• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Rat

Smash Lord
Tournaments between the last ranking to now
Name/Number - Date - Number of players

Illinois
SMYM
12 - 3/5/2011 - 103

SGNG
4 - 1/15/11 - 44
5 - 2/26/11 - 13
6 - 4/2/11 - 26
(Results posted below)

BigD/Tink Editions
1 - 12/18/2010 - 26 Extra info
2 - 2/5/2011 - 15 (Results posted below)

Trails Livestream RR
1 - 3/23/2011 - 8

Wisjohnson
MAS Series
Bad Santa - 12/4/2010 - 12
So Lovely 2 - 2/26/2011 - 8 (Results Posted Below)

Indiana
SSBOs*
LVI - 4/9/2011 - 7
LV - 3/26/2011 - 7
LIV - 2/26/2011 - 8
LIII - 2/12/2011 - 11
LII - 1/29/2011 - 20
*Just scroll through their tournament rules.

Michigan
GSS - 3/19/2011 - 64
SWEET IV - 12/4/2010 - 50
Who's Got Salt - 2/5/2011 - 38

Pound V (gotta get the info for that.)

-------------------
Non-linked Results
-------------------
If I don't post a new number it means you got the same place as the person above.
Except for the 1-4 placings. That should be obvious. I'll specify when it's abnormal.

SGNG 4
1 - Kels
2 - Matt
3 - Dart
4 - Tink
5 - Deku
ORLY
7 - Vro
Duck
9 - The Good Doctor
Scythe
Tom
John!
13 - Sago
BigD
Juggleguy
Little England
17 - Black Panther
Mundungu
Quaz
Over9000
Money
Jayford
Captain Nando
Rat
25 - Sanchez
Exarch
Lance
Arty
SNPR
Leo
Oro!?
Okizeme

SGNG 5
Kels
Tink
Rat
Sveet
5 -Brightside
Yoru
7 - Cykofox
9 -Mars
Looshkin
Gem
Kindawg
13 - McSnapple

SGNG 6
Kels
Little England
Tink
Deku
5 - Scythe
Rat
7 - Vro
Bzoo
9 - Sveet
Sago
The Good Doctor
ORLY
13 - Lanceinthepants
Arty
Looshkin
Over9000
17 - Kochiha
DLA
Gem
21 - Hindawg
Roman
Zwarm
DJ
25 - Muffin
tweakin

BigD/Tink Edition 2
Kels
Tink
Dart
4 - Rat
BigD
ORLY
7 - Scythe
The Good Doctor
9 - Mundungu
Looshkin
Brightside
Sveet
13 - Mars
Gem

MAS: So Lovely 2

Scythe
2 - Zauq
Oro
4 - Sago
5 - hunger
the Good Doctor
7 - Grimace
Norm

john!

Smash Hero
to be honest, i'm not that concerned with the pr anymore... when the full rankings are released, i probably will have beaten people far ahead of me, and lost to people far below me... as an indicator of tournament performance, the rankings don't work very well outside of the top 5 or so.

Rat

Smash Lord
there's a new list b!tches.

Now is the time you get to complain about your ranking and the rules.

I'm going to sit back and laugh.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
let me start off by saying this list is wrong because no one is better than tom

and 2nd of all andale is the best player in the MW

you forgot to put game n watch next to matts name

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i dont play sheik fox falco in singles anymore

i play falcon, game and watch, marth

everyone knows tink should be 2nd but i guess you gotta go by results

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
looks good from my perspective. my placing is fair, even though i'm split on set counts with the next three above me, they've all beaten me more recently/ have beaten ppl I haven't :)

hahahah i like that i have 4 characters. i should just stick to fox lol

as for the rest of the list... Tom so low makes me laugh. yeah he lost to duck a couple of times so i guess he gets completely boned? i dont know about his games record against velynn, but he has a winning rec against dart, and hes taken sets off everybody above him. makes my brain confuzeeddd

why is the list top 20? top 15 was pushing it comon

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Looks like a pretty good list, I'm surprised to see MI people in there. I guess I forgot that we actually have started attending IL tourneys, haha.

Too bad Cunning only entered singles at one event, very curious as to where he would end up. And I think West Lafayette only has one F in it.

Tink

Smash Hero
i dont see how cunning isnt on there if cosmo is -_-....theyve been to like, the same amount of tournaments in the past 4 months, and somehow cosmo gets 2nd and no cunning on the list? lolll...ggs

Unstoppable Uhmerica

Smash Rookie
Wow the new list sucks. Here’s a better power ranking - The top 5 reasons this PR is garbage:

5) The ‘top’ players suck
Tink is a scrub trapped inside of a good players body. The R bros are all bark and no bite. Who has Deku beaten? Tink? Yeah that’s real impressive.

4) Kels is a joke
Kels is all luck and no skill. He lost to 2 unranked players at SMYM. Him and this list are garbage.

3) Communist Rules
Anyone could get on the list. With 3 MI player on the PR that means every MI tournament will be considered. If any MI comes to IL they will be active. That’s some commy bull****.

2) Zelda wtf
How is there a Zelda at #2? Either the tier list is wrong or this list is wrong. I’m pretty sure it’s this list.

1) It's Un-american
This list is biased against truth, justice and the american way. The Captain falcons are ranked #8, #15 and #17. That is bull****.

Make a better PR.

Dart!

Smash Master
i haven't moved from the 6 spot since this thing started also please add ganon falcon and mario to my chars
ive used them all in tournament before

Rat

Smash Lord
Few notes/explanations

#1:
This was a tough decision. Way to **** everyone Kels.

#2-5
Cosmo-Matt-Tink-Deku are close.

Cosmo Matt have the best results. Cosmo get's the nod for beating kelly smith in the past and basically ****** everyone through a rough bracket.
Tink has mixed results. 1der? Seriously wayne. Come on.
Deku doesn't have the wins to place him above matt/cosmo. Beaten Tink/Dart/Rat/LE.
Seems pretty fair @#5.

#6-10
Aka the Velynn-Dart-TomR-LE-Rat hodgepodge.
Velynn/Dart:
Velynn should be higher. Notably he beat Tec0 @ GSS, but had a super ****ty with sauce performance at SMYM. Dart has lost to velynn but overall has been solid. His consistancy and previous placement give him #6.

TomR:
Wtf r you doing tom? You go to 2 tournaments and do average. No notable wins. Lose to samus a bunch. Step it up. Gets #7 above LE/Rat because he did so well in the past.

LE/Rat:
I tried to make myself #9. Sveet and LE voted against me. Those jerks. Get wrecked me. I'm definately the weakest of the hodgepodge. While I've Beaten Dart-LE-dmac-(aaro), I've also lost to massive scrubs like juggleguy, john!, vro, and deku. LE gets #9 for beating Tink a lot.

#11-14
Duck-Andale---Moose-Trail
Duck/Andale
As a fellow samus player, duck ***** everyone. Most notably beaten TomR and (Tink) but otherwise not very impressive wins and some bad losses. Anthony might be placed higher, but he didn't really beat anyone good @ SMYM. Duck gets #11.

Moose/Trail
Well they both beat Iori. But trail has gone to like nothing. So trail don't have much to go on except he lost to dart. Moose get's #13 for like going to tournaments and doing ok.

But seriously where should we put Trail? wtf?

#15-18
ORLY is a boss. his most notable win is against Duck and Mikey Lenetia. Also he is 0-7 against me.
John! has done really well. Beat me, le, duck. Chris gets #15 because he beats john down.
Well Vro has choke syndrome. Beats some good people, but loses to others. Please go to tournaments and win Vro.
Scythe has been doing better. Beaten a Velynn playing fox. Wins crappy WI tournaments. Scythe has improved immensely since the last PR. (seriously, the previous sentences are a bad context for scythe's improvement.)

#19-20
Not sure about Bzoo. He's done some good stuff. I like him here because he's above sveet and that makes sveet mad.
Goose is #20 because of spite.

Unlisted Honorable mentions
BigD lives in chili.
Quaz has done ok. Needs to beat people so we can put him on the list
George is awesome but needs to crush goosefactor at the SSBOs.

Imo this list is pretty ****ing stacked. I think the PR did a good job.

edit: I hope more players from MI, MN, and OH come to IL tournaments. From MI: Shady, Taki, shaeden, tr3mor, and bigy (maybe kail) do some **** stuff. MN should come to more tournaments so we can rank Aaro and Chexr. I take back what I said about OH, no way in hell do I see them coming over here and doing anything. IN step up your game.

Top Bottom