• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I liked the part on love in 2. I think I might have liked 1 more than 3.

But they're all really good. It's hard for me to order them because there's a lot of good stuff in all of them.

D

Deleted member

i had no idea those reviews were that well-known. small world i guess.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
His ep 2 might be his strongest since Attack of the Clones was the worst of the three and he gave it what it had coming. Hayden Christiansen is the worst actor and he destroyed him. The part about why Yoda fighting like that is all wrong (although Roger Ebert was the first to point that out) is great, and the end of the review when he juxtaposes the footage of the new star wars with the old ones is just perfect. Showing scenes from eps 4, 5, and 6 alongside scenes from 1, 2, 3 says more than words ever could.

George Lucas should have been beaten with a tire iron at some point in the last decade.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
His ep 2 might be his strongest since Attack of the Clones was the worst of the three and he gave it what it had coming. Hayden Christiansen is the worst actor and he destroyed him. The part about why Yoda fighting like that is all wrong (although Roger Ebert was the first to point that out) is great, and the end of the review when he juxtaposes the footage of the new star wars with the old ones is just perfect. Showing scenes from eps 4, 5, and 6 alongside scenes from 1, 2, 3 says more than words ever could.

George Lucas should have been beaten with a tire iron at some point in the last decade.
Roger Ebert also gave ep 3 3.5 stars, *whistles and strolls away*

He also specifically says that Hayden Christiansen isn't that bad of an actor and that he was just dealing with some of the worst dialog ever written.

so uh... falcon sucks, Falco ***** him.

otg

Smash Master
I liked the part on love in 2.
Agreed, that was absolutely brilliant.

Yep.

WTF DO YOU THINK THIS IS? A WEBSITE TO DISCUSS NINTENDO CHARACTERS OR SOMETHING?!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Roger Ebert also gave ep 3 3.5 stars, *whistles and strolls away*

He also specifically says that Hayden Christiansen isn't that bad of an actor and that he was just dealing with some of the worst dialog ever written.

*ahem* He admitted to being wrong and RedLetterMedia guy had his quote of this on his website right next to the ep 3 review and said, "Bless you Roger Ebert". Shows you how much he respects him :)

Now it could be true that Christiansen just happened to be horrible because of Lucas' atrocious excuse for dialouge and his total lack of guidance, but I'll never know. I haven't seen that guy in any other movies nor will I ever.

ALSO I totally forgot to ask you Wes, but remember when you came over to my place like a year ago and we smashed and you recorded? DO you still have any of that footage, there was one amazing combo I did I'd like to see again. It was on Dreamland and it started on the top platform/

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Well, Redlettermedia was the first one to point out how ****ing awful Episode 3 was, so I guess we'll call it even.

And I was just pointing out that while I agree that Christiansen sucked horribly in those movies, RLM focused on trashing Lucas, not Christiansen and specifically decided not to. So you're just straight up lying when you said he destroyed Christiansen, lol.

Anyway, my favorite part of all the reviews is in the first one when he asks people to describe Star Wars characters to a friend who knows nothing about Star Wars without describing their profession or role in the movies. That **** had me dying when I first heard it. But as I watch/listen them more and more, random crap just makes me crack up. Scar and I randomly quote that **** all the time when we talk and pretty much all of it's gold.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah, I bet you do *******

Vist and I quote it all the time as well. It's actually nuts, I don't think we've had a conversation that hasn't had a quote from him in it in the past year LOL

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I have to go to court, I accidentally ran over a korean family with my van

miami viiiiiiiiiiice?

also I think you missed my question: remember when you came over to my place like a year ago and we smashed and you recorded? DO you still have any of that footage, there was one amazing combo I did I'd like to see again. It was on Dreamland and it started on the top platform/

Mizar

Smash Ace
soooo i guess im the only one that hasnt seen not more than 1 Starwars movie and thinks that it all sucks ***? overhyped imo

i'm also dreaming of a combo thats probably impossible
darkrain did fulljump dair->knee right? what if the knee is an inverse bair and you combo it into something else? the guy getting ***** has to miss a tech (or tech in place?) for it to work, maybe also uber DI inward

i dunno just looks **** in my head lol

Scar

#HarveyDent
sounds like it would work, but probably wouldn't be as cool as you want it to be

i've always wanted to combo nipple spike to knee offstage, i'm not sure it's possible though

D

Deleted member

seriously though, you had that match. oh well.

I played PP and did exactly as good/bad as you did, and for the same reasons.

>_>

Scar

#HarveyDent
well in honesty, if you didn't tell me to stop throwing moves around i would have gotten 3 stocked again

i still have much to learn

Mokumo

Smash Ace
So Reverse-B-Air/Knee and Nipple Spike are all done by hitting near/at C.F'S chest?
hitting with the chest/the opposite elbow is crucial for getting contact with the reverse bair in general.

whether you do a knee/nipple spike depends on their DI, their %, what timing of the dair you hit them with (strong/weak), and the way you double jump to your dair/knee after the bair (if you even choose to do so).

so i watched the episode 1 review after i read about it on this thread, and it was actually really funny. episode 2 was definitely one of the worst movies of all time so i'll be watching that review as well.

i would like to say, however, that the original star wars - a new hope, the empire strikes back, and return of the jedi - are three of my favorite movies and IMHO some of the greatest and most influential movies of all time.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
What's up with Falcon mains not playing with other chars? Never seen Darkrain, Scar, SS nor Hax's alt char. Atleast not at tourneys, haven't looked much but still. Is it really required to focus all of your smashing time playing as Falcon in order to be good with him? :p

It seems as if everyone has an alt 'xept for Falcon mains

Correct me if I'm wrong :) (Video would be sweet!)

Talking about top Falcons btw, dont know much about others

Tomacawk

Smash Master
darkrain has a good fox he has used in tournament before
I think the main reason is that falcon doesn't really have any bad matchups that he isn't used to. Falcon players play against the top tier all the time and it's all downhill from there
so basically falcon players have no secondary because anybody dumb enough to play falcon would be even dumber to practice any non falcon character when it isn't necessary. They've already taken the commitment to deal with bad matchups

Also, I think falcon does really good against everybody.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's pretty common for top level players to concentrate on one character in tournament ... I don't know why you think this is weird <_<

Falcon is a character that requires dedication in tournament to get anywhere because everyone knows how to play against him (well, everyone in the US anyways)
Unless you're Mango I guess ...

Veetaak

Smash Lord
It's not weird at all, and I wasn't just speaking of tourneys although I would refrase myself now that I think of it. It's just something I've noticed. Would be fun for me to see the mind of an awesome Falcon main within another character and maybe see some weird combos.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Im pretty sure any top players has put an insane amount of time to get really good. How can you hope to be good without any effort at all?

Basically just swallow your frustrations and any bull**** and keep going no matter what. =P

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
im dumb cuz i fail with falcon AND marth lololol

also, the music to the original star wars trilogy ranks high among the greatest movie scores of all time imo. i wrote my extended essay on the scores. theyre pretty ****ing great.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
That's cause John Williams is the man

Also, you rarely see us Falcon mains use anyone else cause they're BORING, to me anyway. Using Falcon is so addictive, I get so ****ing bored when I switch to another character so I stopped doing that long ago. I never get bored of Falcon, so I never change.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Episode I is great in that "this movie is so bad its awesome" kinda way where theres just tons of hilarious lines and dialogue. My firends and I always quote many parts of that movie because they are awesome to throw in conversations. Also, Duel of the Fates > you.

Im sure everyone has that guily pleasure movie thats so bad yet so good. Episode I hits it for me lololol

i can't play falcon for s**t so i have nothing to add regarding reverse bair. i just come here cuz falcon players are cool dudes

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
hax said it best.

Falcon is right on the edge of tourney viability. If you play anyone better than falcon, you'll get better results and not play falcon AND playing anyone worse than falcon is just dumb cause you wont do well.

Top Bottom