• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Teh Future

Smash Master
Roy_R wasn't there for me to meatride :(

I asked a couple ppl who Future used and they all said IC's.
=(((( i didnt know who you were and I saw someone playing marth once and it was sebreik. So i stopped trying to find out if I ever saw a marth after that LOL.

but yeah everyone still thinks i use ics but im trying not to bc they are dum and boring

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I don't know a whole lot concerning anything other than 4th gen, 5th gen, and just a tiny bit about 2nd gen. I just hate how crappy it is in 5th gen, a lot of people accuse the Con-5thgen side that "you just dont like change", but its honestly not fun. Its too annoying trying to cover an *** ton of threats that are available in 5th gen. Then when you point out the better balance in 4th gen they tell me that 4th gen is full of stall. LOL.

The pokecommunity is filled with arrogant, new, un-knowledgeable, assumptious dumb ***** that have ruined the competitive scene.
4th gen is full of stall? I thought 4th gen was the trend toward promoting quick and dirty offense, or building up trains to run over everyone. =V

Although I haven't played much or almost nothing at all of competitive 4th gen. That generation was what I considered "changing too much" imo.

Regardless, the assertion that the Pokemon community is filled with those types of people is also a reason why I distanced from playing those games beyond pesudo-informed-casual-play anyway. Yes I am implying I am largely ignorant of the finer workings of 4th generation play (in fact I forgot but the bare basics of even 2nd and 3rd gen).

Ignorance is simply an inevitable human condition. But to be willfully ignorant and vehemently arrogant is another. Those types of people are unbearable.

so guys i was watching madoka and episode 10 is like endless **** it's rly good not reik haruhi overrated imho ryouko is pretty hawt :048::012:

Suspect

Smash Hero
I thought he didn't cause of what he said in the whobo thread before the tourny.

He asked nike to mm him or was he gonna run and talk ish like usual or something in that matter.

Anyways, im going all marth in a tourny this weekend. First time in maybe almost 2 years where I havent used multiple characters in a tourny. Hype

Suspect

Smash Hero
I have had Ozz syndrome, using marth for fun in friendlies and sometimes in tourneys. I'm gonna try to take him seriously now like I did with kirby wayyyyyyyyyyy back

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
4th gen is full of stall? I thought 4th gen was the trend toward promoting quick and dirty offense, or building up trains to run over everyone. =V

Although I haven't played much or almost nothing at all of competitive 4th gen. That generation was what I considered "changing too much" imo.

Regardless, the assertion that the Pokemon community is filled with those types of people is also a reason why I distanced from playing those games beyond pesudo-informed-casual-play anyway. Yes I am implying I am largely ignorant of the finer workings of 4th generation play (in fact I forgot but the bare basics of even 2nd and 3rd gen).

Ignorance is simply an inevitable human condition. But to be willfully ignorant and vehemently arrogant is another. Those types of people are unbearable.

so guys i was watching madoka and episode 10 is like endless **** it's rly good not reik haruhi overrated imho ryouko is pretty hawt :048::012:
4th Gen really isn't stallish at all. With pokemon like infernape, dragon dance dnite, ChestoRest Kingdra, and assortment of Gengar, Lucario, and Dragon Dance tyranitar.

4th gen was about knocking out the opponents bulky water and sweeping.

Before Mence was banned it was all about Magnezone/Salamence offensive core.

Before Latias was banned....i have no idea, never played before latias was banned. But I'd assume it'd be Latias and Salamence putting massive pressure on teams with scizor to scout and take care of tyranitar. Which led to heatran risage.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Banned banned banned, people clearly need more Lapras. Solve all your problems.

:131:

Nike.

Smash Hero
I thought he didn't cause of what he said in the whobo thread before the tourny.

He asked nike to mm him or was he gonna run and talk ish like usual or something in that matter.

Anyways, im going all marth in a tourny this weekend. First time in maybe almost 2 years where I havent used multiple characters in a tourny. Hype
He did? Where was that post? x)

Suspect

Smash Hero
is that an honest opinion or just a trolololly comment?

If you think that...then whatever happened to Crocune?
Just trolling, even tho when I first started playing I had one on my team.

And made alot of people rage quit. Or he just did good.

ability-body fat (whatever it was called)
held the berry that awoke you from sleep
body slam/ rest/ curse/ fire punch
He did? Where was that post? x)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12302059&postcount=3468

Nike.

Smash Hero
Your gonna be dissapointed.

Illmatic plays aggressively and doesn't camp. He's a better player than me, but his style simply will not work vs marth.

I played Razmikazi in pools for 2 sets. He camped and followed up every turnip with an ariel that I couldn't punish. He knew what he was doing and how to play the matchup. Both sets went to game 3 and every game went to last hit.

What it really comes down to is how you beat peaches fair.

Nair spaced and timed perfectly can beat it I think. I try and time it so that nair comes out after the fair but before peach lands (the window is very small with fair auto cancelling, which is where the godly timing/spacing comes in).

The other way you can do it is counter. If she hits you off stage and you try to get on and you see her floating sort of with your body, you know that hes gonna try to time a fair. Counter it.

You can also set up 50/50 traps your grab game. Say you get a fthrow that puts them to the edge (giving you big stage advantage). Peach's options are fair, float cancel away, air dodge on stage. When that happens:

Counter/shield grab the fair
Pivot grab the air dodge to reset the situation.
Stand your ground if she float cancels back and forth right above the ledge and react to how shes going to land.

Also learn to SDI her dair. I practiced it enough one day to be able to either SDI into the ground to fsmash or SDI up/left/right and fair her.

I didn't do this stuff nearly as much as I wanted to against Illmatic, but that's my mindset going into peach matches. Fthrow trap worked wonders on Raz and it's the only reason I won.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
I hate that Abel kid >.>

He spammed up my wifi friend finder for brawl site
He tried spamming my visitor's message area up
He spammed the owner of my wifi friend finder for brawl
Now hes here >.> But as long as hes banned im cool with it.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Marth v DK is like 55-45 Marth imo.

I played Will in a few friendlies at pound, and he beat me in most of them, but I felt like I was able to control the match pretty easily for the most part with full jump aerials + classic grounded defense. I would usually have a pretty decent lead 3rd stock and he would come up with some crazy hard read to win it.

Part of that can be attributed to Will being better than me, but you also have to consider that DK reaps a higher reward from a big read than most characters, including Marth. And that has to be factored into the MU as well.

If Marth has an advantage at all, it isn't a big one. I can definitely say I don't think DK has an advantage, though.

Teh Future

Smash Master
^well i waited for a like a minute and got bored LOL.

marth vs peach isn't bad at all bc peach is stupid bull**** and goes through swords

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Practical and reasonable moves being bair.

edit: perhaps utilt, but you're pretty ****ed in that situation and shouldve been uaired 2 years before even getting low enough to be utilted

Top Bottom