• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yea kinda like how i saw combo->uptilt->dair in the first 10 seconds of Tipping and Illusion and went "dang that was cool"

then found the next 9:50 incredibly boring and repetitive.

Brookman

Smash Hero
ftilt > fair or dash attack > fair over and over for 10 minutes sounds like a great combo video.

If you mean fox combos then drill > drill > random other moves that don;t actually combo.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
A little late but here's the ledgeshinewavelandutiltthing.

(Full size gif:http://img641.imageshack.us/i/fullanimation.gif/)

A comparison of ledgeshinewavelandutilt and a normal waveland with a turn around utilt.

I'm fairly certain that it's frame perfect, except for the waveland angles. Can't really get it right on a keyboard.

Edit: Fixed the gifs, sorry about that. I wasn't really paying attention when I posted it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you gotta get the actual image, not the imageshack link. In most browsers you can right click the image and click "Copy Image Location" or something like that which will put the image's address into your clipboard.

Also, good job :)

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
You get more invincibility if you don't shine turn the waveland, then buffer the turn around up tilt. You lose two frames by adding a shine turn around over a buffer turn around up tilt.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
You get more invincibility if you don't shine turn the waveland, then buffer the turn around up tilt. You lose two frames by adding a shine turn around over a buffer turn around up tilt.
There's also the frame for starting the shine, and ~3 frames (don't remember) frames to jump out the shine.

Basically, yeah, just wavelanding and turning around is far superior to the shine method, just shining looks flashier.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I've been doing the waveland turn around utilt for a few months now. Seeing the invincibility on that blows my mind
I was trying to keep this technique secret so it doesn't become punishable due to widespread use
=[

EWC

Smash Ace
Regular ledgedash gives can give up to 16 frames of invincibility after. Turning around takes one frame before you can start a move, so you can start the uptilt with 15 frames of invincibility left. That's enough to make you completely invunerable through the entire hit box of the uptilt, and leave only 8 frames of vunerability after (uptilt iasa frame 23). Sexy.

Been practicing this for a while now. It's hella cute and noy easy to punish even when people expect it.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
wait...

so fox's ledgedash is not only invincible for the entire waveland animation, but has a spare 16 frames of invincibility kicking around afterwards?

thats ********.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
team silent love :o

lovage is hella good in teams, and otto has a ton of experience teaming with foxes. i feel like, given good play from both players, they could upset a lot of solid, reputed teams

voorhese

Smash Master
4 ganons is where its at, not even because you posted kage, for real though 4 ganons is fun to watch, cuz they dont have the restriction of fast characters on them

Evoke

Smash Apprentice
Te! Te! Te! GROAAAN - Te! Te! Tete-te! *whoosh*

E: Wait, I suck at smash terms. What's a ledgedash? A dash onto a ledge or dashing on a ledge or what?

unknown522

Some guy
just read the past 2 pages.

Ganon is mad boring to fight in a serious match (unless you can match his range [*cough* sheik/marth/ditto *cough*]. I never take ganon seriously unless it's a far bracket match.

also, lol @ RaynFord vs Silent Love

EWC

Smash Ace
Pichu gets the most with 17. Fox takes second with 16. Falco and pikachu tie for third with 15.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
How do you guys go about edgeguarding Falco?

Usually it's pretty easy for me once they're under the stage, i either edgehog, down-air or try to time a jab > shine. My problem lies when they are above the stage, and have the opportunity to mix it up with over-b (long or short) or going for the ledge with firebird. I try to anticipate their direction and either backair or edgehog, but that just ends up in guesswork and i'd prefer some sort of reactionary approach to edgeguarding. If they do manage to grab the edge, that's usually a safe return to the stage for them since i always seem to get hit by their ledgehopped doublelasers.

Videos or explanations of some solid, standard fox-vs-falco edgeguarding would be much appreciated!

Loving this thread btw.

Top Bottom