• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Lets help armada" Fund!

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Hey guys its Snap here, recently there was a large tournament in our nations capital called *Pound* 5. Europes best player, Adam "Armada" Lindgreen came here for this tournament with our help with something called the good player fund. It paid for his plane ticket and he came to our country just trying to play some smash bros. "The good player fund" However, did not pay for any of the things he needed while here (Food etc). But this was not a problem for him at the time, He went on to place second at the tournament, and put on one hell of a show vs hungrybox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8twwXHDIVBc

Aramda played with a passion and a love for this game that I have never seen in anyone, and he won the set vs hbox 2-0. Even Americans were cheering him on as he fought against Juan. (whether it was a love for low tiers or a hate for puff or a combination of both i do not know)

I had a chance to speak to armada shortly after the tournament with my good friend Doctor PeePee and he talked to PP about coming to Switzerland and playing smash with him and his friends and playing some super PAL bros. We all laughed at the idea of PP trying to use falcos PAL dair. We asked Armada and all of Europe to eat with us and they did. We filled up buffalo wild wings and talked more, Aramada came off as a really nice guy to me. Very fun to talk to despite his English (Which has improved drastically since genesis)

But apparently since then things have taken a turn for the worse for Armada since then, Since he was under the impression he would be receiving Pound money shortly, he purchased his tickets for genesis with money that was borrowed from a friend, then after the **** storm that happened earlier today when plank announced there would not be an immediate payout (if there was one at all) due to financial troubles with the hotel and not enough people coming out for pound, His brother Aniolas made this post

Aniolas said:
I feel so bad for my brother. His flight ticket was paid with the good player fund (feel sorry for you guys who donated aswell), but the whole trip cost much more than just the flight. He thought he would get some money from this after he placed 1st in teams and 2nd in singles, so he borrowed money from a friend to buy flight tickets to Genesis 2. Now he has no money and he owes other people a lot of money.
Shortly after I contacted Armada on facebook and asked him how much he owed at that i really wanted to help. This was his response

Basically Armada needs our help because what happened here, at least, I feel, was not his fault at all. If Im the only one willing to donate thats fine, I just want armada to know that we, as a country are sorry that this misfortune befell him at one of our communities hands.

By no means is this a "Lets bash plank" Thread, I wish to keep that out of here as much as I possibly can, I just want to help Armada. Lets give the guy a reason to look forward to coming back!

The Paypal

Where going to be using aniolas's paypal again this time guys The email address is aniolas@gmail.com

Feel free to let the donations BEGIN :D

or if youd like to use NickyNyte's "International smash players fund"

Donate Here!

also this is only for people who feel like they should help armada, if you are not inclined to think so please do not post to complain about how this is unfair

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I feel as though other players have this exact problem.

why should armada be treated differently than others? shouldn't we start a "let's help everyone who didn't get paid" fund?

it sucks, I know, but are people really willing to give more to armada when, even if he takes 1st at genesis, he may not be ablse to pay off his debts to all the players that give to him now and gave to him before pound?

huMps

Smash Ace
So how much did he actually win at #5? Is he still that far in debt after receiving his winnings? I would probably help but I'm closing in a house at the moment.

That's right, real big boy stuff over here.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Armada lives in europe and i dont really see him being able to take legal action against plank as many other players are saying they are going to do, also armada got 2nd in singles, and first in teams.

Not exactly sure how much money he SHOULD have received from plank.

I just feel like Armada was our guest more so then most and we should treat him as such.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
All the players who should have won money at pound5 should benefit from this fund.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I really think if plank would have paid the winners and used a credit card on the hotel, if a thread was made to help plank people would have been all about it...

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
So I'm going to say this before it gets out of hand.

I do not want this thread to devolve into what Plank could, or should have done.

I understand if many of you are upset but for the sake of the thread do NOT talk about it. Flaming will be infracted when I see it.

Armada - As a member of the MeIee community I'm sorry for what happened. You don't deserve the financial burden at all and I hope we can help.

Wake

Smash Master
Yeah it sucks. I dunno about anyone else who donated to Armada's "good player fund," but I donated to see him play... not to get paid back. I would donate some to a "help Armada" sort of thing because this sucks. He came all the way over here, got 1st in teams and 2nd in singles, but didn't get any prize money. At the same time, it sucks for everyone who was supposed to get prize money...

and Humps, he didn't get prize money, was my understanding of the situation.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
So I'm going to say this before it gets out of hand.

I do not want this thread to devolve into what Plank could, or should have done.

I understand if many of you are upset but for the sake of the thread do NOT talk about it. Flaming will be infracted when I see it.

Armada - As a member of the MeIee community I'm sorry for what happened. You don't deserve the financial burden at all and I hope we can help.
This times 100

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I'm willing to help out. I'll speak with Armada and see what I can conjure up, Paypal wise. I do use ebay, but I think I can put the ebaying on hold for him.

If I get confirmation, Ill set up the fund.

-Ran

Smash Master
It's a nice gesture, but it isn't fair to everyone else that has been SOL over the years for money that wasn't paid.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Life isn't fair. So lets start making it fair.

(Also, since Armada was meant to recieve money, I think it's only fair.)

Wake

Smash Master
It isn't fair to give money to someone you want to give money to? Not sure I follow, honestly. I agree with the above post.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
This is not about me showing favoritism to armada for people who were not paid.

To the best of my knowledge armada cant do **** about not being paid money because he cant not use the american small claims court as many people are starting to claim they plan to do.

Thats all, think of how far he came. only to get **** on by a ****ty situation.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
It isn't fair to give money to someone you want to give money to? Not sure I follow, honestly. I agree with the above post.
you should want to give money to everyone

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Look if I had it my way everyone would get what they are owed but that isnt possible

You guys are looking past the obvious.

Wake

Smash Master
haha no thanks, if I could I would, but then I wouldn't have money for myself huh? ;). Fact is, Armada doesn't have many options after not getting his prize money and being from out of country. But sure, if there were some large fund for every player that didn't get paid, I would donate to that too. Snap is right in the above post.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Snap, ignore them.

Look, if yall want to help with the fund, please help.

If yer here to disprove the use of the fund and to criticize its existence, go somewhere else for that. Help or leave. Kindly, with as much politeness I can muster.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
@JpoBs see above post?
it doesn't matter. I'm all for helping armada but theres no reason to exclude the other players who got cheated out of money.
they all had to pay hundreds for plane tickets, hotel rooms, etc etc.

there should be a fund for everyone. like..why not?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I think the main difference is the fact that he got gyped out of money, compare to those who came, and lost, and took the hit for it. I don't mind there being an international players fund for that. I think I will change my account for that.

MRL is right tho, use his bro's account.

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
All of this is very unfortunate, but Armada was hit the hardest. Plus, I love his Peach.

Great idea. Would donate if I could.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Do not worry about it. We appreciate you coming to the US to play. Besides, we want you at Genesis anyway lol I can help you raise 600 dollars. Just let me know if I can.
I guees i have to say yes cause of my money situation.
If i would have a lot of money i would have been saying no but my situation is not like that =/.

But i don´t hope other people getting mad about this.
I readed the thread and some people don´t seems to like the idea.

But yeah my anwser is yes.
I would appreciate this so much =).
Is your brother's account able to accept the funds, or you'd rather have me do it? Either way is fine with me.
Either ways works for me =).
But i don´t think Aniolas have problem at all if we send the monye to him.

Use which one you prefer =).
I really appreciate this I can´t even find words =).
Hmm, I think I will handle the fund then. I think I wanna called the international players fund. Ill post your decision on the boards.

Awesome man =).

<3 this community

So guys, its up to you, Yall can send it to me via nicknyte@gmail.com or send it to aniolas@gmail.com.

I spoke to Armada about it, and he said either or is fine. Trust me, I am not going to steal your funds, it goes straight to Armada. Likewise, I'm changing the name of my account to the "International Players Fund" in lieu of this happening.

I understand that people have come thousands of miles to tournaments, and never rewarded back, and I agree it isn't fair, but why don't we do something about it now, instead of letting something like that continue. Let's change this. Link coming soon.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
we should just send it to aniolas account cuz it'll be easier lol. but still, y'all should donate =] im not gonna donate cuz im selfish and greedy, but I really love armada. if i could pay him in love, he would never have financial problems again. unfortunately this is the real world and such things are not yet possible =[

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
it doesn't matter. I'm all for helping armada but theres no reason to exclude the other players who got cheated out of money.
they all had to pay hundreds for plane tickets, hotel rooms, etc etc.

there should be a fund for everyone. like..why not?
if you want a fund for everyone you can do like snap did and make one for everyone. Until then you can donate to armada. Everything else in this thread would honestly be pretty irrelevant

Armada

Smash Lord
<3 Smash community =).

Im so thankful for this.
I really appreciate everything this community have done for me =).

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
if you want a fund for everyone you can do like snap did and make one for everyone. Until then you can donate to armada. Everything else in this thread would honestly be pretty irrelevant
Well, I did just create the International Smash Players fund, so, yea. This.

Top Bottom