• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
oh noice, new guys are always cool.

random question about matchups for people who know what they're talking about: who do you think has an easier time against marth - fox or falco?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Yo, seems like im a weekend late but im gonna be in Brisbane from the 2nd to the 9th with time to kill, so if anyone wants to get down pretty interested in checking out SF:AE since we dont have a cabinet here, since there are no arcades, but mostly interested in playing some Melee & MvC.
Hit me up dude.

Im up for some melee if it fits around my work hours of 2pm-10pm.

Good Bloke.

Sounds goood Dif.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah ill do some blazblue and maybe some ssf4 as well.. might as well... casual XD

i would say fox has an slightly easier time. even then its pretty stage dependent.
also depends on what aspect u r struggling with the mu...
go for those shine spikes XD\

also dif u busy tomorrow? ill be northside in the morning.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't be ****ed going to smashplay. I was in northern nsw and the weather was sensational so went to the beach instead. I'm keen for that melee meet.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I'm pretty keen too, might try and come to it. gonna be a pain in the *** to get to.

btw dif i live about 30 mins away from helensvale and like i said i usually go to pick up ryan which adds another 30 mins to the trip, hence the (roughly) 2 hours.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
if you don't pick up ryan then it's only 1 and a half hours to the venue =D

tbh i take that much travel time every day just to go to uni (and then the same to get back). that's not that bad for smash.

maybe i could give some sort of added incentive for GC players? i'll consider covering the venue fee of any GC players that turn up for the first one.

Remastered

Smash Lord
A quick shout:

Bob: Good to see you again mate. Need more rob and yoshi at meets. Always a good bloke.
Arrow: Spin to win! Good tourney matches and lols at Blade strategy in doubles. Good times after tourney too.
R4VEN: Wish you weren't so busy all the time. Always epic samus v weegee matches. Congrats on new career prospects and all the best with it. Don't forget to send me that guys number so we can intro him to the smash scene ;)
Toki: What a champ, sorry to make you sick on your 18th lol. Better off somewhere like my place anyways haha. Still need to work out what to do against Marth. MK? lol
Jbirds: Good bloke. I want more friendlies and need games against your Snake and MK. Has helped me massively since Tpoo match.
Cal: Hope you got home alright, good yugioh after tourney match. DK is tough, but I'll try to learn the MU for if and when we ever play a tourney set.
Vyse: Enjoyed the friendlies,and I like the new idea for tourney character choices. Definitely something that can be developed on I think.
Tiahn: I was pretty impressed with your match against Arrow, even though you lost. Take your time a bit more and don't fall for silly things.
Pop: GnW is getting there, I would suggest studying his frame data a bit better and you will get the hang of what moves to use and what will connect when it needs too. Ask Jaice to sit down with you at the next tourney and he will run through some things with you. Keep at it ;)
Testi: Stop playing MvC3 and play more Marth. Sorry about my loud *** sister. MM next time, my fox your Marth in quieter conditions.
Blade: Good work in doubles mate, you are getting better. Remember what I said about spacing, and only getting a hit in when you need to and when you can safely. Check out the character discussions on here to learn some new tricks too.
Sea: Good Beach Weather?
Jaice: Too Good.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
At next melee tourney how would you feel about having that Ateyo ruleset or w/e its called wer you pick 3 characters and play a different character in each match. 1st round is a double blind then you counter pick stages and chars as normal. No character restrictions except you cant pick the same person twice. Unless its a Bo5 wer u can pick a character again if you lose with them. It would def tighten up the PR.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Does anyone have the full results to post?
Will soon mate. The results are on my laptop.

---

SPV Results

Brawl Doubles

1: The real housewives of Queensland (Kaion + Jaice)
2: Mother & Son TTTKA (Tiahn + Toki)
3: Taken (tigerDORF + Arrow)
4: Jesus Penis (Popdart + Dif)
5: S&M (AD3PT + Blade)
5: Chaingrabbing in my room (Cal + Vyse)
7: Supa Gee Gee Gee (Syke + J-Birds)

Brawl Singles - Im not sure this is right, the bracket wasnt completely saved : /

1: Jaice
2: J-Birds
3: Toki
4: Hotdog
5: Matt
5: Kaion
7: Arrow
7: NinjaNinja
9: Vyse
9: Testikils
9: Syke
9: Cal
13: Dif
13: Bob
13: Popdart
13: ShadowBlade

Matt, where did you place?

Melee Doubles

1: ***** **** (Dif + J-Birds)
2: Tiger Distraction (tigerDORF + Arrow)
3: 5 Condoms and a Cake (Toki + Cal)
4: JaM (Jaice + ADEPT)
5: Shadows of Arcadia (ShadowBlade + Vyse)
5: Mayor of Earth (Haggar + Haggar (Testi + Sieg))

Melee Singles

1: Syke
2: Dif
3: J-Birds
4: Arrow
5: Bob
5: Vyse
7: Cal
7: Hotdog
9: NinjaNinja
9: Toki
11: Popdart

---

Ill reply soon matt.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Hotdog was 4, I was 5 with Kaion :)

Arrow and Tiahn didn't finish on par either as Arrow knocked her out and Tiahn knocked syke out.

Arrow 7
Tiahn 9
Syke 13

Or something like that

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Swapped you and Scott.

Arrow played you at the same time Tiahn would have played against Kaion (Consequently, they both lost at the same time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom