging around to get his Boos back, then overwhelming MT with a great defensive shield to counter her grab (a vital staple of her game) as well as the offensive options to counter the defense she now lacks. MT will generally be using her panties as throwing weapons, due to their uselessness on the ground. King Boo can suffer damage from this option...without a solid shield. Otherwise, his massive ball of minions will shrug off the panties as if they were a child's playthings. King Boo's unique stature and sly options give him the upper hand over the voraciously vicious vixen in this match-up.

Vs. Tutankoopa - 20/80
King Boo has immediate problems against Tutankoopa due to the fact that his Boos, which he relies on so heavily, cannot defend themselves against Chompy. As he meanders around the playing field, Chompy mauls any Boos in his path, as the ghosts are more preoccupied with Tutankoopa than his big black pet. Of course, considering Tutankoopa generally sits back on his platform while Chompy hangs out below, the Boos will be out of Chompy's way to begin with...unless Tutankoopa gets down in front of Chompy, putting himself at risk in order to cleanly KO King Boo's minions, in one or two fell swoops. While this tactic may be dangerous due to Chompy aiming to target his master, King Boo won't be too far away in most cases. He'll most likely be hanging out near his minions, ready to scoop them up if they are put at risk by Chompy...putting himself in the crosshairs in the process.

In reality, King Boo finds it difficult to land his standards to get Boos inside Tutankoopa; he can't space properly for moves like jab and F-Tilt with Chompy in the way (and if he hits Chompy, it's all the worse for him). If he's on the ground, he'll be just as at risk as Tutankoopa, while if he's trying to get Tutankoopa off his platform with, say, F-Air, Tutankoopa can casually retaliate with an F-Air of his own, sending Chompy up to launch the King. Often, the most King Boo can hope for is to surround Tutankoopa with a ring of Boos and force him into them, although Tutankoopa will likely see this coming miles away and be prepared to counterattack by sending Chompy after the King as he sends out the ring. King Boo's fragile minions and moves requiring time and space pale in comparison to Tutankoopa and Chompy, who has much more leniency to wreak havoc onstage without worrying too much about suffering the possible consequences.

Extras

Up Taunt - Cackle
King Boo spreads his arms and sticks out his blue tongue, letting out his raspy laugh for all to hear. He who laughs last, laughs best.

Side Taunt - Spook
A Boo appears in front of his master, who covers his eyes for a split second, before letting out a nasty scream. This scares the little ghost, who shudders briefly and vanishes.

Down Taunt - Ruby Reflection
King Boo removes his crown and gazes at his reflection in it, proving he's superior than the average Boo by not cowering at himself in the mirror. He returns the crown to his head afterward, cackling lowly.

Entrance - Materialize
King Boo's crown floats onstage, seemingly without an owner. This is quickly proven false, as the ghost king makes himself visible under his ruby headdress.

Victory Pose #1 - Ring of Victors
King Boo spins around in the center of a ring of his spinning minions, cackling viciously, while his Boos chatter excitedly.

Victory Pose #2 - Delicious Dinner
King Boo gets up close to the camera and licks his lips. His opponents are not visible in this screen...I wonder where they went? As King Boo backs away from the screen, you can see that they are still there, clapping. What, did you think something happened to them? As a matter of fact, yes it did...they lost.

Victory Pose #3 - Eternal Slumber
King Boo's minions are seen sleeping around him, while the King celebrates on center stage. It appears they've been tuckered out after this long battle...nevertheless, King Boo screeches, sending them back to work. There's never any time for the white guys to rest, it seems.

Victory Theme - Big Boo Bonus
Whenever King Boo scores a victory, the clip played when a Luigi's Mansion boss is defeated rings in the background.

Loss Pose - Head Shake
King Boo shakes his head disappointedly in the background. Whether he is doing so out of poor sportsmanship or an inability to clap with such stubby arms is unknown.

Smady

Smash Master
By the enjoyment of readers in this contest, we do have yet another work by Kupa – this time in the form of King Boo. Flourishing in an environment entirely of his own liking – surrounded by his minions, the boos – causing the opponent no end of grief. The moveset combines the concept of “sides” well in what can be an awkward mechanic to implement within a two-dimensional fighting engine, with a liberal usage of inputs that individually disable the opponent and force them to play your hide-and-seek. It makes more sense here than in past efforts, where the moveset was structured around the off factoid that the opponent has to face a certain way – the very nature of the boos is embedded within this concept, which is what makes it so fitting.

The playstyle is atypical of one focusing on reservation of “ammunition,” in this case the boos, along with one concentrated toward fulfilling the tropes of the Mario series. Along with the look mechanic, you were able to fit in King Boo appearing over the opponent to hurt them, the invisibility [which you translate in its effectiveness in the native games as actual complete transparency here]. What is impressive is the combination of this kind of loyalty to the character, combined with fresh ideas for how his personality works within the playstyle through various thematic approaches – for example, the up special, a centrepiece for the playstyle, is a great creation on your part and further demonstrates who the character is, while also expanding on how he plays; it's a twofold development that is what always attracts me to your movesets.

It is an element of your movesets, to have prolific wording that sparks the imagination, while imbuing its own sense of style. Here, it's alive and well, though you make an odd typo at times – the wording also rarely stumbles, but it's noticeable when it does. This is in light of your very high standards – you can't really mark it down for small mistakes like that, as in all it still reads brilliantly. Again, though, I feel like the match-ups are the one area where you maybe should have expanded; only because I wanted to read more. The playstyle section was long, but covered basically everything. Great movesetting as always, Kupa.

n88

Smash Lord

I do plan on posting some movesets tomorrow, in celebration of my birthday, but I figured I'd put this one up early, in celebration of, uh. . . my birthday eve? Also because this way there's a nice sort of ghost theme for the day. Anyway, this one was written quickly, but not as a whole. Instead, I wrote the first chunk of it very quickly, waited several weeks, and then wrote the second chunk of it very quickly.​

Also, let's totally ignore the fact that MT ninja'd me and wrote a boss with a very similar mechanic not too long ago. He's always doing that (CRS)​

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
I'm so behind, but I'll start by commenting on the minis so far.

Torterra
My fave final form of the 4th gen starters, Torterra is pretty cool. I like how, like a turtle, he doesn't do much until he's hurt. Good job

Spoink
So in a sense, the Pokeball drops a live, moving item in the shape of a cute pig thing. Cool idea.

Ninjask
I like how he does probably the only thing he's good at in competitive Pokemon: Stat up and Baton Pass. Although the foreground thing is kinda weird, it's still cool.

Sunkern
OMG what the heck?! This is hilarious! It's completely out of character, but it's still hilarious.

Kyurem
Geez, this thing is overpowered. But then, most Legendaries are. Anyway, I think it's a cool idea, and I liked it (Pun intended.)

Zoroark
Finally Goldeen is useful! Well not really Goldeen itself, but you know what I mean. It's very in-character, yet simple at the same time. Awesome job.

Steelix
Steelix from a Pokeball? I gotta see th-

Oh it's a moveset...

I mean, Hey, it's a moveset! Let's make a comment!

Well, already you start off with a new kind of playstyle (to me): remaining stationary until provoked into a rage. It's interesting, and the moves that you can use in and out of pursuit mode are decent. The fact that you rushed this in 1 hour shows though, what with the missing aerials and dash attack (although they can be somewhat forgiven). Also, I like the Final Smash, but you just had to fit Ronald into the set somehow, didn't you? I thought him in Mewtwo's FS was pretty weird, but this is just silly.

Jelly Donut
And now I'm hungry. And I'm reading this at night, after dinner. Thanks a lot, Jun.

Anyway, I like the idea, one, because stealing an opponent's summoned Pokes makes for a fun trick, and two, because you made me remember one of my fave Pokemon episodes. Kudos to you

Pachirisu
I like how balanced he feels. He can be devastating in the right situation, but can still be dodged, and even if he hits an enemy with 100%, he won't kill them, only skyrocket their damage. Good job.

It's getting late, so I'll stop here and continue on with the rest of the sets later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom