• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo - Preview Video + Mewtwo Released! Download NOW!

Silent freeze when I grab-pummel a character. -_- Its getting really annoying, telling my friends "The game doesn't freeze anymore" I choose Mewtwo first match, and that happens. -_-

Delta-RS

Smash Cadet
Okay Here are Bugs Ive Found with me:
Freezes when i do Fthrow and BThrow
If Shadow ball connects REALLY loud beep
Taunts freeze the game.
Pummel Freezes unless on stamina mode

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Okay Here are Bugs Ive Found with me:
Freezes when i do Fthrow and BThrow
If Shadow ball connects REALLY loud beep
Taunts freeze the game.
Pummel Freezes unless on stamina mode
That is strange ... I have the same files on my SD card and they don't freeze or cause problems to me.
Maybe the presence of other Hacked characters against Mewtwo cause the Freeze, Otherwise it is fine to me.

(A video of it would be Nice :S)

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Ive heard other people complain about this as well.

I would really look into it.
Here comes an Update:

The Official Melee Mewtwo Color Pack, this one is the Pack in which I have worked a lot, like with the Melee Ganon.

It is just a Color Pack not a Full Pack, It has all the recolors of Melee, it even has the Black recolor from Mewtwo by me.
It is completed I believe?

anyway
Enjoy!

Mewtwo = Melee/Vertex Hack/PSA/[Official Download Mediafire]

(Credit to Mariokart64n for the Model)

Note: This is not KTH's Mewtwo, Its different.

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
Hey, nice work with Mewtwo,I've been following this project for quite some time I think it's one of the best hacks out there IMO. But, I found two problem with the latest version: the game freezes everytime I use the AAA combo and there are those horns in mewtwo's shoulder when he's in his standing animation that move when he does other animations(sometimes they are inside his torso, sometimes they float above the shoulder). I dunno if the horn is a known model problem, but it's just a minor thing, the freeze is the one that really bothers me.

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Solution!

Hey, nice work with Mewtwo,I've been following this project for quite some time I think it's one of the best hacks out there IMO. But, I found two problem with the latest version: the game freezes everytime I use the AAA combo and there are those horns in mewtwo's shoulder when he's in his standing animation that move when he does other animations(sometimes they are inside his torso, sometimes they float above the shoulder). I dunno if the horn is a known model problem, but it's just a minor thing, the freeze is the one that really bothers me.
To avoid the Freeze you must use the Models that you can find in the Pack, If you use the Original Lucario slot or another Normal Texture of Lucario with the PSA, it will freeze on the AAA combo, you must use all the files from the pack (.pcs and .pac files), the Models included in the pack along with the Textures are Anti-Freeze, You must use those Models or Mewtwo will Freeze.

Have Nice Day!
-AGFan

To avoid the Freeze you must use the Models that you can find in the Pack, If you use the Original Lucario slot or another Normal Texture of Lucario with the PSA, it will freeze on the AAA combo, you must use all the files from the pack (.pcs and .pac files), the Models included in the pack along with the Textures are Anti-Freeze, You must use those Models or Mewtwo will Freeze.

Have Nice Day!
-AGFan
Well, that certainly puts a dampener on using Flamedramon :[

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I discovered the issue, I was using the .pac file from the 23th pack, but the .pcs files from the Official Melee Mewtwo Color Pack. So I deleted the files from the color pack, but extracted the textures using brawl box, so I could replace the textures from renamed copies of the files of the 23th pack with the ones I extracted from the color pack.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Ehh... I'm planning to work on M2 today after I get some stuff done.

EDIT:
The only thing I think I'm gonna do is the Final Smash.
I'm thinking Selfdestruct...

S_SoNick

Smash Rookie
This hack's pretty nice! It took a bit of searching for files to get it to work, but I love it!
For the next release you -may- want to include your textures for the alternate costumes in the main download link; as has been stated in this thread the A A A combo causes freezes with others' textures. This also holds true for the default textures, which are loaded if one uses only the files that you've provided in the original post.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Ehh... I'm planning to work on M2 today after I get some stuff done.

EDIT:
The only thing I think I'm gonna do is the Final Smash.
I'm thinking Selfdestruct...
I would say Psycho Break, but I don't know how you would make it look. One thing's for sure though, M2 needs an epic final smash. What do you plan on doing with Self Destruct?

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Guys...
I need help..
My wii is not working anymore, so I need help fixing it.
I installed preloader, and now the wii doesn't go to the wii menu, it goes to the preloader instead.
The preloader doesn't work. When I choose system menu, it says the system files are corrupted...
I don't know what to do, I REALLY need help guys.. PLEASE!
And if that wasn't enough to encourage you on helping me, well..
If I don't fix my wii, I cannot hack, so yeah.

EDIT: I can't access the homebrew channel either... dangit.

Guys...
I need help..
My wii is not working anymore, so I need help fixing it.
I installed preloader, and now the wii doesn't go to the wii menu, it goes to the preloader instead.
The preloader doesn't work. When I choose system menu, it says the system files are corrupted...
I don't know what to do, I REALLY need help guys.. PLEASE!
And if that wasn't enough to encourage you on helping me, well..
If I don't fix my wii, I cannot hack, so yeah.

EDIT: I can't access the homebrew channel either... dangit.

Yeah, you dont really hack anyways.
Take the files off your sd card and load the Wii up again.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
just clamp down the up & down dpad on a gamecube controller with something strong (THIS MIGHT BREAK IT)
plug it into slot 4
turn your wii on, wait for the black screen
put in a game with a firmware update equal to or greater than your old firmware
????
PROFIT

see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oACM8bgqksg

This project is so dead. Its a shame none of the exceptionally gifted brawl hackers like Aafre, Mewtwo2000 or even LenSho will give it a hand. A more professional touch.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
...Which he really doesn't. It could certainly be improved but that isn't this project's problem. If you don't like where the project is going (which I'll admit is nowhere right now) do something yourself. Complaining won't change anything.

SSJCerious

Smash Rookie
This project is so dead. Its a shame none of the exceptionally gifted brawl hackers like Aafre, Mewtwo2000 or even LenSho will give it a hand. A more professional touch.
So we need another modeler and two stage makers to help with....a mewtwo moveset? :urg:

Those are all valid points. I guess my complaining seems misplaced.

However, I DO believe Mewtwo needs a new/tweaked model, and would recommend any of those individuals for it. This thread is the only Mewtwo one here and its where everyone gathers to discuss and share their info and materials to further the project. If my concerns and ideas belong anywhere, its here.

Also, saying Lensho and Mewtwo2000 are "just stage makers" is kind of an insult. Their range of knowledge extends beyond just stages. They just choose stages as their artistic medium (I prefer them too, as they allow a much larger sandbox for creativity).

Anyways, I've contributed what I know how to to this project. Ive moved onto MvC3 hacking now, so my time is devoted to that.

SSJCerious

Smash Rookie
Those are all valid points. I guess my complaining seems misplaced.

However, I DO believe Mewtwo needs a new/tweaked model, and would recommend any of those individuals for it. This thread is the only Mewtwo one here and its where everyone gathers to discuss and share their info and materials to further the project. If my concerns and ideas belong anywhere, its here.

Also, saying Lensho and Mewtwo2000 are "just stage makers" is kind of an insult. Their range of knowledge extends beyond just stages. They just choose stages as their artistic medium (I prefer them too, as they allow a much larger sandbox for creativity).

Anyways, I've contributed what I know how to to this project. Ive moved onto MvC3 hacking now, so my time is devoted to that.
Well, I never degraded Mewtwo2000's OR Lenshos work by saying "they're just stage makers" (hell, you came up with that on your own). I simply said that they ARE stage makers, and with that implied that they wouldnt be able to help. As for the model of mewtwo itself, read this (as it is the perfect response):
he really doesn't. It could certainly be improved but that isn't this project's problem. If you don't like where the project is going (which I'll admit is nowhere right now) do something yourself. Complaining won't change anything.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
*yawns* Either way, this project is dead because nobody really gives a **** about it. They're either on new things, or have given up on Brawl hacking period.
too true. maybe once P:M is done, this'll get some love. but with all the best hackers off doing that, we've got no one here cept us non-hackers. well, i'm a vertexer, but that's not much of a help when you need a psa'er and an animator.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Well if ANYTHING will get the Mewtwo project back up again its this:

The MDL0 converter will support conversion of .dae's to MDL0's, so any model you can import into 3DS can be exported as a .dae, and injected into BB.

Meaning we can use mewtwo's ACTUAL model from Melee.
And for those of you think the MDL0 converter is a long ways off, THINK AGAIN!!

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
And for those of you think the MDL0 converter is a long ways off, THINK AGAIN!!
How close is Tcll to finding one of Smash hacking's Holy Grails? Last I checked he had a good deal of work left. And wouldn't that model have a screwy bone tree incompatible with Lucario's/custom animations?

Top Bottom