• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I think I've been punished plenty in the last two months, thank you.

I'll find out if I get accepted to Job Corps tomorrow afternoon. I missed my interview because industrial districts are stupid and incredibly difficult to navigate.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
From now on, Merkuri and Rubyiris will no longer acknowledge the other exists.

Please just add each other to your ignore lists so this can stop once and for all.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well there we are.

Crisis averted.

Yay for all.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I think I've been punished plenty in the last two months, thank you.

I'll find out if I get accepted to Job Corps tomorrow afternoon. I missed my interview because industrial districts are stupid and incredibly difficult to navigate.
Well I hope you don't get it.

And you're still a jerk so you probably haven't been punished enough yet.

Merkuri, when do you normally sleep to? Nearly everyone I have ever known is up by 8AM for school or work, or a combination of the two.
Midnight to 1ish. Which probably won't be the case on Sunday nights anymore because of this internship. *sighs*

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I'm kind of stressed about the 2 tests I have this week. Sociology and Philosophy. They are on different days so its not the worst situation ever or anything. But I'm always nervous about tests, especially my sociology test.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
You know that actually wasn't cool. When I am complaining about my life don't declare that I am trolling. It is offensive.
I wasn't really referring to your "waking up at 9 AM" post, I was more going for your earlier posts where it did seem like you were flame-baiting. Sorry. Now on topic, sleeping patterns can be adjusted to fit your schedule fairly easily. I am not sure what time you normally wake up, but what I personally do to try and fix my sleeping schedule is getting about 30-60 minutes less of sleep each night.

For example, if you are used to getting about 10 hours of sleep each night, try going a couple nights of only getting 8, or even 7 hours. With this reduced sleeping period, you will find you will be more tired when it comes night, and will find it easier to get to sleep earlier than what you are used to. That doesn't mean that you are forever only granted 8 hours of sleep max, that just means that you will be able to get to sleep at an earlier time than normal, and hopefully find it easier to wake up at 9 AM over time. It will take some time to get used to getting less sleep, but it will get easier to wake up after a couple nights.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Heh, well in my case I have a more overbearing mother than Hitler, who pretty much tried to govern and control everything I did, said, and would go on to achieve.

My dad generally didn't even give a ****. At one point, he even forgot how old I was.

So yeah, he had pretty much no influence in my upbringing except reminding me every now and again that
I wasn't actually clever, capable, or
talented in any way.
The mum thing explains your personality, or at least your Internet personality.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well if that's what you think, but tbh my mum played little role in the development of my personality, because unlike some kids, I never bothered with rebellion.

I never really resented her so XD

The only way I can imagine any effect she had is some of her traits being mirrored by myself.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Everyone's an amateur psychologist Teran.

So I woke up feeling dreadful this morning. Don't think it's the hangover anymore, I think I'm actually ill. Annoyingly its on my days off from work but hey atleast it's not too bad, I'm off traveling to a mates down in Aberdeen in a week so atleast I'm ill now instead of then.

And it's good to see you're not accepting your mum Fuel. No point wasting your time with people like that.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Well if that's what you think, but tbh my mum played little role in the development of my personality, because unlike some kids, I never bothered with rebellion.

I never really resented her so XD

The only way I can imagine any effect she had is some of her traits being mirrored by myself.
I was interested to see what your response would be, I'm glad it wasn't the "you don't know me" jazz.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I wasn't tired so I didn't have to give the convenient answer.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
waking up sick AND hungover is the worst thing ever

like, one or the other is ok

but after a few hours when you realize you still wanna curl up in a hole and die, and it dawns on you you're actually physically ill

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah I wish I was like those people that can just sleep headaches off. If I go to sleep with one I have restless dream filled sleeps and I wake up feeling worse.

Also you didn't rebel Teran? What did you do during your teenage years? I was living a psychological nightmare during mine but somehow I defied the odds and now I'm living a rather normal life.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well I did start smoking as a teenager and stuff, but tbh nothing I did as a teenager was to spite the authorities in my life, because I knew in a few years the authority would disappear.

I did however, do a lot of "rule breaking" stuff in lots of instances, but again that was just because I was opportunistic and just wanted to take advantage of things.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Well I did start smoking as a teenager and stuff, but tbh nothing I did as a teenager was to spite the authorities in my life, because I knew in a few years the authority would disappear.

Busted.

Well maybe not, but generally people don't consciously acknowledge the factors that influence their behaviour.

Teran;12146965I said:
did however, do a lot of "rule breaking" stuff in lots of instances, but again that was just because I was opportunistic and just wanted to take advantage of things.
Like take advantage of the fact that for once you could do something without your parents breathing down your neck?

It's interesting how people naturally dislike it when someone else claims to know what influenced their personality. I don't think it's the specific influences the person is claiming, but the fact that there are influences at all, people seem to like the idea their personality is not shaped by contingent factors.

What's funnier though is telling someone that they're not different/unique, because they all respond the same way, and then actually show they're just like everyone else.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Busted.

Well maybe not, but generally people don't consciously acknowledge the factors that influence their behaviour.
No I'm 100% aware of the factors that shaped my personality, I just don't care to talk about them on a public message board.

Like take advantage of the fact that for once you could do something without your parents breathing down your neck?
No, like take advantage of a potentially humorous situation, make money, or get inflated exam results.

I
t's interesting how people naturally dislike it when someone else claims to know what influenced their personality.
No I think they generally dislike it if they're based off of a tiny tidbit of information given to someone they've never met in their life, and someone who doesn't know anything significant about them.

I don't think it's the specific influences the person is claiming, but the fact that there are influences at all, people seem to like the idea their personality is not shaped by contingent factors.
Or maybe they'd know which events shaped their lives the most better than a teenaged stranger?

What's funnier though is telling someone that they're not different/unique, because they all respond the same way, and then actually show they're just like everyone else.
Everybody is genetically unique (even identical twins), but of course being human, we do pretty much react to most stuff in a similar fashion. The irony here being is that you try so hard to portray a different mindset. Oh wait isn't that what you keep saying about me?

Hmm

Think about it

Is it really so hard to accept that someone's brain is wired differently in a way that you can't understand or explain?

I think it is for you.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Like I said, everyones an amateur psychologist Teran. Some people think they're smarter than they are.

But what I came here to vent about was bloody work. So I'm in bed feeling like I'm freezing even though I'm sweating (being ill sucks) and I get a call at 5 past 7 asking why I'm not at work. Now, knowing that I'm not in again until Friday, I say "I'm not working today".

Anyway long story short I had to drag myself into work because they needed another person in and they'd changed the rota and put me in for today but nobody phoned me to tell me. Luckily I never got in trouble, they'd realised their mistake, and I just stayed an extra hour to make up for it. Being ill wasn't going to stop me either, money beats illness.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Everyone is a unique, beautiful snowflake

just like everyone else

In slightly related news, there's a reason that people behave differently. People think about different things, people respond to different things, people care about different things, all for different reasons.

There's a reason that Al Gore pours out his heart and soul, only to have his cries and platitudes of global warming and ecological disaster fall on deaf ears. Know why? Because he's one of the few who cares so passionately about something else that most people never gave a second a thought about. It's not because most people are malicious, it's simply because Al Gore cares more about it than virtually anyone else. Now, if you wanted to analyze his formative years, you could probably even figure out the exact impacting factor that followed Skinner's laws to worm this furtive worrisomeness into Mr. Gore's mind.

However, a lesser mind, such as yours, will indubitably attempt to rationalize away my incandescently honest truth on the basis that my example isn't such a good one. I know it's not a good example, you syphilitic swine, but if I really wanted to I could come up with about 7 billion more. Know why? EVERYBODY'S DIFFERENT. CAN YOU HONESTLY LOOK AT THE INNUMERABLE FACTORS THAT ALTER EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUALS EVERY DAY LIVES AND CLAIM THAT EVERY SINGLE PERSON RESPONDS THE EXACT SAME WAY? You piece of ****.

I'm honestly not sure why it's so important for you that everyone be the same. Insecurity, maybe. Possibly daddy didn't hug you enough. Or maybe he hugged you too much? Perhaps I've just had a revelational epiphany the likes of which you will never experience, bringing me into some kind of shining empathetic catharsis.

Regardless, I pity you, sir.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I really hate this Geostatistics class of mine. I actually looked at the homework due this week last week, I saw that it was probability and I thought that shouldn't be too hard. I was wrong, it's really difficult. I went to the tutor service at my school and the statistics professor there couldn't even help me with it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God I'm so annoyed at my dad right now. Today I got to choose my classes for next year and I decided to drop down from honors science and math to regular an now that my dad saw the paper, he's pissed at me for dropping down honors while he completely ignored the fact that I finally got AP classes for the first time in my life

Even after I explained to him that first off I wasn't even interested in those subjects and second that my science teacher wouldn't have let me take honors chemistry anyways, he still got pissed at me anyways

Jesus I hate the day that I make an academic decision in my own that my dad gets pissed at me because I'm "not excelling" even though most colleges don't look at honors classes anyways

And I just remembered something else. I also showed my dad my pre SAT scores, a test clearly meant for 11th graders, and I got a pretty good score and he says and just goes "oh". He got pissed that I didn't get a 100 percentile or whatever the **** the final score combined with all the three subject areas is. He'll, even IM proud of my score, compared to some of the other people who took it that got a lower score than me.

I don't understand WHY my ENTIRE family expect so much from me. One says ill grow up to be a NASA engineer while another person says I'll be a great politician and so forth, when I don't want to be any of that. For some reason they think that I HAVE to get straight As because I'm brilliant and ****. No I'm not. I simply can't and it's annoying as **** when my family keeps trying to push me to get good grades and then get scolded by them when I get something like a B. Jesus Christ I wish they'd all go to annoy one of my cousins or something because I can't live with the expectation of doing something amazing that'll print my famil name in books or something god

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Tell them you're getting stressed by the pressure. And hey at least they care about your grades.

So anyway I think I've found out how to keep my constant headache at bay, though my ears are still ringing.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I know it sounds a bit obvious but I have always found advil to take care of my headaches. A good nap can be helpful too although I realize that's generally impractical.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Fuel, just do what you want, you don't have to live up to your family's insane standards. I know I wouldn't be able to live up to their standards. Also, you're right about honors classes, they don't really matter that much. Unless you want to get into AP courses, but you already achieved that so you're pretty much set.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Teran- Most of us are influenced by our environment. That's why everyone I debate happen to all say the same thing, which is coincidently the mainstream school of thought of today.

And funnily enough, you said exactly the same thing everyone else says. You say that I'm not different, assuming that I actually want to be different. At this point I normally say "the fact you assume that I try or care to be different shows your thinking is very mainstream", but that may be drawing a long bow in your case.

LT- I didn't intend to derail the thread. Soz.

In my defense, it isn't me who usually derails it. My posts are usually non argumentative, it's just that people can't keep it in their pants and have to say their opinion, which is what causes the drama.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Teran- Most of us are influenced by our environment. That's why everyone I debate happen to all say the same thing, which is coincidently the mainstream school of thought of today.

And funnily enough, you said exactly the same thing everyone else says. You say that I'm not different, assuming that I actually want to be different. At this point I normally say "the fact you assume that I try or care to be different shows your thinking is very mainstream", but that may be drawing a long bow in your case.

LT- I didn't intend to derail the thread. Soz.

In my defense, it isn't me who usually derails it. My posts are usually non argumentative, it's just that people can't keep it in their pants and have to say their opinion, which is what causes the drama.
You know when someone asks for the derailing to stop, they don't mean "make one more off topic post and then apologise"

*Stabs old lady* Oh sorry officer I know you said don't do it but yeah you know I apologised so that makes it all better.

I'm also starving like an Ethiopian, BACK LATER!

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I kind of feel shafted by my university. When an engineering major takes 18 credits of classes, they only have 12 hours of class a week. The number of hours is usually reduced to maybe 6 hours of class a week because their classes are often canceled. I am a neuroscience major, taking 13 credits but have 13 hours of classes a week. By this logic, shouldn't I have significantly fewer hours of classes since I'm taking 13 credits? More work for fewer credits does not make sense to me.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Update: Waiting lists suck.

I'm waiting for my replacement Social Security Card to come in the mail since my old one was stolen in my old wallet. Once I get this, I can go to Job Corps and finish my application, then it's on to the waiting list. They don't start me until they move me into the dorms, which I'm on a waiting list for.

I want some advice on what to do: My grandparents moved me into their home whilst I wait for acceptance, but they don't like the idea that I literally have finished everything I need to do up until this point and just have to wait until my name is pulled up on the waiting list. What should I do during about the months period of downtime?

The grandmother suggested GED studying but Job Corps will make me go through their class regardless of what prior studying I've done, and getting a part-time job is out of the question.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Update: Waiting lists suck.

I'm waiting for my replacement Social Security Card to come in the mail since my old one was stolen in my old wallet. Once I get this, I can go to Job Corps and finish my application, then it's on to the waiting list. They don't start me until they move me into the dorms, which I'm on a waiting list for.

I want some advice on what to do: My grandparents moved me into their home whilst I wait for acceptance, but they don't like the idea that I literally have finished everything I need to do up until this point and just have to wait until my name is pulled up on the waiting list. What should I do during about the months period of downtime?

The grandmother suggested GED studying but Job Corps will make me go through their class regardless of what prior studying I've done, and getting a part-time job is out of the question.
This is the kind of mentality that has landed you in the situation you are now.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Ignore Merk, Ruby, he's just trolling you to get a reaction. He knows if you respond you'll get punished.

So anyway I came out to a girl friend I work with today. She took it great, said it never crossed her mind that I might be. **** it was hard though, my heart was beating like crazy.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Ignore Merk, Ruby, he's just trolling you to get a reaction. He knows if you respond you'll get punished.

So anyway I came out to a girl friend I work with today. She took it great, said it never crossed her mind that I might be. **** it was hard though, my heart was beating like crazy.
I'm actually giving him good advice here, and judging by the responses people agree with me.

Not everyone who says bad things about homosexuality are always trolling, get your head out of your *** dude.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Why is it out of the question? What are you looking for, then?
I'm going to be going into Job Corps in 3~4 weeks, so getting a job isn't applicable, imo.

I honestly just want to relax since I've been so busy and stressed out for the past 3 months, but it's not up to me. My grandparents want me to be productive for some stupid, arbitrary reason even though I'm going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ridiculously busy for the next YEAR next month that I just want to relax for my last 2 or so weeks of being on the waiting list.

@Mekuri: If anything put me into the situation I'm in, it definitely wasn't my current mindset, but I know you're just a troll, so it's whatever. =]

I'd first have to find a part time job (Which if you guys remember, I've been job searching for 3+ years and NEVER ONCE got hired.), then quit after about 2~3 weeks of work when I get accepted into job corps.

What I'm thinking about doing is just doing some volunteer work to get them off my ***.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm actually giving him good advice here, and judging by the responses people agree with me.

Not everyone who says bad things about homosexuality are always trolling, get your head out of your *** dude.
You didn't even mention homosexuality, you commented on his life status, but you didn't give advice or question why like Dourin below, you just slagged him off in the most trolly way possible.

Top Bottom