• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"common knowledge" that a lot of people don't know

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LOL when you start to KNOW everything... you'll start to NOT do well. xD

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
in other news

ganon can scoop fox with a rising uair hes on the ground, you just have to stand a little bit far away from him

i just did it like 10x in a row
Seriously? Okay, I'm gonna break out the AR this weekend and see why this crap happens. I'll update on saturday or something...

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^If I were to guess, it would be Ganon's uair having a very low initial hitbox on the outer rim because of the angle that he extends his ridiculously long legs <_<

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I mean you can scoop Fox with Falcon, why wouldn't you be able to do it with Ganon whose Uair covers even more space haha

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Oh Speakin of that. When Falco is charging Dsmash he's in the standing animation. And this is a good thing because of POOP I FORGET. It was something though lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
^^If I were to guess, it would be Ganon's uair having a very low initial hitbox on the outer rim because of the angle that he extends his ridiculously long legs <_<
^^ Basically this. I'm pretty sure you have to be frame perfect on the uair, maybe one frame off will work but I'm not sure. Against falco it's a lot easier.

Renth

Smash Hero
if Ganon forward b's onto your shield you cannot grab him but everyone always tries and gives me a free down smash =)

Donkey Kongs up b hits on the lower platforms of Yoshi Story if you're standing on the ground.

I got something special to show everyone but I do not have recording equipment so .. we'll have to wait on that one.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
When your shield breaks, and you are returned back to normal (by a teammate or an attack or simple waiting) your shield is weakened. An uncharged marth neutral b will break your shield again in this state.

Marth now has an infinite stall tactic, discuss.

Lovage

Smash Hero
did u guys know that you can mash out shield breaks the same way you mash out of grabs. i think when i tried this 2 years ago i cut the time by about 4 seconds, try it urself!

Mooo

Smash Apprentice
just tested it, faclo say "hugggggh" like 5 times when i don't mash and 2 times when i mash. it was really stupid to test that though, because everyone basically knows that.

Jonas

Smash Champion
When your shield breaks, and you are returned back to normal (by a teammate or an attack or simple waiting) your shield is weakened. An uncharged marth neutral b will break your shield again in this state.

Marth now has an infinite stall tactic, discuss.
How about just taking the attack instead of shielding it?

Ghostbone

Smash Master
If a fox continuously lasers an opponent Fox or Falco's shine the opponent will be locked in reflecting lag until the Fox stops firing (or obviously if something interrupts the lasers).

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
did u guys know that you can mash out shield breaks the same way you mash out of grabs. i think when i tried this 2 years ago i cut the time by about 4 seconds, try it urself!
I haven't retested but I believe that to be false. iir shield breaks last the longest @ 0%. so percentage changes the time u stay in stun...I don't think u can mash out.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
here's something not everyone knows: luigi cyclone on the ground rules and nobody knows how to stop it or punish it (unless you **** it up or make it super obvious)

also don't try it against a good falcon, he'll tech in place and then run you down

Top Bottom