• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I have videos! Apparently!

I recommend all the Peaches look at this thread to see if they got stuff recorded.

Pools
Pwii (MetaKnight) vs Meno (Peach)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5KOBLjjKQI

Meno (Peach) vs ChiboSempai (R.O.B.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPjT6kjZe9E

Meno (MetaKnight) vs Hot$ (Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxiS9REY0mY

Iliad (Marth) vs Meno (Peach)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtZUqAbBDfs

Amateur Bracket
Meno (Peach) vs Poyo (MetaKnight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHdiGrA2gfs

MM
Meno (Peach) vs Coney (King Dedede)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMgFSGurzOw

"What is this? What is this sorcery?"

Hahahahahaha. This is why I play.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
MENO.

DUN PEACH BOMBER TO "momentum cancel".

Peach bomber and UpB give you a boost and it'll end up killing you.

I love your B sticking. I wanna pick it up to learn.

:peach:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I don't momentum cancel with Peach Bomber.

Give me some credit.

If I get hit light enough, I use it to go high enough so I can avoid the ledge better. I think I died one time though due to a miscalculation...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol figures, out of all the matches I played, the only thing that gets recorded is me getting my *** handed to me by Anti. xD

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I don't momentum cancel with Peach Bomber.

Give me some credit.

If I get hit light enough, I use it to go high enough so I can avoid the ledge better. I think I died one time though due to a miscalculation...
I always give you lots of credit, but you ignore me. :3

But yeh, I really just love the way you play in general.

btw, I love you manipulation of Pictochat.

:dk2:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I Had some matches recorded:

Kojin (MetaKnight) vs Dark Peach (Peach)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No-N6dc84l8

Dark Pch (Peach) vs Ch33s3 (MetaKnight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78hsxbnQtIA

Dark Peach (Peach) vs Lie (Diddy Kong)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsLeP6IkvmY

Dark Peach (Peach) vs Coney (King Dedede)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTyT5ZemIOk

Dark Peach (Peach) vs NickRiddle (Zero Suit Samus)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej4IDcEliAg

Dark Peach (Peach) vs Smirf (MetaKnight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O31pr9TYrY

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Very true, but we also have a much easier time KOing metaknight than snake

And metaknight can't KO us as early as Snake

And metaknight doesn't have broken, disjointed tilts and aerials that last forever (except maybe uair and fair but snake has it on ALL of his aerials)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Uh, once you are off the stage with Meta, that can be your stock. Meta Knight edguards you better than snake. Snake you can pressure and keep at bay. He has no air game. And if you get him in the air, its **** time. You also have a easier time grabbing a snake then you would meta. You need to stop worrying so much what you can't do and what you can do. Cause this is not gonna help you win. Snake has like one move that is gonna kill you off the top with. Upair is random and not fast so not adding that. everything else is from the sides where Peach is good with DIing.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Very true, but we also have a much easier time KOing metaknight than snake

And metaknight can't KO us as early as Snake

And metaknight doesn't have broken, disjointed tilts and aerials that last forever (except maybe uair and fair but snake has it on ALL of his aerials)

Yeah, Metaknight has the ability to gimp anyone in the cast at 30%. He takes stocks much quicker than Snake, and it can actually take a while for Snake to land his kill moves on Peach.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I am infinitely more comfortable fighting Metaknight with Peach than Snake. You gotta be careful to not be gimped by MK at 30% haha.

I guess I will have to practice the Snake matchup and play it better

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm of the same opinion as Lance. I know both matchups but Metaknight is by far more comfortable than Snake is. I can't stand getting killed early if I misspace anything on him, and he just doesn't die. Even a good u-smash read can be interrupted by a nade. It's really annoying, lol.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
snake isn't too bad coz he can't move and he gets juggled for days.

he has gay traps and hitboxes but you can definitely get away from all of it for sure.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Snake doesn't get juggled for days by Peach that's the problem.

He has a ridiculous B-reversal. Her uair can't get him. The only "JUGGLING" I can get is maybe floating a nair and following him down.

His skinny frame makes it hard to uair string him too. But I did notice you can uair string out of a dthrow chain grab.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Snake doesn't get juggled for days by Peach that's the problem.

He has a ridiculous B-reversal. Her uair can't get him. The only "JUGGLING" I can get is maybe floating a nair and following him down.

His skinny frame makes it hard to uair string him too. But I did notice you can uair string out of a dthrow chain grab.
His hitframe is definitely not skinny. ;o

Snake does get juggled hard by Peach but you have to keep in mind that it isn't A FREE 100% DAIRNAIRUAIR COMBO situation. He can do all of those things, but remember he won't be positioning himself amazingly: as Raz said, Peach has some nasty frametraps.

If only his nades weren't so stupid... ><

:053:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm of the same opinion as Lance. I know both matchups but Metaknight is by far more comfortable than Snake is. I can't stand getting killed early if I misspace anything on him, and he just doesn't die. Even a good u-smash read can be interrupted by a nade. It's really annoying, lol.
I am infinitely more comfortable fighting Metaknight with Peach than Snake. You gotta be careful to not be gimped by MK at 30% haha.

I guess I will have to practice the Snake matchup and play it better
See that. That is a personal problem or settling. Not something that has to do with the character.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I not be surprised if she did. But ether way I stand by what I say. You can all think what you want. Ain't bothering me. I'm just chillen.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
It's all about preference, but when it comes down to it, Snake is the easier matchup by far.

Even though he lives for a long time, has broken moves that kill way early, and stupid traps - Peach can counter a lot of this with a good keep away game/ float game. Peach combos the **** out of Snake, even at high percents. Her edgeguards against him are a lot easier to pull off compared to Meta Knight. He will rack on a crap load of percent just trying to land on the stage.

MK is way harder to edge guard. Even though he is light and dies earlier, he has a moveset that is undoubtedly broken and with good DI and momentum cancelling, can live for a long time. His air game beats ours, which makes it harder for us to fight him in the air, which makes us grounded more, which is also hard because MK has a beast ground game too. Snake doesn't have as good of an air game, but it's not nonexistent. He can kill us super early if we are spacing poorly and he will bair us in the face or back of the head :p, but we gain more by floating in the Snake matchup than the MK matchup.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
vinnie :peach: vs will :dk2: :metaknight:

16:48 starts the dk matches.
Super good Peach. I can tell that you are a very smart player and know how to predict character movement and get strong reads because you main Game and Watch.

Your Peach seems very stiff, but super creative - I don't know, it's weird lol. You usually use the best move in the appropriate situation, but I don't really know if you truly understand the way the character flows. For example - game two against Will's Metaknight you got trashed, and there were alot of situations where you could have punished him and made it back to the stage - It's probably just because you use Peach as a secondary at the moment. You rarely use float, but for some reason it is a positive attribute. You rarely use Peach bomber - which is good, and you don't hit shield alot. You use alot of feints to fake your opponent out, which helps alot. Your use of uair is superb, probably one of the best I've ever seen, as well as your dsmash.

You have a serious problem of being in the air trying to make it back to the stage - the Metaknight would punish you super hard for it. Just try different things out, or use the character more I guess. You're like a sitting duck lol.

Vinnie's Peach

Pros:

-Amazing use of Upsmash
-Great Reads
-Amazing Ground Game
-Good Ledge Game (both getting on and getting off)
-Best uAir Peach
-Strong Turnip Game
-Does not have trouble killing
-Superb Grab Game
-Good Jabs
-Uses moves in appropriate situations, rarely uses "laggy" moves.

Cons:

-Very minimal use of Dair
-Dies quickly
-Gets stringed easily
-Poor aerial (recovering) game.
-Minimal use of OoS nair, bair, etc
-Needs to punish more often

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
yea vinnie plays pretty smartly.

hmm...

needs moar dash atk (punishes)

needs moar walking (like when ya know ur gonna shield something for sure just to cut out the dash/foxtrot lag before u can shield).

uhh and idk, just be more careful when you're recovering. try not to burn your double jump/toad bounce/float so quickly. gotta go super high or super low. try not to let yourself get frametrapped on purpose trying to get back onstage (airdodging bair b/c u know uair will put u back on). u can avoid all that. just toy w/ your options and your DI'ing around coz i know you can take less dmg offstage coz you keep di'ing into the stage as if peach is rly that helpless in the air. so yah keep it up n stuff ;o

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Vinnie, I just want to say that I really like your Peach.

You should be proud that I actually watched all 30 minutes of your video, because that is something very hard to do when it comes to watching Brawl matches. I mostly watch Melee videos (Armada baby!) because Brawl videos bore me to death, but I still watch them from time to time.

I think it's obvious that you're not a Peach main, but you are still very proficient with her and I definitely learned a few things from watching you play as Peach. Great use of up air and upsmash!! I have been working on some new things and this gave me some inspiration.

Your technical ability with Peach is pretty nice.

I learned more about the DK matchup too.

Although your Peach is not without flaws (like all of us), you still worked it hard and covered them up with great reads and observations, as well as good execution.

Keep it up!! Look forward to meeting you at WHOBO :)

Vinnie

Smash Master
Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate all this! It's helping me improve =O thanks for all the props too!

I'll recover more smartly and I'll take into consideration that I need more dash attack (and for punishes too, it's indeed a really great move).

Nicole

Smash Champion
yeah i think snake is harder than mk in alot of ways

sure mk gays you alot but with snake you almost always have a close match with him and you almost always lose. you get hit with 3 jab/ftilt things and you're ready to die to utilt, bair, nair, c4, claymore, etc etc. there is so much to avoid, you have to hit him a million times (which you can) but you STILL can't kill him. you have to be aggressive enough to actually deal damage to him but cautious enough to take minimal damage. even our usmash wont kill him before 130ish.

and mk, well, he can actually die. one good usmash read at around 85 will seal the deal there (and you should be able to win the match with that). and you really dont even need that to win. mk has so many options that he can typically be baited into doing the wrong one. the only thing that MIGHT make mk harder than snake is his ability to gimp peach, but i dont think that makes up for all of the stuff that snake brings to the table. (not to mention that snake can gimp peach with his bair and it actually kills)

(sorry i was late for this dicussino)

Top Bottom