• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy War for the Survival of Our Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlecow

Play to Win
DISCLAIMER: Any attempts to move this thread to the social thread or close it will be met with Gonorrhea. SEVERE Gonorrhea. It represents a sincere discussion of an issue closely related to the Meta-metagame of ssb 64.

Greetings, fellow smashers. I have spent a good deal of time recently pondering the continued survival of our community, and have come to the conclusion that one thing and one thing only is preventing Smash 64 from becoming the predominant pastime the world over:

Marriage.

That's right, marriage. Thus far, we have lost three smashers that we know of to this institution. To the best of my knowledge, Dylan_Tnga, Marioreincarnate and (this guy's somewhat less well-known, but most of you ought to remember him) Unholyweapon have been married, and shortly thereafter stopped playing, more or less. No-one that I know of who still plays seriously is happily wed. Marriage, therefore, is a disease that has a 100% fatality rate. How many smashers or potential smashers that we don't know of have been lost to marriage? Well, assuming that only dudes play smash (this is the case) there are at least a million married dudes in the world. Since about 1% of the people I know play smash, we'll say that one out of a hundred of those people would play smash if not for their marriages. That leaves us with TEN THOUSAND smashers lost to marriage. That's right. Our community would be huge; larger, in terms of dedicated, competitive smashers, than Brawl's.

How can we fix this? I'm glad you asked. First off, we'll all take a sacred pledge never to get married. In fact, just to be on the safe side, we'll promise to never have sex. Any of us. Ever. Not even with other guys (looking at you, Kuz). With our celibate legion of smash, we will then go on to destroy the sacrament of marriage. How? Simple. We in America know that if we allow Gay marriage, we'll be on our way down a slippery slope that will lead to the word "marriage" becoming devoid of all real meaning, a toothless dog that will no longer be able to hurt innocent Smashers. So, we here on smashboards need to take whatever steps are necessary to make sure that Gays receive the right to marry. This may be difficult for those of us who routinely call each other "******s" and use "Gay" as a synonym for "lame," but that's actually our strength- we'll be the first chapter of a new movement- HGM (Homophobes for Gay Marriage). Soon enough, our community will be blossoming once more, and we'll enter a utopian golden age of Super Smash Brothers innovation and play.

Your prophet and leader,

Battlecow.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
It amazes me the amount of time you put into such messages.
IRREGARDLESS, considering I am homosexual I DISAGREE to this message.

tacos

Smash Journeyman
How can we fix this? I'm glad you asked. First off, we'll all take a sacred pledge never to get married. In fact, just to be on the safe side, we'll promise to never have sex.
Battlecow = the new hammerheart?

I won't pledge getting married or having sex, but what I will pledge is that I will never stop playing n64 till I die.
I am pretty sure dis will get moved to the social thread:embarrass:
nice grammar btw had to look up some of those big words.
I am gonna get buried with my n64 and smash game

dock

Smash Rookie
Now, now. You have made obvious the problem, and there is only one solution.
One solution alone.

Have sex. Get married. Go out there, live life. Live it up, like it was meant to be lived, and when life gets you down, always remember that you have your Nintendo 64 controller waiting for you at the end of the day.

Such is balance.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Well it's quite simple. To be heterosexual you just have an intrinsic desire of the opposite gender. You can't explain it, you just do. It's the same with being gay. You can't explain why you like people of the same gender but that's just how it is.

Zell~D

Smash Cadet
Well it's quite simple. To be heterosexual you just have an intrinsic desire of the opposite gender. You can't explain it, you just do. It's the same with being gay. You can't explain why you like people of the same gender but that's just how it is.
im so glad i cant understand what you said

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
You like girls for no reason at all. I like males for no reason at all. ALL GOOD?

Zell~D

Smash Cadet
You like girls for no reason at all. I like males for no reason at all. ALL GOOD?
i like girls for a lot of things...not to mention some *****

but getting a **** infested penis in your *** floats your boat then i cant complain

Peek~

Smash Lord
Thread started out amazing

Now...confirmed for "moved to social"/"closed"

):

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
There is no way this thread wasn't destined to be in the Social Thread anyway.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
eh, i think its destiny is a stern ending message from a mod, not necessary a 64 section mod, followed by locking

if a 64 mod closes it there will be no message, though there may be one now, purely to prove me wrong

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
In Texas the idea that someone is gay is unfathomable. =P
so if I'm standing on the boarder of texas, and I starting thinking about the possibility of being gay...... then I step into texas..... can I finish my thought, or does it just becomes a jumble of words and colors until I step out of texas again? lol. I think the texan is just egging you on. People FROM texas can understand how people can be gay........ i would hope atleast. w/e. lol.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I apologise for my lame/erratic posts as of late. I have nothing else to do in between Uni classes so I had to try to create fun for myself somehow =P.

Anyways I'll stop.
And for the record I am not gay =3

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
I apologise for my lame/erratic posts as of late. I have nothing else to do in between Uni classes so I had to try to create fun for myself somehow =P.

Anyways I'll stop.
And for the record I am not gay =3
Wow, I think you're pretty gay after all of that.

Do I mean happy or homosexual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom