• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Im learning from you guys thanks.

So the main thing is vs fox is:,

- more nair on place = s2j
- punish harder while fox is on platforms. No uair but read the tech to dair, knee or dair -> combo
- let fox aproach you. The only thing is when fox misses his short hop nair, you cant punish him for that, atleast not remen , hes too quick lol.
-i guess also what scar said. When you gain momentum, use it well , and take that stock away. Dont stop comboing till fox is dead!

the golden ss rule 1 grab 1 kill counts as well ofcourse.
But hes the only one who can do that so never mind that one =)

Jeapie's Falcon kicks are hilarious.
Lol they are actaully quite handy ChivalRuse.

Falcon kick is a good move

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so someone recorded like 50 mins of friendlies from me a RoM and theyve been on youtube for over a month? why dont you people tell me these things? watching now, someone make a combo vid sheesh

JPOBS

Smash Hero
could ask this anywhere but i cae to the house that scar built.

when scar jumping, is there a specific timing/pressure with which to hit the C-stick away so that you always only drop and never bair?

i can do it sometimes but i wanna know if theres a technique to do it 100% of the time.

inb4uselesstechnique

edit:for sum reason c-stick down like like 99% more efficient and almost never dairs from the edge...i figured it out i guess lawl

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
I can punish Spacies and combo them pretty well. My real problem is floaties like Samus and Doc
what can I do? Especially since throws don't really do much against them from what I've tried

Scar

#HarveyDent
could ask this anywhere but i cae to the house that scar built.

when scar jumping, is there a specific timing/pressure with which to hit the C-stick away so that you always only drop and never bair?

i can do it sometimes but i wanna know if theres a technique to do it 100% of the time.

inb4uselesstechnique

edit:for sum reason c-stick down like like 99% more efficient and almost never dairs from the edge...i figured it out i guess lawl
jpobs

try to bair on purpose

weird huh

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Uthrow Doc, then try to Uair him. If he DJ's out of it, just **** him for it since you're below him.
how do I **** him? xD
Also I don't know if it's just me but I can't seem to hit doc enough
the Doc's I normally play just run around throwing random aerials. Maybe my spacing is off, but then again I'm not all that good I just starting learning how to SHFFL.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Hey Falcon Mains,

I play sheik and my friend in the same city plays Falcon.
He constanly beats me badly and I feel stuck on what to do.

He combos really well, but I had some questions regarding DI.

1.) If i get stomped at 50-90% towards the side of the edge, where should I be DI-ing?
2.) Anyway to get out of throws from 0-40%?
3.) for u-throw or d-throw --> knees that might not necessarily be safe, is the best option to try to jump out or spam nair and hope for a trade?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
1) stop getting stomped. you'll just die anyway, free knee at the edge = gg, thx 4 playing.
2) DI away. It doesn't combo until like 30 iirc
3) trade... with knee? you really have to ask? come on, try to gtfo, trading with knee is never a good idea.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I guess then what's my option if I'm recovering with Up+B and the falcon hangs off the ledge and waits for my landing and then stomps? Am I screwed?

For 3.) So only go for nairs and fairs if i'm confident that i'll outspace the knee?

Mokumo

Smash Ace
i find its hardest to connect the knee after a stomp if you DI behind me. but it's still possible, and pretty easy if a falcon is nice and warmed up.

try some of that reverse psychology and just go for the edge on your up B? that will not work everytime at all, because falcon easily has enough time to react to where you reappear and then punish you from when he's grabbing the ledge.

sheik is pretty well known as falcon's toughest matchup. maybe you just aren't playing gay enough.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
but then again I'm not all that good I just starting learning how to SHFFL.
therein lies the problem

once you learn to shffl well it should become clear to you

generally, uthrow to uair works on doc at mid percents, and if you uair him you should be able to connect more uairs or a knee at some point by reacting to his DI.

If he jumps out of it like OTG said, he's in the air without his jump. You are SIGNIFICANTLY faster on the ground than he is floating in the air without a jump. Run around under him and threaten to uair.

The only chances he has to get down really are if you commit and he dairs/airdodges at the right time. Dair will beat uair with a specific spacing/timing, but it's laggy so run around a bit, bait, don't uair too predictably, etc. and the guessing game is significantly in your favor. Just keep hitting him after that.

At low percents you could try like dthrow -> regrab if they don't DI away, and if they do DI away and try to aerial immediately you could try to uair -> wait for them to try something -> grab/aerial them in their lag, etc.

At mid-high percents dthrow -> knee should start working, especially if its near the edge but you still have enough room to get a running start.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I'm confused =(

It's not working for me. What's going on?
idk.

i was trying to hit it lightly at first and as getting the scar jump only like 55% of the time.

then i just started hitting it like a man and consistency went up to like 90ish percent.

thats the point scar was trying to make.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Hey Falcon Mains,

I play sheik and my friend in the same city plays Falcon.
He constanly beats me badly and I feel stuck on what to do.

He combos really well, but I had some questions regarding DI.

1.) If i get stomped at 50-90% towards the side of the edge, where should I be DI-ing?
2.) Anyway to get out of throws from 0-40%?
3.) for u-throw or d-throw --> knees that might not necessarily be safe, is the best option to try to jump out or spam nair and hope for a trade?
sup tafokints

yeah don't get stomped, it's bad for you. if you're referring to the stomp vs your recovery at the ledge, i'd say sometimes you're just forced to do it, but in general your recovery shouldn't allow that to happen bc if it does allow it, it's going to happen. DI can only save you some of the time.

i'd say to DI away from like 0-30ish, since lower than 15 or so in DI can be regrabbed, uthrow nair like never works afaik... you're in trouble between 30-40 though, you should think more about your DI after the first uair

mogwai is right don't try to trade w/ knee, beat it or evade it

then i just started hitting it like a man and consistency went up to like 90ish percent.

thats the point scar was trying to make.
LOOOOOL

ya if you try to flirt with cstick back you bair sometimes, but that never happens if you really push cstick back

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
ssb64 is awesome!

you got a good falcon! i would however try to up throw a bit more against spacies rather than down or back throw!

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
thanks guys. i think i just know his tech patterns really well cause we use to play a lot when i was still at that "getting good" stage

Top Bottom