• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

D

Deleted member

the idea is that you roll when the opponent thinks you are going to get up attack

also, it varies by situation like how they DI out of throws or how far they go from hits

if you smack them far away and they don't tech and they see you running really fast and jumping in with a knee good chance they will roll in

if ur opponents have crappy reaction speed or they are nervous rolling isn't bad either

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'm assuming get-up attacks are predictable but if you time it right shouldn't you win? .
If you've ever played in a tournament you should know that this is much easier said than done. standing up is fastest ( though not impossible). It's way to situational to really discuss though.

D

Deleted member

angling it up makes knockout a little bit better i think and could hit them barely quicker

darkrain ALWAYS angles up

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
the idea is that you roll when the opponent thinks you are going to get up attack

also, it varies by situation like how they DI out of throws or how far they go from hits

if you smack them far away and they don't tech and they see you running really fast and jumping in with a knee good chance they will roll in

if ur opponents have crappy reaction speed or they are nervous rolling isn't bad either
aahh I see. So get-up attacks are decent but rolling is to try and prevent tech-chasing?

D

Deleted member

aahh I see. So get-up attacks are decent but rolling is to try and prevent tech-chasing?
well

every option you do is to try and prevent tech chases

mixing it up is pretty much key unless you notice your opponent is abysmal at covering one option

a common noob one noobs suck at punishing is to do a regular get up and buffer roll

==

dam

darkrain is pretty much scar if he didn't kill himself twice a match/ no technical errors

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hmm.. I think Falcons should use angled downwards Ftilt more vs Jiggs for sure, I think it's good to shut down their ground approach sometimes. Though with Ganon I also use downtilt since the range of it is amazing but I'm not sure how viable it is with Falcon, it doesn't seem strong enough/has too much lag. Of course sometimes with some CC.. There's also a good strat I like to use at low %.. you CC aerial and then if Jiggs want to go behind you, you can grab them inside their lag.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I use daft in all matchups down, its too ****ing fast, and can shield poke. And as we all know, if you get shield poked, you dont make the tech.

Also, it doesnt matter what character is, if you play gay or patient enough, you can probably ****. Especially if your fair and bair rapeeeeeeeeee. Just have good spacing and you auto-beat anyone who doesnt camp like a ***.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
it also catches people that overshoot their up B by just a little bit and fail to sweetspot. so it leads to an easy ledgehog or a ledgehop -> reverse knee

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
actually reneblade, pretty much everybody ive seen try to camp cosmo out loses

falcon can dd camp zelda pretty well, but spaceys can do better while being aggressive i think, based on my experience and what ive seen of others fighting him

D

Deleted member

i hate dash dance camping, i'd rather n-air

i like dash dancing though after they tech in place, great if they get scared and roll then you get a free grab

against people like ganon/zelda I really believe you can just outpressure them like crazy using n-air

only top tier ganons will make it sorta hard but if you do it correctly they can't do much

Brookman

Smash Hero
their jumps and dash are way slower, so ya, crazy nair pressure with dash dancing is aight. Just dash in and out of zelda's fair/bair range till she jumps out then knee/grab the *****.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Nair for pres

I had a brief stint of playing Fox and it made my Falcon a lot faster apparently ... <_<
Every time I think I want to play Fox my Falcon instantly decides it'll get better ~_~

Pivot Bair without forward momentum loss is cool if you can alternate them
Also standing reverse Nair while staying in place is hard and I can't tell if it's practical but I feel like it is

*Training to be Hax with more Nairs*

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
This probably isn't the place to ask but I'll ask anyways. I noticed that Cosmo plays Zelda and Sheik and it got me wondering. During Losers Counterpick procedure or blink-picks would you have to say: I'm playing Sheik
or can you just say "I'm going to select Zelda" since you can't select Sheik. Idk
It's just a thought lol

mers

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure you don't have to declare. I mean, they're the same character, and you're just using an ability to switch. If you're forced to declare, you get into all kinds of complications about switching mid-match and such.

Also, if I declare Sheik, but forget to hold the button and start as Zelda, would I be penalized? That doesn't make sense either.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
at SMYM12, cosmo and matt r actually double blinded their game one, and cosmo literally said "zelda sheik"
***** knows how to cover options

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
99% sure dthrow knee on Marth is guaranteed for a very large range of percentages. Same for Peach. They're two of the easiest characters to dthrow knee.

Brookman

Smash Hero
You have to be fast to dash, jump and then knee. if any one part is too slow it will be easy for the other player to get out one way or another.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
i hate dash dance camping, i'd rather n-air

i like dash dancing though after they tech in place, great if they get scared and roll then you get a free grab

against people like ganon/zelda I really believe you can just outpressure them like crazy using n-air

only top tier ganons will make it sorta hard but if you do it correctly they can't do much
nair is ******** vs most if not all mid/low tiers D:

i beat nedech's dk by merely spacing it slightly outside his bair/grab range and occasionally going for pokes which would lead to uthrows that lead into uairs -> repeat

i think i only used those 3 moves + incredibly rare bairs/knees/stomps in the whole set

what im curious about is how well nair works vs pika
feels like his sucky range should get ***** by it but similarily to fox his usmash beats it and leads to hard punishes

how do you play that weird *** mu anyway

edit
pretty sure you can never knee marth from a dthrow if he does the maximum di down and away

uthrow is guaranteed to work though

Windrose

Smash Lord
nair is ******** vs most if not all mid/low tiers D:

pretty sure you can never knee marth from a dthrow if he does the maximum di down and away

uthrow is guaranteed to work though
d-throw to knee is guaranteed on marth from like around 90% and above.

u throw to knee is only guaranteed in like some narrow range between 50/60ish to 70/80ish percent.

(everyone i've asked gives slightly different numbers for the u-throw to knee percent range) but at least you know for sure if marth is 60%~70% it's for sure guaranteed.....

Brookman

Smash Hero
When ever you throw someone at higher percents just take* a suspenseful gasping breathe as you jump at them. It will scare them into survival DI and then you can up air > knee. **** works.

Windrose

Smash Lord
When ever you throw someone at higher percents just let out this suspenseful gasping breathe as you jump at them. It will scare them into survival DI and then you can up air > knee. **** works.
WHAT?!? LOL

out of game techniques.....

You remind me of a friend that looks at the opponent's controller to see how they will get back onto the stage from grabbing the ledge (roll, getup attack, wavedash on, jump, etc.)

Brookman

Smash Hero
It's ok, cause in reality you'll probably just be watching them SD.

I remember watching Taj IRL for the first time at pound 2. When he would grab people with mewtwo he'd always just turn and look at them as he was inputting his grab hits. hilarious intimidation.

D

Deleted member

me and hax think falcon beats pika

my style at least is pretty good vs pika even though i have no clue about the matchup

Brookman

Smash Hero
Just don't get up air'd or back thrown off stage and you should be good. Easier said than done maybe but I think it's true.

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
really s2j? you and hax think that?, i find it so hard to hit that little creature

hax also thinks falcon beats sheik so idk what to believe in anymore lol

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
really s2j? you and hax think that?, i find it so hard to hit that little creature

hax also thinks falcon beats sheik so idk what to believe in anymore lol
maybe its like that one guy said about Darkrain.

Hax doesn't think Falcon beats Sheik
Hax thinks Hax beats Sheik xD

Top Bottom