• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey let's see the flip first before you say that? ;o

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
If I was scum, what use would I have to be doing work in twilight?

How about just accept the fact that you messed up and plan for tomorrow.

My god, I abstained from shooting my scumspects BOTH Days because I thought this BiM would be different. It would be a game where everyone understood that scummy people shoot other scummy people. No one stupidly trying to be the hero by shooting their lone scum read. And for all that waiting and planning you DONT let vocal shoot to prove whether he can shoot or not and you end up ending the day for us by shooting a townie. Hope it was worth it.

Yes, I am salty, because I went over how the daykills should go down from my FIRST POST. We all agreed scummy should shoot scummy and, even if conversation had halted altogether, we would have gotten reads on both Vocal and Seph. Now we just have deadKuz.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Seph's replacement needs to die. I need BSL to clear Gheb so I can have someone to talk to. Vocal needs to be shooting.

If you disagree and don't post before Twilight is over, then you go down as scum trying to save a scummate.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Read up on summoner and, as I said before, don't understand his hate in the slightest.

Also agree that, while a ****ty move, Ranmaru is probably town who can't scumhunt for anything.

My two scum reads are still unchanged: Sword and Seph. Maybe throw Clownbot in there due to his reaction to me being shot seem weird.

Upon reading up on Gheb, the thing that caught my eye (besides relentlessly buddying me) was Gheb's strange avoidance of talking about Seph and his fixation with getting Summoner shot (and clownbot; once Vocal brought it up). If I am wrong about summoner, and he is scum, Gheb is probably town. If Seph were to flip scum, I would look at gheb in detail. Notice when the pressure really seems to be coming onto Vocal to shoot Seph, Gheb jumps in and tells him that if he finds someone scummy (in that case, vocal found clown scummy) that he should not wait on town's approval and just shoot his first scum pick. I can't really talk because I was never a fan of the democratic process to begin with, but the interaction looks scummy to me.

Other than those reads BSL and Ryker are town while July is most likely town. I think thats it.
I don't think I understand what makes them scummy, can you help me see what you see?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
^I believe it's because you're scum.

@Seph's replacement. If you want to live, I would suggest shooting Vocal.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Seph's replacement needs to die. I need BSL to clear Gheb so I can have someone to talk to. Vocal needs to be shooting.

If you disagree and don't post before Twilight is over, then you go down as scum trying to save a scummate.
Neither of these should happen toMorrow.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
^I believe it's because you're scum.

I believe it's because I'm not the best at scum reads. I'm not trying to contest him in any way, shape, or form, if that's what you're insinuating - I want to be informed. I want him to explain things so that I can be caught up to speed. I'm not the strongest scum hunter in the world so it's nice to know what others think as well.

Also, shooting me will not benefit town. If this is how things are going to proceed, then I would shoot Summoner, Seph's replacement, or Clownbot at the start of tomorrows day, as those are the prime suspects I have heard people discuss. This will reduce the options to me being town or me being GF, which is a decision I trust town to make.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
jeez . . .

Assuming Kuz really is town, I'm going to have to seriously reevulate my reads. Going to try to do a reread over Night.

Ryker, I don't know about shooting Seph's replacement. Trust me, I absolutely hate that he was inactive for the entire game. However, this is not OoC for him, and town is in the position where they can just kill an inactive off for just being inactive.

I suppose I would be okay with Vocal shooting, however, now I would also be okay with Seph's replacement shooting as well.

Lux, still want your reasoning.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
EBWOP:

Ryker, I don't know about shooting Seph's replacement. Trust me, I absolutely hate that he was inactive for the entire game. However, this is not OoC for him, and town is not in the position where they can just kill an inactive off for just being inactive.
fix in bold, missed a word

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Came into this game championing "pro-town" gaming mechanics and never actually contributed any content. Had a few exchanges with gova, if you can even call them that, where he basically droned on about how his way (voting) was right and refused to argue about much else besides gaming mechanics. Thats the only place he even tries to put of a facade of contributing content.

From there, he just makes posts every so often promising content later and saying he has irl johns. He basically let Zen's ultra town read on him help him coast all the way through from his early game setup discussion to now, where he has basically posted zilch.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Came into this game championing "pro-town" gaming mechanics and never actually contributed any content. Had a few exchanges with gova, if you can even call them that, where he basically droned on about how his way (voting) was right and refused to argue about much else besides gaming mechanics. Thats the only place he even tries to put of a facade of contributing content.

From there, he just makes posts every so often promising content later and saying he has irl johns. He basically let Zen's ultra town read on him help him coast all the way through from his early game setup discussion to now, where he has basically posted zilch.
This convince you, Sword?

I'm not impressed.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm sorry for not agreeing with you, I'll just sit quietly until told what to do.

After all, town can only win this by letting you lead us.
Not like you are giving other options yourself.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Ran for GF. We're going to need to shoot him in his cooldown IMO.

I WILL post why I thought Ran was scummy (his early D2 play reeked of filth, remember?) once I'm at school.

I don't think Kuz will flip scum, and I agree with him that Ryker is trustworthy. Once you see through the initial hostility Ryker's not bad lololololol.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Really Luxor?

Jesus Christ, you're all trying to get shot. How the **** am I supposed to sort through all the bull****?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just think Luxor is dumb just for dropping the voting system. Really he let July take on the "voting system" by herself.

Even so, if you guys believe this was a dumb decision, oh well. I thought it would be better than a seph kill. Now use Kuz's flip to help you with connections.

If you guys want to shoot me, then shoot me after 10 days. If you quick shoot, you're scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Ryker, BSL already gave you the cop result. July is inno.

Yes, I am town. Holy crap, didn't see that one coming. Agreed this game has way too many scummy townies in it. Should have kept up with it better, but Ranmaru's incessant idiotic questioning literally discouraged me from reading. Sorry dude, I should have played better regardless.
Also, do not blame your lack of content on me. I wasn't here the whole game. Not like you posted much earlier either.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hi Vocal, thoughts on Luxor?

Has he ever talked to you or asked you questions?

July

Smash Apprentice
K.

Daykill: Kuz

Kuz is scum, not Seph or his replacement.

Alright. Tbh not the worst person you could have shot, but god...I really, really needed someone who I didn't think was town to shoot so I could get some reads. Right now other than Ryker, Ran, BSL, and myself being town, and the fact that I still vehemently think Vocal is scum, my reads are shoddy because I'm still suspicious of so many people.

Lynch Gheb on scum flip on Kuz.

I don't mind that shot at all.
Fine with that. A town flip on Kuz should still warrant Gheb consideration.

Vocal, don't be a ****ing hero. You won't make a good one.

ANYONE who shoots Ran tomorrow before we've had AMPLE discussion on the subject will be quickshot by the first person to post or I will put in the Daykill command and get myself modkilled, losing the game for town.

Does everyone of you understand me?
Understood. As for dealing with quickshooting: the plan we came up with in the beginning was, at least as I understood it, bull**** just to discourage people from quickshooting. However, shooting Ran toMorrow is not an option, if Kuz isn't scum we need to try and find at least a nonshooting scum before we run out of lynches and get ****ed over.

July, are you still standing by Kuz/Sword being TvS?

Vocal, pick a shooter for toMorrow besides you. Ideally one of the three mentioned in my above post. Matter of fact, pick a different shootee also. Just your second-biggest scumpick.
Scum Kuz=town Swords in my mind. Town Kuz does not necessarily mean scum Swords. The biggest thing Swords has against him is that he has been really evasive about Vocal as shooter, in his #1413 he says he "supposes" that would be alright, but I think having Vocal shoot or get shot toMorrow should help with that; scum Vocal would push towards scum Swords imo.

You know what, let's care about this game. Town, you want to be carried? Fine, hold on tight because I'm ****ing done with this bull****.

BSL, you WILL target Gheb tonight. If he's guilty, get him shot immediately. No beating around.

BSL, you will almost certainly die tonight, but in the event that they kill me, then you have Gheb to carry this game if I'm dead. If Gheb is innocent and wrong twice, quickshoot him, he's godfather.

The rest of you. You've got guns and you will point them where I say to point them and when I say to point them. I will TRY to give you a direction before night phase. No promises.

To the people who will inevitably object, **** you. I need three people, maybe less, to win this game. I will not be shot by the godfather for scum win.
This. I will follow this and anyone town who actually wants to win will follow this.

Also in support of this.

Vocal, I disagree that shooting you would not benefit town, nothing has changed about the fact that I think you are scum EXCEPT at this point I'm willing to see you as either shooter/shootee.

Ran for GF. We're going to need to shoot him in his cooldown IMO.

I WILL post why I thought Ran was scummy (his early D2 play reeked of filth, remember?) once I'm at school.

I don't think Kuz will flip scum, and I agree with him that Ryker is trustworthy. Once you see through the initial hostility Ryker's not bad lololololol.
No, we are having people shoot and get shot who we don't know if they have the ability to shoot. There are two scum we are looking for who we know cannot shoot, and if we find them it'll be that much easier to find godfather. I thought that Ran was town before he shot, and now I am absolutely sure of that. You said Ran and I could be scum buddies before that shot, but clearly that theory is irrelevant now. So what about me made you think I could be godfather (which I would have to be if I was scum)?

I can't wait to hear your reasons for wanting Ran shot, because right now it seems like you just want to keep the semi-cleared pool low then start picking them off to divert attention from finding nonshooting scum.

Luxor

Smash Champion
You said Ran and I could be scum buddies before that shot, but clearly that theory is irrelevant now. So what about me made you think I could be godfather (which I would have to be if I was scum)?

I can't wait to hear your reasons for wanting Ran shot, because right now it seems like you just want to keep the semi-cleared pool low then start picking them off to divert attention from finding nonshooting scum.
I can't see why YOU would have to be GF, as you haven't shot; Ran, obviously, WOULD have to be. You've got some faulty logic going on or something.

I suppose it is still pretty early in the game for GF to go on a rampage, but I don't want anyone to think Ran is cleared.

July

Smash Apprentice
You said Ran and I were scummiest, but since BSL got an innocent on me I would either have to be town or godfather; when you were inferring I could be scum, you were inferring I could be godfather then.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hi Vocal, thoughts on Luxor?

Has he ever talked to you or asked you questions?
Not in my memory. Are you trying to draw us as scum mates? Would you like me to shoot him? Let me know by the end of ToDay.

Alright. Tbh not the worst person you could have shot, but god...I really, really needed someone who I didn't think was town to shoot so I could get some reads. Right now other than Ryker, Ran, BSL, and myself being town, and the fact that I still vehemently think Vocal is scum, my reads are shoddy because I'm still suspicious of so many people.

Fine with that. A town flip on Kuz should still warrant Gheb consideration.

Understood. As for dealing with quickshooting: the plan we came up with in the beginning was, at least as I understood it, bull**** just to discourage people from quickshooting. However, shooting Ran toMorrow is not an option, if Kuz isn't scum we need to try and find at least a nonshooting scum before we run out of lynches and get ****ed over.

Scum Kuz=town Swords in my mind. Town Kuz does not necessarily mean scum Swords. The biggest thing Swords has against him is that he has been really evasive about Vocal as shooter, in his #1413 he says he "supposes" that would be alright, but I think having Vocal shoot or get shot toMorrow should help with that; scum Vocal would push towards scum Swords imo.

This. I will follow this and anyone town who actually wants to win will follow this.

Also in support of this.

Vocal, I disagree that shooting you would not benefit town, nothing has changed about the fact that I think you are scum EXCEPT at this point I'm willing to see you as either shooter/shootee.

No, we are having people shoot and get shot who we don't know if they have the ability to shoot. There are two scum we are looking for who we know cannot shoot, and if we find them it'll be that much easier to find godfather. I thought that Ran was town before he shot, and now I am absolutely sure of that. You said Ran and I could be scum buddies before that shot, but clearly that theory is irrelevant now. So what about me made you think I could be godfather (which I would have to be if I was scum)?

July, as far as I have been able to tell you are the only person that wants me shot. Unless there is more support for this, I think I'll stick to the more common notion of me shooting someone else.

Luxor

Smash Champion
You said Ran and I were scummiest, but since BSL got an innocent on me I would either have to be town or godfather; when you were inferring I could be scum, you were inferring I could be godfather then.
...Forgot about that.

In other news, Lux --> Ryze? The Chinese Lux > new Ryze avvie IMO.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
American, but I moved to Switzerland about three months ago.

Ran, you're on a downward spiral into scumhood. I don't think anyone would oppose you shooting toDay.
Hey Luxor, why did you want me shooting toDay?

Not in my memory. Are you trying to draw us as scum mates? Would you like me to shoot him? Let me know by the end of ToDay.

July, as far as I have been able to tell you are the only person that wants me shot. Unless there is more support for this, I think I'll stick to the more common notion of me shooting someone else.
Why do you ask? Sure, shoot him if you'd like.

Also, I wouldn't mind you being shot either.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah. But if you thought I was gf, wouldn't you want me shot instead? Why would you want the gf to shoot?

July

Smash Apprentice
...Forgot about that.
Lol you forgot about it? You were the first one to respond when BSL posted his inno results haha.

Anyways, since you said you will post why Ran is scummy, you think he is gf right? Who do you think his scum buddies would be then?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I have no objections with following Ryker's plan of BSL investigating me if you think I'm that untrustworthy for having a town read on kuz. I'm mainly pissed that Ran shot because he wasn't scummy in my book and having another clear toDay would've been awesome.

And Lux you need to elaborate on why Ran of all people gives you GF vibes. He's been pretty vocal on the forefront and has garnered some suspicions here and there and I highly doubt that that's the way a GF would go about playing BIM when both his scum buddies are still around.

I'm loling pretty hard @ kuz implying I tried to distract from shooting Seph. Are you even reading this game? I think GF is between Seph and Summoner because of their passivity and letting their scumbuddies do the work while coasting and "pseudo-clearing" themselves via shooting later.
I also have a feeling that Vocal can't actually shoot, which is another reason Ran shouldn't have yhot yet and wait to see if Vocal actually can.
Vocal shoots either Seph or Summoner toMorrow. No deviation from this.

:059:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Im loling @ gheb loling as a defense. You might say you support both being shot, but its obvious you prefer summoner. As soon as vocal brought up clownbot as another target you also jumped at that idea of him being on of your suspects.

Also, since you think Seph or Summoner could be the gf, I assume you don't support them shooting tomorrow. Yes?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Im loling @ gheb loling as a defense. You might say you support both being shot, but its obvious you prefer summoner. As soon as vocal brought up clownbot as another target you also jumped at that idea of him being on of your suspects.
How is it obvious I want summoner shot over Seph? I don't think I even *hinted* at having a preference here let alone made it *obvious*. If anything there *might* have been a time when I preferred Vocal shooting Clown or vice versa but definitely not summoner. I've always put him as 4th on my scum list with Seph / Vocal / Clown taking my top 3.

Summoner being possibly GF only occured to me recently.

Also, since you think Seph or Summoner could be the gf, I assume you don't support them shooting tomorrow. Yes?
I answered the question before you even posed it - it's one post above yours.

:059:

Top Bottom