• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 Bus (July 14th - July 18th) - Cancelled (Again)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
woah this is awesome, i want in on this!! :D only problem is that i won't know whether i'll be in california for the summer or not until april 1st..

Atlus8

Smash Master
Less stops would be greatly appreciated! I think last time there were six stops! SD, Irvine, L.A Union, Chatsworth, Moorpark and the last one we all remember so well! Three stops is the way to go!

Eddy 007

Smash Apprentice
Hey Oats, are you coming to TJ in april? I think i can pay you in person if you want [i cant go to USA because im getting a new VISA ( i have to this every 10 years)].

Charoo

Smash Champion
Like I told Oats at my event, I'm donating money from my events for the Genesis bus. The more people at my event = the more I will donate.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Update 3!

Good News Everyone!

Here's an update for some of the good things coming our way for the Genesis 2 Bus.

Separate Bus + Hotel Prices!
I have separated the cost of a bus ticket with the cost of a hotel package. What that means is you may choose to just buy a bus ticket and forego the hotel completely, or you can opt to go for a hotel room also. While this definitely simplifies the costs associated with the bus, if you do decide to go with a hotel room, you should read the information about hotel rooms once I get the website running [Today, April 1st].

Donations from 2GoodGaming!
Thank you to the benevolent Champ for helping all bus riders with donations! For every tournament he hosts, a part of the venue fee will be donated to the bus, thus lowering bus ticket costs. That’s a very good thing! Another good thing is, that the donation is NOT FIXED. Meaning, the more people that show up to his tournaments, the more he will donate to our bus fund. Awesome!

Secured Guaranteed $400 Donation!

I have a secured a guaranteed $400 donation from a San Diegan that would like to remain anonymous. This person is a non-Smasher, and would like us all to have fun, be safe, and enjoy ourselves on the trip. Their only request is that they would like for a Fox main (that rides the bus) to make it out of Brawl Pools and for an Ice Climbers main (that rides the bus) to make it out of Melee Pools. Thank you, Anonymous Donor!

Genesis 2 Shuttles

Just because you’re not from SoCal does not mean you will miss out on the bus! From the Hotel to the Venue, the SoCal Genesis Bus will provide a shuttling service for ALL tournament attendees. More information on this to come (also, some nice perks on the way.)

Let DBR Know What You Want!

I’ve been trying my best to get in contact with DBR (the organizers of Genesis 2) to secure a possible discount for all tournament attendees that ride the Genesis Bus. If you want this discount, or if you want people to ride the bus to get a discount, please FOLLOW the Genesis 2 event on Facebook, and FOLLOW them on Twitter. Make a shoutout, retweet, reply, or do whatever to let them know that you or someone you know is going to Genesis 2 on the SoCal Genesis Bus and you would like for bus riders to get a discount!

Website Launch
I'll launch the bus webpage with full-prices and more information later on today.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Update 4

UPDATE #4

Hey all,

I've updated http://www.marceux.com and now you can buy your tickets or sign-up for layaway. Check it out! Comments about the website are also welcome!

(I've already updated the payment button, I just need to wait for the CSS to load up.)

-Oats

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
How come you went with not Paypal -- too much trouble?

(I paid my seat)

:)

p.s. btw This WePay website charges a fee of TREE FITTY

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Paypal is ok but I also lost the bus last year due to it. WePay is beast, has nice reminders and it has a beast system so that I can implement layaway.

I'd like for wepay to be used for Genesis.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
bump. people need to remember this still exists lol.

actually the real reason im posting is, oats, is the hotel your website info is about the hotel featured on the genesis thread? or is it some other hotel. just trying to see how close it is to the venue. thanks!

MacD

Banned via Administration
last year the french started in so cal and went north to nor cal

maybe a few of you out of country guys could work out together one ways if one goes north and someone else goes south

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
bump. people need to remember this still exists lol.

actually the real reason im posting is, oats, is the hotel your website info is about the hotel featured on the genesis thread? or is it some other hotel. just trying to see how close it is to the venue. thanks!
I am more than certain, as in it is past certainty, as in even though I'm already certain, there exists no shadow of a doubt in any dimension, and is, how you say, over 9000....that it is indeed the Ramada Inn that is featured on the tournament page.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Responses

@Baka:

Same hotel. Ramada Inn. Smash Hotel. 1 mile from venue.

@Caotic / Sholka:

I'll offer one-way at half-price, but I'll probably only offer a limited amount of these (less than 5) unless you can find someone to take the opposite trip. 1 person to go up, 1 person to go down.

@ Everyone Else:

May is coming up and the prices will increase soon! I'll post a formal update soon enough.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
@Caotic / Sholka:

I'll offer one-way at half-price, but I'll probably only offer a limited amount of these (less than 5) unless you can find someone to take the opposite trip. 1 person to go up, 1 person to go down.

@ Everyone Else:

May is coming up and the prices will increase soon! I'll post a formal update soon enough.
OK. I'll try to find someone anyway, I'd hate to give you more work :p

I can't take my tickets now because my boss hasn't accepted my days off work yet, but I should be able to do it soon.
I'm so hyped for this long, painful, tiring but awesome bus trip :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm considering doing a north-south run this time around, since flying into SFO is much easier for me

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
~SUPER HUGE REMINDER~

Tickets for the bus will go up $10 on May 1st. They are $100 now, and will soon be $110 in 11 days. PLEASE BUY YOUR TICKETS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Thank you!

Charoo

Smash Champion
hey oats imma give u the donation early July. Before genesis 2 happen of course. I was hoping to give a large sum of donation but nobody is coming to my tournament at all =/

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
What Exactly is Layaway / Pay-As-You-Go?

I was talking with a couple of people at Mike's tournament yesterday and they told me they wanted to go on the bus, but they were not sure about money or being able to afford it.

I asked them to try layaway.

They did not know what it was.

I told them they would be paying $9 - $12 a week (the cost of a hamburger meal or two at In and Out) until July.

They said, "Oh."

I said: "Yeah. Super easy."

---

With layaway / pay-as-you-go / weekly billing, I only collect a small amount a week, and I'm basically saving up the money for you and using it to pay for a ticket. You commit yourself to the ticket, and it's all fine and you get to go, AND you don't hassle yourself with worrying about not having enough money.

Think about it.

Full Bus Ticket Prices are now $110. Layaway prices will remain the same, until this coming Friday. Sign-up and I'll work a billing plan with you, EASY.

Lates.

Lovage

Smash Hero
hmmm i think i'm gonna be driving up with friends this time just to save time/money but i really recommend this bus to anyone trying to go to genesis (and if you live in Cali and not going to genesis...you ****ed up,) it was really a great experience last year.

save your pennies! the bus is worth it!

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Genesis 2 Bus Cancelled

Hello Everyone,

It was a hard decision to make, but for Genesis 2 there will no longer be a charter bus for smashers, leaving from Southern California to Northern California.

Despite tons of initial interest, there were only 9 sold tickets, and only 1 person signed up for layaway. Last time it was difficult to fill up every seat, and I don't think it will get any easier to fill up bus seats with the gradual price increase. I could blame the economy or gas prices or what-have-you, but the real point is, I don't have a viable solution to accommodate the people I really want to go.

My priority is this community, first and foremost, and I apologize if this is an inconvenience to anyone. I'll be refunding money ASAP, and for those of you that used WePay, I'll find a way to pay back the additional $3 charged from that transfer method.

I don't think of this as a setback or a failure but rather just a poor aligning of the stars. It just wasn't meant to happen, and I can accept and live by that. There will be other opportunities for fun, and I still have the hotel rooms reserved, so if you catch me at Genesis, we'll have a good time then. ;)

Sincerely,
Oats

baka4moé

Smash Champion
D: crap now i have no way of getting there....

if i do manage to get there, can those that did buy a ticket somehow get priority for your reserved hotel rooms, and if so, how can we get them?

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Hotels will be by group. So if you'd like a hotel room, get a group of people, RSVP with me, have the money by Genesis 2, and do whatever you want with it. The 9 people that purchased tickets will indeed have priority for rooms.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
ok thanks oats. is there a deadline for this, for contacting you? i am currently trying to get a group of ~5 people together, but we all have to finalize stuff first..

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
D: crap now i have no way of getting there....

if i do manage to get there, can those that did buy a ticket somehow get priority for your reserved hotel rooms, and if so, how can we get them?
This. I was really looking forward to the charter bus and at this moment, it was my only means of transportation to Genesis 2. Now I'll have to try hitchhiking a ride. :mad:

I don't think of this as a setback or a failure but rather just a poor aligning of the stars. It just wasn't meant to happen, and I can accept and live by that. There will be other opportunities for fun, and I still have the hotel rooms reserved, so if you catch me at Genesis, we'll have a good time then. ;)
Then I shall demand for a good time. :glare:

Top Bottom