• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 9: [Now Defunct]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Zuruzukin

Zuruzukin is one of those new 5th Gen Pokemon from Black and White. At number 560, Zuruzukin the evolved form of Zuruggu and a Dark/Fighting type. Considering its typing, and the fact that it's the Scoundrel Pokemon, Zuruzukin is obviously quite the underhanded Pokemon, using powerful kicks that can destroy concrete as well as spewing acid from its mouth. The most notable thing about Zuruzukin however is the fact that they form "gangs" with the leader of these gangs being the Zuruzukin with the biggest crest on its head. These gangs violently beat up anyone who comes into their territory. In a somewhat creepy act, Zuruzukin wears the skin of its pre-evolved form as sort of makeshift pants...

When summoned from a Pokeball in Brawl, Zuruzukin lets out a cry and points at the closest opponent to where he spawned from. At this time, five other, slightly smaller Zuruzukin will leap from the top blast zone in an attempt to pounce on the foe; it seems Zuruzukin used Beat Up! The Zuruzukin original summoned will join the assult as well. Zuruzukin are roughly Mario's height and move at Luigi's run speed. If any one of the Zuruzukin approach a foe, they'll begin to forcefully kick the foe, much like Waluigi's flurry of stomps. This stomping will cause you to take 2% damage per kick and will also force you into a downed state where the Zuruzukin will proceed to stomp on you further. Escaping from one Zuruzukin stomping on you isn't too difficult...but all six at once? That's quite the challenge. Fortunately, you can fight back against this nasty mob. The Zuruzukin all have infinite stamina...except for the leader (remember that it has the biggest crest on its head). Attacking the leader and dealing 25% damage to it will cause the Zuruzukin to let out another cry which causes the gang to scatter.

These nasty fellows will hang around for an entire twenty five seconds (providing you don't beat up their leader first), splitting up only if there are multiple opponents on the field at once. They don't do much in terms of knockback, but if you get the whole group on you at once...you're gonna end up taking a lot of damage very quickly!

Zuruzukin oddly enough does not -LEARN- Beat Up despite it not only being a Dark type move but it also being mentioned as a primary trait of Zuruzukin in its Pokedex entries.

Nageki and Dageki

Nageki and Dageki are two 5th Gen Fighting type Pokemon, numbers 538 and 539 respectively. Both Pokemon can only be found as males, females of their species do not exist making this one of those Pokemon you need Ditto to breed properly. They also bear a strange resemblance to Ernie and Bert of Sesame Street fame...although this is probably just a strange coincidence.

Nageki is the Judo Pokemon, a stout red Pokemon who wears a martial arts outfit and has a strange "Y" shape on its face. Nageki actually increases its power when it ties its belt (unlike say...Machoke who gets weaker with its belt) and Nageki in the wild have been known to make their own belts out of vines. Nageki is also obsessed with throwing things, often times wanting to throw opponents much larger than itself. They are also know to travel in herds of five, most likely to train with.

Dageki is the Karate Pokemon, a slender blue Pokemon who, like Nageki, wears a martial arts outfit and has a strange marking on its face. Dageki is know to practice its karate in the mountains, striking trees and boulders with its powerful attacks. Like Nageki, its power increases when it ties its belt; both Pokemon can rarely be found with the Black Belt item. Dageki is also known to get quite upset if its training is interrupted. . .

Nageki and Dageki end up released from the same Pokeball; how that works, I'm not really sure but oh well. Once released, these two powerful fighting types will begin to...what else? Fight! Well actually, they're training together...and they don't seem to like you interrupting their training! Nageki is about the size of Bowser, both height and width wise (it has quite the wide stance) whereas Dageki is about the size of Ganondorf. Anyway, these Pokemon will begin fighting, slowly shuffling across the the battlefield at Jigglypuff's walk speed as they throw punches and kicks at each other. Getting hit by the Pokemon themselves will deal 5% damage and weak horizontal knockback...but being hit by their punches or kicks will deal 12% damage and high knockback. These two stand about a Battlefield platform apart meaning there's plenty of room to get caught in between them...pretty much that entire area is just death. If Nageki and Dageki reach the edge of the stage, the one closest to the edge will teeter slightly, flailing its arms as the other one looks on in a panic. They won't fall however and will start walking the other way if this happens. If they're on a small enough platform, they'll simply stay in place as they brawl one another.

Interrupting their training however is...inadvised. If one strikes Nageki or Dageki while they fight one another, the two fighting type Pokemon will grow enraged! At this point, they'll split up and attempt to attack their attacker on their own! They will, at this time, increase their movement speed to that of Ganondorf's dash...so get out of there!

Nageki, being the powerful Judo Pokemon will attempt to grab a foe with its surprisingly long arms (its grab range rivals that of the best in the game)! If it does grab a character Nageki, will spin them in a rapid circle three times before hurling the foe skyward; its Nageki's powerful Overhead Throw attack! This attack will deal a damaging 15% and very high knockback. On levels with low blast zones, this will almost certainly KO!

Dageki, being the Karate Pokemon will attack with, what else? Karate Chop! When Dageki gets in range, the powerful Pokemon will swing forward with a fierce Karate Chop! This Karate Chop will deal 18% and moderate-high horizontal knockback! Be cautious about shielding this one; it seems that its taken on Brick Break's barrier breaking properties! You'll end up with a shattered shield if you attempt that...

Both Nageki and Dageki are 100% invincibile for the duration of their training (or attacking if you ruin that) and cannot be knocked out in any way. After 14 seconds of either action, they'll turn to the camera, bow and vanish.

Baibanira

Baibanira is yet another example of 5th Gen's wonderful Pokemon designs as well as Pokemon number 584. Baibanira is a pure Ice type Pokemon and evolves from Baniricchi; it's also the final evolution of the Vanipeti line. Baibanira, needless to say, resembles two scoops of ice cream on a cone. Each "head" thinks differently, much like many of the other multi-headed Pokemon. This Pokemon is known as the Blizzard Pokemon and for good reason; if both heads are angered at the same time, it causes massive snowstorms to bury the surrounding area in deep snow.

When summoned from a Pokeball, Baibanira will happily exclaim its name...good to see its not in an angry mood. The Mario sized ice cream-esque Pokemon will now wander the stage, floating slightly off the ground as it happily floats about at Jigglypuff's walk speed. You may also notice that the "straw" sticking out of its head is puffing regularly with small clouds of vapor. If one touches the vapor (or Baibanira itself), they'll be frozen solid and take 8% with slight upward knockback. Speaking of freezing; Baibanira is so cold, it actually will freeze the floor directly below it. This reduces traction for all characters who walk over this area greatly.

Baibanira will vanish after 20 seconds...unless it's attacked by someone that is! If Baibanira is attacked once, one of its faces will grow sad and begin to cry snowflakes. This will make the icy vapors released from its straw double in size (to roughly the size of Bowser). If Baibanira is attacked twice however, it will let out a loud cry as the screen takes a white tinge. At this point, the Blizzard Pokemon uses...Avalanche! Betcha didn't see that one coming, huh? Anyway, snow will come crashing down across the entire stage, "pitfalling" anyone on the stage or in the air instantly and dealing 26% damage. If you're off stage when the Avalanche occurs, you'll be pushed down to your doom! Once you're free from the pitfalling aspect of the attack, you'll be free to move around...but the heavy snow will slow your speed by half. Baibanira will fortunately calm down after the Avalanche...but you can always irritate it again with another two strikes! As previously mentioned, 20 seconds after Baibanira spawns, it'll vanish with a happy cry along with any snow left on the ground.

And...dirty looks for making the ice cream incoming...

Mebukijika

Mebukijika is Pokemon number 586 as well as the evolution of Shikijika. Known as the Seasonal Pokemon, Mebukijika is a very unique Pokemon in the sense that it actually changes with the seasons; for example, the Mebukijika pictured above is its Spring form. The Mebukijika with the most impressive display on its antlers apparently leads the herd. Mebukijika and Shikijika are the only two Pokemon to have the unique type pairing of Normal/Grass.

As a fun little easter egg unrelating to what Mebukijika actually does upon being summoned, the game will actually read the date set on your Wii system and change Mebukijika's appearance to match. From left to right you have Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. No matter what form Mebukijika takes, it always has the same effect on battle.

Anyway, when summoned forth from its Pokeball, Mebukijia lets out a powerful cry and begins pawing at the ground with its front hoof. After only a brief moment of this, the deer-like Pokemon will shake its head and dash forward at the speed of Fox's dash with its antlers stuck out before it. If an opponent is hit by this attack, Mebukijika's antlers stick into the foe as green energy begins to leech out of them; its Mebukijika's signature attack, Wood Horn! Wood Horn is essentially the physical version of Mega Drain...so Mebukijika is sucking the nutrients out of the foe with its antlers!

However, Mebukijika doesn't need a health boost; it's only a Pokeball summon! The green orbs of energy will fly from the opponent directly into the player who summoned Mebukijika into battle! All in al,, this ends up dealing 30% damage to the opponent hit by Wood Horn and healing the person who "sent out" Mebukijika by 15%! Once the Seasonal Pokemon is done draining its foe, it pulls its antlers out of them, steps back and shakes its head once more, freeing some leaves from its antlers if it has any before vanishing. While it does deal high damage, this attack will not deal any knockback at all...but it will leave the foe in a face down prone state once the antlers are pulled from them. One thing of importance to note...if the opponent leaps over Mebukijika as it charges at them, the deer-like Pokemon will spin around and dash in the other direction in an attempt to strike them! If it misses again, Mebukijika will simply keep running off the stage.

According to Thrice, the Fall sprite for Mebukijia is actually animated...on mine it is not. I am confused.

Haderia

Haderia is a 5th Gen Normal type Pokemon known as the Loyal Dog Pokemon. Haderia is the evolved form of Yorterry and it evolves into Murando at level 32. Haderia is fiercely loyal to its trainer yet despite its aggression towards attackers, its known to have helped trainers raise young Pokemon for years. The dark blue fur on its back is apparently much tougher, providing extra thick padding against enemy attacks. Haderia oddly has the ability Sand Rush which both increases its speed in sandstorms and protects it from them...

When summoned from a Pokeball, Haderia lets out a bark and arches its back. The Loyal Dog Pokemon will begin to growl fiercely before dashing at the closest opponent. Once it gets close enough to a foe, Haderia will use its Crunch attack, biting forcefully down on the foe's leg! Haderia will tug at the foe's leg for three seconds, leaving them entirely vulnerable as they frantically try and shake the dog off. After three seconds, the foe will tug their leg away from Haderia and be able to move freely once again. Move fast once you're released however; Haderia can and will grab you again if you're still close by. The scrappy dog Pokemon cannot jump however, so gettng to higher ground will keep you safe from harm.

Being bitten by Haderia will deal 8% damage over the course of the three second grab period...but more importantly, it'll keep you from moving and defending yourself for that period of time! Haderia's summoner will obviously use this time to Smash you off the stage (or go after other items maybe) so try not to get bitten! After 15 seconds, Haderia will bark again and vanish.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
MINCCINO

Minccino is the Chinchilla Pokemon, and was introduced with the rest of the 5th Generation Pokemon. It is borderline obsessed with cleanliness, and constantly cleans its den or, presumably, the floor of whatever building it is in using its brush-like tail as a broom. Of course, it constantly cleans its own fur, and when it evolves, its fur actually repels dirt and dust.

When Minccino appears out of a Pokeball, it will glance around hurriedly, then put on a panicked face and frantically start scurrying about back and forth, cleaning and polishing an area of the floor three Battlefield Platforms wide, leaving it nice and shiny. The entire cleaning process takes about two seconds, after which Minccino disappears, its job done. If there are any items in the area Minccino cleans, then they're brushed to the outer edges of the cleaned space. Minccino will simply stop and turn around at an edge.

Of course, polishing the floor makes that part of it very, VERY slippery. The cleaned floor has roughly the same traction as the UFO from the Melee Fourside stage, meaning it's essentially coated in butter. Fortunately, this only applies to the opponents of whomever summoned Minccino for..whatever reason. The floor stays like this for fifteen seconds, after which it will lose its sheen and slipperiness.

And I showed you quite clearly that it's animated you asshat

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Hey guys, Geto here. Sorry I havent been active lately, either in the chat or the thread. IRL stuff has been keeping me behind, but it's over now and I'll get to commenting all the sets I've missed. I also have a mini planned for later this week. Thanks

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I swear, I'm going to change my username so namesearching myself stops turning up random threads.

Smady

Smash Master
What can stand in the way of a set like Spiritomb is the character's own limited potential: the workaround involving the keystone is utter genius on your part – I love how you incorporate it as the true “life force” of this very mystical Pokemon. The interactions seem almost obvious once told; my favourite part of the set by far is simply turning your own threads to the keystone invisible, and being able to pull yourself back to it. I would have liked to have seen more use of the speed differences you have when carrying the keystone versus not, plus there's a severe centralisation on the curse with basically no other option in trying to defeat your opponent, which feels a little anti-climactic.

By which I mean, the playstyle is rather linear in terms of, using status effects to slow down your opponent: making them less agile, making their moves stale more quickly, forcing them to float above yourself and quite a few more. The moveset is littered with inputs entirely dedicated to disabling your opponent, which leads to a very stall-heavy flowchart where Spiritomb is more reliant on the Memento and Curse combination than it should be. While this is an interesting concept, it would have been far better with more inclusion for the player once you're gone, rather than simply waiting for the opponent to die. Maybe it's just because it's a non-killing suicide, but it seemed like a weak part of the set to make so important.

Partially due to how itty-bitty some inputs are, the writing can tend to get bogged down in some confusing details – but comes out well from most of them. There were obvious instances such as with the side special, as well as a lot of similar moves where Spiritomb changes slightly in size, that were a bit hazy – though this may just be the nature of writing for such an odd character. As always, incredibly slick presentation. What is common in the faults of your sets recently is too much centralisation, but still, I did enjoy reading this set. Here's to many more – looking forward to tomorrow!

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Whos ready for me to save my *** by posting 13 comments?

Yamato
So, we start this with Yamato, by Koric. The first thing I noticed about this was the RED WALL OF TEXT. But, other than that, the organization is quite good. I can see that the Ideas for this were cool, and its pilled off decently here. The grammar at times is a bit confusing, though. You seem to mix words up or at times completely forget them. The playstyle is nicely detailed here too. Overall, nice work.

Blooper
n88. you have a way of taking these extremely genaric characters and making them completely awesome. This is another example. I can see that this was a bit rushed, because there are a few moves that seem to be filler. The ink, however, is a great way of taking advantage of the MYM9 goo fetish (HAHAHAHAHA!}

XP-Tan
Okay, the first thing I have to comment on is the incredible writing and organization. The playstyle is cool, I like the bytes and how they work and everything. I have nothing negetive to say about with this. Nice job, Jun.

Galatenous Cube
Next we have this one by Zook. The concept is interesting, having a mn-eating wall attack everyone. This is actually pulled off quite well, considering the character. The playstule is pretty funny too. My only complaint on this is that its a bit too short.

Fawful
Firstly, again, awesome writing style, although you don't stick to it as much as I'd like. The stat joke was hilarious. the moves themselves are cool, too. The playstyle, as Kat would say, is FUN and EDUCATIONAL. Fawful was definitly a fun read.

Airman
The concept here is cool, I love anything that has to do with elemental manipulation. The organization is amazing as always, and the concepts are fleshed out enough to work, and its easy enough to understand. I feel this would be a good place to refer newcomers to, because of the simplicity and well-flowing playstyle.

/\/\ 1 5 5 1 /\/ g /\/ 0
AWESOME concept here. The glitches work really well. Nice organization here too.The FS is epic, too, I really like this one, man. The only thing I could say I dont like would be the up special, it just seems out of place. Other than that, nice job.

MORE COMMENTS TO COME LATER

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
WEEZING REMIX

Let’s start with the obvious before anything else – this set is too focused on passing gas when it’s only one of many of the tricks the Joker has up his sleeve. While we may have said a lot of bad things about props in MYM, props practically personify the Joker, and considering you reuse what few other props you do use multiple times in identical ways, it shows, and also comes across blatantly as filler. The moveset also has an insane sense of logic, even if it’s fitting for the Joker, there being random ways to deal with status effects and generally awkward interactions with no real basis – you need to leave in some sort of hints so people can actually figure out how the status effects/interactions work. Combined with your awkward writing style this gets just as confusing for the reader as the player, and with all the gas and said writing style this blatantly does remind me more of Weezing than the Joker. All of this aside, you –do- come up with quite a legitimate playstyle with keeping the foe trapped inside gas for a KO mechanic, particularly when combined with opening up large gaping wounds in the foe to make it easier for all of the laughing pass to seep in.

YET ANOTHER GHOST POKESET FROM N88

Spiritomb has no shortage of ways to keep the foe away from his keystone, and I like all the clever ways you come up with of doing it – levitating the foe in the air/juggling them felt more clever seeing they weren’t so blatantly direct about it, but moves like Thief and such were good too, if less smooth. What I don’t like about the mechanic in general is how awkward it is that foes have to pick up the keystone like an item instead of just attacking it to knock it back like anything else – I know that’d be harder to work with and make interactions off of, but it would feel more natural than this and leave him with more viable options for offense. As is, he relies exclusively on Curse and Memento to KO foes, which honestly just feels blatantly awkward more than anything else. It flows, sure, but only getting to watch as the foe dies for an exceptionally long period of time makes Spiritomb sound like one of the most boring characters to play in MYM.

The playstyle is certainly there and the ideas are decent, but I feel Spiritomb’s ways of dealing with the foe should’ve been different entirely, and getting rid of the more blatant manipulations of the keystone which rely on it being an item would’ve enabled you to have enough inputs to do that. On a different note, the set in general feels awkwardly underpowered with Spiritomb’s status effects lasting so briefly, him having to damage himself so much to use Curse, and having to do awkward suicide KOs the vast majority of the time to finish the foe off. If you insisted on sticking with this model for Spiritomb, I’d suggest buffing the duration of the status effects, but more importantly giving Spiritomb some sort of alternative KO methods and/or something to do after he “suicides” with Memento.

I HAVE POINTLESS INPUTS

Fawful having so many inputs that are completely and utterly useless unless used in tandem with other inputs is rather alarming – most obviously everything involving the Fawfulbot. At the least, the Fawfulbot should have some limited AI of it’s own, or you could not waste inputs on the standards by enabling the Down Special to let you control the Fawfulbot if you have one already out. Aside from that, the moveset is basically a bunch of stuff to give Fawful space and/or time to use the Fawful bots or find the Dark Star. While this is very standard fare, you actually come up with some interesting ways to make your set-up easier, most interestingly with fattening the foe up with food/forcing them to inhale it with fthrow. That said, the filler still is much too abundant for my liking, particularly with his more generic spacers in his aerials and what-not.

As far as the writing style goes, I actually like that you “go in and out” of the Fawful writing style, mostly in that it’s not a first person moveset but rather that you implement Fawful into your own style. It’s a good level of silliness without going overboard. The headers were probably the best use of it.

MOVESET CLAIMING BOWSER IS COMPETENT

I very much like how King Boo has to balance defense and offense and has the option to go to either extreme, giving him a very large degree of actual legitimate versatility, yet still has a main focused playstyle. King Boo’s options for locking the opponent out of their ways to resist him never cease to be intrigue, as he systematically takes out their shield and their dodges one by one. Add in the natural pressure multiple Boos give by trying to attack the foe from both sides and you’ve got a character who actually applies pressure in an interesting way despite being largely defensive what with relying on minions and projectiles – it’s a more well thought out version of Acid Seaforce’s concept way back in MYM 5, and I applaud you for improving upon it so well. The only thing in the moveset that I really think might’ve been a good thing to add was ways for King Boo to more directly pressure the foe once he’s disabled all their defensive options, as outside disabling these options his moveset is still largely defensive.

n88

Smash Lord

I'm sure you'll probably be too busy praising that F-Air diagram to read it, but I should have something else coming along in a bit.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Okay, I'll combine my comments for Fantomex and Spiritomb because they share the exact same complaints and praise I have. First off, you captured how they would play to a T. I can imagine both of these playing in-character and be feasible and fun. While that's good, I have a complaint about your organization. Image sets are supposed to showcase presentation ideas you can't do with BBCode and be interesting. These don't do either of those. They could easily be replicated with BBCode, and they're pretty generic. I'd like to see you do more with image movesets than this, n88. Also, you refer to Final Smashes in very tongue-in-cheek matters. Final Smashes aren't something to be laughed at or shrugged off. They're supposed to showcase your character's ultimate technique, an attack that just makes you love them. These are terrible and I don't like how you just ignore and mock them.

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
I decided to start reading some older sets and work my way forward, starting with...

Game Gelatinous Cube
There's not much to comment on, but what is there seems pretty cool. The Cube would be a great challenge for a close range fighter, but anyone with a projectile and a decent jump could easily destroy this guy, although it'd probably take forever. Cool idea.

Fawful
I really enjoy how some moves are random (something expected from a character like Fawful), yet still can serve some purpose in Fawful’s Playstyle. That said, it’s kinda a letdown when certain moves, like the Tilts, only work with the Mechawful, and have no use whatsoever without one. Other than that, though, I loved the set. The moves and the interactions worked well (I personally like what happens if the opponent swallows the Dark Star), and the writing was hilarious. Great job.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
God dammit. All this activity is making it hard to be lazy.

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
Coming to terms with having two people in my mind
I'm still working on my set. I have a lot of ideas, so now I just have to get them down on paper. Wish me luck!

I should probably get some commenting done, while I'm at it...

EDIT: And to Neherazade, I feel your pain. Except for me, the issue's more about actually having quality writing, if that makes sense.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
ARON

Ha, I love this. It's adorable, balanced, and realistic. Not exactly in character, but hey, I think it still works.

BEST. POST. EVER.

Anyways, I'm still working on my set. I have a lot of ideas, so now I just have to get them down on paper. Wish me luck!

I should probably get some commenting done, while I'm at it...

EDIT: And to Neherazade, I feel your pain. Except for me, the issue's more about actually having quality writing, if that makes sense.
Monkey D.'s back! :bee:

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
Coming to terms with having two people in my mind
SHIBIRUDON

Shibirudon is one of those Pokemon that makes you wonder, "What was Game Freak on when designing this thing?" He's the Electric Eel Pokemon, but doesn't have a Water sub-typing; His ability is freaking LEVITATE; He can use Flamethrower; and he hunts his prey by sinking his fangs into them, and then electrocuting the victim from the inside out like Scar from FMA.
I know Scar's using alchemy, but my point remains.
But it's because of all this that Shibirudon is probably one of the most creative (and awesomely derpish) Pokemon of the 5th generation.

When Shibirudon pops out of the Poke Ball, he curls himself up into a disk shape. It's the new move Coil Around! Shibirudon can be picked up and thrown by the person who summoned him like any normal item. Shibirudon's levitation makes it so that when he's thrown, he'll just just keep flying in a straight line until he goes offscreen.

What happens when Shibirudon hits an opponent? He'll latch onto his victim, sink his teeth into their head, and then finally unleash a surge of Thunderbolt through their body. The foe will be struck with 10% damage and knockback that kills at 100%. Afterwards, Shibirudon will do his little dance seen above in joy before disappearing.

Overall, Shibirudon's a decent Poke ball summon as he is... But you can make him better with time. You see, Coil Around is a stat-boosting move that increases attack, defense, and accuracy (but we'll just focus on the former here). While Shibirudon was laying on the ground, he was actually building up power for a longer assault when you unleashed him on your foe. His light patches (as seen above) will flash twice over the course of eight seconds, each one representing another move added to the attack used when Shibi hits an opponent.

The first flash (seen at four seconds) gives Shibirudon Flamethrower. When he grabs on to an opponent at this point, Shibirudon will bite the opponent's head as usual. But before he zaps them with lightning, he'll get his prey nice and crispy first by burning it with a jet of fire. Flamethrower deals the same amount of damage as Thunderbolt, and combined, the two attacks will kill starting at 90%. After eight seconds of coiling have passed, Shibirudon gains his third and final attack: Crunch. As soon as he latches on to a foe, he chomps on them four times, each hit doing 2% damage.

So, after doing at least eight seconds of Coil Around, Shibirudon's full combo will cause 28% damage and KO the unfortunate opponent at 80%. That's some powerful stuff right there. However, opponents can KO Shibirudon before you pick him up by hitting him until his 40 HP of stamina falls to zero. With that in mind, it's best to keep Shibirudon close to you before throwing him in order to unlock his full potential.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Magic Crap

MAGIKARP​

Magikarp is one of the most iconic Pokemon for how utterly useless it is – at least Kakuna and Metapod can become tougher to take down with Harden, all Magikarp can do is splash around like an idiot. It annoys countless fans that Goldeen is the useless Pokemon in Smash Bros. instead of Magikarp, considering how Goldeen is one of many generic fish while Magikarp symbolizes crap more than any other Pokemon in the series, quite possibly more than any other Nintendo character.

In Smash Bros., Magikarp seems to be a simple clone of Goldeen, uselessly flailing about the stage upon being summoned. He lasts twice as long as Goldeen as he flails about. The difference between them, though, is that if Magikarp is attacked, he’ll become angry and go into a rage, evolving into Gyarados.

Gyarados is entirely invulnerable as his head goes up high above ground level, 2.5 Ganondorfs. After this, Gyarados will fire Hyper Beam at the person who attacked him, with identical properties to Lucario’s Final Smash statistically. After using Hyper Beam, Gyarados vanishes.

While Magikarp may just seem like an annoyance, he can be used strategically – you can pick him up and use him like a weak throwing item, and this won’t anger him. Throw him into a foe’s attack or use him as a meat shield to get Gyarados to use Hyper Beam on the foe. . .

One would think Magikarp would be more beneficial for the enemy, seeing the natural response somebody has when picking up a Pokeball is to throw it at their enemy. However; Magikarp still retains some degree of loyalty to the person who summoned him while he’s still a Magikarp – his splashing will deal flinching hits with no damage to foes, and Magikarp’s hitbox remains even when he is being held by a foe, meaning foes will have to immediately throw Magikarp away and can’t use him as a meat shield.

Smady

Smash Master
SNORUNT

Who's that Pokemon? A rather obscure one by the name of Snorunt, of course! This one likes to live in the snowy mountain tops, even going so far as to grow its own protective clothing as part of its body! Upon being summoned, Snorunt can do any number of things - specifically, three. He will use all three before being cast away back into the eternal darkness with the rest of the Pokeball summons: will they ever see the light of day in a moveset? Will they ever be pulled from their limbo?

The first move Snorunt can perform is Powder Snow. The screen turns a little brighter in colour, as a turbulent case of the snow hits the stage! It starts to pelt down at every part of the stage, covering the entire thing! This will always be the first thing Snorunt does upon being summoned. It may be good to mention now, Snorunt can actually be picked up like an item - acting as if an actual umbrella, meaning you can avoid being snowed on. But why would you care? Snorunt is a little bigger than Pikachu on his hind legs, and around the width of Mario; he's very light, so won't hamper your movement.

The second move Snorunt can perform is Icy Wind. This move conjures up a tumultuous wind, again covering the entire screen! All areas previously covered in snow are now turned to solid ice, causing the ground to become 4x as slippery! If an opponent has been hit by snow, they will also be frozen as if hit by a Freezie! Conversely, simply duck behind Snorunt [if you're small enough] and avoid the wind: just make sure it's blowing in the right direction!

Snorunt's third and most effective attack is his Blizzard, which brings about a tempestuous downpour of icicles from above the stage! These cause constant flinching and damage of 3% for the five seconds it's around. And don't go thinking you can just pick up Snorunt and avoid it, because this downpour is strong enough to make you immobile if you do that, what with the added pressure and all. As Snorunt can use this or his second attack at random, you'll want to prepare accordingly, either by picking him up or hiding behind him. Just keep in mind what the person who summoned him is doing!

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Yes! Time for comments!

Torterra

The first of what is likely to be our biggest MYMini yet, seeing just how many potential choices there are. Torterra borrows from the idea you had for your original moveset (that I also independently came up with, but that is neither here nor there), which is wonderfully in-character and unique to Torterra. I've always liked Pokemon that didn't just run up and attack but did their own things; Bonsly is probably my favorite in-game.

Overall, I do like this Pokemon, although it doesn't feel like it offers any actual direct benefit to the player who toss him itself. The concept is good though.

Spoink

My first instinct is, wouldn't a Pokemon with Pickup be infinitely more suitable for this mechanic?

That said, using Spoink as a cutesy little delivery service isn't a unique way to use a Poke Ball, and as I mentioned before, I do like it when Poke Balls are less straightforward than a straight up attack.

Ninjask

I do feel like the concept is wonderfully suited to Ninjask, and is a nice little buff. If there was one thing I would change, it would be to make him automatically spawn the baton near the player that summoned him.

Sunkern

Cute idea, yeah, but it hardly fits at all with the Pokemon. It's also completely overpowered and wrecks the entire game if it's ever summoned. As if Poke Balls weren't already ultra-banned.

Kyureum

I really dislike the decision to make everyone constantly take a bunch of damage just for being in the match, but the fact that shielding doesn't drain at all anymore makes the entire thing completely pointless, and doesn't fit at all.

The problem with making a Pokemon that's too powerful / cool is that instead of adding a new layer to the battle, it ends up just pausing the battle to change the match into something else, and that's exactly what Kyureum does. We stop playing Brawl, and play a short game of deal with the dragon of insta-damage.

Steelix

I like how you mention that you didn't like that Onix was utterly broken, so you say that Steelix is balanced, when Steelix isn't even slightly balanced at all. You made him completely invulnerable to knockback; who cares if you can't move him around when he has great projectiles and dig, which is an instant, unstoppable approach?

There is a cool idea behind using holes from dig to change where you're going, but, just like Mephiles, you've abandoned any semblance of playstyle and rely entirely on individual move creativity to carry the set... which might work a little if you didn't have so many boring moves too.

JELLY DONUT

THESE DONUTS ARE JELLY FILLED!

Also, MT said you can only use Pokemon in Poke Balls, so this is illegal. Geez, and you're OP!

On to actually SERIOUS commentary now... the Jelly Donuts are pretty clever idea of exactly what you can pull out of a Poke Ball. With its increased spawn rate when multiple Pokemon are out though, I do wonder what would happen during those Poke Ball only Items on High matches that I've done every now and then... whoever controls the donuts controls the match.

Pachirisu

I've never liked the interpretation of Super Fang as doubling the opponent's damage. That's the exact opposite of what it actually does in-game, making it a move more effective the more damaged the opponent is instead of less.

Also, if she lands three of those attacks, if the opponent is at 25% at the start, they'll hit 200% by the end of it. Yikes!

King Boo

Another Kupa set! I fall further and further behind in the movesetting! King Boo is a very Kupa moveset in the way it approaches things, and you have a unique way of approaching individual moves that's very different from my own, where every move is filled with ideas to keep it flowing into the key ideas. In fact, I'd wager to say that seeing this moveset gave me some new inspiration for my own sets.

Of course, that style of yours has its own strengths and weaknesses, as I feel that far to often your movesets make what should be simple concepts into overcomplicated, mechanic-heavy clunkers. The Up Smash for example has its own unique animation and affects the opponents fall speed, but couldn't that be made a lot simpler with some hitstun and a suction effect?

On the subject of the actual mechanic, it is a very unique idea in how he can either be a defensive powerhouse, or devastate his opponent's defense, but can't do both at the same time. I do dispute his inability to juggle both of these balls at once; with 5 or 6 boos his defense isn't exactly weak, and since damage to shields from boos cannot regenerate, he can just stall foes down until their shields are puny.

While it makes perfect sense for him to have an anti-grab ability as well, I wish you had put it somewhere a little more palpable than the shield. Now his shield counters grabs, which not only makes other defensive techniques completely irrelevant, but utterly shuts down grab-based characters. His anti-grab ability should've been somewhere else, a move or something designed to beat out grabs rather than giving him one be-all defensive solution.

I do legitimately like the ideas in this moveset though, and you've got a lot of cool stuff here and one of the most interesting approaches to a versatile playstyle in a long time. No lies, excellent job Kupa; while I still feel like there were a few executional errors and don't entirely see eye-to-eye with your style, it's one that I can appreciate, and learn from as a movesetter myself.

Spiritomb

I'm really sorta wishing I'd made my Cynthia set idea way back when, since I had the same basic idea, only you implemented it far better than I ever thought of it. You made him a throwable item without sacrificing his mobility, options, and managed to keep knockback as an important part of killing Spiritomb.

The move to have Spiritomb's Odd Keystone last past his own self-sacrifice move was truly a stroke of genius, I think we can all agree, and the use of Curse makes it viable. I do dislike though that once Spiritomb uses Momento the game becomes an extremely outstretched bore for the Spiritomb player and frustration for the opponent.

Spiritomb is a staller who just won't quit at his very core, which is a wonderful fusion of gameplay and character. He's sadistic and draws the match out as long as possible to frustrate the opponent, which is exactly what he does in game too.

There's so much good stuff in here. Even if he gets high in the air with his jumps, he can't just charge up Curse freely because his keystone is vulnerable then, the throws are unique and delicious, and the Final Smash is one of my favorites in a long time.

As for complaints, it does suck that Curse / Momento is just about the only viable way that Spiritomb can kill, that Spiritomb spends half the match unable to play, and that fast characters clearly have a naturally lopsided match-up against him. Regardless of those complaints though, I truly like this moveset, which is one of my favorites in the contest yet.

Zuruzukin

You know MT, you just had to make my life harder by adding a gazillion high detail MYMinis for me to comment like the obsessive-compulsive that I am.

I'm
afraid the way you describe him he sounds utterly broken in anything other than a FFA match, as Waluigi's stomps are hardly easy to escape from, six of them would be insta-death for any player as they're stuck taking insane damage while his opponent charges up a juicy smash.

Throh & Sawk

This one is definitely preferred over the last one, I like how you managed to implement them both as a moving obstacle with a lot of character to it, and although it's a little heavy on detail, in actual practice they're fairly straightforward. Good job with this one.

Vanilla Ice

Vanilla Ice Cream is a decent hazard, although I don't really see it ever getting hit as it just more or less floats there and discourages enemies being near it, so having its ability activate on being hit makes less sense than it does for the constantly moving martial art brothers.

Also, (CRS) incoming.

Disco Deer

Winter coat is the best. Disco Deer Go!

Anyways, I do like the idea as it's unique healing method works pretty well for a Poke Ball summon and gives him a unique edge separate from other Poke Balls.

Haderia

Haderia is a very nice Pokemon that gives it user an extra opening to attack with, but it does seem to be a little unfair to the opponent; if you throw the Poke Ball right at them, they'll get bitten right away and just stuck for an incoming smash.

Minnicino

I do like that Miniccino affects the stage in a unique way, although it would've been nice if it had used its signature move Tail Sweep at some point during the whole ordeal. I also like that it's a smaller area of the stage, making it a tactical choice of positioning instead of a complete change to the stage.

Fantomex

I'm not a huge fan of Fantomex actually; the Down Special is an entirely awkward mechanic to force in, as twenty seconds of charging is just plain huge, and even with EVA, there's no way you can prevent getting yourself hit in this stance, all for a one hit kill. It would have been so much more simpler to make this move not an instant kill that ignores the actual mechanics of brawl and make it actually viable.

I also don't like the grab because it defeats the whole purpose of grabs, breaking shields. This makes Fantomex pretty dang weak to pressure as he has pretty much no options out of shield either.

Fantomex feels like a fairly scattered projectile spam character with really nothing else that viable to fall back on. EVA is somewhat interesting, but I really don't think it deserves as much accreditation as the set gives it.

Chain Chomp

Now here's a moveset of yours I can get behind again. The use of the chain as a restrictive mechanism, but also a protective mechanism was another stroke of genius, although I do wish you had made it more viable for 'ol Chompy to try to stay chained so that he couldn't be KO'd, instead of insisting that he absolutely wants to get out the first opportunity he possibly gets.

It's one of the better implementations of an overpowered moveset with a weak point, and is altogether both creative, unique, and fun to play. Of course, I do have one question. How do you play him on moving stages? He's even harder to make an exception for than Diglett!

Aron

Simple but cute, this works out pretty well, although it does feel a little weird to imagine a Pokemon as heavy as Aron getting thrown around like a soccer ball. He seems like a more active form of Bonsly though, and Bonsly is already one of my favorite Poke Balls.

Shibirudon

Honestly, Shibirudon doesn't impress me too much, partially because he's just a throwing item. That he's vulnerable to getting KO'd while charging makes it more interesting. The moves that he gets from charging up seems very Pokemon Syndromy though.

Magikarp

Much like every single other person in the world, I'm a little confused why Goldeen is in Brawl over Magikarp. That said, your implementation of Magikarp is pretty interesting in how he becomes a zone to punish people for throwing out attacks and a meatshield.

I don't like though that you can just throw it at someone else's attacks and they are the ones who get stuck with the Gyarados. Isn't the guy who threw him into an attack the enemy?

Snorunt

The second like says that Snorunt can do any number of things, and then says that he can do exactly three things? What gives Smady? That's not how English works!

Snorunt feels like a quick summarized version of every snow / ice based playstyle ever created in a nice package that doesn't fit the Pokemon at all. Then again, you did choose SNORUNT, so it's not like you had plenty of potential. It's not like it was one of Ash's Pokemon from the anime with resources to draw from there for inspiration...

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Another quick set

Beeheyem​

This sulky twister will make all your wishes come true with it's sleep-inducing breath! The concept of ice cream came from him by creating a time loop that spans 1,000,000 years. Did you know that ice cream has been around for a very long with time?

Beeheyem is a deluxe treat that weighs less than Santa, but easily topping the deserts. For all those curious he can carry 10 parcels at a time, making him good for July the 21st.

Ice Creams On Special​

B Move - Brain Freeze
A sexy tutoring lesson causes a time-space tear that makes Beeheyem's metagame open up with awe! The spatial portions of tendency fire along the dreaded zone tracks to reveal a weaker version of the lesser ones. Traps are futile for the open world, as are the less corned flares of Tommy's creativity. For those wondering, the brains of the weak are mere jellyflakes in their punned cancellation. Noted that the sighing of the fooled must be in connection with the incoming amour force.

Side B - Warm-Up
Beeheyem is not one of use. We are yours to take. If at any time you feel comfortable, please sit down. It will make things much better for all of you. Sit down right now and have yours. If you don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't...

Up B - THese are OURS
Beeheyem's diner founded: The succumbing angel will scrub for us. Have at thee, for all you know is not here anymore....click...click...click. That sour taste is gone. The happiness and the apples are gone. Please don't try to contact us for 5 cents or the effect will be in your wing. Aces are sown together within a fool's enemy.

Down B - Digest a new oder
We won't disorder yours, but to truly grasp the meaning of life is to jerk it downright sick play. Here's one for you...what was it you wanted in the first place, jerk keru. KO. Oh dear it was a switch,hahahahaha!

Standard Flavor​

Standard - Once Asleep, Twice Drowned
Beeheyem decides what to do by hijacking the roots of tomming: this gives him some good perspective on what the enemy will do next, hindering their belt phase by 1.3X it's usual cracking point.

Dash - You've got Talent, so Suck it
Once done, Beeheyem brings out his disease report to the authorities, letting the power of smells within a toilet be renown for 20 second years. Excellent for de-praising the enemy's throneworks.

F-tilt - Heynish got To Be Kidding
Beeheyem decides on the repeated phase on time, giving it new false proportions of inspiration. Why me, said the enemy of 2X the suffering. Diced up, diced up, diced up 6 times.

U-Tilt - No Reference
As it is said, no referee can be here. Once done, the experiment steps out of it's usual mind-phase to enter a different one.

D-tilt - Tripping on a Rope
Beeheyem the dragon. In arm-charity. Swing the door for a new one. The mosquitoes are coming to nature. HAHAHA.

Live to Smashes it all UOUO​

F-Smash - My Voice is Creeoy
Hand it over, scumbag. I'll never let you get the remote. It'll hurt you and your plases. Hahaha. Envy won't let you do it, for the sake of justice. Hahahaha. Do it. Don't do it. Do it hahahaha. No.

U-Smash - Wheels on the Cake
My master said you will die. 44 times!

D-Smash - Over the Road
The cake is futile, because it wasn't a tricky gesture within the domains of tommorow's sacket zone, the hills won't be pleased with this at all. They want their desert.

Aerials are Stupid​

N-air - Hold my Hand and Suck it
303030303030303 inside the door is a rat of justice. No it won't be easy, but getting banned for a futile reason is hypocrisy.

F-air - Bored Snail
I bought your clothes in for you? Do you wan't them.

B-air - Bored Snail
Jerks of rive, dive, knife it all you say? Roots are rotting my inside core, yes they do. INSIDE THE WORLD OF FLAGS.

U-air - In the Saturn Ring
I'm here for the research reason that's bringing men to their shakes. Ginger pellets are more or less a treat to today's homage of the sky God's rabid horse. HOGOs are not toys.

D-air - Once there today's the new story
Yes I haven't tried, but I Will once the deity has shone it's kickass body on the world'd new haha face. No need to fear, the haunted house it ready for losing it's mandatory purpose, without it there will be no deity. Hehehehehe.

I've got YOU​
Is this yours? Well that's not very nice I was only trying to help. Do you have money on you? I'm hungry.

Pummel - This Way
I'll head to your food restaurant to review it without any warning, hopefully giving you the fool's money within a day of reasoning, this isn't the time to mocking the tree's daughter?

F-Throw - 233 Rings
This isn't over yet. I will defeat you and have my revence on the pK reason of fruit yayaya her eims are not in the world.

B-Throw - World of Yui
1 is 2 much, but 5 is EXCELLENT in the domain's path. Ravage a tank and make it go insane for the better of our fat piss.

U-Throw - It hurts 7 times
This won't be tired zone, it will be this this this, under the microwave of justice.

D-Throw - Dog Mushroom
Good, it's here, but this isn't the end of me becayse the apple isn't here anymore....

Last Standard Zone - The Lost Centipede​
You've done it once you know the eggs are boiled. This will be a great steakout for the sake of punning the domeline...

Translation​
Beeheyem is rather weak alone: it's slow and light.

At it's best, Beeheyem is a shut-down character, better when the enemy's at their worst. The Neutral Special has Beeheyem flash white for a counter that lasts for 1/2 a second for every 5 seconds Beeheyem has not been hit; if any foe does anything during this time (except for standing idle) they'll lose the action for the rest of their stock. Note that the timer has to start over after use even if the counter is not triggered. This is devastating for making the enemy paranoid as hell: imagine grabbing Beeheyem only to have your grab option taken away! If the enemy tries to play offensively be sure to use this move.

Also is Beeheyem's Side Special. This move is has a slow start-up but is nifty, as it has Beeheyem create a psychic field around the furtherest enemy for 3 seconds: whatever buttons that were used in that timeframe will be repeated again for every 5 seconds Beeheyem has not been damaged they did nothing the whole time. This does 2 things: 1st it gives the enemy a reason to damage Beeheyem, and secondly it makes the enemy paranoid to even do anything when the field is around them.

The Up Special is Beeheyem's recovery in which it does nothing but stay afloat for a whole 5 seconds: if not interrupted Beeheyem teleports to the position where it was when the enemy last took damage from it: to be fair, Beeheyem gets 2 seconds of invincibility if it pulls it off. It's hard to use but makes Beeheyem almost invincible if pulled correctly.

The Down Special has Beeheyem create a wall in front of it: this is a solid reflects projectiles on either side but shatters like a mirror if somebody runs into it or attacks it with a physical move. Just so you know it also reflects Beeheyem's projectiles if it hsa any. The mirror walls that Beeheyem creates are easily destroyed if the enemy has complete access to their armada.

The Standard has Beeheyem do nothing at first, but it in fact cuts the speed of what the enemy was doing when Beeheyem used this move by 1/4. The enemy has to wait for 1/4 of the amount of seconds Beeheyem has not been hurt for the effect to wear off.

The Dash Attack has Beeheyem create a barrier in front of it, giving it some sliding momentum equal to a ice floor. The barrier blocks frontal attacks and/or teleports enemies to where they last used their second most recent attack, them continuing whatever they were doing unless it can't be used in the new position such as a aerial. That same effect will keep on looping for 20 seconds if the enemy does the same thing they did when they were hit by the barrier.

For it's F-tilt Beeheyem creates a psycho blade in front of it: this does 1% per 1/10th of a second it's in contact with the enemy. Beeheyem will stay in it's position until the enemy does something else other than what they were doing when hit by the blade: after this Beeheyem teleports the enemy 1 SBB directly above itself for every 0.5th of a second you attacked at the enemy. This can be a good move but be sure not to use it when you know that Beeheyem will be hit out of the move. Of note Beeheyem will teleport with it's enemy if the Dash is initiated during the time.

The U-tilt has Beeheyem raise it's hands to turn all enemies, summons and projectiles around who are in a Smart Bomb range of Beeheyem. This lasts for 1 second but has a bit of lag to it on both sides.

Beeheyem's D-tilt has it point forth, and if it hits, the enemy will immediately cancel their attack if they're using one. This has some start-up lag, but is quite useful since it also has the additional effect of cancelling the Side Special and getting rid of negative effects.

Beeheyem's F-Smash has it send colored waves from it's body: whatever action the enemy was doing will have them take the same amount of damage and negative effects but not knockback if they try to do it again. This lasts until Beeheyem is hit by the enemy. Enemies beware as this can stack, and is Beeheyem's main damage racking move. It has no start-up lag but some ending lag making it good as a counter.

The U-Smash has Beeheyem aim it's arms forward to fire a pink energy blast similar in size, range and speed to a uncharged-fully charged Super Scope. This move does 2-5% and kills at 555-444% minus 5-10% for every negative effect and move the enemy has lost: you can use this to KO the enemy but it's quite weak on it's own. It also happens to be a projectile and thus can be reflected or even used to camp at the enemy.

D-Smash has Beeheyem send a Off-Wave that if hit causes the enemy to use the move they last used instead of the one they were going to use for 25-40 seconds. Example: if the enemy is hit by the wave and wants to use their Up Special they will instead use the move they last used. If they try to use another move after that they'll use the Up Special instead and so on....also if the enemy would use a move that they've lost then they'll simply freeze in place for 1 second. It's possible to stack this move to reset the timer: if you stacked this move 3 times on the enemy they would have to use the move that they used as their 3rd last before the move they were going to use....if you get what I mean: example, if the enemy uses Down Special, F-tilt, Grab and is then hit 3 times (or the 3rd time) then they'll have to use the Down Special, F-tilt, Grab, then the input they were going to use that was replaced with those moves and so on. This is a extremely menacing move especially considering that effects such as the Dash Attack and F-Smash are still in effect.

N-air has Beeheyem flash red for 2 seconds: if the enemy does something that's not been afflicted by a negative effect or is idle for the entire 2 seconds Beeheyem will fire a red energy projectile at them that has infinite range, moves at Sonic's Dash Speed, doing 5% and paralyzing the enemy for 1 second if they are hit. This takes a good portion of Beeheyem's air time when used and leaves it vulnerable for some time so be careful.

F-air has Beeheyem reach out with a hand; if it touches the enemy all their controls will be completely random for 10 seconds along with Beeheyem gaining 1 second of invincibility at that time. This is best used if the enemy tries to get close to Beeheyem or following up a F-tilt though it's better off not forced.

B-air has Beeheyem send a hand behind itself to extend a Diffusion Beam sized ray, reversing the moves that the enemy can and can't use for 1 second plus 1 more based on how many moves they had lost: at it's lowest form this stops the enemy from attacking for a second but with moves forgotten it can limit them to only having a few. This move serves quite well as a gimper under the right circumstances, though getting the enemy into that position is a question on it's own.

U-air has Beeheyem look upwards, sending a radar signal from it's head into space that travels at Ganon's Dash Speed. Once the signal gets to the top of the screen, the entire game thrusts forth 5 seconds into the future: if you were offstage when this happened you won't be able to control yourself and you'll fall to your death, but the same can be said to the foe. On the other hand there are effects that will stay around even if the characters can't move. You can combine this nasty technique with moves such as the F-Smash, Dash Attack which will linger, to mess the enemy up as it will take a while to realize what has happened to them over the 5 second timeskip.

D-air has Beeheyem create a portal in between it's hands before falling at 2X it's usual speed for as long as A is held. If it catches any projectiles, summons, traps or items they will be deposited in a portal that opens up 3 SBBs above the furtherest foe: projectiles change their direction so they move DOWN and count as reflected if they were the foe's, summons turn against their masters and attack the victim as do traps, and items such as Beam Swords will be treated as if they were hazardous and can hurt the victim. Quite a nasty move this is.

Beeheyem's Grab has Beeheyem extend a hand to psychically grab the enemy in the same manner as Mewtwo from melee.

The Pummel has Beeheyem constrict the enemy's brain, doing 0.2% for every time they have attacked throughout the match.

The F-throw has Beeheyem whisk the enemy 2 SBBs forth along with preventing from using the last attack they did for 5 seconds: this is one of Beeheyem's few ways of knocking the enemy away from itself.

B-throw has Beeheyem toss the enemy back for 5% KOing at 200% before firing a laser at them that travels at Mario's Dash Speed, doing 5% with massive hitstun if it hits.

The U-throw has Beeheyem teleport the enemy 2 SBBs diagonally from it before a laser falls from the heavens that perfectly blocks the 2 character's paths. It stays for 3 seconds and can hurt either player for 10% KOing at 150%. This is good for creating a additional barrier between yourself and the foe.

The D-throw has Beeheyem teleport 2 SBBs above it's foe before it can control their movements; the enemy has to button mash with 3X grab difficulty to escape Beeheyem's control.

Final Smash has Beeheyem attempt a grab: if it succeeds the enemy is teleported into a black and white version of the current stage where they have to fight a fake LV9 version of themselves that has all the moves that they don't have...by the way, the enemy only has all the moves that were lost to them...oh no. This lasts for 45 seconds, making it more of a survival test. To be fair, the enemy only gets the attacks that were not forgotten but the actions that were forgotten, while the opposite is true for the victim.

Beeheyem is overall a fighter who battles from a distance, and is easily able to scramble with the enemy's controls and what they can do. If you're clever the match can be yours with a few simple step, as it is difficult for the enemy to understand you.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Pachirisu

I've never liked the interpretation of Super Fang as doubling the opponent's damage. That's the exact opposite of what it actually does in-game, making it a move more effective the more damaged the opponent is instead of less.

Also, if she lands three of those attacks, if the opponent is at 25% at the start, they'll hit 200% by the end of it. Yikes!

Just my quick two cents here; I can sort of see where you're coming from with your criticism, as Super Fang is supposed to be less effective the more you use it. But Smash percentages are kind of indefinite, unlike HP in Pokemon games, so it'd be kind of hard to translate that into the game. Unless maybe Super Fang did a set amount of damage the first time it hit an opponent and got progressively weaker, but that's kind of lame. Poke Balls are supposed to be fun and exciting!

Also, you'd kinda just have to be standing around to get hit by Pachirisu three times in a row. :reverse:

Also, go ahead Kat, churning out set after set! :bee:

Tenodera

Smash Cadet

Image credit to arkeis.com

Tyranitar
I know everybody and their dinosaur are doing Pokemon movesets. Remember, don't judge a post by its first word or even by this trite disclaimer.

Statistics (out of 10)
Height: 9
Ol' Ttar is pretty big. It stands just taller than Ganondorf and presents a large target.
Weight: 9
Having a skin of rock doesn't make excercise all that easy. Tyranitar is about as heavy as Bowser.
Walk Speed: 3
Tyranitar lumbers around on its short, thick legs. Very slow.
Dash Speed: 5
It lowers its body and charges, sorta like how theropods actually carried themselves. Tyranitar's dash has a
special property, detailed later.
1st Jump: 4
Tyranitar hops about two-thirds its height.
2nd Jump: 4
Not much use in recovering, its second jump is also quite short.
Air movement: 6
Fall Speed: 8
Tyranitar sinks through the air, well, like a rock.
Traction: 8
With sand constantly swirling around and providing grip, it doesn't slide very far.

Standard Attacks (all button commands are written with Tyranitar facing right)

Jab (A)- Bite

Tyranitar lunges forward, jaws agape. This attack deals 7% damage fresh. It comes out relatively quickly and has a long range, making this an excellent attack if you want to get the opponent away. Knockback is moderate, high for a jab.

Forward Tilt (->A)- Sandstorm

In a unique twist on an Ftilt, Tyranitar roars and a stream of sand rushes roughly two stage-builder blocks forward. The sand damages foes (4-5%) if they are caught near Tyranitar, and carries them away. The tip of the attack has a wind effect. This attack does not stale. Ftilt has significant end lag, and therefore is difficult to follow up. It can be lethal in doubles play or can be used in conjuction with Tyranitar's Neutral Special, Stealth Rock. More on this further down.

Up Tilt (^A)- Thrash

The big behemoth hops upward, swinging his head and sharp back spines. This move's knockback is vertical at first, but at the end of the attack it behaves like a weak horizontal "spike". There are several frames of start-up and end lag, making this move impractical to throw out anytime. It does 8% damage unstaled (from now on, all damage percentages are fresh).

Down Tilt (vA)- Quicksand

Tyranitar sends a torrent of sand at the opponent's shins, doing 4% damage. This attack is similar to the Ftilt in its wind effect, but has a shorter, more vertical knockback and is much faster. Like many Dtilts, Quicksand has a high chance to trip the foe at lower percentages.

Dash

Tyranitar's dash is unique, it damages any opponent he runs past 1% and knocks them at a 70 degree angle above and in front of him. If the enemy is stupid with their DI, they may fall into its path and be hit a second time. Despite this, the dash has a rather long startup time and this offensive aspect is not incredibly useful to attack with. Options to follow it up are Utilt or potentially an aerial.

Dash Attack (->A)- Primeval Plunge

It's not fun being hit in the stomach with a huge, spiky lump of rock and muscle. This is exactly what the opponent experiences if they are hit by Tyranitar's dash attack. It jumps at a small angle upward, tucking its limbs in like a massive featherless falcon, and dives. If the foe is in the path of the initial jump, they take 3% damage and can be knocked into the main part of the attack. Upon impact they recieve 13% damage and a huge horizontal knockback. The Dash Attack is not without problems, however. It has a low vertical range and most characters can jump over it without much trouble. Shielding the assault makes it easy to punish Tyranitar, who must pick itself off the ground afterward.

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash (->A)- Shadow Slam

Coating itself in dark energy, Tyranitar rears its head back to charge up this attack. When the charging is complete, the Pokemon lowers its head with a forceful explosion. Tyranitar's FSmash comes out surprisingly quickly, but has limited range and dangerous end lag. When fully charged, it's capable of dealing 31% damage.

Up Smash (^A)- Whirling Dervish

Tyranitar hops into the air and crashes down onto the stage, sending a whipping spiral of sand into the air. The Whirling Dervish sweeps over Tyranitar, sucking nearby opponents in with a mild wind effect, and spinning them about briefly before sending them downward. A foe caught in this attack can take up to 18% damage. Although the earthbound knockback of this smash prevents it from killing easily, it can be used near the edge as a mini-spike or Tyranitar can attempt to follow it up with another attack.

Down Smash (vA)- Rock Hammer

Like a professional wrestler, Tyranitar drops forward to crush the enemy beneath its massive body. During this attack, the Pokemon's entire body becomes the hitbox and it gains super armor for several frames while it's airborne. Fully charged, the Down Smash does 32% damage. It has upward knockback if the opponent is hit with Tyranitar's head or tail, but foes near its middle are sent forward.

Grab and Throws

Grab (Z or something)

Tyranitar swoops its head around, catching the opponent in its jaws and tiny arms. With a moderately short range and long startup and cooldown time, grabbing with Tyranitar is risky. Not like ZSS, but close.

Forward Throw (->A with grabbed foe)- Dark Pulse

The enemy is shoved a short distance forward, to be hit by a wave of energy the Pokemon shoots forward. The wave is crescent-shaped and travels at a low angle about 4 stage-builder blocks forward. It has transcendent priority and does 5-6% damage as it carries the opponent forward. This throw cannot kill. Its main use is in team play, where it can potentially hit both opponents. It is also useful for throwing a foe off the edge, so Tyranitar can follow up with an aerial.

Back Throw (<-A with grabbed foe)- Tail Thwack

Tyranitar's a procrastinator when it comes to exercise, so it has a hard time with agile backward throws. Instead, it shoves the enemy down and gives them a mighty tail-swing. This is Tyranitar's most powerful throw, doing 12% damage and killing Mario at around 170%. The opponent flies at a small horizontal angle.

Up Throw (^A with grabbed foe)- Sand Shot

A swirling column of summoned sand envelopes Tyranitar and launches th foe straight up. The thrown enemy takes 7%, and any other who touches the sand takes 1-2% and is blown by a small wind effect.

Down Throw (vA with grabbed foe)- Rock Slide

Smashing the enemy into the ground and leaping into the air, Tyranitar performs a surprisingly graceful body slam. He then rolls on them like a crocodile and sends them flying upward. This brutal attack deals 11% damage but cannot kill.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial (A off ground)- Tyrant Tumble

Out of its element in the air, the dinosaur panics and flails around. This attack has a mini-aura meter, doing more damage the higher Tyranitar's percent is. It caps at 20% (when Tyranitar has 200%) and does 5% when it's fully healthy.

Forward Aerial (->A off ground)- Front Flip

Tyranitar ducks and flips forward, swinging its massive tail in a deadly arch. Being hit by the tail as it goes overheadat the start of the attack deals 6% and knocks foes upward. At the conclusion of the attack, Tyranitar stiffens its tail horizontally, and a foe hit by this blow is meteor-smashed and takes 12% damage.

Backward Aerial (<-A off ground)- Tail Swings

Tyranitar lurches its tail back and forth in a two-part attack. Both swings do 11% damage, and unfortunately do not combo into one another. This is Tyranitar's fastest aerial to come out, but has significant cooldown lag.

Up Aerial (^A off ground)- Aerial Dark Pulse

In a rare projectile aerial, the Pokemon throws its head back and shoots a short burst of black energy which soon dissipates. Opponents hit shortly after the attack starts receive 8% damage and are sent in a more or less random direction. As the hitbox ages, the damage is ultimately reduced to 3% and the foe is merely stopped in place for a moment. If Tyranitar fastfalls after this attack, the Dark Pulse stays where it was originally launched, being a projectile.

Down Aerial (vA off ground)- Sand Tomb

Bending down and roaring, Tyranitar sends two streams of sand from either side. The sand arches and the streams run into each other slightly below the Pokemon, entrapping any foe caught between them. The attack does 3% damage, but an entombed opponent falls and is unable to move for a couple seconds, similar to Yoshi's Egg. Although the foe is capable of directing their fall, this attack is still very dangerous offstage. Its predictability and startup time also help mitigate the wide range.

Special Moves

Neutral Special (B)- Stealth Rock

After substantial startup lag, Tyranitar produces a sharp stone from who knows where and can use the stone as a projectile. When thrown, a Stealth Rock moves in a relatively slow arch and then floats in place. It stops early if it strikes an oppponent. Foes hit by this projectile when it is being thrown take 8% damage, 11% with a strong throw, and vertical knockback. A floating rock deals 5% damage and slight vertical knockback to any player who touches it (including Tyranitar). Only one Stealth Rock can be active at one time, but Tyranitar can use the move again and hold another projectile. As soon as the second one is thrown the first disappears. The floating rocks also disappear after 6 seconds or two hits. Tyranitar can use this attack in a variety of ways. Its small, set knockback and hitstun allows Tyranitar a brief window of time to follow up with a more powerful attack. Stealth Rock is very effective against foes with predictable recovery, since it can be tossed in their path to rack up additional damage and sabotage their attempts to return to the stage.

Side Special (->B)- Plate Upheaval

Shaking the screen with a loud roar, Tyranitar causes the ground under him to tremble. Tectonic plates collide and suddenly send powerful, sharp chunks of rock that propel Tyranitar forward. The plates deal a deadly 15% when they emerge, then remain as obstacles for a second or two. Tyranitar has super armor as he shoots forward and is completely immune to attacks dealing less than 10% damage. Any opponent hit during the Pokemon's 5-block path is hit for 7% damage. All parts of this attack have upward knockback. Plate Upheaval cannot be used off-ground.

Up Special (^B)- Dragon Dance

Tyranitar encircles itself with a vicious, draconian storm which propels the Pokemon upward. The move can be steered to a limited extent left or right. Dragon Dance has a short-ranged wind effect, pushing enemies away. If the foe is hit by one of Tyranitar's periodic bursts of mighty dance moves, they recieve 7% damage and moderate knockback. This attack is useful for offstage recovery, its flexible direction allowing Tyranitar to work around stage lips and evade attempts at being spiked. It is nowhere near a perfect recovery though; the vertical distance traveled is only about 4.5 stage-builder blocks. It is to Tyranitar's advantage to stay onstage as much as possible.

Down Special (vB)- Sand Shield

Tyranitar summons a whirlwind of sand that almost completely covers it for about two seconds and providing "super armor" for most of that time. If the Pokemon is hit with any attack during the "super armor", it takes half the usual damage and the sand explodes outward. This attack has no counter-stun, so opponents with excellent reflexes or that are far enough away may be able to avoid damage. If they are hit, the attack deals 1.75x the power of their attack and has strong horizontal knockback. The decent time that the Sand Shield takes to start up means that good prediction is necessary to use it well.

Final Smash- Dust Devil

The Pokemon's sand-summoning powers are put to their full extent when it is powered up by a Smash Ball. On one press of B, Tyranitar launches a blast of sand and dark energy that travels a short range. If this initial attack hits an opponent, the projectile bounces
off and rockets into the sky after planting the target in the ground. Immediately after, a colossal tornado whips in from the foreground, obscuring parts of the screen. When it reaches the stage (aiming for the grounded foe), it causes 25-30% damage and randomly
directed knockback. Tyranitar's Final Smash is capable of KOing Mario at 90%.

Playing as Tyranitar

Tyranitar is strongest onstage, where it's capable of using its land-based moves to bludgeon the opponent off. Short-hopped aerials, smashes, and tilts can be used to follow up Stealth Rock with deadly effect. Tyranitar's grab is difficult to land, but its throws are very powerful and can be put to great use throwing the foe offstage or even for the knockout. Gimping with Tyranitar can be risky due to his iffy recovery, but once mastered its incredibly strong aerials can do their greatest damage offstage. Stealth Rock is, as mentioned before, good for blockading recovery.
If Tyranitar is in a difficult spot and needing to regain momentum, it has several ways to escape the heat of battle. If you can find the time to start it, its side-special Plate Upheaval can attack, defend, and move all at once. Jab and Dtilt are also excellent, fast options to get them out of your face and in position for a knockout.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
MasterWailord

Wailord is a whale pokemon (if that wasn't obvious enough), and he is big. I mean really big. In Brawl, Wailord is the length of Battlefield plus one platform horizontally, and is one and a half Ganondorfs tall. When summoned, the ground underneath the behemoth immediately starts to crack and crumble under his weight. After 5 seconds, the ground under him simply collapses as the whale falls towards the bottom blast zone at Wario's fall speed. Wailord counts as a solid platform, characters are able to stand on top of him as such. This also means that Wailord can drag characters on top of him or directly below him to the bottom blast zone for a potential KO. Wailord also opens his giant mouth wide one second after being summoned, and alternately opens at closes it in 5 second intervals. If any character gets knocked into this mouth though, he closes it indefinitely, trapping them inside until they deal 30% damage to his mouth (yes, they can freely move around inside Wailord, somehow). Obviously this can provide for a rather embarrassing way of getting KOed for players.

Wailord will also use a powerful water-type move, Water Spout, at some point after he's summoned. The giant pokemon strains itself a bit before shooting a thick stream of water from the blowhole on its head, being comparable to Kyogre's pokeball attack, one Ganondorf length into the air. Characters who get hit by the stream directly take rather high upward push-back that can easily kill them if they are close to the top blast zone. Water also starts to fall on either side of Wailord, pushing characters around with half the strength of Mario's FLUUD. Of course, there's one question left: what happens to the ground that breaks away? While the ground will magically reappear 10 seconds after it breaks, but if you just so happen to summon Wailord on the top platform of Battlefield, you'll be left without ground at all for 10 seconds! But that isn't actually the case. As he plummets downwards, Wailord uses Water Spout constantly. This creates a two Ganondorf-tall wave of water that rises up from the bottom blast zone, catching the whale before he plummets offscreen. Wailord creates a huge splash upon landing in the water, pushing foes away with the strength of FLUUD. He essentially acts as a makeshift platform or stage of his own as he swims around slowly for ten seconds. At the same point that the ground reappears, the water quickly disappears, causing Wailord to drop off the screen. Wailord doesn't appear often, but when it does, remember to stay out of its path of destruction.... if you can!

Junahu

Smash Ace
Tyranitar:
I should certainly mention straight away, that this moveset seems to be missing Smash attacks. And, for a big guy like him, those inputs are pretty vital.
It's a real shame, because otherwise I was taken aback by how clever your interpretation of Tyranitar was. You display a sharp awareness of how Tyranitar best uses the moves it has. In particular, I loved how you use stealth rock to intercept offstage recovery.
However, without knowing what the Smash attacks are, Tyranitar doesn't feel like as much like of a heavy hitter as he should be.

By the way, images are inserted by putting the http link in between a pair of tags[/FONT]
[CODE][[B]IMG[/B]]http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/tyranitar.png[[B]/IMG[/B]][/CODE][/RIGHT]

[RIGHT][IMG]http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/tyranitar.png

Tenodera

Smash Cadet
Junahu, thanks for your input and image help. I can't believe I forgot the Smash Attacks, they are edited in now!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Deploying surprise in

1​

My first 3-hour moveset! I had a couple ideas for this and it was just too good to waste.

Pong

The classic game joins the brawl!

How it works
At the start of the match, a two barriers appear, one by each of the side blastzones. Similar to the game, a white square the size of kirby (the ball) will go back and forth between the two initially at the speed of Ganon's run. The square is a hitbox with damage and knockback dependent on speed. (At default, it's 10% and okay knockback, but it can reach up to 20% and great knockback.) However, unless a move is being used, the priority of the hitbox is as low as possible, and will be ignored upon contact with any attack. The ball does indeed take damage and knockback as a usual character will (it counts as having mario's weight), and if it goes off a blastzone without being deflected by the barriers, then pong is KO'd. Also, if the ball gets shielded or hit, it will lose some speed (unless of course it gets launched by a smash or something, in which case it very well may gain speed. XD) Although the ball CAN shield (for some inexplicable reason), it cannot roll or spotdodge (because when's the last time you saw a SQUARE spotdodge? Come on, anyone?)

Control stick
While the barriers are on the side blastzones, press left/right to select which barrier you will move, and then up/down on the control stick to move it. (The other one will move in the opposite direction, thus keeping them symmetric.) Additionally, when you reach the corners of the screen, the barriers will shift to the top and bottom blastzones, allowing you to cover those sides of the screen. The barriers are the size of a battlefield platform and move at the speed of Ganon's run. When the ball hits one, it will bounce off at an angle dependent on where it struck the barrier (similar to how it works in the real game.)

Specials:

Neutral Special: Duplication
The ball splits into two smaller squares (going off at 45 degree angles from the original direction), each with the same damage percentage as the original, but with half the weight. In order to KO pong, the opponent has to defeat both of these. One of the balls will be colored white like the original (this is the one you control), while the other will be grey (AI controlled). If the two halves are touching, you can enter this input again to merge them into the larger ball again (the new direction, speed, and damage percentage will be the average of the two halves.)

Down Special: Change direction
Entering this move causes your ball to do immediately begin moving in the opposite direction. Perfect for punishing people who try to spam spotdodges. In order to prevent just moving back and forth over a single spot, there is a 1 second cooldown before you can reuse the attack.

Side Special: Change velocity
Pressing this input will slightly change the velocity of the ball. You increase it if you press in the same direction as the ball's travel, and decrease it if you press in the opposite direction. If the ball is traveling close to a vertical line, a small red arrow will appear by the damage counter to indicate which direction the ball is considered to be "heading". The ball can be moving at anywhere from Ganon's run speed to Sonic's run speed, and it takes a full second to completely change from one to the other.

Up Special: Last defense
Although Pong doesn't exactly have the normal recovery problem, there are times when your ball is heading towards the blastzone and you cannot reach it in time. Entering this input will cause a white shield to form around the blastzone for 1/4 of a second. Should the ball hit the shield during this time, it will head back towards the center of the stage.

Edit: I forgot the cooldown on this move: You have to wait until the ball hits one of the barriers (as that's the Pong equivalent to returning to solid ground) before you can use the move again.)

(Since Pong has no ground state vs air state, I have decided to eliminate aerials in favor of jabs, tilts, and smashes. The main reason I chose this way was for the extra inputs.)

Jab and Tilts

Neutral A:
The ball suddenly becomes the center of a fireball (only slightly bigger than kirby), increasing the priority of its normal hitbox drastically, and the size of the hitbox slightly. However, the move doesn't last long and has bad end lag (for a jab). So, all the opponent has to do is shield, and you're quite vulnerable. Since the normal hitbox is quite predictable, this is best used when your opponent is expecting something else.

F-tilt:
A small white square (about the size of snake's grenade) shoots out of the front of the ball, doing only 2% damage and flinching. After travelling a battlefield platform/hitting something, it will home back in and rejoin the ball. This is best used to interrupt opponents preparing an attack due to your predictable flight pattern. Lag is semi-small.

U-tilt:
Upon pressing this, the ball will change color to yellow for half a second, to indicate a change in properties. Now you can hit the enemy through a dodge! However, until the ball changes back to normal, no other attacks can be used, so you must predict your opponent.

D-tilt:
Let's try that again. Using this input will cause you to ball to disappear and instantly reappear wherever it was 1/10th of a second ago, with the same speed and velocity it had then. This is really just a perfect counter move to someone who expects you to come charging right in.

Smashes:

F-smash:
Ready for a burst of speed? This attack can't be used uncharged, but when this attack is released, the ball will instantly speed up to maximum speed for a period equal to the charge time. Lag is small.

D-smash:
Let's see that again! This move can only be used charged, but when used, it will reverse the flow of time back to when the smash was started, after which it will begin flowing normally again. (However, any damage recorded remains on the counter, and attacks will still register while going back in time.) This is awesome for when you've caught your opponent napping, as you can potentially chain three good hits in quick succesion. (Not to mention it really, REALLY messes with your opponents timing.) However, be warned, this attack is not interrupted by being hit, so if your opponent predicts it, YOU could be taking three unavoidable smash attacks. End lag is a bit bad to prevent stalling though.

U-smash:
Hey, we'd better get a dodge of some sort in there, right? Using this smash will cause the ball to turn gray and become invulnerable to attacks (Charging the attack doesn't actually do anything! However, it's a great way to sucker the opponent into thinking you're using one of the other two smashes.). However, you can't deal damage or knockback while in this state. Lag is small.

Grab:
Squares don't normally grab, per-say, but when you press this input, the ball changes color (you can set this and other colors in the options, but the default is green for some random reason) for a short time. Should you hit the opponent in this time, they will be carried along with the ball, having to escape like a normal grab. Although you can't actually throw them, you CAN use your jab to knock 'em loose with a fireball... preferably far offstage.

Final Smash:
For twenty seconds, the ball becomes four times the original size, and completely invulnerable. Have fun!

Playstyle:
Well, the basics of pong are pretty simple, use the barriers to reflect the ball, and ram it into your opponent. Of course, any half decent idiot is going to attack you, so that's why we've turned close range combat into a giant mindgame.

On the approach, you have a few options. You can dodge through them by charging U-smash (don't forget to change directions and hit them from behind afterwards!), go for the KO with F-smash, or uber-mindgame them with D-smash. (If they think you're using one of the other two, their timing will be thrown off, and you might get three easy hits!)

If you decide to wait on the approach and do nothing, you still have options. If the opponent shields, just grab them, and fireball 'em offstage. If they like spamming dodges, mess them up with U-tilt and B-down. If they try for a laggy attack, interrupt them with F-tilt, or backstep with D-tilt and come in again. Finally, if they go for a quick, weaker attack, out prioritize them with your jab.

Once you get good at using Pong, don't forget to speed up with side B to make the game more intense, or use duplication to double the opponent's pain.

Just remember, don't get caught up so much in all the mindgames that you forget to move the barriers! :awesome:

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Oh damn, I got ninja'd on a pong set. Either way, it's better than anything I could come up with( imagine a Tetris vs Pong match :0)

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Not yet, I was thinking of Ideas for one. No worries

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
No Set Shall Go Uncommented!

Beeheymen

'Beeheymen', as you call him, is a set that reminds me a lot of Dr. Strangelove from Make Your Move Seven. If you recall correctly, that moveset was able to actually get fourth place in the Top 50, not because it had any redeemable qualities whatsoever, but because Wizzerd just threw a bunch of ideas at a moveset, made them as complicated as humanly possible, and called it a moveset.

And you've done the same basic thing here. This moveset is full of moves that are simply unnecessarily complicated, requiring both players to keep track of so many different meters and mechanics while he juggles ten different invisible effects and bonuses.

The result is a moveset who's only legitimate claim to playstyle is that he's too complex to be able to play without an innate understanding of his character's actual mechanics. The problem is exacerbated that the Neutral Special is so hideously strong at shutting enemies downt hat he doesn't really nee much more than that.

I do feel like this is just the latest in your last few movesets, which have had a tendency to use individual move creativity as a substitute for any legitimate playstyle section, as evident by their continuing shrinkage.

If nothing else, I can give the original 'fake' moveset credit in the fact that you managed to get this sort of crazed 'madness' mantra down pretty well in fact. Of course, this can also be attributed to the fact that I suspect you are in fact psychologically unstable, but that's a separate matter entirely.

Wailord

Aw geez, why didn't I think of this? I've been saying that we need a Wailord stage for so long, but I never though of the idea of putting it into a Poke Ball. Overall, you take the whole transition of the stage into a Wailord fairly well, and you've got the necessary pinnochio and water spout references down pat. Good job Silver.

Tyranitar

A Tyranitar moveset? Oh joy, everyone loves their favorite green dinosaur. I do have to say that you have a very nice combination of a sense of character that's side-by-side with a firm foundation in the actual mechanics of Brawl, showing a fair bit of creativity while still having every move feel like an attack from Brawl.

I do like some of the tricks you did with the sand manipulation in a few of his moves, which were honestly some of the most interesting moves he had. Several of his more powerful attacks were sadly droll in comparison as they didn't accomplish as much or have the same amount of potential depth outside of their interesting animations.

Overall, this is a pretty good set, and one that shows a unique take on the character as well as the approach to movesetting. I would reccomend reading more movesets and commenting some more yourself as you continue to develop new sets of your own.

Oh, and put Specials first, not last. That's so awkward.

PONG

Pong is a very unique moveset. I was taken aback at first by how you played as the 'ball' itself, but it turned out to be more effective than I thought it would be.

I do like the unique take on recovery and different mindgame style moves that the little Pong ball has. The awkward thing is though; I don't like that the Pong ball can change his own direction or slow himself down, as that seems to defeat the whole purpose of Pong to me, as it takes away the whole point of using the paddles to direct the ball and movement if the ball can do almost all of that stuff on its own.

That said, I do prefer this over TETRIS, in large part because it seems to be much more likely to fit into almost any stage. Good job GETO.

EDIT: And by GETO I meant NICK because I was scrolling through the conversation quickly and accidentally mentally attached the set to GETO instead of NICK, especially since GETO had made TETRIS previously.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
ESPEON

Espeon is a Psychic-Type cat-like Pokemon introduced in the 2nd Generation alongside its brother Umbreon, as an extra evolution of Eevee. They evolve through Happiness, and which one you get depends on the time of day it reaches that happiness, Espeon during the day and Umbreon at night. It has never been the most popular or well-known Eeveelution, but it does have its fanbase.

Anyways, in Brawl, when Espeon appears out of the Poke Ball, it flashes an even brighter purple than normal for half a second. What did it do? Well, it used a move called Skill Swap. What does this do? Well, usually it would swap the abilities of Espeon and the target. However, since people in Smash don't really have "abilities" so to speak, Espeon just gives whoever summoned it its ability: Magic Mirror. After it has done this, it flashes again and disappears.

Magic Mirror essentially reflects any non-damaging move(or pretty much any effect) that still needs a target(read; status moves and such, but not stage-altering moves or things like slime) back at the opponent without fail, whether it would normally be possible or not. Since it does REFLECT them, it also prevents the user from suffering from the status. Of course, it doesn't physically reflect things, it just essentially causes the opponent to suffer through whatever the player would have. This means you could, for instance, walk into a cloud of poison powder to poison your opponent. You could also simply walk into a control-altering attack to inflict that on your foe.

Magic Mirror lasts for fifteen seconds, after which Espeon returns and uses the move again, then promptly disappears. After all, it's helpful, but it would still like its ability back.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
OhOhhHoHoHoHoHo!

Luviagelita Edelfelt

This woman with the absolutely ridiculously long name (we'll just call her Luvia) is Luviagelita Edelfelt from Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, the semi-official sequel to Fate/Stay Night. A member of the Finnish aristocracy, head of the Edelfelt family, and prominent magus, she becomes Tohsaka Rin's fiercest rival in the Clock Tower academy in London.

To make things more infuriating for the both of them, their magic styles are both practically identical, using jewels to store mana for attacks and as projectiles. They even use the same basic curse spell, the Gandr Shot, as their spammable projectile of choice.

Where they differ is in two elements. First, the Edelfelt family has had much more success than the Tohsaka family, leaving Luvia much freer to expend jewels for her attacks while Tohsaka remains halfway broke.

Secondly, they each use different styles for close-combat. Rin prefers to use Chinese martial arts in melee combat. Luvia instead uses Lancashire wrestling techniques, a grapple focused wrestling style known for being especially barbarous in how brutally violent matches would get. No prizes for guessing why Luvia's the one getting a moveset...

Specials

Neutral Special O Gandr Shot

Luvia points both of her hands forward, and dark black balls of energy about the size of a deku nut begin shooting out of her fingers rapid fire. The Gandr Shot is a simple curse that lowers the strength of the immune system to leave the victim susceptible to a cold. Luvia is simply packing so much force into the spell that the bullets shoot out like knives out of a submachine gun.

Each bullet deals 3% damage with significant flinch, and a firing rate similar to Falco's Blaster. The bullets fade away at a distance of a little more than half of Battlefield from the opponent. Luvia's spell is very quick to start and end, making it very difficult to punish, and it can be aimed slightly upwards or downwards. If used in the air, it's automatically aimed at a slightly downwards angle similar to Ness's PK Fire. The spell does have significant spread though, especially if she fires several in a row due to the recoil. She's not exactly a crack shot...

Side Special O Fire Jewel

Luvia pulls out a jewel from a hidden pocket on her dress, quickly infusing it with magic so that it glows a warm red color. This becomes a unique throwing item, much like the bombs that Link and Toon Link use. While she holds her jewel, she can still use all her basic attacks, but her specials cannot be used, as they instead offer different ways to throw the jewel.

An Up Special input has her throw the jewel straight up, a Down Special input has her throw it straight down, a Side Special straight forward or slightly angled, and a Neutral Special input lobs it upwards at a high angle that can be DI'd. Luvia can also charge her throw slightly like a smash, increasing the power and speed with which she throws the jewel. Getting hit with the jewel is like any other light throwing item, dealing 2-5% damage.

No matter how it's thrown, the jewel will release the spell whenever it hits something, creating a pillar of fire much like Ness's PK Fire, which lasts for a little over a second and deals multiple hits of up to 9%. It's not too difficult to DI out of though, and most enemies can escape with only 5% damage.

There are plenty of tricks to use with this trick. It can work wonderfully to set up attacks when hit in closer range, as a projectile that zones the opponent, or thrown down on the ground to discourage opponents from getting too close. You can even toss it into the air and shoot it with a Gandr shot to create a burning patch in midair.

Oh yeah, and if you smash this input, she'll toss the jewel immediately, and the pillar of fire will be horizontal instead of vertical if it hits, pushing the foe back, and dealing increased knockback with the final hit the opponent takes, capable of killing around 135%.

Down Special O Ice Jewel

Luvia performs the exact same animation as last time, except this time the jewel glows a relaxed light blue instead. Hitting someone with this jewel deals only 3% and mild upwards knockback, but it also freezes opponents. For those who aren't innately familiar with the mechanics of freeze, here's a refresher.

Frozen enemies can't do anything but button mash to try to escape. The difficulty of escape depends on the damage percentage and the attack that caused the freeze; Luvia's spell is only slightly more difficult to escape than a grab.

Being frozen isn't all bad though; while frozen you take far less knockback from attacks, and only half the damage. Frozen characters also can't be grabbed, which shuts out a fair amount of Luvia's attacks. Interestingly though, fire attacks will instantly end a frozen condition (just like in Pokemon!) but also deal full damage and knockback. How interesting. While knockback is dampened though, push effects remain just as powerful.

Also, if you smash this input, Luvia tosses it down, which causes it to shatter into a light mist around her feet with much better range. This deals 3% damage and still freezes, but the freeze only lasts a fleeting moment in comparison, more like Ice Climbers Blizzard than PK Freeze.

Up Special O Wind Jewel

What were you expecting? Some sort of thunder jewel? Wind is the true third element in the classical trio! The wind jewel glows an emerald green after being charged with energy. The wind jewel has the most different effects that it can create.

If it hits an opponent normally, it deals 5% damage but has a strong push effect diagonally upwards, pushing the enemy away from where the jewel was originally tossed, shoving them at least one and a half battlefield platforms in distance. If it hits the ground though, it creates a whirlwind effect instead, spinning like a twister which sucks foes in and tosses them upwards.

Luvia can also hit herself with a jewel if she tosses it at a high angle; if she does so, she can DI the push effect in any direction she desires; she falls too quickly to be able to use this to recover though, as she ends up falling further than the jewel pushes her.

If the input is smashed though, she does immediately get the benefit of the push in whatever direction she wants, but the jewel is expended and she's left helpless at the end.

So then, what can we gather from Luvia's Specials? Already Luvia's got a lot of interesting projectile options available to her. Much like with Snake's grenades, being able to control the angle and timing of your thrown jewels will help you a lot in controlling space on the stage. Luvia also doesn't have to worry about cooking grenades, but if she wants to lob them high or far she'll need to charge up her throw.

The interaction possibilities should speak for themselves. Ice and Wind can be used to freeze an opponent and blow them away without having to deal with that pesky reduced knockback for frozen foes. Ice and Fire can be used together to get an opponent stuck where you can nail them with another projectile. Fire and Wind can be used to suck enemies into the Fire hitbox and double up your hits.

Combined with your quick spammy Gandr Shot, Luvia can lock up a fairly huge amount of the stage in blasts of fire, ice, wind, and darkness.

Grab and Throws

Grab O Takedown

Luvia throws her arms forward in a relatively quick and long ranged grab, but instead of simply pulling the opponent towards her, her momentum carries her forward, slamming the enemy down on their back while she falls forward, sitting on top of them. Her pivot grab is fairly mediocre, but her dashing grab has the longest range in the game, outranging several tethers. This gives her perhaps the most vicious grab release in the game, as her grab release leaves the opponent prone while she remains standing; she actually has an extremely small frame disadvantage, but her foe's limited options greatly improve her chances.

For her pummel, Luvia slaps the opponent back and forth, laughing heartily. It's an incredibly fast pummel, but it deals an incredibly wimpy .5% damage for each hit.

Forward Throw O Jaw Shot

Luvia points a single finger and places it under the enemy's chin, creating an oversized Gandr shot. She fires it, knocking the opponent backwards a set distance and dealing 5% damage with a fair bit of hitstun; Luvia has the frame advantage to continue the assault.

Down Throw O Power Slam

You know Peach's Butt Slam Down Throw? Imagine that, but more vicious. Luvia drops down with all her might focused into her rear, causing what must be excruciating pain with 8% damage and weak upwards knockback. Luvia can immediately regrab after this, but only against heavier characters at low percentages, although having a high fallspeed also helps her get the regrab. At mid percentages she can still go into another attack from this move.

Back Throw O Whirling Toss

Luvia stands up and grabs one of the opponent's legs in each arm, and begins to spin madly around much like Mario's Back Throw, dealing 11% damage and strong knockback behind her. This is easily Luvia's best killing throw, capable of getting the kill at around 140%, but lower near the edge of the stage.

Up Throw O A Lady's Best Friend

Luvia smiles wickedly as she reaches towards her chest... and pulls out a handful of jewels from a hidden pocket. She then begins to slam several at once into the opponent's delicate face, dealing 13% damage and strong base upwards knockback, but only killing around 170%. This throw also has the awkwardness of leaving Luvia in her crouch at the end of the attack, and the odd angle of the throw leaves absolutely no opportunity for follow-up.

So, we know that Luvia has zoning and stage control down pat. But what makes it even more dangerous is that once she's put the foe on the defensive, her grab lets her lay down the offense quickly. Dash in, grab, and start laying on some close ranged pressure.

It only gets better when you consider what happens if you have jewels in the air with a grab out. Her Forward Throw is fantastic for tossing into spells that are just activating on the ground but still effective, especially her wind hitbox which sucks enemies in. You can use her other throws too to try to force opponents into earlier thrown projectiles.

Of course, in order to be able to pull off those kinds of crazy throws, you can't be just camping. You've gotta stay at a mid-range level to be able to get in close to perform those kinds of combos and maneuvers, which requires a lot more careful work, as Luvia isn't exactly strong against rushdown herself...

Standards

Jab O A Lady Is Never Without Her White Glove

Luvia reaches forward with her right hand and rapidly slaps the opponent. The hitbox is small, and the attack only deals 1.5% damage, but it has surprisingly amazing hitstun and is more difficult to DI out of than one would expect. It also has extremely fast start-up, but the hitbox is so short and close to Luvia that it's only really usable at point-blank.

Down Tilt O Sweeping Kick

Luvia drops into her low crouch, and quickly power kicks out, sliding her feet under the enemy for a surprisingly fast 6% damage and a guaranteed trip, hitting both sides of her. At low percentages this will always combo into itself. The ending lag makes this more than a bit punishable if it whiffs though.

Up Tilt O Embellished Gesture

Luvia waves her arm exactly like Zelda’s Up Tilt, dealing 8% damage in multiple hits and moderate knockback. The range is pretty weak though, and it's fairly easily beaten out by other attacks. If Luvia is holding a jewel while using this attack though, she'll activate the jewel, which causes different effects.

A wind jewel will grant a pushback effect that boosts the knockback considerably and increases the damage to 11%, and pushes enemies who are very close to Luvia away. A fire jewel will create the same fire hitbox as her normal fire attack but at a higher angle, adding 6% to the damage and greatly increasing the range. An ice jewel will snap freeze nearby opponents even if you just barely miss the attack, but for half the time of the usual effect.

Forward Tilt O Invigorated Slap

Luvia jumps forward slightly and makes a motion that looks suspiciously like Zelda's Forward Tilt, dealing 8% damage in multiple hits and okay knockback. I swear, this is just a coincidence. Just like with Luvia's Up Tilt, she'll use jewels in these melee attacks if she has one out, giving her extra firepower to add to her basic attack. The forward momentum of this attack is very sudden though and can catch unwary foes offguard.

Dash Attack
O Great Wheel

Luvia hops up slightly and cartwheels forward, her entire body forming an extended lingering hitbox that covers slightly above the distance of a normal roll. This has a noticeable bit of start-up, but anyone who touches Luvia as she rolls forward takes 7% damage and a fair amount of knockback. The long duration and size of the hitbox makes this a decent move against spot-dodges, as you can fake them out and either end up on the other side of them or hit them on their way out of the dodge.

When it comes to actual close range combat, Luvia has a surprising amount of melee range thanks to the disjoint on her Up and Forward Tilts when she uses jewels, but of course, if she doesn't manage to get a jewel out, or worse, the opponent avoids the attack, she's in for a world of hurt and will be fairly easily out prioritized.

Her down tilt is a very reliable move to fall back on, but watch that it doesn't become too predictable, or you'll eat a lot of shorthopped aerials. The jab is very short ranged, but serves its purpose as an extremely quick get-away tactic if need be.

When it comes right down to it, much like Zelda, she has several defensive options that help her in closer-range, but her options are relatively straightforward here.

Of course, several of these attacks will help her land her grab, so using her Forward Tilt or Jab especially can put the opponent right in range for a Takedown.

Her Dash Attack can also be a bit of a trump card and mix-up opponents, and is a good approach option if you've got the opponent pinned down and expect them to dodge or roll. It also can work very well against enemies rolling away, and you 'can' techchase with it, although it's generally very difficult to do so.

Smashes

Forward Smash O German Suplex

Luvia reaches forward and performs what appears to be the only wrestling move that Japanese people are actually aware of. It's not racist.

Luvia reaches far forward, attempting to grab the nearest opponent by the waist. It's fairly quick, but incredibly punishable on a whiff. If she lands it though, she'll raise the enemy up and bend over backwards, slamming them into the ground behind her.

This deals a considerable 15-28% damage, and very strong knockback diagonally backwards from Luvia that can kill around 110%, lower near the edge or on stages with low ceilings. If Luvia presses the shield button after landing the attack, but before they go flying though, they'll instead be dropped prone where they fell, but Luvia takes a bit of lag as she stands back up.

Up Smash O Jewel Rain

Luvia pulls out a small handful of jewels and tosses them into the air above her. These don't have elemental charging like her normal jewels, but a quick charge still imbues them with enough energy to hurt. She throws five jewels, each dealing 5% damage. Like Snake's Up Smash, the longer she charges them, the higher they go into the air, and the less spread there is from the jewels; at low charge you can never hit a foe with more than two or three of them. No matter how long you charge them though, they always land in the same pattern, one just barely in front of her, two behind her, and two in front of her.

Used as anti-air, the jewels have moderate upwards knockback, more so if they're charged up, killing between 170-120% damage, but enemies higher in the air will be killed quicker if they're hit at that point in the air. Once they fall down, they deal minor knockback and a bit of hitstun. Interestingly, this attack has a fair bit of start-up, but only a few frames of ending lag.

Oh, and like every darth_meanieTM official Up Smash, this one can be used as a DACUS as well, which causes her to spread jewels across the stage as she rolls forward.

Down Smash O Trap Parchment

Luvia throws her arm forward towards the ground, and ribbon like sheets of paper shoot out, creating binds that grab any opponent caught within a battlefield platform of Luvia and trapping them at grab difficulty.

Enemies caught in these binds take 8-12% damage. If Luvia misses with this though, it instead becomes a trap much like Snake's Down Smash. It will fade away automatically if it isn't activated for 12 seconds. And yes, Luvia can trap herself with this if she's not careful.

Luvia's Smash attacks add a lot more power and control to her close-ranged game, which she did need. Her German Suplex is not only a very capable kill move, it can be a nice powerful grab to put the opponent into a disadvantaged position if you need to.

Her Up Smash takes the idea of using jewels as interrupts to keep her attacks flowing and extends them to their natural conclusion. Luvia can attack with these jewels in the air with a lot more confidence that enemies will have a hard time defending against them, and is safer from retaliation when they will get pelted by these minor projectiles for trying. Don't forget it can be a very lucrative anti-air attack performed right.

Her Down Smash is one final addition to her style of pressure, giving her trap that has the advantage of being a functioning attack if the opponent is there. It also helps set up for another of Luvia's attacks, letting you throw another jewel or two out, or get a quick aerial in.

Aerials

Neutral Aerial O Flying Slam

Luvia spreads eagle in the air as she falls, performing what appears at a glance to be a basic sex kick nair for 7% damage. As it turns out though, there's more to this attack than that, because if an opponent is hit by Luvia from above, they are automatically footstooled. Luvia doesn't get any increase in height from this though, in fact, she falls down even faster.

The result is very simple. While this is a decent air attack normally, hit from below this can quickly open into a chance for a retaliatory blow with another aerial or by landing onto the ground.

Forward
Aerial O Forklift Lady

Luvia kicks both legs out forward, the end of each leg dealing 9% damage and a fair amount of knockback. This attack comes out at a decent speed, but has a bit of ending lag, and a fairly large sourspot near her thighs where it deals only 5% damage, but has significantly more hitstun though.

If Luvia lands the sourspot on an opponent who is on the ground though, she will automatically land on top of them and grabs them.

Back Aerial O Incredible Kick

Luvia twists in midair, powerkicking both legs behind her in an extremely powerful, long ranged kick dealing 12% damage and knocback that kills around 125%. This is easily Luvia's best approaching option when it comes down to it, although it's fairly easy to see coming from a shorthop.

Up Aerial O Handwave

Luvia throws her arm over her head, waving it identically to her Up Tilt. Yes, identically. What were you expecting, a tweest? It's better than a flipkick.

Down Aerial O Drop Flip

Luvia flips upside down and grabs out with both of her hands in a wide range. If she grabs, she'll hold them so their head is below hers and they'll both fastfall towards the ground. If they fall more than two Ganondorf's distance, Luvia will simply toss them downwards with mild knockback and 5% damage. If they land though, she smashes their head into the ground for 11% damage and a great deal of upward knockback.

So then, we're at the aerials now. The last stretch of the moveset. The air is, surprisingly, where a lot of Luvia's power is. She doesn't have fantastic jumps and her fall speed is high, which makes her options out of shorthop less diverse than other characters; she can't even finish her down aerial in a shorhop, so don't even think of it.

Besides offering some extra power, Luvia's aerials also add one last way for her to beat down on the foes, with quick hopped fairs and nairs letting her take care of enemies on the ground very effectively. Her fair and bair can also be good approaching options, and are just as good in the air as they are near the ground. Don't forget that jewels in the air make moves like her bair a lot more difficult for enemies to deal with as well.

Her Up Air may be a move you've already seen, but you can follow it out of a number of her ground moves, such as her down throw, up throw at low percentages, and it has a good range that gives her a bit more anti-air defense.

Final Smash
Kaleido Sapphire
~

Luvia pulls out a strange magical wand, flourishing it with a noblewoman's laugh. It is none other than the Kaleidostick, Kaleido Sapphire! One of only two Kaleidosticks, she and Rin were handpicked to wield these weapons by their creator, the sorcerer Zelretch.

The Kaleidostick uses dimensional refraction to open up a tiny portal between parallel universes. The Kaleidostick channels magic from an infinite number of planes side-by-side to the current one, giving her what is effectively an infinite supply of magic. The Kaleidosticks are a nearly perfect weapon, were it not for their one weakness: they absolutely loathe Rin and Luvia. Zelretch thought it would be hilarious.

With a flick of the Kaleidostick, Luvia transforms into her alter ego, Magical Sapphire, complete with cat ears (added by Sapphire for the sole purpose of making her look ridiculous). Magical Sapphire lasts for twelve seconds, and the whole moveset can be found here.

Playstyle

So then, let's go over Luvia's playstyle, although I hope I don't need to clarify too much, as I've been holding your hand through it this whole time. Luvia uses a combination of thrown projectiles and grabs to force the opponent onto the defense, and then smash right through it.

Make sure to know when to use what jewel. Ice jewels are espeically effective at high damage levels where they're hareder to escape from, while fire jewels have fantastic damage potential and boost her range significantly in melee attacks. Wind jewels of course are great for spacing, and can even get gimps off when pulled off well; if you're very skilled, you can toss the jewel into an opponent while they're offstage.

All of Luvia's gems and her Down Smash can be used to get opponents stuck in the attack, opening up for some of her more powerful attacks, especially her back aerial or forward smash, and even if they don't you can control where the opponent goes, which helps when it comes to predicting for moves like her Dash Attack or some of her aerials. Forcing the opponent to shield or dodge gems in the air also makes sure that you can grab them out of their shields or hit them in the ending lag of their dodges and rolls.

While she does have decent defense with her Up Tilt, Forward Tilt, and Up Smash, if she doesn't have a jewel out, or if an opponent gets in close to her, she can find herself in a world of hurt. Her jab and grab can help get her out of troublesome situations, but enemies with good spacing can lock her down unless she escapes.

When it comes to grabs, her choice of grab depends a lot on what follow-up she's planning, and again, throwing a jewel or three into the air gives you a lot more options to juggle opponents with your throws. Learn when to use each one effectively to truly be strong as Luvia.

Luvia is fairly simple to pick up and play, but with strong pressure, spacing, and zoning she can shut down opponent's options, string together sick combos with her jewels, and smash through enemy defenses.

Tenodera

Smash Cadet
Pong

Your creativity frightens me. But seriously, this is a great take on a completely unorthodox "character". The whole time I was reading it I had to imagine trying to fight the little square! It is sort of unfortunate aerials and real throws had to be eschewed, but it was a necessity.

Luvia Longname :p

This one has an awesome mix of simple and complex attacks, with a few original effects thrown in. I particularly like the auto-footstooling Nair and the production of different throwing items that should be used for different things. Every move's name beginning with "O" made me laugh as well.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
[Dr. Strangelove] ... just threw a bunch of ideas at a moveset, made them as complicated as humanly possible, and called it a moveset.
Same could be said about Videoman.EXE. Strangelove would not be hard to play at all once you figured out his interactions, which a playstyle guide would aid to. It's just set up and positioning. It seems you don't have a problem with this in Lunge, Videoman.EXE, and Father Time. What a hypocrite.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Strangelove's main problems were that it had a few too many attacks which had no in-game hint on what they do (Nair for example), and he didn't really have any close-range options at all.

Otherwise, he was pretty much a fun little stage-control character who embodied the mentalty of the Cold War. And regardless of his 1v1 problems he'd still be awesome to play in free-for-alls, what with him being a playable item spawn-point and just pulling out the Doomsday Device in the middle of all the chaos.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Same could be said about Videoman.EXE. Strangelove would not be hard to play at all once you figured out his interactions, which a playstyle guide would aid to. It's just set up and positioning. It seems you don't have a problem with this in Lunge, Videoman.EXE, and Father Time. What a hypocrite.
I know for a fact you and I have had this conversation before, and I've established my stance on the issue fairly well. That said, I don't want to turn this thread into debate theater, so I will just finish by saying that I felt that Lunge and VideoMan.EXE performed much better in actual execution and playability, while Dr. Strangelove fell through on that. I know you differ there, but there's no point in arguing over exactly how playable a theoretical moveset from a year ago made by a dead former leader.

And regardless, when it comes to actual quality I hold Dr. Strangelove over Beheeymen anyways.

n88

Smash Lord
Before we get very far here, allow me to inform you that no, I am not taking this project, born out of boredom and a working mic, very seriously. What I have created is, to the best of my knowledge, MYM's first audio moveset, which is for some random OC that I made entirely out of geometric figures out of sheer laziness. But if there's one thing I should warn you of, it's that this moveset was not planned out in advance, at all. So if there are awkward pauses, stupid attacks, shoddily explained mechanics, or whatever, that's why. I essentially sat down and spent the better part of an hour BS'ing my way through a moveset. Why wouldn't I put more thought into it? Because it was actually a lot of fun this way, and as I said before, it's not really a serious entry anyway. That being said, here ya go:

Keith
(If the pictures seem random, it's because they pretty much are. For each attack, I just googled the name of the attack (Neutral Special/Dash Attack/Whatever) and used the first image result)

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice

Excadrill

Excadrill is one of the new Pokemon introduced in Black and White. It's a Steel/Ground mole-like Pokemon with massive Attack and decent Speed that's doubled in a sandstorm thanks to its ability. These two things make this Pokemon a very powerful sweeper in competitive Pokemon, as in a sandstorm, he can outspeed pretty much everything and hits incredibly hard as well. Of course, with low defenses and a weakness to two priority moves (Aqua Jet and Mach Punch), plus a shallow movepool, he's not unstoppable, just very, very powerful.

In Brawl, Excadrill (who is a bit smaller than Kirby) has an average chance of appearing from a Pokeball. When it does, it immediately burrows underground, leaving a hole full of sand where it was. In 2 seconds, he'll pop up again somewhere else on the stage, look around for a second, then burrow underground. He does this two more times, leaving a hole everywhere that he pops up. These holes remain until Excadrill leaves, and they act as a different kind of pitfall. Anyone who steps on a hole will have their feet trapped in the sand-filled hole. This acts like quicksand, in that the more they struggle, the deeper they sink. To escape, you simple need to press nothing for 2 seconds. Then you'll be on top of the sand, where you can jump off and start fighting again. If you don't move soon, however, the sand will grab you again, so get off quickly.

After making the holes, Excadrill will pop out of his original hole (knocking anyone stuck in it out and dealing 10% in the process). He'll then use Drill Run, turning into a drill and moving back and forth along the platform he's on at Captain Falcon's dash speed. If he hits an opponent, they take 15% and great vertical knockback that kills around 95%. He continues this for 8 seconds before disappearing, which causes all of the holes to return to normal.

If Excadrill moves over sand while using Drill Run, his speed will double for as long as he's on the sand, and for one second afterward. He also gets a boost while moving fast, doing 20% and KOing at 85%. This makes him a pain on courses with a single platform, like Final Destination, as he'll almost always be moving at his increased speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom