• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Im currently hanging out with some smashers at Ace to spend the night here.
We just had a tournament here.

Results: 1 Amsah 2 Jeapie 3 Remen 4 Faab

I have to keep in touch with my fellow falcons =)

trying to upload vids soon on Northernsmash!

Brookman

Smash Hero
So...who has effectively worked dash cancel gentlemans into their Falcon game ;)?
dash cancel? You mean. . . you have to leave the initial dash? That must suck.

New page: When do you guys use side b and how do you decide when to use it vs. grab or nair or etc. ???!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Im currently hanging out with some smashers at Ace to spend the night here.
We just had a tournament here.

Results: 1 Amsah 2 Jeapie 3 Remen 4 Faab

I have to keep in touch with my fellow falcons =)

trying to upload vids soon on Northernsmash!
Good **** Jeapie!

Smooth Criminal

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
dash cancel? You mean. . . you have to leave the initial dash? That must suck.

New page: When do you guys use side b and how do you decide when to use it vs. grab or nair or etc. ???!
I use side b during tech preferbly in the middle of the stage.

hubble

Smash Ace
you misunderstood my post but theorycrafting is ****ing stupid so i dont care to elaborate

lets just roll a fat one next time we're at the same tournament instead

0Room

Smash Lord
im impressed anyone could do that on reaction consistently.

see the no tech, sh, ff knee on reaction before they roll,stand,getup. timing must be tight as yoga pants.
It is actually really easy, like Kage said. You just get used to it. See a green flash->****

Im an inspiring Falcon player from Jamaica. I watch a lot of Silent Spectre vids on youtube. My friend Sinji told me to join smashboards to improve on my metagame. I know thier is the uair>knee combo for a finisher. Are their any others? Any advice?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3yEYLvTtQo :awesome:

Yes, there are tons of moves, all of which we'd be willing to talk about. If you want to upload a video in the Video Critique Thread that'd be a great place to start.

But overall, yes, there's tons of options: uthrow->knee, dthrow->knee, uair->knee, nair->knee, knee->knee, ftilt->knee, bair->knee, dair->knee...
Are you starting to get the idea?
But more or less, I need a more precise question to help you :p

When do you guys use side b and how do you decide when to use it vs. grab or nair or etc. ???!
I rarely use sideb. I do it mostly out of feeling, like if someone has a habit of teching away, rather than in a combo.
Side b is really risky and a lot of people don't use it because of that, and would much rather JC grab or nair. Most of Falcon's options are interchangeable in any given situation, you just need to know what's the best option at the moment.

D

Deleted member

i am the master of freaking low up-airs to punish missed techs

my thoughts though:

if you up-throw and jump at where their body lands at the right moment, you can react and do a knee if they don't tech and knee them as their body flops around

if you notice right away that they tech fast fall and chase

==

metagame tactic:

most spacies know the silentspectre, where falcon up-throws, stands still and they think he isn't going to cover tech in place

but he does and they tech in place and get *****

so, if spacies know about that and you jump at them after up-throw they will 100% not miss tech/ tech in place unless they are a kookster

Brookman

Smash Hero
Dude, I dunno where you're from s2j, but my metagame is way different over here in new england.

I mean, just saying.

UNLESS! Unless you are talking about national bracket meta **** - but then you might as well be referring to specific players . . . .then again, why aren't you doing that in the first place???

Exactly how many people have you tested your theory on? It is a theory, it can be tested. . . so???

S2J, I'd like to here your input on my side b question. More specifically, if you have any success using it vs. space animal shffling. The timing (if it exists) would be fairly strict (~10 frames with l cancel into jump). If you don't use it in this way how else do you attempt to use it (if at all).

Anyone interested can feel free to address these ideas - the more input the better, basically.

I very generally feel like down air is better though they obviously shine in their own ways.

/end semi-rant

D

Deleted member

Dude, I dunno where you're from s2j, but my metagame is way different over here in new england.

I mean, just saying.

UNLESS! Unless you are talking about national bracket meta **** - but then you might as well be referring to specific players . . . .then again, why aren't you doing that in the first place???

Exactly how many people have you tested your theory on? It is a theory, it can be tested. . . so???

S2J, I'd like to here your input on my side b question. More specifically, if you have any success using it vs. space animal shffling. The timing (if it exists) would be fairly strict (~10 frames with l cancel into jump). If you don't use it in this way how else do you attempt to use it (if at all).

Anyone interested can feel free to address these ideas - the more input the better, basically.

I very generally feel like down air is better though they obviously shine in their own ways.

/end semi-rant
i'm a conservative falcon main, low risk medium reward

i know when to go stupidly crazy though and go for off stage quadruple knees

so i don't like side-b ing outside of tech chases

i'm really not the right guy to ask although i will still occasionally side-b when the time is right

worthless answer loool

but side-bing a spacey randomly in neutral spots sound gawd awful

Erasor.

Smash Cadet
I keep getting punished by falco's dair>shine. so i buffer roll out of shield. are their any other ways i can avoid being shined? any advice?

Walt

Smash Ace
I randomly side-b spacies in neutral spots and every time I do I'm like "why did I do that I'm so stupid". Actually I find in matches where I use side-b less the better I do, I usually only do it when I'm scared, it's guaranteed, or against marth.

Speaking of being scared: played terribly at Is This Tournament yesterday. Didn't get out of pools and I had closer games against SFAT than some random samus just because I know him. Oh well, gotta just get over that. Got 5th in teams with Mooninite though.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Versus Falco you just gotta outspace him and not let him make you put up your shield in the first place.

If the Falco's not that good, just keep shielding until after he shines or messes up then stomp him.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I didn't mean resin hits, and plus I was drunk when I posted that >_< I think I've done like one resin hit my whole life honestly xD It's been a blunt kind of weekend tbh.

Anyways, drunk or not, I was mad impressed by Hax, as I always am =P I've officially switched to electric blue Falcon.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I thought you meant resin as in like ... your Falcon was rusty <_<
I guess I don't smoke so ... >_>

Can't decide what color Falcon to play ... Blood Falcon just seems less good compared to pink :facepalm:
I'll probably go with neutral from now on
I think the actual reason is Blood Falcon's feet are blue so I can't see his Nairs as well =____=

D

Deleted member

I randomly side-b spacies in neutral spots and every time I do I'm like "why did I do that I'm so stupid". Actually I find in matches where I use side-b less the better I do, I usually only do it when I'm scared, it's guaranteed, or against marth.

Speaking of being scared: played terribly at Is This Tournament yesterday. Didn't get out of pools and I had closer games against SFAT than some random samus just because I know him. Oh well, gotta just get over that. Got 5th in teams with Mooninite though.
Samus is a straight up knowledge matchup and is really easy once you figure out what to do, what is free, etc. i feel that the only reason falcons lose is not because they are worse but because they don't know the matchup

general gameplan is get underneath them and aerial them to death, samus in the air is abysmal

blocked samus d-smash = free knee

blocked up-b = full hop knee

get hit by up-b DI up really hard and fastfall and if there is a platform almost all Samuses will fall through it, only the few good samuses edgecancel plats to avoid punishment

up-throw early, hope they don't DI, up-air 8x

easy to pressure samus if you space well, be wary if they are good at crouch cancelling at early percents although you can sometimes bait out crouch cancel d-smash if you up-air and shield really quick

don't do silly approaches vs good samuses who will d-smash you at the edge and edgeguard you till you die

edgeguarding: grab edge, if they do not sweetspot grapple you get a free knee as they come up

you can jump at their bombs and mess them up really hard or knee right when the 2nd bomb explodes while they are bomb jumping

falcon wins 70-30 if ordinary samus

if abusive, ghey defensive samus then 60-40

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
Samus is a straight up knowledge matchup and is really easy once you figure out what to do, what is free, etc. i feel that the only reason falcons lose is not because they are worse but because they don't know the matchup

ive only played one samus but theyre annoying as **** cus they crouch cancel dsmash everything, and i feel theyre pretty much un-combo-able from throws. honestly i dont even know which throw to use, down or up, both of them seem to lead to nothing against samus -_-

Top Bottom