• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

$mike

Smash Ace
sup guys

my combo video "Payday" is being released this monday

it would be beneficial for each and every one of you to find yourselves to the video when it's online

discuss

$mike

Smash Ace
lol dark hart it's not funny to joke about something when in reality you get ****ed more than a thai hooker

shoutouts to scar

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Imma re write it cuz im a falcon bro.

"metalrefectslime infracted me for flaming (legit)

but then he had to be a ****** and search for an old *** post to infract me on just to make sure i get banned."

eat a **** *****.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I don't know what the back story is behind s2j vs the smashboard moderators but it'd be nice if he didn't get banned all the time w/e the reason is....

He is the most active pro falcon on the boards and it's hard to get advice from him when he's constantly banned... lol

Windrose

Smash Lord
Oh well....

On an unrelated note,

has anyone noticed how scar has been using getup attack from the ledge a lot lately? Especially as a replacement for rolling from the ledge. I first noticed this in his recent games against marth, he'd always use get up attack from the ledge instead of rolling...

I also noticed non of the top falcons use light shield edge guard against marth.. Is grabbing the ledge better or something?

$mike

Smash Ace
good marths know how to get around the light shield edgeguard when they see it coming - edgeguarding good marths involves a lot of baiting/tricks to **** their reaction. that's why you don't ever see high level falcons simply sitting by the edge in light shield. it is occasionally used though, more notably by darkrain

personally i use the light shield as a bait to make marths think i'm actually going to use it when they up b, then i go bair them

or if they're dumb enough to fall for it then i just pretend like im gonna bair, then i light shield

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
yea bait vs marth is really good, what i do now is jump up and down from the ledge then bair when i know they wanna go onstage, i think it's better then letting them get on cause they can DI the knee and live, bair kills them since it takes their jump and hits pretty hard

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Oh well....

On an unrelated note,

has anyone noticed how scar has been using getup attack from the ledge a lot lately? Especially as a replacement for rolling from the ledge. I first noticed this in his recent games against marth, he'd always use get up attack from the ledge instead of rolling...

I also noticed non of the top falcons use light shield edge guard against marth.. Is grabbing the ledge better or something?
Something most people don't know: ledge getup attack has almost the same number of "edgehog frames" as rolling does. It's an excellent replacement for rolling from the ledge, especially if you're not quite sure if they'll make it. Just ledge getup attack and you'll either hit them back off stage for another edgeguard opportunity or you'll still "steal" the edge from them as they plummet to their death.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
good marths know how to get around the light shield edgeguard
I honestly think, when done right, theres no way to get around it. Assuming the marth has to Up-B, the lightshield edgehog will always work. and by work, i mean either steal the ledge and kill them directly or force them onstage where you can do ledgehop dairs, knees and death combos.

the downside is that its uses less if the marth can DJ or airdodge to the edge/stage.

and yea, theres other ways to edgeguard marth anyway, but LS is pretty effective when used correctly. the marth can't directly avoid it through his own actions.

Mizar

Smash Ace
yea bait vs marth is really good, what i do now is jump up and down from the ledge then bair when i know they wanna go onstage, i think it's better then letting them get on cause they can DI the knee and live, bair kills them since it takes their jump and hits pretty hard
this is also in isai's bag of tricks, it even looks cool

I honestly think, when done right, theres no way to get around it. Assuming the marth has to Up-B, the lightshield edgehog will always work. and by work, i mean either steal the ledge and kill them directly or force them onstage where you can do ledgehop dairs, knees and death combos.

the downside is that its uses less if the marth can DJ or airdodge to the edge/stage.

and yea, theres other ways to edgeguard marth anyway, but LS is pretty effective when used correctly. the marth can't directly avoid it through his own actions.
you're probably right, I don't think theres a way to get around it
as you said, it either kills marth or makes him land on the edge followed by getting ***** in the face

$mike

Smash Ace

it'll definitely work if they're already at a point when they need to up b into it, lol. once they're in that position, there's nothing they can do to dodge it. but that's not what i was saying

i was saying that it's easy to get around if they see it coming, have their second jump and are still above you when recovering. the only exception to this is when they knocked out really far, in which case they can't do anything about it despite how obvious it may be.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
jpobs is right, but lightshield ledge hogging works even if they airdodge onto the stage. wait for it and ledgehop dair or knee.
fun fact, if marth fairs your shield with their dj and forces you onto the ledge, just edge hog them because 99% of marths are going to sweetspot the ledge or up b as soon as they see you try to get more ledge invulnerability
just edge hog datass

Walt

Smash Ace
holding edge > ledgehop > waveland off bair is **** against marth. not an every time edgeguard but a good mixup one to do. waveland off turnaround knee is also ****.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
who stays on the ledge when they're edgeguarding

go out there with a weak knee/u-air/d-air (or all three)

i don't play that waiting ****

Jake13

Smash Lord
holding edge > ledgehop > waveland off bair is **** against marth. not an every time edgeguard but a good mixup one to do. waveland off turnaround knee is also ****.
Iono about the turnaround kne but waveland bair it like my fav trick

Thanks to isai for another useful bit of flash

JPOBS

Smash Hero
lmfao get dat ish recorded.

i just realized how similar you look to ur avatar nando, idk if that was intentional but its hilariuous lol

Top Bottom