• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** Pedophiles

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Why do Americans always ask for statistics anyway?

Like George W Bush once said, statistics don't mean ****, I mean the whole country apparently hated him, but he became president twice!

On a more cereal note, I am a scientist, which means I know everything (including what God looks like) and I don't need to prove something with a bunch of Wikipedia bar charts, because, you know, I actually read stuff in books, those academic things you don't generally find on the internets for free.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It is a big deal because of maturity, a 15 year old girl freshman is not as mature as a 20 year old senior. They are thinking about different things, and the senior's advantage over the situation is enormous. Senior girls are much more mature and better suited to date senior boys, if the boys can handle them, if not they will look for younger girls. Its shameful.

Also an 18 year old girl dating a 32 year old man is also shameful, she is at the age of consent but she is not at the age of maturity. The 30 year old has had alot more relationships and sex and experience and hardly has anything to relate to the 18 year old girl.

The older you get the less this matters, a 30 year old woman and a 50 year old man is fine, but run that back to when the girl was 10 and the man was 30 and you have a serious problem.
I understand the whole issue of maturity and it's certainly relevant, but honestly each relationship has to be taken on a case-by-case basis, and I certainly wouldn't call it "shameful" to date someone who's older/younger than you. Well, no, I take that back -- it's shameful, but only because people give too much of a **** about what everyone else does and shame exists pretty much everywhere if you let it.

I completely understand what you're saying and don't deny the truth of it, I just think the absolutist, "this never works" mentality is a bad one to have. If people can make it work, then they can make it work. If someone dates someone much older than they are and it doesn't work, then it won't work and the relationship will likely crash and burn without everyone needing to tell them it's wrong in the first place.

Wait, wat, you and I have been over this before.

Once you're into your 20's, dating someone 3 years up isn't so bad. When you're 15 dating a senior, there's kind of a ****ing problem due to how much changing there is to be had, much more so than with people past that stage in life. It's just simple facts, man.
I think you misunderstood exactly what I was trying to say. I'm pretty much going against the entire "Holy crap, she's 10 years older than him, that's disgusting" sort of mentality here. I'm really talking about when people are older, not talking about middle school/high school age -- as I've told you in the past, I tend to find middle school/high school relationships to be too full of stupidity and drama for my tastes anyway.

---

Regardless of all arguments though, I'm still a little curious as to why people are so anxious to prevent others from making what they're so sure is a mistake. If it's a mistake then let them make it for themselves. Telling them that it's just inherently wrong isn't really going to help anything.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Regardless of all arguments though, I'm still a little curious as to why people are so anxious to prevent others from making what they're so sure is a mistake.
Omg seriously this.

You know, this is one thing that parents should learn more than anything. People learn by experience, not by being told what's the best course of action.

A good example is one of my best friends. He retook his final year in high school to take more subjects (don't ask), and since we were at university last year, he felt a lot more alone. He decided to hang with a new crowd, which my friends and I could instantly tell were not good news, which we told him, but he thought HE WAS THE MAN AND COULD MAKE HIS OWN DECISION.

I thought it'd be best to just drop it and just leave him to learn it the hard way (ie the best way).

Basically he ended up being coerced into bank fraud, laundering loan shark money, and at one point on a night out with them, he was in a bad state from drinking, so they did the nice thing and pumped him full of drugs for the lulz and left him in the streets, which he wandered around for 3 days before the cops found him and took him home.

His parents at least are great parents, so they managed to get on top of the situation as soon as they knew what was up.

Luckily for my friend, he's learned a thing or two, no matter how nasty it all was, did work out for the best, because now he's not as naive and stupid.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Obviously, we only hate 'pedophiles' if they're men dating attractive young ladies whom we can't get ourselves.

S'noproblem having adult women giving us head, that's just fine.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
there's nothing wrong with being attracted to people several years older/younger than you

i made out with some drunk *** cougar ***** a decade older than me the other night at some party

Anyway, this thread got me thinking. Aside from the obvious fact that the unmentioned boyfriend in this sob story isn't at all a pedophile, it becomes abundantly clear to me, and hopefully everyone else, that OP is just a butthurt, friendzoned, nice-guy.

The one thing that makes me want to **** someone with a cactus is when biased people use technically incorrect terminology with negative connotations in today's society in an attempt to justify and rationalize their own personal hatred of an individual that probably doesn't deserve it.

Honestly, I can empathize with your story. We've all been there before. Not to mention that during adolescence everything else is x1000 in importance, even though none of it really matters. Remember, high school relationships are serious business.

this is kind of a dumb thread

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Ive seen 17 year olds dating 25's. You can't blame them for their ignorance tbh.
How is it ignorance? Some 17 year old females are ready for a dedicated long term relationship and many more 25 year old males are ready for the same thing.

Basically we're all victims of the social contract. The government tells us what's right and we take it to heart without taking any sort of logical thought process to analyze it.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I read the OP. LOL, you just want to justify why she doesn't want you and some obscure reason for her current relationship to be faulty to make yourself feel better. Get over it. I started dating my GF when she was 17 and I was 19.

Sure pedophiles are disgusting, but people only 4 years apart in this case isn't bad at all.

In conclusion: Go find another women to obsess about and leave her relationships with others alone because it's none of your business.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Dating a woman who is 17 years old does not make him a paedophile. It would if she was 15. I'm fairly certain adults can't get in trouble for dating girls 16 and above (at least in the UK).

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Dating a woman who is 17 years old does not make him a paedophile. It would if she was 15. I'm fairly certain adults can't get in trouble for dating girls 16 and above (at least in the UK).
By who's standards?
In the UK, the age of consent is 16, so adults can have relationships with 16 year olds. However, in the US, the age of consent is 18. Also, there are laws in place to prevent prosecution towards, say, a couple of seniors in high school and one happens to be 17 while the other is 18.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
In the UK, the age of consent is 16, so adults can have relationships with 16 year olds. However, in the US, the age of consent is 18. Also, there are laws in place to prevent prosecution towards, say, a couple of seniors in high school and one happens to be 17 while the other is 18.
It varies by state in the US. In Louisiana the age of consent is 17. In Alabama its 16. In Florida its 16 as long as the other person is between 18-21 and a bunch of other confusing type deals.

My previous comment is just a notion to look at the social contract in America (or where ever you're from). Why would a relationship between a 15 year old and a 21 year make the 21 year old a pedophile? Because the law says so? Not the most solid reason IMO.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Does the word "prepubescent" ring any bells?

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I read over the OP, and now I'm wondering what the hell does pedophilia have ANYTHING to do with finalark's blog? All he did was mention that this girl's boyfriend is in college, and she's a senior.

Look, maybe the whole "**** pedophiles" thing was a joke, and now you're all taking it waaay to seriously. Maybe you guys could make an effort and address how finalark feels about what happened instead of this ******** discussion about pedophiles.

Unfortunately, I don't have much to say. Don't got much experience on this.

forever alone:(

finalark

SNORLAX
I read over the OP, and now I'm wondering what the hell does pedophilia have ANYTHING to do with finalark's blog? All he did was mention that this girl's boyfriend is in college, and she's a senior.
Actually, she's a Jr. but whatever.

Look, maybe the whole "**** pedophiles" thing was a joke, and now you're all taking it waaay to seriously. Maybe you guys could make an effort and address how finalark feels about what happened instead of this ******** discussion about pedophiles.
Of course he isn't a pedophile, I'm just frustrated and when you're pissed you say stupid things. But this is the internet, I was an idiot for thinking I would get any decent feedback, especially in the User Blogs.

Unfortunately, I don't have much to say. Don't got much experience on this.

forever alone:(
I feel ya, mon.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You win some, you lose some. Its not the other guy's fault though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Definitiely not a Pedo.... maybe if she was seven years younger.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I can't say any real advice over this at all, because... <.< a guy had a crush on my gf, and I convinced her to move down here to live with me, and yeah....

I'm probably just the bad guy to you, but I'm sorry none the less :(

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man that was a 1 point infraction.

Dude just racks up too many points lol.

BUT his ban is irrelevant to the topic so stop talking about it.

asdf.zxzx

Smash Rookie
They won't unless you tell them where you live. if you're that worried, don't go to those chat rooms.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I totally feel you finalark, a couple of years ago something similar happened to me.

Except she'd break up with someone, suddenly start talking to me, and just when I thought that she actually wanted something would suddenly have a boyfriend again. This happened 7 or 8 times over 2 years, and I eventually switched schools to get away from it. We've not really spoken in 3 or 4 years.

Yeah, it'll hurt like hell, but if she wants you to let her alone then don't go out of your way to talk to her.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I can't say any real advice over this at all, because... <.< a guy had a crush on my gf, and I convinced her to move down here to live with me, and yeah....

I'm probably just the bad guy to you, but I'm sorry none the less :(
Actually I would consider you to be the smart guy.

Top Bottom