• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance | Final Chapter

X1-12

Smash Champion
OS I was playing the game and felt you were scum, I decided to read in depth and gave evidence which backed up my read. There is nothing wrong with this.

OS said:
I don't like this post. "I think you're scummy, but don't ask me for reasoning" is the most anti-town thing you can do. Knowing someone's reasoning is how you catch them as scum. X1 keeps saying "think about INTENT guys, come on!" but refuses to tell us his own intentions. When confronted about his actions, he says "Why would I do that if I were scum" which is nothing but a WIFOM defense, rather than a defense itself.
Have you ever asked me my own intentions? No. And either way, it should be clear. I think you are scum based on the evidence I have presented and the way you have failed to properly defend yourself, my intention is to get you lynched because of it. In response to the bolded I think its a fairly good indicator that a player has lots of reasoning for doing something as town, but has little reasoning for doing it as scum then its generally a good idea to consider them town for it, and vica versa

Here, X1 grudgingly admits that being busy with something else is a legitimate excuse for not pressuring a scum read... despite saying I'm scummy for not pressuring CDubs over a short time frame where I am instead answering other people's questions and pressuring Zen. That's an interesting contradiction.
There is no "short time frame" There was a 96 hour time when you failed to pressure. You talk about 15 hours but completely fail to explain it despite questioning.

@Overswarm: Respond to Nabe's #1563 and #1572

In addition to this, his reasoning on Rajam has changed. Now he doesn't care about Rajam having faulty reasoning for his vote... he just considers it a distancing thing, which was secondary to his reasoning in the quote just prior.
This is just... not true. In #1516 I talk about how Rajam could be distancing because of the weak reasoning he votes OS, this is why Raj could be OS's buddy, then in #1522 I say the same thing.

@OS: Gord replaced out conveniently but was town, how does Zen not posting for 1 day then returning when presure was on make him scum?

Zen aint scummy, lol. Its like the new wolfpack but with 2 of us. Maybe if Nabe steps up we can recruit him or something (NO ITS NOT A MASON OR RECRUITER CRUMB)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
X1 Vs OS (And Cdubs) has been the most fruitful back and forth this game. At least initially. Now it's just the two of you going in circles.

I disagree with x1 that there was enough to to say that OS wasn't perusing one of his reads (Cdubs). It looked more to me like OS just commented on Cdubs post and did ask a couple of questions on Cdubs. And it wasn't as if Cdubs was posting much during that time. (I think). Also OS asking Luxor what he thought about Luxor was fine. Though OS still has just been asking questions with no goal in mind. which is the part I don't like.

He has been asking some questions today. But it's like he is just asking them because he is supposed to ask questions. Sort of like Ranmaru but in more experienced form. The reason people ask questions is because they have a suspicion or thought behind the question in which they want to further develop based on the responses from the question. However, OS supposed strategy is to just ask questions and see if something happens maybe sometime. This is not the kind of play that town would play nor is it the type of play Os has exhibited in past games. d1 Overswarm hardly asked any questions at all. He says that he has been asking questions, but that has only been in this day. He has failed to show any town intent d1 yet he claims that his strategy is to ask questions and respond to questions until like to people are brought out to focus on and then to ignore questions. Yet OS did not put any focus on either of the two people that were being considered for a lynch either. I don't recall him asking glg questions or showing any attempt to further develop his read on glg. He simply picked him and stuck with it the entire day. And for bogus reasons on Gordito at that.

OS has said many times outside of this game that when he is scum, he plays manipulatively. That is what OS has been doing this game. It was OS yesterday who decided that the play had to be between glg and Nich. He manipulated town into thinking those were the only two people who could be lynched. At his very moment he is trying to manipulate town into my lynch out of no where. He's trying to pose it as if me and x1 are scumbuddies, completely working off of Ryu. And it's so blatant that he is trying to make an appeal towards Ryu in lynching joining in to lynch me.

I think the most direct scumtell for me on his OS was his supposed cluelessness about the abductor. Reading the flavor and the wording of the post that Adum was removed, it should be the natural assumption that Adum was abducted and not Janned. Yet OS was supposedly oblivious to this. Nich claims that he was roleblocked and can't use his ability in his #1158. OS then in #1165 reasons that he thinks Ncih is town because scum claiming to be a coroner and then claiming to be roleblocked would be crazy after a jan. He makes no mention at all that there could possibly be an abductor and that Nich could be lying. Even after FF's post coming into d2 which goes into detail of the possibilities of there being an abductor. Yet OS forcefully assumes that Adum was janned and bases his reasoning off that.

Then Nich clarifies that he still has the coroner ability in #1168. OS responds with "Are you able to say who adumbrodeus was?" in #1170. For one, why would Nich's ability be a day ability. OS' #1165 shows that he was working of the assumption that Nich's ability was a night ability. And just by common sense, one could make this deduction. So this is what I mean when OS questioning looks fake. I feel he knew the answer already and was just asking to give the appearance that he didn't. Not to mention he is still working off the assumption that Adum was Janned. Not even considering that he was abducted. Which makes me think he is trying to keep connection away from there being an abductor. Scum try and avoid saying putting forth information that they have that town doesn't. Because town doesn't have it, it would look suspicious for someone bringing it up, like they have some info that town doesn't. And this is why I think OS was pretending to be so oblivious to abductor bit and Nich's role regarding it.

Town people on my wagon need to realize that lynching me is the best thing for them. Scum know I'm town and thus know I am not lying about my role. Town do not know my alignment and are uncertain of my role. Scum is using this to try and get rid of me in the day, so at night they can focus on others.

Nich and other are trying to paint it that I claimed to have something yesterday so that I could live through the day and that I am doing that same thing today. But I hardly had suspicion on me yesterday so there would be no reason for me to do such a thing. It's totally bogus. People are wanting to lynch me solely based on my claim of being able to clear someone rather than my play which has been genuine attempts to lynch scum and contribute to town going in the right direction.

Seriously guys I have promised to full claim tomorrow. I've crumbed my role d1 and all my actions should be clear when I do. Even if I'm roleblocked I am still going to claim. I'm not going to be like "just wait til d4 plzz" like Nich is trying to make it out to be.

I really feel OS should be the play.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Beatstick what do you think of OS and Zen? Which one would you rather lynch? Be aware deadline is tomorrow so you should be deciding and probably voting soon.

Rajam

Smash Champion
@Rajam: Could you see a Ran/OS team? Or Nich/OS? Look at the way in which they distracted from his wagon starting at like #1520
Yes I do but I can also see a Ran/X1, Ran/Nich, Ran/adumb, Ran/frozen, Ran/whoever didn't pressure Ran as hard as it should. So guess what: Ran is my super number 1 scum pick, and I want him to be lynched toDay

vote: Ranmaru

And no, I won't go back to read now around post 1500; if you want to convince me to vote OS or whoever you want to get lynched, you do the work, give details, links, etc. I did so in my case with Ran, with RR, with my vote resume, and I usually give quotes and links. Don't be lazy if you actually want to convince people. Again, yo go and do the work: show me exactly step by step in detail how the wagon was distracted. Feel free to use my vote resume if you want. If you don't I'll assume you're just BS around making ppl lose their time. For once, give details and do some work. Also, your case on OS is terrible if you have nothing else but "OS didn't follow his indy read on Cdubs". If OS is your 1st scum pick I suppose you have more than that; care to explain what else?

I need yet to catch up because we're like 30 hours away from deadline and I want to invite everyone to vote Ranmaru as well. We still have 30 hours. I just read his posts and nothing, nothing strikes me as town or makes me wonder "wow this guy could be town... who is then really scum?". I'm convinced Ran is scum, his questions are filler, we have Glyph from Day 1, he didn't worry about lynches and deadlines Day 1, more filler posts, and lack of townie AtE imo.

Rajam

Smash Champion
urhhh... my bad, I believed we were around post 4000 and that you were referring to the events of late Day 1 with post 1500... Guess I can go back some posts since I just realized I'm around post 1500 catching up lol... Anyways, what I said will apply in your next post in which you order someone to do something in which you should do the job (that was @X1)

X1-12

Smash Champion
are you seriously calling me lazy
after just massively butting heads with OS
and having to repeatedly pull up and link
posts over and over

especially when
you are calling who is the lynch
with little reasoning at all
and without having read the thread

I've explained every read I've made toDay
and you haven't read the thread
and I'm lazy for not spoon feeding you
something which you should have read already.

And then even more dumb
you say "Is there not anything else on OS?"
despite in post #1598
the one you just responded to
I pointed out several other things
and asked you to respond to them
which you ignored.

Rajam

Smash Champion
are you seriously calling me lazy
after just massively butting heads with OS
and having to repeatedly pull up and link
posts over and over

especially when
you are calling who is the lynch
with little reasoning at all
and without having read the thread

I've explained every read I've made toDay
and you haven't read the thread
and I'm lazy for not spoon feeding you
something which you should have read already.

And then even more dumb
you say "Is there not anything else on OS?"
despite in post #1598
the one you just responded to
I pointed out several other things
and asked you to respond to them
which you ignored.
You could have changed in your last posts, but it doesn't change the fact that, looking at the whole game in a mark, you've been lazy in the sense of providing details, explanations, quotes, links to your statements. You order people to do things without saying why they should obey you, you order them to go back and do the job you should do by providing qoutes and links, etc.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Have you read any of this Day

Do you have any examples of me ordering people to do my work for me, other than this time a few posts ago where I pointed you to the specific posts I'm talking about rather than quoting 15-20 of them

Why do you choose to ignore what I just said about OS despite me asking you to respond to it for the second time.

Beat!

Smash Master
I wanna lynch Ran...

Oh well. I'll make a large post tomorrow morning (GMT-5) with opinions, and a few responses. There will still be at least 18 hours left by then.

If it boils down to OS/Zen... I think I'd go with Zen, but I'll read through everything before making up my mind. Would prefer Ran though.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Beat don't misinterpret this, but if its close between Zen/OS its actually better for you to go OS. I'm pretty sure RR will say "omg deals r scummy" at this but oh well.

I want: OS and Ran lynched, but OS gone first.

You want: Ran lynched.

If you know Ran won't get the steam toDay then lynching OS will actually make it more likely Ran will go toMorrow. I'm being completely open here and trying to not be under the table but that is fact. Your goal is to get Ran gone and getting rid of OS first makes that goal more attainable for you, and your most recent post gives the impression that its not close between Zen/OS.

Plus Zen has already pretty much stated he is a PR with breadcrumbs, so getting him to L-1 is just a waste of time

X1-12

Smash Champion
Zen I'll go ran if its the strongest wagon and its literally the last hour I'll be awake before the deadline but otherwise no.

If we don't get rid of OS toDay, no-one'll ever be able to get him lynched again. OS could talk his way out of being mod-confirmed scum against most of the players in this game. If he slips through toDay thats basically game over.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
8/14|02.17.11 11:59PM EST

votee|voters
Ranmaru|Rajam/

X1-12|Red Ryu/

Zεη|frozenflame751/Luxor/Raziek/Ranmaru/Nicholas1024/Overswarm/BeatStick/

Overswarm|Cdubs1987/X1-12/Nabe/Zεη/

Rajam|giraffelasergun/

No Vote|No One

Deadline Extension Requests|Zεη/

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Very well.

I am Volke, Mercenary Stunner

Who ever I am targeted by during the night is voteblocked the next day. My plan was to draw the NK and then hopefully those smart enough would search the word "stun" for my breadcrumb on what the role does. (Not sure if this is a known role or not or ZV's. I wasn't able to find it on wiki).

I was trying to draw the NK or a roleblock n1 with this, but it just backfired. And people got too caught up on the role. I was to obvious with it d1 and I realized after posting "I can clear someone" that scum might realize what I was trying to do. But that's only if they have an experienced player, which I think they do. Scum didn't roleblock or target me last night because everyone has shown to be able to vote today. Which is why I've been concerned with who has been voting today. And why I was telling those who weren't voting that they should vote (#1396 & #1397 are examples). It is also why I was able to confirm that no one was clear after Raz voted for the first time today (#1409 & #1410).

I've been trying so hard to draw a NK or Roleblock, but somehow people have gotten too caught up in it.

D1 I:
-Claimed that I could clear someone as either town or scum (which I could if I was targeted by them in the night.)
-Bread crumbed being Mason's with OS. btw I never claimed this. That was you Ryu. It's against my mafia philosophy to lie as town. I simply said is "it should be pretty obvious why I think x1 is 100% town" or something like that.
-Directing the cop to investigate me. I was hoping that maybe scum would kill me because of the clear or that if a possible cop did actually do this, I would secretly know that person was town and thus be able to clear them later if I was alive or they would be cleared later on my flip.

All of this failed. And I really think that someone experienced is in the mafia. Unfortunately all of this backfired today when I ended up living through the night and couldn't deliver.

When I realized today that scum probably knew what I was trying to do, I tried taken the Frozen approach which is to play sort of kind of like his lurky style which often gets him lynched and in which I just seen a direct example in another game I'm in with him. But THEN people tried to use THAT for calling me scum. I was hoping that with a scum flip today that scum would certainly target me because I wouldn't be lynch viable later based on the flips. I felt that if I lived through today, I had a good chance of drawing the night kill during the night and we could out the roleblocker d3. I was attempting to taunt scum with my last few comments. "Nich, scum wont roleblock me, if they do then you will be able to do your biz." and all that. If scum felt that I didn't think they would NK me or Roleblock me, then they would in fact do one of these things to throw town off. (Mostly roleblock. I felt they would try to put me in the same position I am tomorrow as today with "no results").

This is why I didn't want to claim, because it pretty much makes what I was trying to do pointless as now that scum know I wanted them to target me, they simply wont.

These are my crumbs from d1 :
The last line is just so scummy haha. "Then I really do have to defend myself O_O". I mean can you see town saying something like this? Gord isn't some noob. He knows he has to defend himself. He's just playing it off like he's stunned and doesn't know if people are just voting him for the hell of it (Actually appearantly some are (Raz) but that's not the point) or if he really needs to defend himself even though people have been telling him to do so since my case.
Wow Luxor probably isn't town with scum Nich. If Nich flips scum we should look a lot into: Luxor, OS, Rajam, and Nabe. Maybe Vult if not Rajam. I'd be pretty stunned if at least a couple of his scumbuddies didn't reside in that group.

Also we need to pay more attention to voting patterns tomorrow. It's ok for today, but tomorrow we could probably clear 1 or 2 people based on who's voting and flips.
Yes it is.

I don't think your points make Ranmaru town at all. If both our wagons were town, he could have simply been avioding being on a town lynch. Which makes more sense to me. For him to derail like that so close to the deadline is not a town action. He's paying no attention to the game.

I'll be stunned if glg is scum and Ran isn't.

However, glg flips scum: Ran and Ryu should be put aside. Along with anyone who has been pushing his lynch hard (obv).

X1-12

Smash Champion
Zen's ability is easily and safely provable by Raz. It can also come in really handy in determining if someone is lying about a visiting PR. We should NOT lynch zen. We should lynch OS.

X1-12

Smash Champion
deadline approaching.

Ran on L-7

OS on L-4

go OS.

@rajam what is what you are doing now different to what you called people out for doing end of D1. Your play right now is increasing the chance of a No Lynch AND what you just said about ran is very similar to OS saying 'its Nich or glg, but I think Nich is town'

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I believe Zen's stunner role. However, that doesn't clear him by any stretch of the imagination. Simply because of the counterpoint of how those breadcrumbs and such could have been used if he was mafia. He had a good chance of drawing a doc protect instead of/in addition to a roleblock. As mafia he'd know 100% it was some town PR (because obviously his scumbuddies wouldn't target him.) But as town, how would you have differentiated between the town PR's investigating/protecting you vs the scum PR's trying to roleblock/kill you?

X1-12

Smash Champion
he was obviously playing the role the town way by drawing NKs and RBs, he wasnt baiting investigation or protection or anything.

Mafia is taking over my life... Need sleep now

Rajam

Smash Champion
deadline approaching.

Ran on L-7

OS on L-4

go OS.

@rajam what is what you are doing now different to what you called people out for doing end of D1. Your play right now is increasing the chance of a No Lynch AND what you just said about ran is very similar to OS saying 'its Nich or glg, but I think Nich is town'
More than 24 hours yet available, with the possiblity of deadline extension, and you can trust I'll be here to be sure there will be a lynch. But most important, Ran has a decent chance of being wagoned and lynched, and you can accuse me AFTER Ran flip if he flips town, not before. I started to accuse OS toDay after glg flipped town, and I guess that due to the fact that I've already accused ppl for almost getting a No Lynch, I guess no one will run the risk of falling into that category ever more again.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Zen's ability is easily and safely provable by Raz. It can also come in really handy in determining if someone is lying about a visiting PR. We should NOT lynch zen. We should lynch OS.
And I support this, except we should lynch Ran

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Nich you're ridiculous. Once you see someone as scum, you look at everything they do and say as scum and ignore any evidence against that. You said you were trying to improve your play from now on, but you're still doing it.

I don't think my play says that I was trying to draw a doc protect at all. I explicitly stated multiple times during twilight that the doc should protect you.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Rajam why is it that you don't want to lynch Overswarm? You didn't say why you unvoted earlier. Or I might have missed it in your recent posts.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm not convinced this is entirely true, but unlike Nich this seems to make some sense I'll have to think about this.

Honestly I think between OS and Ran, Ran is the better lynch, OS at least is active and goes for lynch's. He's shown he's more town than Ran who will go against town actions and halfway ignore what is going on.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@rajam: people know you will attack them for moving towards NL, but they can easily just choose not to post and you wont ever know about it. Even then people just might not be able to post due to legit johns and that could cause NL too. If we go OS then its much less likely we NL as we dont need to get 7 people to change votes, we only need 4.

@ Nich: rethink zen just like you rethought me, keep his claim and my recent post on the matter in mind.

X1-12

Smash Champion
You aren't really joking though, pretty much everything you've said since mid D1 is based upon your scumread on me, did you ever even consider that you could be wrong about it? And I dont care if you make jokes about me being scum, I was just using your horrendous play as an example to Nich on how not to play this game.

Top Bottom