• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
JoWii, please don't desert your trolling. When you do, all the lesser trolls crawl out of from the rocks they were hiding under.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@T1mmy- Right?! It's terrible. It's so lame. I don't really care though.

Hey T1mmy, can we have a second and be real with each other.

How long have you played Brawl? What hi-mid to top level players do you play regularly? What was the last major tournament you went to? How often do you go to tournaments? Why do you try and undo what I try so hard to build?

I go in the Fox boards with my moderately decent Fox experience (Zzeton, Ozzz) , along with my experience maining both characters, and let them know what I have tried IRL, against actual Fox mains mid- to top-level, mid match in order to beat Foxes. I've played Foxes @ WHOBO spamming the tactics I preach in order to prove their effectiveness, regardless of whether I actually won solely dependant on those tactics. And you go in there with your frame data and comparisons trying to look at it from some theorycrafting standpoint like that's how a MU is played?

The problem with theorycrafting is that you can outline every situation, with all the possible situational options, but if the matchup is won by CGing someone to death, and how that person lands a CG, OR crouching until an approach, and coming out on top from that first approach, THEN IT DOESN'T MATTER ABOUT ANY OF THE OTHER THEORY AND DATA. Sure you can let it be known, but it doesn't predicate the difficulty of a MU.

If Fox/Kirby is solely dependent on how Fox approaches a crouched Kirby in order to gain the lead, then it doesn't matter who wins in the air or what tilt beats what smash. All that matters is how is Fox going to approach a crouched Kirby, and with what, and how Kirby is going to respond to the approach. Sure, if Fox gets the lead, we Kirbies need to know what options we have to regain a lead; or if Kirby gets a lead, you reset and go back to 'how is Fox going to approach...'. But spamming data doesn't help anyone.

If Fox gets the lead, you better hope you striked and banned FD, and strike SD or you'll have to bank of a hard read to regain the lead if Fox camps. But if you know how to gain the lead from the first approach exchange, where Kirby has the upperhand due to his higher damageoutput per exchange, then Fox is ****ed worse than Kirby is.

If you seriously tthink you'll lose the first exchange then mindgame an inhale.

Johnny Deadshot

Smash Rookie
Sup. I'm the new Kirby. I know how to play to win, and I've been playing this game since it came out.

I'll be around a bit while I read through stuff. Later.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I remember seeing T!mMy's Melee Kirby videos over and over and over again. They were so much fun to see. If I remember correctly, T!mMy was one of the first to play Brawl when they were doing a pre-release showing somewhere in Cali. I think...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
How long have you played Brawl? What hi-mid to top level players do you play regularly? What was the last major tournament you went to? How often do you go to tournaments? Why do you try and undo what I try so hard to build?
I first played Brawl in October 18 - 21, 2007. I couldn't start playing more regularly until the end of January 2008 when I got the Japanese release. I've been entering tournaments regularly since then, mostly along the length of the West Coast. I used to go to NorCal and SoCal at least once a month - quite a feat considering it's more than 1,000 miles round trip from here to San Fran and about double that to get to Los Angeles.

Aside from that, I go up to the Seattle area to play with Washington smashers (and sometimes West Canada). There are only a couple "hi-level" players I get to play with "regularly" and too many mid-level players to bother mentioning. I've pretty much played everyone good on the West Coast at this point and time, and even a good number of players from the East Coast. I could name-drop, but it's not necessary.

theorycraftingstuff
I actually loathe the run-of-the-mill theorycrafting because it usually boils down to pointless dribble. When writing detailed responses with forum posts, the best you can do is state facts and everything beyond that is personal opinions or playstyle. The truth of the matter is, in an actual match, you just do whatever works.

Here's what I do when I make posts:
I answer questions. I give advice. I state personal opinions. I just try to do my best.

If Fox/Kirby is solely dependent on how Fox approaches a crouched Kirby in order to gain the lead, then it doesn't matter who wins in the air or what tilt beats what smash.
Is this going to become a Fox vs Kirby discussion?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
i also read it as street fighter at first

I just came in here to say... your character's dashgrab is disjointed as ****.

good day
Coincidence????
Steam searches furries?

*gasp*

Who wouldn't have guessed?
lool epic post combo

does it still count as a jv4 if he hit nana?

i see evvvverythingggg

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Does it count as JV 4 if you hit Ness or Lucas, but then they heal back to 0%?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
What DOES JV stand for...?

Been hearing it for years without knowing what it stood for. I know WHAT it is but, yeah...
ssbwiki said:
JV X-Stocked

Another variation of this is called the JV X-Stock, which is when one player finishes off a person with 1-4 stock remaining but has 0% on that stock, thereby adding one stock to the total and calling it a "JV 2-5-stock." This terminology stems from the idea that if the player hadn't taken that one hit that killed him/her when he/she was at high percentage, the player would have won the battle with one extra stock. The term was created by the player JV, who used to call his 0% finishing wins a JV X-stock, where X represented the value of the remaining stock plus 1.
TL;DR version: it stands for "Junior Varsity."

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I just played a good amount of people that use Ice Climbers through the week finally. I have to say... I really don't like how you have to make sure they do a move for Kirby to attack, or make sure they defend a lot to make their shield smaller. It makes things frustrating to fight them because of the feared chain grabs. )=

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
So guys, question, how many of you play with rumble on? Personally, I play worse with it off... I just gotta feel my characters steps and reaction. Gotta feel that 1-on-1 bond thing going. :lol:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
A lot of players don't like rumble on because it distracts them. Some players like it on because it's a tactile part of the game. I don't change the settings for rumble and just play with whatever the game is set to.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So guys, question, how many of you play with rumble on? Personally, I play worse with it off... I just gotta feel my characters steps and reaction. Gotta feel that 1-on-1 bond thing going. :lol:
I honestly never notice it either way.

On a side note, in case you guys are interested, finally found an apartment and should hopefully move in Thursday if all goes well. So yeah, hopefully you guys should start seeing me around again starting next week.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
-__- It literally hurts to not rage and troll this chart and MK26.

Someone (Probably our data gnome T1mmy) decipher that chart and make it worth the 0s and 1s it's made of.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
There are lots of rows and columns with abbreviated headings and random values that I do not understand. My sleep-deprived brain dimly acknowledges that it should be comprehensible, and also that I have a Bio test to study for anyway and should not use time trying to figure anything out.
(Procrastination is my game though, so don't feel bad)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The 'Sakurai Angle'. XD

I've already 'translated' most of that info for you guys. The stuff that's unintelligible is the stuff that's not very practical for gamers, but for people who like to analyze things it could be considered 'fun' data.

BKB (BaseKnockBack) is a good example of this. For instance, looking at "Attack 11, BKB 8" it shows that all instances of HitBoxes have... well, very little base knockback at any given percent.

I think the format is exceptionally well done.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
The 'Sakurai Angle'. XD

I've already 'translated' most of that info for you guys.
What? Where?

t!MmY said:
The stuff that's unintelligible is the stuff that's not very practical for gamers, but for people who like to analyze things it could be considered 'fun' data.

BKB (BaseKnockBack) is a good example of this. For instance, looking at "Attack 11, BKB 8" it shows that all instances of HitBoxes have... well, very little base knockback at any given percent.

I think the format is exceptionally well done.
He's a troll, but he seems to know a lot about what he's talking about. Is the last sentence sarcastic or not...?

...****, I don't know what to believe anymore.

Top Bottom