• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM: HQ (texture)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Alright, so
I'm taking a bit of a break on these textures... Certain life issues have come up, and I've been really depressed for the last few days. Don't want to continue on in this mode.

For those wanting these pre-Pound 5, PLEASE let me know. I don't want to lose track of when the date comes around. Leave a msg here or somethin when you all think the best time for a premature release would be, and I'll gladly share. =)
I was hoping to have alternate colors for everyone up and everything, but... again, not exactly doing so hot. That, and just in case people want to point out anything they want to see changed before I get comfy and recolor. ...Save the Pkmn. <_<

Rykard

Smash Ace
Steelia, your health is more important to us than any amount of textures you make for the community. I hope things turn around and get better :D

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah, take your time. We'll get it, and appreciate their beauty when it's done :)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Limited.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WAVG74DV

Sorry for taking so long to get these out. What I've made so far, including a few recolors.
Wish I could give my guarantee that all these work. I'm quite positive the Default colorations do for all the characters so far. Hopefully that works. :)

Note that most of these characters MAY change in the future (small detail adjustments; I plan on doing something with Mario...). But hang on to them if you want, it's fine by me.
Still got a bit to go, but I'm about halfway there... That's pretty encouraging.

Hope you guys enjoy the prerelease. And hope I wasn't too late with the package. XD

Pi

Smash Hero
Are you burning on a small disc like the gamecube discs?
no, big disc

uhhh, while i was replacing the textures...i accidentally hit yes to replace the file size, is this...okay?

it was on jiggles yellow, and i can't test it in dolphin cause i don't have a faux memory card or w/e so i don't have jiggs lol

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
whaaat. how do you go about to load burned GC games? I remember reading some forum saying playing burned GC games isn't possible.

Pi

Smash Hero
whaaat. how do you go about to load burned GC games? I remember reading some forum saying playing burned GC games isn't possible.
you need a backup launcher such as neogamma or the GC backup launcher
me and my friend both use the GC backup launcher

i'm not the person to ask about setting it all up though, mine only seems to load this one disc reliably, and every other disc it has trouble with

i wish someone would just post a pack with all the files you need to install a working GC backup launcher in one pack that you could put on your SD card ._.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
MuraRengan uploaded a pack on the 2nd post of the resource thread
GUIDE ON HOW TO BURN A TEXTURE HACKED COPY OF MELEE

Ok people, doing this is fairly simple, as long as you have homebrew already installed. If you don't, then you can install it and other necessary programs using this guide.

1.Setting Up Your Wii

Here we are going to get everything situated with the Wii before we go into making a disc.

1a. First of all, download this file: http://www.filefront.com/14433193/apps.rar
This file contains all the programs that need you will on your SD card in order to make GC-Backup launcher work.

1b.Take all the folders in the apps folder that you downloaded, and put them in the apps folder of your SD card. To be completely safe, move your original apps folder onto the computer and temporarilty put the downloaded apps folder onto the SD card. This isn't necessary, but it's a good idea for those who want to be completely safe.

1c. Now put the SD card in the Wii and load Homebrew. Run the MIOS patcher and the cIOS38 (the order doesn't matter, but both those programs need to have downloaded and installed their information onto the Wii.) The directions on how to download these things is pretty simple, just read everything the program says and act accordingly.

NOTE: These programs tend to **** up with connecting to the internet. If you have an issue, go to your connection settings, clear the connection, then set it up again and it should work.
NOTE: You'll need a GC controller.
NOTE: cIOS38 may ask you what cIOS you were running. I'm not sure how to tell what you're using, so I just took whatever the first option was.

Congrats, your Wii is now ready to play Backup GC games.

however it is missing the trucha bug restorer. i used IOS236

use this site http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha
it has the same things in the pack that MuraRengan uploaded and more

order
1.install homebrew and boot2
2.install IOS236 Installer v3 MOD (trucha bug [get this from this site])
3. Cios (get cIOS38rev 17 from this site)
4.Mios (get this from MuraRengan's pack)
5. then gc backup launcher

thanks to n0ne for helping we with this

Pi

Smash Hero
^thank you

sorry to steelia, i couldn't get my disc burned for pound...
i'll try to get things working for the future tournaments i attend though
hope you are still motivated to work on these textures, i really like them

if i can make a request, i would like one done of blue samus & roy

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
is this project dead?
Alright, so
I'm taking a bit of a break on these textures... Certain life issues have come up, and I've been really depressed for the last few days. Don't want to continue on in this mode.
If you bothered reading the last 15 posts in the thread, you wouldn't sound like an impatient, greedy jerk. Just saying.

Pi

Smash Hero
If you bothered reading the last 15 posts in the thread, you wouldn't sound like an impatient, greedy jerk. Just saying.
i didnt get that impression

ps i finally got the disc burnt, all your textures loaded fine, we didn't like go through and play matches w/ all of them but i was able to start matches w/ all of them and my game didn't freeze at all except for when i tried to pres a to fast after the intro menu

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
i didnt get that impression

ps i finally got the disc burnt, all your textures loaded fine, we didn't like go through and play matches w/ all of them but i was able to start matches w/ all of them and my game didn't freeze at all except for when i tried to pres a to fast after the intro menu

nice. i wanna wait til its perfected before i burn a copy

Acryte

Smash Ace
this project looks great, can't wait till it's completed. Keep up the awesome work when you can dude, hope life is sortin itself out for you

crush

Smash Master
MuraRengan uploaded a pack on the 2nd post of the resource thread

however it is missing the trucha bug restorer. i used IOS236

use this site http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha
it has the same things in the pack that MuraRengan uploaded and more

order
1.install homebrew and boot2
2.install IOS236 Installer v3 MOD (trucha bug [get this from this site])
3. Cios (get cIOS38rev 17 from this site)
4.Mios (get this from MuraRengan's pack)
5. then gc backup launcher

thanks to n0ne for helping we with this
Does this work for 4.3 wiis?

:phone:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Really, REALLY sorry for not getting around to posting anything. After recovering from a certain depression crisis, I literally stacked weeks' worth of online homework that I HAD to get done.

Just now finished two exams, just need the last one this coming Monday, and I'll be free for a good while. There are still some things I need sorted out with classes, but those should be very minor compared to everything else that's been going on.
Whoo.

This is far from a dead project, but I just had other priorities to attend to. Hasn't been a time where I haven't thought on how to improve on the characters, and what styles I'd be using... I'm excited to get back into it again. [:

Rykard

Smash Ace
good to know you are doing better steelia. we missed you a lot. obviously, you had more important stuff to attend to and we all are happy for you

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, there are people out there who have things they need to do in the real world. Schooling is just one of those examples.

Anyway, welcome back.

Forgotten Soul

Smash Rookie
Are you able to change voice files? you need to change luigi's, i don't like the idea of a high pitched mario

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Really, REALLY sorry for not getting around to posting anything. After recovering from a certain depression crisis, I literally stacked weeks' worth of online homework that I HAD to get done.

Just now finished two exams, just need the last one this coming Monday, and I'll be free for a good while. There are still some things I need sorted out with classes, but those should be very minor compared to everything else that's been going on.
Whoo.

This is far from a dead project, but I just had other priorities to attend to. Hasn't been a time where I haven't thought on how to improve on the characters, and what styles I'd be using... I'm excited to get back into it again. [:
He comes back to tell us that he's ready to work on it, and then it's the last thing we heard from him again :(

Who has the ability of reviving this project?

Pi

Smash Hero
i got my hacked melee working again and would like to incorporate a full set of these textures ;p
hope steelia feels motivated to complete these again haha

Top Bottom